Browse Freshservice Reviews

Erick from ACS Industries

Probably the best tool for Help Desk Management

This is probably the best I used for ticketing. The support is really good, the only bad thing is that you have to contact mostly via chat.

Pros

The features it provides are really good. The ticketing flow is easy to follow, we can handle our Service Catalog, integrate with Active Directory, manage Asset Inventory and now we started using the Project management tool.

Cons

The configuration (Initial Setup) is kind of complex. Design the flows is friendly, but complex if you have many rules, but the good thing is that support guides all the way during this process.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

SysAid performance was not good. The technical support is not good either.

Benjamin from Gehan Homes

FreshService Internal Ticket Management System for Gehan Homes

We enjoy FreshService for the simplistic ticket management and communication it provides. It is also a secondary database for our asset management to cross reference our main database. We would like to see more curated automated reports for both tickets and assets. We would also like to be able to levarage the change management database, but it does not appear user friendly nor intuitive; so we may need training on this but we do not use it because we dont understand it. We are actively looking for change management.

Pros

Easy to build requestors and submit tickets via email and communicate with the end users we support for our internal helpdesk. Easy to spot trends and ensure service level agreements for ticket response times are measured appropriately.

Cons

The inventory management system at first was very unreliable, sometimes search wouldnt pull up names or info. It seems to have been developed and works much better, but I believe the backend database or tool used could be of better quality. It has come a long way from the beginning and is markedly better.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Cost, ease of use, and provided the greatest benefit for a simple ticket and asset tracking system with the "possibility" of future developments in other areas of the system. We know FreshService was and is a growing company so we bet our money on the growth, we have not been disappointed, but of course would like to see more development in the areas of change management and maybe some more asset tracking features. Also, the customer service and support is STELLAR, I would say better than any vendor or product we use previously or currently. Bravo on the customer support, please never change how great that is, its more important than people might think.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

ManageEngine cost too much for what we were using it for and it was also on premises. We needed something simple and cloud based and cheaper.

No bang for the buck, an overpriced form submission tool that disappoints in reporting and integration

Pros

Friendly user interface. Copy screenshots directly into the form (although there's a bug for the last 3 months that screenshots are displayed double in edit mode.) Plenty of fields to configure for more complex workflows.

Cons

Default categories and labels with awkward naming (synonymous use of "Tickets" and "Incidents" for "Issues", "Change" for "Change Request", "Problem" for "Bugs") No possibility to convert issues to change requests. Agent needs to recreate the entire case in the back resulting in significant adminstrative overhead. Reporting is practically inexistent. REST API not covering many functions and object attributes. (You cannot substitute reporting externally.) HTML editor limited and bugged. (CSS code in support articles not supported, Bootstrap not supported, code gets changed or reformatted upon saving articles) No access to the file and image repository. Frankly, with every new cosmetic change and "functionality no can do" message from the Team, I am growing more and more wary of this application. At this point, I am thinking of it as an overpriced form tool with practically no reporting, a gimped Knowledge Management base, and an asset list functionality that quickly drains your wallet. I am spending significant time rewriting issues as change requests in order to subsequently manually attach them to the original issue ticket and explain to the user why I would want to close his ticket after all. Writing knowledge articles is best done in a separate HTML editor. The Text Editor lacks basic functionality, removes formatting and images in unpredictable ways with undoing, and stores images and files in a central repository you have no access to. You might as well do that with a forms tool readily available on the internet.

Tom from Riverside County Office of Education

Freshservice Review

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Cost and ease of customization

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Easily worth the price compared to other ticket systems.

Pros

After following a demo given by enthusiastic and cooperative Freshservice employees, we were sure of our choice. The tooling is intuitive, user-friendly, responds quickly and very easy to set up. There are plenty of things that can be adapted to the needs of the company. There are a number of options within the tooling that have certainly increased the efficiency of our employees and in the way customers create their own tickets. The support and technical staff are excellent and an example for other companies!

Cons

The change module may be further expanded. A feature request has been created for this and the latest information shows that a number of improvements will be made this year.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Before Freshservice, we used a tooling that was almost unusable, slow and cumbersome to use. No more innovations were made. The switch to Freshservice was a relief for our users, but certainly for our customers. Where we regularly received complaints about our ticket system before using Freshservice, we no longer receive any complaints.

Samuel from Premier Equipment Ltd.

