Bloomfire

Bloomfire Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Support is great and very responsive. Platform integrates easily with other platforms for whitelabling purposes."
  • icon"Customer support is fantastic. Love being able to schedule posts in advance."
  • icon"SImple navigation and UI. Clean design and organization of content."
  • icon"Sometimes its hard to find some things i have already seen before and am looking or again."
  • icon"There is no foreseeable way to download content onto an iPad Pro. Several of our clients are now using the iPad Pro and are struggling to use Bloomfire on their devices."
  • icon"Sometimes the link and videos that were previously searched to help employees with obstacles are hard to find."

All Bloomfire Reviews

Bernhard

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Elise

Enables employees with a trove of knowledge

Pros

I love how Bloomfire empowers everyone in our company to contribute to our knowledge base and interact with each other's contributions. The community features - commenting, liking, thumbnails - are key to creating that community feel. And it makes such a difference day-to-day to have a single source of truth for our organization. Also, you can't beat Bloomfire staff. Everyone I've interacted with from customer success to product to engineering has been top notch. They are responsive to immediate support needs and they evolve the product based on customer feedback.

Cons

Some employees find the navigation and search to be challenging. There are some things we need to change about our own implementation to address these issues, and we look forward to future product updates as well.

Bernhard

We use it to house all of the information for a product that I license. We share information across the user base, add articles and find relevant information about using the tools that we license.

Pros

Very clear navigation, you know where to find what you are looking for

Cons

Sometimes I have a hard time finding older articles and get mixed up with new and old material when I am looking for a specific piece of informaiton

Reasons for switching to Bloomfire

It was too clunky, but I do miss the ability to send clients a link to information that I want to send them. I have kept my own postwire account for that purpose.

Verna

Industry: Individual & Family Services

October 2022

Information collaboration super highway

I think this software has given us a new outlook on our job. We have the ability to ask for help when we need it. And sometimes we're in our an entity that's unknown to us and collaborating with your fellow employees helps a lot. Because there's always someone that's older and wiser and knows a lot more than I do. Those are the people I love to learn from.

Pros

I love the fact that you can share your documentary research with people inside the organization. You can collaborate together working on new goals and outcomes for your clients or you can take away something that was unnecessary and we can all share information in case you know someone wasn't aware. I mean it's kind of like a support system in a way.

Cons

Honestly I don't think there are any cons about this software. You know it's not like anybody's criticizing you everything is constructive everything's more positive we're working together more. It's made problem solving a lot easier.

Tyler

Recent Updates Diminish Value of Product Usability

The initial experience was extremely positive, the recent updates significantly reduce the usefulness of the product specifically where tables and embedded documents are concerned.

Pros

We use the system as a knowledge base to inform our ongoing software implementations and keep our Support team up to speed on current functionality. I love that articles/posts are really easy to create and categorize. The search functionality works well which makes finding information very easy.

Cons

The product allows you to embed documents and create tables into posts. Unfortunately, a recent update to the user interface reduces the size of the article to about 1/3 the width of a monitor. As a result, tables and embedded documents are extremely difficult to read as the formatting is severely impacted. I am not sure how to post screenshots. I have escalated to our site administrator who was informed by Bloomfire support that there is no way to revert the settings. Given that we use the system as a knowledge base, we use tables extensively to summarize information for quick and simple digestion. We also regularly embed word documents, PDFs, and Excel files. The new layout/format makes those embedded documents unreadable without extensive zooming or direct downloading of the articles. Prior to this change, the product met our needs and was highly functional. That is no longer the case.

Response from Bloomfire

We're sorry to hear that the new format and layout changes have impacted your ability to read tables and embedded documents. Our Client Success team has reached out and would love to work with you to find a solution to this readability issue. We want Bloomfire to continue being as useful to your company as it was when you first started using it.

