All FieldEdge Reviews

Peter

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Good experience

It is my main location during the business day. The AP side is still mostly in Quickbooks. The customer side is mostly in Fieldedge.

PROS

It is built around the service agreement part of my business. The reminder feature is 1st rate.

CONS

I chose to start during a busy period . This is not advisable as there is much to learn.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

Business growth made my old systems require too much recording keeping and look-up.

Kelley

Reviewed January 2020

FieldEdge is a great tool!

We have decreased the time we are waiting to be paid and reduced our overall outstanding invoices. We have increased productivity, reduced costs, and are now tracking jobs.

PROS

As a user who started at my company after FieldEdge was already in place, I can honestly say that FieldEdge was very easy to learn. It is user friendly and the basics can be picked up very quickly. For the more seasoned user, it has more intricate features & applications that you can utilize for your specific needs. Our technicians invoice & collect in the field and with the Quickbooks integration, it helps keep our outstanding invoices to a minimum. FieldEdge provides a live chat feature, which is a great tool. The Reps are very friendly and knowledgeable and super quick to respond! Each user can customize their settings to maximize the ease of use. For instance, I like to have my service tech dispatch board as my default since I am managing that board more closely than my estimator, apprentice or office boards. You can easily toggle between them but it is great to have just the ones I need on top. You can assign priority flags to calls to give quick at-a-glance visual markers. This is great when we have calls that can be interchanged between techs with the same skill sets, which can also be assigned in FieldEdge. The Do Not Service feature is another great tool that has allowed us to prevent accidental scheduling on accounts that we do not wish to service. All in all, it is a great tool that can be as simple or complex as you want it to be.

CONS

We have had a few instances over the past year with the software being down, but frankly, at least 2 of those times it was a Microsoft issue, not specially FieldEdge. There are times that FieldEdge runs slowly, but for the most part, it is a stable platform. We have had a couple issues with licensing error messages when trying to add additional uses on our account, but they were quickly resolved and corrected with a call in to the team.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Kelley! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying many aspects of the software, along with the range of support resources that are available to you. We are lucky to have customers like you!

Replied January 2020

Rodney

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

FieldEdge Save Your Time

Once again save your time because they can't perform to provide you what you were presented. They obviously put all their time and effort into the presentation to trap you and once you terminated your previous software you would have to move forward with them. Lot's of misleading cost structure and several different companies to deal with for signatures, payments, etc. Just a complete fraud

PROS

Great sales presentation, however it can't perform to the standards of what they are selling.

CONS

The Sales presentation would be great if when implemented it would actually work. It doesn't and they oversell what and how they can perform. Upon launch after 5 months of implementation we couldn't process a customer payment which is fundamental and elementary.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2017

17 Happy Years of growth and prosperity with dESCO !!!

Our business has grown from 2 trucks to 10 since we first installed dESCO. We now have 10 times the business and the software has grown right along with us. It does so much more now than then and has continued to improve. With out it I could not manage my business. dESCO keeps track of jobs, quotes, invoicing even out inventory. If you are a small business running lean, making every minute count this is the software you need. I do not think I would be where I am today with out it. By nature I am unorganized, having everything in one place in one program is the way to go if that describes you. John

PROS

The amount of information you have at your fingertips. Jobs, scheduling, quotes, orders, and Customer information. Customer information is key to service knowing what they have done in the past including payment history, and buying habits. Keeping records under the documents tab means not more filing cabinets. Sales reports and receivables reports makes keeping an eye on cash flow easy.

CONS

There is a steep learning curve. Because it does so much there is a lot to learn. This is a big program, that covers a lot of areas.

John, it has always been a privilege for us to see your many successes through the years. Thanks so much for taking the time to say why ESC has been such a great fit for you, and for your many years of loyalty. As we look to the bright future, you can continue to count on us to be of service to you.

Replied April 2017

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Field Edge Review

Overall Field Edge has worked great for us over the last 2 years. I've recommended it to several colleagues in the service business. While no software is a perfect fit for all companies, FE is always listening to the users and making improvements.

PROS

FE was the easiest software implementation we've done in 35 years. (We were coming over from Wintac) Customer support is top notch and my reps are super responsive. Constant updates and improvements. There is an "idea board" where members can post features/tweaks they would like and all members can vote on the idea. Mobile app is intuitive and user friendly.

