All Silvertrac Software Reviews

Chuck

Reviewed December 2017

One word - Outstanding!

PROS

This product has exceeds all our expectations and our clients love the reports we prepare for them. The reports are detailed and professionally done (by the system). Actually, I lost out on a bid this past summer (solely money issue) but was called back mainly because of our reports! (and they paid me what I asked for in my bid) Also, the customer service they provide is probably the best I have ever dealt with - they patiently answer every question in terms I can understand and walk me through the process. It feels like I'm calling my own, internal help desk because they are so helpful and friendly as if they are part of your team. In addition, they offer many tutorials (video) on the site and most of the time, that's all I need but when I do need additional help, they're there for me.

Joseph

Reviewed July 2021

The quality of service has diminished...

Overall experience is good. But im starting to see and experience the decline in customer service. It used to be the main focus when I first started using the system early 2018.

PROS

The system itself is nice, could use some new features but overall we love the system and so do our clients... Customer service is good as well for the most part (not including sales).

CONS

Sales isnt so great. From what I hear they are extremely short handed. Ive been trying to get ahold of someone in sales for a week now. Tried calling the 888 number and it goes to voicemail saying no one is available. Sales team used to be the best, used to be responsive. Im unsure what happened. It's like once the company was sold to a bigger corporation the customer no longer mattered as much.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

It used to be the quality of service, but at this point im not quite sure. I might shop around to see whats out there. Someone's sales department will answer the call if S.T. wont...

Noelle

Silvertrac Review

Aside from the occasional software issues, if the client had more freedom to adjust/customize features that would be great. We wanted permission to edit reports once they were created if the guard selected the wrong property, but were told that only the software developers had that permission and they didn't want to allow clients to do that.

PROS

Silvertrac is very user friendly both at the admin and user level. Customer service was also top-notch. Our account supervisor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is amazing to work with.

CONS

The software is not very customizable and several features are not available to the clients. There were also a few instances of the app not working/crashing for all our employees.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

The cost was fair, we like the format of the reports & the color coding of issues. Also the Silvertrac team is great to work with.

Brett

Security and Investigations, 501-1,000 employees

Overall Satisfaction

PROS

It is user friendly. It holds users/officers accountable for their time and efforts.

CONS

The only downfall is the inability to create incident reports separately from the daily activity report.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac has more options, such as, GPS monitoring, pictures and checkpoints.

Robert

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Best Software

PROS

We love being able to able to see issues right away and checking the GPS data on guard and making reports.

CONS

Parking software doesn't really work with the style of security we use for the safe list.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Because the program kept crashing and didn't offer as much as silver trace.

Reviewed January 2021

Best product

My overall experience has been great any time I have a question I am able to reach someone and you all always get back to me

PROS

How easy the setup is to do as well as how much information you can input for the officers in the field.

CONS

Nothing I can think of at this time I really enjoy using this product

Better choice

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

The product saw not meeting the companies needs.

Troy

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Customer Service

This software has streamlined all the security duties into on device with a standard line of reporting with the same attributes across the platform by enabling the forms to work amongst one another.

PROS

As we have come full circle to the new wave of technology the Silvertrac software has applications that have been of great need and use in the security field. the information that is captured has streamed lined and assisted the staff in gathering accurate information and complete reports at their fingertips.

CONS

At this point the setup is easy with the help of customer service.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

Slivertrac was able to give all the information in one device across several platforms.

Tiffany

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Silvertrac Software Review

PROS

I like how I can get the officer's reports in real time, and not have to wait until the next day to receive their paper reports. I feel like I'm more in touch with what's going on from a Security standpoint.

CONS

I wish we could stop people from being able to close their own reports since we use that as an auditing process.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac was cheaper and more user friendly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome at getting us setup as well.

Jason

Security and Investigations, 2-10 employees

Silvertrac is AWESOME!

I am the owner of a security company in Arizona and after using multiple other systems I find that Silvertrac is the most affordable, easiest to customize and the customer service team is awesome (Shout out to Derek).

PROS

I like the GPS monitoring, the geofencing and the ease of use of the overall system.

