All eFileCabinet Reviews

eFile Cabinet for Financial Adviser

Adam

Great Platform for Date Keeping

Pros

We love the ease of the software. The employees and I are able to maneuver easily through the program and locate everything we need to find. We like that it alerts us to check the files back in if we happen to leave them open while working on another project. Additionally, we enjoy the scanning features to be able to speed up the process of data entry.

Cons

It took awhile for us to get our efile scanner setup. We were not able to set it up ourselves, we had to contact the support desk, however, in the end we got it set up, and have no issues.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for leaving this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the scanning features and that our services have been able to help speed up data entry for your company. Our customer success team is always here to support your needs if you have any further questions or need further assistance. We're excited to continue support for the success of your business.

Replied March 2019

Adam

Alfresco Enterprise Alternative

We needed a modern, robust, cloud-based document management system for long term digital archiving. Overall eFileCabinet has served our needs very well.

Pros

The conversion team saved us from an aging system that we needed to abandon. The Cloud Server being the same cost as an on premises server was a great incentive for choosing eFileCabinet. The Cabinet -> Folder structure is easy to understand and navigate. The ability to share large files with users outside of our organization easily has also been a boon.

Cons

Search is powerful, but due to the Alfresco Enterprise system we imported from relying on metadata tags for search, very particular steps are needed to use the search in eFileCabinet's Rubex properly. It's confusing for our core users sometimes. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about Rubex's search functions had we started our digital archive in Rubex, but as it is this is a function that is mildly frustrating.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Alfresco support contracts cost tens of thousands of dollars and it felt like we were a nuisance to both their sales and support teams. Every other competitive product to eFileCabinet I found was either more affordable but did not meet our needs or was exceptionally more expensive and offered far more than we need. If you need to store thousands of scanned digital documents with the ability to search through them all, eFileCabinet delivers what you need. Its capabilities go beyond that and perhaps one day we will explore using it for other purposes, but for right now we are satisfied.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

The conversion team at eFileCabinet REALLY bailed us out of a jam. Our 160 year old higher education institution relied on an ancient Alfresco Enterprise server for archiving old scans of digital transcripts and the like. With a long expired support contract, getting any assistance with the very finicky and old Alfresco software that relies on Flash Player was next to impossible. Renewing the contract was several times more costly than moving all of our archives to eFileCabinet.

Please contact me to explain if your software will improve

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. The linking between EFCO and SecureDrawer is great except there are so many limitations and issues with the new version of SecureDrawer that many of our professionals and many of our clients at times dread using your product (which affects our business). The fact that versioning still gets displayed in England time in EFCO is a joke. When we called it was said this will hopefully be worked on but not likely in the old Out of Browser EFCO. I understand upgrading to the newest versions because we did that immediately with SecureDrawer due to the catastrophic issues with your products and Silverlight which cost our firm a lot of money trying to use the product and dealing with our client's issues accessing files. Anyways, we switched over to the new SecureDrawer and permissions all changed for our administrative staff, there are fewer options to be able to customize who has access to what, and we can't even use the filter search to find drawers unless we have already scrolled down to that area of the alphabet both on the left and middle panes of the product. When I called support, I was told it was "on the list" but likely wouldn't be addressed soon because of all the issues with the rollout of the new version (this was in mid-June 2016 and there's still no improved functionality....) Other items you may want to consider when I compare you to ShareFile. Your notifications no longer provide much detail that is helpful. It would be helpful to know what folder of a drawer a file was uploaded to or downloaded from. Another area ShareFile has a leg up on you is that you could send an email to a guest user along with a link to the specific folder in their drawer that you would like them to upload files to (it helps greatly with administration). Their batch uploads were much more efficient and worked more often than yours do. On the eFileCabinet side, I will investigate the newer version along with sidekick to hopefully see that resolution to issues in the old version was addressed but based on our experience with your products that's unlikely. I apologize for the tone of this experience, but I have lost numerous hours and our firm has lost money related to dealing with issues related to your software. I would greatly appreciate a call from anyone from EFCO.

