eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like the ease of use about this software. It's easy to understand and navigate throughout the site."
  • icon"It's a great feature that I haven't seen elsewhere, and it's a great help when things need to be sorted quickly during the busy season."
  • icon"The best thing I like about this software is the ease of use and flexibility to adapt to our industry."
  • icon"I selected a single file, and an entire directory was deleted. No warning, no way to recover."
  • icon"Cost or expense, lack of follow up when I had a problem with questions."
  • icon"It seems to crash frequently causing it to be frustrating."

All eFileCabinet Reviews

eFile Cabinet for Financial Adviser

Kathryn F.

Industry: Law Practice

Better Than Others With Room for Improvement

eFileCabinet support has been quick and resolved any questions/concerns that I have. The price is higher than others but you get more features than lower-priced programs.

Pros

The ability to customize sharing so much; granting access without individual having to have separate account for program; preview pane; branding ability; multiple viewing panes at once; audit trail easily accessible; folder templates; e-signature in program

Cons

Invitation email 24 hour timeout; inability to select multiple files that aren't listed consecutively; drop down for filing is visually a little difficult to differentiate between; works better in certain internet browsers; Gmail will not allow as third-party app because level of security not high enough (for pulling in emails)

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Smokeball was desktop based (no option for cloud) and only runs on PCs.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

Needed more security; tired of switching between views (folder/document list vs preview of doc); couldn't as easily control internal and external access; no templates; no ability to e-sign within

Response from eFileCabinet

It's great to learn more about how eFileCabinet is helpful for your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this review and your feedback!

Replied September 2020

Adam

Alfresco Enterprise Alternative

We needed a modern, robust, cloud-based document management system for long term digital archiving. Overall eFileCabinet has served our needs very well.

Pros

The conversion team saved us from an aging system that we needed to abandon. The Cloud Server being the same cost as an on premises server was a great incentive for choosing eFileCabinet. The Cabinet -> Folder structure is easy to understand and navigate. The ability to share large files with users outside of our organization easily has also been a boon.

Cons

Search is powerful, but due to the Alfresco Enterprise system we imported from relying on metadata tags for search, very particular steps are needed to use the search in eFileCabinet's Rubex properly. It's confusing for our core users sometimes. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about Rubex's search functions had we started our digital archive in Rubex, but as it is this is a function that is mildly frustrating.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Alfresco support contracts cost tens of thousands of dollars and it felt like we were a nuisance to both their sales and support teams. Every other competitive product to eFileCabinet I found was either more affordable but did not meet our needs or was exceptionally more expensive and offered far more than we need. If you need to store thousands of scanned digital documents with the ability to search through them all, eFileCabinet delivers what you need. Its capabilities go beyond that and perhaps one day we will explore using it for other purposes, but for right now we are satisfied.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

The conversion team at eFileCabinet REALLY bailed us out of a jam. Our 160 year old higher education institution relied on an ancient Alfresco Enterprise server for archiving old scans of digital transcripts and the like. With a long expired support contract, getting any assistance with the very finicky and old Alfresco software that relies on Flash Player was next to impossible. Renewing the contract was several times more costly than moving all of our archives to eFileCabinet.

November 2022

We have moved on to other similar product

Pros

Mobile version available Easy to navigateAble to store and share documents easilyCloud based solution enable documents to be accessed anywhere in the world

Cons

Long loading time Easily replaced by other similar and better product

Lorrainw

Industry: Law Practice

September 2022

Cloud document storage with great tech support

effective storage of docs which can be accessed from anywhere, anytime. Thank you Rubex!

Pros

It keeps my files and documents in identifiable folders, organized and easy to access. Information can be found easily, even for years previous. It is great for saving emails, which can be opened and replied to at a later date if need be. It is easy to drag files to desktop to work on and upload again to save.

Cons

Upgrades from other software and cloud programs (like Microsoft, or printer software installs and upgrades) create issues with the Rubex applications.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

-used it for years before in another law firm and my files were already set-up in Rubex.

Patrick

eFileCabinet

Fantastic. Simple. Not afraid to use it as it is not overwhelming and almost no learning curve.

