• Pros

• "We have used this for years, it works great, and is easy to use."

• "It's easy to use and the customer service is superb."

• "the ease of daily use is awesome! It was easy to make changes, save, upload and download with extreme ease!! It did not require the use of a bulky manual and was very easy to learn and set up"

• Cons

• "A few of the features are a little poorly explained, but the excellent customer service set me straight every time!"

• "The interface on the software is a little outdated, and good use a good ux/ui update. The automation of backup when not using the integrated sql server are outdated as well, but still workable. "

• "It is a little hard to mange on your phone. Not impossible but takes some getting used to for old eyes. "

Browse eFileCabinet Reviews

Deborah from Brandon & Tibbs Accountants

EfileCabinet Document Management System

No issues. We are very happy.

Pros

Very easy to use. Always works. Competitive Pricing.

Cons

I wish I could pdf from lacerte into efilecabinet, but its not that big of a deal to just pdf to my desktop and then drag and drop into efilecabinet.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Seemed more user friendly and pricing was much lower with EfileCabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2019

It is excellent to hear that your business is happy with eFIleCabinet. We strive to provide the best in value and support for our customers! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFile Cabinet and SecureDrawer

I am able to share files with my clients in accordance with IRS guidelines.

Pros

My clients and I are able to share files securely.

Cons

I need a workflow management solution which is not included with eFile Cabinet.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

EFileCabinet is easier to use than any of the products I tried. It is also more cost effective.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear your feedback!

Rocky from Tax Break

Multiple Locations

This helped us mange our files better and more efficiently. It assured with the accessibility of files for everyone in the organization. Opening over multiple states this is a must.

Pros

What we like most about the software is the accessibility from multiple locations and ease of use.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Liked the overall format better.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2020

It's awesome to hear that you love the ability to use eFileCabinet in multiple locations across multiple states! We strive to help your business be more efficient! Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we truly value you as a customer and are grateful for the review!

Gretchen from Advantage Insurance

eFile didn't meet our business goals

Our overall experience with eFileCabinet was not good. Software didn't meet our goals and the experience we had with Customer Support was horrible. They were really nice via chat at first though. They helped us when we had a small technical problem. But in terms of requesting a feature and clarifying what eFile can and can't do was horrible. They tried to confused us multiple times, but at the end they had to agree that eFile couldn't do what we needed. And in terms of Retention - how could you allow users with edit permission to be able to change a document retention? In summary, the mayor problem we encountered was that the EDIT permission from VOEDA is really broad. As a future recommendation please try to have better communication with your clients. If eFile can't do what we need say so! If the feature request can't be done say so! Don't let the client get all confused and making them wait and wait and wait. At the end, as a result, your client will leave.

Pros

It's simple to install, easy to understand and work with.

Cons

Before starting on what we didn't like, we would like to point out that we are using the on-prem software (not the online version). Stating that, the software didn't meet our business goals. We needed a software that allowed us to assign security permissions to users, and even though eFile has some predefined ones, they didn't had what we were looking for even though they said it did when selling us the product. For example, we needed users to be able to download, edit the document inside and upload new documents inside drawers and/or folders. But we didn't want them to have permission to also edit/change the drawer/folder name and/or add subfolders. That would mean that my users can change ALL my folder structure. We were in talk with Customer Support and they asked us to create a feature request which we did. After that they promised us they would send a schedule -which they never did-. We kept writing to them and nothing. We also called and nothing. They didn't follow up with the request as promised. The software didn't also meet our requirement on retention which is really important for our business. Note: Any user can edit the retention of an item if they have "edit permission". We also requested for the retention settings to be only controlled by a system administrator. Nothing. No response. We are still waiting after two months on the "schedule" they were supposed to send us and nothing. We wrote to them a lot and still no response.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Because eFile was recommended to us, the software had nice reviews and it seemed simple to use. Customer Support also told us eFile could do what we needed. They were right on only one thing - it was simple to use. But the overall experience with client support was horrible and the software didn't have the features we needed.

Lisa from AHRI

Worth it!

We have had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet. The customer service team is very responsive, our sales person is well informed on the product and can easily direct you to the team member who will be able to assist you with a problem. The trainers are patient and are willing to advise on the set up of your files. Our trainer, Kevin, knows EVERYTHING about the product, and is willing to do multiple sessions for us to make sure that we understand how to use the product.

Pros

eFile Cabinet and the associated Rubex software make moving from paper files to digital files easy. The various add-ins provide access to the system from your email, PDF, MSExcel, and MSWord. Once uploaded, the files (and their contents) are easy to search. An additional feature that is particularly useful for our team is the ability to allow a "guest user" to access files for a limited time. This is a lifesaver for managing audits and allowing employees to access and view documents in their file. The best feature in this software is the "help" automations that literally walk you through the different activities you may want to accomplish in the software.

Cons

This software can be used be a team that does not have a "plan" for moving to a digital platform, but that is very unwise. It is easy to begin using it right away; the biggest challenge comes in the set up and administration. There is a definite learning curve, and the training that is offered should be readily accepted -- it will be needed, and it is very helpful!

