All Airtable Reviews

Yelle

Cosmetics, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed November 2023

More than google sheets, great for social calendar

Steve

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

PROS

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

CONS

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Reason for choosing Airtable

We love the wide-spread support and integrations for Airtable. That made moving to it quite simple and we thought it would be much easier than any other competing product.

Maddie

Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Airtable is our data management system

Using connections, we connect records in Airtable to other services like Eventbrite, Asana, MailChimp, and more. Workflows are then finished with the help of automation. While it's possible to find a template that fits your needs, it's well worth your time to learn how to create your own.

PROS

Airtable is a simple, collaborative database app. As long as the engineering team isn't too huge, working together on a bill of materials (BOM) is straightforward. One of my favorite features is the ability to create filtered views that are unique to each user.

CONS

When a company's workforce size increases, Airtable's price tag skyrockets. The options for exporting are restricted. Airtable is not the place to store documents. Airtable does not support complicated equations. The user interface isn't always the most obvious.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable serves as our customer relationship management system instead of a cumbersome and time-consuming custom implementation. Especially in the areas of donor administration and outreach, we rely extensively on automated processes.

Katie

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Downhill

PROS

I have been an Airtable user for years, and have always been impressed with its ease of use and the pace of improvements to the product itself.

CONS

Airtable has recently suffered from a lack of customer support while simultaneously (in my experience) a higher rate of usability issues/bugs. Now, they've changed their pricing structure to revoke email support from the lowest priced tier. They expect users to be able to solve their own problems via the community discussion boards and less-than-sufficient/often outdated self help articles/pages. If there was a robust library of documentation, this might be acceptable, but there is not. We might consider upgrading to the higher tier of service, but I have submitted at least 5 contact forms to speak with a salesperson, but have not received any outreach from their sales team. I suspect we will have no choice but to abandon Airtable, since we use it for critical business operations and cannot risk having it break without any customer support to troubleshoot, but also we have been unable to get in touch with any salesperson to upgrade to the higher-level accounts that come with email support.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Better pricing, better product, better support. All now moot.

Reviewed December 2023

Handy Collaboration Software for Remote Teams

We've been very happy with the service from Airtable for managing some of our tasks and collaborative environments. It has a very intuitive design, you can just pick it up and start using it as soon as, and it basically requires no setup which was good for our IT resources. Other than that, it's reasonably priced, and maintains good performance even when a few people are working on the same sheet at the same time. Very happy overall.

PROS

We really enjoy having a lot of different features available that we can explore, mainly stuff like document management, database, and data workflows. It lets you cover different needs without having to get a few separate tools and ten have to sync them together. The ability to consolidate all those feature sunder one roof is also good for the budget of course.

CONS

I'm not sure if it rises up to the level of tools like Monday and Asana for project management. There aren't as many project customization options and it tends to get a bit all over the place when the number of projects starts to increase. It would be good to have more views for projects and more customizations on the project level.

Reason for choosing Airtable

We were looking for something that was easy to use that we wouldn't have to spend a lot of time learning how to use it. And Airtable looked a lot more intuitive and easy to use compared to Smartsheet which looked a bit complex and clunky

Ali

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Airtable Streamlines Client/Agency Collaboration

We have also used Airtable as a database for clients -- it's a great collaborative tool and has more flexibility than Google Sheets/Excel.

PROS

Airtable makes it easy for our agency to collaborate with clients on content management. Previously, we used Asana but the client could see too much into our internal back-end and collaboration. Airtable allows clients to see the front end, as well as submit revision request. This creates a cleaner, more professional experience for our clients.

CONS

It has come with a slight learning curve, but if you take the time upfront to determine the most efficient ways to set up your bases; the time it takes to set it up/learn is minimal compared to how much time it will save you long-term!

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable was the most versatile! It allows us customize each base for each client depending on their unique needs!

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We made the switch to create a better connect management and approval system for our clients!

Stephanie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great for Small Office Management

PROS

It's very intuitive and I can change things as needed without worrying about ruining the whole system.

CONS

It took me a while to figure out the best way to set up the system to meet my needs.

Maria

Textiles, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

6 months of user experience in the textile area.

In our case we have used it as a production manager, thus controlling the planning and managing the quality of the garments and giving greater profitability to the company.

PROS

Its ability to integrate with other well-known and important applications is remarkable. But the most important thing is to be able to access the Airtable database without the need of an internet connection.

CONS

Some functions are missing compared to its peers, such as task management. In addition, the support area sometimes takes longer than necessary to answer queries.

Andrina

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Good user interface

PROS

It has a decent user interface and you can integrate a lot of features.

CONS

Can be confusing at first, if using it as a CRM.

Yi-Tzu

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

Great tool for general insight

PROS

The survey, data collection, and data analysis have been useful in providing a snapshot of personal performance.