Pros

A platform that provides an intuitive, simple and common filing system that mimics what one would utilize if using paper. There is very little set-up and also provides the ability to accommodate/configure each company's needs. The accessible customer service is based in USA and everyone has been extremely helpful without hold times. They will train you more than once, if needed, as it is a very simple means of going paperless. They are not trying to reinvent the wheel in filing but are continuously upgrading and improving its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing for me, since my application is cloud based and not desktop, is integration with other vendors. On the other hand, i am not sure if I would ever need to integrate with my other vendors.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

It was the easiest system to set-up, learn and use on a daily basis. It provided a construct that I can build out. It was low cost compared to others. It had an attractive and intuitive platform.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

I switched from Docupace because it had a large learning curve due to its complicated platform. It was not intuitive and overly complicated the filing process.

Response from eFileCabinet

It's awesome to learn more about you use eFileCabinet and that you love the customer service and support. We're grateful for you as a customer and we really appreciate your time to leave this review!

Replied September 2020

eFile Cabinet and SecureDrawer

I am able to share files with my clients in accordance with IRS guidelines.

Pros

My clients and I are able to share files securely.

Cons

I need a workflow management solution which is not included with eFile Cabinet.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

EFileCabinet is easier to use than any of the products I tried. It is also more cost effective.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

DropBox is not as secure.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear your feedback!

Replied November 2019

Nicole

Good electronic document storage

Overall, eFileCabinet has been a great solution for our small business to be able to securely store all of our company documents. It is great that we can share our information with all of our employees and even restrict certain access. It has been a good, economical solution for us!

Pros

It is very helpful to be able to drag and drop documents/attachments from email into eFileCabinet. It is also very helpful to be able to print documents directly into eFileCabinet.

Cons

It would be helpful if it was easier to select and email certain documents directly from eFileCabinet.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

efileCabinet suited our needs the best and was a great economical solution for our small business.

Response from eFileCabinet

We love that we get to support your business and that you find the drag and drop feature so helpful! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Replied September 2021

Deborah

EfileCabinet Document Management System

No issues. We are very happy.

Pros

Very easy to use. Always works. Competitive Pricing.

Cons

I wish I could pdf from lacerte into efilecabinet, but its not that big of a deal to just pdf to my desktop and then drag and drop into efilecabinet.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Seemed more user friendly and pricing was much lower with EfileCabinet.

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

Lacerte announced they were ending DMS, I think they ended up changing their minds, but either way, Lacerte DMS was way to slow for us, we needed an upgrade anyways.

Response from eFileCabinet

It is excellent to hear that your business is happy with eFIleCabinet. We strive to provide the best in value and support for our customers! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Replied June 2019

Kim

October 2022

Super easy way to stay organized!

Pros

I like having folders and sub folders. That just makes sense to me so it was easy to learn this software.

Cons

I was unable to delete documents, so if I put them in the front place, they were stuck there. That may have been due to my user settings.

November 2022

after using this software i like more of his feature as document management and sharing

Pros

the sharing feature and the encryption one are very importante in this software

Cons

the subscription this more expensive than similar software

Janice

Zonal OCR - eFile Cabinet's best feature that we can't use

Great support from the SALES people in terms of getting you set up with basic access to your account. Nothing special after that. The software is WAY overpriced if all you need to do is provide online access to documents. The only reason we would consider renewing is if we were provided the cooperation and adequate assistance from tech support to properly train users on Zonal OCR, rather than being made to feel like you're the last person they feel like talking to. Or, FIX the software so that you don't have to spend so much time teaching non programmers how to use it.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features, such as easily being able to manage user access to documents, ease of creating files, uploading, downloading, etc. I really like the Rubex icon which can easily be added to the "ribbon" dashboard in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.

