What are Dropbox Business users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dropbox Business software through verified user reviews

19,241 Reviews

12,090
5,485
1,360

• icon"Dropbox is pretty good about storage and pricing for that storage. Pretty easy to share files to co-workers and give share permissions."
  • icon"The software has great customer support and tutorials. It is helpful to be able to track changes and see who is editing."
  • icon"What I like the most about this platform is the large storage capacity that it has, in addition to its value for money, which compared to other platforms has a great competitive advantage in costs."
  • icon"I was a team of one in the beginning and i still had to pay a ridiculous $75/month just to use it for myself."
  • icon"We spent hours with customer service until we were told they stopped supporting our OS version. No warnings, no emails, nothing."
  • icon"It is not smoothly for 2 or more people to work on the same file at the same time because it may generate conflicts and we can't trace for what conflict that is going on."

Browse all Dropbox Business Reviews

• Have you used Dropbox Business and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 19,221 reviews

Danille

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Dropbox for Business

Anthony

March 2022

One of the most robust cloud storage options around

Its great for what I do. I need mobile access to my files and a universally accepted way to share them with clients and team members quickly. The ability to store offline also helps in situations where you don't have reliable internet access.

Pros

It allows me total control of the file management process - I can edit files and they are updated instantly, I can transfer files directly or via a share link. I can store offline. I can restrict access,etc.

Cons

They keep pushing you to upgrade all the time when they think you are going to run out of storage.

Needed more storage

Luis Carlos

December 2021

Best of its class. A must have for team working

I use it daily and all my work and important documents are there. I've lost several operating system installations and never lost a single file.

Pros

It is the single best software for file syncing, storing and sharing. I use it in 3 computers and my phone. The fact that I can have everything on the cloud, while keeping only relevant stuff on each device (work, personal, etc) makes it even better. The fact that it has a native client for Linux is also great. At some point, I remember keeping some files on a server to make it easier to send settings to it.

Cons

I have to nit pick because this services is really great. Some people that don't use dropbox may not find that easier to download files from time to time.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

I've used some of the other alternatives and they are not as good. A deal breaker for me was that almost no other alternative supported Linux natively, which I use on a daily basis.

Eero

Industry: Consumer Electronics

March 2022

A good quality cloud storage with poor web interface

Dropbox offers reliable cloud storage, we store 99% of our files there and it has saved us a few times. The computer apps work well and syncing is a breeze. With slower computers, Dropbox syncing can seriously slow the computer down unless the download and upload rates are limited to a minimum. The browser interface is not good at all, it is not reacting fast, is non-informative, and functionalities are hidden. I really wish they could make a major update.

Pros

We have used Dropbox from its early days. It has always offered reliable cloud storage and it has saved us two times after hardware breakdowns. So definitely worth the money.

Cons

The weakest link is the online interface. It is very sluggish, limited with functions and doesn't provide much information. I try to avoid it as much as I can, and really wonder why they haven't made it better.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Google Drive user interface is a disaster, even worse than Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

OneDrive offers all Office software with the subscription, so it is price-wise much better. But I never liked the interface there either, and somehow I didn't want Microsoft handling and storing all our files. MEGA is great and I personally still use it, but I wasn't sure if it was reliable enough for business uses.

Sher

April 2022

Dropbox drops your files and losses documents and your passwods

We used Drobox daily since I worked remotely before Covid-19 . There was issues with being able to get in due to the 2 step accountability. We also used Sookasa which duplicated our products. Dropbox tried to take the documents and the pictures from the computer and when you close your account it wants to keep all your objects. This is a form of hostage taking. Some of those forms were designed by me some of the pictures had been sold to clients. None of that should be in anyone else's hands.

Pros

It was accessible from anywhere if you could get in.

Cons

Dropbox tried to take over all photos and documents on the computer even when denyed.

Jess

Used to Love Dropbox, Not Anymore

Overall I'm extremely disappointed with where this company has gone and don't recommend using them.

Pros

When Dropbox first launched, it was amazing. I used it all the time for file sharing and storage and syncing across devices. Extremely useful for collaborating with photographers, saving my files across devices, etc.

Cons

As Dropbox has evolved, it's gotten harder and harder to use. I've been paying for storage and was trying to find and delete files that were taking up a lot of space. It took an entire day to locate some old, giant files that were taking up gigabytes of space in my Dropbox.

Grace

Expensive and I don't like Dropbox's space restrictions

I have to subscribe time to time when clients using Dropbox share large files. I hate it and think it's super unnecessary and expensive. $150 or $240 per year is way too much.