Industry: Farming

Easily worth the price compared to free ticket systems

Extremely positive. Previously was using HESK as a free ticket system and also demo'd a few other options before settling on Freshservice. The paid features of Freshservice more then pay for themselves.

Pros

Makes dealing with a large number of tickets very simple and intuitive. Improves response time and productivity of helpdesk.

Cons

The settings/configuration is not super intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Better pricing. Better features for internal IT departments (as opposed to MSP focused ticket systems)

Lack of features

Matthew from Crenlo

Industry: Machinery

Freshservice

Freshservice is by far the best help desk/ticketing system I've ever worked with. The speed and ease of use make Freshservice the best help desk platform I've ever worked with in my 15 years of IT experience.

Pros

For our users its been a real nice tool for submitting help requests into our IT department. A variety of options and configurations allowed us to customize our Freshservice portal to provide our users with the best help desk experience possible.

Cons

I wish I could add my own custom pages to the custom help desk portal. Love the ability to customize the current portal but it would be even better if I could add my own custom pages to the portal for instance ~ a secondary onboarding portal for a different HR team in our company.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

A variety of reasons, not enough features. Freshservice has tons of features and optional add-ins that make it a better product.

Chad from Listowel Technology Inc.

Hard to find something better

Moving from a free ticketing solution I found FreshServices provided lots of features to allow us to automated mundane tasks and free up our time to work on more important issues and projects.

Pros

The vast number of features presented for a fair price. New features and enhancements are being made constantly.

Cons

Improvements could be made to helpdesk customization. A WYSIWYG interface with the option to go deeper to modify HTML and CSS would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

FreshService having a better workflow editor was the sole reason we chose it over the others.

Timothy from Accra Care, Inc.

FreshService provides many of ServiceNow level functions - but without the price tag

I have implemented in my current and previous organizations. It has solid overall build quality and supports ITIL standards and data capture in many areas. We also have the asset tracking component which has been helpful.

Pros

Streamlined interface has been easy for our IT team to learn and use. I like the ability to track and link incidents, service requests, changes and problems. Does what we need.

Cons

I would love to see more and better reporting - simplistic tools for creating reports limit advanced analysis in the tool.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

FreshService has a significant focus on IT management, where D365 doesn't, so we didn't have to build out custom functionality with FreshService.

Jinlong from HTS

Ease of use and feature packed value

I enjoy using the service but sometimes Support struggle, especially during COVID times

Pros

The ease of use and on going feature development

Cons

The asset model is very limited and needs improvement

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

The cost at first lined up with the valve and it was quick and easy to deploy

Max from Royal Electric

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

Pros

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated. Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility. The Freshservice agent that is installed on the computers make it easier for admins to see who is the last person who signed in to a computer. This helpful in occasions where we have to rule out what computer is assigned to someone when we forget to update the asset. Overall, the Freshservice inventory system is the best I've used in my professional career. Now let's talk about my favorite feature - the API. I was surprised to learn that FS had an API. I was able to thoroughly test their API and develop our own apps. Very pleased with this aspect. I also enjoyed using their admin tools to create workflows, notifications, scenarios to automate and make the ticketing solution more effective. Being able to document things here is also very easy. You can add images, create tags, and alter publications from their editor. Never had any gripes with this. Lots to like here!

Cons

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

Mel from American Landmark

Implementation and Management

I had used FreshService in the past at different places of employment and had enjoyed it. This was the first time I was tasked with picking a ticketing system for a company. The fact that you get a trial based on the level you want to pay for, can basically have it customized during the trial to see if it's the right fit, extremely helpful and responsive customer service, and its easy to use for all levels of tech comfortability were the big reasons we chose FreshService. Every time I check in with our team of Agents, everyone is extremely happy with the switch and, overall, I am looking forward to the positive changes this is bringing our teams.

Pros

There are several reasons I pushed to choose FreshService over other products. The value of the features I was getting with the ease of set up. Within the trial period, I had most of the set up done before I presented to my department head. The ease of switching from the previous (and archaic) system to FS for our end users was, overall, seamless. The ability to customize the product with minimal knowledge makes it easy to manage and make changes. After reviewing a dozen other ticketing systems, FreshService provided the ease of implementation and change that we were looking for.

