(16,116)

16,116

(4,008)

4,008

• Pros

• "The storage space is fantastic and the playback quality is flawless"

• "I love this software and will use it for forever! It truly is easy for anyone to use and is very convenient."

• "Love the ability to keep all my files in the cloud and access them from any device, anywhere. Drive is very easy to use too. "

• Cons

• "It can be difficult to find what files are taking up your storage quota. The web UI is pretty but has been much slower in my daily use. It's improving but still laggy from time to time"

• "I love it, nothing to add here. The app could be a little better organized "

• "Could have a better interface, but it does its job well."

Browse Google Drive Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 20568 results

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Documents Safe-Haven

After losing A LOT of important files a few years ago when my hard drive crashed, I was looking around for software that would be the best 'back up' option. After trialing Drive I was so impressed that I even upgraded my storage option and have loved it since.

Pros

Whether it's music, videos, images or documents they can all be stored Drive. Files can be separated into folders so it's really easy to organise and keep track of everything. Drive syncs across all my devices, so I have access to important information whether using my mobile, tablet or PC.

Cons

When you download multiple things at a time it automatically downloads them into a 'zip' folder, which is an additional cost to use software to 'unzip'. VERY frustrating! You have to double-check when you've uploaded multiple things at a time that it all really did upload - sometimes files are missed. It's better to upload smaller quantities of files at a time, which is annoying and time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Purely the storage availability, price point and compatibility with other Google apps.

Google Drive is Amazing for Collaboration

Very positive. I would highly recommend using Drive to any graphic designer.

Pros

When working with clients, I love to keep a Google drive going so that we can upload our ideas, inspiration and deliverables. Especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic, this has been especially useful for remotely working.

Cons

I don’t have too many complaints. Sometimes there’s a bit of back and forth to give permissions for people to view the files outside of the company— but honestly not to hard.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The connection to gmail is a huge plus. Also the collaborative properties of google docs hand in hand with google drive is great for my workflow!

Kiersten from Debt Buyer Network, LLC.

Industry: Investment Management

Uploads, deleting, and transfers are cumbersome.

Daily benefits, it is just that one day to the next I am not sure what I am going to receive and how fast.

Pros

Access and the fact that it is free is wonderful, however like most Google apps it is not a polished product.

Cons

The processes of uploading (automatically), deleting, scrolling, and downloading are tedious as they have to be done by checking each file. Deleting is done by batch but be careful because after you have checked many it takes a while to actually delete and you may get an error and have to redo it over and over. Downloading is ridiculous I have not found any other way to download a file other than one (1) at a time, which would take me literally days. Scrolling is through files is like looking at a dial up page. For those who do not know what a dial up is... imagine a line by line upload..... it is enough to make the most patient person impatient. Finally uploading is sporadic at best no consistency in Drive whatsoever. Like Dropbox there is no add-ons when it comes to sound so what you get is all you get. I am not sure how hard it is to add-on functionable services, but if your able to upload video and or sound files how about thinking just a bit farther and realize that sound is very intricate and different for everyone. Some people have hearing issues some people don't.... It is not rocket science, or maybe it is... In closing, it seems to me that Google is an amazing company that is a MEGA innovator. I don't believe the internet and all of our media and access to everything on the internet would have happened without Google they have kept their promise of no ads to date. I would like to see GOOGLE finish an app, and I mean completely they have the staff and resources.

Sebastian from Loyola Marymount University

Google Drive - Sebastian Van Hemert

My overall experience with Drive is quite pleasent. As expressed earlier, there are much more pros than cons when it comes to this service. All I wish it could improve upon is its speed for viewing photos and if the algorithm could do some sorting on its own instead of just clumping everything togethed. All in all, I am satisfied and I would recommend. I have now recommended Drive to my mother, uncle, and girlfriend and they seem to like it as well.

Pros

I enjoy Google Drive's wide spectrum of file types that can be uploaded to its cloud. I am able to upload files ranging from photos, videos, presentations, songs, and PDF's all the way to entire databases, movies, and other compressed data. Then, I am also a fan of its compatibility with other members of the Google Suite–such as Docs, Slides, and Sheets–that Drive serves as a central hub for. The fact that Drive is free is another bonus, which is particularly helpful to students like me because most of my assignments are stored in Drive with my student email. Whereas, I have personal data on Google Drive through my personal email. I like to keep my data organized so I am glad Drive offers files to be stored in different folders. Lastly, one of Drive's most remarkable features is that it can be accessed anywhere by using its mobile application.

Cons

I sometimes find myself struggling with Drive's speed, especially when accessing my photos. I used to store most of my pictures on iCloud but Apple forces customers to pay after a certain GB limit. Drive, on the other hand, offers more space than Apple does and for free. The only problem is that it can be extremely slow at times no matter how fast your internet is. I once uploaded all the pictures from my PC on to Drive to create space on my hard drive, but now when I want to access these pictures on Drive it will take forever for each individual image to load. This makes it impossible for slideshow viewing. Another feature I dislike is that it will often clump all the data together in the recent feed, no matter the file type. I wish it could automatically separate pictures from videos, and videos from PDF's, and such.

Jonathan from JRWDevelopment

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

Pros

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

Cons

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.

Dennis from Holy Cross Lutheran Church

Lifesaver

Very positive - everyone in the organization has adopted it. It is very easy to implement if you are a Gmail centered business.

Pros

We used to keep a shared drive at each of our locations and ask staff to back up critical file to shared drive. Now we use Drive and it really works well for our organization. We have established shared drives for departments regardless of location and individuals can securely store their docs.

Cons

I am not really sure it is an issue with the software however I wish I could map drives without eating up hard drive space. This may be available however the last time I tried it I ended up with a very full hard drive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The peace of mind knowing that our documents were in the Google cloud secured by permission level access.

