• Pros

• "I like that the system holds the cylinder balances and is accurate and reliable. It is rather simple to pull up a customers cylinder balance."

• "TrackAbout handles the tracking of our assets from start to finish with few issues. The ability to utilize the application and access our information on multiple devices types is a huge benefit. "

• "The software has been designed from the ground up for the Industry. It has taken the most common issues and solved them in the easiest manner possible. "

• Cons

• "The reporting took a little time to get set up for our desired outcome, but after consulting with the technical support we were able to get the proper reporting needs covered."

• "A large con we have is writing an order before being able to scan a cylinder with the new system. This changes the customer flow we have become accustom to. "

• "The DB is not fully accessible and able to be queried. I would like the ability to have unfettered access to my information. "

Browse TrackAbout Reviews

Prosper from Cryo Services

Overall experience is great

Pros

Barcode feature Easy to use both on smart phone and desktop provides an organized structure for tracking assets support from the team in case of any issue and I must say the team is very good and patient.

Cons

Custom reports- you sometimes just a report for a specific task and you need it instant. As much as the data is in trackabout, I should have the option to download all the data to and to do my own filtering and adjustment. This will be time consuming on my side but I still get access to the data whenever I need. The current process is to contact your team to be able to generate this report in a customized manner. This is great if I need the same report every month and to save time, I need it in some custom fields.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied August 2017

Prosper, Thanks so much for your feedback. Making your raw data more accessible to you is a very high priority for us. If you haven't already, please take a look at our new OpenData feature to get you more data when you need it. https://corp.trackabout.com/query-trackabout-data We promise to keep you updated as more features like this becomes available.

Mike from S.J.Smith Co.

Been with them for several years. The product and customer support have done very well for us.

Pros

The trackabout team is very helpful in keeping us flexible with our customers with custom reports. It also gives our system more credibilty when asset issues come up with customers since a third party overseer is tracking all changes that take place. They are very accessable team if you have an issue. We use them as part of our value added presentation when we try to convince customers we are the vendor to choose.

Cons

Not alot on this catagory, some custom reports are very cost effe tive while some seem pricey. I am not a fan of the newest upgrade just changing the format and view. It doesnt seem as easy to get around to where you want to be, or at least where I want to be. I am sure the prompts are probably set up for the actions most used overall but as with most changes that have taken place in the last ten years I liked it better the old way

Response from TrackAbout

Replied September 2017

Hi Mike, Thanks very much for the terrific review. We're really excited to hear you use TrackAbout as a way to win new customers. Also, thanks very much for the feedback about the site. We'll be in touch to get some of your ideas about changes you might like to see.

Logan from Terrace Supply Co

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great customer service but I think they may be motivated by a metric to close open cases.

We are able to not only track but also reconcile our accounting software and delivery tickets with the software. It does take a large chunk of our time to resolve collisions and verify PPS but it really is the best way to keep our data scrubbed to ensure our customer's trust.

Pros

The flexibility that it allows. The mobile software needs to be fully off line though. It can log you out while on the road ( driver team) and they have now access internet signal.

Cons

Really just need to tweak the mobile software. Seems to be a small bug that locks up intermittenly on the PPS scan. Our team really needs the functionality of being able to add in the Customer and PPS at the end of the transaction so that we can meet customers at the dock and ensure they have the correct cylinders etc.

Paul from Rocky Mountain Air Solutions

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Overall I can get to the data I need, but it is not as user friendly as I would like it to be.

We get reliable cylinder tracking information. We have yet to move to a barcoded process, but I am excited to see the additional features offered with this.

Pros

Cons

We have a lot of issues with our integration with Tecsys which does not appear to be a Trackabout issue. That being said to find rental rates is cumbersome in that I have to run the report. This should be much easier than it is.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied August 2017

Hi Paul, Thanks very much for the feedback. We definitely hear you and are very excited Rocky Mountain Air Solutions has agreed to become a TrackAbout development partner to make managing rental more user friendly. We're sure this means exciting changes for our product!

Jan from Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center

Industry: Medical Devices

Very pleased with the software. Awesome support team and implementation specialist!!!

TrackAbout has flexibility. Can add comments / notes in multiple ways and attach to patient or asset. Can help to explain any issues with an asset that could be helpful to know in the future. Lets the next person know what has occurred if questions. This is a very robust system and feel I have not even touched the surface yet.

Pros

It does what it is supposed to do. Should have no problem knowing where assets are located. Multiple ways to search for assets depending on what criteria you have available to identify asset.

