What are Designrr users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Designrr software through verified user reviews

• icon"I (and my members/clients) love the attractiveness and convenience of the Flipbooks. I love the fact that Designrr cuts my desktop publishing time in half."
  • icon"Thank goodness for designrr. I tentatively bought it at an extremely low price hoping that it would help me in the production process."
  • icon"I liked the ease of implementation with this product."
  • icon"Support said I copied bad code and that's why my book breaks. Fonts change, paragraphs break in many short sentences."
  • icon"Sometimes I was confused with the editing function."
  • icon"Back in 2016, there was not an intuitive feel in its user experience. A bit disjointed compared to today's Designerr."

Browse all Designrr Reviews

• Have you used Designrr and would like to share your experience with others?

Svetla

Super easy and cheap ebook builder

Designrr allows to launch professionally looking ebooks in super short time. They look nice, can be customized easily and then exported into PDF or flipbooks. Perfect for anyone looking to launch ebooks without breaking the bank and without the need to employ a designer. Price is super affordable considering it's a lifetime license!

Pros

Very easy to use. Create your content in Word, then directly import it into Designrr. Then use one of their nice templates and customize if you want. Very easy! No design skills needed and it takes so little time so set up an ebook. Haven't done extremely fancy ebooks but still they look good and neat, totally professional. Also the price is super low and it's for a lifetime license. Can't ask for more really.

Cons

Everything is great! Maybe a bigger choice of templates would be even better, even though there is a good choice even now.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

ease of use and low cost

Yadah

eBook Creation Made Easier

After grabbing the lifetime deal for the basic account and upgrading to the monthly subscription for the pro account I have been slowly learning the system and utilizing the features more and more. It's definitely a learning curve, but the quality of the product is definitely brilliant.

Pros

It's impressive the number of formats you can upload to the Designrr site and it will create a beautiful ebook for you within a few minutes. You can insert blogs, PDF's, Word Documents and even Facebook posts and you'll get a uniform and great product created with the tap of a few keys. The flipbook Generator is one of the features I use the most and it's so powerful for marketing purposes to have the 3D mockup generator of your product that gives clients the ability to envision how the ebook would look in their hands, on their table. The stock images available to use are varied and quality, instantly elevating the overall look of your ebook. There are hundreds of font choices and tiny miniscule editing changes that can be made to ensure the end product is exactly how you want it to look. The transcription option is fantastic for those who utilise a lot of video in their business.

Cons

It is a major learning curve! If you're used to the basic functionality of Canva the Designrr is going to frustrate the heck out of you until you learn where things are situated and how to go about editing each section. It can be a very time-consuming learning curve. There could be more tutorials available and the tutorials should be easier to find.

Reasons for switching to Designrr

I don't have to retype anything or individually edit text boxes - I can just upload a typed document and then tweak the design elements rather than redo the entire thing.

Tiffany

Industry: Publishing

December 2021

Infuriating

100% hated it. I'd ask for my money back if I knew where to start. Never want to bother with this program again. As far as creating PDFs are concerned, Microsoft Word is a thousand times more efficient. Even Canva is a better option.

Pros

Nothing. There was literally nothing I liked about it. From the moment I opted to try this software, I spent twenty minutes of my life trying to get to the checkout page being upsold one thing after another I wasn't interested in. I should have known then to cut bait and get out.

Cons

95% of the time you drag an element to your document, it doesn't take. So you're left clicking and dragging repeatedly until it does what it's supposed to. I selected "apply to all elements" or whatever it says, yet specifically for headers, it never took, leaving me to go through and apply headers to each and every page of the document. No option to apply a drop cap, which is a style choice, but something a lot of people prefer in creating eBook content. I hate that the paragraphs are spaced apart and the options to change that are limited. A lot of ebook retailers will reject books with excessive white space, so this is another frustrating feature. Also, if you have a long paragraph, this program won't split it, but instead moves it to a new page. That leaves you with a bunch of half-full pages because it's moved the content onto the next. I'm not sure if it fixes that issue in a reflowable format, but I'm not wasting my money to find out.