Anthony from IPG VR

Great storage and sync tool for startups

It has been the mainstay for the organization for the last 4 years and continues to hold up well against other vendors.

Pros

It provides a simple toolset that integrates seamlessly with all of Google's office toolset. It works with anyone, anytime, and grows with your business needs as and when you need it.

Cons

Some of the options to migrate from one provider to another are lacking.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was a seamless start point and provided great integration with personal Gmail accounts.

Faiyaz from Clear Sight

Obviously the best..

My Overal experience with drive was cool and I'm still using it daily. As a Graphic Designer, I store my important files and photos there..And also a portfolio that is share enabled to show my clients.. I just give the drive link to them! By this way I can showcase my portfolio and works in high resolution!

Pros

Google Drives comes into mind at first after hearing the term cloud storage! Very simple to use, powerful, versatile and have a huge eco system ie. Google .Files can be easily shared to others! And the coolest of all is 15gb free for every single Google account. Storage can also be exceeded in decent price options! Most of the smartphones now run in Google ecosystem. So I think it's wise to choose Google Drive!

Cons

The Cons are: your data might get hacked by hackers. But not often these happens to all. And another issue is Google might mine your shared data!

Nabin from Curl Labs

Google Drive offers cheap and reliable cloud storage

I love Google Drive for its cheap and reliable cloud storage service for my business and family needs.

Pros

Google Drive offers one of the best cloud storage services. Its files can be synced across multiple devices. It offers inbuilt apps like docs, sheets, slides, and many other useful apps for any individual or business. The files in Google Drive can be easily shared with the team for collaboration.

Cons

Google Drive's desktop app is quite resource-consuming while running the file syncing process in the background.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose Google Drive over its alternatives like Dropbox, One Drive, Canto DAM, and pCloud Business because its cheaper, faster and has more inbuilt features for file creation, management, and sharing.

Shannon Simone from Shannonmiller.me

Drive is a must have for all businesses

I can't imagine running our business without Google drive. It allows me to be anywhere in the world and access my drive. The sych feature makes sure that everything is in the cloud. This kind of flexibility has allowed our remote work to feeling empowered with what we need when we need it.

Pros

Google drive allows us to store documents and create client folders and other assets that can be shared via a link in a secure way. Also allowing us to store and access assets from any device no water where we are.

Cons

It's a great product and I have no complaints as it is a must have solution that I use daily. Uploads can be a bit slower than Dropbox but the positives outweigh the slower speeds.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Most people have access to Google and the tie in with our Google accounts and low cost for feature rich tools s makes it a no brainer.

Brent from Rocket Grove Creative Studios

Beats all other online storage, integrates with everything

Google Drive is used as much or more than any other online tool in my business. It lets me not only easily store files so I can access it anywhere, but it allows me to integrate with virtually everything. Website backups, online collaboration, the integration with the rest of G Suite, along with about any other tool out there. It's easy to use, and nothing is confusing for me.

Pros

I love how Google Drive is integrated with thousands of other online tools, and it makes sharing documents so easy. I've shared documents with large numbers of people in groups for work and other purposes, and I've had very few complaints when using Google Drive. When using other tools like Dropbox, it was always harder for others to get into and figure out. Google Drive is just smooth and nothing has been easier to use. And the perfect integration with all other Google G Suite tools is icing on the cake.

Cons

There really isn't much to complain about. I guess if I had to find fault, I would love it if they had more video encryption options so when I share a video, I can restrict it to a certain website (like a client dashboard). But really, I'm just nitpicking there.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Dropbox was just clunky and I would always get questions about how to access it. And it doesn't have as many options for sharing restrictions, file delivery, etc. Plus, the cost of G Suite and all that you get compared to Dropbox and other alternatives, it just made it an easy choice.

Christopher from Atlantic Images Ltd

Industry: Photography

Google Drive Is At The Core Of Our Company

Our overall experience has really been superb. I think in over 5 years we have have contacted the support once. Everything is so simple and easy to use. This is critical with sharing images and documents to all types of people and companies. The way nearly any file can be uploaded and viewed as well as converted into Google's own formats is also really useful. Then you can download the files in numerous other formats. It really is quite a product considering the price.

Pros

Having started our company a five years back, Google Drive (for Business) has been at the centre of our company from day one and is so easy to use. We have had almost no issues with the software and we can rest at night not worried about losing any of our days work. The thing I personally like most about this software is the unlimited storage option. Other companies and software just can't compete and they really have been left behind. We were with several online storage clouds and their lack of forward planning and increasing fees made us jump at the Google Drive Unlimited storage option. With ever increasing file sizes (think 8K video coming soon on personal phones) storage is key for our media company.

Cons

The one thing we would like to see more of is customising the Google Photos section. The way our company works it would be good to have a feature where you can add a tick, colour or note to the image so we know it's been worked on, edited, or uploaded.

Viktor from Dwight school London

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Drive to rule them all

Overall, Drive is top of the league. Securely sharing important documents, collaborating on all kinds of shared documents which are synced to any electronic device, with reasonable pricing kept us going for for years in the small school where I work.

Pros

One of the main features of Google drive is that it can sync on anything. Sync on mobile or tablet, Android or Apple? No problem. Sync on a mobile phone without Google services (Huawei etc)? No problem, there are apps that do this as well. Sync on your laptop or computer, running Windows/Mac? Easy. Linux user? No problem, many apps do this flawlessly. Another great feature is that it links seamlessly with the rest of the Google Kingdom: Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Slides, Classroom. The security is highly customizable: you can choose your own level of protection, and in 20 years working with sensitive data, I always felt secure (you must set your main password right, to start with). Other great features: it let's you create shortcuts throughout the drive, having always your main doc up-to-date, regardless of which version you edit. Also, it keeps versions of updated files, meaning that if you mistakingly updated a PDF and you want your old version back, there are ways to do it. The pricing is very, very reasonable.

