What are Virtuagym users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Virtuagym software through verified user reviews

3.7

• icon"Our studio loves the Community feature of this product to share information, updates, and ease of engagement with clients."
  • icon"The app is easy to use and understand.I really like the flexibility."
  • icon"I enjoyed the community board feature where updates can be posted in real time to the group/clients which promotes interaction. The app user friendly according to member feedback."
  • icon"Clients found it to be a bit wonky at times, and a little confusing to use at times."
  • icon"There are no public phone numbers. You cannot speak with anyone of management level or above to escalate any issues."
  • icon"Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square."

Browse all Virtuagym Reviews

• Have you used Virtuagym and would like to share your experience with others?

Jack

Customer and End User benefits

Pros

Better than every other system we have used when asking inexperienced or junior staff to pick it up and go with it. The user interface for customers is also much easier and better than others, we have had very positive feedback from our gym members. A good range of tools and options that can be set up and customised without having to dedicate additional resource to operate it. The community noticeboard feature has been vital to our customer-centric approach.

Cons

limited connectivity to big brand wearable tech. We were also unable to use it to manage our online sports hall bookings.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

More customer centric and the ability to interact with our members is a key feature that aligns with our values the best.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Jack, It is highly pleasant for us to know that our software is helping you to run your business in such a good way! We are continuously working on improving our product, and offering more integrations is already on our roadmap. As for online bookings, we can of course help you in setting this up through Virtuagym, so please feel welcome to reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com to better assist you with this! Team Virtuagym

Replied March 2021

Oliver

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

Pros

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Cons

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Oliver, Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it! We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future! If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email! - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Replied August 2018

Elizabeth

Nutrition App/Meal Plans

Overall my experience has been well! For the most part about 90% of my clients have been successful using the app. The other 10% really struggle since they are used to the easiness of MyFitness Pal's tracking features.

Pros

I only use the Calorie Counter app and meal plan software. I like that I can see all of my clients food logs, load foods into their meals plans, and customize their macros. It makes it easy to monitor my clients intake to ensure they are hitting their goals to lead to results. Being able to save meals is great, especially when I have clients who eat the same meals a lot, or if I want to save a quick meal for my clients to have access too. I also like how my clients can see the little icon (yellow) to let them know I personally input that food item or created a meal. Overall I have enjoyed using the software!

Cons

There needs to be a way to create a recipe. One like MyFitness Pal, where you load all of the bulk ingredients of the recipe, then attach the number of servings the entire recipe creates so you can log the single serving. It is too challenging for my clients to log food if there is a recipe involved because it is a VERY length process to create a meal based on serving size when it is cooked in bulk. I believe there also needs to be a feature to track the 3 macros in grams versus percentages. Clients have a better understanding when they know "I have to hit 150g of carbs" versus seeing 100% at the top once carbs are hit. In the app, when you click on the percentage circles it gives a large range of macros to fall within. This does not allow for accuracy to truly see fat loss or muscle gain. When it comes to grams of macros, there is a very small window (5g of Pro/Carbs and 2g Fat) to ensure calories are not way over or under. Right now the app can fluctuate 80g which is HUGE that is 320 calories plus or minus on both carbs and proteins , fats fluctuate close to 22g which could be a 198 calorie difference. If someone continually hit high on those macros they would never lose the fat they desired When people input foods, there seems to be a lot of confusion when attaching a portion, or just in general since it autofill's to Macros Based on 100g. I have seen many food items input completely wrong, this could really put someone in a bad position when logging .

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

I liked how it was a completely custom set up with a platform for my clients. I like being able to access each clients food diaries as well as have the option to load meals right into their app! It is extremely user friendly on a coaching stand point and I have had no problems navigating it. The price is also much more realistic for me since I am a super small business. There are some small speed bumps I run into, however, I have been good with overcoming them. I do still struggle getting some clients on board to be patient and take time to learn the software.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We are currently working on improving the nutrition app and your suggestions will be, of course, taken into consideration. Please feel free to contact us at support@virtuagym.com.

Replied January 2021

Jack

April 2022

Was a paying customer for 4 years and paid a premium price for their services.

Was a paying customer for 4 years and paid a premium price for their services. I ran into several problems throughout the whole experience, was constantly promised uodates to make it even better... Nothing every changed. They made no attempt to support small business throughtout the pandemic they just told you pay what you owe, regardless of the fact your business was completely closed. Then when i choose to leave they make you put it in writing 3 times that you are cancelling then continue to take money from your account! They are a disgusting company that can't even pick up the phone and i will never return to using their software again. Avoid and go with another company there is plenty of them!

Pros

The colour scheme, the salesman was very good at talkinh up a bad product.

Cons

App, Software layout, lack of commmunication, no working phone lines ever.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Jack, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are genuinely sorry to hear that our software did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure we provide a high-notch service, so it is indeed very sad to hear that your experience with us was not up to par. Unfortunately, we are not able to tell much about your case as your business information was not given in the review details, however, we would like to address this in the best possible way, so If you are open to discussing your experience further, please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com. Team Virtuagym

Replied May 2022

Theresa

February 2022

Great program especially for an affordable price

I do love the product! Being such a small gym it's nice that there is a company out there that is priced perfectly even for us small gyms. (less then 25 clients). Sometimes that's so hard to find.

Pros

The ease of adding clients, and being able to set up a schedule a year out, or once a week up to every day.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is I wish when a class/session was cancelled it would text a client, not just go to e-mail. Also I have trained clients under 18 years of age, I wish I could have 2 different e-mails on file. One for the parent and one for the actual client

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Price point for what I was getting. The price just kept going up and not getting anything more, that was worth the financial jump.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Theresa, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear you are pleased with our system. It truly means a lot to have our customers share their positive experiences with us! We are committed to improving our product and service, so we will definitely take your feedback into consideration when deciding which features to include in future releases. We appreciate your business and the confidence you have placed in us. Please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com if we can be of further assistance. Team Virtuagym

Replied May 2022

Valarie

Great for clients, not yet great for the business end

We were super excited when we found this software, and thought it could do everything we needed. But as we got into the set up and transferring from our old system it was honestly a bit of a let down. It is a better experience for our clients and that is why we are sticking with it but really hope to see some development on the back end side of it so it allows us to more easily run our business.

Pros

The customer side of this is great. Being able to adjust the app as we want and the ability to program for clients right in the app is awesome. We are getting great reviews from our clients.

Cons

The business side of things need some work. There are very simple functions that the system can not yet do like; limit sale of a membership, integrate scheduling types (appointments, classes, enrollments), adjust membership and invoice dates (after expiry, adjusting payment processing...), payroll report function. It makes it a lot harder on our end to manage our business.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

We THOUGHT it would do everything we needed and was some bonuses on the client side.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

We were not happy with the price increases of MB and the current functionality

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Valarie, Thank you for sharing your Virtuagym experience! We're glad to hear that our all in one solution has allowed your business to connect with your members while driving engagement and revenue. Also, your feedback is very relevant to us as we continue to strive to become the most complete and functional solution for our clients. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you need us by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll make sure to address all questions and keep in mind any suggestions you may have to improve the system overall. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family!

Replied July 2020

Alicia

Great for Online Trainers

Pros

Virtuagym makes creating, amending and scheduling workouts for my clients easy. It saves so much time. There is a great variety of exercises to choose from with instructions and descriptive video.

Cons

I would prefer there is an option to leave out the food app. This has been confusing for my clients as I deliver Meal Plans through a separate portal.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Alicia, Thank you for taking the time to share such valuable feedback with us! It is highly pleasing to know that you enjoy using our software, and the diversity of exercises we have designed to provide our customers with all possible options. As for the nutrition app, we are already planning to improve it and merge it with the rest of the features, so we will definitely take your comments into consideration and let you know if anything around this changes. Please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com if you need further assistance. Team Virtuagym

Susan

Slow Start

Client engagement is active with use of the platform.

Pros

Our studio loves the Community feature of this product to share information, updates, and ease of engagement with clients. Ease of scheduling classes and other functions increases the more you use the platform. The use of groups for specific modalities and increased engagement with instructors is another plus. The mobile app and additional Nutrition App through the PRO feature is also a great feature to pair fitness and nutrition.

Cons

The financial set-up was a nightmare at the start as we were not able to use US payment systems. The turn around time from PaySafe was not at all conducive to good business practices. This seems to have been recently rectified with the addition of other payment options.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

not sure as I was not involved in the product selection.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Split with business partner and needed to have a separate and unique platform ASAP.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Susan, Thank you very much for your review! It is quite exciting to hear that our services have become an ally when it comes to helping your business not only meeting but also exceeding expectations in regards to client engagement. We value your comments about the areas of opportunity you've shared as these allow us to better assess our priorities and improve while continuously building a completely functional solution for every single one of our clients! Feel free to contact us at any time by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll be there to effectively answer all questions and address any requests you may have. All the best, Your Virtuagym family!

Replied July 2020

Jessica

False Claims

Don't waste your time or your money. I now have to take the time to find a new product AND convert my clients to a new system. This is not ideal at all! I am very frustrated. I've only been using virtuagym for 4 going on 5 months. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

I like the idea of the software. In theory it was everything I wanted. Scheduling and interactive calendar for myself and staff. Nutrition coaching at our fingertips. Progress tracking and club goals/community aspects. Billing and business management tools. Everything sounded great!

Cons

I may need more space: 1. It is not real-time scheduling. You cannot adjust your schedule, plan or delete anything if you are not on the web browser version. As a personal trainer I need the ease and convenience of using my phone to schedule at any given time. 2. The nutrition database is atrocious. Clients and staff are both complaining about the incorrect numbers, portions, nutritional details, etc. It is way too tedious to find the right product and measurements and half the time I am just finding something "close enough." 2b. Meal plans do not save entirely once you construct them. Once you click save, some or all of the items you populated onto the plan will be deleted and you'll have to start from scratch. Waste of time! 3. No progress pics can be added from the app 4. When you want to add a video of an exercise you must link it to your YouTube unlike Trainerize who let's you upload directly from your laptop/phone 5. New members have the HARDEST time getting setup 6. I paid for the customized app and all of my clients have a "virtuagym" app. 7. When I complained about the needed features not being accessible, they gave me a completely pointless feature that I cannot use. All in all, I thought I was getting more with Virtuagym than I had with trainerize but I think I will just go back to Trainerize. I would not recommend this product to anyone who takes pride in their coaching.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

Virtuagym advertised more of my desired features but failed to deliver.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Thought I would be getting more with virtuagym.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We are very sorry to hear that our product did not fulfill your needs as presented during the sales process. We would definitely like to discuss your experience further for us to have a better understanding of the reasons for the inconveniences you described and find a resolution, therefore, it would mean a lot if you can reach out to us personally at support@virtuagym.com, as we were unable to find your account in our system with the information given in the review details. Again, we appreciate your time in reviewing Virtuagym.

Rita

Not Worth the Hassle

Not that great, since the person who told me about the software told me that I had to only give a month's notice for my license to be cancelled, but I am told I have to give a YEAR's notice. I'd also rate the customer service a 2.5 at best, as they like to blame you, the customer, for any issues.

Pros

Ease of putting in client info, though I did not like that everyone was automatically a male. Very strange.

Cons

If you have clients who have expirations for packages, the software does not keep track of it as users book classes, nor does it keep track of the number of credits left as clients use them. You are only aware when there is none left. There is a pop up that pops up each and every time you log on, even if you click on "no thanks" for the notifications.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Mindbody increased their pricing, and I could not afford to keep it. I desperately wish I could.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Rita, Thank you for your review. I do think that there was some misunderstanding so I hope we can help to clarify. You had originally purchased the system back in 2018 and used it fully and frequently for 2.5 years without any complaints. So it seems that you were pretty satisfied with the system overall. Data on packages is available in the Business Analytics section of your portal. When you purchase the system, there are 3 separate instances where the 12 months agreement is discussed, we never conceal our T&C. So much so that your agreement is available to you any time in your portal. The 1 month cancellation notice is part of that agreement. 30 days prior to the end of the 12 months cycle, you can give notice that you do not wish to renew. Respecting your long relationship with Virtuagym, we even went as far as waive the entire remaining 6 months on your license in favor of a smaller payout of 3 months. Sadly instead you threatened us with bad reviews :( All the best!

Replied May 2021

Nancy

Virtuagym for the solo business owner

They have been really receptive. When their rates did go up - I thought here we go again - and I would be switching software but we found a solution.

Pros

I run boutique private training studio, as well run group classes at another facility. Because I am a sole operator, in my research many of these services can be too expensive as they are geared for gyms and bigger studios. Virtuagym worked with me to design a package that met my needs and I really appreciate that.

Cons

The report system is geared towards gyms and recruiting new members. I have had the same members for years so would love to see reports broken down by product sold each month vs new members.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Mind body increased their rates substantially, which really impacts the small business owner. The only option I had with Mindbody was to cut out features of the package I was using to lower my overall cost, which meant I would have no monthly reports or be able to track group classes and token usage which was integral for me.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Nancy, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our services! We're thrilled to hear that you found an all in one solution for your business to drive results and success while keeping it affordable. Your comments are very valuable to us, which is why we'd like to encourage you to continue providing us with feedback and ideas for us to improve the system every time we can! You can email us at support@virtuagym.com with suggestions such as the one you mentioned about reports and we'll be glad to embrace your petitions. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family!

tim

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

THE MOST AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FITNESS MANAGEMENT PLATFORM EVER.

TERRIBLE. TOP TO BOTTOM.

Pros

AWFUL ACROSS THE BOARD. TOTAL RIP OFF. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. CONSTANT PROBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE. RUN. MINDBODY IS 1000X BETTER. SO GLAD WE SWITCHED BACK TO MINDBODY.

Cons

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. INADEQUATE APP. USER EXPERIENCE WAS AWFUL AND CONFUSING. WAY OVERPRICED.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

WE COULD LEAVE VIRTUAGYM FAST ENOUGH. THE MOST AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. LIMITED HOURS, THE APP CRASHED SEVERAL TIMES. NOBODY WOULD GET BACK TO US TO HELP US. WE LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DURING THE CRASHES.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

OVER-PROMISED SALES PITCH B Y VIRTUAGYM. TURNED OUT TO BE THE WORST DECISION OF OUR FITNESS FACILITIES LIFE. WE SWITCHED BACK TO MINDBODY.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Tim, Your feedback is very much appreciated, It is indeed very sad to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We've been performing constant improvements to the system itself and the options available that it's a little bit strange to read it did not work for you at all. Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, obstacles will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly, at times it can take longer than desired to solve those. Finally, we've also added several qualified and expert people to both our development team and support for the client's consulting, in an attempt to continue improving our times for solution delivery. We'll definitely look up your account records as I mentioned before, to make sure all areas of opportunity can be accordingly addressed. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with. Sincerely, The Virtuagym Team.

Allie

Great tool for Personal Trainers

I’ve had a great experience between the Programming and the customer service.

Pros

The ability to create workouts with avatars for clients.

Cons

Schedule integration is a little confusing between the scheduler and Appointment Schedule. It would be a lot easier to manage if they communicated or were combined.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

MINDBODY did not have the ability to create workouts with avatars and focused more on classes than individual clients from what I saw.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Allie, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to know that you have used the Coach module in such a good way. Lastly, merging the schedule and the appointment schedule is already part of our roadmap, so we will notify you, and the rest of our clients when this has been implemented. Please feel free to contact us at support@virtuagym.com if you need assistance. Team Virtuagym

Jessica

December 2021

I love this product for my fitness studio!

I really appreciated the thorough training across multiple weeks on setting up the software to align with my brand & how to use it the way that best fits my needs as a small town fitness studio. The customer has been fabulous if I ever need to reach out, and my customers seem to enjoy the app experience. It’s great to have a community area that’s away from social media for them, plus they can track their progress & receive extra coaching from me there. It’s been a crucial part of my operation of a small, class-based boutique fitness studio over the last year!

Pros

I like that I have a custom app for my members to book the classes we schedule, and that it handles all of the transactions for memberships, goods, & services digitally. I don’t have a cash register in my fitness studio, and everyone can use this app.

