All Service Fusion Reviews

Reviewed March 2019

New, but VERY impressed with features for the money, and MOSTLY SUPPORT!

Again, I'm new and just started managing people in it.. but my overall feeling is I can certainly run my business on it. I'm sure some things will annoy us and we'll wish it could do this or that, but it's very flexible to a variety of service/ field businesses. We're excited about choosing it and incorporating our processes around it.

PROS

I reviewed and tested over 15 softwares to help us run our property services company, and Service Fusion was the clear winner. Although lacking in some things I would like to see, it has more in one package at a reasonable price than all the others. I'm also excited about their new version coming out. Main reason for this review though is RAVE about the support I received from CSR; I believe a manager in support I was lucky enough to get on the phone when I called in. Before I spoke to CSR, I was still very lost on how to BEST apply the software to our business needs, and this was after 2 implementation meetings with my onboarding specialist. Long story, short, I spoke to CSR for 4 fast hours as he let me talk outloud and verbalize the multiple "if this then that" scenarios I would wrestle with to make sure I was using SF in the most efficient way possible. Then, after listening intently, and putting himself in my shoes, he would work with me to find the answer. To add to the best software service I have had in years, at the end of the call, he asked me to hold as we were wrapping up 2 last points so he could say goodbye to his team as they were leaving for the day. Then, CSR spoke to me for another 30 to 45 minutes AFTER he was done for the day. Before my call with CSR, I felt like I was a 2 out of 10 on the program. After my call, I felt like I was a 8/9 out of 10. THAT is the type of support that will help us succeed with SF!

CONS

New so still finding things out, but 1 thing is there seem to be some fields that aren't that functional; more placeholders. If they were functional based on the data they contain, it would be amazing! For example, you can put how many manhours per unit of measure a service costs. However, when you ad a quantity, it doesn't calculate the manhours; it's more of just a placeholder?! Reporting could be a little more custom too. I'm hopeful some of these things are going to be addressed in V2 sometime this year, but even if they aren't, this is still a LOT of engine and features for the money.

Janine

Reviewed April 2024

Automation is KEY!

Overall, we are so happy to have software that will grow with us. In the past, we outgrew software in a matter of months.

PROS

Service Fusion has so many options that you can create; the setup is robust but worth it. Automation is key to taking care of our clients.

CONS

There are a few limitations, but the support makes it worth sticking with.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

I liked the options better than the other company.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

It was very limited, and we needed more options.

Sharlee

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

good but can be slow

often INCREDIBLY slow to load reports, refresh dispatch grid, and edit a larger job

PROS

increased efficiency with having information between office and tech smooth

CONS

so slow to load reports and dispatch and edit larger work orders.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear the application has been slow for you. Please contact support to see if there is anything they can do for you.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Very easy to use and the support is second to none

Very happy with the product. I think its fairly priced ane once the guys were all trained on it they like the ease of use

PROS

It was a very easy platform to get up and running. The Mobile and cloud function is such a great feature used by our staff

CONS

The employee access set up is a little cumbersome but once you get the feel for it it makes it a little easier to understand the layout.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

Wintac didn't offer a cloud based option. I had to leave my computer on overnight so the daily jobs can be sent. It was not a good program for field/office integration

We are thrilled to hear Service Fusion is a good fit for your business!

Tina

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Hands on use of Service Fusion

Overall, very pleased. Anytime I have ever reached out to SF for assistance, it has been a good experience.

PROS

I like that we can sync alot of stuff into Quickbooks. I know there is more that can be done but I have only been here 1 year so I am working on more critical things and then hope to learn more.

CONS

Inconsistency of syncing invoices and payments so that they match up

The cost of the product was preferable to Service Titan

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

** Please note that we had Wintac previously but it is not on the list so I had to use something else to submit this. Needed more features than Wintac had

Thank you for leaving us a review! Don't forget to check out our Knowledge Base for thousands of articles written for professionals by professionals to help you learn the software more.

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Worst HVAC software of all time

PROS

Nothing. They lie and steal with abandon. Anything to get you to sign. The answers to all of your questions will be “yes” without any regard to whether or not it can actually be done. Highway robbery.

