All Tikkit Reviews

Cindy

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Property Management

Prior to using Tikkit, our property management tenants would email a request to be assigned by management to the appropriate department or vendor. Sometimes emails would get lost in an inbox or forgotten. Now with Tikkit, we are able to keep our work order system more organized and assignments and accountability more defined. We also are able to track in one place our preventative maintenance and tenant work orders. It is a great tool for efficiency.

PROS

This software is easy to learn and use and provides mobile phone notifications with the option to reply directly to the submitter via mobile email instead of having to log-in to a web browser separately.

CONS

It lacks the option to print or export reports on tracked asset inventory. If that were in place, I'd call the software perfect for our needs.

Reasons for switching to Tikkit

The previous software was more expensive and not as easily scalable to our smaller operation.

Amanda

Reviewed February 2018

Excellent! Incredibly easy to use, a world of difference from our last program!

PROS

It is so easy to use, whether it be on your cell phone or computer. I think my favorite part is the ability to keep ongoing notes and internal conversations about work orders... so many times a tenant has reached out about a re-occurring problem months down the road and it makes things so much easier for everyone that you are able to search key words and find notes on the issue to spark your memory. I also love how easy it is to make a change to your property info. for instance, if one tenant moves-out and another moves-in to the same space you can easily edit the names/info. Or add a tenant name and suite number... which has made a huge difference in how work orders are handled... It gives you the perfect opportunity to customize the properties, allowing the PM and Engineer to decipher between the many different spaces & work orders and addressing the situation the best way possible. As mentioned above, this program is a night and day difference from our last program, I would NEVER go back! To sum it up, I absolutely love this Tikkit!

CONS

These cons are minuscule opposed to the Pro's of the system, just little things I wish were a bit more user friendly: 1) I wish you could customize the "Assign to staff" portion. It gives you 5 options to easily click on right off the bat & they are in alphabetical order... the last button on the screen is "more", where you click for a drop down menu... 4 out of the 5 staff members on my page I have **never** assigned a W/O to and it's a little more time consuming having to go through the drop down menu each time. In a perfect world I would love to customize it with the Engineers that I assign W/O to daily. 2) I wish you could drag and drop an image into the work order for time saving purposes, rather than searching on the computer/desktop for the image and attaching it that way. 3)In our work order meetings we pull "all open requests" up on the large C.R. screen to review and often say that we wish the side bar on the left of the screen would disappear or could be minimized some way to created more screen visibility or add more columns instead. 4) Also in W/O meetings, we wish you could click on an open W/O to view the discussion & that it would open in a separate window. How its set up now it takes you to a new screen and when you try to go back you cant and you have to start from the beginning again. 5) We wish there was a way to to set up an alert for certain categories so we know if a W/O hasn't been closed out for a certain amount of time.

We love knowing you find Tikkit so easy to use and helpful in addressing tenant requests. Thanks also for the helpful feedback! Drag-and-drop attachments, stale request alerts, and custom staff assignment lists are on our list, and we'll let you know just as soon as each of those updates have been made.

Replied February 2018

Stephen

Reviewed March 2017

Maintenance Operations Manager

Things worked great until we added a second location. Without knowing that it would be an additional cost to add locations, it has been some what challenging dealing with the different property managers.

PROS

Ease of use for the end user. No passwords needed and quick and easy way for them to create request.

CONS

Paying to add locations. Seemed a bit odd that I received a proposal to add a second location. If I would have known that up front, I probably would have used another vendor. My intentions are to continue growing our HOA base and will require multiple location to do so.

Hi Stephen, thanks for the thoughtful review and our sales team is making efforts to make the per Staff User (Occupants and Vendors always free) or per Location pricing options even more clear and simple. List pricing is available online as always | https://gridium.com/products/building-operations/pricing/

Replied April 2017

Jack

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2016

Don't tell my wife!

I'm a facilities supervisor and I use Tikkit to assign work to my crew. I was looking for something simple that would dispense work and also track/organize past work. I knew if the product wasn't easy to use we wouldn't use it no matter how many bells and whistles it had. It needed it to be streamlined or my crew would complain that it was only making them do more work. We've been using it for I guess a couple months now and so far it works great. Everybody can even enter there own work orders and that way their good deeds don't go unrecognized. I'm keeping this a secret from my wife, if she knew about it I'd have a long to-do list.