Cons

There are several different choices available to businesses today that offer the same basic features and functions offered by eFile Cabinet for a fraction of the cost. The cabinet structure is extremely limited, and the icons for cabinets and drawers (ugly gray block looking thing) look way too much alike, causing confusion for new users. E-File Cabinet's Zonal OCR is what could potentially separate them from their competitors, and is in my opinion, the BEST and most AMAZING tech tool available for those who need to file mass amounts of documents (Invoices from hundreds of vendors in our situation). I used the word potentially because, unless you are a programmer, trying to set up templates for Zonal OCR is beyond challenging. And though the sales staff will taught that their tech staff is supportive, my experience has been that they are less than thrilled at having to spend time on the phone tutoring non techies on how to set up templates. In a nutshell, don't offer or advertise a feature of your software that can't be used by non programmers. This could EASILY be fixed by adding simple user friendly radio buttons (steps) that non programmers could follow through and understand.

Chelsie

Saving Space and Saving Time

Keeping up with paperwork for at least seven years per project can be absolutely overwhelming. It takes up physical space, it is difficult to navigate and find items from years ago. Not to mention the dust bunnies that build up! Our company absolutely adores this product because it really gives us a space to keep all of our documents organized, stored in a safe place, and dust free! You cannot ask for more when it comes to keeping up with documents!

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to navigate and to use. The sector our company is involved requires tremendous amounts of paperwork, high compliance standards, and impeccable organizational aspects. Having e-FileCabinet simplifies keeping up with the paperwork and gives us the option to discard physical copies of old paperwork from old projects. Another aspect of the software is the ability for anyone in the company to have unlimited access to the paperwork needed. It's very simple to log onto our account and find what we need. One other aspect that is one of my favorites is the ability to customize what drawers are within each folder when created. This makes the ability to really organize our work effortless.

Cons

What I like least about the product is I have found on a couple of occasions where the PDF file did not upload properly and when accessed at a later date, the file would not download. Other than this issue, we have had no issues with the software.

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

Whenever we were making the decision to introduce eFileCabinet to our company, we knew that it offered everything that we were looking for. The other options-again I can't even think of the name of any other software we looked at even though I know we did-did not meet the level of organization that is offered here.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this glowing review with us about your experience! We love that we get to support your business and thank you for being our customer!

Replied December 2020

Lisa

Worth it!

We have had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet. The customer service team is very responsive, our sales person is well informed on the product and can easily direct you to the team member who will be able to assist you with a problem. The trainers are patient and are willing to advise on the set up of your files. Our trainer, Kevin, knows EVERYTHING about the product, and is willing to do multiple sessions for us to make sure that we understand how to use the product.

Pros

eFile Cabinet and the associated Rubex software make moving from paper files to digital files easy. The various add-ins provide access to the system from your email, PDF, MSExcel, and MSWord. Once uploaded, the files (and their contents) are easy to search. An additional feature that is particularly useful for our team is the ability to allow a "guest user" to access files for a limited time. This is a lifesaver for managing audits and allowing employees to access and view documents in their file. The best feature in this software is the "help" automations that literally walk you through the different activities you may want to accomplish in the software.

Cons

This software can be used be a team that does not have a "plan" for moving to a digital platform, but that is very unwise. It is easy to begin using it right away; the biggest challenge comes in the set up and administration. There is a definite learning curve, and the training that is offered should be readily accepted -- it will be needed, and it is very helpful!

Reasons for choosing eFileCabinet

eFileCabinet provided us with an on-line repository that was secure, easy to use, and we felt would last for quite a while. Nothing may last forever, but we feel confident in the security of our files and our ability to access them. The Microsoft Products often change (without notice), with features being updated or dropped with little or not time to make alternative plans. Additionally, they can be confusing and often require the use of a Developer. I set up the eFileCabinet account, the organization of new files, the governance protocols, and the upload of old files. The customer service is phenomenal, and I don't think I could have gotten this level of service and competence anywhere else.

Response from eFileCabinet

Wow, this is amazing feedback to hear and we're so grateful to be supporting your business and look forward to helping you with future successes. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Replied March 2020

Philip

Excellent way to go paperless

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Reasons for switching to eFileCabinet

I tried ProSeries and their DMS was simply not as good or robust. I had a prior bad experience with Ultra Tax File Cabinet when I left Thompson and wanted something independent of my tax software. I had a great DMS product called Arkworks but then they went out of business and got bought out.

Response from eFileCabinet

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Replied August 2019