Cons

The web interface is a bit confusing. As a first time user, you are greeted with a lot of bloat that you won't need in the near future (most likely). There no option of dual pane, to move around things quickly. Nor a directory tree on the left side. Renaming files or folders is a joy-breaker: instead of using F2 as on most similar software, one has to right-click, select 'rename' and then do it. The recycle bin becomes very slow, once is has over 1000 files, and it's almost impossible to navigate that wrongly deleted file (whose proper name we forgot). The search is great, as one would expect, although in organisations, finding the right file becomes almost impossible, bloated by results from every single user who ever shared a file. There is filtering by type or owner, but still the search is well behind it's main website search engine (which is way more intuitive). The sharing links are way too long and it beats me why they didn't implement the goo.gl URL shortener for the Drive?

Robert from Law Office of Robert Kekuna LLLC

Industry: Law Practice

All Roads Lead Back to Google Drive

My experience with Drive has gotten better over time as I have gotten comfortable with the concept of the "Cloud." Today it is so easy for me to use that I don't give it a second thought.

Pros

I didn't realize what Drive did when I downloaded it years ago: I really didn't get the concept of saving files to the Cloud . When programs like Dropbox came out later it made sense. As my solo practice has grown I find Drive to be an easy way to save files and folders to the Cloud and in the same way my files are saved in my PC. Because Google has its own counterparts to Microsoft programs like Word and Excel they are available immediately in Drive, so I can start writing and saving items without having to go outside of Drive; I will later download files to my PC to work with them in Word and Excel. Drive documents are easy to attach to Gmail emails as it has its own icon for attachment; it's also helpful in emailing larger files. I also understand that it is less expensive to buy more GB of storage than the other well-known programs, but I don't have personal knowledge..

Cons

Sometimes I worry about saving files to Drive and not knowing what folder to put it in. Drive does allow you to choose where the file will be saved, but many times I don't know where I want the file saved, so I just save it without putting it in a folder, and then go back and move the file to the appropriate folder. That is extra work but it's not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive was the first cloud storage software I knew about, so it wasn't a choice. I have heard good things about other programs such as Dropbox and Box. My Microsoft files are automatically backed up to OneDrive, so the redundancy is a plus.

Camila from Universidad de Buenos Aires

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Mainly opening other people's files drives me crazy

I have used it for many years, I have bought 200 GB and am very happy with my action. I think that space online is one of the best things you can buy, because you have your files anywhere you need them, whenever you need them. You also don't have to worry about your computer getting stolen or breaking and losing everything. You can free space from your computer and that way making it work better. But Drive offers you much more than that and I love it and is why I pay for it's service. Of course, it is not perfect and there are always things that can be improved, but right now, I can only think of the detaile I mentioned before.

Pros

I LOVE how it is linked with all the other Google apps. I really like the organization, it is very similar to the computer's organization so it is very easy to understand and to learn to use, mainly for older people that maybe do not handle the Internet very easily. I also like to have my recent files on fast access, very useful. The folder sharing is one of Drive's most important features, and I think it is great, because that way I can share anything with anybody, as long as I share the folder or send them the link. To have many ways to share a file is also really good, you can choose the one that suites you better each time.

Cons

Above I spoke about file sharing, which I think is great but, A LOT of my friends and family have trouble with the authorization, they always complain about sharing something with someone and that someone then having to ask for permission, which they had already given by sending them the email to access the folder or the file. I, after two years of using it constantly, have learned how it works and do not have any issue with that. But it took me some time. Not because it is TOO hard, but because Google's apps (and mainly Drive) are usually very simple, easy to use. So you are not expecting for something to be a little bit more complicated, to have to read the indications. I know there is a message that pops-up when you are going to share something , telling you to change the configuration, but honestly, nobody reads them. People usually are like: but I sent you the link! Why does it ask me for permission? Some of them, tired of receiving many emails about the permission to access de file (like I was), look for the reason of this and read the indications, but most people don't do. So, what I suggest, is for it to not have a "default" option that sets in on "restringed", I would just leave it in blank and force the person to read that, it is not that hard, it will take just a second and will save them from complaining later without them knowing. Many of my friends prefer to just give me a pendrive with the file other than sending it by Drive.

Anand from IIT Kharagpur

"Google drive : Making work streamlined and seamless"

It's much more than just an online storage service. It allows me to synchronize files present on my different devices to one online hub. It has reduced my efforts in managing my data and work. Adding more its free unless my data limit crossed 15 GB threshold. It also provides options of online creating a file and online editing, storing it and options to share it with others to collaborate. The collaboration feature helped me a lot while I was doing my group project. But sometimes it creates some problems too as the anonymous editor names it presents has put me in dilemma as actually who has edited the file. Once a garbage data has been entered by one of my teammates which leads us to face a penalty. Also in online editing mode, all options are not present so many times I have to download the file to a local drive and then have to edit it. It helps me to send files that are too big to be sent as an attachment in an email, also it provides options to the receiver as I can set that whether he can only view the file or also can edit it. But for this feature to be effective the other person has to have a Gmail account. Once I got such a mail from a person on my office mail account and I was not able to access the contents. So this feature can be updated.

Pros

Some of the things I like the most about it are 1. Free 15 GB storage for everyone. 2. Ease of synchronization of my work on all my devices. 3. Collaboration options to work in groups. 4. Increasing the size limit of my mail attachments. 5. Easy and simple user interface.

