• icon"Reasonably priced, excellent customer service, easy to use."
  • icon"What we love most about this software is the simplicity for clients create an account and also book in a class. Customers never like difficulty."
  • icon"What I liked most about this software is the ease of use and reliability."
  • icon"I don't like that there is no option for a client to sign an actual membership contract."
  • icon"I would stress that this complaint is very minor, and has not impacted my user experience."
  • icon"As a mobile PT, I don't always have access to the internet so a massive downside it not having an offline use."

All PTminder Reviews

Gail

Personal Training Management made easy.

Accountability is necessary for any business. Ptminder's solves this with easy to setup customer financial information that keeps records on due dates and other important information keeping your business healthy.

Pros

It is a great software program that manages your schedule and financial books. It's easy to set up and record keeping will make tax season a breeze. The calendar feature allows you to book, charge and even change appointments.

Cons

I wish the workout program was a little easier to set up. It took too much time to locate exercises or video, upload and then add variables.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great support and communication

We moved from another cloud based software provider as they were proving to be expensive for what they offered in terms of support. PTMinder although may not have all of the bells and whistles that other gym/pt software have but their support is fantastic and the 24/7 online help has been invaluable for me as a gym owner. The fact that they are constantly adding to their service is another bonus and I look forward to seeing how PTMinder continues to evolve.

Pros

Excellent value for money, 24/7 online support!! regular updates, good value for money. The online support is fantastic.

Cons

Calendar booking is a little clunky and would benefit from a feature that allows bulk actions in the calendar. The transaction and invoice linking could be more streamlined and the option to record outgoing, and incoming communication that you have had with specific clients in their member profile would be beneficial.

Reasons for switching to PTminder

Expensive, slow customer support and their website offering is overpriced and over valued for a wordpress plugin with some basic graphics. You can build your own wordpress plugin website for a fraction of what they charge.

Ahmad

Terrible Software!

Pros

Using the software is easy. The software has the capability of being great if they cannot fix the customer service and keep the software from locking me out and having to constantly reset my password. It's very inconvenient. It's embarrassing and unprofessional.

Cons

The software will lock you out and the customer service is horrible. It even deactivated my account right when I was in thr middle of scheduling clients and trying to see my availability. Having to chat with them before you can get through on the phone is annoying especially when clients are waiting on you. Also, when I finally did get through to talk to someone. I heard a baby crying in the background as well as a lot of noise. It was distracting on top of already being frustrated. It was unprofessional and it's not how I want my business. It's embarrassing to have clients in front of me while I'm trying to access my account to schedule them and being told my account was deactivated. I am very disappointed.

Response from PTminder

Hi Ahmad, there was a specific bug in the new Safari browser causing this but we have quickly fixed that up. Our customer service team have already spoken with your company and confirmed it's all working well now. Huge apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please reach out if there is anything further we can assist with, thank you!

Replied May 2018

Theresa

Easy to use but beware the hidden costs

Pros

Very easy to use and integrate into our website Easy to keep track of clients bookings and payments Easy to use for clients who are not particularly tech savvy Options to set up recurring membership payments, class passes and sell products Can set up group classes and individual sessions Easy to keep track of income and expenses

Cons

Hidden costs! You have to pay a monthly fee plus they take a commission from every payment a client makes through the system which gets VERY expensive. Also you have to pay extra for everything eg text reminders, customised app... The basic app can still be used without an extra charge but it's ugly and not customisable.

Reasons for choosing PTminder

Based on the pricing structure, when you look at the website, I thought this would be cheaper with all the functionality I needed. But, it has actually worked out to be even more expensive than Mindbody.

Reasons for switching to PTminder

I thought this would be a less expensive option

Tim

Great software to help Personal Trainers run their business

It makes running my business so easy in terms of the admin and finances. The system handles it all. I don't have to worry about it. I can log all of my expenses in there as well which helps massively with accounting. Clients book themselves in and can see how many slots they have left from their packages - and just buy more as and when. This means I don't have to worry about any of the administration and can focus solely on giving the best group classes and personal training sessions without the burden of the admin. Clients love it too.

Pros

It's easy to use. Set up is very straightforward. Integration with existing website is also very simple. The ability for clients to book their own sessions (within available slots) is so helpful, and allowing clients to pay online and book into classes or go on a waiting list takes all of the effort out of it. Clients particularly like the email and text reminders.

Cons

The workout planner isn't as advanced as some others, and it's not quite as set up for online personal training (i.e. remote coaching) as some competitors.

Reasons for switching to PTminder

my PT Hub was very complicated to use and not at all intuitive. PT Minder is a much better overall offering and suits my needs way better.

Rob

Excellent software once you figure out how to use it

I like the software a lot and will likely be using it again with my new location

Pros

Includes all the features I needed for building programs, selling packages and scheduling

Cons

When you have no clients you still have to pay for access to set it up once the trial ends

Reasons for choosing PTminder

More feature rich and an attractive interface

Reasons for switching to PTminder

MyPTHub does not allow restriction to their built in exercise videos which is not good for those building their own brand

Summer

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Love it

Excellent.

Pros

We upgraded PT minder from MindBody and never looked back. The system is excellent and the support team are always available and helpful. I’ve recommended PT Minder to lots of industry contacts.

Cons

Anything that I find might be lacking they fix or add in to the development pipeline. Can’t fault it.

Reasons for choosing PTminder

Service, price, overall product.

Reasons for switching to PTminder

Dissatisfaction with MB. PT Minder delivers far more, in a better way for a much better price.

Response from PTminder

Thank you for the review Summer! :)

Replied May 2020

mike

All you need for client profiles

Pros

The Calendar is easy to use and book clients in or block out certain times or days, you can add unlimited clients and separate them into active live and previous, set up membership payments and direct debits, create training and nutrition plans and send or print them.