Cons

Software developed with gas suppliers / fillers in mind. I am a DME company dispensing medical equipment to the home. I track patients as well as the equipment. System works very well, but would like to see the last name, first name, middle initial entered in separate fields.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied September 2017

Thanks so much for your review, Jan. Our team has really enjoyed working with you!

Ryan from Cee Kay Supply

Industry: Warehousing

Outstanding

The visibility of our assets across our organization and that of our customer base.

Cons

Response from TrackAbout

Replied August 2017

HI Ryan, Thanks very much for the review! We agree with your feedback, giving you access to your raw data is a very high priority for us this year. That's why, in August, TrackAbout launched OpenData, a feature to let you query your TrackAbout data. Here's the blog article for more information: https://corp.trackabout.com/query-trackabout-data

Kirsty from IDS Refrigeration

Industry: Chemicals

Fantastic implementation, great support and a solid platform.

Reliability, ease of use and good reporting and analysis.

Pros

It's robust, trustworthy and has a lot good functionality. We just rolled out FoT to a customer and they have found it very easy to set up and use and are extremely happy, which is great news for us too! Support is excellent. The software provides a lot of opportunity for us to expand it's use in the future. The customisation we requested during implementation works very well.

Cons

The mobile app is disappointingly basic and prohibitively expensive at this moment. The value isn't there for us yet but with enhanced functionality, I think this is something we would be keen to invest in in the future with the right billing structure.

David from CeeKay Supply

Excellent product with top notch customer support

Pros

Cons

The TrackAbout webpage recent redesign has added multiple steps to gathering information that was previously accessible in one area with one click.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied September 2017

Dave, CeeKay has long been an important TrackAbout customer and partner, thank you. And thanks so much for your feedback, we'll be in touch for your ideas about how to improve your website experience. .

Ben from Maverick Oxygen & Respiratory Equipment, LLC

Easy to use, Functional & robust software for tracking our equipment.

Real time tracking of our expensive DME equipment and tracking of our 1000's and 1000's of cylinders.

Pros

I like the fact that this software is real-time cloud-based and is available anywhere with an internet/cellular connection. Adding users, items, customers, etc. is very simple and when I am stuck TrackAbout is very prompt when assisting me fix my issues.

Cons

There is not much to dislike. I guess the setup process is very tedious and time consuming for a company starting fresh having never used a service like this. And of course, bar coding each and every item takes a lot of time and labor to do correctly.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied August 2017

Ben, Thanks so much for your feedback. We are happy to have Maverick as a customer and so glad to hear you had an easy implementation.

Lokesh

brad from Terrace Supply

We have used Trackabout for over 10 years and use it as a competitive advantage in our industry

Pros

The ability to show movement of the cylinders and provide the customer with data dating back 10 years of their cylinder movement. At a movements notice we can tell them what cylinders they have and even the barcode numbers on those cylinders and how long they have had it. Also , our team appreciates using the preventive maintenance logs on the larger vessels.

Aubrey from Linde REA Information Service

February 2016

Comprehensive funcitonality and Expect more visibility on existed information

1)Comprehensive functionatlity in general: TrackAbout does enable a full tracking of cylinders. The more I use, I feel it's smarter than I could imagine. 2)User actions: The action from end user on TrackAbout is simply a few clicks but for different module can trigger different result. 3)Custom report: TrackAbout did provide some report for management review. However, due to the government requirement gap, China still request more development on new report generation 4) Expect more Visibility: Take Integration Message for example, currently TA wesite only allowed max. 100 rows to display at one search, and it only display the message ID(without record ID, plant name). Considering all plants roll out with TrackAbout, it would be not that easy to monitor the interface status at TA end by local admin user.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied March 2016

Hello, Aubrey. Thanks for the review! Please allow me to respond to your last two points. On #3) We've been working closely with your company to address your custom reporting requirements. In this particular case, custom reports to address the local government requirements have been scheduled with our development and implementation teams. They are set to be released in the second quarter of this year. On #4) A custom report was developed and deployed to your environment to increase the visibility into integration message failures. It allows users to select a date range and has no row limitations. It includes message ID, record ID, date of message creation, the last time it was attempted to be sent, message summary, message type, status, and can be filtered by location. Hope that helps!

Brent from Northwest Pallet Services

Very accommodating to help us leverage the software for our business need

Pros

Flexible. we used the software for a project unrelated to its original design but functionally similar in activity. Their technical support helped us creatively solve our business issue.