Scott

Designrr, make you ebook with better is best!

Quick to use, easy to edit, but new helpful features means I would need to update my knowledge of Designrr before each use. Great results with no effort and no graphic designer needed. Out put to various formats including Kindle if you get the pro version.. I recommend you get the Pro version, I feel its worth it. Overall a great way to get the best results for your ebook publishing with out all the hassles.

Pros

I liked most is that it makes my eBooks look great without all the crap and hassle I have had to go though before. I'm not a graphic designer so having something that makes my work good right out of the gate is very cool indeed!

Cons

This is being developed with new features and so I found I had to change to way I worked with it so I can use the new features. Not really a con, a benefit that I get new helpful features but I would have to either watch the tutorial video about the new feature or mess around and figure it out.. easy but it keeps changing.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

I needed a focused app that would not do way too much, but would do what it is meant to do very well, and Designrr is this app. They are adding new features fast but only once they work, and so it may end up with a load of features but at least they will work well.

Lynnie

CEO - Author + Online course + membership

The help from Designrr is amazing.

Pros

The product is so easy to use, even for my old non-tech head. I have a VA to help with most of my tech work. However, I can use this product without any outside help.

Cons

Integration was a breeze. I have not had any problems with this software. Has fulfilled my business requirements.

Reasons for switching to Designrr

I found the other product impossible to work with

Robin

Industry: Writing and Editing

Surprisingly, AWESOME!!!

I am a first-time author and have been in public/motivational speaking for years. I was asked at many of my book signings if a digital version of my book was available. Hearing that once was enough to make me investigate my options, but multiple requests moved me to make it happen sooner rather than later. Designrr has made this process easy and inspired me to create more material to publish for my readers. Thank you Designrr for meeting and exceeding my expectations!

Pros

The conversion process from my original medium form to the myriad of Designrr options is smooth and easy, as it should be. The number of unexpected features is exciting and caused me to dive deeper into the tool and look for more ways to create more material to publish. This is a game-changer and has inspired me to be more active and less stressed about my upcoming new releases.

Cons

Finding formatting options was a challenge and using fonts that are in the original document didn't get converted or made available as editable fonts.

Reasons for switching to Designrr

Designrr is easier to use and a more modern interface.

Bill

Great Service

I found a problem with compressed PDFs and the team created a fix within 48 hours.

Pros

I bought this software on a special offer that seemed too good to be true, but it was true! It works well and is easy to use and deploy.

Cons

Nothing really. It does everything I need it to do.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

Every other product could not do something I wanted or was way too expensive for my non-profit organization.

Lauren

Once you get the hang of it, this is a good way to create ebooks and PDFs.

Once I got over the hump of figuring out how to get the software to do what I wanted, it was a relief because I'd been using Canva, which has unreliable formatting.

Pros

I like the formatting, and the finished product.

Cons

It's a little clunky, and the learning curve is a little difficult.

Reasons for switching to Designrr

Canva, when you're making PDFs, especially longer PDFs can have the formatting go all wonky. I love Canva in general, and I still use it but not for PDFs and ebooks. It's just too annoying. The final product is much more professional using Designrr.io

Anael

Industry: Alternative Medicine

I love it! Will never be without it

I don't have to hire a graphic designer for covers, or have home-made looking covers for eBooks and reports. Designrr elevates everything I put out in print . It's like gift wrapping everything you send to your clients. I'm so proud to use it. I don't spend hours wondering how it will be received. The recipient knows right away the care you put into communicating with them with the level of documents you can create with this awesome software.

Pros

So easy to use. I love the 3D covers. Everything I put out is excellent and professional. I no longer send "just a PDF" as a report. It really gives you that professional edge that I believe puts you at the top of your profession when communicating with your clients and client offers.