Cons

Some of the things I dislike about it are 1. Less number of options while editing files online as compared to offline editing. 2. Attachments if send through drive can only be accessible through google accounts. 3. Do not have separate options to lock a folder or protect it with a password. 4. A bit clumsy and slow on slow internet connections.

Becky from Becky in Bold

I couldn't run my business without Google Drive!

The greatest benefit of Google Drive is that it's a simple, user-friendly solution to cloud storage AS WELL AS an office suite. No more expensive upgrades for software to create documents!

Pros

Google Drive is the backbone of my business. It's important that I be able to share important docs with my clients and contractors. GDrive makes it so easy to do that. We can create, update, and share documents, spreadsheets, media, etc. and never have to worry about what kind of computer someone has or specialized software.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any negatives for Google Drive. Maybe it would be nice to have more storage? But it's so affordable to add a little more when you need it! Google Drive was easy to integrate with my business because almost everyone has a Google account these days.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose Google Drive because of it's popularity, clean interface, and user-friendly tools. I have zero regrets and will continue to use Drive for as long as it's available!

Justice from Angels 4 Life LLC.

Everyday use

We are able to share documents and forms among different office members. It is nice to be able to also access individual specific information and refer to it whenever we need it, whether we are in the office or outside of it. I enjoy that all the documents are also accessible on a mobile device, again making documents more accessible no matter where we are.

Pros

We use google drive every single day. We are able to store Medicaid documents and individual specific information for the individuals with developmental disabilities that we serve. We are also able to create documentation and other forms to use in both the office, at homes for homecare and in our day program. The ease of being able to send a document to someone to review, make changes or fill out is a need for our office. We’ve been using Drive for about 3-4 years now and it is the best decision we ever made to back documents up and be able to find them easily when we need them.

Cons

The only trouble I usually run into is the difference in formatting. If I take something from Drive to Word, it probably isn’t going to look the same. That is sometimes an issue when sending something outside of our office or when we want some more customization factors and create or edit the document in Word and put it back on the Drive. Sometimes we can avoid this by saving the document as a PDF but we cannot always as sometimes our documents will be updated and changed from time to time and we need to keep the ability to edit.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive was much more user friendly and accessible as well as more economically friendly. Since we also have Gsuite, we were able to get a more secure version of the Drive as well.

Mehedi from Mehedi Got No Chill

Industry: Photography

Google's younger child [Google Drive ) took over the game.

Overall Google Drive is a sophisticated software. It has a certain look to its interface. If you are new to this software, it will just take 2 minutes to understand how it works. It is a software that is flawless. It has some thoughtful options for you and you can make this according to your need. So in a nutshell, I recommend this software to everyone. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pros

Google Drive really has some Pros on its side. This is a software which was created to store files, multimedia and so on. And additional to that, we can share those files and documents with our friends and family. And it offers us 15 GB of storage which is completely free. You can also buy extra storage if you need to by paying a little amount of money. The payment method is based on monthly subscription and yearly also. You can buy from 100 GB to 30 TB according to your need. And additional to that, you can send your files and documents to multiple persons and also to a group if you have to while maintaining the actual quality of the media file. So transferring documents is a lot easier and helpful by the help of Google drive. The codec of this software is created in the way so that the media file isn't hampered. And the trashing system in there is also very thoughtful. You can get back your files and documents in between a certain amount of time after you have deleted them.

Cons

Google Drive is almost flawless but, there is a little bit of problem that I faced. When you turn on 'Link sharing on ' it takes time to be able to access to those media files attached to that link. I mean the process is not instant. But after a while it works.

rebecca from Budzinski Cleaning Services

Industry: Environmental Services

Software Sharing

The drive itself is great because I can upload things to it that I need at multiple locations without notice. When I’m Not unavailable, I can share the document very easily.

Pros

What I like most about this software is I can share files with people in other countries or locally. I can share small program files, pictures, documents; the list goes on and on.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it can be a little tricky to delete something from it. Sometimes I need to go to three different spots to make sure something is deleted completely. It’s not a big issue for me since I rarely need to delete anything, but when I do, I find it a bit tedious. Overall it’s worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I can access Google Drive quickly and easily from anywhere. I have never NOT been able to access it. Sometimes I have been able unable to access iCloud. Therefore (for me) google drive is better.

Great for sharing large files without having to pay extra or download additional software

We need the ability to send large files both to internal and external clients, and Drive allows us to do this easily, with any permissions we want for the recipients. We also need to collaborate on file edits without stepping on each other's toes, and Drive makes this easy.

Pros

I like that I can use Drive to store large files in the cloud, and that I can share those larger files via a simple link with anyone I want. No more messing with Dropbox or other tools. Most users I send files to can handle Drive. Also, you can choose what kind of link you want to send - view, comment, or edit - which is incredibly handy. I also like the ability to collaborate on documents easily (and even see where they are in the document in real-time).

Cons

The UI could be improved somewhat - sometimes it is difficult to tell at a glance whom I have shared a file with, or with what permissions I shared it. This information is available, it just takes a few clicks.

Joel from Freelance Artist

Industry: Animation

Google Drive An Office Suite

My overall experience with Google Drive has been excellent. Google Drive has been a central tool utilized for several of my animation projects. For instance I worked alongside a client to create a Holiday themed animation. I established a detailed schedule through the spreed sheet app and uploaded several story board materials to Google drive. The client was able to see, comment and edit anything on the drive so we were able to collaborate on a minute to minute basis. She knew when I updated the animation and I immediately knew what needed to be improved. Google Drive has been an essential tool that has been reliable since I first began using it in 2014. I have since used it for all of my large scale projects.

