What are Silvertrac Software users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Silvertrac Software software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is easy to use and integrated well with what we were previously using."
  • icon"The reports are customizable too.) And customer service has been AMAZING."
  • icon"The ability to easily account for personnel, reports, and the ability to customize guard tours has been paramount for the growth of our company."
  • icon"If a guard accidentally hits the wrong title under the reported issue section they can't go back and fix it to the correct one."
  • icon"The photos are not always clear, most are blurry and unfocused."
  • icon"The method of tracking licenses does not work for us. It is difficult to find a specific license."

Browse all Silvertrac Software Reviews

• Have you used Silvertrac Software and would like to share your experience with others?

Derick

I have used Silvertrac for nearly a decade and am now currently using it for my own company.

Ease of use reporting with GPS verification. One of the biggest deterrents for guards to report a problem is how much paperwork may be involved. With the app, you take a few pictures, write a note, and your report is complete.

Pros

The reporting information is top notch. I can access officer reports from any of my devices (phone, ipad, macbook, desktop). Reports can't be deleted or modified, this is like an accountability measure for clients and I think its very important. Use of the app is pretty easy for guards. I am a huge fan of the issue monitor, I like to see what everyone is up to from a bird's eye type view.

Cons

The setup for each property, its issues, tasks and user accounts can be a bit time consuming. I wish there was a faster way to create new users, for instance, being able to import en masse from an excel sheet. However, once setup, the software works like a charm.

Peter

Very user friendly.

I an very satisfied as a customer.

Pros

The App and software is very user friendly. As an administrator the real time tracking of officers at multiple properties comes in very handy. I am able to monitor security officer's productivity or lack of activity from any location. My Silvertrac account is set up to receive automated email notifications for certain high priority security issues that I entered into the Silvertrac system. This way I always know what's happening on all my properties. I can run user shift reports for individual security officers and daily activity reports per property. There are so many cool features regarding their software, that I easily learned by just playing around within the system.

Cons

I can't find too many cons using the app. As an administrator I am able to edit security officer reports. The original report is stored within the system in order to save the integrity of the original report. You are able to submit pictures and audio clips. Maybe down the road we will be able to attach video clips from body camera footage or cell phones.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

The price, the app being user friendly, plenty of how to videos and information found easily on the internet to answer question, Silvertrac staff being easily accessible to answer any and all questions. I highly recommend Silvertrac for all your security needs.

Candie

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great Program! Could use a little improvement.

Overall experience is good. It has made us aware of some issues. I wish there was a way to search for a specific person or reference previous events for our Officers. It would be nice if we had access to a trespasser database like the parking database which would let other officers know this person has already been trespassed.

Pros

I like the availability to get constant updates or have them sent to my email so I can check them on my time. I find this is a great feature, I get to decide which issues I need to know right away.

Cons

The bugs. I don't like how it has repeat offenders. I wish it was more consistent. I understand you run into a problem every now and then. My issue is with a bug we bring up, we are informed it is fixed and it shows up doing the same thing a couple of weeks or months later.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac had a smaller onboarding and startup cost.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac was a upgrade from Officer Reports. It was more reliable and easier to use.

Bryan

You guys are great!

The customer support, although I rarely need to use it, is on point. I always get an immediate response. The instructional videos are a huge help as well.

Pros

You guys crack me up! We appreciated having you at our conference this year. This video was excellent! Silvertrac is so simple to use. I was actually logging in when this window popped up. It takes me only a couple of minutes to run reports for my clients. The software is intuitive and easy to use. I never have issues with pulling data on my pc or collecting data from a mobile device. Silvertrac is simple, yet substantial. It has everything I need and is not intimidating to learn or navigate through. Great job!

Cons

I know that you all are working on more compatibility with Apple. We use these devices exclusively and it would be great to use the GPS tracking checkpoints instead of the QR codes.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

There was way to much going on with TrackTik's software. Way too many options. The interface was cluttered.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

The technological advances that have been made since the Guard1Plus tour system came out made Silvertrac a no-brainer. GPS, photos, videos, real time reporting...of course I want that!