CONS

I’ve been in the HVAC industry as an owner and consultant for 20+ years. Ive had significant exposure to just about every platform out there. Service Fusion is the WORST and MOST DISHONEST I have ever dealt with. Not by a little, by a landslide. They lied about possible integrations, what the software could do, and many other things. We had to hire 3rd party developers to try to make it work, and it was not possible. The loss on our business is immeasurable as we had to go back to what we originally had after tens of thousands of dollars in spend based on the jerk salesman’s empty promises and lies. Of course, he’s “no longer with the company” when I complained, and I’m having to work overtime just to get the account shut off let along my refund. This company is the WORST. Run away, don’t walk.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

By making a huge mistake and believing Service Fusion’s lies about what the product could do.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

Based on the broken promises and lies of Mark Garder, the salesperson who is “no longer there” after I started to complain and ask for my money back. He’s there!

Ken

Reviewed May 2024

The best decision I ever made!

The absolute best business decision I ever made. Our net profit increased at least 50% with SF. All customers information is always at our fingertips.

PROS

Scheduling, tracking, customer history and getting paid better. Everything is at our fingertips

CONS

The only thing I think could be better is service agreement scheduling and management. I also don’t like the new drop down box for receiving payments. Pictures are too slow to load.

I liked them both. The lower price is why I chose SF

Thank you so much for sharing! Service Fusion is proud to have been part of your growing business.

Todd

Great software

PROS

Everything is working great for our needs.

CONS

Initial setup support was a little shady and creating an invoice from a walk-in customer takes a while.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

Needed more functionality and an all-in-one software

We are constantly trying to improve our implementation processes. If you have any additional feedback on how we could have done things better, please contact our Support Team.

Brenda

Gilford NH

Generally satisfied. It's hard when we live on the east coast and your company is based in Texas, which is a different time zone and we seem to have to wait until 10 a.m. our time to get help.

PROS

You should write "do" above, not did (past tense like we are leaving you.) What I like most about SF is it is user friendly.

CONS

Like least, that you can't hit the back button and be exactly where you were. Everything resets. When creating a job it defaults to dispatched status instead of scheduled status. We have to change it from dispatched to scheduled. Issues with estimates, have to save as pdf to get it to print on one page. Otherwise, it prints address field separate from the details. Can be slow at times, especially when using search function.

Thank you for your honest feedback! Please use our ideas portal to submit some of your suggestions to our product and development team. Also, our support team expanded their available hours at the beginning of the year. Support is available from 7 am - 7 pm ET.

Frank

My Experience

After working with Service Fusion for 2+ years I understand that I have more to learn from it, but it sure makes certain aspects of my job easier.

PROS

Outstanding customer service. Every time I have had an issue/problem, the support has been exceptional and the problem was resolved.

CONS

The accounting side can be a little confusing especially for a novice with that side of the business.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

Pricing was a major issue but previous minimal experience at another company helped sway the decision.

Our Support Team works hard to deliver best in class support to our customers. Thank you so much for the kind review.

Carla

Reviewed March 2020

Wow, great product and great support!

We were skeptical about switching from one online program to another for our dispatch and billing needs but holy cow, so glad we did! From the beginning they have been so helpful. We can now look customers up by address, phone number, etc... We can add contacts for each job location, as many as we want, we can add service locations with notes, as many as we want... The accounting portion, unpaid invoices etc... is great. Being able to figure out what jobs haven't been billed out is simple. This program is helping us be more efficient, collect money faster and thus buy new equipment sooner. There are so many options with this program, it's truly amazing.

PROS

It is hard to say what we like most about Service Fusion because all the parts work together to help our business function at it's best. Maybe the customer support. They actually want to help us, can help us and know what they are talking about. They give answers instead of the run around, every single time without fail. It is truly amazing and compared to other programs we have used it is night and day the level of expertise and perfection.

CONS

The video tutorials. They were a bit torturous. Watching a video of a learning session that lasts a couple of hours while trying to run an emergency service company and take care of customers is asking too much.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

The program was very well thought out. Everything was considered. It seemed like the programmers didn't think any task was too much to ask, they did it all.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

There isn't enough time to explain why we switched. Main reason was jobs that require additional site visits. Every site visit sends over to Quickbooks whether it's an invoice or not. So we had hundreds of invoices in QB that the bookkeeper continuously had to ask us about, is it an invoice or just another HCP mess. Also, the Housecall Pro support community had very little knowledge of their own program. Most times we would figure out the issue before them and just got tired of training their employees.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Best Software for running a service-business available. (I would know, I've looked at all of them!)