Pros

The pros of Google Drive are in its programs and online and cloud based functionality. It is suite that includes a word processor, a spreed sheet editor and a presentation and slides editor. Each program mirrors the quality of Microsoft office programs. Furthermore file types created by Microsoft Office programs can be edited including and not limited to RTFs, DOCs, and DOCX. This allows users to hop between Microsoft Office and Google Drive with Ease. All Google Drive programs are available for free, a user simply needs to register for a Google account with an email address. Further rounding out the package Google Drive Programs are available to anyone at any time with an internet connection. All documents created are stored on a personal cloud and can be edited on a tablet, smartphone and or computer. This allows for maximum flexibility and editing on the go. In addition it allows for users to collaborate on documents together at once. Lastly, Google drive can be used as online storage with 15 GB given to users free upon sign up. Just about any file can be uploaded and stored.

Cons

One of the cons I encountered was that I was unable to edit a document I stored on Google Drive when I was offline. This was however easily corrected. Once I made the document availability offline I could proceed to edit. Google Drive automatically updated the file once I logged into a WiFi connection.

Essential tool for small businesses

It's easy and uncomplicated to use. Personally I manage very well with the free version as I don't need more than 15GB but additional storage is also not expensive. I have so many options and integrations available that I don't need to buy lots of extra software for single use jobs that I may only need for one project

Pros

It is so easy to collaborate, exchange files, access information and documents. I enjoy using the documents more than their Microsoft equivalents as it is simpler to set up and use.

Cons

My only concern would be that I am saving documents here at a data saving agency and have concerns that my data might not be safe, but that applies to all alternatives to an own server and even there there's no 100% guarantee

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It offers documents of all kinds as well as data storage. Google offered the best value for money and space

SUJOY from COMCAST/NBC 27 CHABOT TV

Google Drive Review

I have been using it now for over 5 years. I love the reliability and the ability to edit directly from the files if I have a great Internet connection if I am running low on local drive space.

Pros

I love the Google Drive storage. I can store my project files there and store it for later use. Also share files with colleagues and clients.

Cons

One of them is the ability to mark more than one file for download without having it zipped. For example, Sony camera make several sections of a video, some could be 10 or more files. I archive them to the drive, when I got to use it, I have to download them one at a time, because if Google Zips them before letting me download it, it takes a very long time, sometimes the whole day. So I have to click on each file and download them all individually, which is faster. Another problem I have is when we load the Google Drive app on my computer, my Drive C: all of a sudden got completely full. But it still works, but I am not happy with with my C: drive showing it's full all the time. Problems could happen.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was offered at our business to us and is shared by all of our colleges.

Mary from The First Twenty

Prefer over Dropbox

Overall really enjoy this product and use it every day. Being able to edit and create word/excel-like documents right on google drive has been very helpful and keeps things organized when multiple users need access to them.

Pros

What attracts me to this software is its ease of use and that it connects to my work email. I find it easier to use than the dropbox account we have in most cases. The fact that you can create and edit google sheets and excel documents within the google drive software is huge. We use this for social media calendars with multiple people editing them. I also like that it is easier to use on my mobile device than dropbox. The google drive app is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes I have random problems with images or content not being able to be downloaded or errors that cause uploaded images not to preview. Sometimes "sharing" or giving "access" to folders has become difficult or caused issues when trying to share things with emails outside of our company.

The Cloud Hard Drive

Google drive has helped us solve the issue of file sharing and handling permissions to these files. Also, it is a great tool for data backup

Pros

Google drive is a joy to use as it seamlessly integrates files from your PC, phone and email into one collection that is well arranged. It makes file sharing easy for us as one simply uploads a file and invites members that need to access it and also shares an email invite that you can customise. The most impactful feature for us is the fact that it automatically versions files when you overwrite them, you can then choose whether to maintain the old version or not. Another nice feature is you can sync folders from your PC and they appear as is in the google drive platform. This is all automatic and does not require the users intervention which is a plus

Cons

A key feature to add would be a shared drive or shared space that an organisation can set user writes a permissions instead of linking the drive to a specific email account. This would make collaboration for organisation wide files easier.

Chris from MisfitHeroes

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great file service, but a little pricey

File transfers and essentially using the service as an online server is mainly what we do.

Pros

The ability to share throughout the google suite and to anyone anywhere is a key functionality to my business (sending massive video files). It functions reliably, quickly, and efficiently. Having the google suite of apps across multiple platforms of mobile devices is a big plus too.

Cons

The price is a bit much at my user level. For an online only product that is mainly used as a replacement for ftp, it is often hard to justify the monthly fee.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The ease of use and user familiarity is why we went with google drive.

Maria from Indeed.com

Anything Google Fan

I absolutely love working on Google Drive, it's really beneficial as all your documents live in one place, it's collaborative as you can share it with anyone, whether it's an internal team or external, including the client. Anyone can have access to it.

Pros

My entire work lives in Google Drive. The design is so simple and clean, it's so easy and quick to work with, you can create, update, share, download, customize - whether it's changing a title or the color of the folder. I've been a user of Google Drive for over three years. I can keep any type of document in there - images, gifs, videos, word docs, presentations, surveys (google form) and it's so easy, fast, and reliable. All you need is an email account with Google and done, you have a whole place where your documentation can live, it's all yours. The sharing setting is great, you can share documentation with one person, various, you can make it public for anyone who has the link, or just for a certain group. I like that you can create any type of document in pre-set formats, whether you want to create a survey, a Gantt chart, a presentation, and you can customize it in any way you want (change background, add copy, images) You can upload files, download files into your computer, and what I like is that you can follow the entire process of upload and download, and you will see a green checkmark when this has been done successfully. You can move documents from a folder to another, or you can move a complete folder into another. It's really really easy. All companies should work with Google Suites.

Cons

Something I don't like, but it's not a roadblock at all is that if you have a basic Google account you have limited storage space, which I have reached with my personal account ,Don't blame me, I have my entire life in Google) but if you have a work account, you will likely not reach it.

