What are FileCloud users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FileCloud software through verified user reviews

• icon"All security concerns we had are satisfied by the solution and it also helps not having to maintain the infrastructure."
  • icon"I like that FileCloud is secure and very easy to use."
  • icon"Integration over an existing file management system is easy, and the growth that we can provide a customer to extend access to their file system outside their office is exciting."
  • icon"Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information."
  • icon"The FileCloud Drive software has had issues. Setting up authentication and importing users is a pain."
  • icon"Ressource consumption (Hardware) and sometimes updating make some problems."

Browse all FileCloud Reviews

• Have you used FileCloud and would like to share your experience with others?

Brian

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling, as the concept of hosting our own content really worked well for us. After a number of trials of competing products, FileCloud stood out as the best Active Directory integrated file sharing platform available. It's worked out VERY well for the last year, and we renewed for another year. Performance of the VM is great, and with as much storage as we feel like allocating is available at NO additional cost. Adding a user to FileCloud is a matter of adding the AD account to the FileCloud security group, what could be simpler? Outlook integration and the mobile apps work well, and the Windows client allows a drive letter assignment - no muss, no fuss. I needed a little help from support sorting out the SSL certificate, they were SUPER great to work with.

Pros

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Cons

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

Synaman Enterprise didn't do AD integration as expected, really surprised. NextCloud seemed really nice for home use. I trialed FileCloud and bought it after a week, super pleased - getting our wildcard SSL installed was the only support I needed and it went well.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

Annoying sales pitches, a weird political split in the company leadership, change in licensing, weird stability problems on Ubuntu LTS (which is ROCK solid for all other purposes), just basically was giving me a bad taste in my mouth. For the money it should be better.

Gilbert

Community version is very limited but does the job

The overall experience is good, although the install and configuration is clunky, for example you have in the FileCloud Panel (which you use only once) a list of the services and frameworks you need to launch. So without knowing anything if you click them in order from top to bottom, they are not going to work... You have to go to the Customer Portal, to the documentation area, to find that the correct order is not from top to bottom, but 3,1,4,2 (order from top to bottom but different installation order) to get it right, while they could have just ordered them in the correct launch order to begin with or add an easy setup with 1 button to get everything launched in one hit, and then have an advanced setting with more granular control... Another thing is this product is built on top of a previous product called TONIDO, which was their previous generation of clouded drive and storage... so a lot of configuration files still use the word Tonido around and it can get confusing some times. But since I got the $10 product

Pros

I liked that I was able to setup a "Google Drive" like experience in my home for my family and some of my work, that was easy to setup and offered everything I needed for 10 bucks /year which I can't really complain about...

Cons

The community version is limited in a lot of customization options, that when you think about it, sounds as overkill from their part. I can't modify the way it looks or feels or add my own logo because those features are behind the $4/month/user FileCloud Standard (which in my case I would have to play $24/month or $288/year to use pretty colors or a drawing from one of my kids as a logo... Another thing I dont like is how their licensing is tied to your domain, but they take it very literal so if your domain runs on port 1234, if you dont include mydomainname.com:1234 and the license is mydomainname.com then the license wont work...

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

most of them didnt work with Windows Server and this one did...

Sergio

Industry: Architecture & Planning

It has great potentials but it's not perfect

I would say just ok. We don't have an alternative nor the time to look for one. Dropbox was a much better system until it stopped working (and their customer service is totally unreliable)

Pros

I like the complexity of permissions and the possibility to seprate users and privileges

Cons

It takes too long to sync. Dropbox or Onedrive sync almost instantly, Filecloud takes several minutes and sometimes half hour. When working in a team these times are impossible. You start working on a file that has already been modified by someone else. This alone makes the software useless for certain types of work. It is so slow that we dropped it altogether and went back to vpn If you delete a file, sometimes the same one comes back with the same name (zero kb). This issue has been reported several times but never really fixed. It is much better with the latest versions but the problem is still there

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

It was the easiest to implement and was very promising

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

It was no longer supported on our system. We didn't even get a warning, it just stopped working overnight

Dustin

May 2022

FileCloud a great alternative for SharePoint for clients that can't or won't move

The sales team and support team (when needed) have been professional and incredibly quick.

Pros

Integration with Office 365 applications and the ability to inherit the current NTFS permissions implemented with Active Directory integration makes this much easier to transition

Cons

The only con I have is also a pro; but its that some of our clients still have or need on-premises servers. FileCloud allows for these clients to benefit from the features that SharePoint brings though, without the on-premises licensing costs and management overhead.