Cons

Response from TrackAbout

Replied September 2017

Brent, Thank you so much for your review and your willingness to recommend us! Please reach out to us if ever Northwest Pallet is in need of our services again. It was a pleasure working with you.

Curt from ClearTech Industries Inc.

Industry: Chemicals

Easiest software implementation ever. Software is flexible, easy to use and is saving us money.

Improved accuracy of asset tracking data. Increased efficiency and better support for our staff and customers.

Pros

Easy to use. Flexible in use. It has significantly improved the accuracy and efficiency of our asset tracking process. Excellent support both during and after implementation.

Cons

No direct access to database for reporting. Some of the reporting is limited but custom reports can be built.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied August 2017

Curt, It's been a pleasure working with you and your team. We're glad you're finding the software helpful. Helping you save money and improve efficiency is exactly what we strive for!

Jesus from Bienvivir All-Inclusive Care

Asset Tracking

Has been a lifesaver for organization and industry. Don't know how we did it before TrackAbout. Excellent program since day one!

Pros

Real-Time deliveries

Cons

Reporting could be better

Quality Product, Fast Scans

Helps us track equipment, no more wondering where the machines are.

Pros

rapid fire scanning, cell phone app that allows drivers to use the equipment in remote areas where there isnt wifi

Cons

The UI is a bit clunky, lacks the modern elegance that software should have, looks like it was created about 15 years ago and never updated. (This applies to the UI only, not the backend) The software works great.

Robert from Ourco Supply

TrackAbout Rocks!!!

We started with TrackAbout from the start and it has worked perfectly for us for the last 2 years. I have been in the gas business for years and I really did not believe that an automated tracking system could be as accurate as TrackAbout has been. We spot check accounts on a regular basis and I am still amazed at how accurate it is. We picked up 57 cylinders from an account just last week and the inventory was perfect. Regarding rent, it just doesn't get any easier. I remember the days of using index cards and about 4 people that did nothing but track cylinders. With TrackAbout, simply run a report and print!! Regarding the character of the company, "do the right thing" and "go the extra mile" must be in mission statement. During set-up and implementation, the techs were as helpful as you can be and helped us launch with virtually no problems. I would advise ANYONE in the gas business, large or small, to get TrackAbout.

Paulette from Coastal Welding Supply

January 2016

A+ customer service; excellent program . . would recommend to any company

I've used Trackabout since Dec. 2006 and absolutely love the program ! ! ! ! It's very user friendly. There are many useful reports, very detailed information and it's all date and time sensitive. This helps when a customer wants to know cylinder activity for a particular time frame. Request for information from customers can be gathered quickly and sent by email before ending a telephone call. Customers are very satisfied with Trackabout. A+ for customer service. It's a pleasure to talk to them. Their email support program is great ! ! ! Request is sent by email, a ticket number is assigned and you are notified of progress. You can even rate your experience when the ticket is closed. Of course there's nothing like direct communication with the support team. They are absolutely wonderful ! ! ! Very courteous, helpful and friendly. Request and issues are handled very efficiently.

October 2015

Debra from Argyle Welding Supply Co.

EYE OPENING

We have used the TrackAbout software for 5 years now, our thoughts are "why did we not do this sooner". TrackAbout has been eye opening for our Company, Argyle Welding Supply, not only does it track our assets but we have also learned through this software how to become a better company overall. With trackabout, we have found the mistakes from within that were being made and now corrected to provide even better customer service and has also increased our revenue. As well we have the linked Exchange program on our software that lets us track our assets being filled by Major Suppliers. This has proven to be very effective in the prevention of Lost cylinder assets as well as billing errors. I would HIGHLY recommend the TrackAbout software to anyone and the staff is top notch. TrackAbout has truly been a Phenomenal experience.

Jorge from BOC Limited

January 2016

Excellent tool for equipment maintenance

TrackAbout has been a great platform for tracking maintenance activities of our medical equipment fleet. It has allowed us to have secure and reliable records that are fully auditable and traceable to each user, hence ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and due diligence. Its API functionality has proven very powerful for integration with our ERP systems and, when combined with the reporting module, has allowed us to leverage on TrackAbout to produce a higher level of reporting previously unavailable to us. We have also now began using the limited maintenance functionality available to us in the smartphone application. Its fast, quick and easy to use, and we believe that when the full maintenance functionality is available to us on the smartphone app, we will have a product that will be second to none.

