• Pros

• "After installation the product is very easy to use and reliable. Customer service is great! They have a very quick response and have fixed any issues and answered all of our questions."

• "It was Easy to implement and users had no problems adapting to it."

• "Really easy to use; really easy to control the who has access/what can they see and do/(especially!) FOR HOW LONG. This is really easy to specify."

• Cons

• "The deployment was not that easy. It did take a bit of work and some back and forth with their team, but they were very helpful and quick at getting back to us."

• "FileCloud Drive for windows has limitations. Quick Edit function is great but I wish was not limited to one file. "

• "The permissions setup, while perfect once implemented, can be a little confusing."

Browse FileCloud Reviews

Brian from American Incorporated

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling, as the concept of hosting our own content really worked well for us. After a number of trials of competing products, FileCloud stood out as the best Active Directory integrated file sharing platform available. It's worked out VERY well for the last year, and we renewed for another year. Performance of the VM is great, and with as much storage as we feel like allocating is available at NO additional cost. Adding a user to FileCloud is a matter of adding the AD account to the FileCloud security group, what could be simpler? Outlook integration and the mobile apps work well, and the Windows client allows a drive letter assignment - no muss, no fuss. I needed a little help from support sorting out the SSL certificate, they were SUPER great to work with.

Pros

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Cons

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Synaman Enterprise didn't do AD integration as expected, really surprised. NextCloud seemed really nice for home use. I trialed FileCloud and bought it after a week, super pleased - getting our wildcard SSL installed was the only support I needed and it went well.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Annoying sales pitches, a weird political split in the company leadership, change in licensing, weird stability problems on Ubuntu LTS (which is ROCK solid for all other purposes), just basically was giving me a bad taste in my mouth. For the money it should be better.

Howard from Stateside APM

Why I chose FileCloud

We initially hosted FileCloud on our own server, but moved to FileCloud online about 18 moths ago. Like all software, it breaks occasionally. Unlike many, the support is fantastic, not only quick and responsive, but when they tell you how to fix the issue and you've no idea what the words mean, they'll just remote in and fix it for you. Overall, I can't fault FileCloud

Pros

White label. Different user types Integration in to Windows explorer.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of things here, I'll come back and change this if I think of any.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Because it did what we needed at a price we could afford and the support was there when we needed it. what's interesting is that the support people that helped set me up when I joined are the same ones that support me now. which must also say something

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

We couldn't share files or create users the way we needed to.

Sergio from Sergio Mannino Studio

Industry: Architecture & Planning

It has great potentials but it's not perfect

I would say just ok. We don't have an alternative nor the time to look for one. Dropbox was a much better system until it stopped working (and their customer service is totally unreliable)

Pros

I like the complexity of permissions and the possibility to seprate users and privileges

Cons

It takes too long to sync. Dropbox or Onedrive sync almost instantly, Filecloud takes several minutes and sometimes half hour. When working in a team these times are impossible. You start working on a file that has already been modified by someone else. This alone makes the software useless for certain types of work. It is so slow that we dropped it altogether and went back to vpn If you delete a file, sometimes the same one comes back with the same name (zero kb). This issue has been reported several times but never really fixed. It is much better with the latest versions but the problem is still there

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

It was the easiest to implement and was very promising

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

It was no longer supported on our system. We didn't even get a warning, it just stopped working overnight

Gilbert from Computer Software

Community version is very limited but does the job

The overall experience is good, although the install and configuration is clunky, for example you have in the FileCloud Panel (which you use only once) a list of the services and frameworks you need to launch. So without knowing anything if you click them in order from top to bottom, they are not going to work... You have to go to the Customer Portal, to the documentation area, to find that the correct order is not from top to bottom, but 3,1,4,2 (order from top to bottom but different installation order) to get it right, while they could have just ordered them in the correct launch order to begin with or add an easy setup with 1 button to get everything launched in one hit, and then have an advanced setting with more granular control... Another thing is this product is built on top of a previous product called TONIDO, which was their previous generation of clouded drive and storage... so a lot of configuration files still use the word Tonido around and it can get confusing some times. But since I got the $10 product

Pros

I liked that I was able to setup a "Google Drive" like experience in my home for my family and some of my work, that was easy to setup and offered everything I needed for 10 bucks /year which I can't really complain about...