CONS

It has a tendency to lock up if you accidentally switch out of it.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

Mainly the cost effectiveness of Silvertrac.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Connecteam did not have the functionalities that we needed as a growing company.

Vince

Reviewed September 2023

Shout out to [sensitive content hidden] "true asset to your company"

[sensitive content hidden] called me up because I was having issues with the Silvertrac app. He took the time to diagnois my issue and assisted me in correcting the issue. Silvertrac is lucky to have an employee like [sensitive content hidden]. I feel he is a valueable asset and should be acknowledged for his hard work and dedication to assisting customers.[sensitive content hidden] you a very much appriciated.Regards,Vince

PROS

Reporting

CONS

Setting up the QR codes

Roger

Reviewed August 2016

Improving my business with Silvertrac Software

I've identified weaknesses that I didn't know were there with my guards. Silvertrac has exposed those guards that were trying to get away with putting forth the minimum effort. My clients are impressed with the information they are now receiving. One client had in the past complained that the guards were not making rounds, I've went live with this software 3 weeks ago and since then the client has not had one complaint.

PROS

I can see when my guards are doing what they are supposed to be doing and when they are slacking. I had some employees that have become disgruntled because they are now being accountable for what they are doing. These employees are of course ones that I'm now working on eliminating from the ranks. The guards now spend more visible time in the field since they do not have to go in to the guard booth to type reports and dailies, everything is completed as they perform their duties during their shift. The majority of my guards say that they like this software because they are able to end their shift on time and not be tied down to completing reports and dailies. Silvertrac has allowed me to identify those employees who is late to work, these are the employees that don't like the program. The clients like the information they are receiving on a daily basis and the reports and dailies are waiting for them when they arrive in the office first thing in the morning. Whenever I have an issue with something in Silvertrac I send a message and within a very short time period I'm contacted and the issues are worked out, most time they are simple fixes that I had missed. Silvertrac has been very patient with me in resolving my issues while taking whatever time is needed to make sure I understand how to work around in the software. My wife had asked me why I hadn't been using this software earlier and I could only say I didn't know of it earlier. I guess you can say better late than never.

CONS

The only con I can think of and it's not Silvertrac issue but the only con is I'm just using it. Silvertrac need to find a way of getting the word out about this remarkable software and service they offer

Anastasia (Dee Dee)

Reviewed October 2016

Comstock Protective Services

As a retired Public Safety Dispatch Supervisor and IT Project Manager, I was hired to facilitate the implementation of a Communications Center for a private security company looking to expand their patrol operations. My first job was to review their existing Guard Management Software, since there were lots of complaints with the Destiny Software System they were using, and to determine if it wasn't being utilized properly or simply wasn't designed to meet the company's needs. Destiny simply couldn't meet their needs. I compared several other programs and Silvertrac was in the top for consideration. Based on our needs, the Silvertrac functionality and their proposed price, it was an easy decision. Johnny Page worked with us and patiently and extensively answered all our questions and made several on-line workshops available to show us how the system worked. Considering the monthly price, which included 90 days of 1/2 off and a 90 day 100% money back guarantee, we couldn't NOT pick Silvertrac. Their written instructions, on-line video training material and webinars made the implementation of the new system very easy. I was even able to take their Mobile App user manual, insert our company's policies and personalized Issue Types, and create a .pdf that is issued to each officer who downloads the system. Their support team is outstanding. They answer quickly and never make me feel bad even when the problem or question is based on an error I made when setting or using a module. There are blogs and webinars that I constantly refer to other managers in our office. Their company is not just a software company that decided to write a program for the security industry. It is a Security oriented company that enjoys helping other Security companies with their product and lots of diversified support. I especially appreciate the efforts they put in to always trying to make the software better meet the needs of their customers. Our company now inserts several pages of Silvertrac's sales and demo screenshots into our business proposals when presenting a proposal to new clients. I highly recommend any security company look closely at Silvertrac. It just might help you become even more successful!!

PROS

The ease of implementation and the ease of use for Communications and field units. The functionality of the software.

CONS

Looking forward to more functionality in future releases.

Reviewed April 2017

I enjoy the features and the ease of use.

