What are Commusoft users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Commusoft software through verified user reviews

• icon"Estimating/invoicing great too. Also great integration with accounting software."
  • icon"This software is excellent for helping me with my day to day running of my business."
  • icon"Product is easy to use and easy to access. Keeps information up-to-date."
  • icon"Issues do prop up on a weekly basis which are annoying as you have to send screenshots."
  • icon"When I made a stupid mistake there was no way of reversing it also because it was out of hours I had no back up to help."
  • icon"We have syncing problems where multiple users are accessing the same details somethime."

Browse all Commusoft Reviews

• Have you used Commusoft and would like to share your experience with others?

Phil

Reliable, advanced, bespoke software that I genuinely couldn't run my business without.

Pros

Apart for the ability to seamlessly control every aspect of my business, from the initial customer inquiry all the through to invoicing, it's the customer support and wide range of industry-specific knowledge which the Commusoft team delivers that sets them apart from the competition. I really don't know how I managed before using Commusoft. Commusoft is constantly evolving and updating. Whenever I think of a function I would like to see available it's usually already been thought of and in the process of happening.

Harry

Review from a plumbing company

Excellent, Once it’s all set up which does take a little time it makes us so efficient.

Pros

Love this software, we upgraded to commusoft from cheaper alternatives and will stick with commusoft. All engineers love the app, Far easier for everyone to use. Can store photos/videos/certificates on each job. Estimating/invoicing great too. Also great integration with accounting software

Cons

Only thing I would love is a refresh button on the app, as there can be a slight lag sometimes.

Reasons for switching to Commusoft

Needed a few more of the things commusoft could offer.

Commusoft review

We really like it. We couldn't be without it now.

Pros

We have been using Commusoft (paperless plan) for over 4 years now and we could not work without it I like the fact that it can easily scale with our business and the ongoing feature releases and development shows how much is reinvested into making it great, and they're all included!

Cons

Not a downside but feature updates are quite frequent and sometimes it's difficult to keep on top of the new releases..Set aside a couple of hours a month to review what's the new features are have and how they can improve yours and the customers experience. Like sharpening the saw really.

Reasons for choosing Commusoft

Other products looked cheaper on the surface but charged extra for every extra module and integration so they worked out a lot more after the bolt ons

Reasons for switching to Commusoft

At the time we were struggling to get support..

Martin

Experience with commusoft

When you first start you should be given more one to one help, then mistakes wouldn't happen. Bit disappointed with the diary and other features, cant understand why I've not been set up on the new system yet which looks a lot better. Seem to be having lots of problems with the two systems together quick books and commusoft.

Pros

Customer data base, quick to find out what you have done at a property,

Cons

need more training on how to use the software, now ive been using it a while, I'm sure there is plenty of bits I'm not using that I could be using

Response from Commusoft

Hi Martin, we appreciate users have different roles/skills within a business, so we provide users access to our knowledge base which contains videos/guides about how to use the system. We have training programmes for 1-2-1 training, walking clients through the system and provide consultation on how to adhere to best practises when using the system. Let me know if you want more details. I've checked with the technical team regarding QB and cannot see open tickets with you on this, please email support@commusoft.co.uk who will be happy to help. As much as we would love to have all our clients on the new version, the process is not a simple software upgrade and much more like moving from one software to another. This means the process is longer and more complex. We¿ve already started migrating clients as part of the beta program so we can make sure we are ticking all the boxes as your data is important to us, as it is to you.

Replied December 2016

Adam

Commusoft is great

In my opinion, this specific product is good user friendly. you do have to take time and invest in trying to understand the methods and process is that already exists within the software and have a clear understanding with regards to how you would like the software to operate with those two things in mind you can approach their customer support team that can talk you through implementations.

Pros

What I liked was the ability to be able to repurpose already set up systems that can be utilised in my specific way for my business.

Cons

As with all software, there are some limitations that exist within the software I have also used to competitors software over the years and I have found commusoft to be the best value for money and the better product

Lawrence

Great product, forever evolving and moving forward with our expectations

We have solved our struggle with annual service reminders and recording the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We are very happy with the product and cant see us using anything else for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The seamless continuity between the diary and job booking/logging/location recording is a great asset to our business. As a mere glance we can see what engineers are encountering issues, areen route to appointments or have completed tasks.

