All Qualtrax Reviews

Greg

They Just Get It!

The folks at Qualtrax are passionate about their product and it shows whenever you interact with them. They are eager to help and eager to make their product better. They listen to their customer-base and make improvements and enhancements based off that feedback. That's not something you experience very much with today's technology. The people at Qualtrax just understand the importance of what you're doing.

Pros

We have been using Qualtrax since 2012 and we moved to the Hosted version of Qualtrax in 2017. Having control over every aspect of your documents lifecycle, whether hosted or not, is powerful. And Qualtrax is a powerful application. Complete control over you documents, processes, workflows, testing and training. The most exciting part for me from an administrative and IT front - this is THE most worry-free application we use. It works flawlessly and reliably!

Cons

I wish there were more video tutorials or vlogs on how to get the most out of Qualtrax (Workflows - yes please!). Qualtrax support is top notch though and they have no problems with getting what you need in a timely fashion. I just want more!

Reasons for choosing Qualtrax

After evaluating what the product can do and how that fit in to our needs...It really came down to the people at Qualtrax. They just get it!

Christy

Great Product for Managing Quality

Overall - I'm very happy with Qualtrax. I tell my lab director 'Give me two to three years to get Qualtrax purring for me than I can kick back and relax." I'm tired of being a 'clerical' QAO who spends all my time moving paperwork from the inbox to a file folder. I can see how Qualtrax will reduce the amount of paperwork going over my desk, so I can concentrate on other quality projects. Technical support is just an email away and they have been so great about getting back to me and assisting me in all my beginner questions. Qualtrax Tech support outshines any support for any other software that I've used.

Pros

Before Qualtrax, in document management, so much of my time was caught up in writing memos, marking up documents and distributing information. With Qualtrax, the system is automated for me. I can make the changes in a document, send it for the review process and once approved, my staff is informed on the changes through email. Training - I can create the training assignment once and set the training so it can be automatically assigned to a specific set of staff members each year. An email is sent to everyone assigned for the training. They complete the training and I can run a report to see who was assigned and who completed the training. The reports are easy to create and view. No more stacks of paperwork to collate and file. No more Excel spreadsheets tracking who did and didn't do the training. Supervisors can see who did what training without coming to my office. The last powerful feature of Qualtrax I'm using the most are the workflows. I can make workflows to mimic the processes we do in the lab to reduce the amount of paperwork floating through my lab. Great for showing compliance to your Quality System without the piles of paperwork. Archiving of old paperwork. It's great to archive old paperwork for the Quality program into Qualtrax so everyone who has the proper security rights in Qualtrax can see the paperwork. Empty drawers and no more notebooks in a few months.

Cons

Would like to see more videos and training documents for processes in Qualtrax especially the workflows. Their user manual is good, but so much more could be shown in a video.

Amy

User since 2011

Pros

Ease of document use Document conversion to pdf

Cons

Help guide not updated for new cloud based system

Michelle

Industry: Medical Devices

Qualtrax - A Customer's View

As anyone who has worked with Software knows, software is only half of the package. Customer support, and service comprises the other half. As much as I love the Qualtrax Software, it’s the support and employees that make your company. Every single person I have interacted with has been not only helpful, and friendly, but genuinely kind. The support we have received is stellar and I would recommend Qualtrax for that aspect alone. The site for customers to submit desired features for possible implementation tells me that you take the needs of your customers seriously; that you value our suggestions and needs, which is rare in a company. Usually companies will say they want your feedback but it’s all talk. What you have done to engage your customers in the development process is impressive. Not only did you set the site up you give us feedback on the status of our suggestions. I am truly impressed by your company as a whole. The employees that have worked to help us over the years with setup, updates, renewals and issues have been amazing, I can’t thank them enough.

Pros

The ability to customize the database to fit our needs. The fact that Qualtrax is constantly updating and striving to add features that will benefit their customers is another desirable aspect. I've never worked with a software company that was so invested in there product. Your employees take pride in the work they do and it only takes five minutes of talking with them to see this.

Cons

There are some features in regards to the workflows that fall short of allowing us to be truly compliant.

Reasons for choosing Qualtrax

We are constantly updating our product data sheets and needed the ability to customize and create our own workflows. We also needed Software that offered a Validation book, so that with each update the validation book would be available for us to use. Qualtrax offered both of these features. Only one of the other products we looked at came close to what Qualtrax offered, but at 4x the cost, with a limited ability to customize and no validation book. Qualtrax simply stood out among them as the best fit for us. I'd also like to say that I didn't feel we were getting the standard "sales pitch," there was a straight forward honesty that I truly appreciated from the sales staff that has continued to prove true with everyone I've dealt with. It was a decision I have not regretted.

Carl

Industry: Law Enforcement

Choose your Qualtrax Admin carefully!