Valerie from AlphaSights

Industry: Information Services

Making collaboration with colleagues easy

Overall, Drive allows me to collaborate with my colleagues easily -- the best part is how seamlessly it integrations with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc. I would probably have a different opinion of Drive if I did not use these other platforms so frequently, and instead used Excel or Word. However, for my purposes, Drive works extremely well.

Pros

The greatest advantage of Drive is the ability to share documents with colleagues and manage content during collaboration. Its seamless integration with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. makes it the best cloud-based file storage platform if you are primarily using those. Of course, you can also upload other files types (e.g., PDFs, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) but when your working with others and want to update the file in Drive, you must "manage versions" (an extra step, but not difficult). My ideal use case, and the aspect of Drive that I appreciate most, is the ability to work collaboratively with my team on a presentation in Google Slides that is saved in our shared drive, and be certain that the latest version is not only updated in Drive but also that I can view previous versions.

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with the ease of use and prefer Drive to other cloud-based file storage platforms. However, some functionalities are not as user friendly, and can sometimes lead to negative consequences for the user. One example is creating shadow copy file to another folder in Drive: to do this you press Shift+Z while a file is highlighted. You cannot right-click a file to do this; you just need to know the shortcut. Then to delete it one might think they can simply delete the file and it will continue to exist in other folders. However, that is not the case. Deleting the file will delete it in all folders. Therefore, to delete it you must go into another the details and "x" out the file from folders where you no longer want it to appear. This is a bit unintuitive and could result in files being mistakenly deleted.

Murtaza from Self Employed

Have made files accessible easy for me

Pros

Honestly I like to work anywhere and when I have free time somewhere the I want to cash it by doing brainstorming so I need documents and client briefs. Now its accessible through my phone and I can work anywhere I want. The other part is I have setup folders for my clients so they can download what they want and have bought its subscription so now I have no space issues. Internally I have setup assets folder for all my clients and it have become very easy to share any clients assets with a particular creator i want with no headaches.

Cons

I have multiple drive accounts one for my personal and others are of teams i m working on with. The bad part which I felt so far is that when I use a different google drive account other than default on the website and try to download something it gave me error that i m not authorized. I realized the main problem is if I download 2 files together it creates zip file and made it a successful download but if I try to download single file it gave me the error saying i m not authorized.

Google Drive goes with you to everywhere you go, never again lose a file

The best solution until now of course is the need of my files with me without need any hardware. Just me and my smartphone or table with a lit bit of thinking

Pros

The thing is Google Drive let´s you have everything with you whereever you are, I don´t need any Flash Drive or Hard Drive with anymore, I have it all in my Google Drive cloud and I can acess it from every computer, smartphone or table. The Other thing is that I can share my file easily and very fast with any friend or work college without have to use the old ways that Was suppost to send it to the flash drive, then hand over to is computer etc. No I can share all my documents with everyone extrimelly fast. The last think that I love in Google Drive is that there are shared Team Drives where we have the all office documents together and can have it always updated.

Cons

I don´t like that I need to pay for more than 15gb But is not that much

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because Google Drive meets all the requirements in my company and it´s really easy to use, there no need for a tutorial is intuitive. Its a really fast server and a lot faster than others

Pranagnya from Accenture

My Personal, Global, Primary storage Location

There is no question of remarking this Google product but , as I have mentioned above I would be happy If they provide a Linux client and clients for multiple Google accounts in the same OS.

Pros

Its been more than 2 years I have been using google drive , Initially when we start using google drive we will get 15 GB of Memory space in our google drive but when I have completed my security checkup before 2 years and I have received extra 2 GB of Memory space . So that I can use that extra space for storing extra more files/Data in my Google Drive.

Cons

I) There is no local client provided for Linux.I use Ubuntu Linux at home and I feel I need a local client of google drive for my Linux desktop. II) And there is no possibility of having multiple Google accounts in the same OS. III) I receive many times the shared folder links from friends. They save the photos on G Drive and share them. I am wondering whether they don't know about Google photos, in which it takes less memory and still keeps the same original quality iv) I would be happy if Google notifies or reminds them by a message to these users. Something like, "Hey, You know you can also use Google Photos to save and share your pics"

Steve from Quarry

Google Drive helps us Work Remotly

Team shared drives was the thing that sealed the deal for us. It allows us to share documents with our teams and not have to worry about who owns the document because the company owns the document not a user that once they leave we have to find a new owner for some files that were shared with other team members

Pros

Google Drive has saved our butts when working from home. We needed to find an easy solution to allow our remote users to access the business documents they needed and easily. Sure web browser apps are fine but google drive integrates into the OS and gives the user a G drive so they can access files as if they were installed right on the computer. And even better for IT staff it cuts down on DISK space as all the files stream to the machine and no real space is needed except for the file you are working on. I would recomend this product to any Team looking to find a batter way to collaborate.

Cons

Google support can be really frustrating at times. It can be hard to get a hold of someone to help fix an issue in a timely manor. We have had a few issues where the software was locking up machines and Google had no answers and we had to do a full reinstall on all machines to fix the issue without them but for the other 99.9% of the time it works fine

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was part of Gsuite and for $10 a month for everything we got it was a simple choice!

Cillian from Self Employed

My favourite Cloud Storage!

Google Drive has been extremely useful in allowing me to back up my Construct 3 projects and share asset files between my computers, and in working with other developers collaborating on projects and sharing assets. Not as versatile in the same field as something like GIT but much easier to use if you're not editing the same files at once.

Pros

The main thing I specifically like about using Google Drive is the fact that it integrates with my google account which I use for most things on the internet. As a windows and android user it works very well for me as I am logged into that account on all my Windows and Android devices, not having to sign into my Microsoft account on mobile etc as I would have to for OneDrive. I also think the free plan is very generous, and the 100GB paid plan is very useful too.