Pros

Automations, though I personally find only one relevant (files saved to folder are renamed). I suppose I could find use for files added to folder as video though I've not tried it out. Also like that I can create a file request to a folder directly from Dropbox, though I can do this is Google Drive just as easily.

Cons

I honestly HATE Dropbox's policy of not allowing you to access files if you're out of space — even if they are files shared by someone else on their account. Someone tell me if I'm wrong and have not figured out how to navigate Dropbox?? I also hate the interface and how I can't right click to access the file handling menu but have to find and click the 3 dots.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Because I had no choice — other people wanted to share large files via Dropbox. I would never on my own volition use Dropbox.

Mahmudul islam

Industry: Civil Engineering

Must use storage option for official works.

I mainly use Dropbox for my office work, yo store all the docs in cloud as backup. Dropbox provide me choice to share files with specific user with full privacy option. Uploading is so fast and for larger files , sometimes takes much times. Besides it provides 3rd party integration which gives us chance to accelarate our work.

Pros

Most important features Dropbox provides from my perspective is the automatic file backup option. Dropbox takes backup all my documents, helps me to work without fear of losing them. Beside dropbox have world-class security to protect our data.. I can store all my data in cloud and share to official documents for work purpose very easily. Organizations of my documents is very good in Dropbox business. Moreover uploading speed is very fast , I can able to store big files in cloud storage easily and able to track from anywhere.

Cons

Since we are using Dropbox for organizational work, it's fill like it's little bit expensive than other similar service provider, interface is easy but, sometimes need to know basic program knowledge and web client interface knowledge to get full benefit of Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

For professional work , need to switch with all other teammates.

Eduardo

My personal experience using Dropbox

Dropbox is a simple cloud-based capacity administration and an application for various frameworks, makes it conceivable to get to information from numerous stages. Offering documents to others is straightforward and simple since it permits both outer and inside gatherings to add to an information record that traverses organizations. Picking which documents to save locally is straightforward and which are just accessible on the web, and it incorporates consistently with our Windows PCs. Document, picture, and video synchronizing happen naturally, so we don't need to stress over it what Dropbox simplifies it to do this.

Pros

Dropbox offers includes that will interest both the individual and business client. For business, incorporated devices, for example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word take into account liquid work process and joint effort. Dropbox's choice to coordinate Office 365 and Google Workspace was an astute move, and should give clients certainty that they can flawlessly relocate to the stage. Utilizing Google or Microsoft Office devices with Dropbox is basic. You can make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Cons

Its very well may be more straightforward to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS application or inside the program. Security and authorizations: I've thought that it is hard to oversee consents around stowed away organizers and security ordered progressions. It's not difficult to impart something to somebody to similar consents, however I've encountered occurrences where two individuals (myself included) have various names for a similar envelope yet can't get to one another's documents, without clarification for why the authorizations are unique

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Ability to make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

The user interface is sometimes slow to respond. Limited editing and collaboration and storage functions.

Belasco

Industry: Building Materials

Dropbox Business Review

I have been using Dropbox for many years and i still believe it is the market leader in the cloud space. Dropbox has managed to keep up with its competitors because it keeps adding relevant features. However i feel like the company could do better in regards to privacy for example the lack of Zero knowledge encryption.

Pros

A reliable storage and syncing facility. Can integrate well with Office 365 and Google workplace. Dropbox can give 2000 gig of files and allows sharing with clients. This is facilitated by powerful features like Smart Sync and Showcase. Dropbox brings your files together in one central place. Dropbox keep on evolving by introducing new features thus remaining competitive in the market.

Cons

Dropbox is expensive when you want to upgrade from free to Dropbox plus or other payment plan. If you require storage that comes with office suit you will need to pay more. The company openly admits that it can access data so as to share with third parties. Poor privacy policies.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox is constantly upgrading its features and integrating with Microsoft packages and google.

Great product for productivity

We have a lot of cases where clients need to get files across, as well as we showing products to clients. Before we used WeTransfer for this, but this proved to be cumbersome and hard to come across as truly professional. This is not the case with Dropbox Business.

Pros

We use a lot of the features of Dropbox Business, mostly for managing sharing files with our clients and allowing them to upload.

Cons

Does not integrate well with network structure

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox offered all features we required, which other providers lacked.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

WeTransfer is limited in the number of features it offers in comparison to Dropbox Business

Mohammad

Long-term Satisfied User

I'm really glad that I stuck with dropbox for all these years simple because of its ease of use & accessibility from any device I own in my office & home. All my documents & media files are still intact & merely take a second to load, & showing my work to clients have never been that simple.