Cons

There are no cons as far as I'm concerned. This software is just what we all need in this digital age.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

I have to say...another reason I got Designrr is because of my sister. She is a stroke survivor and wants to DO something with her life (she's getting better), but things have changed. So I told her about Otter.ai and how she can record what she wants into Otter, the app will transcribe it and together we can get her book into print with Designrr! She is pretty excited and I am so grateful for this software. I love it! It gave her another level of hope which is so crucial to recovery!

Ahmed

Content management and publishing at its best

Overall it was a great experience because it made work life much easier for me

Pros

I loved the fact how so many amazing features are combined in a single software makes it quite useful for creators that can’t afford paying for independent softwares in order to avail them otherwise

Cons

As a newbie it gave me a pretty hard time learning how to access and properly use every feature

MamaRed

Simplifies layout & sharing in different formats

I've been around the tech areas since the 80s and have never seen such amazing support from a company, especially given the low price point...$27 with lifetime support is something I've been awed at many times. The annual subscription price is extremely low when you consider the regular updates and the support team. They frequently do webinars and calls that discuss the overall topics of layout, design, tips, tricks, and techniques...again, something I've rarely seen at this price point. I've got layout tools that cost upwards of $1000/seat and can barely get an answer to a question!

Pros

Designrr is a great tool for creating relatively short ebooks, PDF files, Kindle books, and flipbooks. As someone who has done page layout and formatting since the early days of desktop publishing, knowing which tool to use for what purpose is essential. Each format requires specific tweaks to make it work properly for the intended platform and using Designrr has been helpful in creating content upgrades, PDF files, and flipbooks from properly formatted source text. By that, I mean source files that are properly tagged (e.g., using styles in Word and in Google docs) and ready for import into the final layout. It is not, and never was as far as I can tell, meant to be everything for everybody for every purpose. I love that I can have links within the content, create a CTA, store chunks of text to be used in multiple places (short bio anyone?), use branding elements like my logo, font, and colors. I also love that I can download the formatted files to any drive I want, share the files in multiple places, and create content upgrades to go along with blog posts and training courses. I did purchase the upgrade because I wanted (and use) the AI transcription services and import more formats.

Cons

Initially, I was a bit frustrated because of the features I thought were available...when I had a discussion with the support team, I realized I had placed Designrr in the wrong category and was trying to use it as a long document layout tool. Once I developed a better understanding of the "right fit" for the tool, I was golden.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

I didn't choose it "over," I chose it as an addition to tools like FrameMaker, InDesign, and even MS Word (which totally sucks for doing page layout). I wanted something that was intended for short-to-medium short document lengths, and Designrr fits that well.

Jane

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

One of the best on the market

For me Designrr is the means to produce good copy and use in self publishing. I don't use it as effectively as I could do as I try to create my own content, which is time consuming. If I were doing more outsourcing I could no doubt create far more saleable products, and Designrr would help me to get a style of my own to brand my material. I'm still at the discovery stage of my own talent and writing. I use Designrr as a tool to access that, and am very pleased with it/.

Pros

This software has such a huge range of positive features, done for you design or incorporate your own creativity. It is inexpensive when considering the intrinsic value, the range of work you can do with it to produce consistent, professional looking results. For newbies or more experienced users, there is a full range of support and many potential possibilities for creating products that can be used in a number of ways, for individuals and companies, it's the business answer to those who wish to work designing their own products with satisfying results.

Cons

For absolute newbies without a lot of online experience, it can be overwhelming to be faced with so much potential. It is a steep learning curve to start with. Fortunately, if you read the instructions and go through the freely available tutorials, you will learn quickly and efficiently how to proceed to get your ideas manifested. The main advice is, don't try to approach intuitively or you could find you get unstuck by not approaching in the right sequence, or deleting aspects of the software (eg placeholders) that you will need later. Once you have mastered the basics the work can proceed much more quickly. Keep at it!