Vincent from Pride-Chem Industries Pte Ltd

March 2016

The ultimate cloud based enterprise asset tracking system

We are in the business of trading chemical gas. Using Trackabout has enable to us to consistently monitor the status of our gas cylinder/tanks movements. We are amazed by how well thought out the system was, considering all fundamentals of a cylinder life cycle. eg, The cylinder status automatically set to 'full' when top up by the supplier and set to 'empty' when it was return from customers. If an empty cylinder was erroneously prepared to be delivered to the customer, the system will pick it up and prompt the user to take action. Many other systems will probably need a lot of manual entry to get the work done and thus prone to human errors. We don't see any other tracking system able to come this close without much customization.

Robert from Maverick oxygen and respiratory equipment

Makes my job faster and simple

Pros

I find the software easy to use it is not complicated at all and for someone who is not a tech person ease of use is very important

Cons

App will occasionally crash on my phone smacking it difficult to complete a job without rebooting my phone

Response from TrackAbout

Replied October 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback Robert. We're so glad you're finding the software helpful and easy to use!

January 2016

Sandy from Butler Gas Products Co. Inc.

January 2016

I have been using this product over 5 years now tracking our fleet of cylinders for rental purposes.

The pro's of the product is having the ability to increase rental revenue by knowing exactly what cylinders are at a customer by serial number and also the date it was received. We scan every cylinder that we own and track it through our system from the filling process to delivery and then ultimately when it is returned to us. If the cylinder is returned from another customer, the tracking system will let us know that so that we can give the proper customer credit for the return. The con is getting the Tracking System talking to our ERP system. Those bugs are worked out and both systems talk well to one another.

Bob from Red Ball Oxygen

Excellent asset tracking software

We have been a customer of Trackabout for over a decade. We use the software to track over 100,000 assets. They have a very sophisticated, yet user friendly platform. We have tried other tracking systems in the past, but this is the only one that seems to account for all the real-world hiccups that our people encounter while moving assets around. Implementation was fairly painless. We were up and running in just a couple of weeks. The software was very easy to learn for our drivers and operators. 30 minutes or less, and they are ready to go. Overall, great experience with the company and their product.

Vincent from Maverick Oxygen and Respiratory Equipment

Industry: Medical Devices

Software is easy to use and very convenient. Makes tracking delivery's simple.

Pros

This software being able to be used on almost any device and using the devise camera as the scanner is the best part.

Cons

There isn't any tutorial to get started. We have had to play around till we figured how to use it then could start training from there.

Robert from Jackson Welding & Gas Products

October 2015

TrackAbout solved our tracking issues

We have been using TrackAbout's tracking software for 10 years and the results were immediate and impressive. The high pressure cylinder exchange business allows for ample mistakes to be made. TrackAbout provides an easy and flexible program to bring visibility to the process. The software on the handheld devices was very easy for our employees to learn and the online browser based functionality is very robust. Their technical support has always been responsive and easy to work with. All of this allows for us to be very confident in the bills that we issue to our customers.

January 2016

Molly from Superior Welding Supply Co.

January 2016

A wonderful addition to our business.!

This software has enhanced our ability to keep customer accounts accurate. It has also helped us solve many of the "mysteries" we have encountered over the years regarding inventory issues (i.e full cylinders in the empty pile and vice versa). This is one of those products that you fall in love with pretty quickly, even if you didn't think you needed it in the first place. Another huge bonus to this software is the amazing customer service team, they are always there to back you up every step of the way!!

Traci from Butler Gas Products Company

January 2016

I am the TrackAbout Manager at my company, without TrackAbout we would be a mess!

TrackAbout has the best Customer Service, everyone is extremely knowledgeable and helpful on the phones and via email. It keeps our business as well as our Customers organized. Our Customers love follow on tracking for their own personal use. We have so many reports and great information at our finger tips to help our business as well as our customers. It is a Win-Win. It does take a little practice to get used to, but once you do, it is a great tool and asset.

Jagan from Linde AG

January 2016

TrackAbout has been chosen as Linde`s Global Cylinder Tracking solution for Lean & Fast deployments

Linde successfully rollouted out TrackAbout in 7 countries in 2014 & 2015. Linde successfully leveraged following cloud benifits with TrackAbout 1. No extra costs for Server Maint compared to other Linde Apps 2. Reduced internal efforts for Implementation and Operational support 3. Configurable platform with an ongoing invest to keep the solution up to date for State of the Art Technologies and Best Practice Processes.

Todd from E.C.I.

February 2016

TrackAbout has saved us time and money!

