• Pros

• "We using cloudinary to upload the user pictures. This is fantastic because , we can transform the user photos to reduce the bandwidth and cut photos for example. "

• "Cloudinay allowed us to easily store all the images that we have in our application. Currently, all our profile images from our application are stored on Cloudinay."

• "This is an affordable option for hosting our website assets. It's much more affordable than Amazon Web Services."

• Cons

• "But I don't like taking all the memory by this software, that's all the problem I can find for this software."

• "Honestly, we did not find anything that we can not do with this application based on the purposes of the application, that is to store and apply transformations to images."

• "- Some features can be confusing to activate such as automatically transcoding videos - Annual pricing offer was not clear in sign-up process - Web interface needed some experimentation to learn"

Browse Cloudinary Reviews

Richard from FACT0RY

Great service, does exactly what it advertises

We need to do image storing, optimizing, resizing & manipulation. Rather than do that ourselves, this service does it all for us. It's saved us a lot of time and money.

Pros

They have lots of clients for use in any language. Their api is intuitive and easy to use. I've had to contact their customer support a handful of times, they've always been super quick to respond and are able to fix my problem. Their service is top notch - sometimes it's a little slow, but that can be fixed with optimizations.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming because it does SO MUCH. And their docs could be laid out a little neater.

Best alternative cloud storage you can use

Pros

When I starte using appybuilder software to make application I only know about firebase console of Google for cloud storage but later appybuilder updated more options for cloud storage then one day I saw about cloudinary storage and I started search for this software and when I saw the features and functions of this software I really amazed because they are very simple and easy.just create folders whatever you want name the folder and upload your videos or photos.It will give you a url link for your videos or photos that's it share them where ever you want.Great option for cloud storage I ever used

Cons

It comes in free version and paid version i used free version and the storage comes 25gb per month on free version.it is some a little less for who needs more storage because i created a whatsapp status videos app but i uploaded videos up to my free storage and i waited for next month for my quota.when someone uses free version if it's good then he will definitely go for paid version.I think some more storage need to give under free version

Christopher from Webfactory

Very good but can be expensive.

Very simple to resize and manipulate images but it really is just too costly in the long run for us

Pros

This is a great piece of kit if you're looking to outsource image manipulation completely and really does do everything you'd probably ever need.

Cons

It can very expensive if you have a lot of image manipulation to do. Especially when you can do everything they offer without outsourcing for free.

Graham from Positive

The DAM which grows with your requirements

Our clients often need a centralised DAM which can store large quantities of assets. One client wished to run a competition which required them to upload a video from a website, Cloudinary proved the perfect service to integrate with. The development team quickly integrated with the platform and issues during testing were ironed out with the help of the Cloudinary support team. Based on this experience we have rolled out the platform to several other clients over the past 18 months.

Pros

- Great support from the Cloudinary development team - Willingness to enhance the product based on your requirements - Good features which can be deployed when required - Good API and widgets available for developers - Competitive pricing

Cons

Very easy to implement, too costly for what it is and unfortunately a terrible support.

Pros

Very easy and quick to implement. Great technical solutions which covers all kind of image delivery aspects. Simple but effective user interface. A lot of online resources and best practice cases.

Cons

I am using their service with two different projects for a couple of years now. To be fair I have to fully differentiate between the use cases and the expectations one might have as a user. - We have implemented Cloudinary in an application with millions of images and I must say the value for money is not great compared to some of their competitors, especially if you do not use all their features. Though that is something one knows in advance and can very well factor in. But what is not acceptable to us is the fact that e-mails go unanswered for a couple of days and the support on the business side is very weak. Be prepared paying thousands of dollars without any support. - For one project we are still on the free plan and their is actually nothing to complain about as it technically works perfect and it is superbe value for money. To my point Cloudinary is great for very small and small projects but if your intention is to integrate Cloudinary in a business solution which might need support once a year think again.

Frank from SixPlus

Cloudinary serves up your images admirably with powerful features to spare

Cloudinary provides an indispensable service for anyone managing an image-heavy website. It's also incredibly reliable and works seamlessly once it's been set up. Replicating Cloudinary's features would be a tall order for any development team.

Pros

Serving up photos can be a real headache when you account for the different sizes you need to serve up to different devices and situations. Cloudinary handles most of that complexity, allowing you to simply set a series of flags that will handle everything from compressions settings to cropping factors. I wouldn't know where to start if I needed to do all of that in-house.