Joseph

Industry: Security and Investigations

The quality of service has diminished...

Overall experience is good. But im starting to see and experience the decline in customer service. It used to be the main focus when I first started using the system early 2018.

Pros

The system itself is nice, could use some new features but overall we love the system and so do our clients... Customer service is good as well for the most part (not including sales).

Cons

Sales isnt so great. From what I hear they are extremely short handed. Ive been trying to get ahold of someone in sales for a week now. Tried calling the 888 number and it goes to voicemail saying no one is available. Sales team used to be the best, used to be responsive. Im unsure what happened. It's like once the company was sold to a bigger corporation the customer no longer mattered as much.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

It used to be the quality of service, but at this point im not quite sure. I might shop around to see whats out there. Someone's sales department will answer the call if S.T. wont...

Jessica

Industry: Security and Investigations

Awesome Software, Awesome Staff!

Over extremely happy with the software I always tell potential clients that SilverTrac is my favorite tool that Vet-Sec uses! Greg is AMAZING!!! Always helpful and available when we need him the most!

Pros

What I like most about SilverTrac is the clean user-friendly interface! When I have to show a client or a potential client SilverTrac that is the first thing that they point out. We like how easy for them to get the information that they need.

Cons

At times I would like to see more ability to customize options, for example, if we only patrol a property 2 times a month there is no way to have a report send only when there is data available.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

I believe it was used as a comparison, I think our intentions were always to go with SilverTrac.

Ismael

Industry: Public Safety

Amazing Product

Silvertrac has been an immeasurable investment for us. It has given our company the ability to compete with, and provide a superior guard service. It allows our officers to shine. +Small business.

Pros

Ease of setup, endlessly customizable to your needs. Great asset with time management for Personell. Allows operators to showcase team movements, and management of said team.

Cons

Payment portal is not linked to individual admin panel.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

The cost of silvertrac was more affordable, and overall a better product/service. Whereas Traktik is more of a product with little to no service.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Teamsoftware ruined the small business feel of lighthouse...

james

Supervising your Security Team has never been easier

Overall, I highly recommend this product to any Security company. Between the ease of use and fantastic customer service, it adds so much value to my company's product.

Pros

The software is easy to use and customize to your needs. The reports are fantastic. Very Professional looking and my Clients LOVE them. The accountability is a big selling point for new clients

Cons

can be glitchy at times- GPS markers dont always show up when updates are made.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

Ultimately, The customer service sold me. it is top notch and always available.

Clinton

Industry: Security and Investigations

Amazing Software and even greater Customer service.

My clients love the fact that they can log into the system and review reports anytime.

Pros

Geofencing is not included with this software. I would really like to see that added

Cons

I love this software its better than trackforce or anything else out there

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Track force is very expensive and service is terrible

Charles

Industry: Security and Investigations

Silvertrac is a gamechanger!

From customer service to sales, we never felt that we were being pressured to buy any of the product line. The expertise that the team at Silvertrac has is awesome! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset for us and we look forward to extending our partnership with Silvertrac in the future!

Pros

Silvertrac is user friendly and comprehensive enough for both the client portal, as well as the user portal. The ability to easily account for personnel, reports, and the ability to customize guard tours has been paramount for the growth of our company.

Cons

We would like to see descriptors for the issue types so that guards are able to differentiate between what constitutes for a level 1-3 report.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

Our company was in need of comprehensive and customizable software and Silvertrac delivered.

Ruthie

Industry: Security and Investigations

Comprehensive Reporting At It's Best!!

Since including the Silvertrac in our bids, I find that a level of energy rises. Explaining that not only can they keep a historical account of security items, but also utilize the Maintenance Module as a Risk Mitigation Tool and possible save money to our clients. We have found more success in our presentations. Most of our sites have only one or two officers during sporadic times and therefore not feasible to keep a supervisor on site. This system has helped us to manage our employees without having supervisors on site. Our reporting has been so comprehensive that has been frequently used in court hearings.

