What are CleanMyMac X users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using CleanMyMac X software through verified user reviews

• icon"It has steadily improved over the years and is without a doubt the best program of its kind out there for Mac products."
  • icon"My trust level is very high in CMMX. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what's crept onto my drive; this program keeps it clean, healthy and protected."
  • icon"CleanMyMacX and previous versions are a simple and effective way of removing junk and freeing up RAM without having to instal upgrades."
  • icon"As a matter of principle, I abhor subscription models."
  • icon"The pop up reminders are annoying, but I should just turn them off."
  • icon"I feel this product is not well known enough by Mac users in particular."

Browse all CleanMyMac X Reviews

• Have you used CleanMyMac X and would like to share your experience with others?

The Best Whole-System Cleaner on the Market for Mac

The Best Whole-System Cleaner on the Market for Mac

My overall experience with Clean My Mac is that it does everything I need. It cleans up my RAM, clears out storage, protects my Mac from MalWare, updates my Mac with each new OS, helps clean up my e-mail, and everything in between.

Pros

What I like best about Clean My Mac X is its ability to keep my Mac running fast and safely each and every day. From clearing up RAM for fast work, to protecting my Mac from Malware, to updating my Mac, to cleaning up storage, Clean My Mac keeps my Mac at it's tip top shape.

Cons

What I like least about Clean My Mac is that it is not easy to contact customer support.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

Clean My Mac offered a more whole-house, extensive service.

Ravikiran

A Must have for Mac users

Pros

Something must have for mac users. Does the similar job as CC cleaner for Windows.

Cons

RAM utilization tracker feature looks not accurate

Mike

A great way to keep your machine in optimum condition

Pros

I use my mac every day - and couldn't work without it. CmM is easy to install and simple to use. Just a couple of clicks once a week and the app does it stuff, cleaning out all the trash cans, freeing up valuable space on my hard drive, checking for malware and basically keeping my machine running like new.

Cons

It's hard to think of anything the app doesn't do that I would need. Regular updates seem to keep it fresh and it's never let me down.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

For a more robust, more reliable, more capable product with a better reputation.

Robert

Industry: Law Practice

I quit

Impossible or extremely time consuming to move to the Bug Sur Mac.

Pros

While I kept an older Mac operating, it worked fine. But I migrated to iMac 2021 silicon chip and getting it set up was such a pain, I quit trying.

Cons

could not migrate to my new computer. Bye bye.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

I don't anymore. I am quitting your program.

Steve

Keep you Mac updated and clean threats

I usually run the program daily to check for updates and remove unwanted applications and weekly to perform deep scans, clear caches/bins/etc and run maintenance scripts.

Pros

It allows you to update software, remove old and unused files and programs, clean caches, speeds mail and checks for infections and other malware.

Cons

Sometimes to offers program updates that have already been updated

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

I used to use other products that were discontinued and then tried CleanMyMacX and kept using it

Danielle

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Light and breezy

I use a combo of this and Gemini II to keep my Mac running in tip-top performance. CleamMyMac is often used for hard disk space retrieval on the go, malware detection in real-time and speed optimisation. I utilise the RAM freeing-up tool daily and that allows me to just keep the Mac running virtually all the time between macOS updates. Well, mainly that and a few other apps like amphetamine.

Pros

It sits in an inconspicuous place and just does its thang. I hardly notice until I think "oh wait, I want to clear some memory" and go ahead and click its menubar icon and jolly well do so. From this quick access point, there are other processes that are vital and on hand like freeing up hard-disk space and seeing what other resources are being used. It has never failed. It has so much more to it when I open the dashboard and start flicking through the options that I could spend all day fine-tuning and sometimes I have spent quite a long time getting even more space back and clearing apps that are redundant.

Cons

I have not one quibble. Its overhead seems tiny, I hardly notice it is there and yet when I need its full suite of tools they are immediately on hand.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

No malware protection for a start and nothing much would ever beat that CleanMyMac X interface - stunning visually, very impressive; it does justice to my Mac.

Industry: Graphic Design

Want a happy Mac? Use CleanMyMac.

CleanMyMac X has become part of my regular computer maintenance. Not because I'm having issues, but because I don't want to have any issues. I set up a monthly reminder to make sure I run it and I'm always surprised but what it finds and fixes. I can't imagine having a Mac without CleanMyMac X.

Pros

I first purchased CleanMyMac at the recommendation of a colleague when I was having issues with my computer not going to sleep. Not only did CleanMyMac fix that issue, but it also fixed several other issues I wasn't even aware of. It also optimized my computer making it run much faster. The interface is very clean and user-friendly making the software very easy to use, even for people who don't know much about computers.

Cons

For some reason, CleanMyMac kept starting up in trial mode. I had to enter my registration info several times before it finally stuck.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

I belong to several graphic/web design communities and asked for advice on the computer issue I was having. CleanMyMac was the most recommended tool. It was also mentioned as a great tool in several troubleshooting articles I read. With all the praise, I decided to give it a try and don't regret it.