On-premises requirements and Active Directory and NTFS integration

Industry: Industrial Automation

The best On-Premises Enterprise File Sharing and Sync solution

We had a requirement to have an on premise solution for an enterprise file sharing and sync program. From the onset of discovering Filecloud, the experience has been great. We were able to do a couple of demo's with their technical team via webinars. Once we decided to proceed to the next step, we were able to download a fully functional version and had help to get it setup exactly how we needed it with a nice long trial period. Technical support was available whenever we needed it, but most of the time it was not needed because of their fantastic knowledge base of articles that are complete with pictures at every step and every detail of the product. We have been using the product since version 18, and every full release brings new features and speed. Most of these are customer driven via their community page. It's great to have a company listen to their customers and then give them exactly what they asked for.

Pros

The ease of use of the product is one of its greatest pro's. The webpage and mobile phone apps are nearly identical and incredibly easy to use. Intuitive is a word used a little too much, but it describes FileCloud perfectly. Our Employees were able to adapt from a different product with minimal training. As products like this are normally used to share large files, too big for email, FileCloud knocks it out of the park with their Outlook Add-In, putting access to user's files exactly where they need it. The sync app provides further OS integration as it is integrated into File Explorer on a PC or the Finder on MacOS allowing users to use their FileCloud files, wherever they are, no matter what level of connectivity they have. The fact that the solution is on our servers, behind our security allows us to fully control our data.

Cons

We maintain this solution on premise so it would be nice if FileCloud could add data deduplication to help us save some storage.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

It was a combination of price and features. Filecloud was the only product that had a user friendly gui, mobile app support and and was available as an on premise solution. Combine that with a very reasonable price point

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

Druva migrated to a cloud only solution that was not approved by our security requirements.

Howard

Why I chose FileCloud

We initially hosted FileCloud on our own server, but moved to FileCloud online about 18 moths ago. Like all software, it breaks occasionally. Unlike many, the support is fantastic, not only quick and responsive, but when they tell you how to fix the issue and you've no idea what the words mean, they'll just remote in and fix it for you. Overall, I can't fault FileCloud

Pros

White label. Different user types Integration in to Windows explorer.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of things here, I'll come back and change this if I think of any.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

Because it did what we needed at a price we could afford and the support was there when we needed it. what's interesting is that the support people that helped set me up when I joined are the same ones that support me now. which must also say something

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

We couldn't share files or create users the way we needed to.

Peter

Great cloud solution without giving up control.

Pros

I love that our files stay on our server, yet we are able to get the full functionality of cloud computing in a fairly simple setup. It works great across all the devices and platforms that we have; if I need to, I can pull up any file I want on my phone, tablet, or laptop without having to be on a specific network. And not only can I access the files, I can edit them on the fly and my colleagues see the changes almost instantly.

Cons

I would love to see an integrated way to securely send passwords to shared links.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

FileCloud let's use keep control of our files on our server and host our own cloud...problem solved.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

With OneDrive we had to give up control of our files and put them in MS's cloud...it was nerve wracking to know our whole business was out there.

Kurt

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy option for FTP

FileCloud serves all of our FTP needs with ease. Easy to setup, great support to get you started. Haven't had to contact support since.

Pros

Drag and drop works without a hitch, sharing files is easy, accounts and passwords are a snap.

Cons

What I liked least is one of the things I like best. The fact that it's web-based was great for me! Having to explain this to some of our internal users was what I liked least. :D

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

FileCloud has an easier option for Terms of Service and was able to keep a nice audit trail.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

We wanted to get rid of an old physical server that we were using for our FTP needs.

Good product - as long as your file type is supported

Pros

The online tools make this so much more powerful than what we were using before (DropBox). Loved all the reporting and ability to really tighten all the permissions to a very granular level.

Cons

We ended up having issue when we updated our accounting software to the current version. They assured us that in the future it would be updated but it would take a few months. They gave us a complete and full refund and were super helpful as we had to transition back to our prior service.

Cost.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

DropBox is awful and has issues with a company our size.

August 2022

Easily accessible

I love that I can share files with my employers.

Pros

You can share files with other employees. Easily organized, and just what I needed.

Cons

I think it's good just the way it is. It's versatile and easy to manage.

Most complete onboarding I've ever experienced

Overall, I have to let the team speak for themselves and.... I have heard nary a peep of discontent. That speaks volumes about the product and the customer support team.