Pros

I really admire how fast it takes to sync files whether they're 4K pics caught from my Canon DLSR or a bunch of movies. Also, since I store all my program setups on my dropbox, I am able to easily share their links to friends & clients so they can download them.

Cons

Recently, I'm finding myself needing to re-login again & again on my computer everytime I shut down & restart my computer. This became quite a bit frustrating on PC, as I do not gave this issue on mobile & iPad versions of the app.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It takes forever to sync my files over OneDrive when compared to Dropbox.

Isaac

Industry: Program Development

Great file management features

Dropbox has been a very handy tool for me. I have never encountered any experience of file loss or corruption, unapproved access to any of my folders, nor security breaches. It has served me and my teams absolutely flawlessly. The collaboration tools have also made our team communications as efficient as can be hoped for.

Pros

I like being able to work directly from the desktop folders. which eliminates the need to have to manually upload files for cloud storage. Having that also means that I maintain access to all my work files even without access to internet.... which happens quite often in my work since I'm mostly on the road.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with Dropbox in all the time I have used it.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Moved to a different department which didn't have a Box subscription.

Donna

March 2022

We keep going back to it!

We have used it for the last 5/6 years and have always loved it. We have worked with business mentors who say we should use One Drive or GoogleDrive and have trialled them both then gone back to Dropbox. We and all of the freelancers and volunteers that work in our organisation prefer Dropbox and we get less queries from people struggling to access files as the registration process is simpler.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use, we work with people who aren’t always very good with software & computers and everyone can access the files without a problem.

Cons

We are really happy with it. We find it easy to use day to day and easy to find documents and collaborate.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We just find it easy to use, the layout of the files, the search features, moving & downloading files. Everthing, it is just a better fit for how we work.

Jonas

Dropbox is a lifesaver

A couple of scenarios where Dropbox came to the rescue: - Team member deleted the wrong file, we could just restore it. - My laptop died at 10am, after bringing it in to get it fixed I was back working on a 200gb project by 12 thanks to the back-up. - Times where an updated file got corrupted, with version history we could restore an older, working, version in a matter of seconds.

Pros

The ease of use. Using Dropbox doesn’t take a lot of work, it acts like a folder on your computer that automatically syncs everything (including labels for mac users), without fault.

Cons

Depending on your plan storage can be a little limiting, with few options to expand if you don’t want to pay a lot more. I have however received an email that you can now expand storage more easily and at fair pricing.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

This is years ago, before any of the fancy new features got added. For me, I chose Dropbox because of their safety, pricing, shared folders with external partners that already used Dropbox and the fact Dropbox was the only one syncing the color labels on mac.

Dominic

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best Cloud based File sharing program

Excellent experience with Dropbox. We were attacked by malware and luckily we had backup copies of our files.

Pros

Easy to share files with employees. Very easy to sync files and can be used as desktop or cloud based only. Plus the business version offers multiple backup copies of your data. Being i healthcare we also utilize the HIPAA compliant version.

Cons

Sometimes does not sort by last date used

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

I felt is was a better product for the money plus they have been around longer and had more experience in this space.

Randal

February 2022

Dropbox still the simplest solution for online document storage

Overall, simple to use. Price is an issue compared to SharePoint which is included in many Office 365 plans. Although Sharepoint is a whole other can of support worms...when setup right, it can equal Dropbox, except in simplicity.

Pros

Simplicity. Users find it easy to use, and manage on their own.

Cons

Unlike competitors like Microsoft, once you purchase a license, you are locked in for the remainder of the term. This because an issue for companies that need flexibility. Yes, they can pay more for month to month, but the price is already high.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We use both. Some clients we put on Dropbox, mostly if they are used to it. New clients go on SharePoint.

Pretty straightforward document management. A leader in it's category.

Great if you only need document management, but it falls behind Google Workspace and Microsoft365 when it comes to integration with Office and other tools. That said, you get more space for document management and it's easier to have shared folders than the other two. Determine which is your priority when deciding which to go with.

Pros

It keeps things organized and is simple to pick up and use. It also easily allows you to share access and control who can view and comment on files. It does the basics very well.

Cons

I've had some trouble with integrations. First, I can't save Zoom recordings to a shared folder, only a private one, which means I have to manually move these files each time so that others can view them. Second, the Word for the web integration doesn't sync with Word for OneDrive, so I am forced to use one or the other. Documents also often have trouble opening documents in word for the web.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

You get more space and it's easier to have shared folders and integrate it into a document workflow.

