All Google Drive Reviews

Must Get !

Jonathan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

PROS

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

CONS

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.

Geramy

Photography, 1 employee

Decent Cloud Storage

My experience with Google Drive hasn't been poor... I've jsut found other services that I prefer (and so do my clients).

PROS

Fairly easy to use, easily sharable links for others

CONS

Must be part of the Google sphere to use it, expensive compared to other options, and not super simple for others to use if they are not already part of Google Drive.

SARA

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great for File Sharing and File Loss Protection

The overall ease of access and sharing on Google Drive makes work easier. Files are protected, easy to organize, and easy to access. Having essential media files backed up in case of a computer crash is paramount to the protection of hours of work as a musician. Losing hours of work is devastating and attempting to recreate the material from scratch is extremely difficult. Every musician knows it is essential to back up your files!

PROS

Google Drive is a service that gives you a large amount of free space (15 gigabits) and additional storage for a monthly fee. As a musician, I upload files onto Google drive to share to my bandmates and anyone in the world. Beings that media files are typically large, the benefit of a large amount of storage for a small fee is a great value. This service also gives me peace of mind that my files will stay safe in the event of a computer crash (files stay on the cloud). I can share access to my Google Drive so the rest of my band can access entire folders of files.

CONS

The compression of the files can lower the quality of the media.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

The size of the Dropbox Mobile app was impeding on the overall functionality of the operating system on my smartphone, and did not offer the ability to move to SD card or alternative storage. Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.

Vanessa

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

The best around

It solves all my storage issues, allows me to have all my files secured in backup, and it is not expensive. At the same time, it is hard to manage but this is not very important for me because for me it's mainly a backup tool.

PROS

For starters, it is solid and it offers the best relation between money and storage. It is very easy to set up.

CONS

The interface is hard for me to use, it takes me a lot of time to find old files and I get all sorts of trash that others have shared with me mixed with my files. I have a hard time filtering those out to find my stuff and manage it.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Price. But mostly because I don't like Apple products.

Maria

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Perfect tool to work with a team

That's good. It's a software that once you star using It, you wont be able to change to another one.

PROS

Google Drive is really helpful to work with a team and obiously for prople Who work on remote. Easy to use and with collaboration tools that make It a good remote Office.

CONS

Supoort team. If you have any issue... Keep waiting and waiting. I dont understand this since the price is algo high.

Manuellyna

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Recomendo o Google drive para uso pessoal e profissional

With Google Drive I have my work organized in folders in the cloud, I have access on all my mobile devices in a safe and practical way, saving work time. I recommend it for personal and professional use.

PROS

Always having my work material organized in the cloud and always at hand on my mobile devices is very practical. With Google Drive I can quickly access my documents, share them, and all this anywhere, safely. Recommended for personal and professional use.

CONS

So far I haven't had any negative situations when using Google Drive, in general it has only helped me in my work.

1,001-5,000 employees

GOOGLE DRIVE REVIEW AFTER 5+ YEARS OF USES

Amazing tool ,globally accessed and accepted. Very easy to use GUI. I am very happy with the toll and for sure will suggest everyone to use it.

PROS

1.Exceptionally awesome tool for managing your important documents at a central repository. 2. Basic version is free of cost and all user can use it. 3. Very user friendly graphical user interface.

CONS

1. Basic version has a limitation of 15 GB of data storage. 2. Data storage limit of free version should be more as now a days the photos and documents carry higher size.

Kat

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great for large companies needing access from different locations

PROS

Very easy to access files from different locations as well as upload any files you are working on for others to access. Very user friendly so all employees can access. Great to also allow access to some or all of the drives depending on the employees role and what the require to complete their tasks.

CONS

Nothing to complain about, very user friendly and great cloud type software.

Angela

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Gdrive review

PROS

Convenient use in securing and compiling files, option for color-coded folders in sorting according to subjects, and up-to-date functional key features.

CONS

There are times that some files are automatically duplicated or moved from one folder to another, most especially in shared files/access cases.

Marcy

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Seamless Solution

Google Drive has simplified my file management process and significantly improved collaboration. Whether for personal use or teamwork, it's a reliable and efficient solution that I highly recommend.

PROS

Mobile access, no max storage, file sharing and permissions

CONS

sometimes it can be diffcult to find a document if you don't know where you saved it.