Pros

Cloud based storage systems are common. ITAR compliant solutions at this price point.. not so much. A critical decision element was the onboarding process. FileCloud isn't limited to organizations with big IT staff. The onboarding sessions got us up to the level of compliance we needed quickly. Training for the full team was also incredibly helpful. All included in the base price (No hiring consultants to "optimize" your setup.) The ability to have "Limited Access" users is a key benefit keeping costs down. Only key team members need full access.

Cons

Not being an IT professional, some aspects of the setup were confusing. Once I realized I didn't;t need to use all the capabilities to meet the compliance requirements we have, I relaxed. The Smart ID is col, but totally not necessary the way we're using the product. One thing that I wished had been available, though it may be and I just didn't find it, was a set of scenarios specifically around our use case.... sharing restricted info. Basically... If you need to share a single document without active interaction, do this... If you want someone to be able to work on a document that many people can access, do this...There are always multiple ways to accomplish something (directly sharing a file, giving someone Limited Access to a folder, etc). It was hard to choose between them at times and I inadvertently gave someone more access than they needed (not the they weren't entitled to it but a simple file share would have been fine).

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was the easiest (from my research) when it came to full ITA compliance. Taking care of the AWS Gov hitting, etc. was exactly what I needed. Also, the FileCloud team (Sales, Customer Experience, etc.) was great. We needed to be up and running right away and were the day onboarding happened!

FileCloud, best secure file access/sharing.

Extremely good. Very surprised how easy it is to use and setup, and how responsive they are. When the office closed down last year, the software was already in place and made the transition of working from home seamless.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup, very easy UI for both Admin and User. Support is very quick and good!

Cons

The company is very responsive, and over the years we have been using the software, they have always addressed shortcomings quickly, with in 2 releases. Currently the only pain point is the global cleaning up of user's shares... the controls are in each user's account space, so as Admin I would have to log in as that user to do the cleaning the user's avoid.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

The Biscom product was difficult to use for the administrator, and near impossible to use for the users.

Madalina

All your data in one cloud

This product covers all basic needs for small teams or companies. They can make their data easily accessible for each employee, regardless of their location. As a result, you will get more agonized and dedicated team, as well, as a smooth workflow.

Pros

This platform has different plugins, which provides a decent level of customization. Also, you can integrate this software with different apps, so your work process, which can improve your work process drastically. Big plus is that you can access internal file server data from any place in the world, of course, if you have a high-quality internet connection. We use FileCloud on a daily basis, as it is a cloud based data sharing plus sync system. It allows coworkers to access and sync all essential data from any type of device. This software provides with all necessary features for successful work: file sharing, backup, sync or remote access.

Cons

Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information. Very often instead of fixing an issue, they blame users. FileCloud has an old school and non-intuitive interface, so you need to invest much energy to learn how the system works. Also, if you are Mac user, be prepared to face some issues, as this app doesn’t work well with iOS. Moreover, this product is actively being updated, with preventing this app from working for several hours, till a new update will be loaded.

Brian

FileCloud Review by AIS

We love it and use it every day. I've sold to several customers as well and the #1 hurdle I have is the licensing. Many of our clients are smaller office and we need a licensing model that fits smaller offices.

Pros

Integration over an existing file management system is easy, and the growth that we can provide a customer to extend access to their file system outside their office is exciting. The ability to provide a managed system that provides our customers/users to share large files/folders, provide collaboration solutions, and secure access to their own company shares has proven invaluable.

Cons

The updates require a lot of work. There's an "update" function within the control panel but it doesn't work for any of the latest updates that I've had to manage. If a feature or function exists, it should work. The downloading of the files, packaging them, then installing is routine - easy to automate, and should easily be incorporated in to a simple button in the control panel that manages that update. We'd also like to see more database utilities to purge, backup, compress and clean up database files.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

FileCloud rests on customer equipment, on top of their existing environment, making adaptation simple

William

Industry: Defense & Space

Does the job well

Up and running within minutes of purchasing a license, and fast.

Pros

Easy to deploy and offers an option of ITAR-compliance with GovCloud support

Cons

Pricing is a little steep and the minimum number of users if using GovCloud,

Dropbox Business

GovCloud support

GovCloud support

Suresh

Industry: Research

FileCloud in an academic environment

It has been a bit of a rough ride. We had some difficulty getting everything working on our servers. It has required many calls to the Technical support to get the installation right. I think in the initial stages, it would be best if the FileCloud team shepherds the installation to avoid small errors (such as some packages missing etc.). Usually the IT team of the host institutions does not have the skill and familiarity with the FileCloud installation to spot something amiss.