William

Industry: Publishing

Great Software for Mac

Pros

I use the software regularly to check for viruses and malware. I also use it to reset memory on my Mac. I like the way that it lets me know if memory is running low. It has also helped me see which applications use more memory. I have used the software several times to successfully uninstall software I no longer use. When I changed to a new computer, it was very easy to switch the registration.

Cons

No issues with the software. I replaced Norton with it and saw none of the disadvantages.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

Norton slowed down my computer, wasn't easy to use on the Mac and actually was quite intrusive, let alone expensive.

Alan

Industry: Chemicals

CleanMyMac is the best software for MAC

Pros

CleanMyMac is easy to use. I run it weekly to keep my MacBook clean and running at its maximum capability. I have use many of the other brands on the market but nothing compares to CleanMyMac. It is easy to install. I love it.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it. It has everything I need to keep my MAC running efficiently.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac does not slow down the operating system. The other softwares hog processor power.

Gary

Enhances my MAC experience

I can't imagine using my Mac without it.

Pros

Simply excellent set of resources. Keeps my MAC fighting fit, fast, run maintenance tasks, delete files and anD other useful functions.

Cons

I am wary of the auto scan because I heard some horror stories.

December 2021

Helps keep my Mac speedy!

Clean My Mac X gives me peace of mind that my Mac is running well. I've found it easy to install and easy to use. The dashboard is intuitive and prompts you to check things and run tasks.

Pros

I like the recommendations that I get to improve my Mac's efficiency. Without prompting it's easy for my Mac to start getting cluttered and begin to run more slowly without me noticing. Clean My Mac X helps me keep on top of daily management tasks to keep my Mac running safely.

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software.

Helped me clear a lot of storage

CleanMyMac X cleared out a TON of space on my old Mac Laptop. I thought I needed a new laptop, but CleanMyMac X bought me a couple more years with it. I use it about once a month to clean it up and check security. It's so easy to use and effective. When I originally purchased a year's subscription I thought I would use it once for a big clean-up job and then not renew, but I found I used it all year long and wanted to continue with it so I have renewed for another year.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and straightforward. I like the visuals of it. It gives me little pop ups when I should use it, but the pop ups are not aggressive or annoying at all.

Cons

It's a little bit more pricey than I usually want to spend on maintenance products.

Industry: Writing and Editing

It's like brushing your teeth: Clean your Mac every day!

MacPaw was most helpful when I transitioned my old laptop to a new M1 chipped unit. Great customer support. Overall the product itself is the best single-point computer management tool I've come across. My computer produces revenue. Anything that saves time contributes to profit, and CleanMyMacX has been an efficient support tool.

Pros

Clean My MacX (and previous versions) is my go-to safety net. Easy to install and use, and easy on the budget. The dashboard give me a quick look at system status, and an easy path to opening the program. I'm a free-lance Technical Writer. My wife is an editor. We're constantly handling client documents which sometimes challenge available DRAM. Clean My Mac is a trusted resource that we run at least once a day in each of our machines. It's the fastest way I've found to clear allocated RAM and make room for more complex applications. The addition of a realtime malware monitor really made this a single-vendor solution for us.

Cons

As part of my work, I'm forever picking apart technical specifications for publication. I haven't found any shortcomings in the product, whatever.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

Actually, Malware Bytes was put in service before MacPaw upgraded to CleanMyMacX, and incorporated the realtime malware monitor. Bytes doesn't provide the needed computer oversight/management function, and seems redundant at this point.

Quaetapo

An essential product for any Mac users

I've used CleanMyMac for nearly a decade and wouldn't have a system without it. Always efficient, regular updates and a fun user experience – for such a dry area – make it my most valuable system tool. Not only does it help in my day-to-day productivity, it gives me confidence when I'm upgrading the OS and it has without fail extended the life of my laptop by 3-4 years. Over the last decade I've had 3 MacBook Pros and have only had to upgrade to take advantage of new technology. Throughout their life, CleanMyMac helped ensure their performance was excellent and things run smoothly.

Pros

This tool comes with so many great features and the user interface and menu bar dashboard make using it a breeze. To quickly free up RAM, run a system maintenance, check for malware, uninstall applications or see which files are taking up too much room, it's all there.

Cons

They've tried to extend the features to be a little too good. There iPhone storage feature is a waste of time, so I disabled it in preferences.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

I migrated from Windows PC to MacBook and needed the confidence of having a system utility which System Mechanic provided. After researching and looking at the options, CleanMyMac was the clear choice.

Dave

Industry: Security and Investigations

A must have piece of software for any Mac user.

Generally, I would not be without CleanMyMac. Although, to make it even better it would be good to have an anti-virus element, especially as there is a malware remover. The overall look of CleanMyMac is really good and gives you confidence that under the hood things are done well.

Pros

The main features are so valuable. Firstly the way CleanMyMac claims more space is my primary use, but cleaning the memory and daily routines are as impressive, and it is all in one application. The Malware removal is an added bonus.