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet provided us with an on-line repository that was secure, easy to use, and we felt would last for quite a while. Nothing may last forever, but we feel confident in the security of our files and our ability to access them. The Microsoft Products often change (without notice), with features being updated or dropped with little or not time to make alternative plans. Additionally, they can be confusing and often require the use of a Developer. I set up the eFileCabinet account, the organization of new files, the governance protocols, and the upload of old files. The customer service is phenomenal, and I don't think I could have gotten this level of service and competence anywhere else.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2020

Wow, this is amazing feedback to hear and we're so grateful to be supporting your business and look forward to helping you with future successes. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Mike from Progressive Computer Technologies Inc.

Good product, WAY too expensive

Overall, I had many customers using efile, not it is down to 2, and they will not renew at the next renewal. The cost is just too high for the service provided.

Pros

The searchablity and security, data can't be compromised by a virus

Cons

There are bugs that may or may not get fixed during an update, and they don't know why.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

At the time it was a one-time purchase with yearly maintenance.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, we appreciate the feedback.

Steven from Empire Drafting and Desgin

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Using eFileCabinet

I am very happy with the use of this product. It is easy to use.

Pros

I like to ability to share files with co-workers, especially since we are working at home instead of the office do to COVID-19. It is very easy to use.

Cons

The only issue I have is the sidekick feature. It does not recognize my password and I have just given up using that feature.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2020

It's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic, we're grateful for a customer like you and appreciate your review!

April from National Wildlife Federation

Super easy system

Pros

This is a very user friendly, intuitive system to use. I love easily being able to drag files over to upload, or send an email to the system. Sidekick makes it simple to upload and search for files. We also found this to be a low cost system compared to others that we looked into.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind about eFile Cabinet..

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied December 2019

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this great review. It's wonderful to hear that you love the user-friendly interface. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Jennifer from Melissa Powers CPA & Associates PLLC

Accounting firm use

Our filing and saving of documents is no longer an issue, for the most part our clients have been able to upload documents without issues.

Pros

The integration process was very easy. The functionality of the software in our everyday use is amazing and makes our jobs easier

Cons

Some of the components are not very easy to figure out, I have had to call a few times to try and figure out how to use them.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Efile cabinet had more components to offer and more customer support.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate your review!

Keren from Bullen, Ruch, and Neller

It has less lag time when using, and it was very easy to upload documents.

Pros

It was very easy to use, everything was made simple.

Cons

We could not fully integrate this software with Lacerte like we thought. The import process took about 2 weeks for about 1,300 clients.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Previous experience with it.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2020

It's great to hear that you love the ease of use when uploading documents, thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Philip from Philip R Shea Jr CPA

Excellent way to go paperless

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Julie from McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

**Supreme** (online) Document Management Storage Software!

In the business world today, there are mountains and mountains of paperwork. Being able to limit and severly reduce our paper file storage has amounted to savings of thousands of hours and dollars. The ability for our PM's to be able to search for a document their smart phone or tablet while on the job and find the document/invoice/proposal/bid/change order, etc. is invaluable and hard to put a dollar amount on! There are many DMS software programs out there, but eFileCabinet is perfect for our enterprise!

Pros

Our (big) small construction business has been using eFileCabinet for almost 5 years now. We have 8 users who interact with the software on a daily basis. The flexibility of searches, profiles (tags), ease of organization, templates and such make this such a great program for our office. The ability to see documents on our smart devices or using a web browser (online version) is crucial to our project mgrs and even office staff when we are working remotely. I am a huge fan of this software and every update that comes out just improves the program even more. We are very happy with the tech support (hardly need it) on the rare occasion we encounter an issue. **Highly recommended**

Cons

I pondered this question for a good length of time. I honestly cannot complain about anything at this juncture. I am the "admin" for our account and so I do all the setup, permissions, user groups, profile setups, etc. I am the most knowledgable of the software at our office and can say with certainty that we are extremely happy with our use of eFileCabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we've been able to support your construction business with being able to go to a digital storage system with our document management software. We very much look forward to continuing to support the success of McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

Michael from PulseTech Products

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Exceptional Document Management System Software!

The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet, it literally blew me away. The ease of use and the ability to send people documents with the correct revisions was a blessing. No more having to worry about people not having the correct documentation. This goes for internal as well as external customers as well. The ability to search for documents became a breeze one everything was populated. The only downfall that I have about the software is that it doesn't support all of our file extensions. Maybe those are just buyer need instead of overall need, but we deal with printed circuit boards so that files associated with them don't resonate with the software. Other than that, it is probably the biggest blessing that we could have found for the company. The drag and drop style of putting in files, being able to do version control on the fly, and sending documents through Secure Drawer is an added bonus. You will be thankful for this purchase once you get on board. It's easy to use and quickly becoming my favorite software.