Guard tracking and client notifications

PROS

I like the customizable features with regards to the property setup. I like the ease of setting up new properties.

CONS

I dont like that the officers are able to go into the barcode scanner app and can log a checkpoint scan from the scanners history. I dont like that the timeclock dialogue box pops up every time you log in. We do not use that feature. I do not like how the devices are not easily identified under device management. When trying to determine which device i need to activate and or deactivate.

Hey Andrew! A Few things: 1 - There is no need to use a bar code scanner app anymore. The scanner is built-in to both the Android and Apple Apps. This will prevent the officers from logging checkpoints from the history. 2 - We can turn off the time clock feature for you so that pop-up doesn't come up any more. 3- There is an update coming in the next 30-days that will allow you to name the devices/add notes so you can easily identify where/who they are being used by. If you have any additional questions please shoot us an email at support@silvertracsoftware.com and we'll be happy to help! On your side, The Silvertrac Team

Replied April 2017

Megan

Reviewed April 2017

Awesome, Silvertrac customer support is extremely helpful & responds very quickly.

It makes our security officers more accountable on what they do at each site. As we cannot personally supervise each and every single post/employee on a daily basis.

PROS

Reporting is simple and easy to read as we send the reports to clients. I can walk through with a client over the phone to show them how to access the specific information they need. I personally use silvertrac to bill our clients per patrol hit.

CONS

The price, which I feel is high. As a company, I feel we currently do not use the system to it's highest ability and we should utilize it for much more than tracking patrol hits. I use silvertrac to bill our clients, I wish there was a way to have the total number of hits printed at the bottom of the page so I don't have to count each one.

Hi Megan, Thank you for your feedback! Just so there isn't any confusion, Silvertrac is priced based on the number of active devices being used, not users. But we'd love to work with you to help you get more out of the software! There is so much it can do to help deliver value (tracking gas logs, supervisor post inspections, guard tours for static sites, summary reports for quarterly reviews with your clients, and much more). Let's set you up with our customer success team to get things heading in the right direction. We'll have someone reaching out to you immediately. On your side, The Silvertrac Team

Replied April 2017

Brian

Reviewed November 2020

Excellent program and even better customer service.

PROS

The ease of customizing your report categories, patrol (parking violations), GPS to monitor officers, and the over all ease of using the program. A must if you're just getting started or are looking to switch.

CONS

I don't have any cons. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me with any issues (usually is my oversite or fault) or concerns.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

We continue to use Silvertrac because it's easy to use and suits our needs as a security company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a tremendous help in assisting me with issues and has helped me with establishing patrol sites. He should be recognized to some compacity please. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

john

Great selling point!

Support is fabulous, Greg has been awesome! Always makes himself available to any questions or issues, as well as the rest of the team!

PROS

The ease of use; being able to have your employee's pick up this software so seamlessly, it was a surprisingly awesome experience. We're in an industry, where training is always needed but time, is not always your friend, so you have to be creative and proactive in finding new ways to effectively train your staff. That ultimately benefits your clients, which this software has done.

CONS

None yet, knock on wood! So far it has been the best business decision we have made.

Reason for choosing Silvertrac Software

It was a shot in the dark to be honest, it may be a strategy thing with other companies. Maybe they don't want there competitors to have this advantage, lol! This software is so good, it will literally get you new business once you explain it to potential clients. I speak from experience, it's already happened several times, no joke!

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Horrible product and customer support.

Donny

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent Customer Service!

Given that we're not using the software for its intended purpose, I have to applaud its versatility. It's a user friendly app also. Most of all, the staff makes it a worth-while piece of software. They value their customers and it shows.

PROS

Working with rep has been a fantastic experience. He's professional, resourceful, and outgoing. He doesn't just fix items that need attention, but he spends the time to explain to you root cause and how to avoid it moving forward. The app is pretty quick to load data. I seldom observe a defect, although with any software, it happens.

CONS

***Important Preface*** My company doesn't use this app for its intended purpose. It was designed for the security market. We're in waste management. I think the application looks a little dated. I feel like it may lack slightly in functionality like greater levels of report filtering and more customizable reports.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees