• Pros

• "It looks very nice. Overall design is easy to work with. Receiving reports, when people review, is very helpful."

• "I love that you can upload a document, send it to any recipient, and still update that doc without having to blast everyone that has access. "

• "I really like the analytics it offers that shows engagement of the user. I also like that users can download content if they want. And finally, I love the way content looks on mobile. "

• Cons

• "They have had a few bugs here and there which is lost me some time in work but as they grew and got stronger the service downtime has been minimal "

• "I think you guys could upgrade the logo and look of the interface, but thats not really too relevant as it is about function and function is great"

• "- NO Support for pitch videos - It's little expensive - Sometime the website is very slow."

Browse DocSend Reviews

Dave from Rebel Labs Inc.

DocSend: Don’t raise funds without it!

Having received numerous business plans in the past via DocSend, I was incredibly impressed and quickly decided that we had to use it to communicate with our prospective investors and partners. Getting set up with DocSend was fast and easy, and managing documents and communications has been a breeze. What really keeps me coming back is the fast pace of innovation with new features and ideas. Raising money is a top priority for many companies. DocSend is an essential tool to make fundraising a success.

Pros

Professional, flexible, scalable technology that makes every start-up look good and gives every investor a sense of confidence

Cons

Sometimes confusing to differentiate between content, spaces, etc. Sometimes confusing to figure out how to create custom links.

Reasons for Choosing DocSend

Combination of price and performance

DocSend, The BIG BROTHER of documents and presentations

DocSend has help us out in the sales department to: 1.- Get a much clear idea of how many people are really taking the time to see and read our documents. 2.- Realize who is really interested in the information, since it gives you a report on how many times a single user enters your document. 3.- Get an idea of what page exactly is the one that our users pay more attention to, since we can access statistics of how many minutes per page each user invest on.

Pros

1.-Easy of use for managing documents on the platform 2.-Extremely easy way to upload files to the software 3.-Weekly reports by email 4.- Really love that you could see who access your files, how many times and the time spent per page

Cons

I think personal version almost no reporting, something that could be a withdrawal since next subscription plan is 4.5x more expensive

Reasons for Choosing DocSend

The deep and rich inside information that you can get by using DocSend is impossible to get if you try to use Google docs to share your documents and get an impressive idea on how your clients are using and consuming your information

Wayne from Davis Consulting

Buyer Beware! DocSend Does Not Prevent Document Downloads

Pros

Pricing looked attractive. BUT it turned out this was a "you get what you pay for" situation.

Cons

DocuSend falsely claims that you can set the software to disallow downloading of documents. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] This is NOT true. What they don't tell you is that anyone can simply Print the document to PDF. When I challenged their customer service people on this, they claimed that they couldn't stop it, but that their software would distort the document so it is not readable. It is true that longer multi-page documents were cut off after 5+ pages, but the material that was left was only distorted by less than 10% of the content.... meaning that it is possible that a substantial leakage of your confidential info could occur. It wouldn't be so bad if they simply owned up to the lack of this feature in their software; then a buyer can decide whether the feature is necessary and the rest of the package is worth the price. But their lack of transparency on their website, coupled with their inept customer service response gave me a total lack of trust in this company.

Dr Raj from Funxion

Required Software for any Entrepreneur

Pros

The fact that I can track who views it, where it's viewed, and how many times is a big deal whether for fundraising or business development.

Cons

Yes, I wish I could share videos securely and track views within docsend or with a standalone docsend video feature. It's my number 1 future feature want.

Reasons for Choosing DocSend

My friends said Docsend is the best for Entrepreneurs. I also went to a Docsend networking event when I moved to SF last year and My friends said Docsend is the best for Entrepreneurs. I also went to a Docsend networking event when I moved to SF last year and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. was amazing.

Laura from dexFreight

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great tool to share files securely

Pros

We like the integration with gmail. It allows us to share large files easily, while keeping track of who opens it.

Cons

We feel the e-signature feature needs lots of improvement. We would love to see form completion and signature so we could have share our business agreements/contracts using this platform. Also it will be great to share videos privately and keep track of who watches de video.

Reasons for Choosing DocSend

We still use the other when we need to send an agreement that needs to be signed

Michael from Dart Technologies

Great tool for sending documents and getting quantitative feedback

Valuable tool for fundraising and sales documents

Pros

Awareness of when your audience engages with time sensitive documents (eg fundraising pitchdecks)

Cons

Generally good value - our usage ebbs and flows so wish we could price by usage if minimal activity that month

GRANT from DroneSeed Co.,

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Keep your decks confidential-and get feedback

Expiring links on decks hosted in the cloud is super helpful to control where decks go and to whom they're shared with. Its not a silver bullet, but it makes it just a little harder to hit forward and share with someone that may not have as high integrity as you'd hope.

Pros

I love the feedback on the decks I send out to potential investors. Who has reviewed them, how long they spend on them. Its also VERY mobile friendly so that's amazing. I've heard from 1st hand sources of companies where well meaning investors offered to share a competitor's deck (they declined). This is less likely to happen with DocSend and a link that expires on a date you set. Especially impressed with the new features that the DocSend has rolled out in the last month.

Cons

I want the same features and support for video!

Daniel from QUARTERS PROPERTIES UK LIMITED

Great tool, great UX

great, use it all the time, I promote it actively

Pros

control confidential information, get insights, simple and good UX

it does the job for me

Oleg from Cotano

One of the best tools to measure customer engagement

Pros

The Top-3 features I really like are: 1) viewing total time a user spent on every page to track what pages works well and what should be improved 2) custom links for the specific user to track what is relevant for him and what is not 3) integration with PersistIQ for tracking the behavior of every user without creating the custom link for everyone manually

Cons

1) The free version is very limited, you cannot even display a social preview for your documents, which makes you unable to evaluate the real impact (Docsend's icon, instead of a social preview, decreases the open rate) 2) All custom links are displayed in one list and if you're using a lot of them - it's hard to sort them and to find the right one 3) you have always keep in mind that you should use the specific link for your team, it would be better if you could filter visits by IP to screen out team visits (like Google Analytics does)

Simon from Ignition Capital

A must have

Intuitive, smart, professional.

Pros

Tracking the opens & time spent on each slide, one click NDA, data room spaces.

Cons

Price for multiple users is hefty for a startup so we just have one admin.

Reasons for Choosing DocSend

Tracking, data room look and feel.

Best way to track docs that are being sent

Pros

Love the ease of use and how in depth info they give you. I am able to track everything from who is opening my document, when they are opening it, what kind of device and where they are. I have been using docsend since it beginning stages and it has came such a far way and is huge now.. We use it to do e-signatures on waivers we send out as well and the open and click rate is through the roof wether you use it or not it is super simple for someone to sign a doc.

Maxime from Nurun

Docsend is a good analytics tool for your presentation

Pros

- Very user-friendly - Easy to understand analytics for our documents - Support for many document types - The tool also gives the facility of giving a live walkthrough of the documents via phone or in person.

Cons

Response from DocSend

Replied June 2018

Maxime, thanks so much for the review! We'd love to help you out with any questions around pitch videos / site performance. We'll follow up with you in just a moment.

Sanjit from LeadCrunch[ai]

This is an essential product that works well and provides excellent tech support.

It helps me track prospect content engagement.

Pros

Cons

I wish they had a feature like Pocket so people could save content for later. Also, I would love users to be able to listen to content rather than just read it.

Adrian from Sense360

Docsend makes my life much easier in being able to track marketing & sales leads and their interest

My marketing team is VERY small and budget constrained, and DocSend really helps me make the most of all my efforts .

Pros

The customer service and attention to detail with clients is incredible. They respond very quickly to all types of questions and follow up to make sure that everything is going smoothly or has been resolved. The software is great as a marketer to know what types of content and pages are resonating or not. I'm not flying blind in what is REALLY working or not.

Cons

There are a few features that can be iterated on for heavier users of the platform to help make mass lists or document creation faster and more streamlined.

Makes sending documents so easy!

Ease of sending documents.

Pros

Cons

I wish you could send electronic agreements via DocSend. Like what DocuSign does - it would be amazing to have that feature.

Secure file sharing

I like that you can personalise each folder and make it public or private

Pros

You can save and share your documents safely. You can even set an expiration date and the document cannot be viewed anymore

Cons

Link creation can get tedious and has a lot of steps

Response from DocSend

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the review! Out of curiosity: have you tried our Gmail or Outlook integrations? They'll save you a ton of time by integrating directly into your inbox so that you can quickly create links on-the-fly without even having to go to docsend.com.

A great app for startup fundraising

DocSend was an integral part of our fundraising process, and it will continue to be for future rounds to come.

Pros

DocSend makes it very easy to share and manage access to sensitive information. When we fundraise, we use DocSend so that we can easily share presentations that would be impossible to control access to via standard email. Using Docsend means that we can control access to, and track data on everything we send out. We can see who views our deck, who shares/fwds it, and track our success metrics. Even better, when we make a critical change, we can revoke access to the original document and issue a new version.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints about this application, but one thing that would be useful is an easier way to redirect an old document link to a new document - without having to send a new link. I anticipate that this will happen so it should be fine.

Jim from Quantify IP

Pretty software, but quite limited

Trying to get prospects to review quotes. They seem more willing to do so in DS than in emails. Plus, we know it when it happens.

Pros

Cons

Very difficult to accomplish certain tasks. Can't verify info stored on a space (without re-downloading) since the preview given is nearly unreadable. No sortability in the headers. Moving sections is tedious. Not having the most basic functions (like: Back) is a bit annoying.