Cons

The community version is limited in a lot of customization options, that when you think about it, sounds as overkill from their part. I can't modify the way it looks or feels or add my own logo because those features are behind the $4/month/user FileCloud Standard (which in my case I would have to play $24/month or $288/year to use pretty colors or a drawing from one of my kids as a logo... Another thing I dont like is how their licensing is tied to your domain, but they take it very literal so if your domain runs on port 1234, if you dont include mydomainname.com:1234 and the license is mydomainname.com then the license wont work...

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

most of them didnt work with Windows Server and this one did...

David from DB Tech

Exactly What I wanted

Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

Pros

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

Cons

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was MUCH easier to setup than Nextcloud was. I also noticed a lot of lag in Nextcloud that I haven't experienced in FileCloud.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

I like the setup process and overall user experience of FileCloud over the other services I've tried.

Matthew from MIS Solutions

FileCloud a secure and easy to use file storage solution

I personally use FileCloud at home (on prem) and also we use FileCloud for a number of our clients and feel that its the better solution compared to others on the market.

Pros

Layout and ease of use is my favorite aspect of FileCloud.

Cons

The change between limited and guest accounts in how they access data. It was a little confusing.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Security, ability to host in our own environment, ease of use.

Alexander from SWS Computersysteme AG

Filecloud

Very fine Normally it is working perfect, Updates make sometimes a few problems but instant solved by filecloud support

Pros

Very good support! Permission dann Sharing options Team Folders

Cons

Ressource consumption (Hardware) and sometimes updating make some problems

Enterprise Support Possible for Service Providers

Billy from MDT

The Best

Pros

I used FileCloud at my previous employer so I decided to bring it to MDT. It's changed the way we collaborate with vendors and clients. I wouldn't pick anything else!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I do not like about FC.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

We wanted our data housed internally within our DMZ and SendSafely was cloud based.

Joyce from Concrete Prefab Solutions

Very userfriendly

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has several businesses and can't always be here. We needed a solutions that is easy to use, fast and working without paswords, linking and all these things. It works perfectly!

Pros

It is very easy to use. It's fantastic that you can use this on all your mobile devices. it's time and money saving!

Cons

The integration was easy, and everything is just very friendly to use. We don't have anything bad to say about this software.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

This one works better and doesn't cause any problems with the other companies logging in. And it's just very fast!

Suraj from JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

Review by Suraj Verma at JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

It is very easy to use and understand. The installation process is very simple. Most users did not even need training on how to use the app!

Pros

The encrypted sharing features, and the very easy-to-use sync drive.

Cons

Maybe create encrypted email along with it, encrypted file sharing is great, but being able to send encrypted emails would be a great addition.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Everything is cloud based, very easy to use, and very reasonable pricing for small business.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Certain Safe license was expiring and we wanted a new solution.

Madalina from BOMBARDIER

All your data in one cloud

This product covers all basic needs for small teams or companies. They can make their data easily accessible for each employee, regardless of their location. As a result, you will get more agonized and dedicated team, as well, as a smooth workflow.

Pros

This platform has different plugins, which provides a decent level of customization. Also, you can integrate this software with different apps, so your work process, which can improve your work process drastically. Big plus is that you can access internal file server data from any place in the world, of course, if you have a high-quality internet connection. We use FileCloud on a daily basis, as it is a cloud based data sharing plus sync system. It allows coworkers to access and sync all essential data from any type of device. This software provides with all necessary features for successful work: file sharing, backup, sync or remote access.

Cons

Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information. Very often instead of fixing an issue, they blame users. FileCloud has an old school and non-intuitive interface, so you need to invest much energy to learn how the system works. Also, if you are Mac user, be prepared to face some issues, as this app doesn’t work well with iOS. Moreover, this product is actively being updated, with preventing this app from working for several hours, till a new update will be loaded.

William from TEN TECH LLC

Industry: Defense & Space

Does the job well

Up and running within minutes of purchasing a license, and fast.