Pros

When presenting a bid for services, it is a great pleasure to show our Silvertrac Reporting system because it's an easy sell as so much bang for your buck! My enthusiasm becomes infectious as I describe all three modules encompassed, Security, Parking and Maintenance. My more detail oriented property managers get super excited to know that they can sign in and view real time reporting. I love that we can incorporate pictures and audio. If a specific issue catches your attention, the issue numbers are quick links to view, print and even email the a full report of the issue. The system is so user friendly. However, for those who may be less tech savvy, the customer service is excellent! Not only do they make it easy to ask them questions or report concerns, but there are quick links on each page that take you directly to a support website for that given page and topic. The website details how to do something and even provides video for visual learners. Additionally , should you need to talk to a live person to guide you through, a Customer Care Manager is at your disposal. With these resources at your fingertips anyone can become and expert and optimize usage in no time! As much as I enjoy using this system, I am even more excited to see there are some big changes coming in the very near future that will make the system even better. I sincerely encourage anyone looking for this type of software to consider Silvertrac. It is, in my opinion, truly the best!

Cons

It was super easy to write about the Pros and even ran out of space describing what I like! I was hard-pressed to come up with Cons. However, there are currently a few issues. First, when utilizing the software support website, I find that it is out of date. The pictures and video show earlier versions of the software and it can be confusing. Secondly, When an issue is assigned to an officer, that officer is the only one who can leave notes on open issues. It cannot be reassigned to the next officer working the site. Additionally, If we wanted all officers to make notes on BOLO items, it is not possible at this time. Sometimes, on our one man posts, we have officers who try to cheat the system and sign in and out but then leave the site. Currently, there is no way to tell in the GPS tracking unless they enter activity. HOWEVER.......Remember when I mentioned the "big changes" in the Pros section? Each of these issues are being addressed and changed to accommodate these shortfalls. The changes will be coming at the end of this month. Therefore, this will be become pretty much the perfect software.

Roger

August 2016

Improving my business with Silvertrac Software

I've identified weaknesses that I didn't know were there with my guards. Silvertrac has exposed those guards that were trying to get away with putting forth the minimum effort. My clients are impressed with the information they are now receiving. One client had in the past complained that the guards were not making rounds, I've went live with this software 3 weeks ago and since then the client has not had one complaint.

Pros

I can see when my guards are doing what they are supposed to be doing and when they are slacking. I had some employees that have become disgruntled because they are now being accountable for what they are doing. These employees are of course ones that I'm now working on eliminating from the ranks. The guards now spend more visible time in the field since they do not have to go in to the guard booth to type reports and dailies, everything is completed as they perform their duties during their shift. The majority of my guards say that they like this software because they are able to end their shift on time and not be tied down to completing reports and dailies. Silvertrac has allowed me to identify those employees who is late to work, these are the employees that don't like the program. The clients like the information they are receiving on a daily basis and the reports and dailies are waiting for them when they arrive in the office first thing in the morning. Whenever I have an issue with something in Silvertrac I send a message and within a very short time period I'm contacted and the issues are worked out, most time they are simple fixes that I had missed. Silvertrac has been very patient with me in resolving my issues while taking whatever time is needed to make sure I understand how to work around in the software. My wife had asked me why I hadn't been using this software earlier and I could only say I didn't know of it earlier. I guess you can say better late than never.

Cons

The only con I can think of and it's not Silvertrac issue but the only con is I'm just using it. Silvertrac need to find a way of getting the word out about this remarkable software and service they offer

Tom

Industry: Security and Investigations

Will be a good fit for most security opperations

Overall I would recommend this product to any mid-size security company trying to streamline Operations and employee tracking.

Pros

silvertrac offers a wide variety of features that will work for most security operations. the customer service has been outstanding since day one.

Cons

like most of the security software companies in the market today after hours support is challenging. before purchasing this product make sure that the report will meet your customers needs, as the reports are relatively Limited in this software.

Price and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

ease-of-use and guard tracking.