Keith

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Cloud Storage for all your Data Needs

Google Drive is fast, easy to use and very robust as it acts like another DRIVE on your computer (if you install the software) and is easily accessible from just about any device, mobile included. Overall, if you are looking for a cloud based solution, Google Drive is literally at the top of the group here!

PROS

Google Drive is a great cloud based storage solution. It allows businesses and students to utilize safe, fast and user friendly storage that's quicker and simpler than USB thumb drives. This solution can be used from a phone, laptop, Chromebook or PC and is super easy to pop open, save files, copy files and move files to and from Google Drive using your various devices. If you pay for use, Google Drive opens up to being one of the best and most useful software/cloud based storage solutions ever made.

CONS

The free tier of the software/cloud solution is severely limited in every way possible. It's more of a preview of what you can do with Google Drive. That's not much of a complaint considering most people looking for a cloud based solution are also likely willing to pay for it.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Most of my colleagues use it, and it's price was just right!

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google was cheaper, faster, and more of my colleagues use it.

Lindsie

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Google Drive is an essential business tool

Drive is an essential tool for me in my business and personal life. I trust that everything I do is backed up and it makes it very easy to find what I need at any time from anywhere. I also don't have to bring my work laptop home with me because I can access my documents from my personal computer. This means I don't have to worry about forgetting my gear at home and being dead in the water at work. I also use drive to make company wide accessible folder for policies ,procedures, surveys, newsletters, etc so people can find what they need without having to print things out and waste paper and things can be updated instantly accross the whole company.

PROS

I can access all of my files where ever I am. I can easily sign in from any computer or phone, and since drive syncs with folders already existing on my devices, I don't need to move anything around or change my file set up to get it to back up appropriately. It had a decent amount of free space with it and makes it easy to change between accounts (personal and work) so I can find what I need. It syncs with a variety of other frequently used software, such as the rest of the google suite, slack etc. and has lots of options for sharing or hiding access to files.

CONS

I don't like that I can't have my files / folders sorted differently. The sorting method I choose gets applied to the entire contents of my drive, so I can't have my folders sorted alphabetically but the contents sorted by date simultaneously. I also struggle to find a way to organize the files and folders shared with me more appropriately. Mostly, everything is just dumped in one 'shared with me' section and it can be annoying to find something. I also wish i could customize notifications on a document by document basis (when others edit it) instead of a general 'notify me or not' for all documents.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

We were already using Gsuite for our email client, so Drive was a no brainer, as they functional together fairly seamlessly. We also recently upgraded our package so we could have unlimited drive storage, which is a huge bonus for us because we back up emails of terminated employees for their entire work history, and those files can get very large. Drive also allows us to keep these files private, and only share them with specific individuals and remove or add access easily.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

The last time I used drop box, I had to download a separate program to sync all the folders I wanted backed up, or move everything TO the drop box folder, which would have messed up a lot of my other organizational systems. Drive had the ability for me to 'tag' a folder and it would just mirror a copy in the drive. Perfect! No additional cumbersome software running in the background. Drive also was more compatible with the google suite and gmail systems that we were using.

Dennis

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Lifesaver

Very positive - everyone in the organization has adopted it. It is very easy to implement if you are a Gmail centered business.

PROS

We used to keep a shared drive at each of our locations and ask staff to back up critical file to shared drive. Now we use Drive and it really works well for our organization. We have established shared drives for departments regardless of location and individuals can securely store their docs.

CONS

I am not really sure it is an issue with the software however I wish I could map drives without eating up hard drive space. This may be available however the last time I tried it I ended up with a very full hard drive.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

The peace of mind knowing that our documents were in the Google cloud secured by permission level access.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

We are already using GSuite so it just made more sense.

Benjamin

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great for documents, but nothing more

If you're in the creative industry and have team members that work on projects through collaboration, this is not your software. If you have an admin that needs access to documents and needing to keep track of things in a spreadsheet and possibly have the occasional powerpoint presentation, this will be enough for you—especially for the price

PROS

create, editing, and storing documents, google drive is wonderful. I'm able to create templates that can be accessed on multiple devices from multiple users at almost any time i need them. this has completely replaced the microsoft office suite that i've been using for years.