Pros

Easy to deploy and offers an option of ITAR-compliance with GovCloud support

Cons

Pricing is a little steep and the minimum number of users if using GovCloud,

GovCloud support

GovCloud support

Chris from GoGoMeds

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

FileCloud Review

Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

Pros

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

Cons

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

Security and functionality.

Andre from BizNet Computer Integration Inc.

Use Internally and deployed for other clients

Once it is deployed, it functions very well. We have added DUO for 2FA. My only request is to have FileCloud send a DUO push instead of looking up the code on your phone and entering into FileCloud.

Pros

A critical feature was the ability to implement this with an existing NTFS data tree. No additional security tweaks needed as Windows NTFS was already taking care of that. Using LDAP to allow users and windows passwords makes management very easy to maintain.

Cons

Deployment was not clear as pre-install answers were not discovered until 1/2 through the manual and install. I ended up deploying this twice as information that would have proved useful before getting started were not available at the beginning.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

- DUO 2FA (Already using this product with Terminal Server Gateway Services, did have to do anything as all users were already setup. Very little work needed to setup on FileCloud. - Share files with users outside of network and set time limit of share - Create teams to collaborate with others

Chris from USC University Advancement

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

Pros

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

Cons

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Client compatibility and the eas of use of the web portal.

Michaël from Simac PSF

Better then free products

Pros

We had worked a lot with free solutions but, lot of times during usage we encountered bugs or errors; without a correct support it's unusable on production system. We don't like to use cloud to transfert data and we preferred having an on-premises version.

Cons

Support is really responsive! Functionalities are really helpful with our work!

Support of the product!

Good product - as long as your file type is supported

Pros

The online tools make this so much more powerful than what we were using before (DropBox). Loved all the reporting and ability to really tighten all the permissions to a very granular level.

Cons

We ended up having issue when we updated our accounting software to the current version. They assured us that in the future it would be updated but it would take a few months. They gave us a complete and full refund and were super helpful as we had to transition back to our prior service.

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

DropBox is awful and has issues with a company our size.

Gary from Information Technology & Services

Useful for archive

Useful for allowing access to common files.

Pros

Able to implement user level security on folders. Good viewing access on multiple devices. Easy to admin users. Able to Sync and also able to WebDav.

Cons

Sync software is dreadful, hogs CPU & bandwidth and uses an outdated file - delete - copy mechanism from the 90s. Be aware if you move a set of folders on the server, the replication then deletes the folders on the client then recopies. Really bad if it is a big folder. (you cant do a basic function for example, setup a new laptop for a user, swiftly copy a set of files that will be mirrored, then start the sync. It will either delete all these files and recopy the lot, or, if they are in different locations, it will recopy them back to the server causing frustrating duplication.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Others were expensive or limited in functionality. FC has a lot! But some can be difficult to use. I wish someone would invent a faster webdav type solution.

Jason from GMU

Still in the first year of using FileCloud.

We use FileCloud to extend our user's reach into our super computing environment so that they have access to their research from anywhere. It has been only about 6 months since we got it up and running but the overall experience has been pretty good so far. We are still working on transitioning all of our users over.

Pros

It was pretty easy to get up and running and their support staff is always quick to respond with any questions that I have.

Cons

The pricing structure isn't exactly the cheapest.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Consolidation and ease of authentication. We had 30 NextCloud servers, now we have 1 FileCloud server. FileCloud has better authentication options.

Craig from Lifematters

FileCloud is a reasonably priced storage solution

Our file storage is much more organized and cleaner now

Pros

Making our files available outside our network without a VPN made a sudden switch to remote work possible.

Cons

The FileCloud Drive client is slow. Sometimes corrupts PDF files

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Price was the best for all the features

Jean from Living Stones Group

Industry: Information Services

Amazing organized Solution

Pros

I liked the admin panel and how it is easy to manage teamfolders and personal folders for each team member. It helps everyone to keep organized in the team.

Cons

I'd like to have more collaboration tools integrated

Needed more enterprise solution

Omar from JamJam Books

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Great file sharing software

Pros

We needed to be able to host the software on premise. There was a lot of file sharing solutions out there but only 2 or three that allowed us to host it on our server. FileCloud was the one that was the closest to our budget.