CONS

This could be individual organizations' issue but sometimes too many parameters can be confusing.

Robyn

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

Great organisational tool for self or teams!

PROS

Great organisational tool for self or teams!

CONS

lots of functions that it took a while for me to understand usage

Delia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Why I use Airtable to store my data

I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

PROS

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

CONS

When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Cost, ease of use, flexibility, attractive front end, speed.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Stress levels. Other proprietary database platforms still required a developer to set the base up. They are all $40 USA a month or more. For that, they are still clunky. I had difficulty seeing all my data at once, and making quick decisions about it. Airtable is easy to use, fast to set up and affordable.

Theresa

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

PROS

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

CONS

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable seemed like the more affordable choice.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We came across Airtable and saw that it was much better than what we were currently utilizing.

Tyler

Philanthropy, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

PROS

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

CONS

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable seemed like the entrance to learning was a lot easier, and it was generic enough where we could make it exactly what we wanted it to be. Also, our devs team was very familiar with the Airtable API, which is well documented and makes it easy to integrate with our third party products.

Mayank

Animation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

PROS

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

CONS

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Kevin

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

PROS

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

CONS

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Reason for choosing Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Aimee

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Data collection powerhouse & beautiful intuitive forms

I love everything about Airtable and it’s an invaluable part of my business operations. I use it daily. I have created so many forms and I used multiple other software‘s in the past to collect data from my students. I found that every single other software that I used had limitations and costs associated with it that just continue to go up the more forms I created. The thing I love the most about Airtable is that it has a beautiful interface, it’s free to use, and I don’t ever lose access to my data.

PROS

I love everything about the forms in Airtable. They are completely customizable. They populate the data in an easy-to-read spreadsheet. It sends me automatic notifications every time that someone fills out a form. It keeps all of my systems and my school organized because I have a form for everything and there are no limits on how many forms I can have it really has allowed me to create a beautiful system of collecting data.

CONS

There’s a ton of features in Airtable that I don’t use. I think when I first started I spent a long time trying to figure out how I can use their other features. However, I don’t think that every feature that they have is worth using. However, since there is no cost to Airtable that doesn’t matter.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Typeform was inexpensive to start but then they just started putting a lot of limitations on the forms that you could create. I used it for a long time but then all of a sudden I lost access to data that I had collected in my forms because they changed their pricing structure and wanted me to pay for a higher priced plan in order to regain access to my data. I then use Googleforms for a long time but they also totally blocked access to my data because we had a bill that was overdue. In general I’m not a fan of software that blocks you from accessing data due to billing issues. I would prefer to use some thing that didn’t have those kind of limitations.

Angelo

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Powerful and Flexible Database Management with Airtable

Overall, Airtable is an incredibly powerful and flexible database management tool that makes it easy to capture, organize, and access data. Its intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to customize my database to fit my needs. While it can be expensive and overwhelming for some users, its learning curve is manageable.

PROS

Airtable is an extremely powerful and flexible database management tool that allows me to quickly capture, organize, and access data across multiple platforms. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to set up and manage my database, and its powerful features allow me to customize my database to fit my needs.

CONS

Despite its powerful capabilities, Airtable does have some drawbacks. Its pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for some users, and its customization options can be overwhelming. Additionally, some users may find its learning curve to be steep.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable has a number of superior aspects over its alternatives. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to quickly set up and manage databases, and its powerful features allow for customizability and scalability. Additionally, its pricing structure is more accessible than some of its competitors. Moreover, its learning curve is not as steep as that of some of its alternatives.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Seamless Organization and Automation

Airtable has transformed our workflow. It lets us organize, manage, and automate our projects and tasks in a way that's tailored to our unique needs. The customization options are endless, and we've created the perfect interface for every project. We plan to continue to expand our use of Airtable and are actually now hiring a new team member to look after data, which I suspect will further our use of Airtable.

PROS

We love Airtable's outstanding automation and linking features. Automating repetitive tasks and connecting our data to other platforms has been a breeze, saving us a lot of manual work. The interface is so user-friendly that it hardly feels like we're dealing with a database. We can easily create custom views for different projects, and it's great to be able to adjust the interface to meet our specific needs. I personally really like the calendar and kanban views, and the easy to build dashboards and highly flexible interfaces. These have allowed us to modernize old processes.

CONS

Initially, there was a bit of a learning curve with Airtable. But once we got the hang of it, the possibilities seemed endless and we want to integrate it even further into our work. The only real con we’ve encountered has to do with the need to add collaborators to a base, and accordingly the cost associated with this.

Reason for choosing Airtable

We chose Airtable due to its versatility. The customization of views, linking between records, and automation capabilities make it stand out. The user interface is also more visually pleasing and intuitive than a typical spreadsheet or CRM.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Asana was great for project tracking, but Airtable does so much more. We prefer a smaller number of tools.

Devlyn