Cons

Cloudinary has so many features and what seems to be a few different ways to set it up, that I sometimes feel I'm not getting the most out of it. Its pricing plans can also be slightly mismatched depending on your site traffic, especially when you have high storage needs.

Cheaper and Easier

The initial demo we got blew us away and the product has continued to be just as advertised. We save money using Cloudinary and our site performs better. I'd recommend it to anyone considering Cloudinary

Pros

Cloudinary has allowed us to replace our previous asset management software on our site. It is much cheaper and easier to design with. It also integrates much more seamlessly with our order processing tool than the tool we previously used.

Cons

We really didn't have any issues. Switching to Cloudinary was a no brianer and the transition has been very painless.

An impressive online Image editing tool.

Monthly 20gb free storage and bandwidth just free, with optimization of your software and lots of integration and plugins to support any platform. It is best for my type of work.

Pros

I have to share the preview picture with the client on a project basis before final production. I am very happy with 20gb space that came with registration and same for bandwidth. Now some of my problems are solved. For social media upload, I can just resize uploaded image on the go using URL, which is a very nice feature. The online optimization of images for web use saves lots of my bandwidth. It is very easy to control and add effects just a few clicks. As it, workes from the browser and I don't have to install anything on my computer, less headed for data loss.

Mitch from Pencil Kings

Cut our file sizes in half!

We cut our user uploaded file sizes in less than half which means faster load times, less server space, and Cloudinary was able to do this for us without any perceivable loss in quality - it all just happens like magic!

Pros

There is a LOT you can do with Cloudinary, so if image manipulation is your thing you will be very pleasantly surprised once you look at all options you have to work with your data. The reason we went to Cloudinary was to optimize the images, and without any noticeable loss in quality Cloudinary has helped us reduce the image file sizes by 50-60+%, which is a huge space savings for us.

Cons

The strength of Cloudinary could also be seen as con with so many options to choose from it was a little daunting to get setup initially.

Great features but the admin console gets stuck often

Nice solution for transformation but I suggest you to host your files with other service.

Pros

The transformation options for images, I managed to reduce bandwidth in 50% which is very drastic.

Cons

The admin console isn't very friendly, and I will give a few examples: 1) Breadcrumbs in media library - I don't understand why not showing the full breadcrumbs, there is a space for it, so if I need library no.2 I have to click on the parent library and then look for it there. 2) The drag and drop/upload tool isn't good, I tried to upload a few files and it got stuck, they have a lot to catch up with google drive UX/UI. 3) It isn't possible to select all folders like assets from some reason.

Easy to use, intuitive interface, great for Email Marketing team of 1

Pros

Cloudinary is super easy to use. As the solo Email Marketer for my company, I am frequently swapping out images, setting up templates with new images, editing things, etc. and I was able to jump into the role and start cranking emails out right away. Once we get the code back from our agency, I am able to easily and quickly upload all visual assets to Cloudinary and I'm on my way with my emails! I particularly like the fact that I can upload a batch of images, and update the reference URL in the HTML file to the same prefix and everything flows through.

Cons

The search functionality to find old images you've already uploaded is pretty dismal. Not sure if it's user error on my part, but I had the exact name of the jpg file I was looking for, tried to search for it and no results were found. I tried to add image file type (.jpg and .jpeg) to the end of the name and still no dice.

Feature-rich, flexible, and just a joy to work with.

Pros

You can get exactly the image size, type, and crop you want, purely by modifying the URL. You can organize your assets into folders, and you can store any file type you need. I use it to store PDFs, ZIP files, and, of course, images.

Cons

The media library admin tool is not the most intuitive to use. The back/forward buttons on my mouse don't go back in state (I have to use the nav links in the UI to navigate back from an image to the folder its contained in, etc). Updating images can also be a pain. I've found that if I delete and re-upload an updated image, I can't click to go into editing it/generating a URL to serve it with unless I open it in a new tab.

Amazing software to store images and apply transformations

Cons

Great tool to upload your images

With cloudinary we use it to upload our users photos. After that we can transform them via url, to reduce bandwidth our cut it.

Jerico from Dream Days Tourism LLC

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

My go to image hosting

Pros

The interface is easy to understand. Uploading an image is easy by drag and drop and linking to our site is no hassle.

Cons

Nothing so far. It's versatility specially now that they are improving by giving tips to better use there hosting is impressive.