Anastasia (Dee Dee)

Comstock Protective Services

As a retired Public Safety Dispatch Supervisor and IT Project Manager, I was hired to facilitate the implementation of a Communications Center for a private security company looking to expand their patrol operations. My first job was to review their existing Guard Management Software, since there were lots of complaints with the Destiny Software System they were using, and to determine if it wasn't being utilized properly or simply wasn't designed to meet the company's needs. Destiny simply couldn't meet their needs. I compared several other programs and Silvertrac was in the top for consideration. Based on our needs, the Silvertrac functionality and their proposed price, it was an easy decision. Johnny Page worked with us and patiently and extensively answered all our questions and made several on-line workshops available to show us how the system worked. Considering the monthly price, which included 90 days of 1/2 off and a 90 day 100% money back guarantee, we couldn't NOT pick Silvertrac. Their written instructions, on-line video training material and webinars made the implementation of the new system very easy. I was even able to take their Mobile App user manual, insert our company's policies and personalized Issue Types, and create a .pdf that is issued to each officer who downloads the system. Their support team is outstanding. They answer quickly and never make me feel bad even when the problem or question is based on an error I made when setting or using a module. There are blogs and webinars that I constantly refer to other managers in our office. Their company is not just a software company that decided to write a program for the security industry. It is a Security oriented company that enjoys helping other Security companies with their product and lots of diversified support. I especially appreciate the efforts they put in to always trying to make the software better meet the needs of their customers. Our company now inserts several pages of Silvertrac's sales and demo screenshots into our business proposals when presenting a proposal to new clients. I highly recommend any security company look closely at Silvertrac. It just might help you become even more successful!!

Pros

The ease of implementation and the ease of use for Communications and field units. The functionality of the software.

Cons

Looking forward to more functionality in future releases.

Frank

Customer service

This program has enabled my company to have a professional format to present to the clients of what my staff is encountering on their properties. They can see what there paying for.

Pros

My company has been using this program for about 3 years now and we have had very good results. The attentiveness and knowledge of the customer service staff. they have always provided a solution and answer to my questions. The video tutorials are very helpful and complete. the intuitiveness of getting started on this program is excellent. I highly recommend this to program.

Cons

One feature of the reporting is that i would like to see is the ability to separate the issues i.e. getting a report of say just one issue from all of my locations (contracts). in order to get a accounting of what my staff deals with the most.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

This program is very similar to a program that i used as a police officer. That program was called Spellmin Millennium, so I already was familiar with a reporting system and wanted to get a similar one to assist me in collecting and recording my staffs daily tours and of course to account for there activities and show my clients what is happening on there properties in real time

Response from Silvertrac Software

Great news Frank! We pushed out an update today that will allow you to pull daily and summary reports by issue type! Your customer success manager will be reaching out to get you introduced to pulling the new report.

Replied August 2019

Arthur

Nothing else like it!

Silvertrac is night and day compared to the traditional pen and paper reporting system, which does not allow for such critical documentation components as time and date stamped photos and checkpoint scan times, location, date, etc... The biggest benefit of Silvertrac is being notified of security, maintenance, and parking issues in real-time. This allows for our client's to respond in a timely fashion to any urgent issues.

Pros

Silvertrac has dramatically changed the way we operate as a security company. Silvertrac allows us to have a direct insight into all of our guard's activity and ensure our quality of service is being executed each and every day. Since partnering with Silvertrac our business has expanded year after year. This is due to our client's being impressed by the sophistication and documentation capabilities of Silvertrac's reporting software. Further, the ability for our guard's to scan checkpoints ensures all 'hotspots' of the property are being thoroughly patrolled and secured. The notes section for each property has also cut down on training time, as all important notices, areas of interest, policies, rules, procedures, etc... are readily​ available to all new team members.

Cons

Not a severe issue... depending on your preference but as an Apple consumer, their Apple version could use some updates. Their Andriod version is seamless and responsive. Luckily, all of our work phones are Andriod.