Cons

The inspection of large files is a little disappointing and could be better. Yes, it shows you the larger files on your system, but I am guessing most users would have a good idea what and where they are and would deal with them accordingly. It could be better by giving more details about the file, and where there are duplicates even more details about the files would be so much more helpful.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

The range of utilities and maintenance elements, was the attraction, and of course the feature to free up space.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

Moving from a PC to a Mac gave me the opportunity to look at different software and different utilities.

Nancy

Industry: Writing and Editing

Worth every penny!

Pros

I've used CleanMyMac for years on both of my computers as well as others in our household. It has steadily improved over the years and is without a doubt the best program of its kind out there for Mac products. The ease of use is greatly appreciated though I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how aesthetically pleasing it is! Updates and improvements are automatic and always important. Great product!

Cons

In truth, I don't have any complaints. I used to use two other cleaners along with CleanMyMac to cover all functions but that is no longer necessary.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac is infinitely more thorough, user friendly and designed with a Mac aesthetic which may not matter to everyone but it makes me feel that this was designed exclusively for my MacBook Air and iMac.

Flawless and Easy protection of your Mac!

Like most software for a mac: it just works. You can set it and forget it and it will let you know about updates, remind you to clean your Mac, and more.

Pros

It has an intuitive design that makes using it a delight. It's easy to find what you need to do, the reminders are super helpful and not intrusive, and it makes staying on top of your software updates a snap!

Cons

In all fairness, there isn't much not to like. It has a small footprint, runs from the taskbar, and is pleasing on the eyes.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

The price and the ease of use.

Neil

Clean My Mac

It just gives me confidence that my computers are working optimally and are also kept free from malware.

Pros

I use the software to regularly clean my iMac and MacBook pro. Since I first started using CleanMy Mac, at iteration 3, I have kept both machines at optimum performance. Version X now has many extra useful features including the RAM cleaning, the software updater and uninstalling is now so simple. I like most its ease of use and clear operator interface - no special skills needed to do some complicated tasks.

Cons

I cannot use it on my iPads or iPhones although I am assured it is coming. Gemini II can also be a bit intrusive.

Mitchel

A Must Have

clean user interface excellent product

Pros

After years of trying to keep our work stations up to speed, this product solved all our issues. Installed on every employee and also personal units.

Cons

some features are unclear when or why to run

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

this was best rated and recommended by a friend

better quality

Krishna

Industry: Maritime

An amazing, must have product for your Mac

About two years ago , I suddenly started experiencing a number of issues with my Mac. It had slowed down considerably and it showed that I had completely run out of space on my HD ; a problem which would not go away even after I transferred virtually everything I had on my Mac. I tried every suggestion available on the net without any result. I was frustrated and vexed when I stumbled across CleanMyMac. Read some reviews and got myself the software . The results were absolutely amazing. Trust me , my machine was functioning as good as new after the first run. Very impressive. Ever since, I have run the software once a week and I am prompted to do so even if I forget. My daughter had similar issues, a year ago ( mainly with her Mac slowing down) and demanded a new machine. Gifted her a subscription to CleanMyMac and saved myself a lot of money. Value for money. Highly recommended.

Pros

Keeps my system clean, helps removes malware and bugs , removes junk that is taking up valuable hard disk space and improves machine speed.

Cons

None that I can think of particularly except perhaps that it does not integrate with other software.

Tim

Save Time and Money

This program saves me time and money and reminds me with out being intrusive to run a cleaning/scanning cycle.

Pros

I like that it not only keeps your Mac clean it also looks for viruses and spam ware. No need to purchase two different programs, this one does both.

Cons

I wish they was an option for unlimited licenses for multiple machines at a lower price.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

Good value for the services the program offers.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

Cost savings, and Clean my mac does not slow down my computer like Norton did.

Alan

Mac Home Use

CleanMy Mac gives peace of mind on the protection aspect and the freeing up of RAM.

Pros

As my iMac has aged over the years, the usage of RAM required has jumped for reasons unknown, with regular prompts that its 16GB is running out of space. CleanMyMacX and previous versions are a simple and effective way of removing junk and freeing up RAM without having to instal upgrades.

Cons

I have no quibbles with the software and no improvements to suggest.

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

A seamless upgrade from the previous versions. Reputation is hard won, but once achieved it is a sparkling marketing tool.

Scott

CEO

LOVE IT - TRUST IT! It's the first program I add when I upgrade equipment, and the last program I'd ever do without. Brilliant product!

Pros

Cons

It's got everything I can think of, and it keeps getting better!

Reasons for choosing CleanMyMac X

1. Features. 2. Reviews. 3. Price. 4. Intuition - from everything I considered, my gut told me this was the right decision. And it was!

Allan

Maintain and avoid pain

Pros

I welcome the peace of mind I get from this software - it is watching for uninvited viruses, cleaning out useless files and ensuring my MacBook Air is running at peak performance.

Cons

I have not yet found the software wanting. Perhaps a disk map showing file allocation after clean-up would be appreciated.

Reasons for switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac is more comprehensive and was recommended to me.

CleanMyMac X