What are Confluence users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Confluence software through verified user reviews

2,316 Reviews

1,219

• icon"The plugin is handy and are what makes it really rich although the cost of the plugins can start to add up if they are used they are good value."
  • icon"Awesome document syncing for online collaboration. Superb permission management for critical security of confidential data."
  • icon"Do almost anything with the documentation by just using the internet browser is really awesome. The integration with jira is pretty good."
  • icon"Confluence is not the most intuitive program and learning to properly navigate it took a while. I also dislike that it is possible for one corrupted page to crash a whole file."
  • icon"I dislike that Confluence gets a little confusing with multiple links for the same page (a long link and a short link), but it is hard to differentiate."
  • icon"Confluence syntax is confusing for new users, its preview function is not working well when having micro or embed script."

Browse all Confluence Reviews

• Have you used Confluence and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,307 reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Great way to share content and track project goals and outcomes

jason

Confluence reviews 2022

From project planning to tasks & team management, Confluence is equal to the task and has been a time saver for our team ( at super sales guys and gals) and it's with all confidence that I RECOMMEND THIS TOOL.

Pros

In one paragraph, Confluence provides a variety of team collaboration solutions that are very essential for productivity growth. It's extremely affordable and very reliable. It's a must-have tool if you wanna gain absolute control over your team's performance.

Cons

Ain't got no issues with Confluence by far. It's awesome

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Also very good but, It's way more exorbitant in terms of pricing( I think so). Basecamp is also very good.

Samuel

Agile Project Management Platform

Document management. Team collaboration. File sharing. Task management and product roadmap.

Pros

I like that Confluence allocates an extended range of tools from task management, collaboration to file sharing in one spot.

Cons

Confluence allocates all tools that I require, I can’t complain on my end.

Denise

All-in-one collaboration platform

Aids in the development of specialized work areas, wherein employees may carry out their duties in a relaxed and conducive setting. Integrating with other Atlassian products, as well as third-party apps, makes the platform more robust. It's easy to implement, fits any budget, and can help any business expand its operations.

Pros

Atlassian Confluence is a platform for teamwork and information exchange that has helped our company greatly improve its operations. The platform is accessible to all users and features a straightforward interface, enabling our company to set up shared workspaces where employees can efficiently complete a wide range of assignments. It's steady, and it's facilitated the simple expansion of our holdings.

Cons

There was a difficult learning curve for some of our less tech-savvy consumers to become proficient on the site. Some users may find it inconvenient that customer service is only offered in English.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

If an organization's goal is to increase productivity by 50 percent, then Atlassian Confluence is the tool to use since it facilitates the creation of several shared workspaces and the exchange of ideas among employees. Workflow and productivity will both increase because to the platform's ability to centralize and standardize a variety of tools and processes.

Justin

Confluence For the (Easy) Win

Pros

Confluence has become the defacto wiki tool for most of the companies that I've worked with. The barrier to entry is super simple and VERY easy to setup (either Enterprise deployment or in the Cloud). Either way, most engineers I know these days are very familiar with Confluence. There are also a ton of plugins and enhanced features that you can bolt onto Confluence which make it robust and scalable.

Cons

There are a few things I don't like about Confluence: 1. The search functionality is a bit... wonky (?) to use... they try to load predictive results, which don't open in a new page automatically, it takes too long to load sometimes and if you press 'enter' and don't wait for the predictive results to load it takes you to entirely new page where the results have to load again. Also if you try to search before the JS has fully loaded the search doesn't work, takes your focus away. This means I have to be very slow when using the search feature and it easily frustrates me. 2. They advertise all these awesome plugins and support widgets, which cost a ton of money, but they only apply at the space level, not an individual account level. I'd be more inclined to buy stuff if I could also apply it to my personal Confluence account and take it with me. There are features like enhanced project management, and task management, and charting, and RTF features that I want, but the last two organizations LOCK THIS DOWN and getting a plugin installed is like moving heaven and earth. 3. Im a web dev and an embedded systems engineer. I like to touch things. Confluence can be a bit locked down sometimes and regid in the HTML5 layouts and JS run on page. I wish I could be an 'advanced user' and just make the changes within page. But I cannot. Im stuck with the one size fits all. All of that said, they are gripes of a dev, but otherwise the wiki space is pretty fantastic. I use it daily!