CONS

Reporting is a weak area. Would also like to see some options to custom how the data, and how much data, is shown for customers and inventory.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

We are in the multi-family and light commercial market. Our opinion is that Service Titan is more geared to residential contractors.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

Wintac did not have a mobile app for techs in the field. They were also positioning themselves to sell and stop proving useful updates and improvements.

Leslie

Reviewed January 2020

Great platform for automating the administrative end and field tech end of a growing business.

PROS

The program is very user friendly as is the onboarding process. Easy navigation within both the mobile version for our field technicians and also within the office user license on the admin side. Love the Help Center/chat now feature for immediate help when we draw a blank, need some feedback, or when we need to simplify the way we are completing certain tasks....there is usually always a better suggestion through the Help Center. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been fantastic with his responses also. He has been very helpful assisting us with custom reports and always very quick to respond to any email I send. He's definitely an asset!

CONS

I do feel that reporting could be a bit more interactive; I feel like there should be a way for each company to customize the data they need to see daily for reporting purposes, such as an all inclusive KPI section on the dashboard.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

Honestly, it came down to various message boards with field technicians reviewing real products. Very few complaints with FieldEdge, and a large number of complaints with FE competitor programs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions with us, Leslie!

Replied January 2020

Carl

Reviewed March 2024

Glitchy, overpriced and a complete disappointment

I thought that Field Edge would help us to get an "edge" in our "field" but instead it was more like we were sidelined on the edge of the field watching everyone else still enjoying the game. The training did not succeed in helping us to have a successful launch at all, I don't think there was one smooth thing about the launch overall. This product resulted in countless hours of lost productivity along with what I feel was a total rip off to the tune of $8000. We pulled the plug within two weeks of our live launch because it was obvious we would be out of business using this software and despite pleas for a fair termination fee, we were charged nearly the full amount left for the YEAR!

PROS

There was really nothing that stood out after using the software that lessened the disappointments and issues we had.

CONS

Glitchy integration with accounting software, mobile app was very disappointing, time tracking was inaccurate, options and features are super basic, training did not succeed in making the launch successful, every task you try to do on field edge takes more steps than it does on the system we've been using so instead of being a time and efficiency saver, it was a boat anchor.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

It seemed like it would be a better fit for our type and size of company and it was also a little less expensive.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

We were hoping to boost productivity and efficiency by combining multiple platforms into one.

Beth

Reviewed January 2019

Best decision we made 2 years ago!

We were using a very old software program with a lot of manual entry. We have been able to manage our technicians much more efficiently. Invoicing is streamlined. A lot of statistics we used to guess about are now tracked with FieldEdge-which is so important for growth! We are able to see what advertising truly works and what is ultimately a waste of money and effort! I looked into a lot of programs and have to say there isn't anything I regret about our decision! And the icing on the cake is the customer service. Hands down best of any of the many companies I deal with on a daily basis. Responsive and thorough. They have also integrated with other platforms which is great for having everything in one place. Can't wait to see what they have in store next!

PROS

Ease of use. Reliability. Ability to customize like no other software out there. Consistently listening to their customers recommendations and updating. Best value for price!

CONS

If you can call it a con? We are busier than ever as it has streamlined so many ways we operated that we are able to mange our technicians much more efficiently!

Our teams love to hear feedback like this, Beth! Thanks so much for sharing. We are lucky to have customers like you!

Replied April 2019

Reviewed October 2022

Okay at Best

FieldEdge would probably be great for an RLC (residential/light commercial) company. But as a company that is entirely commercial with many long, multi-phase projects, it leaves much to be desired and demands work-arounds. The mobile app is horrendous and completely unusable by our technical crew. They regularly comment on needing to close down/reopen the app, freezing, and even going so far as to say they've tried uninstall/reinstalling it. Additionally, any requests for assistance from tech support, albeit responsive, are often lacking. Frequently we're steered towards a few 'training' pdfs and videos that don't go into much detail that we need, or answer our questions at all. Beyond that, they suggest paying copious amounts of money for 1:1 time with one of their 'experts'. Again, this may work for the smaller folks looking for rudimentary service software, but our company is already looking elsewhere.

PROS

Variety of Functions, Covers Most Needs

CONS

Awful Mobile App, Not "big" Commercial Friendly, Spotty Support

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact us at customermarketing@fieldedge.com so we can gather more information and help you in any way we can. We will also share your review with our team. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

Replied October 2022

Cheryl

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Business owner

Scheduling and Dispatching and Invoicing.