Cons

The inability to merge duplicate entries. Be this customers, or duplicate jobs. As with any system some human error is unavoidable. We really wish that duplicate customer records could be merged or hidden so as to avoid future confusion or conflicting data.

Suzanne

Small business game changer

Pros

We have used Commusoft for over 10 years now and it has changed the way we work. Job records for all our clients helps our engineers with technical history when they are on site; helps the office team manage estimating, invoicing and reporting; which ultimately benefits our clients.

Cons

It doesn't always do what you need it to do but you have a direct route to raise issues and requests for software changes but they do not always happen quickly.

Rebecca

Commusoft has revolutionise the way we work

Reduced admin time with diary management and invoicing

Pros

We've been using Commusoft since December 2019 and with 6 engineers out on different jobs it has streamlined office time spent in diary management and invoicing not to mention the history building on each property of all the jobs carried out and appliances in situ. No more handwritten and lost certificates everything is all stored in one place. It integrates really well with Xero accounting system. The training and set up support made the transition at our busiest time of year really easy. It's well work every penny we pay for it.

Cons

Some parts require too many click steps to carry a task - i.e. sending an invoice

Recommendations from others

Ashley

Industry: Public Safety

Fast and efficient CRM software

Excellent software, would highly reccomend this.

Pros

Really happy with the diary management and integration with our financial packages Allows us to book jobs in with ease and contact our customers fast and efficiently. Has helped our business massively.

Cons

Features are locked behind packages but this can be mitigated by phoning up and designing your own package and costs.

Jill

Brilliant Plumbing & Heating Software

We have used Commusoft for almost six years now. I think since we have made the change we have realised the value of the software and how much it helps us be in control of our business.

Pros

I like how the software can be accessed via any computer at any time of day. I also like the fact that you can pull various reports, to see what invoices are due, which jobs need invoiced so you know what still needs to be done. We also integrate with Xero which works very well.

Cons

I suppose the cost factor is something to consider. Although it's a very valuable software, some items or upgrades can work out expensive overall. But I do feel we would be lost without it.

Jules

Fantastic product and service to match

Great product and matched by it's exceptional level of customer services. It's helped streamline our business and created more time for us to process more orders.

Pros

Ease of use, robust, lots of automation and the ability to manage lots of jobs.

Cons

The booking system didn't work particularly well for us but we do use the software slightly differently to how others do so it's not really a fault.

Sam

Happy Commusoft Customer

My experience of using Commusoft has been a very positive one.

Pros

Commusoft is very easy to use and it meets our current business needs. We have been using this system for a number of years now and would highly recommend it to others. Commusoft offer great support and always get back to me within a day and then follow up to make sure that everything has been resolved. Commusoft continues to be developed and improved upon which is also a positive.

Cons

I have no issues at all. The software does everything that I need it to do.

Darren

DJW Electrical Services

We have been using Commusoft for over 3 years and its helped me move to the next level in my business. We are able to manage our jobs, customers, invoices and quotes etc. Very easy to use and fast response support.

Pros

Being able to remotely manage staff / customers

Cons

not being able to remove duplicate customers

Rob

Industry: Utilities

I would not hesitate to recommend the software and support team at Commusoft.

The availability of Commusoft allows us a competitive edge as a 24/7 service provider, and ensures we remain at the forefront of advances in information technology.

Pros

Following the introduction of Commusoft into my business in 2011, Commusoft desktop and mobile platforms have allowed us to tailor their software to our specific requirements, with the ability to customise data and KPI reports and retain them to suit our business needs. Prior to the integration of Commusoft, we used hard copy documents, accounting and certification packages to manage the business. Post 2011, Commusoft now handles this virtually paperless, with total transparency for all users. The management of jobs for employees and sub-contractors is simplified from the point of initial customer enquiry, through to work completion and live invoicing whilst our engineers are still on site. Existing customer service reminders are also a benefit, including the availability of customer details, appliance data, work history, photo images, etc. which saves time by allowing our engineers and administrators live shared work updates. Live engineer status when en route to customers’ homes via vehicle fleet tracking, which customers can view through their smart phones when our engineer accepts their specific job. This is beneficial to both parties as customers are not needlessly waiting at home for our arrival, ensures our engineers are not waiting to gain access, and assists safeguarding with engineer name, photo ID, and industry certification detail availability prior to their arrival. The routine upload of live site images also aids the resolution of possible discrepancies.