Pros

The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Cons

Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

August 2016

stephen from stephen benjamin, cpa, cfp

One of my Most Valuable Tools

I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Pros

This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Cons

I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Patrick from SMO Financial & Insurance Services, Inc

My eFileCabinet Experience

I feel confident that I made the right decision to help me contain, secure, and provide greater efficiencies with my cloud storage.

Pros

I liked the intuitive technology that seemed to be very "user friendly" compared to its competitors. I compared this technology with others and felt this was not just an out of a box product. I can customize it but I did not need to begin customization from the ground up. I didn't want to be an expert on learning how to build my cloud storage so, i felt eFileCabinet provided the construct while i just need to customize it a little to fit my needs. There is a tremendously helpful customer implementation team and support any time i need it. The customer service is very friendly and extremely helpful and it is in the United States. No waiting for service.

Cons

I have not found anything too big to complain about. There might be slight nuances that could make things better and more efficient but i found the competitors to have greater inefficiencies and work arounds that do not save time. Maybe eFileCabinet could have greater integration with the CRM's. I have Salesforce and it works well but I feel it could be better integrated.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

It was an easy setup that was intuitive. The customer support was better than what i had but not sure against the other vendors. This product was also good for a small shop like mine. Other options were for larger companies. The price tag was attractive and I really did not like Netscape. I have a client with Netscape and i used it on a free trial. I don't feel it is user friendly or intuitive.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied August 2019

It is so great to hear that you find the technology to be intuitive and user friendly! We look forward to providing continued support for your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

Kara from Tax Resource Center

eFileCabinet Review

We love e-file cabinet, and we love the IDEA of secure drawer. But it is just so difficult for our clients and us to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like how it is laid out. I like the function of emailing encrypted documents.

Cons

Secure drawer is HORRIBLE. Our clients and us are ALWAYS having issues with it. We love the idea. We love having a secure way to send docs, however it needs to more simple. And when we are able to speak with customer service they're fantastic and always tremendous help. However sometimes the wait times to get ahold of CS is difficult. Most of the year I can sit on hold for 40+ mins and it is not a problem. But during Tax Season Feb-Mid April, I do not have time to sit on hold for that long. I just cannot. So that is a very small downfall, however it very normal with any system and any customer service team.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

It's great to hear that you love how easy eFC is to use. We're excited to announce that we have some big changes launching soon that will improve the user experience even more and we would love to tell you more about how these changes can assist in your frustrations with Secure Drawer. We are hosting a free webinar on April 25 to discuss these changes, if you are interested you can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available via chat, phone, and through email to assist you as quickly as possible, and we also have our new Premium Support available for easy access 24 hours per day, 6 days per week. We hope providing these options for support will assist you in getting the support you need quickly and efficiently. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

Daniel from Daniel O. Anderson, CPA

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

Emily from Reyes Holdings

eFile review

Our overall experience with eFile is becoming more positive. We started out on a rough patch with the system. Our initial training wasn't the greatest and didn't focus on what we would actually benefit from in the system so we basically had to teach ourselves how to use it. Our company uses Sidekick more than online which has really helped our productivity in our company as we used to spend tons of time trying to get documents into employee drawers.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use eFile Sidekick. We have found that using that saves us much more time than using the online version and pulling documents from our email is much quicker than using the eFile scanner.

Cons

What I least like about this software is how the online version lags so much. We are also a company of 30,000+ so we have many drawers out there for our employees. We've had to create multiple cabinets to continue adding employees into. We've had to find a work around in searching for employees since our one cabinet is so full, we can't click on it without freezing and getting booted out of sidekick. I do wish that eFile was able to really handle the amount of documents we put into the system and that it would run smoother for us.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and for your trust in us to provide support for your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that are launching soon that will improve the user experience even more. We look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Jacqueline from Dailey Bookkeeping Services

Great storage option!

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

Don from Stone and Gomez, LLC

eFileCabinet (EFC) Is Superb for Accounting and Tax Preparation Practices

We are a 12-person accounting and tax preparation practice that has used the locally installed of EFC for 5+ years. Currently we have 115GB of data made up of 143K+ files in 425K+ folders and 6.7K+ drawers. EFC has performed faithfully with only very occasional minor issues (usually user error) during the entire time we've had it. In 30+ years in IT/Business I can't recall any other software that has been this reliable. This is one of the few pieces of software I can recommend without hesitation.

Pros

Allows us to save scans of our clients paper and electronic documents as well as digital copies of their tax returns in a fast, secure, dependable and easy to use document repository. Excellent search capability allows misfiled/"lost" documents to be quickly located.

Cons

Integration with Lacerte, our professional tax prep software (which has ~85% of the market) is limited. NOTE: This is NOT the fault of EFC. Despite our repeated requests over the last 5 years, Intuit, owner of Lacerte, has not provided the needed API (interface) that third parties like EFC require to integrate. EFC has said they stand ready to develop this integration once Intuit delivers. We are hopeful this will occur in 2019.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2019

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to faithfully improve the efficiency of your business. Thank you for being our customer, we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

Karen from Karen A Rivet, CPA

eFileCabinet User for Many Years

I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Pros

eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Cons

I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Priscilla from Myerson & Myerson, CPA's

Finding documents

Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Pros

I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something and it brings you to e-file cabinet, select the correct file and click save and your done. I am from the paper filing era and the time savings on not having to locate misfiled documents is a cost savings for the firm. We scan all documents as they arrive and because we have a standardized naming convention, everyone knows what is available. It is also easy to drag and drop if you receive a pdf.