Christopher from Geopipe

Great Tool for Sending Proprietary Documents

Pros

DocSend makes it easy to send proprietary documents to investors, customers, and potential partners. It accepts a variety of formats, but we especially use it to share PDFs that others can view for a limited time without saving to their own computers. It gives us more control over changing versions of documents, and removing allowed viewers after a certain amount of time.

Cons

DocSend's pricing is a bit steep, and doesn't yet support non-document formats like spreadsheets.

Ovidiu from Wildlife Justice Commission.

DocSend has an easy interface, and is a very user friendly tool. However, it lacks functionality.

I cannot say we had any unfortunately. This is due to limitations of the product.

Pros

User friendliness and absolutely great customer service. Overall a transparent and simple tool with a lot of helpful options.

Cons

The value of the service is far low from the exorbitant amount of money required for the subscription. In addition, the limitations seriously impede any serious transfers to be done. For instance, word files must not contain more than 100 pages. This is a big limitation for an organisation such as ours where we specifically work with large files and we want to send them encrypted. Also there is no voice or video conferencing options with the secure presentation. In a period when dozens of free encrypted file transfer services offer similar options sometimes for free, DocSend needs to really up their game and look at the market they compete with, work on the limitations of the tool, and think about the prices especially for users that end up paying 30 dollars a month for one file transfer.

A very good analytics tool for presentation documents

Securely send files that can only be accessed with an approved email for privacy

Pros

DocSend is very easy to use; the analytics are easily understood and it supports a lot of document types.

Cons

DocSend can't get through some corporate firewalls that make clients unable to access the document/s.

Document Tracking

We are sending our documents externally, and sometimes they share it with others. We would like to prevent the spread of these files to different people. We can track who opened it and they should ask permission if they are not allowed.

Pros

It's free and easy to use. Our firm uses this platform in tracking the documents we send out externally, so we can prevent unauthorized access. We can also set an expiration date so it can only be available during the time being.

Noushad from TeamBinder (QA Software Pty Ltd)

These guys are unique! DocSend clearly stands out from the crowd!

Pros

With an absolutely neat and uncluttered interface and a few set of simple steps, I will have full complete control of my sales docs.. all with the best customer viewing experience and user analytics!

Cons

Literarily nothing! Newly introduced 'Spaces' should require a bit mobile optimization that I am sure the guys will take care of.

Jose from Jose Pleguezuelos

Industry: Photography

Best way to learn about your customers!

Pros

How easy it's to configure it. the power of information that it offers you.

Cons

Being a freelancer, I cannot afford a plan greater than the basic payment, since the next level exceeds the price for an organization as small as mine, it would be great to have a plan designed for single freelancer

Reasons for Choosing DocSend

ease of use and interactivity

Gayatri from ATI

Simple yet powerful tool for marketing content management and monitoring

Pros

I like that it integrates very well into MS Outlook via an Add-in, making it very easy to incorporate your trackable content into your email. There is no need to send a heavy attachment and weigh your email down. Very quick and easy boarding, and the learning curve is short. Customer support is responsive and really interested in helping you.

Cons

The Add-in is not updated often enough, and MS's frequent updates sometimes disable the add-in, making it tedious to frequently have to manage it and add it back on

Ilya from CONNAX OY

Great but too complicated

With DocSend we can quickly and safely distribute the content, and then manage it afterwards.

Pros

For me the best thing is Gmail (Chrome) extension and possibility to safely share content with possibility to manage it afterwards.

Cons

Sometimes UX/UI looks too complicated, eg. too many unless tabs and buttons in the web version.

Euan from WhiteHat

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Docsend is an incredibly useful tool for tracking who is viewing the work we produce

Pros

The ability to see how long people spend viewing our work and which of our presentations grab them - this is an incredibly useful tool.

Cons

Some (a small number) of organisations are unable to access the links due to corporate firewalls and the format isn't effective for viewing some presentations e.g. those in Excel

Lizzie from causaLens

Useful for sharing documents and keeping track of who views them

It works well, just a shame not easy way of integrating data of views into other apps

Pros

- That you can see live who is viewing - The ability to see time split by page - The ability to create multiple different links for each document

Cons

- It would be great if it could integrate with CRMs to store data collected by it

Adam from Manhattan Ventures International

I have used DocSend for numerous different fundraising campaigns. Love it!

easy of use and a lot of information

Pros

It is very easy to use, easy to create unique links for each new contact / viewer, and track how viewer is interactive with each document.

Cons

It is a bit more difficult to to splice and parse each viewers information than I think it should be, but overall I love the platform.

Nadia from Times10

excellent project management tool

Pros

East way to organize presentations and share with a team! Best software for small edits and file files.

Sarah from Newz Group

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Good Product

It's quite useful, and I like having the usage statistics at hand.