Cons

Nothing that hasn’t been quickly remedied through the live assistance of the Commusoft support team.

Wow!!! This is not a software update this is a supercharge of an already great system.

I hate writing reviews but would have felt guilty not to give credit where due with Commusoft. The team at Commusoft and their level of service have have always been top notch! You ask - they help. Commusoft have listened to us and have developed this software accordingly to what we need - and more. My transition to V4 was seamless and very well structured from the trial, right through to the installation and follow up support. The tutorials and online help are comprehensive. Throughout my dealings with Commusoft, I have always felt like a valued customer and not another "number" talking to someone on the phone who doesn't care and can't wait to get you off the phone and close off the job you have asked them to help with. That make a difference and hope that will not change with the inevitable continued success of their product!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Pros

It's a fantastic piece of software that makes all aspects of running of my business so easy. I have used Commusoft for 6 years now and this latest version is even more powerful than i ever expected. Other than the improved interface on both desktop and mobile platforms the flexibility to shape this software to your own business needs is great. I particularly like the reporting function where any data reports you may want are available for you to customise and save for future use as your "own" reports. Its hard to imagine how I coped without this software using separate spreadsheets, documents, accounting and certification packages to run my business when Commusoft does it all and make it so easy. The management of jobs for yourself and employees is so easy from the initial enquiry to completion and invoicing. Maintaining your existing business with service reminders is great and the ability to have your customer details and appliance data, work history etc at your fingertips is also great, saving time and offering your customer that "personal feeling" I can talk forever about this software but won't bore you but lastly the other feature I really will benefit from on this new version is the previously monotonous task of contacting Tenants for access!! This is made so simple in Commusoft.

Cons

I've run out of space so as there are no negatives Ill continue with the Pros: I will be adding the vehicle tracking feature to offer my customers the flexibility to see where we are in relation to their property so they can "pop out to the shop" knowing they will not risk missing us. More of a PR thing in my case I suppose but also great for slotting in an emergency job for engineers in the same area. Maybe bringing our industry "up to date" In summary Commusoft is my best friend and can't imagine running my Plumbing and Heating business without it!!

Angela

Industry: Utilities

An incredible learning experience the whole process has been conducted efficiently and smoothly.

The most important benefit is being able to relieve the Director of all the admin tasks that he has been doing up until this point. To streamline the whole procedure from taking the initial call to the job being completed and invoiced. Having all the revelvent information for every customer in one easy to access package will prove to be invaluable in the future. Information being available to all engineers quickly and easily. Completing everything in a professional and efficient manner. To be able to develop and grow the business with a more productive system in place.

Pros

The versatility of the software is incredible, it covers every aspect of what we need as a business to enable us to evolve and develop. The Xero integration is very impressive and has made the process of invoicing and payments very straightforward, even linking the customers was actually really easy. The system is overall very easy to use with help every step of the way with the help manager I usually find what I need to assist me. Having everything in one place will be very beneficial and as I progress with the system it will enable the business to achieve its full potential. The reason I wanted this software was to take as much of the admin work from the Director so that he can focus more on the job and development of the company, which this system I believe will help us achieve. I am not experienced in software packages as such, however, this software has really impressed with how easy it has been for me to grasp the basics. I am sure in time we will wonder how we ever coped without it. Everything is easily accessible and the layout and format very easy to use and pleasing to the eye. We have had a lot more estimates accepted since using the software as it gives the customers confidence in us due to the way everything is now presented to them via Commusoft. The reporting is a very useful and easy to use function, which is one of my favourite aspects of the software. Overall I am very impressed with the software and very happy I decided to go with Commusoft.