Cons

We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied August 2019

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

Will from Beverly K. Straub, CPA

Thoughts after using EFC

We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people were very familiar with doing a SmartVault conversion, but after doing the process it was very obvious that they did not know what to do in terms on (1) how to get the data from SV and (2) how to re-arrange the data so that it imports correctly into EFC. So, after we got EFC going we had them do some re-arranging of our data on our server so it worked properly which took a while to find the solution on how to fix it. Then a week after that we ran into more issues about something corrupted on our server-side database. That took another week form them to figure out a solution and finally get it fixed. Now, we are still having issues with another problem about SecureDrawer that they are working on, but as of waiting 3-4 days after opening a ticket they don't have a timeframe on fixing.

Pros

I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Cons

I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program. Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

Karen from susan m walla cfp ea

Does the Job!

We have to use eFileCabinet for our financial and tax business. Our tax software doesn't support eFileCabinet so it takes us extra steps to save completed pdf files of tax returns into the software. For our financial clients, we are required to have this software so we have . But, overall, the software does what it is supposed to - to keep your documents safe and secure in one easy to search place. Customer service is reachable and they will answer your questions when they are able to.

Pros

This software will make it easy for you to keep important documents for your clients and for other aspects of your business in one place, safely and securely. It is fairly flexible in that you can organize the client "files" and "filing cabinets" how you like. You can search for the client name which makes it easy to find what you are looking for with only a few keystrokes.

Cons

The software can be a little confusing to use and a bit finicky if you double-click on your pdf files that you want to "check out". I've lost items that I had scanned into the software because the pdf file gets locked up and can't be recovered. I called support for help, but they either didn't understand what my issue was or couldn't recreate it to fix it. I just try to be careful when viewing or "checking out" documents. You can also scan documents directly into the software, but this software does not have the ability to manipulate the saved scans - like, if you decide that you want to add or delete or even change the orientation of an already saved document you will need to purchase a full version of adobe pdf software.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

It's great to heart that we're able to help your business store documents for your clients securely. We're excited to be launching some new features that will work even more efficiently and seamlessly with other tax software platforms and hope this will really help your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

JEFFREY from JEFFREY L SCHUCKMAN CPA

Original user

Pros

I purchased E file cabinet when it was first developed. I have used the original version because I do not use Microsoft office. The later versions require Microsoft Office to age maximum benefit and data encryption from the product. As a single practitioner I do not need encryption. So if you are considering purchasing the product be aware that the technical service is wonderful. The assistance they provide me with annual setting up new year universal templates is worth the reasonable annual maintenance cost for the service. The people are helpful and the phone support from Mountain time to Eastern time is convenient.

Cons

The current versions require Microsoft email if you want to attach a file to an email. I use Chrome so if I want to attach a file I have to print it to the desktop then attach it to the email. Then I have to delete it from the desktop.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

I purchased e file when it was shown at the NYC accounting show in the late 1900's or the early 2000's. All the other products were significantly more expensive

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2019

It is great to hear that you find eFileCabinet service valuable and the support helpful. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Miriam from Kroschel Accounting Services, PLLC

August 2016

E-File Cabinet gives me peace of mind and saves me time and space

I have used E-file Cabinet desktop version for over 7 years. My growing CPA firm was bulging at the seams with documents from years of bookkeeping and tax return work. The EFC team was extremely helpful form day one to get me set up and answer my questions. I have been able to shred thousands of documents and manage my filing system in an efficient manner.

Pros

I love that I can retrieve documents for my clients on a moment's notice and send confidential information with password protection. I can refer to prior year's work papers on-screen without having to retrieve physical files, which saves me time and allows me to work more efficiently and effectively. I love being able to append and/or prepend to existing documents in EFile Cabinet. I also really like how it integrates with Secure Drawer, another product offered by EFC.

Cons

I have had a little trouble with sending e-mails from EFC, where the document is attached to the e-mail but my comments in the body of the e-mail don't appear to the recipient if my e-mail is formatted in HTML format. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Decent software and features but support is lacking

The software makes it easy to share client files between departments and simple to send files to the client when requested. Overall it is a good product.

Pros

We also use the SecureDrawer product to integrate sending and receiving files with our clients. I prefer e-file cabinet as it works better and seems like a better user experience. Overall I like the simple way to add files, categorize and use templates and search functionality. All work very naturally and are easy to remember when I need to perform an action.