Pricing

Harold from Smoot Construction

File Cloud review

Good

Pros

It was Easy to implement and users had no problems adapting to it.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes. It performed exactly as advertised

Price

Chris from Harvest Christian Fellowship

FileCloud is a must for Work From Home Data Access

It has been superb. Our users are very happy with the product to give them secure access to their data without the need for VPN and are also thrilled that they can email now large files as secured web access links that are password protected.

Pros

This software enabled our department to give our staff members the ability to access their file server data over HTTPS and not even need a VPN to get their data. In addition, the product comes with a drive mount client or a sync client to help users out who may have a slower internet connection from home. It basically enabled a DropBox like product internally for our company.

Cons

The Web UI sometimes has issues refreshing and a full refresh of the web page is needed depending on what browser you are using.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Lack of support on the Mac OS platform.

Heather from Navos

Amazing Software

Pros

Ease of use, easy to setup, ability to setup workflows so that it does not become a file repository.

Cons

I wish that this software had the ability to put limited users into groups for easier management of users and permissions on folders.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Removal of a feature that was heavily used

Naveen from BELL Racing

FileCloud - Your Own FileServer Over The Internet

I had no issues so far other than small implementation issues, this was fixed by the well-trained team immediately. The after sales support was too good. My account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was too good all these years.

Pros

The mapped drive share, user access limitation, backup, admin's control over the shares, custom pages / portals and ease of use.

Cons

Manual upgrade and occasionally missing files that uploaded from the cloud to mapped drive. Or some time we had issues of access rights over the files being created from the cloud.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Expensive but least features, no ability to share local mapped drives over the internet.

Jerry from Red Forensic

Pricey, but the solution to go to when you need granular control over access to documents

I used FileCloud on a project that necessitated the sharing of a large volume of data from several different custodians among a bevy of different attorneys. The litigation was complex and access to the various groups of documents had to be tailor-made for each attorney, depending on who s/he was representing. FileCloud was a little tedious to set up, but once it was done, it was golden.

Pros

The ability to exert granular access control over a sizable group of different document collections.

David from EthosData Limited

Very flexible and capable solution for enterprise file sharing

Overall it is been quite good with no much issues. And when we had, the support team is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

What we like the most of FileCloud software is the multiple customization options it has so we could adapt easily without too much compromises to our use case. Also the clean user experience and the number of features makes a very robust solution.

Cons

Not much but it would be great if FileCloud could enhance the user account setting up and login experience. Sometimes can bee too cumbersome.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Cost and easy of integration mainly. Features and customization options secondly.

Sinisa from Sberbank

File Cloud SB review

Its our business critica aplication for exchange documents with our partners.

Pros

File share and file access controll. We were able to utilize guest access.

Cons

You need some time to adopt file sharing access control, witch are similar to unix systems.

Chrichtian from Millennium Challenge Account Liberia

Industry: Government Relations

FileCloud will get louder in the cloud, IF aloud.

Overall, FileCloud has done exactly what is was procured for...

Pros

FileCloud gave us the ability to share and collaborate voluminous files without geographical restriction, and with us having to easily copy terabytes of data between the FileCloud server and internal network, however, across DMZ for best security practice. Your only limitation regard data size drop would be your FileServer host server. I see it owning a private cloud compute resource with the ability to scale out into a hybrid cloud infrastructure.

Cons

My comfort with permission management on hierarchical folder structuring has not found its way to FileCloud. Storage Repository cannot be browsed for the admin portal UI. Each folder (if needing distinguished role based access control) must be add separately for effectuate the permission. This can be a hassle for a highly nested folder structure with complex permission schema.

Bart from Acknowledge

easy of use and very good pricing.

very good. We looked at competitors but Filecloud has big advantages.

Pros

easy of use, easy to install. No need for complex endusertraining

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about the Filecloud solution.

pricing!

Denricka from DBT

The Best File Sharing solution for access anywhere

We implemented FileCloud to allow our users to safely share larges files internally and externally. While using it, we found additional features we didn't think we needed. It's a very beneficial addition to our organization.

