All ABC Trainerize Reviews

Reviewed February 2023

User-Friendly and Easy to Learn

Ariana

Reviewed February 2019

Trainerize has been a life-saver for my business!

Prior to using Trainerize I was creating workout programs on excel sheets, video demonstration playlists on YouTube (which was a hassle in and of itself), and then delivering those programs and playlists via email. I had clients reaching out to me through social media, through email, and through text, and I felt like I was always running in a million different directions. Now, my clients message me through the app when they need me. I don't have to send check-in emails to see how their workouts when because my nightly report fills me in on all the stats, and I can deliver both the programs and the videos in one place which is a HUGE time-saver. My experience with Trainerize has been amazing.

PROS

I love that Trainerize is a one-stop shop for running your business. From creating and delivering programs to managing client communication to handling payments and invoices, I appreciate not having to use dozens of different apps and software services.

CONS

Honestly there isn't really anything I don't like about it. They are always open to taking feedback from their users and they implement changes regularly.

Hey Ariana! Wow, thank you so much! We are so happy Trainerize has helped you run your fitness business more efficiently! Keep crushing it! - Team Trainerize

Katie

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Professional system with great customer service

So far I have set up my existing clients and can honestly say the process has been easier than expected thanks to the support videos and support team. I am finding the system a huge benefit to my business and my client feedback continues to be positive. There are a few areas I feel could be developed further but the company appears to be investing in this constantly which is great to see. I would recommend the produce to other online coaches.

PROS

Initially the set up video were extremely helpful and something trainerize was considerable easier to negotiate than other systems I tried. The mobile app is brilliant and syncs with lots of other systems meaning data is collected all in one place. My clients have also found the app to be very user friendly and easy to use. I like how the calendar features allows you to drag and move item to different days - again a great feature. The customer service has also been very help in answering any questions, they also add extra reading links on the topic which i think is above and beyond.

CONS

It doesn't sync with Samsung health yet but they say this is in development. When comparing clients workouts in the progress tab it doesn't list the workout in the correct exercise order which is a little frustrating when trying to review clients progress. It doesn't use averages in the progress tab for nutrition or bodyweight - I hope they add this as I have to use a google sheet to personally calculate this at present.

Reason for choosing ABC Trainerize

Its features suited what I was looking for more. Mainly in syncing with my fitness pal, data analysis, calendar ease of use and the mobile app for clients.

Reasons for switching to ABC Trainerize

Mobile app for clients to track workouts data all in one location data analysis made easier habit tracking features

Reviewed March 2022

Trainerize is the best there is as of now for online personal trainers

PROS

The exercises library is very extensive. It's very rare that we can't find what we need. Even then, we can add whatever exercise we need from an external source.

CONS

The ease of use on the client's side is not optimal. Often, we have to explain to clients certain functionalities. It is not as intuitive as it could be.

Reason for choosing ABC Trainerize

Taking in consideration everything, this is the best online personal trainer software at the moment. It has more exercises, less bugs, better ease of use and much more than the competitors. Still, it's not perfect but they are constantly improving.

Jake

Reviewed November 2022

Your one stop shop

Highly recommend this to any trainer who not only wants to impress their clients, but simplify their coaching experience.

PROS

I love trainerize. It has really simplified the coaching experience with my clients on the gym floor and remotely.

CONS

I struggle to understand why updates take a long time to produce.

Reason for choosing ABC Trainerize

It presents better UI than other software and has more intergrations.

Darrell

Reviewed July 2018

A solid platform for virtual coaching and OPT

Overall Trainerize has been a positive experience - it has allowed me to create, build, and grow my virtual coaching business and greatly increase my earning potential.

PROS

I appreciate that they continue to add features and innovate. I also like the ability to create workout and program templates and copy it over to individual clients, with the ability to modify the workouts from there. The ability to add my own custom exercises is also pretty crucial.