Cons

We run it on a local server and it often forgets or gets confused when doing the indexing. I add new clients so sometimes we cannot find the new folders and have to search for them manually. This is only an issue periodically but in my 4 years working with the software seems to happen more than any other product I have used in the past.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that we've been able to help your business with keeping things simple and organized. We are excited about some of the new updates being released soon that will improve the user experience even more to assist with some of the issues you mention here. We also have a support team that is available through phone, chat, and email that is ready and willing to help with any additional questions you have. We look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business!

David from David Oase CPA PC

Great storage for a small CPA firm

After the collapse of DMS from Lacerte we tried one other program (a disaster) before we found Efile Cabinet.

Pros

Easy to organize and standardize your file cabinet can look like you want it to. With standardized naming conventions, folder structure and retention features you can automate your files. We love the open, edit and save features of the program. Search the entire cabinet for lost files by name and date. Encrypted for your clients protection and big enough to store over 5,000 clients with almost 20 years of records.

Cons

The search function has slowed down with the latest software update. I cannot drag emails from out look to the cabinet. I have to drag them to the desktop first. Sometimes when you create a new folder for a client it creates 2 with the same name. The secure drawer portal is difficult to work with. (my client who is a computer programmer complained about it) So we switched to Secure File Pro for a portal.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the security features of our system and that it's helped to provide protection for your clients. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Pushkar from BMO Capital Markets

Industry: Capital Markets

efilecabinet review

Despite some glitches, I found efilecabinet as very robust product

Pros

1) Ease of use - It was so much easier to setup efilecabinet for loading and retrieving document 2) Very easy to control user access to the Cabinet, Drawer and folders 3) With Sidekick on desktop, using efilecabinet is like using file explorer. No user training required 4) We got efilecabinet approved for 17A(4) from FINRA so were able to replace Broadridge repository

Cons

1) It is not possible to generate few simple reports. For example, I wanted to send out an email listing all the documents stored in certain folders that day but that is not possible 2) Found that douments which passed retention were not automaticall moving to Expired folder

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Amazon Glacier is only good if the documents are not retrieved often.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied August 2019

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is able to help your business by making your documents easy to access with user controls and with little training required! We love to be able to support your business and look forward to providing you with continued support. Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this feedback.

Colleen from Montgomery & Granai PC

Keep it simple and convenient

We are a CPA firm, concentrating on tax preparation, consulting and planning. With eFC, there is no more time consuming hunting for the right folder, no more cumbersome paper files to manage and store. We converted several years ago and have never looked back with nostalgia to the old days! Now we can wow our clients with easy, quick access to their information and that impresses them and makes our days happier and less stressful.

Pros

eFileCabinet has made our lives so much easier and our client service much more efficient. Any staff member can look up a client's info. When a client stops by with an additional document or sends something to us by email, it is a quick and simple process to file the new doc.

Cons

Much as we love the simplicity and ease of using eFileCabinet, it sometimes feels as if the programming is not quite keeping up. Files will lock up occasionally. There has always been a simple work-around to any of the little annoying problems that arise but who wants problems ever?

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are excited to hear that eFileCabinet has helped make your lives easier and your client service more efficient. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your business in the future with some new updates that will improve the user and client experience even more.

Nicholas from NC Finanical Group

2018 feedback

We experienced a lag time with the end of the tax filing season. Would have been better with more bandwidth to help us in the field.

Pros

The easiness of the usability and the relationship of RightSignature.

Cons

1) I do not like the easiness of the delete function, without securing the delete key 2) I want the ability to upload folders into the client accounts 3) I would like an easy function to resend an expired link to a client. Often times, when clients are purchasing or refinancing their homes, they need the tax return from a year prior. 4) I would like the ability to send a link to an isolated item in the efilecabinet ( i.e. a specific W2 or a certain receipt that the client requests. ). I would like the option to right-click and send a link for the specific item 5) I would like the ability to upload electronic folders into a client name in efilecabinet.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

It's great to hear you enjoy the usability feature and the way our software integrates with RightSignature. We are excited for some new updates launching shortly that will help improve some of this concerns you have mentioned and that will provide an even better user experience. If you have any questions or ever need additional support, our success team is here to help you via chat, phone, or email. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Tina from Bolden Tax Consulting

This is an awesome Data Manangement

9.99 sometimes they are not on Accountant's schedule (4/15 9/15 and 10/15) so they have so special instructions for us during our peak season. This needs to be improved.

Pros

It's easy to use and the customer service is superb.

Cons

It takes some hand holding to get use to the software. The video Library isn't searchable so I constantly have to ask for guidance on training I desire. it can be more client-friendly.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Yes. I love the customer service.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied November 2019

It's so great that you feel the customer service is superb, thank you so much for sharing! We have also started providing Premium Support available 24 hours per day Mon-Sat and we will have your account manager contact you to discuss how we can support your needs as an accountant with a very busy schedule. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review.

Jesse from Caldwell Accountants

Functionality & Ease of Use is the Name of the Game

We can easily access, analyze, and print out any needed document at any workstation as needed. This functionality makes Efilecabinet very valuable to our company. I have had very good experiences getting technicians when needed except on a few occasions when demand is very high. Each tech is knowledgeable and does a quick and efficient job of getting us back on track. We have been using your software for 6 or 7 years with little downtime or problem.