Pros

I like that FileCloud is secure and very easy to use. Drives can be mapped to our machines for access without having to log into the portal and it also makes sharing files internally and externally a breeze. The user portal is very user friendly and the admin portal which is easy to use ensures the proper controls are in place.

Cons

Although drives can be mounted easily on windows machines, we had issues mounting on Macs without using additional tools.

Ghislain from ACTUALILS INFORMATIQUE

GREAT SOFTWARE SYNC & SHARE

We deploy this solution with ease, we save our customers time, they are at ease because the data is stored on their infrastructure.

Pros

A solution that has allowed us to meet the needs of several customers. Have a private cloud without blocking confidentiality, mobility and flexibility of access to data from anywhere.

Cons

I did not find any problem with this software because it evolves quickly, the developers do a crazy job

Nothing

Troy from Icon Structures, Inc.

Happy with FileCloud

Pros

I'm a General Contractor, it works great for housing our plans and specifications for bidding projects, it's easy to create a link to add to our RFP and you control how long that link is good.

Cons

I think the User Interface has gotten better over the last few years, it still has a few things about it that are just not very intuitive until you learn learn how you have to do something.

Jonathan from Jonathan P. LEVY

A perfect cloud for my small company server

Great experience, and I'm mastering my privacy.

Pros

The software is easy to use, overly simple to setup. I'm tech-savvy without being an engineer, just a usual geek, and it's been as simple to install as any software on my PC.

Cons

I didn't find a way to connect my network drives to the system using SMB file sharing. This is a bit technical and I'm pretty sure it's a solvable issue. It made little sense to me to have 3 kinds of users, being the "full access" "limited" and "guest" without further explanation at first, but I understood it by myself.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

A video by Techno Dad Life on Youtube.

Brian from TriMech

FileCloud on AWS GovCloud

So far we are happy with our experience as a company. I expect to expand on our use of the platform in 2021 and hope to add to the license as we grow.

Pros

The primary reason we engaged with FileCloud was because of it's ability to host and transfer ITAR and EAR compliant data. We soon realized their were many aspects of the tool that we beyond what we need and could grow into utilizing as our cloud based storage need grew as well. I look forward to expanding into some of its other capabilities down the line.

Cons

I don't have many complaints at this stage. One minor issue I did have, when engaging with Technical Support, although the support team member was very helpful, they were not able to access my vault and work with my specific set-up request, because of the ITAR restrictions. I believe they were located out of the USA or not a US citizen. I appreciated them being open and they were able to generally help me through the process so I was left out to dry by any means. Is there a ITAR/EAR tech support contact I should be reaching out to in those situations?

Tyler from VPT Power

Industry: Semiconductors

FileCloud does what it says

overall I enjoy the product.

Pros

FileCloud does what it says, makes file sharing and collaboration easy.

Cons

expensive for what it does, licensing it can be a pain and the license expires causing downtime sometimes randomly. example license will "expire" on Jan 30 2020 even though it runs until Jan 230 2021. support is quick to fix.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

ease of use, support, cost.

Raphael from Deutscher Landwirtschaftsverlag GmbH

If You Need Team Storage outside of the Microsoft Universe, thats the only Software that will work

So Far it works like a charm. Suddenly we couldnt add limited users that had our company domain any more. We fixed it by using another domain but that wasn't so user freindly.

Pros

Team based storage other than user-based storage. Other applications only have personal Storage that you can give access to as a user and owner of the files. Nobody else has team-storage that is not provided by a user.

Cons

The new Interface isn't that user firendly

Because of the Team-Storage

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

The other product was way to expensive and hat less features

Christopher from S&L Aerospace Metal

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Storage for NIST 800-171

Their support are quick to response and very helpful

Pros

ease of sharing and accessibility anywhere

Cons

Multi-Factor Authentication for external sharing, performance and security for desktop access/synchronization

Cliff from Lutz, Bobo & Telfair, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

Overall, my users and I have been very satisfied with FileCloud.

Pros

FileCloud was easy to deploy and has been easy to manage. Of the products tested, it's also been the fastest/most responsive for remote users.

Cons

So far, there hasn't been any negatives.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was faster than anything we tsted.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

We are Office 365 customers. Using Teams didn't cost anything extra. Our experience was that Teams is bloated and slow. It was worth the extra $$$ to switch to FileCloud.