Reasons for choosing Designrr

The whole package and finished result is pleasing. The next stage, self publishing in my case, is more complicated as Designrr doesn't dictate how you must use it. There are ways to get e-books and paperbacks out there, (Designrr can do far more than just e-books) and not all ways and means are on Amazon. Many independent booksellers won't touch Amazon products, so it can be an advantage to use independent software, and find your own agent, publisher, and professional producers.

Kenneth

Industry: Graphic Design

Designrr Changed The World

Designrr has changed my way of doing things online by enabling me to create content fast and publish it. This software is underpriced and it over delivers. All software creators need to take a page from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] book and learn how to provide this kind of customer support and product.

Pros

I have said it many times and I will say it again. This is the best software that I have ever bought. I have been a subscriber since the beginning in2015/16 and this software only gets better with time. I am just amazed at the upgrades that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the crew have done to Designrr over the years. This is the software that changed the world. I even wrote a blog about Designrr. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I wrote that from my own experience and stand behind it 100%

Cons

No problems. I love everything about Designrr. Anyone that has problems is provided free training by the Designrr.

Eve

Keeping the Eyes on YOU

What is hard to believe, is that there are real people to talk to when I truly can't make something work. That is a real Wow factory!

Pros

Placing a professional element upon the sharing of information and learning puts my products above the competition. It adds interest and dimension. It is easy to up date and change.

Cons

Some of the details for creating from a typed input can be tedious. I don't want to copy from a blog for all my creations and want to create from scratch into the program. This element works but refinement may make it much faster!

Reasons for choosing Designrr

I don't remember how many I looked at. When beginning, it all seems so complicated. To have a real response to even the most basic questions, gave me power and hope. Now I am on my way... Life has taken a few turns and this project has gone on hold due to my 8+ children and job changes and grand children. But I am ready to leave my "song" out into the world and help others in a most entertaining and educational way... with as little time away from my "people" as possible. Thank you!

Vas

Industry: Environmental Services

E-books in minutes!

The software did what I was told it would: it took my blog posts from submitted URLs, and imported the text only versions. I assembled new e-books in minutes. I believe all bloggers will love Designrr. I have hundreds of blog posts and I will assemble them into new e-books. For example, Landscape side-hustle will re-purpose the best side-hustle blog posts I have written.

Pros

As a professional blogger, I love the idea of being able to quickly assemble my blog posts into an e-Book. It's a brilliant idea. I tested the Designrr software by publishing four e-books which are now available on Amazon. Search Vas Sladek on Amazon. I'm planning to publish 2-4 more e-books in 2021 and I suspect these will be more polished.

Cons

I struggled with embedding pictures for some reason. This was a bit frustrating because my first e-book was a picture guide and my photos were shot on different phones and in different sizes. I think I just have to use the software more. My editing was horrific. I'm almost ready to publish new e-books and I'm looking forward to it.

Milissa

Why I Love Designrr

I am so happy that I found Designrr. It was exactly what I had been looking for and at an affordable price with easy startup and quick results. If you want a product that is easy to use, quick to help you produce great content and at an affordable price, I highly recommend Designrr. Oh, and you will be surprised when you receive regular email tips on using Designrr and information on other added enhancements . That was an added bonus I had not expected with this product, so thank you Designrr!

Pros

What I like about Designrr is that it is very affordable, simple, easy and straightforward - I was up and running in minutes! The Standard Designrr gives you the ability to import and edit your own content in 9+ different ways and to upload your own images for your project so you have the flexibility to create whatever you want. I use it to create Tips, E-books and Articles quickly and easily with a professional cover and customized look for my business. The built in Content and Index formatting means that I spend less time and effort creating, formatting and producing my projects and more time on my business.

Cons

This is the perfect product to get started and use quickly, however, there are other features I now want to use in Pro Designrr to give me even more flexibility. The Standard Designrr will not allow me to merge content to create a longer Article or E-book as this is available in the Pro Designrr. There are some limitations around the number of uploads you can do, both in the importing of content, and in the uploading of images but this can be overcome by upgrading to the Pro Designrr edition.