Cons

Its hard to say what I like least about the software at the moment as I havent personally come across anything negative at this point.

EJ

Excellent diary software

Overall we are really impressed with both the diary software and customer support which is fantastic, we have had to call a few times where we did not understand somtheing and the issue was explained right away and the problem solved.

Pros

We really like the option for our engineers to note the locations of the boiler, gas meter, and stopcock, this information is vital to us as we have a lot of repeat business for estate agents and often the tenants are not home and knowing the location of the boiler and gas meter really saves time for the next engineer who may not have attended the property the previous year.

Cons

One of the things we least like about using the software is the issues we sometimes have when one of our engineers says the job is complete when in fact the job has been scheduled for consecutive days which means you have to completely add a new job as you cannot add a new event on the same job. This, of course, is a user error, where the engineer has clearly misunderstood the question, the engineer does mean to say he has completed the works for that day. I think it would be great if this error could be undone without having to add a new job.

Response from Commusoft

Hi EJ, Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it and we're glad to hear that Commusoft is saving your team time. With regards to engineers accidentally completing jobs - we understand that will happen from time to time, so we actually do have a way to undo it and un-complete the job. Our client services team will send you more information on that! :) Thanks!

Replied January 2019

The best CRM for plumbing and heating engineers

I have used Commusoft for 8 years. Very few problems. Their support ticket system works very well. Our customers are impressed with the detailed job reports, record keeping, invoices, service reminders and automated communications. I am not the most organised person so without this I would be lost. We have records of every visit, quote, invoice and part fitted for every customer over the last 8 years. It takes time to use but it’s worth it.

Pros

Detail of record keeping such as appliance, stop cock and gas meter location. Integrates with Xero very well for invoices, debtors etc. Detailed reporting for sales, profit and engineer performance. Sending service reminders and booking confirmations by SMS or email. Let’s customer know when the engineer is on their way. Uploading images and files to the job. Adding and saving parts to the job. Digital safety certificates, service/commissioning records, job reports, invoices and statements. Engineer job questions when they arrive or leave. For example “what parts did you use, have you put a sticker on the boiler”.

Cons

It is not the quickest to use but it is continually improved so I am sure they will make it more efficient to use.

Reasons for choosing Commusoft

Commusoft had the most features and seemed the company seemed to be the most dedicated and professional.

Marcus

Great software but if you leave your stuffed

Very helpful at the start but if you leave then not interested. Would never put all my customer information to another IT company without doing my own customer database. Thanks for nothing Commusoft!!!

Pros

The software has lots of great features and once you have got used to the menus and features and can improve productivity. As a small business with 1 employee passing and updating the engineers jobs was good and planning the jobs ahead was great. I had QuickBooks linked to the Commusoft

Cons

Unfortunately when the Commusoft was linked to my QuickBooks it somehow doubled every customer in QuickBooks, Commusoft rectified but I still have a load of deleted customers even now. Also response to software issues was slow if your not on the premium service plan. As a small business I unfortunately lost my engineer and was operating as a sole trader but Commusoft would not reduce the charge for one user and so had to pay for 2 users. Upon deciding this wasn’t cost effective we left Commusoft and all databases deleted and some data files sent to us in computer data but no real information on customers that was stored with Commusoft. I have lost thousands on missed gas Certs since leaving. No help at all to find data on clients.

Good sales and demo

KERRY

Commusoft Feedback

We have had a brilliant experience with Commusoft and all the staff we have come in contact with. In particular, our trainer was exceptional. Very patient and thorough when explaining processes. Nothing was too much trouble and queries were responded to promptly and in detail. The only comment we have about training is that it would have perhaps of been useful to split the training sessions to have some before we went live with the new system and then the remainder post live to go over the finer details etc.

Pros

The automated functions within the system such as service reminders and, feedback notifying customers and engineers of bookings. Having the ability to build and brand templates so we are more effective with resource and helps to reduce error giving a more professional image. The reports and costing functions are extremely useful and again will save on resource and enable us to focus our business more.

Cons

It would be useful to preview emails (e.g. service reminders) before they are sent. There have been a few items we have raised that would improve the functionality but these have been taken on board and being considered for future development.