Pros

Everything! It seems that all of our employees find Efilecabinet to be very easy to use, and that the functionality of it does everything we need it to quickly and efficiently. Using the EfileScanner makes moving documents into Efilecabinet so quick and easy that even new personnel find it a joy to use. Having all our important documents so readily available and kept secure is a strong value of this software. We have over a Terabyte of documents saved in Efilecabinet and know that documentation is safe.

Cons

It seems some Windows updates have a bad habit of destroying our scanner application files so that I have to call in every once in a while on some employee computers needing to have a technician delete and reinstall parts of the scanner operational files in the Hkey area of Windows.

Larry from McAlister Oil

EFC review

When we purchased Efile Cabinet we went from standard filing to nearly 90% paper free retention. Some items have to be retained in original form and others do not. Any items that have a legal retention period such as driver logs are set to shred at the appropriate time so that eliminates the need to go in and do it manually. We probably save enough storage time to be the equivalent of another employee.

Pros

The system was relatively easy to set up and get into operation. Each user has the ability to set their own retention period for every drawer and accessing our files has never been easier. When there is that rare problem the online help system has been able to remote in and fix it right away. We use it for everything from DOT compliance paperwork to Bill of Lading retention as well as filing our maintenance records.

Cons

I know it is necessary but it seems like there is a new release every year.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

The price fit our budget and the product seemed to do what we needed. We have never been sorry for the purchase.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied August 2019

Wow, it is so great to read this wonderful review and learn more about your experience using eFileCabinet and how you use it within your business! We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Julie from Capital Community Bank

Efile, can't live without it.

Time saver, no more running around to locate files. Can send documents password secured by email. You can design how you want to setup and use efile with customization of templates, user and file retention. Customer service is great, love that on our desktop version help link takes me directly to the website. I can then lookup my question with answer to resolve or chat with a rep. in a timely manner.

Pros

Ease of use and security features to allow secured access to offsite users. Customer can send Financial information, Examiners can review documents cutting down on onsite visits. Option to scan in Black/White, Gray-scale or Color help with photos in our Appraisal. No need to retain hard copy file. We can print our Credit Reports and Business Searches directly to efile. Saving in both process and cost by skipping the need to print then scanning. PDF received we can move and drop directly to efile.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons and we've used this for years now.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. It's great to hear that you love the ease-of-use our features provide and that you haven't experienced any cons. We love to support your business and are excited to continue to provide support for your success.

Alison from Peak Brokerage Services

eFile Review

For the most part efile is easy to use and is helpful in keeping our files organized. I wish that the customer service was a little more helpful in fixing the one major problem that we keep running into, but overall we will continue to use this product in the future.

Pros

When changing over our computers a few years ago, we moved all client files and office operation files from our computers to this cloud based efile system. The move over was easy and did not take long to upload. It is easy to organize and create new drawers and files. Also, the efile buddy is helpful and easy to download onto anyone's desktop.

Cons

We have had problems of files being deleted. When calling to efile customer service, no one has been able to help us. This has been going on for a while and no one seems to be able to give us an answer. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is random and has deleted all kinds of files including PDFs, Word documents and Excels.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate the review. We want to ensure the best experience possible for your business and will have your account manager reach out to you regarding some of the issues you have mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Linda from Christian Unified Schools of San Diego

eFileCabinet is a great answer to document storage!

I now have at my fingertips all the documents I could possibly need! Instead of having to go to a different office to look in a file or go downstairs to the archives to find a document - I simply go to my cabinets and quickly pull it up! This saves me a lot of time and effort!

Pros

I have set up my cabinets and draws just as if they were sitting in my office. It's logical and easy to use. Since I keep student records I have one cabinet that has all the transcripts from the time the school opened until the present. Then I have individual cabinets for each graduating year with students in alpha order with the documents that we must keep forever. It's soooo easy to quickly find a student or a specific document.

Cons

When it has been a few days since I went into my eFileCabinet I find that it takes a bit for it to get 'warmed up'. Navigating between cabinets, drawers or documents can be very slow. If I'm uploading a new document, it can act as though I didn't drop and drag the document and instead of immediately showing me that the document is there, I sit and wait and wait. Then, I'll try to upload again and find that now I have two of the document and must delete one. Other than that - it works great for me!

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Keeping records offsite seemed so inconvenient when compared to eFileCabinet's ability to have all those documents kept in the cloud, easily accessible. We were quoted a VERY fair price and my admin team did not take long to approve my request.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied December 2019

It's great to hear how you have been able to set up eFileCabinet to work exactly the way you need it to for your business, thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Troy D. O'Dell from Troy D O'Dell CPA

E-filecabinet

My biggest positive for this sofftare in general is that it is in the cloud and saves me from having local computer crashes and data loss. I can also access the database from home or anywhere I want or need to which is convenient. I also have an employee that works from their home and this works out well for this.