CONS

file storage, collaboration, management, and sharing is subpar to say the least. nowadays with files getting larger and larger—especially in the creative industry with photos, videos, and graphics—the storage is not nearly enough, even on the highest tier plan.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

I couldn't afford to buy licenses for all of my employees and not being able to collaborate with clients at the same time. most people nowadays have a google drive instead of microsoft since one is practically free while the other is not

Joas Andrito

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Is Google Drive a better choice for Cloud storage

the experience is indescribable but if I'm to put into words it's "worth trying" try it out and you won't regret

PROS

before you even signup for any Google Drive plan you will get a free 15GB storage lasting for a lifetime, but also it's easy to use with a very friendly user interinterface

CONS

you need to be cautious though Google tries its best to make Google Drive secure but you should know that, it's not 100% secure from hacks but follow security guidelines in order to minimize the risks to be hacked

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Because of its pricing plans, but as well as more other options such as the ability to instantly store or save your Google Docs, Google sheets and lastly on top of that Google Drive gives to all its users 15GB for free which believe me i would it is rarely seen elsewhere.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Dropbox's pricing is just insane for me it wasn't a convenient option, but also in order for you to integrate other products such as Google form which is a very essential web app that are frequently use, you will need a third-party app such Zapier, and that's a "NO" for me

Salil

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Like most Google products...

We use Drive for all collaboration and for a lot of content creation. We create policy documents, collaborate on ideas, create tests and forms, and generally use the heck out of Google Drive and its related applications (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides, etc). The Google business app ecosystem is incredibly powerful and user-friendly. It just works. It always works. It works so well you take it for granted. It works on desktop, it works on mobile. It works even better on ChromeOS. Google Sign-In is perhaps the greatest security boon for administration, too. If you disable one account, all related functionality that relies on Google Sign-In is also disabled for that user, so multiple platforms can be administered from one console / user login. If an employee leaves, you just disable their account and all their logins to all the applications that use Google Sign-In are also disabled. The permissions system is also good and getting better. It's very intuitive and works like it's supposed to. We've been using Google Apps for Enterprise for 10 years now, and have never regretted it.

PROS

It's easy to use, it's generous storage, and it allows you to forego up front licensing models of competitors like Microsoft Office in favor of a subscription "pay for what you use" model. We use Drive as a part of Google Apps for Enterprise, and I don't think you can diassociate those applications from Drive; they're bundled together. You either get all of them or none of them, basically, which is a plus or a minus, depending on your perspective. Also, it's a bit weird to review just Drive without taking those other things into consideration, but I'll try. Easily the most stable software platform we've ever subscribed to.

CONS

Customer support is always Google's weakest point. The company is congenitally against allowing customers to talk directly to support representatives, although it's definitely getting better about it lately. Access is entirely dependend on internet access. If Comcast or Verizon lets you down, uh...you're kind of hosed.

Reviewed September 2018

Google Drive for G Suite - Pros easily outweigh the cons.

Our company shares a lot of files and folders within the company as well as outside our organization with customers. Google Drive has been a simple solution to keep everyone on the same page with shared files/folders and gives us the option to temporarily share files with clients using the permission expiration features. We love that it keeps everything in one place but is easily accessible from just about anywhere.

PROS

- Ease of use: it doesn't get easier than Google Drive. We use Google Drive with our business G Suite account, the ease of use makes onboarding new employees quick and simple which means less wasted time for management. - Accessibility: Access from ANYWHERE. Instant upload and instant availability means accessing files on the go is simple and fast. - File sharing: Add an email address and you're good to go. Easily set permissions for what that person is able to do (view only, edit, organize, share, etc.) and change those permissions just as quickly if need be. - File sharing expiration: We love this feature. We share images with our clients and give them a time frame to have the option to download or save their files. You can customize that time frame for any length of time. After that window of time is up, the link automatically stops sharing. No setting reminders or deleting share permissions. - Commenting on files: Just found this little gem and it's amazing. We have a lot of shared files and folders, you can easily comment or make notes on both. This is very helpful if the folder is missing something or a file needs annotating but you don't want to markup the actual file.

CONS

- File "corruption": Occasionally one of our shared files will be opened on a PC and someone else will open it on a Mac and for some reason that doesn't always go smoothly on the back end. The next time you open the file it sometimes says it's corrupted. Luckily, (a "pro") Google Drive automatically saves "versions" so you can fairly easily restore an earlier version before the file was corrupted and typically you don't lose any changes or information. Mostly just an inconvenience. - Commenting on files: While this is a huge "pro", the only downside is that the comments are not timestamped or dated so it's hard to keep a string of comments or notes going to show updates or changes.

Frank