Reasons for choosing Confluence

The price + feature set met the needs of everyone.

Rebecca

Confluence for Process Management

Overall, I enjoy having Confluence as a resource within my organization

Pros

What I enjoy about Confluence is the ability to search documentation within my organization from one place

Cons

Confluence can be difficult to navigate at times and the search functionality does not always yield the best results

Ashish

Best tool for Project Management in Industry

Confluence helped to decommission code check in tools like SVN and fileshare in organization. Verison control feature always helps to mitigate any risk during release and build deployment activities. It saved enough time and human efforts for data n file managments for multiple projects. Confluence turned to be life savior for many projects in cost effctive model.

Pros

Confluence is very user friendly so no need to spend time and money on employee training and learning. It is time saving tool in agile project lifecycle reducing heavy documentation and support. Better customer support compared to other vendors and softwares. Cost effective and resilient for Risk management and project planning activities.

Cons

Build deployment sometimes take time and version controlling mechanism require better practice for stability

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Easy,user friendly,cost effective and version control ability to mitigate project risk

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Efficiency and ease of use for confluence is better than Jira. It can be integrated to different sources for data management. Easy to work within Service Now platform compatibilty with Confluence

Ck

May 2022

Feature rich, but not very user friendly

Pros

It's a great content management/Wiki tool for collaboration and knowledge base creation. It has many integrations available out of the box, especially Atlassian products. Once you understand how it works for authors, many powerful features are available. I really like the tree structure that lets you nest topics. This makes organization easy to create and locate relevant information quickly by skipping directly to the info.

Cons

It can be daunting to get the hang of how things work as a new user. The user interface is simple, but some of the more powerful features require a bit of research and playing around to understand. We also frequently run into permission issues and user syncing with our IDP. We have tickets open with the vendor that took a long time to be acknowledged as bugs and after months, they are still not fixed.

Shefali

Excellent Documentation, Content management and collaboration platform

Confluence is a great tool for document and content management and also helps in team collaboration.

Pros

Product and Project Documentation management, Team Collaboration, Content management, integration with Jira, Draw.io

Cons

Cannot use it as a document file storage and also no workflow mechanism for document reviews and approval.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Needed tool to support team collaboration, discussion and not act as mere file storage.

Federico

Great product for a Small / Medium Bussiness

My experience using Confluence is great, we stopped having several places to store the same information or share results, now we share everything in one place.

Pros

Allows to have one single place for all the company's documentation, this reduces efforts and allow an easy more controlled data sharing. We have very interesting possibilities with other collaboration tools. It is very easy to use, just type, tag and share. Just like using any social network.

Cons

Even though this is a very easy to use tool, sometimes the navigation is not so easy to understand. Users cannot see edits in a document in real time like Docs in Google Drive. Lastly, some formatting options are quite basic, a little or more options would be appreciated.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Because the relation quality - price in confluence was greater.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Confluence has better integrations with other tools.

April 2022

Life saver for software projects

I have been using confluence every day for the last five years and I love how efficient and easy confluence is to use. It allows you to organize your pages into different spaces according to your needs and has an amazing set of tools for content editing. I remember before we used to store our data in JIRA cards or in MS word everything was just all over the place without any management. Now confluence is our one-stop solution for all our documentation needs. Using confluence we have all our content in one place and well organized

Pros

Confluence is the most useful documentation tool of all time. It allows you to have all your documents in one place and not only that but it organizes them so very well. The number of tools it provides for editing a document is just amazing, something that is missing in all other documentation tools. The customizable templates are very useful too. I love adding images and videos to my documents, arranging the texts in blocks or tables, highlighting the important notes, etc. Confluence lets me do all of this. I also like how it allows collaboration of multiple people and highlights the contributors.

Cons

I did not find any cons in the product itself but I would like to see better support service for confluence

Reasons for switching to Confluence

The tools we used before were not as flexible as we wanted them to be and provided limited content editing features hence we switched to confluence

Pulkit

June 2022

One stop tool for documenting almost anything

Overall, the feature is a good to have and can make life easy by providing a single stop platform for all the documentation and giving a knowledge hub.

Pros

Collaboration with numerous tools already in use by our company like Asana, Slack, Miro Board, Google Sheets, etc. , Ease of use and sharing documents just by a click, and Permission handling of users.