Centralized, and standardized, the required controlled documents for our laboratory system, over 400 documents divided into about 10 operational divisions. The management of this system is now taking just a fraction of time that was required with our legacy system. The developed workflows have likewise centralized, and significantly standardized, many of our quality assurance processes. It is now far more difficult for a particular incident resolution process to become "lost in the system" than before the online workflow capability was implemented.

Pros

Extremely configurable, flexible, powerful workflows. Your realized value of the workflows will be directly proportional to the skill and dedication of the system admin(s) and the workflow designers. Document management system is a full featured system, capable of handling both controlled and uncontrolled documents, even to mixing them within a given folder, providing for a flexible, convenient integrated document management system. The system of user groups utilized by the package facilitates the flexible, easy management of controlling function authorization for all users, and visitors, on the system. Again, the design and implementation of the security groups, a function of the system admin(s) will have a massive influence on the functionality of this feature.

Cons

Data mining capabilities are limited. Massive amounts of information can be input, but accessing the information with reporting tools, such as Crystal Reports, is not robustly supported.

Automate your ISO 17025 or TNI compliance

Regulatory compliance can be complicated and resource-intensive. Qualtrax set out to simplify compliance and have produced a robust product that delivers solid value. If you are hesitant to abandon your current compliance strategy, don't be. Even the best in-house systems can't compete with their ready-to-use solutions. Adoption is quick because end users immediately see that every process Qualtrax takes over is more elegant, tidy, and traceable. There's always room for improvement and Qualtrax recognizes that. So, the company listens to the voice of the customer and they continuously work to improve their software. I don't think there is a better product on the market that comes close to Qualtrax's value, ease of use, and functionality.

Pros

Out-of-the-box document control, robust email notification system, configurable. Automates compliance management specific to individual standards. Built with ISO and TNI compliance in mind. Easy for end-users to learn, making adoption painless. Qualtrax customer support and corporate culture are the best I've experienced. The entire team is dedicated to creating a premium product that really addresses an important need.

Cons

Workflows are useful and configurable, but building them can be difficult at certain steps. More functionality would help during the creation of the workflows. Also, mining of the data stored within Qualtrax is limited and could be improved.

Kelsey

Industry: Research

Flexible, User Friendly Quality System

We have fully automated periodic review of documents and have successfully and easily integrated newly acquired sites into our Quality Management system utilizing the bulk upload and automatic approval features. We are staying compliant with competency testing through use of the training module which tracks required, completed, and incomplete training and allows expiry of training each year. Qualtrax support is always great, very response, and able to provide admin level users with great support through user forums and resource documents. We are also able to troubleshoot our own on-prem instance through access to error logs.

Pros

The flexibility of the Qualtrax software is by far the biggest selling point. The customizable and configurable workflows have helped our organization go almost entirely paper free in our Change Control, Deviation, CAPA and A/P invoice process. We are also looking to add additional workflows in the near future for software access and Action Item tracking.

Cons

There are some limitations with reporting on training matrices that are a bit frustrating as we have to manually track training curriculums.

AWESOME PRODUCT AWESOME PEOPLE

Our overall experience with Qualtrax has been wonderful! We have been users for over a decade and have watched this company evolve catering to our specific needs. Every issue has been resolved and done so in a very timely and ethical manner. The AHA site makes for a great and easy way to offer suggestions and also to receive support. Our company has had a ROI equivalent to 100's of thousands of dollars with the implementation of Qualtrax workflows. Qualtrax is a powerful tool for effectively maintaining a quality management system within your business. A few months ago the president visited our site here in northern Virginia just to check in on us. How awesome is that!!! As a customer it was very cool to see them take the time to visit our facility and see Qualtrax in action and address any concerns that we may have had. So again, our experience as a whole has been A++++!! Thanks Qualtrax for standing behind your product as well as you do!!

Pros

USER FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE Workflows

Cons

THE LOOK OF THE INBOX PAGE. KINDA BORING...

Kimberly

Industry: Veterinary

Essential Tool

I was handed the Qualtrax platform during my first days on the job and instructed to implement it across the laboratory branch system. The customer support was and is still incredible. The software effortlessly expands to meet our needs. The product development team is constantly adapting and improving the functionality of the system. One of the best gems of Qualtrax is the Users conference that even after 5 years of using the system, still allows me to expand my knowledge of the software.

Pros

Electronic reminders for due date, revisions and document reviews. Workflow module for tracking equipment, CAPAS, customer feedback and a multitude of other activities that are critical to lab management.

Cons

The calendar feature on the dashboard has never been useful

Robert

Industry: Utilities

Qualtrax Will Change How Work

Our experience with Qualtrax has been great. It has increased our efficiency in document management and employee training. Greatly decreased our audit preparation time due to efficient document management. It's been a game changer for us.