CONS

I wish the payment system was easier to navigate, and I wish there was a way to add a one-time billed product while a client has an existing package running - currently I need to cancel the existing package, do the one-time billing item, then re-subscribe them to a recurring billing package. This is wildly inefficient and disruptive, but not an often-enough-needed feature that it causes major problems for me. I also wish I could modify program templates once assigned to a client.

Hey Darrell! Thanks for the review! We are so happy Trainerize has allowed you to increase your earning potential as a online personal trainer! We definitely understand where you are coming from regarding Trainerize Pay. Our payments team is currently working on the best way to allow clients to purchase multiple products at at once. We will let you know as soon as we have a solution! - Team Trainerize

Reviewed October 2017

Love the app and how it's growing and getting better month by month, year by year.

-Ability to save a lot of time, as well as store everything in one central place. -can now take on a much larger clientele base and train solely online - much better than old school excel spreadsheets and just simple email communication

PROS

Too many to type, but for sake of simplicity I'll pick the top three -Programs feature which allows you to store pre-made programs and copy them out, or add subscriber -groups feature, which is great for increasing social motivation and something special that the app offers -It's integration with new payments that has incorporated automation aspects that will allow us trainers to create a program and then simply "let it run" and not more work is needed on our end if we set it up properly; just need to collect the $$

Hey Michael! Wow - thank you SO much! We are so happy you love the app! The Master Programs feature and Trainerize Pay feature are some of our favourites too. Stay tuned for more exciting updates and features coming soon! - Team Trainerize

Rob

Reviewed July 2018

Best Overall General Fitness Platform I have found

Overall extremely satisfied. We are very reliant on the Trainerize platform for our future coaching services.

PROS

It addresses most of the fitness programming and online coaching needs while allowing integration with other best in class platforms for an overall comprehensive system. (Still further to go, but the development team seems open to addressing these needs)

CONS

Well, it isn't perfect, and it isn't all things (but nothing is, so to be nit picky) The big items are: - the integrated pay system only allows one package or product, no add-on upsells to a pre-existing service - there is not an integrated scheduling system (yet) - we cannot assign Master program and a Custom program to a client

Hey Rob! Thank you for your review and feedback! We are thrilled you think Trainerize is the best overall general fitness platform (we do too)! Having two products at the same time is something we are looking into adding to Trainerize Pay. We will let you know as soon as we do! - Team Trainerize

Che'Vonne

Huge Help!!!

PROS

I love that Trainerize is constantly improving. I've been using it since 2017, and love the constant updates that makes running my online fitness business much easier! I love that they have a great exercise library, and still add to it often.

CONS

It doesn't allow for other apps to run at the same time. When tracking a workout, if you leave the app to try to open a music app, the tracking stops. The timer should run in the background. Also, it crashes a lot.

Hi, Che'Vonne! Wow! We are so happy that you enjoy the App and that it helped you to streamline your business! Good News! We are in the process of releasing a brand new version of the app (we invested over a year in rebuilding it from the ground up) that is going to improve the performance and overall stability of the app! Plus, stay tuned for more exciting updates! :) - Team Trainerize

Replied July 2020

Kimberly

Reviewed February 2019

Great Added Value to Training!

This has been a wonderful resource for me and my clients to use. I've had clients move out of the area and continue to train with me online. I've had clients use Trainerize to do workouts on vacation or extended leave. A+

PROS

A lot of improvement since I started using in 2015. User friendly, great selection of exercises or the option to add your own. Integration with Evolution Nutrition, FitBit, etc.

CONS

I would love to be able to add a photo to the exercise description if a video isn't added. If there's a way to do this, I'm not aware of it.