Replied June 2019

kevin

September 2022

trust in bloomfire

my experience with bloomfire has met my expectations

Pros

it is easy to use and user friendly and have no complaints

Cons

i have not had any complaints with using bloomfire it has met my expectations

The way a knowledge base should be

As one of Bloomfire's early customers we saw a lot of potential with this platform. I was in charge of conducting a report comparing some of the available products to satisfy our need for a customer-facing knowledge base. It had to be relevant, easy to use, and fast. We had a lot of undocumented information that our customers needed with no way to provide it. Some of our most important criteria included having an API and SSO (we were going to have our users log in from our customer portal site), an easy editor, fast and powerful search, user management, reporting, and so on. Bloomfire came out on top. Fast forward a few months into using it and we were well on our way generating content, marketing the tool, and getting comfortable with the platform. I was probably the main contributor to a lot of the content, so the almost daily use of the tool caused me to find areas of improvement. I worked a bit with the Bloomfire development team with a list and I'm happy to say that today, nearly every one of my suggestions have been implemented in some way. This demonstrates the company's willingness and capabilities to adapt to their customer's needs. Their team has always been helpful and communicative and would love to see continual improvements in the future.

Pros

Clean, easy to user interface. Enough features to still be powerful and handle lots of information, posts, questions, and media.

Cons

At some point the cost model drastically changed from unlimited to number of users and for our company, the cost was prohibitive from expanding or growing. For other platforms that are not just a standalone knowledge base, but instead include one as a part of their services there is much more value for similar features.

Response from Bloomfire

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review to your experience with Bloomfire. We are glad that you have enjoyed your overall experience with Bloomfire and would love to help your company continue your success with knowledge sharing and job efficiency. We take all feedback very seriously here at Bloomfire and take all things into consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully we will talk with you soon!

Mary

Implementation was a dream. They had a team that helped us manage the project and uploaded all our content for us. As a small team, this was important.

Pros

It transposes videos, provides full text search, allows for different groups to be created, user analysis so we know if we are getting our money's worth for the tool.

Cons

I wish I could edit docs in the tool. But there are few cons that we have found at this point in time.

Reasons for choosing Bloomfire

Video transcription, Google type search function, price

A work in progress

I need to preface this: I do not use bloomfire often. My co-workers use it far more, I simply provide support when they have an issue. The cause for the title of this review is this: for what little I use of it I see the company makes an effort to add features that the community asks for and while there are things about bloomfire I am not fond of I recognize that they will work that out in time. Also I do not see the cost breakdown for how much our license costs the company so I am not really qualified to give credit to "Value for Money". Finding information through bloomfire is quick and efficient. The posting features are simultaneously robust and incomplete. You can make series of posts to group together work on broad swaths of content on a topic, you can add and remove contributors to give accurate credit. Users can ask and answer questions in a moderated environment. All wonderful. You cannot bulk change contributors (When a member of your staff leaves the company you have to manually edit each of their posts to move the content to new users before deleting the account so information is not lost and even then any answers they have posted will be lost once the account is removed). When crafting a post all text and formatting will shift significantly when publishing ( goes from single line spacing to double or more line spacing, also all of the margins get a 1 to 2 inch shift depending on the size of your monitor, and formatting options are limited). Copy/pasting content from Word or gDocs generally requires a fair amount of re-formatting the content as the editor will either not retain any formatting or will interpret it in a odd way.

Pros

The platforms capacity for moderated knowledge sharing. Search tools work well and there are a number of different ways users can upload content

Cons

Lack of functionality in text formatting tools. Lack of ability to bulk modify posts (recategorize, add/remove users, etc).

Response from Bloomfire

Chris, glad to hear finding information through Bloomfire is quick and efficient. We are releasing an update to our post editor that should resolve your formatting issues. We are also releasing a feature that will allow you to bulk change contributors. We are always looking at ways to enhance Bloomfire and appreciate your feedback!

barbara

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Boomfire review

Not much

Pros

I can't say because I find the site cumbersome to use.