PROS

-It's mobile sitting right there on your phone traveling with you. I don't have to go back to my computer. I can add something at anytime even if I suddenly remember something on the weekend. -When someone is out sick the rest of us can instantly see what jobs they had that needed to be done. -By pushing a few buttons I can immediately know if someone is falling behind on there work load -The ability to add pictures is very useful. -Everybody can enter a work order -One thing I'm really happy about is that there have been no complaints -

CONS

-Closing an item is clunky. The 'check' that you press once opens the work order and my guys make a comment and then you press 'done' and then you press the 'check' again and it asks you why you are closing the items and so you tell it again and then you press 'close'. It appears that you should press the 'check' button twice to go directly to the 'reason for closing' box. -Not much else, I pretty much like how it functions

Hi Jack and thanks for the great feedback! No, we won't tell your wife ;)

Alice

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Tikkit has streamlined our work order system tenfold, making the process quicker and more efficient.

PROS

1) Entering work orders is quick and easy. 2) Giving our building engineers the capability of using the program in the field has decreased my work load dramatically. 3) Easy to track the progress of any work order via notes and timer. 4) Being able to condition the reports and set up different views makes it easy to narrow my focus for quick reference. 5) Search functionality is SUPER for both open and closed Tikkits.

CONS

1) It would be nice to see who the Tikkit is assigned to on the email that is generated. 2) Having a collapsible side bar on the left side of the screen would be handy but we have created a work around in the meantime for our meetings. 3) Being able to shrink or widen the columns to allow for less or more detail when viewing "All Open Work Orders" screen would be helpful for work order meetings.

Great to know, Alice, that getting things done with Tikkit is quick & easy!

Replied July 2019

Scott

Commercial Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Best work order system I’ve ever seen

TIME!!! Time is money in every business and I can’t imagine a quicker system for managing work orders.

PROS

I get my tickets within seconds of them being entered into the system. No time is wasted on phone calls or other messaging to simply let me know that I have a new ticket. Many times I am already done with a work order if somebody calls to tell me that they put it in the system. I can also customize my screen to maximize the most important information I need to see relative to me competing or managing a work order.

CONS

The Tikkit system is so user friendly, I haven’t found a flaw yet

It's great to see, Scott, that Tikkit is saving you time!

Replied July 2019

Jimmy

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Making our daily working lives easier to manage and control

Manage all our properties in one place and better record keeping.

PROS

The application is fairly simple to use. Tenants and vendors have little to no difficulty understanding how to use the system. Recently implemented, receiving text notifications for new and current open tikkit request has made our properties much easier to manage even on the go. The customization of skills and trades for vendors is a great feature. I'm sure with time more feature will be added and we look forward to it.

CONS

There are some miner bugs like vendor names are incorrect (when assigning) from what was imputed initially. One of our closed location still shows up when entering a new tikkit request. Would like to see tenants receive and auto reply email of received when a new request is entered. Nothing major, but I'm sure these will be fixed in time.

Jimmy-thank you for the review, and we love to see you and your tenants and vendors finding Tikkit easy to use! We also appreciate the notes on new features and ways to make the application even better.

Replied October 2017

MD

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

An everyday essential

Overall other than a few technical issues I have had Tikket is a great software to use.

PROS

My job has a lot to do with work orders so to have a easy to use software is great. The mobile features are also amazing. Its great being able to work on the go. Tikkit makes my life way easier.

CONS

The software has felt clunky at times for me. I don't know why but at times the software will move at snails pace when it is usually fast. This is not a frequent issue however.

Kat

Real Estate, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2016

Kat Keepin' it Real

I haven't worked with a lot of work-order systems, but from what I've seen, a lot of them have a tendency to be very complicated. They require too many fields to be filled out and it makes creating a work order a very tedious task. in my role, I am constantly doing something, so I don't have time to spend too many precious minutes making a work order.

PROS

It's intuitive, easy to use and simple. That's the best part about Tikkit. It's straight-forward and user friendly. I don't think you would have to have much computer/user experience to understand how this works, which is great because not everyone is very tech savvy.

CONS

No capability to run reports. No ability to sort old work requests by the date is was created, no ability to delete attachments that have already been added to a work order.

Kat! Reports are live and we've upgrade views to allow custom column selections, including date created (and you can now rank the lists based on the new date column). And attachments can now be deleted, too! The new "Files" section of the work order makes this easy. Thanks for the great feedback.

Diana

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2017

Great product

I love your product. Our team is using it efficiently and even though a lot of my team members are not versed with computers they have expressed how user friendly Tikkit is. In the future, it would be great to see an option of interfacing or emailing or messaging contractors and so forth but have that option available to admins vs all users. Thank you.

