Airtable

Airtable Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Airtable is great, it has really powerful tools for creating tables that you can customize and adapt perfect to any need of your team."
  • icon"A lot of nice built in features to force you to be organized about planning and recording adventures."
  • icon"Templates available for you to kickstart. Powerful spreadsheets with relations, and more awesome features."
  • icon"Airtable shows deleted words with a line crossing the words or sentences which could have been written in error."
  • icon"At first it was so hard to grasp but when you get used to it, you forget about the hardship you had as a first time user."
  • icon"Sometimes it takes a long time to work out what you have done wrong (in my case a misplaced comma)."

Browse all Airtable Reviews

• Have you used Airtable and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,482 reviews

Sam

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Beautiful database manager

Randy

October 2022

An amazingly capable tool I use daily

I use it for planning, status tracking, record keeping, data compilation, and most importantly - qualitative data analysis. It's allowed me to do that kind of analysis more effectively and efficiently than in the past.

Pros

Airtable combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with the capabilities of a relational database. I have set up some rather complex qualitative data analyses on airtable that have really enhanced and sped up my workflow. The ease of use of the interface, combined with the relational abilities, and the multiple ways to view/interact with the data, are unmatched with any other tool I've used. It has literally opened up new capabilities for me.

Cons

Some aspects of using it are not especially intuitive; took a little getting used to. I wish it had more complex formula capability, like the Excel formulas (and even VBA while I'm dreaming).

Reasons for switching to Airtable

the relational capabilities, first and foremost, followed by the form entry capability.

The Backbone Of Our Inventory And Recurring IT Expense Tracking

The problem of tracking our computer assets and which user is using the device has been solved. We change hands for our devices very frequently so this has helped us to easily change an assigned user for a device at a moment's notice. Also we are able to improve on our inventory being able to easily capture serial numbers by scanning hardware and taking photos to correctly identify devices.

Pros

The flexibility to add data from multiple devices and also multiple persons at the the same time.We used AirTable mainly for our Inventory tracking which is very dynamic as most of our assets change hands frequently so we can easily update who is assigned what device and for our recurring IT expenses we are able to easily track every recurring expense and see at any time the total expense for the month.

Cons

We have been using Airtable for over two years and to date we do not have any feature missing. Our experience has been very favorable.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable's user interface was the best when compared to other solutions at the time, which aided in its user experience also the ease of adding data from mobile devices and flexibility of the records we could add.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable allow us to make changes in realtime we can easily add devices to our inventory database using our mobile phone, scanning serial numbers, taking photos to better identify the item and easily make changes on the fly to ownership or status of the device.

Kerols

Industry: Medical Devices

I love airtable

Pros

Amazing application for business and personal use. Saving your documents as a data and its on-line , i think this is the most useful online database appAnd it's easy to use

Cons

Only thing is, as being a free user, I am missing the blocks, since they moved to premium version now. I am not asking many, would be just nice to give a single block per base for free-users... Leaving it to the developers

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable much easier for me

Nica Chesca

Tool worth trying

Though it's something I didn't use for long, I still had a good experience using the tool for a couple of months. It's still worth trying just depends on what type of projects you will use it for.

Pros

I like the many features that it has like surveys and different views of your project.

Cons

It can also get so messy at times and difficult to use since it has many functionalities that are not user friendly. Has a steep learning curve compared to others that I've tried before.

Aimee

Industry: Alternative Medicine

September 2022

Data collection powerhouse & beautiful intuitive forms

I love everything about Airtable and it’s an invaluable part of my business operations. I use it daily. I have created so many forms and I used multiple other software‘s in the past to collect data from my students. I found that every single other software that I used had limitations and costs associated with it that just continue to go up the more forms I created. The thing I love the most about Airtable is that it has a beautiful interface, it’s free to use, and I don’t ever lose access to my data.

Pros

I love everything about the forms in Airtable. They are completely customizable. They populate the data in an easy-to-read spreadsheet. It sends me automatic notifications every time that someone fills out a form. It keeps all of my systems and my school organized because I have a form for everything and there are no limits on how many forms I can have it really has allowed me to create a beautiful system of collecting data.