Hi Kimberly! Thank you so much for your feedback! That's amazing! We love to know that you find the App user friendly! Wow! Your suggestion would be a great feature to have in Trainerize. Can you post on our Ideas forum? www.ideas.trainerize.com/forums Plus, stay tuned for more exciting updates! :) - Team Trainerize

Replied September 2020

Kevin

Great product

I used to use google sheets which had to be manually entered on by the client and I wouldn't be able to visualize progress as well as now. I love that Trainerize automatically loads the nutrition information, tells me when my clients are getting their workouts done, is an easy to use instant messenger, and graphs the clients progress while also allowing easy access to progress photos.

PROS

I love how I'm able to visually see the progress my clients are making, easily check the macros that they are hitting while the app links to MyFitnessPal, and deliver workout programs that my clients can access

CONS

Sometimes it gets buggy and the nutrition changes do not load for my clients. And also some of my clients report having difficulty with notifications and/or receiving messages

Hey Kevin! Thanks for submitting your feedback! We're so glad that you LOVE the ease of navigating with the App and that it is helping you to track your client's success! In regards to the issues, you are experiencing with the report tool, can you reach out to us at help@trainerize.com. Our team will be happy to help! Thanks for being with us all these years! Ps: Stay tuned for more exciting updates! - Team Trainerize :)

Replied September 2020

Reviewed March 2017

The best online fitness platform in existence

I have worked with Trainerize for about a year and a half now, and it's been a great relatioship. I have gotten to know the support staff in the executive department quite well, as well as the other staff on the technical side, and one person on the customer service side. Everyone at Trainerize is about making the online fitness experience better for both the professional and the end user clients. It was a pleasure getting to organize the initial conference calls with the executives at Trainerize and the executives at Under Armour Connected Fitness to make the MyFitnessPal integration possible. I am very proud of this addition and my part in it, because it means that thousands of trainers across the world, and probably hundreds of thousands of clients now have a way of managing nutrition in real time. End of the day, it's all about making things better, and Trainerize is at the forefront of that movement. Pleasure to be associated with them, and I look forward to a lot more success together in the time to come!

PROS

Ease of use, integrations, the MFP integration honestly is everything and I worked directly on this so I'm so happy that it has come out the way that it did

CONS

Wish some of the branding looked a bit better...I might have also not sent the most optimal files. I also wish that messages from clients and to clients were received as better notifications. I don't notice messages from clients until I am inside the app and I am assuming they don't see mine until they log in. Perhaps I'm missing a notification thing here but I just wish messaging was a little more noticeable. Clients might not want messaging going thru all the time, but I certainly would like to receive messages from them right away.

Hey Chris! WOW - thank you so much for your review and kind words! It was a pleasure working with you as well! Please feel free to email us (help@trainerize.com) and one of our coaches would be happy to help fix your notification settings so you are notified on your device every time. - Team Trainerize

Erik

Workflow

Broken enough to do alot of really cool things the developers did not intend. They are constantly trying to get better and their customer service is top notch.

PROS

Data available. Once the system is learned it is very powerful

CONS

Workflow suffers. When training strictly online weight selection is tied for number one in importance with technique. Where you time is squander is with clients who have to have their weights added to guide them. They must be entered for every workout. We currently use our workout builder we have designed in excel to program the training and then have to transfer those numbers. We use a formula or boolean statement to process this. If trainerize could allow for weight percentages that are based of a weight we define and then define that percentage for each individual exercise your time per client will be cut in half. We haved used this program strictly online with high level athletes and your every day gym goers. The price per minute of your time is slightly over breaking even. I would love to talk more about how we use our builder and trainerize togther to help come up with a solution. Also there is no list of new exercises that are imported. I have filmed exercises only to see a month later trainerize has their own version.

Hey Erik! Thank you so much for your review and feedback! Your idea regarding weight percentages sounds like a cool feature to have in Trainerize's future. Could you email help@trainerize.com with more details on how that would look? We can pass that on to the developers and they can get in touch with you if it is something they are going to add to Trainerize. Also thank you for your feedback on our customer service - made our day :) - Team Trainerize

Ana

Reviewed April 2017

Makes my life as a trainer 100x easier!