Cons

I love Freddy and want to use it however it's limited features over the traditional portal are frustrating. I understand it's a new feature and it's in a state of constant improvement but I wanted to launch with it and was unable to because key features that we needed specifically for our company would not show up. The reports aren't quite what I thought they would be either and I will probably have to do some work with powershell to get the information I really need.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

This list is only a partial list of all the systems I looked at but I had issues with identifying what features each level had, lack of trials, unresponsive or slow customer service were some of the few issues I ran into.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

The system we had was a basic portal for entering the request and then it would email it out to everyone. There was no way to properly manage, track, or pull reports on the work being done and tickets were falling through the cracks. It was making everyone's job harder than it needed to be.

Aleksandr from Wilson Language Training

Freshservice Review from a daily user and admin

My overall experience with Freshservice has been really good (despite the cons I listed). The interface from Agent point of view is easy to navigate, the ticket/problem/change management is clear. From an admin point of view, everything is well group under the admin section and even if you don't have experience with Freshservice you will find yourself picking everything up pretty quickly. The mobile app, while clunky, is still a good way to get notified about tickets coming in (especially urgent ones), and checking for replies and approvals. Bonus points for providing single sign on options (SSO). Customization is solid and allows you to integrate your company branding quite well. Good, and easy to create, manage, edit knowledge base system. Requesters have a very easy time creating a ticket in case of an incident. While it can feel frustrating to have to contact Freshservice support for some things, I can say that my overall experience has been very solid with their support and they have even taken and implement a number of our feature requests. I would most certainly recommend this product.

Pros

- Easy to use - Good platform to manage incidents/problems/changes/releases as well as requests - Good CMDB for managing company assets - Pretty simple to perform administrative tasks - Good customization - Has mobile app that will notify you when someone performs an action on any of your items (Such as assignment of a ticket, replies, approvals, etc.) - Had good experience from Freshservice support staff - Has the ability to integrate into your domain account via Single Sing-On (SSO) - Good solution for storing your IT Support based knowledge base

Cons

- Customization could be better in some areas - Some changes require you to contact Freshservice support directly - Digital asset management is a bit clunky - Mobile app is not as intuitive as desktop experience and can feel difficult to navigate for some users - Noticed that at times, usually in the morning hours of EST time zone, Freshservice access cuts out for 5 minutes

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

At the time, Freshservice was more feature-rich, user friendly, and of best value

Dave from Orangebox Ltd

Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement.

Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

Pros

Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system. Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There is still room for improvement and some fields cannot be used in automations e.g. Impact or Urgency. Self service catlog - its a nice to have and allows easy segregation of Service Requests compared to Incidents, the custom forms are nice although would be better to dynamic i.e. drop down of all requesters for example. Branding - nice branding options and easy to use giving full access to CSS / HTML although not as easy to manipulate as ZenDesk. Self Service Portal - We haven't rolled this out to end users yet but the portal is easy to use and with the branding options can be customised. The embedded widget is also useful and can be embedded into SharePoint.

Cons

Reporting - very limited compared to some systems although improvements are on the road map. Software Assets - confusing to use as you have to track each software item as an asset, cannot easily search on what is installed on computers across the database. Again improvements coming on the road map. Dashboard is useless - current implementation of the system gives a very basic overview of the system and an activity log. We don't use it as it doesn't provide any useful information. Certain Form Fields - you cannot change the default fields or even hide them without using JavaScript, this means I have had to create custom fields to tell my agents to ignore certain fields which isn't ideal. Also the categories list is shared among tickets, our change requests differ from our incidents. SLA breaches - compared to ZenDesk it isn't as easy to see when a ticket is due to breach SLA. Currently the ticket interface only shows Resolve Due date and not response due date, the response due just appears in the main ticket view when its close to expiry. Not ideal but workable.

Feature-rich and intuitive

We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with. The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting. I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there. Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves. There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent. My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...) And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

Jose from GB Advisors, Inc.

Freshservice is quite a solid ITSM solution in the Cloud, with no investment in IT infrastructure.

The rapid deployment! Being Cloud, we were ready to start almost from day zero. The learning curve is quite smooth, and it was fairly easy to perform basic to moderate customizations on the portal and forms. Also the automation options were quite easy to follow (we basically used templates of the predefined ones) and one key for more novice users is that Freshservice has tutorials all around the solutions.

Pros

It's literally "pay and use". Zero footprint in your current IT architecture, everything is habdled via any compatible web browser. And yet it includes advanced ITSM functionalities such as asset management and CMDB, in which you mdeploy Probes and Agents to Windows, Linux and Mac devices to scan and inventory hardware and software. And like every other Freshworks solution, it's very customizable interms of UI, automation and notifications, as well as integrations with third-party solutions and via API for developers.