Pros

I was forced to leave my other electronic workpaper program as they discontinued use. I liked this software because it functions similarly to what I was using before. It is easy to use.

Cons

I had a desktop version before moving to the cloud and had several major problems with that version as it corrupted on my computer several times and did not automatically index to a cloud backup. That was in 2015. Since moving to the cloud after that it has been very good.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

It was more cost efficient for me.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied September 2019

We love to hear that the cloud version of eFileCabinet has been so successful with helping your business and providing you with the flexibility you need for protection and having employees work offsite. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

Jeff from ITAS, Inc

eFileCabinet

Pros

Being able to organize and store electronic documents.

Cons

The fact that indexing documents is not automated. Integration is week.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Again securedrawer was the best work around to accomplish the need I had with one of my clients.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

Tamera from Mijac Alarm

Industry: Security and Investigations

Info at my Fingertips

Everyone can access a room full of file cabinets from their desktop. We used to take the customer's phone number and then go pull the file, look through 20 years of papers to find the one we were looking for, then call the customer back. Now while on the phone we can look up the information which is filed in each client's folder by category and then date, and relay the info all within seconds.

Pros

Information for over 10,000 client's accessed instantly. I don't have to leave my desk to hunt down a folder. No more hours of standing in the file cabinet room to file each week.

Cons

Some of the actual software is hard to use on the administrative side. Making templates or customizing is not so easy and is time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

We have used eFile since 2008 at the time there were not many alternatives. There were backup programs, but not efiling software.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied September 2019

It's so great to hear how eFileCabinet is able to help your business support over 10,000 clients! We're excited to be a part of your team and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

David from Priority Taxation

Stable and speedy application that keeps us organized

The overall experience with eFileCabinet has been positive. It's been a fantastic way to continue our move into the paperless world.

Pros

Stable and secure; speedy searches; super easy to add new contacts; we love the auto-create folder structure; great retention settings; The ability to quickly add new folders to existing contacts; Prompt and very helpful support team

Cons

We don't like that we can't attach a document from within our email application. The document attachment process must start from with eFileCabinet. Not that this is difficult fortunately. Also, when emailing a document from eFileCabinet, the application prompts you each and every time to encrypt the attachment. No way to turn this off. Finally, eFileCabinet doesn't play nicely with older versions of Fujitsu's ScanSnap software.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied June 2019

It is great to hear that you love how speedy and easy to use the eFileCabinet software is! We love to support our customers in running their businesses more efficiently. We are also excited about some upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more and will allow for some custom settings that will address some of the issues you mentioned. We will have your account manager contact you to discuss these solutions further. Thanks for leaving us this review!

Walter from Walter Shaw, Enrolled Agent

w. shaw

Pros

It provides an excellent backup and allows me to reduce the use of paper .I scan W-2s, 1099's, escrow papers and worksheets into it. It allows easy access to these items for emailing to my clients and, in case of audit, I have the worksheets to go by.

Cons

Whereas it backs up to the cloud, it doesn't back up everything every time. I called for support on this and they had no answer. The other item that I find difficult is emailing direct from the software. It won't use any of my email addresses and you can't email more than one file at a time.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied May 2019

It is great to hear how eFIleCabient is able to support your business with excellent backup and by reducing your need for paper. We are excited about some new updates being released shortly that will improve the user experience even more, and will hopefully help the issue with backing up to the cloud that you have experienced. Someone from our support team will also be in contact with you to discuss this further so we can ensure eFileCabinet is working the best that it can to support your business. Thanks for leaving us this review!

What I Like and Don't Like About eFile Cabinet

EFile Cabinet saves us from having to keep hard copies of our clients files and this, in turn, saves us from having to buy filing cabinets and finding room for them. Files are easy to access.

Pros

It is super easy to scan and file documents with eFile Cabinet. Filing directly from the computer to eFile is a great way to save on paper. Restoring deleted files is a very simple process.

Cons

There are glitches with the Indexing Service not running. It used to be that a message would appear on screen letting me know that the service has stopped which would then necessitate a call to eFile Cabinet. I finally had them walk me through what needed to be done to correct the problem and I now correct it myself. The eFile tech people are all wonderful to work with - they are patient and always fix the problem.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review with your feedback. It is great to hear that our support team is good to work with and that they've been able to help you with technical issues. We look forward to providing continued support for your business.

Kim from Opinicus Capital

Getting Better

Very reliable, easy to maintain, super easy to retrieve documents.

Pros

I love the simplicity for others to use the software via Secure Drawer. Once you've figured out a few kinks, which are very few now, it is very simple to use. It is always available, never down so very reliable.

Cons

Customer Service is online only which is very frustrating when you'd like to speak to explain the issue. It is very hard to initially learn how to maneuver the system and integrate Secure Drawer.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied April 2019

It's great to hear that you love the simplicity for using our software through Secure Drawer. We are excited to tell you about our Premium Support, which is available 24 hours per day, Monday through Saturday. We also have an available support team available via chat, phone, and email to assist you as quickly as possible. Your customer success manager has reached out and spoken with Heidi about this, and would love to speak with you if you have further questions. We help this provides a solution for your support needs and we look forward to providing continued support to you and for the success of your business.