Helps me stay organized with programming and client communication. I can stay on top of all my clients without going nuts or spending too much time. Clients are always impressed with the professional structure Trainerize gives my business, and they love keeping track of how many workouts they've completed, receiving messages for their Personal Bests, etc. A simple feature that goes a long way in client retention! I can't say enough good things about Trainerize. In the 2 years I've been a customer, I've seen them listen to customer suggestions and put them into action. The app has grown and developed exponentially in 2 years, which makes me look forward to every update they make. If you're a trainer, and you're not using Trainerize, you're missing out on a system that will make you more efficient and professional with your programming and client connection.

PROS

Beautiful interface. Progress charts. Keeps track of clients' progress on specific lifts in specific workouts. Easy client communication.

CONS

I can't access my workout templates from the APP - I have to open a client's profile for that. I can't change/update training plans of multiple clients at once - having to go one by one is really time consuming.

Wow - thank you SO much Ana! We appreciate your review and are so happy you love the Trainerize interface! Regarding having more functionality on the mobile app, I can definitely pass your feedback on to the development team for review! - Team Trainerize

Reviewed June 2021

Trainerize is a good program for starting a business, but needs a lot of ethical changes

The customer service people that I have spoken with have all been very polite and respectful and were able to take care of what ever I needed at the time.

PROS

I believe that this is a great way to learn how to use online fitness software because it is very easy to use and they have a lot of great features to use to make the coaching experience easier.

CONS

Trainerize is a bit costly for what you get when you can get 10 - 15 clients for what it cost in the Trainerize basic package. The trainerize me website is so cluttered with multiple profiles which are not from the area your looking for its difficult to figure out what you want and many of these profiles have multiple spots take up on the website. Most of these trainers also don't have any listed certifications or experience in fitness which creates ethical concerns for the platform.

Reason for choosing ABC Trainerize

It was recommended by a local gym owner

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Excellent Fitness App

Very easy and enjoyable to use. Has everything I need to track and communicate with clients in one easy spot.

PROS

So many things! I love the way you can build workouts and easily implement then into clients plans. Love that it tracks your progress from workout to workout. Also love that it graphs body weight, stats, has pictures, steps, habits and even a meal plan option. I seriously can go on and on about the app :)

CONS

I wish that there was a notes section by each exercise so you can add in a lil something about that exercise. Like if you used dumbbells or cables. Also when messaging it would be great if there was a send button and that the messages didn't send by hitting enter.

Hey Jennifer! WOW - thank you so much for your review and kind words! We're thrilled to know that you like the Trainerize app and the ease of building workouts for your clients. Your idea of adding a note section for exercises, sounds like a cool feature to have in Trainerize's future. Could you email help@trainerize.com with more details on how that would look? We can pass that on to the developers and they can get in touch with you if it is something they are going to add to Trainerize. - Team Trainerize

Replied July 2020

Jonathan

Reviewed May 2022

Thanks Trainerize For Allowing Me To Monetize

Highly Recommended To Try At Least! Trials not gonna cost you anything- just make sure whenever you’re doing a trial period, plan a few action steps of what you want to explore with the app beforehand. That’s how most trial periods just stay on phones after the download and we should give way more credit to everyone developing these platforms :)

PROS

The relatively easy “plug & play” app that plays a vital role in elevating and improving the standard of health/wellness globally. In comparison with other similar platforms in the market, this would and should be a natural choice for anyone wanting an accountability partner included to however one has designed your life. It manages to eliminate the fear of starting a business from scratch, and has a range of different metrics, features, scheduling , support and even scaling on an existing client if anyone decides to do so. This is certainly a platform I’d recommend to anyone whether be it a business or personal interest in improving their overall management of this particular area in life. Thank you!

CONS

To be honest, there are tons of areas that can be further improved. However, this has served well enough with its current functionality and like any experience with anything that works, it only works if you do. So far, I’m happy with the limited features of the app and nothing that concerning has become an area of dislike.