Cons

My biggest struggles with the software are mainly due to tech issues to fully utilize the software AND represent all that I want to in the app, which are probably more due to user error.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

The quick & helpful response to trying out the software + the customization options won me over.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a valuable review. We work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know that our efforts have been paying off. As for the difficulties you have had, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com for assistance and we will be glad to help! Team Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Easy to use platform for mobile app creation

From the initial call to launch of the app everyone was very responsive. Any and all questions were quickly handled.

Pros

The ease of which schedules for group classes can be designed and offered sold me on this product. There are other options out there but VirtuaGym hits it out of the park. You get what you pay for and this is a top notch product and company.

Cons

Integration of some health tracking software is difficult to navigate such as linking MyZone but it can be worked-around.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Michael, Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight. It is very exciting to read that you have enjoyed your experience with our system, especially, the Schedule module. Our staff is continuously going above and beyond to improve the system and the services we offer, so we will definitely take your feedback into consideration when implementing new integrations. Let us remind you to email us at support@virtuagym.com if you have further ideas or if you need assistance from our support team. Team Virtuagym

Dan

Happy with our service

It has been very beneficial to every day use. From setting up new membership to taking payments

Pros

Was easy to set up with the one on one help going over all features and way to use them. It make our book keeping easy and membership and payment management is awesome.

Cons

Tech support not available 24/7 if there is a problem can take days to fix. One of the features my members like most was when they scanned in at gym door it greeted them by name and told them how many credits they had left. One day it just stopped showing and after many phone calls still not back up.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

After spending days and walk throughs with several different companies Virtuagym stood out.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Had to track membership in to many places and separate place for door system and separate for payments

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Dan, Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with Virtuagym, and your feedback will be, of course, taken into consideration. As for the issue you mentioned you have been experiencing with the check-in system, please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com so we can look further into this and help you find a resolution! Team Virtuagym

Jason

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Customer Service Is Below Par

Average at best

Pros

Scheduling and Club Management is decent

Cons

NO Zapier integration. Customer service is terrible

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

Was told features would integrate with the system with help of customer service. Customer service offers little to no help to resolve issue.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Jason, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry our service has not met your expectations. Our company values customer satisfaction as a top priority and we are dedicated to providing exceptional service so it is very sad to hear that your experience with us was not up to par. If you are open to discuss your experience further, please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com and we will be glad to find a resolution. Team Virtuagym

Eduardo

Good and Bad

The part that we really liked was the coach module. That's why we will keep our business partnership. I don't trust in the other parts, honestly, I don't recommend for a gym or studio.

Pros

Coach Module (just the program part), I would say that customer centre a few times did a good job.

Cons

Finances, Schedule, Clint's Session Control (this part was horrible), Analytics never worked.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Because our business is growing and I need a system that help me, I moved most of the tasks to a manual control, doing on spread sheets the work that I paid for Virtuagym to manage. I should had switched before.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Eduardo, Thank you for sharing this with us. We are very happy to hear you are pleased with our coaching module. Nevertheless, our team is continuously working on improving our product, and this is why we will be glad to learn more about your experience with the schedule and the financial portion of the system. If you agree, please email us at support@virtuagym.com to discuss this matter further. Team Virtuagym

Dylan

Virtuagym for Upstart Fitness Companies

Helps me stay efficient with business operations, helps build brand, adds value to member experience.

Pros

Software is easy to use, adds value to your brand, and is organized for efficiency.

Cons

I don't know that I have a significant grievance with any part of the software.

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

Virtuagym seemed to be the best overall fit for me, others have functionality I would like to see VG incorporate in the future but not enough to outweigh total product.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Dylan, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We are happy to hear that our product is exactly what you were looking for. Please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com if we can be of further assistance. Team Virtuagym

Replied March 2021

Amieris

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Thankful for this App!

Overall, our organization is happy with our choice to move to virtuagym. There are some features that we want to see the app develop into, but it offers a benefit to our internal team and clients.