New To Designrr

Designrr has allowed us to improve the quality of our marketing and documentation and to continually bring new collateral in to the business. A real bonus is the excellent support from the help team, they have the answers, they feed back very rapidly and then check in with you to see if you have solved the issue faced. So far I have received excellent support from both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

The speed at which you can create a document in various formats is excellent and then create a flipbook almost immediately is really impressive. Learning to use the software is really easy and the help guides are really useful especially if you are new to this type of software. The creative use of the software can give you an immediate advantage. Its very easy to save, edit, preview and distribute.

Cons

Integration in to the business was very easy and we use it very regularly.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

Value for money, ease of on boarding and integration. The intro explainer guides were very useful and were a great help in choosing to buy the software. I looked around but really felt there was no alternative and therefore chose Designrr and i am pleased i did.

Larry

This software delivers.

As with everything learn a little about the software and how it works. Learn what it supposed to do and let it do it. When I realised this I have made it do wonderful things.

Pros

I like everything about this. There are many tutorials in the help section. You can join the Facebook group. If you are having problems someone else has had they direct to where you can find answers. If you still have questions or have unique problem support is there to help, Just Ask. Learn how the software works and you will have a wonderful experience.

Cons

When I started I thought there were to many templates. I started to learn how they worked and figured which I liked it opened a world of options. There should be a "What this can do for you" as an introduction for those that are starting out. Maybe a "What this won't do" somewhere.

Giacomo

If you have the money for it, it's an instabuy

Providing pricing catalogs with this is quite nice. E-books, and white papers, such a blast.

Pros

This is a no brainer after you get to taste the impact of that flipbook in your customers. The ease of implementation on a website, just remarkable. They gave a lot of thought on the editor design and luckily, in case they failed about thinking of some solution, you still have access to the html editor which it will most likely accept any piece of problem solver there. Pretty accessible, even in these times.

Cons

Although very effective, the editor could improved a lil bit more. Sometimes I find myself struggling why some changes are not taking in place, specially when working with the tables. You could also allow having more than 2 background colors for each column of the table. Let's say you want to make a pricing list formatted as a column matrix and you are offering different plans to your customers. It would be nice to being able of selecting a color per each column. The flipbook is amazing, but I don't see to find myself quite pleased with the size of the book when rendered. It does have a zoom button, yet I would prefer the flipbook to occupy the whole screen (width and height as well) in that way it would really give a feeling that you are reading a book. Like, regardless of the paper size, the flipbook is rendered in such a way that the page takes the whole screen.

Sylvia

I love a resource that is budget-friendly and Over Delivers

I find it a joy to use. I am enjoying the learning process, working my way around all the functionalities and also the bonuses I keep finding inside the app. Thank you to the creators for keeping in mind new marketers, writers, startups, the price is an unbelievable $27 one-time lifetime fee. That is so generous. Thank you.

Pros

I love that I can Write, Edit, Format, and Even Publsh a book in 48 hours or less. The Price at $27 was a cherry on the cake. As a 6 time publisher, I wonder how I survived and wrote all those books without Designrr. I am also able to create lead magnets super fast, give aways, downloadables, eBooks... The Drag and Drop Design templates for all kinds of options like Images, Video, Text, etc is simply ease on speed. Even my non-techie mom would love it. Easy to use, lots of Templates on offer for the book covers, and I am able to format a book for Kindle Publishing THAT For me is a Time saver. I love the resource so far. Thank You.

Cons

Hmm if I am being picky, that I have to create the content off of designrr and pre-edit a lot of it pre-upload. As a writer and tech geek myself, I don't consider this a con at all though. But I guess a new non-techie user might.

Reasons for switching to Designrr

I loved the extras I got with designrr, the ease of use promised and the price was sweeter.

Sotiris

Designrr Review By Sotiris Bassakaropoulos

Great E-book software but don't like paying monthly for the pleasure and don't like the way the affiliate system works.