Cons

Perhaps adding new modules. Freshservice deals with this by integrations and automations, but out of the included modules (Tickets, Problems, Changes, Releases, CMDB, Projects, Solutions and Reports) you can't, at the moment, add a new one, such as Facilities or HR for example. However, provided that the included modules cover most, if not all, or ITSM's basic needs, and that the mnost generic modules (such as Tickets) are easily adaptable and customizable, that's not much of a problem.

Braden from PEC

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great IT software

love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Wanted a more modern solution with more options and a web portal based on an in house software or app

Gustavo from Centennial Foodservice

Industry: Food Production

Easy to use ITSM system that lack proper integration with other platforms.

Overall Freshservice is an easy to use and deploy platform that will work in small and medium size organizations. It has lots of feature to make repetitive tasks automated.

Pros

Incident and Service requests is the module I like the most, specially because IT support can

Cons

Inventory and Software management. The agent installed in workstations sporadically stops working and IT support must install the manually for it to continue reporting on the asset. When deploying hundreds of assets, this becomes very tedious. Also, the Probe used to scan network and synchronize AD with Fresh lack a lot of functionality and it doesn't provide enough information about a multitude of non-workstation assets after scanning.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Price and ease of deployment.

Zac from Bpa

Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent service

Very happy

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and nice layouts

Cons

Some things not configurable which makes us having to do workarounds

Cost

Cost

Joe from SQA Services, Inc

Great Help Desk Software, Particularly For Time Pressed Admins

The pricing for this product is very competitive which is great for the IT budget and value for dollar represent a good deal. I find the Support team is very helpful and responsive. This is not a complex product to set up but does take a little time to figure out how things work within Freshservice. I am very please overall.

Pros

SaaS based product so no on premises hardware or software. Setup is more than 10 minutes that some of the marketing indicates, but definitely not a complex setup. Once you understand the workflow things become fairly intuitive in setting up the software. The ability to process tickets from one screen, enabling you to reply, enter case notes and disposition the ticket from one screen is very good. Like anything there is a learning curve involved, but it becomes very straightforward to Administer. This is very important as I am handling issues, closing tickets and assisting end users so I do not have the time to spent an hour a day doing routine maintenance tasks. The technical support team is also very helpful.

Cons

Most of the issues have not been with things that do not work as much as do not conform to our individual work flows and processes. A few things that are challenges include that pasting into tickets using the portal does not work. Any screen shots or images depicting issues and end user is facing need to be added as attachments. By default you are given a long and not intuitive URL for your Portal. While you can create a custom URL it requires purchasing an SSL certificate or the connection is not secure. If a User submits a ticket via email and at a later time tries to create an account on the Portal it will advise them that the email is in use. To resolve this they just need to request a password reset, but it is not intuitive to the User, they think something is wrong.

Rich from The Coastal Companies

Industry: Wholesale

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Karina from Arizona State University

Offers a lot of features

It meets our expectations for managing tickets. We have experienced some bugs and they get resolved quickly.

Pros

We use it for tickets and issue resolution mostly. The software offers contract management, project management, asset management and other features at a very basic state.

Cons

We tried asset management for a while and it felt extremely short so we had to switch to a different product. Project management we did not even try because it is extremely basic. Maybe they should stick with the core of their product which is tickets and issue resolution.

Looking for additional features

Michael from CES Software

Best support ticketing system

Love it what more can I say make my job much easier.

Pros

Makes managing support very easy, love working with Fresh Service and the link to Jira works brilliantly

Cons

The searches could be a bit better if additional filtering options were added to narrow down the search when looking for historical tickets

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

We researched support ticketing systems on line and liked the look and feel of Fresh Service and wanted the link to Jira

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Better product and better value for money

Bryan from Pivot Physical Therapy

Great tool for tracking issues, managing assets, staying compliant

It allowed us to determine the number of IT staff needed to support a growing company. It also allowed us to track changes for SOC II compliance.

Pros

FreshService is a simple to use system that has allowed us to manage IT issues, assets, and changes within a quickly growing company. Prior to the implementation of FreshService we were unable to appropriately identify our staffing needs or areas of concern due to the lack of ability to track issues across the entire organization. With FreshService implemented we're now able to put metrics to the volume of support our team provides to the company. We're tracking assets across multiple states. And we're tracking changes within our environment for SOC II compliance.