Pros

-The new business analytics feature is going to a wonderful asset to our team -Setting up the app was clear- we had a lot of support from the team -We are able to manage various calendars and systems -The system is very user friendly -There are clear ways to customize the experience -customer service is pretty responsive to the needs of our organization

Cons

-We currently use Daxko billing software and the two systems do not naturally integrate. So our membership data doesn't track into Virtuagym -Programs aren't as customizable as we would like. Individuals have to have their own distinct log in and app in order to sign up for classes- it makes it difficult for doing open community events, or for parents/guardians to sign up their minor child to a class. (i.e people should be able to sign up for more than one slot. -The notifications/move reminders sent to clients-want to have that turned off -We had to work to have weight removed from the first questions that app asked -Overall, we want to have a more "holistic wellness" approach and this app is very normative in its approach to health.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Neither of the product we were using were user friendly, or easy to manage on the back end. The apps weren't customizable and didn't provide any analytics.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Amieris, We are delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. It is exciting to know that our system has met your expectations! we work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a very high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know our efforts have been paying off. As for the integration with Daxko, this is not currently part of our system but we will, of course, take your feedback into consideration for future planning. Let us remind you to share any further questions and ideas by emailing us at support@virtuagym.com. Team Virtuagym

Itzak

Perfect for branding my martial arts brand!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were my main points of contact during the onboarding, and the experience was great! Onboarding was about 3 months long, giving me time to work with the app, have my questions lined up and pretty much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to answer almost everything, and if there wasn't a clear answer, he made sure to find someone who did know and follow up. After every webcam meeting I was sent recordings of the meeting that I still refer to, along with a summary of everything we talked about. Very down to earth, easy-going and made the onboarding experience not so painful. We were able to flesh out everything, from the design of my website to incorporate Virtuagym's webshop of my memberships, to setting up payments, to helping me setup my merchant accounts correctly. With [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he made the app-making process very easy. Granted, I already had a iOS developer license since I already had 1 app on the market, so that took less time to finish compared to people who might need more attention on how to do that. Other than that he made sure my branded app was looking just the way I wanted and answered all my questions incredibly fast. So far I'm very impressed with how the company handled the onboarding and the design of their software. It has its hiccups but nothing too big or dramatic to make me think less of their software.

Pros

-If you're looking to stick out against the competition, having your own branded app is a MUST. I feel like this company really understands that, with the private trainer sector being highly over-saturated with exercise enthusiasts trying to find a way to stand out. Everyone lives on their phones, so only makes sense to push towards that. I've had the idea for the longest time to get my martial arts brand off the ground and teach through an app, and Virtuagym's setup was pretty impressive. -With the app design, there's a section on my web portal dedicated to just that, from design interface, to what I want to offer, to the schedule and more. By the time my app was ready to go live, all they had to do was refer to my app design section to upload everything. I didn't have to do any app coding whatsoever, so that saved hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in app developer costs. -The scheduling software is pretty top notch. I'm able to list all my classes and connect it to a calendar on my website that's always live. -The Pro version of my app gives my clients an additional app, the Foods app, where they can keep track of their nutrition, calories and macros. Pretty much gives my clients 2-apps-in-one. -The Support Team has been very responsive to me. They get back to me pretty fast. The onboarding team were awesome and really helped me complete all the things I wanted to offer through my training. -The Coaching design of the software is great!

Cons

-I wish the videos could be connected through different providers. Right now, the app uses YouTube to connect all my exercises to my videos in the app. It'd be nice to offer different means, like Vimeo. YouTube has restrictions to videos, like only being able to load 16 videos per day and sometimes loads slow. -Clients are unable to listen to their music at the same time as watching any of my videos. However, the support team is aware of this hiccup and is looking into it. -One option that I really liked about the previous software I used (Zen Planner) was the ability to list ranks and creating conditions of when they'd be ready to test for a promotion. However, I also understand Virtuagym's focus is sports and exercise, not exclusively to martial arts, so it makes sense that it wouldn't offer this. -The check-in desk software could use some work. Right now it's only Windows-based, so that cuts out other people like myself that use a Mac. Easiest thing they could do would be having an easier check-in process on the dashboard that I could open up on a web browser on my iPad, with pictures of my clients that they would tap to check in. Maybe the check-in software on Windows is great, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