Cons

There’s a ton of features in Airtable that I don’t use. I think when I first started I spent a long time trying to figure out how I can use their other features. However, I don’t think that every feature that they have is worth using. However, since there is no cost to Airtable that doesn’t matter.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Typeform was inexpensive to start but then they just started putting a lot of limitations on the forms that you could create. I used it for a long time but then all of a sudden I lost access to data that I had collected in my forms because they changed their pricing structure and wanted me to pay for a higher priced plan in order to regain access to my data. I then use Googleforms for a long time but they also totally blocked access to my data because we had a bill that was overdue. In general I’m not a fan of software that blocks you from accessing data due to billing issues. I would prefer to use some thing that didn’t have those kind of limitations.

Laurène

September 2022

Airtable is very powerful for building internal tool or back-offices, UX could be more user-friendly

We use Airtable in several ways: - Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great) - Custom apps for our customers, synced with our own software (back-office logic is great, end-user UX is not, we should have used a third-party app builder to make it more user-friendly) - CRM extension (good for one-off analytics) - Database for some automations using Make.com (having structured data really helps) We are overall satisfied, we manage to do everything we want and integrate Airtable with our other software. We hope that Airtable Interfaces will get better, along with some improvements in formulas.

Pros

Airtable is very powerful. It makes database logic accessible to non-developer profiles. Being able to view your data in so many different ways is great. Usecases are endless.

Cons

I was disappointed by the inability to create easy-to-use apps for the final user. You can either share the entire database with them - which can be overwhelming - or cherry-pick views you want to share with them - which is impractical, especially because those views aren't editable. This makes Airtable great to build internal tools for tech-savvy teams, but in order to make it usable by other people you'll have to use a third-party app builder (Airtable will then be used as the database / back-office of your app). In addition to that, I sometimes get frustrated with some formulas, especially "datetime" formulas and recursive logic. These can become overly complicated in Airtable.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Google Sheets was not scalable. We needed structured data, and the ability to analyze it easily.

November 2022

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable met our needs with the variety of extensions, automations, public facing forms, interfaces and dashboards, and integrations with software we needed to make the system function.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable is so much more powerful. It can integrate with hundreds of other apps.

Margot

September 2022

Indispensable for personal and professional needs

Airtable is my favorite tool for managing business operations, my personal budget, and for starting projects.

Pros

Airtable has incredibly simplified spreadsheets for me, allowing me to make use of functions that would require much more time to set up in Excel or Google Sheets. Airtable's flexibility has allowed me to use the software as a project management tool, as well as a CRM, a knowledge base software, a content media planner, job search tracker, and much more. Airtable is indispensable for both my personal and professional life.

Cons

Although Airtable has made improvements in its Large Area Text function, it remains limited and often not ideal. It would be great to see Airtable develop more ways to ingrate larger blocks of text.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I felt limited by Trello boards, and knew I wanted something where I could glance at more information at once.

Vance

Great spreadsheet alternative

Mostly pleasant with some data management strategies to keep within the limits.

Pros

Ease of use, overall performance, and UI/UX. It's a treat to work with Airtable, and even non-tech savvy users can pick it up fairly quickly.

Cons

Price, limits, and restrictions. Not exactly cost-effective for small businesses, the limits are very low for a spreadsheet tool, and even basic features are very limited or paywalled.

User-friendliness

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable is way stronger and the formulas are more friendly to non-tech savvy users.

Cristina

October 2022

A flexible database that fits our needs!

Airtable is a great platform, that provides an easy way to organize lots of information, with colors to color code cells or data, and the ability to create different views so that each team member can see the list based on their specific needs. The integration of the platform with other services and tools has also allowed us to automate some tasks and be able to manage better our data. This is a platform that has great benefits, and can be used as a database, for logistics, project management and more.

Pros

This software allows our company to create a database based on our needs, it is great for many team members to work in different projects at the same time and be able to keep track of the process.