Jason

June 2016

ALERT Protective Services review of Silvertrac

Proposal was excellent, as was explanation of how the software worked. After evaluation, we quickly decided this would be a good fit for ALERT, even though our use of the software is a little different from a typical Silvertrac client. ALERT uses the software 85% of the time from a fixed location as a "dispatcher profile" - officers at a fixed post using a Windows PC, and accessing and creating an issue report via web browser interface. It works well this way for 90% of reports. The other 15% of use is the typical smartphone or tablet interface, via the Silvertrac App. The App itself works VERY well and we've gotten good feedback from clients.

Pros

Ease of use by officer personnel. Ease in reading reports as they are disseminated by email. Ease in seeing information at a glance via Issue Monitor and basic trend reports. DAR recap is also very good, providing clients with at a glance information. Of advanced functionality, the AUTO REPORTS function (auto DAR in particular) feature is GREAT and must have.

Cons

Given we use the software via web browser 85% of the time, the lack of ability to add a picture to a report from the initial issue creation stage is a con. I'd like to see this change, as this would be a perfect scenario for us, given how we use the software in gated community and high rise condo security applications. The only confusing part for clients, as we use the software: the "click here to see" statement at the bottom of initial issue report emails. 98% of our clients do not want nor have time to go into detail when viewing a report. They want the report informaiton via email... and that very typically has all the info they need. I'd like to see functionality to remove that statement as a customize-able feature. Finally, the basic trend reports are great (top 10 issues, types of issues, by table). I'd like to see the functionality to turn these numbers directly into bar/line/pie charts -- OR, to export them to Excel (instead of only PDF), so we can create our own charts for clients.

G. T.

Industry: Security and Investigations

It has been a force multiplier and has helped our company grow

Over all the software has been a force multiplier and has brought a platform to make our company the most valued, efficient and productive to our customers.

Pros

The ease of implementation (It took less than a week for our employees to become proficient) and the overall accountability features the software has built into it. It makes it easy to identify those employees who go above and beyond and those those who put your customers and contracts at risk. The flexibility to engage and inform our customers of our services, which has substantially increased our company's value to them.

Cons

The administrative side of this product can only be accessed through the internet, while the field operations are run through a cell phone application. I would like to see a Silvertrac app that could facilitate administrative functions with the same ease and flexibility as the field operations app.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

I field tested three separate security applications and software over a three month period. I found that Silvertrac was not only the most intuitive platform I tested, but it was the most cost effective of the three to implement. For me, Silvertrac was the easy choice.

Industry: Security and Investigations

I enjoy the features and the ease of use.

Guard tracking and client notifications

Pros

I like the customizable features with regards to the property setup. I like the ease of setting up new properties.

Cons

I dont like that the officers are able to go into the barcode scanner app and can log a checkpoint scan from the scanners history. I dont like that the timeclock dialogue box pops up every time you log in. We do not use that feature. I do not like how the devices are not easily identified under device management. When trying to determine which device i need to activate and or deactivate.

Response from Silvertrac Software

Hey Andrew! A Few things: 1 - There is no need to use a bar code scanner app anymore. The scanner is built-in to both the Android and Apple Apps. This will prevent the officers from logging checkpoints from the history. 2 - We can turn off the time clock feature for you so that pop-up doesn't come up any more. 3- There is an update coming in the next 30-days that will allow you to name the devices/add notes so you can easily identify where/who they are being used by. If you have any additional questions please shoot us an email at support@silvertracsoftware.com and we'll be happy to help! On your side, The Silvertrac Team

Replied April 2017

Greg

Industry: Security and Investigations

Silvertrac Software has been a major reason our clients are referring us to other clients.

The biggest benefit for us has to be our clients referring us to other customers based on Silvertrac. Our company has grown by over 100% each year since using Silvertrac. Some of our core values are accountability and transparency. Silvertrac is our biggest tool in helping us meet and exceed our values on every service delivery we are involved with.