Pros

It's convenient. I like the notifications when someone views something and having all the documents I use frequently in one portal.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind; it's helpful, and I haven't heard any complaints from clients or fellow users.

Chris from Smarter Sorting

Industry: Environmental Services

A must for fund raising

Pros

You reach out to countless investors. Some say they reviewed your deck but did they really look it over? Now you know for sure

Cons

No app for my phone, I would Like to send content on the go and not have to toggle back and forth between sites

A great tool to easily send what would be attachments as presenations

Pros

I like how you can take a multitude of documents, links, and graphics and put it into one cohesive space to email and easily present. I also like that the dev team is always implementing new features from customer feedback.

Cons

I don't like how people on our team can see across the whole team at other users' accounts. This makes it sort of clunky.

Response from DocSend

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback! If ever you want to separate out content by team to better control who can see what, our sub teams feature is a great option. Happy to fill you in more if you'd like - just ping us at support@docsend.com.

Todd from NXT water

NXT water docsend

Pros

Ease of use and functionality ability to send / share docs

Cons

Lack of ability to integrate power point features. I have to convert Docs to pdf and lose tremendous presentation assets

Dan from Atollogy

Perfect tool for large files

Pros

Clearly it's great to see when your recipient actually looks at something you send them. The bonus is see what they looked at, for how long, when, and who else the forwarded to (assuming they open it as well). We have a lot of graphics in our presentations which makes them too large for firewalls so we have to use a site like this anyway - having the visibility to interest is a huge help to the sales effort.

Cons

Non at this time....but I don't pay the bill either:)

Pippa from H Robotics

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Just a few things from H Robotics

Pros

Super simple. Reliable. Easy ...................................

Cons

When you go to get the link, it works better if I make your page much shorter. Otherwise your "create link" page forces you to go all the way to the bottom of the page to actually create the link. That button would work far better right next to the link itself. I cannot figure out your "spaces" function. It takes me a long time to do each link separately. The spaces function needs better instructions.

Bend from thynk different

Love Docsend for sending confidential pitches

Pros

Docsend answers a problem that most startups have who are out there raising money and trying to sign up strategic partners.. Who has actually seen my pitch deck and how long have they spent on it. Docsend delivers strategic insights on reader engagement with your presenation , which is critical in followup meetings.

Cons

Its a great product.. however the price of the product could be a bit lower. and the trials could really be unlimited visits and unlimited features..

Christian from Gyldendal Norsk Forlag AS

Industry: Publishing

Docsend: Easy, fast but should handle a large portfolio better

Overall good experience!

Pros

Easy to use It's fast (upload, rendering) It's easy to learn

Cons

As a publisher, we have used this software to make large portfolio available via Docesend. The software does not provide a good way to export (to excel) or sort content performance data, visitor data, etc. For example, it's difficult to find the customer/readers with high engagement if you have a lot of content and many visits, accounts and so on.

Gregory from Nexus Radio

Industry: Broadcast Media

A Good Alternative to Box, But Could Use Some Added Features

In the end, we choose to go back to another service because of the link issues (mentioned above). Outside of this, we would have but up with the link limits to use the added features and benefits of the service.

Pros

The ability to track who opened your document, the ability to create "Spaces" which creates a one-page website type of area where multiple documents can be uploaded. The pricing is on point for Box and DropBox business accounts.

Cons

I wish you could rename the URLS or create some type of URL tag to know what the file name is. The URL uses a random string of numbers. When sharing links, you could easily share the wrong URL. Was also not a fan of the limit of link visits.

RENE from Salú

Extremely expensive and does not allow to pause monthly payments when you’re not using

Pros

Helps a little bit with sharing with safety

Jorge from Fluyo, Inc

DocSend is the type of product I didn't know I needed until I used it. Now I can't work without it.

Great insights into creating decks that people went through to completion.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use, and the insights I gain from the stats on visitor completion have made me a much better visual communicator. I no longer think of my pitches as "complete," but rather an ever-evolving process. The way it is truly cross-platform (mobile, tablets, desktop) is impressive.

We use docsend to send out proposals and agreements. No problems!

Pros

Allows us to see when people are reading sent documents. We can tell who and when each document has been accessed. The ability to password lock our documents is also very helpful.

Cons

Docs must be sent via docsend and not through our own e-mail client. Also the way docs are organized in the platform can be a bit confusing.

Docsend is great

Pros

Easy to upload docs. Easy to send docs and track who has opened them. Easy to create unique links per deck for each client.

Cons

Interface is a little old school and hard to navigate. Hard to organize all the decks and make sure the right link goes to the right person.

somsubhra from Ai Palette

Good product

Pros

- Good way to secure your doc - Very good analytics - Ease of use

Cons

- the folders/ structure can be complicated - UI can be improved