Cons

Struggle to share snippets of code and adhering to syntax, and not having a flowchart builder feature.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Confluence has better integrations with other softwares and is a dedicated platform for documentation. Also, we wanted to have a platform where a Knowledge Library can be created and managed easily which confluence gave us.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

To incorporate a range of features that confluence offers and docs don't. Most important being integration with tools and Miro board.

Tanuj

March 2022

Good collaboration tool which is like an internal Wiki for the company

We use Confluence to make release notes, unit test case documents, user manuals, document sharing. We use Jira for issue tracking and the integration of Confluence with Jira is very critical as we can track all the documents for a feature or for an issue from Jira itself.

Pros

The best thing I like about confluence is that it encompasses a large number of features. Mostly software companies work in an agile environment and this tool provides all the features needed for the team to excel. We use it for collaboration, for storing the project features and use cases, the unit testing documents etc. It also provides Gantt charts and other useful features as well. It has a mobile access as well which is like a cherry on the cake.

Cons

There are very less free apps and those apps are poorly implemented. The design is somewhat not so much flexible. The styling of the documents is somewhat restricted.

Christopher

Industry: Farming

June 2022

Great for an internal and.or external knowledge base!

Pros

I enjoy using Confluence because it is user-friendly & intuitive. It is also cloud-based, so there is virtually no maintenance on our side other than the content.

Cons

Some of the organization features for organizing pages could be a little better, or maybe just having some "best practices" explaining some examples on how to best manage pages & documetns for different scenarios.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Price was a major factor, and we liked the UI of Confluence better.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Needed a system that was made for a knowledge base, rather than jsut having a bunch of Google docs in a folder.

Hossein

April 2022

Keep everything in one place, best KMS in software projects!

We are using Confluence for more than 4 years and in multiple projects and compnaes. I can say this too is awesome and although still have lots of space for improvement, but the current version is truly reliable for enterprise-level companies.

Pros

Easy to use and high integration level with other Atlassian tools is the most interesting part of Confluence. There are more powerful software out there, but none of them has this integration level in a full bundle that Atlassian offers.

Cons

Managing tables (with a huge amount of data) is not easy here, so usually, we prefer to attach excel files, but if it was more powerful in managing sheets, definitely we like it more!

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Better integration with other Atlassian tools that we use during our daily work in the company.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Better document and file management system, Higher access level management system. Better price and very better ease of use.

Kelly M

March 2022

In our workflow, Confluence has shown to be a valuable and important resource

Our business-requirement tracking software, Confluence, was utilized as a repository for project documents and to communicate needs with other departments. As part of our development and documentation process, we utilize Confluence.

Pros

The text and widgets you may embed on a page can be customized to my liking. Confluence, on the other hand, allowed us to begin integrating code samples into our documentation. Organizing pages into trees is another a feature that I enjoy, and it's easy to use.

Cons

Load times are the most difficult part of the product. There is a noticeable lag while loading pages with numerous tiers of documents, at least in the Cloud edition. Aside from that, the wiki/documentation functionality functions as planned.

Firas

Confluence for Knowledge Management and Agile Project Management

Confluence is a must-have software in all big companies to encourage collaboration and provide an Agie project management tool for team coordination.

Pros

The software is very flexible to customize, scale to integrate and add advanced features of collaboration.

Cons

Notifications and updates emails sent to users are sometimes boring and repetitive. I prefer to have some new ways to highlight changes in a better interactive way.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

These are some of the features that are available in Confluence over other competitors: Strong user community and strong consulting partnership Product roadmap and future vision Product functionality and performance Pre-existing relationships Overall cost

Emrah

March 2022

An enterprise solution for documentation and others

I use this tool for more than fifteen years. It is a kind of industry standard.

Pros

Because it is a wiki-based documentation system, content creation and tracking is very easy. Integration with other Atlassian products like Jira and bitbucket is fascinating. These integrations allow the users to track and follow the project easily. Also, the versioning system is perfect for remembering history.

Cons

For small companies or startups, it is not affordable. WYSWYG editor can be improved, especially creating and managing tables is not easy.

June 2022

Best in class document management, collaboration, and knowledge management solution!

We wanted to sunset SharePoint services and move to a more inclusive tool, and Confluence allowed us to do so.