Pros

Software is very functional and user friendly. The Qualtrax team is always evaluating their product and increasing the functionality to meet customer needs.

Cons

There is nothing really to not like. Workflows are the most difficult part to learn but with a little practice, anyone can become an expert.

Tom

Industry: Chemicals

Robust & Flexible workflows are invaluable and come standard rather than as an add-on or up-sell.

This is a great company to work with. The sales process was not pushy, and they were honest and up front about what the product could and could not do, which is very refreshing for a software company. The onboarding process was great. The trainers are very skilled and personable. The follow up to questions is prompt and very helpful. Technical support is excellent. They respond in a timely manner - same day in every instance where I've needed them. Speaking to a live person who lives in the US is becoming harder and harder to find, but these guys do it! They also have an annual User's Conference, which does cost money, but is worth its weight in gold. It's limited capacity ensures you get one-on-one attention from their technical team if needed, and networking with other users proved invaluable. We were able to share workflows with other users and use their designs to implement in our own system. Very, very helpful.

Pros

I love the flexibility that workflows offer. We initially purchased the platform for document management and audit preparedness, which it does exceptionally well. We have expanded its use far beyond our quality department thanks to the workflows functionality. Nearly any process that your organization currently does on paper can be automated as a workflow. This reduces paper, eliminates the possibility of something getting lost or buried under a stack of other documents, and makes reporting a breeze.

Cons

They recently released a dashboard, but unfortunately, the dashboard does not offer click-through functionality. For example, I can see how many open items I am responsible for, as well as their status (new, approaching, late, expedited), but if I click on expedited tasks in the dashboard, I'm taken to my general inbox, which includes ALL tasks, documents, and workflows. It's a small thing, really, but it does leave something to be desired from the user perspective.

Shane

Industry: Defense & Space

The system is as good as you are creative.

Qualtrax (the company) has been nothing less than one of our top suppliers. Customer support personnel through executive management always have been available and willing to discuss accomplishments and continual improvements regarding the system. There is a constant dialog between Qualtrax and the customer regarding user experience(s). Qualtrax (the software) is such a unique and fluid product. Allowing for compliance while having the flexibility to cater a software to our business principles is exceptional. This flexibility made the learning curve far less than it could have been. The system is very user friendly and straight forward from a user perspective. The system is as good as you are creative.

Pros

Flexibility - allows you to design the system around the methods your company works Workflows Process Efficiency Accuracy Traceability Groups/Permissions Reports (Customizable) Cost

Cons

Workflows, (rearranging steps) Testing (data entry - no copy test / paste test option - redundent) Workflow file attach (lacks multiple file upload option) No incremental revision option (such as 1.1, 1.2, 1.3)

Reasons for choosing Qualtrax

Workflows, flexibility, and being honest - cost. All systems reviewed had something great to offer. However, none offered the confidence that Qualtrax could provide due to the flexibility the system offered, at an excellent price.

Reasons for switching to Qualtrax

Our company needed more and could not get it with the previous system we used.

Ranee

Quality Management System that works

Excellent! The customer service is the best I've ever had with any vendor and they always respond to my emails/calls very quickly. I was in the middle of an assessment once and could not figure out a problem. I sent an S.O.S to Qualtrax and within minutes I got a phone call back and someone on the other end helping me.

Pros

Implementing Qualtrax allowed my quality system to be paperless. Processes, sign-offs, authorizations, checks/balances, etc. can all be done through the system from cradle to grave without generating a single piece of paper. Another great thing about Qualtrax is the flexibility of its licenses. As a business that does not generate revenue, it's not possible to get a copy of everything per user so the ability to switch the licenses around and allow them to be used when needed is extremely helpful from a budget standpoint.

Cons

I am a needy customer who's knowledge and usage of the system is relatively advanced; so there are features that I would like the system to have to help facilitate my work as a Manager and Administrator. However, sometimes my "wishes" aren't in high demand by the rest of the community so I have to wait.

Rebecca

Qualtrax Review

Overall my experience has been a positive one. Our auditors are pleased, it is easy to use and convenient for keeping our many SOP's organized and controlled.

Pros

Support is ALWAYS there to help! I have sent emails after business hours and they have responded promptly, pleasantly, and most importantly, informatively! I can't say enough how great the support team is. Qualtrax works hard to keep everyone informed about their updates and new features. I have never met a team so helpful and up to date with the times. Their customer interference is beyond great, they are always happy to communicate and always respectful. We've had many audits where our customer's have complimented us on our ability to quickly retrieve documents and provide proof of training, reviews, archives, drafts, etc. We have given all the credit to Qualtrax.

Cons

It was difficult to keep up with the updates when it was the responsibility of our IT team, with how busy they are within our company. But Qualtrax has already solved this issue with the cloud sharing. Now they take care of all the updates for us!

Crystal