Cons

I wish there were some built-in features which made viewing issues by Location easier. Currently, it appears that Locations can be linked to Requesters which implies issues by Location. However, it would be ideal to be able to quickly see and change the Location the issue is occurring. This would lead to reporting mechanisms that would allow us to see which Locations have the highest number of issues.

Shaun from The Bannatyne Group

Freshservice is a very simple web based portal with a great deal of functionality.

Freshservice is an easy way to manage and resolve issues by following the ITIL proces

Pros

Freshservice follows the ITIL process which means it is easier to structure in a way which works for our business. Tickets can be raised by internal users or customers outside of the business allowing for greatly improved communication. Tickets are easy to manage in terms of responses and audit trails. The service catalogue is a great feature, this allows us to capture all the necessary information first time every time. Outside of tickets and communication there are a vast amount of admin features, one we commonly use is dispatcher. This allows our business to create rules for tickets/service requests that hit the helpdesk. This in turn saves time and further increases productivity. The ability to create reports is a great way to identify where we can improve and provide a much improved service to our users.

Cons

While the admin features are vast, on occasions it can be difficult to locate what you need unless you know your way around. However, it's not impossible and with time does become easier.

Frans from African Bank

A Fresh service

We have been using the software for over 6 months (since go-live) and the experience has been great. The team is helpful, supporting and gets the job done providing regular updates and is good at expectation management. The tool set has enabled our service management platform to embrace 4IA and we are constantly innovating our services with new functionalities, making it easier for our users to interface with the systems. The built-in self-service first over incident logging has a direct reduction on our incidents and costs on managing them. The ease of workflow setups and automation allows us to implement new processes in hours.

Pros

Out of the box functionality with default configuration is quick and easy; Support and development teams is very helpful and goes the extra mile; Level of integration to different channels (mobile, chats bots, web, AI) work superb Innovation of the product - it constantly change, either with new features or enhanced functionality The team is always happy to listen to suggestions from their customers and to enhance the product

Cons

New features takes months to deliver if it cannot be configured The available features between agents and requester is extremely cumbersome CMDB and ITAM solutions require some work

Cloud and SAAS solution Innovation Customization capability

Richard from John Cotton Group

Industry: Textiles

Feedback

Positive - The entire team enjoy using it

Pros

I like the ease of use - It has been really easy to roll out to the userbase

Cons

Lack of customisation on forms and categories - I cant change labels etc

We needed a fresh start

Gianni from RWS

Industry: Translation and Localization

Really gets the best out of your workforce

Pros

The ticket management, asset management, knowledgebase and workflow automation have bee huge help and really a great solution for the specific needs. Can be very detailed with choices and customisable to suit any company needs.

Cons

I do wish that there was an off-boarding feature for staff leaving to support the on-boarding feature already useable.

Tyler from Rio Rancho Public Schools

A great, fully featured, ITSM solution that is easy to setup and highly customizable to your needs.

This software helps greatly with streamlining workflow and helping the team adopt ITIL standards. It is convenient and easy to use, and easy to learn for agents.

Pros

There's a lot of pros to FreshService. The automated routing (dispatcher) system is excellent and extremely configurable. You essentially are able to make if-then statements with a ton of different variables to route tickets to groups or agents, along with custom notifications. The ticket form, self-service portal, and service catalog are all very customizable and excellent resources as well.

Cons

The only thing that can be frustrating with FreshService is the tiered payment system that requires different payment amounts for different features. While Freshservice is affordable, it can be frustrating when you see a cool feature and want to try it out, only to find that your particular tier does not support it.

Daniel from Chytrý Honza a. s.

Our company has very specific requirements and this software is able to fulfill all of them. We appreciate the continued development and clear control of the system. Management has better control over departmental processes. The use of this software has shifted our customer service to a higher level.

Pros

The system is easy to use and has an inviting design that everyone can get used to. Even after years of use, the system is constantly evolving and improving. Freshservice can always surprise us with new functionality. The range of features can satisfy every big and small business. Depending on the needs, an appropriate cost plan can be selected. We greatly appreciate various kinds of reports.

Cons

Technical support is sometimes really slow. Until recently, we were complaining about the searching, but it was improved in the last update. The price for a complete set of features is quite high.

Jeff from Wilson Language Training

Service Management System that just works!