Pros

I thought the lifetime license for creating E-Books was fantastic value at $27 and makes creating E-books very simple and easy.

Cons

I disliked that the lifetime license only allows you to create Free Ebooks to giveaway and you needed to upgrade to a monthly or annual payment to sell them, I also thought some of the pricing for the video transition was a tad expensive at $300 per month considering it is being done by software. I bought an AI software that costs me $29 per month and it allows me to create as many transcriptions from videos as I want for up to 30-minute videos.

I didn't I just use the lifetime license version to create Free E-Books

Reasons for switching to Designrr

I still use the lifetime license of Designrr to create E-books but use vidnami for creating video transcriptions as $297 per month seems seriously overpriced.

Mary

A must have tool for future progression and professional development!

My overall experience with Designrr is that through purchasing the free trial I was able to see how I could benefit from using the software. I then bought the basic package and used it for a couple of symposium presentations I did in 2020. Then I went and upgraded the package and very pleased with the extra tools on offer here too!

Pros

I love this Designrr software because it allowed me to do things I never thought I could do myself. What's more, is that it allows for access to tools I never knew existed. It has also allowed me to produce high-quality work that is needed in my role as a senior lecturer.

Cons

I am still working on using this platform. A lot of problems encountered at present are of my own doing. To reduce problems I have sought help through chat and calling on support in here to help me, I have also done a monthly study schedule to help prioritize tasks so that I can learn how to use each of the tools and functions online here....so far so good.

Juan

You get what you pay for in the lifetime deals

To me it is a hit and miss relationship. It has some nice features to create ebooks and self-publish but their interface bugs can make the experience unpleasant. Some people love it...others get annoyed.

Pros

I like the available conversion for kindle format and other digital book formats. The newly added 3D cover option is also useful (I'm not sure if this is available in the basic plan) I like the drag and drop functionality and the ability to import from word documents. The more convenient features are available in their agency plan which is an annual subscription but I don't see a need for it.

Cons

It's a little clunky at times. Frequently, I have to go read the html code in order to get it to do what I want to do. It is sold as a plug and play type approach but I have found it frustrating at times when the user interface starts bugging out. The feature to edit all similar elements or just the selected elements, can be buggy at times and sometimes the changes don't stick. It has gotten better over time but I, sometimes, feel like it would be easier to just publish a pdf using MS Word.

Reasons for choosing Designrr

They had a lifetime offer and their marketing video was well done. I was a little disappointed when I started using the product because it wasn't as fast to publish as the video suggested.

Ed

Very easy to use

It's addictive! Where I used to dread writing a book, I am now working on it day and night. It's really beautiful. It really inspires me to work hard. I just can't stop. I would prefer not to do anything else. The result is fantastic. And if I don't know how to solve certain problems in, for example, the layout, I use the chat option. Usually I get help very quickly despite the time difference (I live in the Netherlands; maybe my English is not quite good?)

Pros

It makes it very easy for you to keep your book looking very good and professional. Initially I thought I had to prepare everything in 'Word'. But working in your concept book is also very easy. It makes me very proud of my own book. Or actually 'books'. I already know that I am going to write a whole series with this program. I love it!

Cons

Working with this program makes me so enthusiastic that I don't give myself the time to watch the instructional videos and accompanying texts.

Glenn

Industry: Research

Happy to discover this!

Great service that addresses a need for content creators and designers, with well-done functionality and ease of use.

Pros

I've only been using this service for a short while but am really enjoying it. In my work it's always a challenge to make our content more engaging, and the easy ebook and flipbook creation is really increasing our page reads. Importing and designing content is also easy and intuitive, so I get my work done a lot quicker.

Cons

So far haven't had any problems using it. Having an quick way to have multiple blocks of text become one big text block is on my wish list, but it's not that big of a deal for me.

Reasons for switching to Designrr

Easier to use, runs on the browser so no more slow opening of acrobat app

Designrr