Aaron from Sparkk TV

Industry: Broadcast Media

Image Manager for Websites

Pros

Being able to serve my images off server and through a CDN. Makes it easy to group my images into custom folders for easy locating and gives an easy way to get the link to serve the image on your website.

Cons

The help documentation is a little hard to understand and for first-time users it doesn't give a good tutorial on the advanced features, they become more learn over time features on our own.

Marissa from Greater Palm Springs CVB

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Affordable Cloud Storage

Pros

Cons

Files are not compressed so it can affect website loading times.

Cloudinary an excellent tool for managing images

Pros

It is a very simple tool, its official website provides an excellent section that explains in detail how to use Cloudinary in many situations, either for the management of images or videos. It has a relatively low cost, that is, it is quite accessible for all types of users and does not require a very expensive computer.

Cons

It can be a somewhat complex application for a person who is not familiar with this type of software because its interface is complex and the technical support team takes a little time to respond.

Marcelo from Red Emprender Chile

a serious and safe bet.

Pros

1.- with just entering your account you can realize that it is a storage cloud for images much more serious than Tinypic or photobucket since in the most advanced use it allows to keep record and data of the countries that most visit the photos and videos , as well as the top images, the browsers that were used and several other data that you may need to take control of your web page. 2.- In my case, I only use it as storage and to share photos of my trips, which is why it is perfect for me. It also links easily and quickly with Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram allowing you to search the images hosted on these networks to save them in your cloud. 3.- You can choose different types of accounts from a free one to an advanced account. The free version allows image files of a maximum size of 10mb and videos of 100mb in size, while the advanced version allows images of 40mb and videos of up to 1GB.

Cons

It can be difficult to get used to your environment because it has several options for people who work in web pages and need file storage, but for a normal user like me it does not make any sense, since I only want to upload my photos and share them with who I want.

Orlando from iBuildWeb.Solutions

Feature rich photo and video storage!

Pros

I really love the variety of features. There are many different API implementations and different rules, such as cropping, storage location, etc. that can be applied to incoming files.

Cons

The interface was a bit confusing at first, but after reading through a little documentation I was able to figure it out and within a couple of hours I had a fully functioning API setup allowing users of my website to easily add and update photos.

Kabiru from FlexiSAF Edusoft Limited

my #1 media assets management platform

Superb page load speed performance for my web app that reference media assets from Cloudinary

Pros

when I used cloudinary to host my images and videos and reference them to my web app, I noticed increase in page load performance of my app. Really happy about that

Cons

though free plan is provided, but premium plans seems to be some expensive especially if someone i to host alot of media assets

Jerry from Education Management

A GO-TO FOR PICTURES AND VIDEOS

Overall, I have had a blast using Cloudinary. It saved me a ton of time and code when I had to incorporate images inside of my code.

Pros

very easy to use! Saves, edits, and updates pictures and videos easily. Connecting to different databases is relatively easy once you learn how to do it the first time.

Cons

DIfficult to understand at first. However, after you learn how to use it, you will be fine and on your way to success.

JOHN from Consumer Services.

very bad service from support

Support is rubbish. Simply trying to remove the code after deciding I no longer want the software. I could not get a firm pricing for the future. Support cant help remove it.......there are no instructions available on how to remove it.

Pros

I didnt get to try it. Too complicated and pricing too vague. With no clear answers

Cons

When I want to remove the code from my store , suddenly support don't know how to do this and cant help, so now I am stuck with this code in my store

Samir from Office Tools

Storage is not a problem anymore

If you need a quick and hassle free solution to storage not only for images but also for files. Then cloudinary is the way to go. Their backend systems are based on Amazon's storage structure so you are in good hands. Their API is very well written and very easy to use. Within no time we could integrate their API into our software and have securely stored all our business's receipts, pictures in cloudinary.

Caitlin from FLDWRK

Quality Image Storage & Hosting

Pros

This app does it all when it comes to image storing, optimizing, resizing & manipulation. Rather than doing it all ourselves, this service does it all for us and ensures that all of our hosted images are sized correctly and responsive. A huge time & money saver!

Cons

It's a little complicated to use and their interface design isn't the best, but as far as functionality goes it does what it needs to do!

Paul from Kizzler

web based image management made simple

free version to try is great. we are now a paying customer and we value the automatic responsive settings. customer support is brilliant. our only concern is when we hit scale the costs will rise significantly.