Truly enables our team to work effectively and manage the work items from start to end no matter what is involved or how complicated the work items can sometimes be. We are able to reduce our metrics across the board due to the options available and the way the system works.

Pros

Follows ITIL practices, stable, UI, mobile app, lots of options from an administrator point of view. Service catalog works really well. Freshservice is constantly adding new functions and listening to user requests. The ability to link work items across entities such as incidents to problem, problem to change and feature requests to changes helps to tell a story of every work item and lets you get into the details when needed.

Cons

The user portal allows customization but it can be a challenge to work within the framework provided and has limits. License management is still a bit limited and challenging.

Radosław from Cider House IT

We've been using FreshService for over a year now and don't see a reason to change :)

We switched from Autotask which was too costly for us. Freshservice allowed us to cut costs practically to zero and also introduced automatic asset tracking for some of our clients' equipment. Another great feature is the ability to use keyboard shortcuts that allows me to do my work faster.

Pros

It's quite easy to set up and start using. We really like the asset management feature - it's helpful to be able to assign tickets to devices so that later we can spot trends. Freshservice didn't have on time tracking feature that we wanted and their support team was very helpful in implementing a custom solution for us. The ability to have 3 agents for free is incredible for small shops that are just starting.

Cons

It currently lacks integration with one of our monitoring tools so we spend quite some time closing tickets that are no longer valid but that will be solved in the future. It's great they support multiple languages but would appreciate if they provided email notification templates in each of the languages they support.

Adam from Dexters

Slick and functional

We transitioned from SPiceworks to FreshService We have not regretted the decision, it really is a great product

Pros

A very easy to deploy and easy to use package Highly configurable, powerful, full of great features

Cons

Nothing missing, always updated with great new features. No cons that we have experienced so far to date

John from Tricon American Homes

Simple online based ticketing solution

Cost effective online-based ticketing system with ease of setup.

Pros

Everything is hosted online and easily accessible via web browser or mobile app. FreshService provides a section for creating instruction guides and asset management. The platform is fairly easy to setup with our Microsoft Azure SSO environment. The support team is quick to respond and helpful.

Cons

There are only some minor interface annoyances. When initially loading tickets and attempting to scroll down, the screen keeps rolling back to the top. This keeps happening until the page fully loads and can take an extended period of time for lengthy tickets. Service Request items cannot be alphabetized (not sure why this is "by design"). The solutions guides have limited formatting so it takes extra time to create neat and proper formatting.

Freshservice covers all our requirements for ITSM

A better, more efficient support for our customers with an 360° view over all assets, contracts and sla's.

Pros

At first, we like the modern and intuitive User Interface. Then, all our requirements about an ITSM solution are fulfilled (processes, reporting, solutions db, assets, contracts and so on). Freshservice support our administrators in the daily business. The productivity tools like the Dispatch'r or Oberserver are awesome. The daily passes are cost effective for our consultants, who do not work with Fresh every day. In short: A modern and fresh ITSM tool with a lot of really nice feature, but not too complicated and "overloaded".

Cons

Our own fields (assets etc.) can not be selected for reporting. Overall, the reporting is too inflexible. It's possible to enhance ticket and other forms with own fields. Unfortunately with no relation to the standard fields or re-use. The support is sometimes really slow and you will wait for an answer.

Dawie from Willcom

The best ticket system for SMEs on the market

I have become a FreshService evangelist in a very short time. So, I recommend this service to everyone!

Pros

The most intuitive system I have ever had the pleasure of using. The system is remarkably customizable, and you do not need a system administrator or expert to configure the customizations. It is so intuitive that any person with minimal experience on the system can figure out how to configure it to your company's needs. We have a team of 8 support engineers and they all took to the system very enthusiastically. The user interface is superb, and the company has been in the market for so long that they have literally thought of everything. If you have a unique business case, like we did, it is most probable that they have already encountered it and have an out of the box solutions. My experience with their developers was phenomenal.

Cons

The system is slightly more expensive than its nearest competitor. Which makes selling it to managers a little more difficult. But, the expense is justified. With the competitors in its market, a dedicated onsite developer is required, and installment and deployment time is 3-4 times longer. While FreshService is so easy to use, that any user or administrator can configure or change any settings, functions, workflows or processes with absolutely minimal effort. And, if you do require more assistance, 24x7x365 support is readily available and the support cost included in the monthly fee.

Chris from Synergy55 Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

Willingness to provide updates and pass ticket along to proper support channels is appreciated.