Cons

It is very discombobulated in terms of being able to find an item or article. Articles show up helter skelter in most cases An alphabetical listing would make much more sense. In our site, the most recent articles appear first, which is nice but a lot of what is in our Bloomfire account if for reference purposes. There should be an optional way to view articles--1) the current way things show up and 2) an alphabetized listing

Not my choice, Objective Management made the decision

Response from Bloomfire

Hi Barbara, we currently provide the ability to sort articles by publish date, update date, alphabetical, or by popularity. These sort options are available on the homepage and search results screen. If you have any other product questions, please don't hesitate to contact Bloomfire Support.

Replied July 2020

Carlos

Great way to socialized sales content and news

It allowed us to have a searchable content repository of sales collateral and training as well as an announcement board for news and market research.

Pros

The "timeline view" for latest content and news. It allows sales to have a quick refresh of the latest developments in the business.

Cons

The search engine could use some optimization and has no easy tools to build product taxonomies which limits a bit its adoption as a sales enablement tool

Using Bloomfire as To Access Central Resources and Answers

Pros

SImple navigation and UI Clean design and organization of content Good responsiveness Nice app interface and functionality

Cons

Lacks a simple ability to DM account users Filtering is not elegant and seems to stick at times requiring repeated clearing Inconsistent ability to download on the app

Dino

Industry: Research

A decent knowledge management platform

Pros

The engagement part of it, with tracking/following separate contributors/topics/series. I also like the overall layout of the lessons you can customize.

Cons

Organizing the lessons doesn`t always go as planned - lots of times tags that are supposed to be in a series or topic end up somewhere else...

Rob

Good General Product

It is a nice platform. Sometimes it is hard to follow. Update changes are a little too extreme sometimes where it is hard to catch back up to the content you are seeking, especially for those who only enter it periodically. Keep the updates to a minimum, and don't change just for the sake of change to refresh. Keep the controls simple and in the same place. Eliminate the need for a new learning curve every time something changes. The product is good, and the information is still there, but the searching and viewing gets more and more difficult with too frequent of changes you don't quickly recognize... and I am in it everyday! Maybe offer a classic view, along with your updated views when you feel the need, like Salesforce did. Change for the sake of change is not a positive thing for every day users. The updates are too frequent and clumsy.

Pros

The search tool, and how it brings up all related material to peruse.

Cons

Constant little adjustments in the editing and viewing field confuses daily operations. It loses it intuitiveness and speed and ease of use.

Michele

Knowledge in one place

The customer service is the best I've ever had from any company.

Pros

All of our collateral is on one place and searchable. As an admin, I can curate and monitor age of items as well so our knowledge warehouse doesn't become a dumping ground.

Cons

There are some clunky HTML tools you have to use if you start to dig into all the features. They do allow you to customize to your company fonts and styles but they have other formatting such as page spacing locked down.

Search feature

Melissa

Industry: Research

Overall a Good Product

Like most software, there is room for improvement but this definitely gets the job done and features a sleek, clean look that all can easily enjoy and navigate.

Pros

Easy to navigate and clean look

Cons

The search ability and lacking ability to post to different communities from one spot - having to repost the same content across several communities with different categories and tags is cumbersome. I'd like to post from one place with different selections for each community rather than 3 different posts.

Response from Bloomfire

Hey Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Bloomfire.. In regards to your feedback, inside our ¿Beta¿ post editor, you can post across different communities and add community specific categories. We¿d love to show you through this process to help alleviate some of the post difficulties that you are coming across. Please contact us at support@bloomfire.com and we¿d be happy to setup some time to speak with you!

Ralph

Industry: Machinery

We love Bloomfire from a development perspective.

We support our entire sales staff using Bloomfire with up to date product materials, case studies and great colaboration with our people in the field. We use bloomfire's api to dole out our manuals, technical data, images and more to our iOS and Adroid apps as well as all of our web sites. We put a document in one place (Bloomfire) and then serve it out to all others making BF our system of record!

Pros

Its ease of use for posting and sharing content. Its searchablility of content and the clean way it delivers the results.

Cons

The cost. It is very hard to justify to upper management that does not see the value based on the same values the dev team does. We constantly have to push back against management who wants to move towards a cheaper knowledge base system.

Alyse