Service fusion is the best software out there that I have seen. We used to use Smart Service and when one of their tech support agents expressed surprise that I had 8 tabs open and the software was still functioning I realized that it was a sub-par product. After that myself and our management sat through multiple software demonstrations to make sure we didn't end up with another sub-par software. Of all the demonstrations we went through, Service Fusion was, by far, the most cost effective and capable software available on the market. It runs on the internet, so we can access it from any computer or tablet without having to download any additional software. It also updates regularly, which, since it's on the web I don't have to visit each work station in the office to update software anymore, which is a huge time saver.

PROS

The most impactful features for us are all of the automatic things the software does to communicate with our customers. It emails and texts them automatically the day before an appointment and when the technician is on their way. It has the widest range of features of any service-program I've seen and it is easy to use once the system has been setup to your liking. The Service Fusion team updates the software often, so we're always up-to-date with the latest features.

CONS

The only things that could be better are: The field application for technicians. It would be easier for us if we could create and edit inspection reports in the service fusion app itself instead of having to leave the app to fill out our reports and then upload them to the job.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

The Automation, Ease of Use, Number of useful features, low price-point compared to others.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

Smart service was causing us a lot of frustration for how much time and energy we were putting into it just to make it work. It was extremely slow, had limited capabilities, and charged for services like text messaging customers which come standard with a service fusion account.

Andrew, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with our software.

Replied September 2022

Makenzie

Reviewed September 2019

Dispatch Made Easy

I really enjoy Service Fusion. It stands out among the crowd of dispatch software. Other programs I had used were glitchy and ended up causing me to spend more time fixing the problem then getting actual work done. One thing that deserves mention is SF's amazing customer service. I cannot sing his ( our tech) praises enough. This man deserves a raise, as he is always helpful, and actually interested in ME , not just work!!

PROS

My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to create/schedule jobs. The way they are displayed on the dispatch board so that I can see what is scheduled but unassigned, what has been dispatched, and what needs a follow up. I also enjoy how easy the software is for the techs and the fact that there is a space for all the information we are interested in collecting (i.e. equipment type)

CONS

The one thing I really dislike about this software is how difficult it is to just get a simple list of the VIP customers or maintenance contracts. Previously we used FieldEdge and all I had to do was simply hit "Maintenance Contract Customers" and it would list all the contracts- when they were purchased, when they expired, and if they had previously been on contract and failed to renew. I don't like the fact that I have to put in the dates what not. I just want an easy one-click button.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

Just did not compare to Service Fusion.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

It had a ton of glitches, I hardly was able to get work done on this software. NOT A FAN.

Paddy

Reviewed November 2020

Love the product but REALLY LOVE the support team - Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Extremely happy.

PROS

The communication tools for both the clients and our techs in the field. We're still learning more great features every day and experimenting. Love how they are constantly adding new features and easy explanations of how to use them. When we have questions, and we often do, the support team is amazing!

CONS

We're in the process of learning more about the great features of Fusion. There is a lot here that we're not using yet... yet.

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

The demo was top notch and looked super user-friendly. Our plumbers are out in the field and they need a really easy system in order to give our office the info we need to service our clients in the manner in which we require.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

Jonas was old-school and hard to both administer and use.

Larissa

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Interested in your money not your loyalty as a customer.

I asked very specific questions during the demo. I knew exactly what I needed and wanted in a software. I was told that their system syncs with chart of accounts in Quickbooks Online. It does not. They will not issue a refund even though I was told that their cost codes would sync with our accounts in Quickbooks. I specifically asked that question because I knew it was a deal breaker for us. I was assured that it synced easily. They do not offer a free trial and do not offer you a refund even when their sales reps lie. They also took several weeks to cancel my account after emailing and calling. I know the price seems good, but you get what you pay for.

PROS

Scheduling and Project management. It had a lot of potential. I would have rated this much higher if the company had honest practices.

CONS

Syncs to only one income account in Quickbooks. If you have more than one income account, your cost codes will not sync over. Although they told me everything syncs over in their sales pitch.

Reasons for switching to Service Fusion

Needing more project management and capabilities.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will work with our sales team to be sure accurate information is always being shared.

Replied October 2023

Martin

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Service Fusion after 1year of use

So far the experience has been good , an as d appears to get better daily

PROS

The product is good for us because we are a small family owned business that growing in the automation era. Its friendly enough to allow growth and learning. There are still a lot of functions that we are still learning to use daily...

CONS

Being able to itemize products for the field technicians...

Reason for choosing Service Fusion

Price and it has the features we use at this time.

Thank you for your feedback! We are striving to bring enhancements daily for better functionality. We hope you love what is coming this year!

Replied March 2023