Excellent product!

I can finally access my files using my smartphone at any place at any time without the use of a VPN tunnel and SMB like applications! Setting it up is very easy and straight forward. To configure SSL complete and clear documentation is provided by FileCloud. (Sales)Support is excellent, I don't have a creditcard. After sending an email using the form on the website support/sales quickly helped me to my full satisfaction to get this "problem" solved and made it possible to pay using PayPal.

Pros

Integration in on-premise fileserver and integration with the active directory. Access to your files from anywhere around the world without the hustle of the use of a vpn client.

Cons

Lack of 2FA support on the Community Edition.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

There are no other affordable products that offer the same functionalities as FileCloud Community Edition does. To me the integration with SMB fileshares is an absolute must. On top of that is the quality of the received support great, especially for a "cheap" customer who's only paying for the Community Edition

Russell from Sherr Technologies

FileCLoud

Pros

On-premises file services. Relatively simple to setup Link to existing NTFS data stores

Cons

Archaic UI (desperately needs updating) Configuration of SSL is unnecessarily fiddly Software has various bugs and issues with filenames/random file size issues

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

On-premises and link to existing NTFS setup

Mourad from iServ Solutions

The right product for our need

FileCloud was the right product to fulfil the need for data exchange with our customer, especially for the support purpose.

Pros

The ease of integration of FileCloud with our ERP.

Cons

To be honest, we found FileCloud a complete product.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Ease of integration what the key to make the decision.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

We cannot compare the two product. The old one wasn't integrated with our ERP, we had to use two product, our ERP and the ftp server at the same time.

Colin from Industrial Control Systems

Industry: Industrial Automation

FileCloud

Pros

Ease of use. We could leverage the software, but house on our internal servers. Setting up shares was a breeze.

Cons

I do not like how the file structure is encrypted on the server. This makes it challenging to move the database to another machine and find files without the UI.

5 star service and response to issues! By far, one of the best vendors I have worked with!

We get the benefit of utilizing different storage types from SAN storage to Network Attached storage. The ability to scale quickly and easily allows us to respond to the users quickly and efficiently while utilizing one of the most intuitive and easy-to-user administration interfaces I have ever used.

Pros

1. Top notch, responsive support 2. Ease of manageability 3. File Versioning 4. Office365 Online Collaboration (with Team Folders) 5. Granular controls

Cons

We have a lot of teams utilizing this tool, currently, there is no way to put a quota on the individual sub folders for teams, however I believe they are reviewing this issue.

Ted from Connected Technologies

Excellent On-prem File Hosting

Great alternative to cloud hosting for private data.

Pros

Easy set up Reliable Customizable Extensive option set DUO 2FA support External sharing capability

Cons

A remote connectivity analyzer would be helpful Codelathe portal is obscured by sales materials

Michael from SCI Systems GmbH

Good EFSS Solution for EU located users

Good and stable Product Good Support und Professional Service

Pros

Filesharing on the web Access files everywhere Version Control GDPR Ready

Cons

Deployment of the Software. Fulltextsearch could be better designed.

Kevin from Bahrain Petroleum Company

Industry: Oil & Energy

FileCloud is the ideal tool for ad-hoc and regular File Sharing requirements.

It has made our life incredibly easy, especially for people who were previously trying to share oversized documents and folders via email. And it's allowed us to block access to free File Sharing and Storage sites which are a huge security risk but are used by many companies for convience..

Pros

Cons

There is nothing I least like. It's all I most like.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Because it runs in AWS in the Bahrain region!

EROL from Renaissance Services

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good Value and Great for Sharing Files with Customers Securely

It has been well received by our company and everyone appears to like it.

Pros

Knowing who is doing what in the system (live audit logs).

Cons

The fact that 2FA eats up a license in my edition.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Again we really didn't check out other systems although at first glance, all of them were pretty expensive and looked difficult to deploy.

Theo from ubu

Best File Cloud Solution

Very happy with the product overall and within reasonable price.

Pros

Ability to share easily large files, best file backup solution

Cons

it could be more user friendly, i am happy with the rest