Pros

One of our biggest selling points is our transparency and accountability. Silvertrac gives us that platform to drive home these two traits of our company. Our clients appreciate the ability to see what our guards are doing in near real time and ensure we are meeting our conformance standards. Additionally, the automated reports the system generates for our clients has been extremely favorable. Customer service has been nothing short of excellent. I can always get an immediate response when I am having an issue or even a question regarding the capabilities.

Cons

The time clock feature appears to still have glitches in the feature and we have not been able to completely rely on this function.

Sam

Industry: Security and Investigations

My overall experience for the last 4 years has been really positive.

Pros

Ease of reports and the functionality to email automatically to clients with pictures attached. This is a really user-friendly product that both clients and employees can pick up very quickly. I really enjoy your support at well specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has always been an amazing help to us.

Cons

I do not like the fact that there is really limited customization as far as reports. If I could create my own reports that would be amazing. Also, if there is no data in the reports I would like it to not send anything. We have many clients that only do service 3 rotating days per week and it is difficult to run and send automatically without making them click every report and if no data they move on.

Reasons for choosing Silvertrac Software

I was not involved in the decision for that, but I believe after seeing some other products that Silvertrac is the best.

Megan

Industry: Security and Investigations

Awesome, Silvertrac customer support is extremely helpful & responds very quickly.

It makes our security officers more accountable on what they do at each site. As we cannot personally supervise each and every single post/employee on a daily basis.

Pros

Reporting is simple and easy to read as we send the reports to clients. I can walk through with a client over the phone to show them how to access the specific information they need. I personally use silvertrac to bill our clients per patrol hit.

Cons

The price, which I feel is high. As a company, I feel we currently do not use the system to it's highest ability and we should utilize it for much more than tracking patrol hits. I use silvertrac to bill our clients, I wish there was a way to have the total number of hits printed at the bottom of the page so I don't have to count each one.

Response from Silvertrac Software

Hi Megan, Thank you for your feedback! Just so there isn't any confusion, Silvertrac is priced based on the number of active devices being used, not users. But we'd love to work with you to help you get more out of the software! There is so much it can do to help deliver value (tracking gas logs, supervisor post inspections, guard tours for static sites, summary reports for quarterly reviews with your clients, and much more). Let's set you up with our customer success team to get things heading in the right direction. We'll have someone reaching out to you immediately. On your side, The Silvertrac Team

Replied April 2017

Elizabeth

Silvertrac has definitely helped us with customer retention and employee accountability.

see survey responses

Pros

The best thing that Silvertrac has done for us is RETAIN CUSTOMERS. The GPS tracking and timestamped photos has definitely built credibility into our services. Also, makes it easy to verify "lone officer" posts with photos, timestamping, and GPS tracking reports. And, the ease of use and easy to train new personnel on the system. Within a few minutes any employee who uses a mobile device can learn Silvertrac in a few short training minutes. There are more pros, but these are my top 3. We cannot see our business without it!

Cons

It's not a deal breaker, but some upgrades or updates are not as quick as would like to see - especially the device maintenance. If you have more than a couple of devices, the system makes device management a bit nightmarish when trying to figure out which devices to activate and de-activate - this has been my only pet peeve with the system in over a year - and we still cannot give a user defined name to each device for easy and quick identification.

Brett

Overall Satisfaction

Pros

It is user friendly. It holds users/officers accountable for their time and efforts.

Cons

The only downfall is the inability to create incident reports separately from the daily activity report.

Reasons for switching to Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac has more options, such as, GPS monitoring, pictures and checkpoints.

Alex

Silvertrac

Very great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always there to help with any questions

Pros

The ease of use is the best part. Also the customer service is awesome.

Cons

Theres nothing that I don't like. I think a lot more needs to be added/adjust. Ex: Instead of having the minimum issue alerts per hour, we should be able to adjust the time to half an hour etc. If I'm a guard and want to go to sleep I hit the minimum issue requirements at the top of the our and the bottom of the next hour and I would be ok to go sleep. On the ops side we are looking at so many locations that it would be difficult for us to catch that and keep track of it

Silvertrac Software