I was very limited to Zen Planner as it's main use is for brick-and-mortar type businesses. They tried to implement ways to teach distance classes by partnering up with different studios, but in the end the software wasn't offering what I was looking for, which was a way to market my brand and teach through an app.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Itzak, Thank you kindly for your detailed review. We greatly value our clients' insights on what they enjoyed the most as well as the areas of opportunity. It has been a pleasure onboarding you into our system and we look forward to seeing your brand grow exponentially with this awesome tool at your disposal. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with. With warm regards, Anna Howard CS Manager

Replied May 2021

Gregg

COULD BE AWESOME BUT IT NOT

Lack honesty and integrity: they have been dishonest on a number of occassions adn never admit that they are lying to you. They promised us a payment provider other than PayPal in 2016, and we are still waiting. They dont seem to care that much for clients outside of The Netherlands. Very poor support: take too long to return communications, many customers IOS APP's have not been updated since 2018 when they claimed to have notified us all about a change in Apple App store policy and even after two years of apps not being updated they belived it was not their responsibility to assist their customers. During COVID closure they continued to charge full price and even took extra payments out of our account while we were closed and had no income.

Pros

WORKOUT BUILDER Extensive exericse library and custom exercises (including videos) are easy to add. MOBILE APPS There are Andriod and IOS App for customers and a Coaching App for coaches to use. They are good when they work. MANY FEATURES They provide features for Club management, and for coaches and customers. Have not found another software company that address all three well.

Cons

EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Im a small owner operator and they charge me $300AUD a month. BUGS GALORE .It often has bugs and therefore doesnt work efficiently. IOS MOBILE APP - Has not been updated since 2018 and it has taken me over 2 months to get them to do it.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

At the time they had a much better quality product back in 2016.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Gregg, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find our workouts and coaching module easy to use along with the features we provide for club management. Your feedback is deeply appreciated, although we work very hard day by day trying to provide our clients with the top-notch service they deserve, there will be times in which technology will have us facing certain obstacles. The areas of opportunity you've mentioned will allow us to continue assessing our priorities with a better focus as we move along into a path of success. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you feel like it by emailing us at support@virtguagym.com we'll be ready to help! All the best. Virtuagym,

Alexander

What you see is what you get

Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

Pros

Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

Cons

Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

Reasons for choosing Virtuagym

Fitmanager and Everfit (same company) charge you for each location you open. This might be good for a gym but it cannot apply to a bootcamp outdoors. You just have small groups of people here and there. They were not flexible enough to allow for this and the costs would have been too high.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Very expensive, very limited for a basic packet, not optimised for Europe (irrespective of what they like to claim)

Response from Virtuagym

Dear, Alexander Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve! We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth. Once again, your review is highly appreciated! Sending you all the best, Your Virtuagym Family.

Replied April 2020

Kayla

Great App, horrible customer service

I rate is a 5/5 for the App and a 1/5 for customer service.

Pros

I wish I could rate this App 5 stars for everything as it has been an asset to my business. I use it every single day to run my online business, the app itself is very user-friendly for my clients and easy to use on the back end. It has many great features that make creating and following workouts very easy.

Cons

If you are looking or in need of good customer service, this app isn't for you. They have failed me many times in the customer service department. Slow to respond, sometimes days when I need assistance urgently. My app was down for a month and a half earlier this year, what should have been my best month of the year ended up being my worst of all time. They have a great product, just need to put a lot of work into their customer service.

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Kayla Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that our app has become such an asset for the development of your business and that your clients find our many available features easy to use. The situation you had mentioned about your app being down, did you mean that your entire app was actually down, or were you referring to the issue we had experienced with custom workouts not playing? As the only record of the issue that we have is with the workouts and that was due to YouTube changing their license agreement and unfortunately, that affected any business that relies on YouTube to share their videos. We would love to hear more about your experience so we can continue to improve the service we provide to all of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and use the code JA18615 in the subject line. Your feedback is very valuable and welcomed! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family."

Replied April 2020

Ryan

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour. Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits. The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client. The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team. Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app! *****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Ryan, thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs. As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets. All best, Alkistis

Replied February 2017