Pros

In academic environments there is not much hierarchy in the organisation and nor is there a strict command structure. The need of the day is to be able to easily store, retrieve and share documents among a large indisciplined bunch of people. Most of the stored information is poorly documented and tagged. Yet, when running large scientific projects there are Commercial and Administrative documents which require hierarchical access controls and cannot be stored on public servers like Google or Apple drives. FileCloud permits us to customise access control for this particular environment. The interfaces with popular editing environments such as Libre Office and simultaneous online editing features are important for us. It is also quite critical that we have the software on our own servers as this is often a requirement on government supported institutions.

Cons

It is a but clunky and non-intuitive. The initial users are a bit put off by the steep learning curve that is required to use the tool. The number of options and switches are daunting. We are as yet at the beginning stages of this use. It remains to be seen how this proceeds and becomes an integral part of our organisation. And we are cash strapped, so keeping the subscription prices low would be a definite plus. If the per user per year price goes up we would be hard pressed to continue.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

1) Keeping recurrent costs low with users added as required. 2) Meeting our requirements of (a) version control (b) sharing with non-users (c) simultaneous online file editing 3) On campus standalone server to host FileCloud service. 4) References from other Govt agencies and banks which require high security and high volume of data.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

FileCloud Review

Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

Pros

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

Cons

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

Dropbox Business

Security and functionality.

Exactly What I wanted

Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

Pros

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

Cons

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was MUCH easier to setup than Nextcloud was. I also noticed a lot of lag in Nextcloud that I haven't experienced in FileCloud.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

I like the setup process and overall user experience of FileCloud over the other services I've tried.

Almir

FileCloud File Sharing Solution

Very good! The customer support related topics are being handled within a day and the software is running stable. Release of updates / patches is also on a regular basis, so the software is being taken care of from the developers.

Pros

We were in search for a possiblity to provide our customers a simple, yet secure file sharing solution. After trying different competitors (OwnCloud, GoodSync etc.) we stuck with FileCloud since it is delivering a good Webportal and the possiblity to provide the customer with the necessary admin-roles.

Cons

Initially we tried to use the real-time sync, but as the description suggested back then it was implemented in a beta-phase with a max recommended item count to 100k items, which was to small for us. But we still found a solution using the webinterface, which is currently meeting the needs of our customers.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

Based on the simple pricing infrastructure, as well as the possibility to implement it as SaaS made us choose FileCloud;

Missing functionalities, Unstable operations

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

Pros

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

Cons

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

Client compatibility and the eas of use of the web portal.

Marek

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great product a a moderate cost

We did not have to writhe the software ourselves. FileCloud came at just the right cost and set of features.

Pros

It is important to us to run the file exchange on premises. This product checks all the important checkboxes.

Cons

Nothing of significance so far. Frequent updates - I guess this is actually a benefit but it takes administrative resources.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

As mentioned above, we needed a solution that runs on our servers.

Michaël

Better then free products

Pros

We had worked a lot with free solutions but, lot of times during usage we encountered bugs or errors; without a correct support it's unusable on production system. We don't like to use cloud to transfert data and we preferred having an on-premises version.

Cons

Support is really responsive! Functionalities are really helpful with our work!

Support of the product!

Matthew

FileCloud a secure and easy to use file storage solution

I personally use FileCloud at home (on prem) and also we use FileCloud for a number of our clients and feel that its the better solution compared to others on the market.

Pros

Layout and ease of use is my favorite aspect of FileCloud.

Cons

The change between limited and guest accounts in how they access data. It was a little confusing.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

Security, ability to host in our own environment, ease of use.

Good option for self hosted cloud file sharing solution

File cloud allows us to implement a secure file sharing HIPAA approved solution for our medical clients.

Pros

I like the fact that we control the servers and the data.

Cons

I find the performance can be improved upon, especially regarding file upload, and regarding performance of large file operations such as copy move, etc.

Reasons for switching to FileCloud

We can host the server and data and ease of use.

Hasso

Top choice to integrate existing on prem files shares and much more

Right product for the job. Very good cost/benefit ratio compared to many other enterprise level competitors.

Pros

Offers support for existing on premise file shares w/o sacrificing any cloud only features. Allows for an access layer on top of existing file share infrastructure like MS file server cluster.

Cons

The terminology used is not always self explaining. Use cases are not as clear cut as one would hope, but the functionality is there.

Reasons for choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was one of just a few products with full support for existing file shares w/o the need to replicate the physical data and the ability to incorporate existing NTFS permissions and SSO authenticate existing AD users, i.e. no need to recreate/signup users (SSO) and no need to reapply and maintain a second set of permissions.

FileCloud