Pros

No training needed to figure out how to use this tool which provides a return on investment second to none. As well, the document management side with a simplified navigation structure to locate what you need when you need it creates for a very productive environment.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Confluence.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Management of the tool was cumbersome, and SMEs were needed across the enterprise. We needed to take resource time back so that we could focus on business rather than managing a tool.

Maria

Optimal Documentation Resource

Pros

Confluence has access to all Jira dashboards, allowing documents to be backed by tasks. There are ready-to-use templates for a variety of document kinds. To reduce repetition, you might construct a hierarchy for your documentation and link it to each other.

Cons

Adding the ability to personalize forms would be a useful tool to utilize. I would appreciate more intricate support for search engines for discovery while searching, rather than just typing the exact term.

Laura

Confluence brings our Teams together

We use Confluence daily and could not live without it.

Pros

Confluence allows us to easily document our processes and features so that all team members can easily access it at any time. We recently started using Team Calendars and have found multiple uses for it across many teams.

Cons

The permissions can be confusing and sometimes duplicated when you are restricting to individual teams or users. Search could be improved.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

We switched to JIRA and after seeing the vast improvements it made decided to implement Confluence as well.

Vinnod

February 2022

Good One

Pros

Its good for wiki and knowledge sharing.

Cons

Knowledge sharing at one place for team.

Melissa

May 2022

So far, it is the best tool for teamwork

With the help of confluence, we're able to work together on our project even though our team members are located all over the world and come from a wide range of backgrounds. As a result, all of the project's information may be stored in a single location, making it convenient for everyone involved. This is a huge time-saver.

Pros

Confluence provides a safe method for sharing knowledge and working on projects among team members. The main business, Atlassian, provides a wide range of reliable plugins. Because everyone on the team can make changes to the document repository and see when and who made them, this is one of the finest features of confluence's document sharing and management system.

Cons

Many plugins are available, and it might be difficult to pick the ideal one for our purposes. This takes up a lot of time. The guidelines are typically adequate.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Confluence functions as a knowledge base, website, or reference for your product or service by storing all of the relevant information about your project, program, company, etc. Creating, organizing, and maintaining various UX artifacts for various project spaces is a simple process.

Charles

April 2022

Good software, but not quite GREAT software.

We needed a document/knowledge depository. We ended up using Confluence for Knowledge Depository, it had too many limitations and too expensive to integration to use for Document Management. It did the job for knowledge management, but was very similar in features and functionality to other products that do this as well. We tried to adapt it for Customer Success management and meeting note taking but many users found it too difficult to use it regularly and it became shelf ware for this purpose.

Pros

I like the version control features of Confluence, it's very easy to use and visibly see changes. Being able to build account dashboards with tasks from various business reviews was also a nice feature though had some limitations.

Cons

The bullets formatting can be very frustrating and acts very strange sometimes. Confusing sign-in credentials for SSO when used with JIRA.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

More features and customizability.

Rosy

March 2022

Great to work with for a remote company

We are a remote company, and we need all of our policies and processes in one place. Confluence has really helped us to solve this particular aspect, as now we can just put everything together in one document - the final user now don't have to keep navigating to multiple places in multiple platforms, as now everything is maintained in confluence.

Pros

Since we work remotely, confluence is the main repository for our documents (I belong to the People & Ops team and we have a lot of policies and processes documents to maintain). Here is what I like the most about confluence: 1. I feel its a perfect combination of a word and a presentation file; you can be as creative as you want with your content with no length limit (like in a presentation file) 2. I absolutely love how we can create sections within the document - makes the whole document look absolutely organized 3. We also can create indexes like in books so it's very convenient to find any particular topic that we are looking for 4. Easy to create and share any document 5. If you are collaborating with multiple people on a document, it's very easy to assign a certain task to them using the tagging and action item feature 6. You get amazing options to complete your document - layouts, table, heading, alignment of text/images, emoji 7. Also if you have not tried the insert function yet, you are missing out a whole deal there - with so many options to choose from, this makes the document very very interactive

Cons

All the features in confluence are great. However, since I am also a user of the google sheet and word, the only pinch I feel - and this is about every time I use Confluence - is the lack of font to choose from. The default font is good as it makes the whole document look very professional. But for documents where we actually want to add more fun, I believe, we would definitely need more fonts :)

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,307 reviews