Cons

A lot of the time I have decided against using the paid storage on certain google accounts as I was worried about the possibility of not making a payment later down the line for the cloud storage (IE forgetting to update payment details) and losing valuable data I had stored on the service. I am not 100% sure if the case that a payment fails if you immediately lose your data over the quota, but the whole idea of paying for data storage (the same as with OneDrive & Dropbox) is sometimes a little scary. Also another possibility is having an account hacked etc. I have had people try to access my google account in the past but Google has always managed to not let them gain control over my account. In the case that the account had been hacked and I had lost valuable cloud backups & stored data, I probably would not have rated this service so high. I don't believe either of these reasons constitutes as a reason not to use a cloud storage service, as both a means of sharing files and making backups however!

Timothy from Beckett.pro

Great Software at a Great Price

Drive lets me and my team easily access files and offers great free storage options.

Pros

I love that Google Drive comes with a huge amount of free included storage compared with the other players. Its easy to administer and I love being able to sync the same files and folders across all devices.

Cons

I don't like that when sending a file in GMAIL through drive that you have to set up permissions and such instead of just being able to physically send them the file. I often times find myself having to download the file to my phone or computer just so I can send it to someone else.

Price and familiarity

Sam from Sam's Residential and Industrial Service Provider

Drive is WAY better then One Drive

Very impressed they will work with you when your business is in need especially during these trying times of COVID19 they really strive to please their customers.

Pros

The fact that it is compatible across ALL of my companies devices including our delivery services tablets, In house laptops and PC's, as well as our business phones we provide to our staff. Very well organized and the storage price is best bang for your buck.

Cons

The functionality is great yet the functions are limited. It does everything we need, but would like to see more functions and or program features added like maybe even a time keeper function or a note pad type function added to the available features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Better pricing and functionality as well as much more impressive customer support and if course a bigger name backing it in Google

Gilberto from Grupo Chedraui

Industry: Supermarkets

Drive, una plataforma de almacenamiento en la nube que facilita el trabajo colaborativo

Previamente, en nuestra organización utilizábamos el correo electrónico para compartir archivos como documentos, fotos o ejecutables, sin embargo, era insuficiente el espacio de almacenamiento proporcionado por nuestro proveedor de correo electrónico, por lo que empezamos a utilizar Drive como plataforma de almacenamiento. Drive nos permite compartir archivos e incluso es compatible con la edición paralela. Además, nos permite almacenar archivos RAR o EXE sin restricciones.

Pros

Drive es una solución de almacenamiento en la nube confiable y estable. Para empezar, está vinculada a la cuenta de Google, por lo que se integra con todos los productos de esta empresa. Me gusta porque nos ofrece espacio de almacenamiento gratuito para guardar documentos, imágenes, fotos o vídeos, incluso es posible almacenar archivos RAR o EXE, que no están permitidos en Gmail. Por otro lado, cuenta con una interfaz de usuario intuitiva y fácil de usar, que consta solo arrastrar y soltar. Otra característica que me gusta es que cuenta con una aplicación de escritorio para Windows, de modo que pueda sincronizar mis carpetas locales con los servidores de Drive automáticamente.

Cons

En algunas ocasiones, experimentan fallas en la actualización de algunos archivos, es decir, se retrasan las modificaciones que se llevan a cabo en los mismos. Entre otras cosas, me gustaría que Google fuese más generoso con sus usuarios y nos proporcionase más espacio de almacenamiento gratis.

Julieanne from JG Digital Market

Why wouldn’t you use it?

Google Drive is so handy for so many things I honestly can’t think of a reason why someone wouldn’t use it. I’ve been using it for 10+ years, before it was called Drive, and I plan on using it for another 10+.

Pros

It’s great for storing important documents, both business and personal, streamlining communication and collaborative documents, and it’s super simple to use. It’s also incredibly cheap for the amount of space you get. The free space lasted me for years. When I started a business my storage needs increased, and now it’s one of the main ways I share and edit documents with clients. It’s so easy to use that even my least tech savvy clients have never had a problem with it.

Cons

There’s honestly nothing I would change about Drive, what’s not to like? They offer nearly every type of document, which you can download and open with standard Office and Mac programs (ie, Drive spreadsheets are compatible with Excel, Drive slides are compatible with PowerPoint, etc). I guess it would be nice if they had a desktop version of each program so I didn’t have to open my browser to use, say, a Google Spreadsheet... but that’s something I’d consider a con at this moment.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

All the other product options are handy, but just can’t compare in price and ease of use. Live collaborative editing is the most handy feature that other programs don’t make as Simple.

Abraham from Ministry of Communication

Pros and Cons of Google Drive

I've been using google drive now for more then 10 years and it has provided a lot of benefits in terms of file sharing and ease of accessibility. Sometimes I am required to travel overseas and I don't have to worry about accessing my files knowing that I have google drive behind me. I have also introduced google drive to my fellow co-workers who never knew about this product and they are amazed at how easy it is to use the system. Some have even come back to me and said that they have introduced the product to their family and friends. In my opinion google drive is suitable for anyone who wants to use the product for business, personal, education, social media, etc. It's user friendly, really easy to use and compatible on any device or operating system. I highly recommend google drive to anyone out there who hasn't heard about google drive, to try it out and see how great it really is.