Cons

Unable to sync calendar with iPhone newer than iPhone 5, guide to sync calendar is outdated and needs updating. Not clear on what payments are direct debit and what are one off payments I.e membership is recurring and payments are one off.

Nancy

Absolutely love it. Monthly rates for this program in comparison to others is much lower!

Pros

Very easy to use! I was skeptical with such low monthly dues but was pleasantly surprised when it did everything I needed it to for scheduling, organization, follow-ups and transactions. Definitely recommending this program to other Anytime Fitness franchise owners. This was my first time managing a personal training program of my own in my gym, and was provided with easy steps and excellent customer service to make that transition smooth.

Cons

Percentage rate on Stripe debit transactions, have to use Square to be competitive and save money. The great thing is you can still use the program without using Stripe for debit and credit transactions.

Gail

Great tool for any personal training business!

Staying on top of my finances is the greatest benefit. The ease of the software allows you to get setup and running in minutes.

Pros

It's like having an accountant at your fingertips with a full report of all aspects of your training business.

Cons

Would love if you added member check-in for those of us who have studios as well as taking payments directly from checking accounts. An added check-in feature would help me keep track of who is coming in regularly and who is membership is due. Right now I can only be told who is due and then try to find them to collect payment for those paying through checking accounts.

Olivia

Super easy to use, has it all in one for a small business.

I love it because it is easy to use for my small business, has most of the functionalities that I need, makes financial reports very easy to see, and plenty of ways to ensure that there are no errors for example going to Balance of clients allows me to check if I reconciled all sessions correctly and charged correctly. Which helps reduce errors in number. I have also noticed it has improved a lot in the last year, the speed of loading is better and functions work better. Super easy to navigate. Would love to see the monthly membership a little bit cheaper especially as I am a very small business with only 2 trainers at the moment. But overall, very happy, I do all my admin stuff in the program and at this point do not require any additional program to manage all the numbers and clients. Everything is in one place.

Pros

Easy to use. Has everything that a business needs. Easy to read financial reports. Monthly graphs and charts are awesome visual aid of financial position. Love that I can easily jump from monthly to weekly to annually depending what data I want to compare. Keeps you in check if you are entering numbers correctly, by being able to double check balances and see if all charges and income has been entered correctly.

Cons

Needs to be a little bit cheaper with addition of the new trainers as my trainers only use the diary and client tabs.

Response from PTminder

Thanks Olivia! Please get in touch if you need to add more trainers, we'll sort out a small discount for you :)

Replied April 2017

Tine

Requested Feedback

Love the product, defintely wouldn't be able to live without it. I talk to other personal trainers about getting this! easily access calendar from my phone on the go. Love the fact that assessment information is on my phone instantly if I need it and clients can access this through their log in portal. Like the fact that I can have active, lead and past clients. I like how you can see the earnings at a glance per month. Would like to see in the future: -booking unavailable time in the diary through the app right now its just sessions/classes. -payments connection to bank account to reconcile sessions that way -private notes to be the default for sessions or at least the option rather than workout plan Have had a few instances where I add a prepaid payment to a client click the send receipt function and it sends that information to a random client. This has happened about 4 times now and have emailed in about it to which I've not had a response from you guys. My clients are pretty cool about this kind of thing but when it involves dollar amounts when clients are on different rates, I have a very hard time trying to explain this to them.

Pros

Easy to book in clients and hold client information App Website log in easy I can manage my classes and clients Snap shot of how much made Week and Year to date Hold assessment information in once place

Cons

Private notes not the default in the sessions breakdown Payment information connection to your bank - have to add each payment manually Unavaliable time is hard to use (to block own training and so that clients cant book in in that time). Needs to be a 3rd session/class type of action.

Luke

A great software still in progress

I had been using PT Minder for 3 years I believe, and rate the software very highly. It allows me to run my personal training business efficiently and professionally. Plus points of using this software; - easy to use, and organise your schedule - efficient client booking system for classes and sessions - pretty rounded financial reports and reconciliation aspects, keeping on top of what money you're making. - good client profiling and information logging Rooms for improvement; - the workout planning side of things is pretty much non existent. An api should be used to link with programs such as Trainerize - a more efficient approach to client workout progress. - links to more payment websites such as gocardless, Expensify, and potentially links to bank accounts to track invoices being received. - a more aesthetically pleading and branded app - giving info on the classes and services we offer as trainers, therapists etc. Clients can they decide what to book based on this. A very good software - just needs more integration with other software that is more advanced in other areas.

Tiffany

Overall Happy with a few kinks

I have been using this software for a few months and I am happy with it although there are a couple of features that I wish were improved. For my clients who miss sessions or go on vacation, the system is a bit cumbersome to track that. I have to create an owed session code and credit the customer another session instead of the system automatically tracking it for me. For clients who go on vacation, the pause feature does not let you select your own date. The dates are based on their membership start and end dates so that also makes a bit of extra work. The system otherwise is fairly easy to use and customer service is always available although I think there may be a language barrier which makes some of the communication more time consuming to explain. But they are always very nice and helpful and do follow up if there was a question they have to research. When I first bought the service, the feature of having merchandise for sale was not available and now is so that was a great improvement. There have been other upgrades based on feedback so I know that this company is willing to grow, which is great. I am a small business (sole proprietor) so this software has been ideal for my needs.

Pros

ease of use, availability of customer service and willingness to be helpful, value for money

Cons

customer service language barrier (sometimes takes a while to explain the issue), limitations for missed sessions tracking and pausing a membership tracking

Omeil