Simplicity at its best

We used Dropbox Business to collabore in specific projects, but we ended up going to an alternative

Pros

The ease of use and to get started. I literally shared a link and my collegues started collaborating in no time

Cons

The price. At this point storage got cheapear everywhere, except Dropbox

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We loved the responsiveness of the Paper Product. It's really easy to collaborate with multiple people

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

We got super interested in Dropbox paper, it was cool, but we switched back to another option because of the pricing

Carlos A

February 2022

Alamacenamiento de tus Archivos de forma segura y confiable

Logre almacenar mis archivos laborales y personales en la nube y logre acceder a ellos en cualquier punto de conexion, logre armar mis bases de datos de clien6tes de forma segura y rapida, menos papeleo mas archivos digitales

Pros

Dentro de sus caracteristicas destacan una comoda interfaz al usuario, gran variedad de funciones y facil sincronizacion asi como la descarga de archivos desde cualquier dispositivo o computador, seguridad total y rapidez en las conexiones remotas

Cons

Podria mejorar la capacidad de Almacenamiento para los usuarios gratuitos de resto no le cambiaria nada

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

No me funcionaba bien la aplicacion y con frecuencia perdia tiempo

Mike

Industry: Online Media

December 2021

Valuable storage solution and media management platform

I love the platform and trust it with my files, data, etc.

Pros

Great for collaborating on creative projects. Dropbox Business allows us to store large video files and other creative projects with our clients.

Cons

It can get expensive as you have more data, with some competitors offering better pricing. However; Dropbox Business is superior from a UI/design standpoint

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Easier to manage with Dropbox, clients are familiar.

April 2022

Solid storage and sharing solution

Pros

I have been using Dropbox for many years. They have rock solid up time and speeds. It is very easy to share files between users. Large storage space. Apps for desktop and mobile. My favorite feature is that every change is synced and I can roll back any deletions.

Cons

There are slightly cheaper options, but we've been using Dropbox for so long it doesn't make sense to switch to save a few bucks every month.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We were looking for options outside of the google infrastructure because its an important aspect not to be tied to Alphabet.

Moe M

March 2022

It's Just amazing and very secure as It keeps my files safe with powerful online storage.

I feel like It doesn't provide me with the latest technology for searches it lacks the meta data and i feel like google drive gives me more space with my free account compared to drobox.

Pros

It's a hassle free as I can share any file easily with anyone as it impacts the workplace positively.

Cons

Nothing as I tend to think. It just has to get more developed as per the metadata search functionality.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It's very secured thanks to 256-bit AES encryption.

Abhay

Industry: Photography

impressive software for artists

i been using it for years and i think its an impressive software for artists to store or share there data. its been to easy to share it with your team or friends in just a link.

Pros

I been using this since I'm introduced to this software or app . i been using it for storing old footage that has to be stored privately and safely.

Cons

this app or software is great but sometime i think can my data will be compromised ever but i trust it

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

dropbox has a prefect interface and for exchange of large file and uploading of large file without interruption in server load

Tinomutenda Marshal

June 2022

Faster file transfers and syncing

Dropbox does everything right, from its boundless capacity alternative to its long list of third-party integrative. Commerce clients have everything they require, but that comes at a cost. Dropbox’s family as a capacity supplier carries a tall cost tag. That cost is worth it, but depending on how numerous workers you've got, it still may be as well much. If you'll foot the charge, you’ll discover an fantastically easy-to-use capacity benefit, notwithstanding of your company estimate. Be that as it may, ease of utilize is favored over security, and in spite of the fact that it’s been nearly a decade since Dropbox’s information breach, we still have a few questions when it comes to protection

Pros

Whether it's sharing records for work or making robotized reinforcements for basic records so that you'll never lose them, Dropbox is fabulous as a multi-purpose stage. In the event that you're as of now utilizing it for cloud capacity, you'll also collaborate on docs and records along side other clients with ease. After you welcome them or receive an welcome, you'll co-edit docs. Dropbox record versions are put away in changelogs, which you'll be able browse to see the alters made, the title of the individual who made the edit, and the date and time. This makes a difference fix any changes that are superfluous or outlandish in hindsight without having to rework or alter the record physically. You'll essentially reload a past adaptation from the changelog and make another delicate duplicate to utilize as a base for future collaborations

Cons

Teamwork through Dropbox is a successful way to be more profitable and oversee your work. Through its Paper highlight, you'll be able make docs, sheets, slides, and more on your capacity. By moving them to the shared organizer, you'll permit others get to to them to alter on their possess or in a collaborative exertion. Concurrent altering with a marker speaking to each client makes it helpful to keep track of each user's alters and history. Comparable to forking stores, one can make delicate duplicates to their capacity from the shared folder for changes

Showing 1 - 25 of 19,221 reviews