Ability to track support requests and provide some statistics to support the need for improvement in our operations as well as support/development staff has been a big plus. While there is still work that can be done to make this system more beneficial to the organization, it did not take much effort to put it in place and utilize it for the initial needs we had of reporting and categorizing our support requests.

Pros

Ease of use and mobile app functionality is excellent. Updates seem to be implemented almost weekly so it is encouraging to see the product constantly evolving and responding to user's requests for improvement.

Cons

The ability to utilize different parameters within certain portions of the site is lacking. IE: if I wanted to restrict visibility of certain service catalog items to individuals within certain departments I cannot do so; it will only allow for restriction based on groups (locations). Also, reporting on custom text fields would be a huge plus rather than only the drop down selectable fields.

Carlos Javier from Plain Concepts SLU

Awesome ITSM, but maybe too expensive

Pros

I think the incident management part is the most easy to use that I've come across. Of course it has room for improvements (e.g., some tickets get duplicated when replied by email) but it was all set-up in our organization in two days.

Cons

The user provisioning. We had to invest on coding time to synchronize users just because the sync agent doesn't let you filter by Active Directory OUs.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

We needed asset management.

John from AlphaNZ Technology Group

This product is the heart of our service delivery system

ability to capture all service work and track to a billing stage

Pros

once setup it is easy to use - the mobile app is a real advantage and work well - it is a very good package for tracking service work - the process of moving from current to resolved to closed works well. The ability to track time by service delivery person is great along with the option to add a short note.

Cons

the company information fields are very limited and there is not enough fields - it is difficult search in the company admin screen. it would be an advantage to be able to setup the first user with company info - also the telephone format needs the country code and no spaces in the phone records otherwise it will not dial off the app - there are some other problems as well but they are minor tweaks

Niki from Bytes & Pieces

FreshService - Easy to use Help Desk tool

We are using FreshService to raise support tickets for our clients, follow up and resolve all issues presented on the tickets. We use FreshService to extract monthly reports and measure our support KPIs.

Pros

I like that the product is easy to set up and customize. Once you do customization, set up SLA policies, set up your agents and clients you are ready to go.

Cons

I don't like that agents have to manually extend the due by time. If ticket goes to pending, this time it spends on pending should be added to the due by time automatically

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Because we could not get valuable monthly reports from ChangeGear.

Mark from Tulsa Community Foundation

Great support and commitment to customer driven enhancements!

Our nonprofit managed services organization converted to FreshService on June 6th of last year (2016). The setup process was straightforward and not terribly resource intensive. The standard reporting is exceptional and they just recently added a custom report and scheduling capability. We made the change because our previous vendor was not investing in their solution. That is not the case with FreshService. The product is updated regularly and some of those have resulted from our requests. I would highly recommend this solution for any internal or managed services IT organization.

Pros

The standard set of reports is exceptional as compared to our previous product and other products we have looked at. These reports provide quantitative measures of staff productivity, SLA compliance, ticket flow, and customer satisfaction.

Cons

This is not really a con but it would be terrific if the product included a customer facing performance dashboard allowing the customer to view performance metrics at their leisure. This feature would drive a level of transparency valued by many internal and external clients.

Muhammad from Privatization Holding Company

We have developed a IT helpdesk scenario using freshservice and it is comfortably working for us

better manage our users issues and change requests. a high level of communication to give our users a satisfaction during the course from when they initiate a request, its progress and its ultimate completion. We also use this tool Lesson learned and utilize the historical tickets and its resolution when we have similar issues. We use Solutions function and most of the issue resolutions and methods are defined over there for smooth execution. We use this tool to provide our management the performance appraisal for IT Department

Pros

online and highy availability - well defined working structure - clear and crisp messages and seamless integration with our Email system.

Cons

more improvements are possible if they take input of our customers in terms of feedback on new functionality. Currently feedback is limited to current service quality.

Great service desk solution, ideal for an IT helpdesk looking to implement ITIL

I'm still within a trial period, but have been extremely impressed with the software. Working in a non profit pricing is always an issue and the only real concern with the software.

Pros

So, I'm currently trialling freshservice along with a bunch of other IT helpdesk solutions and what immediately stands out about freshdesk is the streamlined, clutter free UI. It was super easy to setup and get started. Out of the box it has multi channel support, so users can send tickets via email & the included self-service portal which also provides the ability to create user documentation. It has a modern UI which makes dealing with tickets a breeze, my team are also fond of the gamification feature which turns your helpdesk into a game by assigning achievements for certain tasks. Aligns with ITIL. Built in inventory system is good and links assets to tickets.