PROS

it is extremely user friendly.

CONS

we do not have the option to delegate a task to a subcontractor or a contractor.

Hi Diana, and we love working with you, too! Customer Support will be reaching out to you with tips on the Vendor Management features now available. Messaging contractors is easy!

Replied April 2017

Rob

Reviewed May 2018

The Tikkit system has been very helpful in improving our customer relations.

Simply put, better communication with our clients.

PROS

I like that it is easy to use. Our clients have not had trouble using it once they get their log in established. They can easily upload the issues they are having and provide pictures. It truly helps make our job easier. it is also easy to use on the administrator end as well. I also like that it is the same across different communities. It makes it easier as the administrator to function.

CONS

I thought about this the other day. I would like to have an email sent to the vendor or person it is assigned to when a due date is approaching. I think this would help the vendors get the work done quicker. Unless I am missing something, right now it does not send an email reminder.

Rob, we're delighted to see that Tikkit has improved client communication! Thank you for this feedback.

Replied December 2018

Danielle

Reviewed April 2018

Great price for what you get

LOVE THIS SYSTEM

PROS

Love this system and the customer service support. They can customize the site to your companies needs and wants. Easy to use and love the chat option you can use.

CONS

Wish the system kept track of inventory and could send use reminders are things that are expiring soon. Great site though

Thanks Danielle, it's motivating to us to know our users love Tikkit!

Replied May 2018

Rachael

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Our Best Organizational Tool!

PROS

We searched for years for a ticketing system that would not only provide our company with accountability tracking tools but also our clients. As a property management company, we were sold on software that consistently integrated accounting and cost factors which created more work for our staff and our clients and included unnecessary information. While Tikkit does also provide this, we are able to achieve what we've been looking for without it. It truly simplifies our service department and gives our clients the most current updates on their requests. We could not be more happy with the product!

CONS

I wish I found it sooner! Our workload would have been half!

Rachael, we're thrilled to know Tikkit has saved your team so much time and about the improvements to your team's organization it has helped unearth. Thank you for the feedback!

Replied December 2018

Fergus

Reviewed November 2017

Tikkit allows our staff and customers to review and contribute to claim resolution.

Increased customer satisfaction

PROS

The fact that we can receive and distribute new claims from our phone is a time and money saver for our company.

CONS

Sometimes the sign in process takes a little longer than I would like but over all I've no real complaints.

Fergus, it's great to see Tikkit is saving timing and money! Thanks for the feedback.

Replied November 2017

Randy

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2016

wholly interactive

from my first Phone call from Boyd in response to a website free access demo to the final deployment it has been exceptional, over the last year we have had a few phone calls from Gridum asking how can we be better and I have seen changes reflecting the feed back , " a company that listens" . eh!!!!

CONS

it would be nice if it intergraded with our financial/ maintenance software

Randy, appreciate the feedback and accounting software integration is on our product roadmap. Some customers use our current API to link Tikkit with other maintenance systems. Thanks!

Gloria

Hospital & Health Care

Reviewed January 2018

Easy, simple, and used every day!

PROS

- Easy for non-tech savvy team members to use - Simple process to customize portal - Printing work orders with required signature form for Maintenance

CONS

- Vendor portal is not as effective as it can be. The vendor should be able to communicate more than Job accepted and commented. Some vendors don't want to use it because they end up having to write out all of the details and it's not a simple click of: Service Request Completed Service Request scheduled/assigned for "X" date Waiting on parts ordered Requires additional expense for repairs. Owner approval required

Gloria-thank you and it's great to see Tikkit is easy and simple to use! Your vendor portal features are helpful and that side of the application will continue to see advancements.

Replied January 2018

Elizabeth

Reviewed November 2017

Our transition to the system has been easy and efficient.

We benefit by users wanting to use it so we can track our time and demands.

PROS

We like that the system is easy to navigate. Us, Occupiers, and vendors use the system with ease. We like that occupiers can sign up easily and we can edit as needed. Adding properties and options is also easy to do.

CONS

Sometimes the system doesn't refresh quickly and keeps old information. We are trying to eliminate our old addresses and can not figure it out.

Elizabeth, we're happy the transition to Tikkit was easy! Old location addresses can remain, even after you've "closed" a location, if there are still work orders associated to that old location in the account. We'll reach out to you now to show you how Staff users with Admin privileges can delete old locations.

Replied November 2017