Georgina

Fantastic Software! Amazing Support!

Our experience with Commusoft has been first class in all aspects including the informative and comprehensive documents provided to help with the migration to the new version and the brilliant software. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Commusoft to anyone looking for a fantastic, easy to use system with plenty of functionality!

Pros

We have recently upgraded to the most recent version of Commusoft and absolutely love it! The software is very user friendly for both office staff and engineers. There is a lot more functionality within the new version which makes everything much easier and quicker. We were a bit apprehensive about making the leap to the new version however the support we have received in both the pre and post migration calls and the training calls has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have wished for more!

Cons

There is nothing about the new version of commusoft that we don't like and we can't wait to keep discovering all the new features and learning how to get the best from the software (all of which is provided by the amazing support team).

Sue

Commusoft for Minor Works

Overall I find Commusoft pretty user friendly, but then I have been using it for four years and like anything, the more you use it the easier it becomes.

Pros

Once you know how to use it Commusoft is easy to work with on a daily basis and quite intuitive I don't think we could run the Minor Works department without this software - the job histories and the notes section have been invaluable. The engineers generally have no problem using the mobile software Commusoft are very open to suggestions for improving any areas/features that don't work for your business if they can and they are very quick to respond to any queries either by e-mail or on the phone

Cons

I miss being able to merge properties, as you could on the old Commusoft - sometimes a tenant gets set up as a customer instead of a work address under the estate agent - so being able to merge was useful for correcting this. On some of the reports you can open the job from the report but then on some others you can't

Keith

We've been using Commusoft for a number of years now and have also found the team to be very helpful and knowledgeable. The system is great, it helps reduce admin time and keeps the job statuses up to date.

Pros

It's portable so you can see what's going on from anywhere with internet. You can capture a lot of information about jobs. Ease of use when booking jobs

Cons

We sometimes find the job locations on the map are way out and as we work a lot in the countryside the mobiles don't always sync straight away.

It wasn't very good

Karen

Job Management Software

Saves us time which obviously saves money Customer communication with regard to jobs/diaries is more up to date Easy to use app Great training

Pros

After extensive research into various job management software we found that a lot of software which looked good on the surface was actually only good for basic functions and once you started looking more in depth it became clear that they were built for smaller business with only a couple of staff. Commusoft was very different, yes it looks good on the surface and does the basic functions BUT more importantly it also has much more in depth and comprehensive performance in the background. It enables diaries to be updated easily and quickly with full details, it enables text/email messages to both engineers and customers. The customer intergrations from Xero worked smoothly and the link works well. We now also use it for tracking vehicles and it has saved us money from the seperate tracking software we used to use. With any software there are also things that we would like improved and any comments and improvements suggested are email in and the staff behind the scenes as such seem to welcome these and put them in the mix for potential updates in the future.

Cons

The next package up is more expensive BUT does allow for auto input of suppliers invoices, we would like an option of having this available for office staff without increasing the monthly price for engineers who only have app access and engineer capabilities on the app so never use some of the brilliant features of the software.

Karl

Industry: Utilities

Excellent Service, Fantastic System.

My overall experience with Commusoft has been very positive, the pre-migration call and post-migration call where very easy going and enjoyable, and I must admit, I was quite concerned it would be awkward, not at all, the reps are very supportive, understanding and patient, and put you at ease. Any concerns are quickly dealt with in a clear and easy to understand way.

Pros

The leap from version 3 - 4 was night and day, but it didn't take a whole lot to learn the new system as it still felt familiar, but significantly more polished. The customisation options and the settings in the new software are it's biggest selling point compared to the old one. I remember initially speaking to one of the reps and them saying, in the old system we are only using 5% of what Commusoft is capable of and thinking... well if there are more features... they are not readily available or are very hard to find. This is not the case in V4.

Cons

I would struggle to find anything I really dislike, If anything I would like to be able to get an event booked into the diary before putting in the information of the job, as it keeps the customers hanging on, but I am still learning the system and so there might be a way I can actually do that, which I have not yet found, it's still early days.

Commusoft