Bonnie from Tostevin Accountancy Corporation

eFileCabinet Review

We are happy with it but it has been frustrating. But for the price its a very good option.

Pros

I like the search option. You can search for a client by first name or last. Customer service is incredible. They really know their product.

Cons

We have issues with permissions. We store a file and you can't see it listed. This is getting better. Templates are a little bit complicated to do especially since you have to apply to drawers individually. We also didn't know there could be an issues with too many clients in a drawer. We had to set up more drawers to spread them out.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the search functionality. Your customer success manager is available to assist with any further issues you may have with templates, and we hope to be able to provide a smoother process for your users going forward. We're excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to support the success of your business.

ira from ira a klein cpa

efc review

run a very good operation over there.

Pros

First off the customer service is phenomenal!...Enthusiastic employees who have a comprehensive knowledge of their software. The software is very good as well. If you don't use a document manager, this software will lower your blood pressure 10 points and let you take a 2 week vacation that you couldn't take before.

Cons

the older version let you see everything date sorted, now the newer version not have that....also when you upload to the newer version the prior dates that created pdf are obliterated...that's bad!!......also older version used to have a store again feature..........would get big points if you incorporated a to do list into the program.....dm of intuit does that.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

It's great to hear that our software lowers your blood pressure and allows you to take vacations! We strive to provide great service and value to our customers and love to support their success as individuals and as a business. Thanks for leaving this great review.

Kathy from Camp Bow Wow Lawrence

Industry: Veterinary

The Good & the Bad

We now have all our customer records converted to efilecabinet so we're kind of married. The good news is that anytime I need a customer record when I'm taking a dog to the vet, I can quickly log on from anywhere and get that record. The bad news is that it took us a year to get to this point. Customer service is very lacking. In order to get answers, I have to make an appointment with a tech rep. Unfortunately, in my business, I do not have the luxury of setting an appointment and being able to be available for a call at a specific time. There are still issues to be ironed out, but I simply need my questions answered when I call, not in an appointment 2 days later.

Pros

Ease of use once I figured it out.

Cons

I'm still figuring out what I can and can't do. It didn't help that apparently, I was in no man's land for most of the year. We thought we were purchasing a cloud-based product (we don't have the storage capacity), but found out quite by accident when talking to a tech rep and got our subscription changed to "online". However, in renewing negotiations, I found that we were still being billed and supported as a desktop product.

thomas from Thomas F largay, CPA

EFile Cabinet

I live in Maine part of the year and Florida the rest of the year. I am a CPA so I need client files and copies of prior tax returns and support documents. Never a problem. Since I have used the software since 2003, there sometimes situations where I need to look back a return or the documentation.

Pros

The software is easy to use, but the most important point is the high level of support when I cannot get something to work. Never had a problem and the help is super patient when I have not explained my problem. Always fix it right the first time.

Cons

Like everyone I wish it was cheaper, but I would rather pay for quality than be sorry later.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

Requirement to have files with me in two locations.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied September 2019

Wow, thank you for leaving us this great review. It's great to hear that you love the mobility of the system as you move between Maine and Florida, and that you've had a great experience with eFileCabinet storing your documents. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Brandon from Sound Health Medical Supply

Industry: Executive Office

Efile Cabinet

Efile is a 1,2,3, step in system organizing. If you are trying to convert from paperless.. efile has some challenges. There are not many editing so if you want to change the direction of the organization you can not easily do that using this software. So far with the storage space it is working great! It would also be nice to have a button where you and individually select pages in the file to scan.

Pros

E-file is used on the daily. 1,2,3 steps. Easy-ish to use. Clear instructions and great customer help with employees that are friendly and knowledgeable when a problem occurs. The software is very black and white and you are able to Create a more advanced.

Cons

Creating a more advanced and complex filing system when scanning multiple files is more on the challenging side to correct. If you mess up and want to delete a mistake it is near impossible. I look at efile as more as the finale draft for a project and there are not many editing options to play around with. It would also be nice to have a button where you and individually select pages in the file to scan.

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied March 2019

We're happy to hear that you find eFileCabinet as easy as 1,2,3 to use! We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Susan from Saul & Associates

Office Manager

At a glance, we can access anything. We can send our tax returns encrypted with a click of the mouse.

Pros

The ease to access everything immediately; this is our number one software that we use. At different shows, we have even visited with people considering this product and showed them our set up. Everyone we have talked to thru the years has been super impressed.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. Everything has been great especially you get people on the phone that you can understand.

Reasons for Choosing eFileCabinet

The people were always very helpful. You do not get an automated phone system when a need arises. We actually have had very few problems with anything since we started using efile cabinet

Response from eFileCabinet

Replied February 2020

It's incredible to hear that eFileCabinet is the number one software you use, we're proud to be able to help your business and look forward to providing you with continued support. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review.