Cons

For some it can take bit of time to understand how to use the software and organize tables, so it can have a learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We needed a software that would enhance mapping and sharing projects with the team. It allows our team to work together in a shared workspace. And we needed to be able to link records across tables and AirTable allows that.

Mamuyovwi

Feedback And Improvement

It creates a perfect table for the job

Pros

Ability to organize and track so much information in a single sheet, the ability to act as a database for text and numbers.

Cons

It's a little challenging moving from left to right on a large sheet

Reasons for switching to Airtable

The ability to connect it directly to an online form

Shahidul

August 2022

My daily driver! Have been using this for a long time now!

Pros

I love everything about it! Plus I have used Airtable longer than any other, and I do use a lot of them! Their unique set of features, especially for the Sales and marketing team are just top-notch. Also, I have always been in love with their dashboard. It's just so easy to access and get the information I need.

Cons

Their customer isn't the fastest. Could be my personal experience. Could be because they have a huge client base. Other than that, nothing else.

Enrique

October 2022

Airtable la plataforma online fácil de usar para crear y compartir bases de datos

Es una buena herramienta que facilita la forma para digitalizar los procesos del día a día en la actividad y ahorrar tiempo de gestión

Pros

Que las bases de datos son únicas y pueden contener toda la información que necesitas para llevar a cabo el proyecto de forma que todo está integrado en la aplicación

Cons

La curva de aprendizaje es un poco alta hasta que te haces con la aplicación auqnue hay mucha información en internet y una gran comunidad dispuesta a ayudar

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Porque vi varios tutoriales en internet y me parecio que aun siendo compleja la usabilidad era mejor y más intuitiva conceptualmene que Notion

Evelind

Great Data Management - Versatile, Wide range of functionality

We tried Airtable on a couple of projects and love its versatility.

Pros

The data can be organized in a variety of views and formats. This allows us to customize for different types of users - from execs to people in the field. It has worked well with other tools, such as data entry forms for use out in remote locations.

Cons

In general, this software has been easy to use. Initially, it took some coaching from the administrator to find some of the features.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We need to scale our programs and integrate them with other tools.

Xu

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Good Tool for Collaboration on Spreadsheet

Pros

My favorite part of the Airtable is its intuitive and easy-to-use cloud collaboration service. It web-based application makes collaboration easy for remote working.

Cons

For some use cases, the data storage can take some learning curve to access. When the storage gets bigger and bigger, some data can be hard to find.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Need a better way to address cloud collaboration over Covid time.

Amazing Software

Airtable has made my life a lot easier and would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

Airtable has made it so easy to organize all the data for the small business I work part-time at. It also integrates really well with other services which may offer things Airtable doesn't offer or doesn't have to offer.

Cons

It can be a little tricky to get started using Airtable but once you get the hang of it, there's nothing better.

Eduardo

August 2022

Once I started using it, any other table option makes me turn off

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

Pros

Just the variaties of ways to show data - table, kanban, gallery, calendar, timeline, form! Its incredibly versatile and means you can craft it to many different types of people from CEO, to Marketing, to Finance.

Cons

The only downside I can see is that the per-seat amount can get high for multiple team members, I wish this could be lower or to only include core team members in that amount while having 'visitors' that have less access in the document.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Jorform was seen more from the forms functionality, but Airtable had more powerful options for table views.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Excel really feels like software from another century, undoubtedly it is powerful, but it is also exteremely limited in its capabilities.

Adnan

June 2022

All-in-one product for marketing & information management

Pros

We use Airtable as almost anything. If you are familiar with Airtable, you know that it can be anything. Just to name a few: Marketing task management Document and resource listing Forms for recruiting or surveys Content planning CRM Documenting any sort of research Visualising simple data Expense tracking

Cons

Airtable's some of the premium features are not very clear. So sometimes you have to stuck in some free features without knowing that you are already over capacity. However, using this product with free option for about 2-3 years in 2 different company so far. It's great! I also use Airtable for personal stuff like school applications, job hunting, and document/resource listing.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable is great with free option.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Excel is useless for task or project management.

Madelyn