PROS

Integrations were very simple. Helpful FieldEdge Tech Staff made this process easy.

CONS

Customer Service when I have a question to get an answer to help me better use the software, I think the got to questions within customer service can be time consuming. If I do not communicate they way that the help area of the software layout is then I am looking too long for an answer.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

Ease of use and much better pricing for what I am getting.

Thank you so much for this review and also the feedback for our customer support!

Replied September 2023

Tyler

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Constantly Improving & Great Customer Support

PROS

Customer support is very quick & thorough. There is a chat feature integrated with the software for customer support issues. It automatically creates recurring service work orders, which is nice. You can flag customer accounts as do not service, which disables your other users from scheduling work orders for those customers - this is a new feature that is going to save us thousands in unpaid bills by customers who do not pay their bills. We tried putting them on our own lists, but they sometimes still slip through the cracks. It has phone integration, which not only records calls but also has the ability to track lead sources. I can print pick lists every morning, so I can ensure my techs are fully stocked at the beginning of every day.

CONS

It can be kind of slow at times, although it seems to work well for the most part. In the year I've used it, we've been locked of the system for 24 hours 2-3 times. This was incredibly frustrating, and it would have been detrimental had we print paper copies of every work order. A paperless way to proactively anticipate this problem is to just download a list of pending work orders at the end of each day & to keep a list of your customers in excel or google sheets, so you can access phone numbers and addresses. It is also more geared towards flat rate pricing, which I admit is more attractive for residential customers. With commercial customers (the bulk of mine being restaurants), I could lose some of my best customers if I switched to flat rate pricing. We track our labor from the time of dispatch until the the work order is completed. If our techs look on FE to see how much time they've spent on a job, they only see the time working - not the time traveling. I've had several jobs go underpriced because a tech forgets goes by the time they see on the software.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Tyler! We are happy to know you are utilizing the newer 'Do Not Service' feature and have found it to be a time saver, along with the other functionality you enjoy. We also understand the frustration you experienced on those occasions, and are continuously working to make improvements to our software as you alluded to. We are proud of the enhancements we have made to the stability and reliability of our platform in recent months. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to work together.

Replied April 2019

Bobby

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Perhaps it will improve in the near future

FieldEdge overall is trying to be relevant but they may have grown too fast to create an actually well thought out and functional product. They charge for their product as if they are #2 (just after service titan). Unfortunately they aren't even in the top 5 for service products. They really need a moment of humility to really step back and humbly critique their own product and then spend the following 6 months fixing all the absurd limitations they've built into it.

PROS

The product has a few nice features. The dispatch board is nice in that it shows when a technician is traveling to an appointment, working or completed. The membership section is decent as well.

CONS

The product is not designed very well and the onboarding staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] seems more concerned with defending the product versus attentively listening and understanding folks who work in the industry day in and day out. As such, I'm not certain that proper feedback is flowing through to the developers as some of the features of the product are simply not well designed nor flexible. For example: - you cannot click on a time slot in the dispatch board to initiate a scheduled work order/job. - when you e-mail a quote to a customer the customer has no way of approving that work order. They simply have to respond to the e-mail saying that they agree to the estimate. Every single solitary competitor of theirs including very small companies have the ability to do this (jobber, housecallpro, service fusion, service titan, mhelpdesk, you name it). - You have no way of copying an existing estimate to another customer. Again, it's almost certain the folks developing the product are in the dark on how important these basic functionalities are (and again, literally every competitor has this capability). Their response? You can use assemblies. Nope - that doesn't resolve the problem. - You are unable to create new employees in fieldedge. The only way you can create users is based on full time employees you have built in quickbooks. HUH?? Yes, i'm serious. Therefore, if you have a contractor (who is not an FTE) you will have to build him in quickbooks as a W2 employee.

Bruce Jr

Used free trial

Reviewed August 2010

Great All Round Dispatching Program.

Overall this is a great program that really helps manage time and perform a good assessment on how to serve the client. It holds a lot of info and is a great time saver. There is some time to learn up on the system, but as you use it you see the reasoning and it all fits together. The other good thing I like about this program is the great support and friendly staff. They always answer even the smallest question I have and take the time to help me understand the answer and walk me through it. I am not too savy a computer guy so support to talk to a real person is a must for me. Also these guys listen to our real life experiences out here. They take into account our suggestions with each new update or version. This is important because our environment changes all the time and there is always a newer way to do somehting. This is a good all round product and I highly recommend it.