I have had nothing but good things to say about TrackAbout since using them. They helped us create a data base suited to our business needs. Their account team have always been responsive and also have always been very professional. For over 3 years TrackAbout have provided us with a solid data base & service for all our business needs.

Eric from S.J. Smith

October 2015

A great company that provides a great product!!!

Our company has been using TrackAbout for over 11 years with over 100,000 assets tracked and it has brought great value to our business and to our customers. The members of the TrackAbout team are very knowlegable and easy to work with. If you are looking for a system to track your assets, TrackAbout offers the best system out there.

Dena from GPRS

March 2016

TrackAbout has enabled our company to track our equipment more effectively.

The TrackAbout software was designed for an entirely different industry, but they have done a terrific job of making it work for us. We are able to effectively track our assets in real time and have confidence when reporting for tax purposes that we are using accurate information. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Jen from Hawkeye Fire & Safety

HFS Cylinder Tracking

I have had extreme success in using TrackAbout as a whole. We are using the program to primarily track where are assets/cylinders are at and which customers has which tanks. The handheld and bar code scanning are simple and user friendly, my technicians have had no problem picking up on the program and use it almost daily.

Chris from Linde Group

January 2016

It is a powerful tool that gas supplier can manage the gas cylinder in the entire supply chain.

Already covered most of the scenarios that would happen in gas industries. The only issue is that it is largely relying on the instant wireless connectivity which will impact performance if the local connectivitiy is not well set up at some specific location where the Internet infrastructure is not well established.

Ryan from Harding Metals, Inc

January 2016

Exactly what we were looking for.

The app makes it simple for deliveries. Also, it helps save time and money because the need for a mobile unit is eliminated. Customer service is great! They are right there with you when everything is being setup, and they follow up with you even after you are up and running.

Ryan from Webb Chemical Service Corp

Industry: Chemicals

Overall TrackAbout has been a great program It gives us a lot more visibility then what we had prior

Visibility of our containers throughout the system.

Pros

I like the visibility this provides throughout the organization tracking our containers. It also helps us provide our sales team what the customer has out and how long they have had them.

Cons

The thing I like least about the program right now is I do not know how to find the information that I am looking for. I think after I use it more often, I do not think this will be an issue any more.

Response from TrackAbout

Replied September 2017

HI Ryan, Thanks very much for your review and we're glad TrackAbout giving you the ability to manage your containers so well. W'll be in touch to set you up with one of our Customer Success Managers. We'd like to make sure you're finding the reporting and tools you need in the system.

Weston from Red Ball Medical Supply, Inc

January 2016

It does the job for us. I would like to see the option for more user generated reports.

I would like to be able to generate reports on my own. We have one custom report that we paid to have designed, but I would really like the option of being able to run reports based on what I need to see.

Jesus from Bienvivir All-Inclusive Care

January 2016

Consistent, practical, fairly reliable, easy to use.

Since it's inception at my organiztion it has worked very well for us. Has helped us out in our operations very much so. As an organization i see us using it for a very long time.

January 2016

Raymond from Colonial Chemical Slutions, Inc.

January 2016

As a chemical distributor, we use Trackabout to track over 3,000 container.

Pros- Easy to use, adaptable to most organizations, and great support during and after implementation. Cons- Reports are generic and customization is expensive.

Dimitrios from Linde Hellas

March 2016

It is a good, user friendly tacking software, with many options for the user

Pros - User friendly - Many Options - Good On Site Implementation - Highly skilled personnel Cons - Flexibility - Hour diference in support issues

Abel from Syoxsa, Inc

March 2016

It's a very good program to use

Very well on the track of the barcodes, but when the barcode is lost, missing or replace its hard to conciliated the new with the old information.

Gerald from Weldcor Supplies

January 2016

Good

Software is easy to use and they have a great training/support team. The only con is the integration with accounting software is not user friendly

Debbie from CeeKay Supply, Inc

October 2015

Very easy to use and is easy to teach other people to use

Been using this software since November 1998, they have definitely kept up with trends and changes. Always looking for cutting edge technology.

Jonathan from Ourco Supply Corporation

Very helpfull.

I have come to find out if you have the right procedures in place and you use the software correctly this system is very accurate.

Mike from Buzwair Industrial Gases

March 2016

Buzwair Industrial Gases is using TrackAbout to track compressed cylinders and racks of cylinders

Very positive. It does what its supposed to. implementation phase was well supported and relatively painless.

Jayanthi from Linde Gases Group

February 2016

The TA software very user friendly in install and use it.

i am using TA tracking software for asset registration , fill scan and customer delivery.