All GAGEpack Reviews

Tony

Reviewed June 2018

Great support from this equipment management software...

Tool Management for calibrations

PROS

Easy user access to the tools and event creation. We don't use the term Gauge we use the word Tool and the easy manipulation of the separate tools or Tool Card by ID with a clear indication of calibrated and not calibrated is what we like the best. I can train a simple user in 10 minutes with finding and adding with what they need. Also support has been fantastic. Please take note of the support from the customer representative which has been excellent.

CONS

This could be user error (I will freely admit) I just not found a way to simply print several calibration Certificates for Tools that are not numbered in a sequential order at once. Perhaps if there was a check box click option for the Latest Calibration Certificate in our Tools listing what you refer to as Gauges that would be fantastic. Also I wish Vendor info (Serial number, Make, Model, was on the initial tool card instead of the Vendor tab but again neither of these issues are deal breakers.

Tony - Thanks for the great feedback! With the latest release you can now select multiple items from the History tab and right click to print the most recent Calibration Certificates. Our development team is also investigating additional customization features for Gage Cards (or 'Tool Cards' in your case). Thanks again!

Replied July 2018

Steve

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2016

Be in compliance with GagePack

I researched many gage management packages before deciding on GAGEpack and that decision was based on user interface, features, learning curve, and the outstanding customer service that PQ Systems provides. I use GAGEpack to control all measuring and monitoring instruments across our 3 facilities. Gages that are calibrated in house are performed through GAGEpack and will successfully pass internal and external audits regarding ISO17025 compliance. In addition, I also use GAGEpack to control infrastructure equipment making it easy to schedule maintenance events and repairs when needed. The robust MSA features are easy to use and provide the necessary information to make informed decisions on `what is to come in our measurement system and processes. I would recommend GAGEpack to any company who needs to gain control over their measurement system and have the confidence to be in compliance when it comes to ISO and AS auditors.

PROS

Ease of use entering gages, tracking, performing calibrations and measurement systems analysis.

CONS

Steve - Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you choosing GAGEpack and hope you continue to have a positive experience!

Replied July 2019

Serina

Reviewed July 2018

Keeps very good track of your gages

PROS

That you are able to keep track of gages and Vendors. You get notification when a vendors certification has expired.

CONS

That I can not get not notification up to a month ahead of time. When I have to request quotes from Vendors I like to start a month before due date.

Serina - Thank you for the review. We'll pass your feedback on to our software engineers and it will be considered in later updates. If you ever need help please give us a call.

Darren

Consumer Goods

Reviewed August 2016

Gagepack @ Samtec

We are a large company with many global satellite facilities. The support from Gagepack tech support has been extremely beneficial in merging capabilities and data from each location to make our communication and gaging more effective. The Gagepack system has helped merge our gaging needs into a more cohesive system.

PROS

Ease of setup, ease of use and the great tech support.

CONS

We would like to be able to give our users more editing and security capabilities among our global users. Example, we would like for our global users to be able to edit the General tab but not have the ability to affect calibration data. Another CON is the character limitations in some fields especially the NIST data field and your "storage" location.

Darren - We're thrilled to hear that GAGEpack has been helpful in creating a unified gage management system across your multiple locations. Thank you for your positive review and comments! In regards to field character limitations and security capabilities, please reach out to our Application Support team to discuss the options available for your company's specific needs. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

Replied February 2017

Josh

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

I went from using Powerway which was really outdated to using GagePack and I couldn't be happier

the benefit of this software to Kasai NA is tracking over 4,000 gauges that needs calibrated annually because without it, it would be impossible.

PROS

What I like most about GagePack is the layout of the software, it lets you do just about anything you want to do with it. Our company has over 4,000 items annually to track and calibrate whether its an internal cal or an external cal and GagePack makes it as easy as possible to do all those calibrations.

CONS

Probably the only thing I don't like is the way it prints out the reports (list's) of items needing calibrated. I wish you could change the way the report prints, but to be fair its not a big issue.

Josh - We're happy that you're enjoying your switch to GAGEpack! Our application support team would be happy to help in generating custom reports. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat). Thanks for the review!

Curt

Reviewed June 2018

We went from a 3 x 5 card system to GAGEpack. It was like moving to a new century. Great.

PROS

We have used the software for many of the features to keep track of our calibration system. This was a fantastic change from our card files of the past. After using it for a short time we found that it can be used for other items as well. We now use it for keeping track of certifications of our personnel, machine maintenance schedules, safety certifications & inspections, OSHA required inspections, and other issues. The software is versatile with a little imagination. We now have one place that reminds us of all the things we need to do and we can trust that we will not forget. This is a great system because it provides visibility even if an employee is on vacation or leaves the business. No more surprises. I have used their technical support and they are quite impressive. This is a great tool for managing our business. Highly recommended.

CONS

I really have no cons. The software has some features we do not use. It is nice to have them there, we just do not use them.

Curt - Thanks for the awesome review! Great to hear that GAGEpack has been a big improvement from your previous card system. It's been a pleasure working with you. Thanks again!

Replied July 2018

Godwin

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2018

was great and satisfactory.

great management benefit.

PROS

easy and friendly to use. I would recommend this product to any organization that uses tons of gages. Helps me keep track of all my gage product and I love the "filter" option its so powerful

CONS

too much to learn, which is not bad as nothing comes easy or cheap. its a bit tough to find the gagepack database in my computer. I

Godwin - Thanks for your review and positive comments! We agree that there is a lot to learn, but we'd like to make the learning process as smooth as possible so we offer a variety of training options - including FREE webinars: https://pq.systems/webinars To learn more about training, please reach out to us via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

Replied June 2018

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

I have been using this software for years. I have set it up from the start and updated it yearly.