PROS

Cons... ( Did not have enough room in the Con Section) (See Iver all Recommendation for Pros) As a dispatching program it would be nice to have a fleet management system. A log to keep track of VIN #, When Tabs are due, Maintenance is due, Truck #, Driver during periods of time, Repair and service Types and dates, ect... Since there are so many tax variations within the service are we dispatch to it would be helpful that the tax % would print on the dispatch and visble on the dispatch screen. We spend the time inputing the tax codes in the system and then applying it to each dispatch, this would be a good field to add.

CONS

Cons Continued... Reports are good, but I have noticed that we enter a lot of information on jobs that we cannot sort reports on. For example: When we breakdown an invoice into ESC we enter the resale of: Labor, Subcontractors, Material, Equipment Fee, Permits, Trip Charge, Rentals, and probly a few other catagories depending on the job.... But the report I would love to run, but can't is... Each technician's production by department in: *Labor *Rentals *Material *Sub Contractors *Equipment Fee *Trip Charges * And so on Also, the paging system is nice... unless you have to page a group of people. It would be great to be able to send a page to just my plumbers with one button or just my HVAC techs or just ....

Jerry

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

After 6 months with FieldEdge

The on boarding was not very good. Spent a lot of time with the help desk. It has gotten a lot better since the beginning.

PROS

Helps bring your company into the digital age.

CONS

Lack of reporting customization. Wish there was a way to back up to Google calendar in case of an outage.

Cost

More features

Eli

Reviewed September 2018

Great concept when it works

So if you are still thinking to go with Field Edge, GOOD LUCK

PROS

The App is easy to use to some level, For the technicians it is easy to find items and they can even see the picture of the items. Techs can add pictures from the field and attach it to the customers profile. Incoming calls, we can see the existing customer information before we answer the call.

CONS

VERY SLOW, to maneuver from page to page takes time. we found ourselves putting customers on hold for a simple task. Software updates When Field Edge are trying to make some updates WHOLE software crash. so imagine for a second what would happen when your software is down: Good morning you start your day. * No incoming calls (your phone line are integrated with the software), no new customers * Your technicians are at the office (12 of them) and have no idea where do they need to go * Customers that are waiting for their tech to show are calling the office to check what happen, you guessed right - phones are down. * Now you are sitting around (18 people) and have no idea what to do

Norman

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great software for our company with multiple divisions.

Like that I can keep better track of profitability on individual projects.

PROS

Having the database for all of our customers. Quick and easy invoicing. Like how easy and fast it is to create quotes.

CONS

Wish you could return to previous pages without loosing your spot.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

We felt it was a better fit for our growing company.

Not enough features.

Kathie

Used free trial

Reviewed August 2010

Kathie's Review

I would highly recommend ESC to any A/C contractor!

PROS

I do love the ease of this software // It is extremely "blonde friendly" // Most of it is so simple you can figure it out on your own and not have to call the help desk or anything // Works great with QB // Even my GM and Service Manager can move around in it! // We have never had any glitches during updates like with our old program // The reports are great (hard to fix if you type in anything wrong tho since you have to go thru QB to fix everything) // I've been in the office part of the A/C field for over 20 years and have used several different programs thru the years and ESC by far is the best! I highly recommend this program! // There are things i do not like but for the most part ... ESC is the best!

CONS

I do not like that it does not put the equipment worked on in the history! // You have to pull up the invoice and click on equipment in order to see that info // I do not like that it only prints 4 lines of history on the dispatch ticket itself // Wish it would list maintenance/agreement customers on the dispatch screen and dispatch ticket so you don't have to go from screen to screen to figure that out // Third party billing isn't so great either // Once you complete the job and delete it after the billing you can't go back and look at the invoice or print it out again until you add the job back in .. that's a pain // Wish it was easier to look up sites instead of the billing info ... That has taken me longer to train people on around our office than any of it yet ... they can't seem to get that down yet! I wish you could see more of history with materials without having to go into the invoice itself // and on dates in dispatch ... up arrow should take me UP a day .. not back a day

Amber