Pros

You can link SecureDrawer to eFileCabinet. And you can access from virtually anywhere

Cons

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. Versioning doesn't work in eFileCabinet. Filtering doesn't work in SecureDrawer, you cannot download multiple files or sometimes upload multiple files at once without issues or errors. Permissions in SecureDrawer do not have many options. Notifications are in general not helpful. SecureDrawer itself is not as good as Citrix's ShareFile for example wherein ShareFile you can direct a guest user to a specific folder with a direct link. When they click the link they can log in and find themselves in the exact folder or subfolder in which to upload. You also could have different permissions for different subfolders instead of only being able to change permissions at the drawer level. Overall the cons definitely outweigh any pros we have experienced.

Lisa

Worth it!

We have had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet. The customer service team is very responsive, our sales person is well informed on the product and can easily direct you to the team member who will be able to assist you with a problem. The trainers are patient and are willing to advise on the set up of your files. Our trainer, Kevin, knows EVERYTHING about the product, and is willing to do multiple sessions for us to make sure that we understand how to use the product.

Pros

eFile Cabinet and the associated Rubex software make moving from paper files to digital files easy. The various add-ins provide access to the system from your email, PDF, MSExcel, and MSWord. Once uploaded, the files (and their contents) are easy to search. An additional feature that is particularly useful for our team is the ability to allow a "guest user" to access files for a limited time. This is a lifesaver for managing audits and allowing employees to access and view documents in their file. The best feature in this software is the "help" automations that literally walk you through the different activities you may want to accomplish in the software.

Cons

This software can be used be a team that does not have a "plan" for moving to a digital platform, but that is very unwise. It is easy to begin using it right away; the biggest challenge comes in the set up and administration. There is a definite learning curve, and the training that is offered should be readily accepted -- it will be needed, and it is very helpful!

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet provided us with an on-line repository that was secure, easy to use, and we felt would last for quite a while. Nothing may last forever, but we feel confident in the security of our files and our ability to access them. The Microsoft Products often change (without notice), with features being updated or dropped with little or not time to make alternative plans. Additionally, they can be confusing and often require the use of a Developer. I set up the eFileCabinet account, the organization of new files, the governance protocols, and the upload of old files. The customer service is phenomenal, and I don't think I could have gotten this level of service and competence anywhere else.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, this is amazing feedback to hear and we're so grateful to be supporting your business and look forward to helping you with future successes. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Replied March 2020

Philip

Excellent way to go paperless

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

I tried ProSeries and their DMS was simply not as good or robust. I had a prior bad experience with Ultra Tax File Cabinet when I left Thompson and wanted something independent of my tax software. I had a great DMS product called Arkworks but then they went out of business and got bought out.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Replied August 2019

Jeff

eFileCabinet

Pros

Being able to organize and store electronic documents.

Cons

The fact that indexing documents is not automated. Integration is week.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Again securedrawer was the best work around to accomplish the need I had with one of my clients.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

They did away with a feature that I needed, and I was looking for another solution. The securedrawer seemed to be a good work around as a new solution. I have had some problems with securedrawer, but for the most part the solution has been suitable.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

Replied August 2019

Steven

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Using eFileCabinet

I am very happy with the use of this product. It is easy to use.

Pros

I like to ability to share files with co-workers, especially since we are working at home instead of the office do to COVID-19. It is very easy to use.

Cons

The only issue I have is the sidekick feature. It does not recognize my password and I have just given up using that feature.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

We kept having issues with the file system filling and being inaccessible. We had to wait for this rep to correct the system to use again.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic, we're grateful for a customer like you and appreciate your review!

Replied June 2020

April

Super easy system

Pros

This is a very user friendly, intuitive system to use. I love easily being able to drag files over to upload, or send an email to the system. Sidekick makes it simple to upload and search for files. We also found this to be a low cost system compared to others that we looked into.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind about eFile Cabinet..

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

We needed a Cloud based system with more functionality. Alchemy was no longer supported.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this great review. It's wonderful to hear that you love the user-friendly interface. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Replied December 2019

Accounting firm use

Our filing and saving of documents is no longer an issue, for the most part our clients have been able to upload documents without issues.