Cons

The pricing structure can be a little prohibitive as you need to move between plans to get certain features. I could see this being a problem if you wanted to add users from other departments (who don't need all the advanced features) for some of the more clever stuff that the system can do such as on boarding new starters etc.

Simple Internal Support

Freshservice made keeping up with the requests in my workload possible. At the time of implementation I was the only member of our IT Department and after 1 year had closed about 300 tickets myself. After having brought in another person and as we're planning to grow our team even more we are on pace to handle 600+ this year. So many of those requests can and have gotten lost in email in the past, but no more!

Pros

Freshservice is simple to use as an end user submitting tickets and as an agent managing / responding to them. The automation features to automatically close tickets or assign to agents based on category are instrumental in an efficient workflow.

Cons

I feel bad even complaining about it because it's so simple to use but I feel as if the interface could use an update. It feels like it's a few years old but it allows you to get the job done and ultimately that is all that matters.

Michelle from City of Menifee

Affordable All-Inclusive IT Help Desk Solution

Pros

Integration capabilities, asset management, alerting, purchase orders, analytics, mobile app, change tracking, release tracking, problem tracking, etc. This solution has so many useful tools available. No need to purchase 3rd party solutions to make it all-inclusive.

Cons

Some bugs here and there. Limitations to self-brand your portal. Limitations to associate tickets to service requests. Gamification is severely lacking, wish FreshService could offer Kaizo gamification integration.

Elvin from Relief International

Freshservice review from RI

It's been very useful and helpful to our organization.

Pros

Ease of use, price, integration options with other applications

Cons

I wish that Freshservice sent regular reminders of what live and recorded training that is offered for the reporting and inventory options.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

We felt that Freshservice gave better options at a better price point.

Veronica from Gladstone Park Secondary College

Very simple easy to use for both an Admin user and for Requesters.

We always struggled getting teachers to log jobs with our old ticketing system, they always forgot their account details to log in. With Freshservice you are not required to create an account to put in a request, as long as the requester enters a valid email address they will receive emails with updates of the status of the ticket when ever you add notes or close the job. It was very easy to setup as well. We were able to modify the form for staff to fill out with their request and customise the portal with our school logo. You can also add your own FAQ and solutions page. Would definitely recommend for your organisation!

Pros

Unlike other service desk software, users are not required to have an account to put in tickets, they only need to put in their email address and will receive updates on the ticket as you make notes.

Cons

What I don't know like is if you have a guest admin replacing one of your regular admins you need to keep purchasing guest passes.

Emil from Bestco LLC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Love using Freshservice!

Pros

I love how easy it was to get started and a year later we are continuously customizing the HelpDesk to our needs. The Automators and options are very intuitive and I would recommend to anyone.

Cons

Reporting could be a little easier to use

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

It wasn’t providing the amount of features we need for the price.

Lisa from Labcyte Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

We love using ServiceDesk ! Much easier than our prior ticketing system.

We have streamlined our helpdesk processes considerably and provided our user base with a tool that they actual don't mind using!!

Pros

Customizable to your business. Simple data entry panels for the customers. Easy to keep track of tickets with views so you can see just your tickets, or your groups tickets. Escalation process that is built in works great for getting approvals for spend in advance. Has streamlined our efforts tremendously. Also love the private note capability so we (in IT) can assist one another with notes, but there is just one person dealing with the customer.

Cons

Would like the display a little more condensed. Would like the Project, Releases and Changes sections to have more of the features that tickets has where you can put in notes about progress, or ask others in the team for help on certain items. Wish Solutions had a better editor.. I would like to copy and paste in a fully completed Word procedure and it doesn't accept all the formatting or images.

Lynn from Arvig

1 year review of this great ticketing software

Having a proper way for our employees to submit trouble tickets to our I.T. team that are trackable and also have a running log for individual employees to look back on to see what issues they have had in the past.

Pros

Simple to use Simple to manage Easy to make changes and form to your companies needs Fast look up of prior tickets Easily manage your teams productivity

Cons

To tell you the truth I havent really seen any thus far. Its so customizable and so simple to navigate that our users have not had any complaints

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

The amount of features you got for your money

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Wrike is an ok task management software, but it is not a real trouble ticketing software.