Value was great. The auditors like that we use it. It was easy to use.

PROS

It has always kept me in the good grace of auditors. They know this software and trust it. until this latest update i never had trouble with anything.

CONS

They keep adding more features and making it bigger. I believe it now is evolving to be used on bigger networks. I had some data lost the first week of using the new software. Never figured out why. It hasn't happened again, yet. The software was great, when we first got it. Now i'm worried about updating it again.

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear GAGEpack has helped with your auditing process!

kyle

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Keep track

Gagepack has been a great help to our com

PROS

It is an easy software to use and figure out. With the tutorials you will be up and running in no time. It is great for tracking your product (tools) and with the built in email in the software you are able to set reminders so individuals are able to see when they have something due. The customer service is great and they are usually able to solve any problem quickly

CONS

To build some of the reports takes time. It does have some reports built into the software but I have found that I needed more than what was offered.

Kyle - Thanks for the feedback! We hope you continue to have positive experiences with GAGEpack! If you ever need help generating custom reports, please reach out to our Application Support team to discuss the options available for your company's specific needs. Application Support can be reached via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

Kyle

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Easy to use software that meets all of our needs

it was easier to use and track product than our last software.

PROS

It's easy to use. entering items into GagePack is quick and to retrieve information is just as easy.

CONS

Some of the format on the forms can not be changed. I wish we were able to edit without contacting your company to have someone to make the changes. The uncertainties feature is not as user friendly as I would like it to be.

Kyle - We're happy that you find the software is easy to use. Your comments relating to editing forms have been passed on to our software engineers. Thank you for the feedback!

Bob

Aviation & Aerospace, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

GagePack is a very versatile tool for any metrology department, large or small.

I am able to track all my calibration tools and gauges with one software.

PROS

I like the reporting the most. GagePack uses MS Access SQL as its basis for all reporting. All fields are accessible and you can extract all data you need to key in on. You can send it to the printer,or a HTML file for use with MS Office.

CONS

I would like to see a few more options in the emailing portion of this fine product. If there is nothing due in a particular department the software will send out a blank report. I would like to see nothing sent out if there is nothing due.

Bob - Thanks for the great review! We hope you continue to have positive experiences with GAGEpack!

Angelo

Reviewed January 2017

Excellent Customer Service

While trying to integrate our old system to gagepack and have it fit our specific needs, we ran into a couple of problems we couldn't handle ourselves. Luckily there was a very useful customer service direct chat I could use. They were able to go the extra mile and help us out with any issue we had. They were very patient and helpful throughout the transition.

PROS

Still learning it. The little features are what help us through a lot of the mess we usually deal with.

CONS

Again, still learning. The problem we are seeing is that the software seems to be from the perspective of a large company that may have a small cal shop and mostly send thing out for calibration. In our case we are from the opposite perspective, so it is taking a little more effort to properly interpret the software to fit our needs.

Angelo - Thank you for your review! We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding our Application Support team. To help with the process of learning to use GAGEpack most effectively, our gage management experts would be more than happy to discuss available training options. These range from custom sessions at your location, to free webinars for customers with active maintenance plans (http://pqsystems/--training) - whatever fits your organization's needs the best! To reach our team please contact us via email (support@pqsystems.com), by phone (1-800-777-5060), or online chat (http://pq.systems/pq-chat).

Replied April 2017

Carl

Reviewed July 2018

Gagepack is user friendly, accuracy keeps and tracks information, and is cost efficient.

Good solid tracking of our gaging and the ability to do gage R & R studies.

PROS

That so far the functionality, format, and user screens haven't changed dramatically. It's very similar to the previous version which made using this much easier. We used to use SQCpack but when we upgraded to the latest version, the functionally had changed so much and was not at all the same as before that we decided to switch to an excel based format.

CONS

I really do not have anything I found that I dislike yet. The features and functionality are the same as the previous version which is nice.

Carl - Thanks for the kind review! It's good to hear that GAGEpack has helped with tracking GAGEs and performing R&R studies. We're sorry to hear about your experience with SQCpack and are always willing to help with your SPC needs if you ever change your mind. We look forward to continue working with Premier!

Brian

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Using Gagepack for 4 years it seems very user friendly.

User friendly, No issues when auditing the calibration system. Very good at controlling labels.

PROS

Gagepack software is very useful covering all the latest information for our audit certifications. User access is very good. I have no complaints from my users.

CONS

Only complaints is the mult windows to use. A one page home with tabs scrolling to different areas would speed up log information times.

Brian - Thanks for the review! We look forward to continue working with Franklin Precision!

Replied November 2019

Adam

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great product

My experience with this software has been fantastic. It took me a little while to learn how to use all the features I would need but once I did it has been very useful. And the product support team has been wonderful with helping me whenever I have a question.

PROS

It is very organized and easy to use, and the product support team is extremely helpful.

CONS

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is not being able to write my own custom reports.

Dan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Great product, I was fortunate to be able to attend the two day training which really empowered me.

Makes my job easier.

PROS

Organization, history, scheduling forward and reviewing historical performance. Single license purchase price fits perfectly for any size company that needs to use it.

CONS

I wish we could afford to have more licenses. We have multiple users in a large building but only have budget for one concurrent license. I'm pushing for at least one more license, but "currently it's not in the budget"

Dan - Happy to hear you enjoy using GAGEpack! We would love to help add more licenses to your plan when your budget allows. Thanks for the review!

Ivan

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Good experience easy to keep all the gages in record and when there due for calibration

PROS

How you could see in deferent ways all the gages we have in gage pack and how you change the ways to see when things are due for calibration

CONS

The leas that I like is only when I print the label of the calibration I couldn't change the settings so the date of the calibration was done it shows on the label.

Ivan - Thank you for the feedback!

Ray