Pros

The integration process was very easy. The functionality of the software in our everyday use is amazing and makes our jobs easier

Cons

Some of the components are not very easy to figure out, I have had to call a few times to try and figure out how to use them.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Efile cabinet had more components to offer and more customer support.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

Canopy was to expensive for a business our size

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate your review!

Replied March 2020

Haszilah

dFileCabinet user review

Pros

The application is quite simple to explore and operate. Our industry necessitates massive volumes of documentation, stringent compliance requirements, and excellent management skills. Having e-FileCabinet makes it easier to maintain track of documents and discard hard copies of outdated documents from previous projects. Another feature of the application is that it allows anybody to have unrestricted access to the necessary papers. Logging into our account and finding what we need is a breeze. Another feature that I like is the option to specify which drawers are included in each directory when it is built. This makes it much easier for us to arrange our operations.

Cons

What I dislike the most about the service is that a few times, the PDF file format did not upload correctly and would not download when retrieved at a later time. However, we haven't encountered any problems with the application other than this one.

Janice

Zonal OCR - eFile Cabinet's best feature that we can't use

Great support from the SALES people in terms of getting you set up with basic access to your account. Nothing special after that. The software is WAY overpriced if all you need to do is provide online access to documents. The only reason we would consider renewing is if we were provided the cooperation and adequate assistance from tech support to properly train users on Zonal OCR, rather than being made to feel like you're the last person they feel like talking to. Or, FIX the software so that you don't have to spend so much time teaching non programmers how to use it.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features, such as easily being able to manage user access to documents, ease of creating files, uploading, downloading, etc. I really like the Rubex icon which can easily be added to the "ribbon" dashboard in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.

Cons

There are several different choices available to businesses today that offer the same basic features and functions offered by eFile Cabinet for a fraction of the cost. The cabinet structure is extremely limited, and the icons for cabinets and drawers (ugly gray block looking thing) look way too much alike, causing confusion for new users. E-File Cabinet's Zonal OCR is what could potentially separate them from their competitors, and is in my opinion, the BEST and most AMAZING tech tool available for those who need to file mass amounts of documents (Invoices from hundreds of vendors in our situation). I used the word potentially because, unless you are a programmer, trying to set up templates for Zonal OCR is beyond challenging. And though the sales staff will taught that their tech staff is supportive, my experience has been that they are less than thrilled at having to spend time on the phone tutoring non techies on how to set up templates. In a nutshell, don't offer or advertise a feature of your software that can't be used by non programmers. This could EASILY be fixed by adding simple user friendly radio buttons (steps) that non programmers could follow through and understand.

Chelsie

Saving Space and Saving Time

Keeping up with paperwork for at least seven years per project can be absolutely overwhelming. It takes up physical space, it is difficult to navigate and find items from years ago. Not to mention the dust bunnies that build up! Our company absolutely adores this product because it really gives us a space to keep all of our documents organized, stored in a safe place, and dust free! You cannot ask for more when it comes to keeping up with documents!

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to navigate and to use. The sector our company is involved requires tremendous amounts of paperwork, high compliance standards, and impeccable organizational aspects. Having e-FileCabinet simplifies keeping up with the paperwork and gives us the option to discard physical copies of old paperwork from old projects. Another aspect of the software is the ability for anyone in the company to have unlimited access to the paperwork needed. It's very simple to log onto our account and find what we need. One other aspect that is one of my favorites is the ability to customize what drawers are within each folder when created. This makes the ability to really organize our work effortless.

Cons

What I like least about the product is I have found on a couple of occasions where the PDF file did not upload properly and when accessed at a later date, the file would not download. Other than this issue, we have had no issues with the software.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Whenever we were making the decision to introduce eFileCabinet to our company, we knew that it offered everything that we were looking for. The other options-again I can't even think of the name of any other software we looked at even though I know we did-did not meet the level of organization that is offered here.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this glowing review with us about your experience! We love that we get to support your business and thank you for being our customer!

Replied December 2020

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

Replied March 2019

Jacqueline

Great storage option!

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

Priscilla