Pros

The thing I love best about google drive is being able to access my files from any location 24/7. This accessibility gives me the confidence that I can get to my files on my laptop or smartphone without having to carry a flash drive or portable external hard drive with me. Especially in my line of work as an IT guy, it provides flexibility when I'm travelling or at a work site and I suddenly need to access my files. With google drive, it also enables me to share my files with colleagues, friends and family by simply sharing the link with them. In a work setting you can complete projects faster using google drive for file sharing and collaboration with employees located in different parts of the world, since a person's changes are attributed only to them. Using google drive is really easy, all you need is an active gmail or google account to start using google drive. On most smartphones the google drive app is already installed, if not installed you can download it for free and install it. Furthermore, if you want to use google drive in your organization or company, the setup is really easy because the application is compatibles across a wide range of devices and operating systems. These compatibility benefits include Windows, Linux, iOs and Android.

Cons

My least favorite thing about google drive is that the product is limited to gmail only and you may run into a few problems with synchronization with other addresses like yahoo, etc. This means if you share files to another person who doesn't have a gmail account they will only be able to view the file and not edit it. Moreover, google drive is a cloud based platform which means you will need internet connectivity to access and view your files online. Another limitation is the uploading, downloading and editing of files online if your internet bandwidth is slow or weak. This may pose intermittent issues and prevent you from completing your tasks on time because of the access delays. Since google drive is cloud based there is also a security concern if your gmail account is breached or hacked. Perpetrators could use your login credentials to steal sensitive or personal information that you have uploaded on google drive.

Cole from Brandable Inc.

Google Drive and All Its Applications are Essential to Succeed

Overall, Drive keeps our entire business connected and running anytime, anywhere. Employees can simply log in on a tablet in their home, their laptop while traveling, their computer at work, or on their phone while walking into a meeting and they immediately have access to all of our files. Furthermore, employees can do so much more than just read or download items. If I notice an error on a presentation for the meeting I am walking into while looking on my phone, I can edit it from my phone and it will save immediately and apply my changes in real time for everyone. So, by the time the presentation starts, the error is gone.

Pros

Google Drive is easy to understand, convenient to use anywhere, and totally efficient. I cannot imagine a modern business being successful today without it. The software and user face works superbly across all operating systems and that’s an incredible pro. Our employees use Mac’s, PC’s, iPhones, and Android phones and the software remains the same across all devices. This streamlines everyone’s understanding and thus communication when needed to discuss the drive. The software is also built very intuitively; anyone with experience using a computer will be able to navigate the software very easily!

Cons

I rated Google Drive a 4/5 stars because there are some features and functions that are not simple to execute. Most notably, the inability to easily move entire folders from individuals’ to team drives. This becomes tricky because it involves who created (ownership) the original folders and files. In a growing company, we’ve experienced an employee creating a shared folder that is used after the employee has moved on and then when we’ve tried to reorganize it to a new team drive, it requires administrative assistance and Google Support. Thankfully, they have great customer service!

Kenny from Ascension Marketing

Google Drive Will Help Your Business Stay Organized

Google Drive helps keep our business organized by making it easy to create and share access to important documents. We use it to create SOPs and complex spreadsheets with Google Sheets to help us keep track of pages on our website and important metrics associated with those pages.

Pros

Google Drive allows a business to keep all their documents organized and accessible online. From SOPs to important spreadsheets for your employees, everything can be accessed online and you'll never lose any data because it's always saved to the cloud!

Cons

Google Drive could offer better security to keep all your sensitive data safe. With ease of accessibility comes the risk of breach. Adding more features that allow Google Drive to be secured more easily would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive proved to be the most efficient platform for our business's need. While some features may take more work (e.g. creating formulas in Google Sheets) the overall ease of use and ability to collaborate made Google Drive the best choice.

Zunaid from The Visual Content Gang

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

The best way to share files with no limit!

Highly satisfied. Use it for sharing, approvals and reviews and archiving. Integrates with Gmail for business perfectly and the cost for terabytes of storage in the cloud is reasonable.

Pros

Use it religiously for sending footage and video exports to teams in other parts of South Africa. Allows for fast uploading and downloading and it's saved us time by uploading footage from Johannesburg and downloading in Cape Town instead of couriering it. No limit on upload size which is essential.

Cons

You can't always view within the online application. Requires download if the video codecs aren't supported. That can waste time which is always critical.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Mainly because of it's integration with Gmail.

Google Drive for a photographer

Overall this service is very useful to me .I very happy about this and I have no need to switch another cloud service to do my work

Pros

As a photographer Google Drive is very useful software to me.I take lot of photos which need to send long distance to hand over to my customers.Before I found the Google Drive I had to coppy those photos to DVD and send it from post.It is very costly and fragile .And also it takes days to deliver to the customer.After I found the Google Drive it makes this process very eaiser to me and my coustomers .I have to do just simply coppy my photos to drive and after that just send over the link to my customer.My customers can have his photos quickly as soon as he have the drive link.The another advantage of having online cloud storage is I can access to my photos from aanywhere in the world as long as I have a internet connection.Google drive is already in any android phone when it buy.So use google drive is much easier on my android phone rather than using other cloud storage.I highly recommend to any one to use this Google Drive cloud service.It gives free 15 GB storage and it very safer and secure.

Cons

As a photographer I have to upload many photos to google drive frequently .Therefore 15GB storage is quite small to me.There for I have to buy more storage but buying more storage just for send photos to my customer is not a best cost friendly way.After he received the photos that extra storage which I bought will not be usefull again to me.Therefore I like to have to much larger storage when acaccessing to the drive.Some times deleting files on the drive is much tricky.Becouse when a file deleted it not delete completely.It going to a bin and I have to delete it from there too.There is no way to delete file completely in one delete.

Aden from Freelancing

Industry: Research

Fantastic service!

Overall, I have had such a fantastic experience with this service! I use it mostly every day, for school and for work, and it hasn't failed on me! No more having to go to the little File icon at the top-left of the computer and click Save or Save As, because Google Drive has already done that for you! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to use your service free of charge!

Pros

Some of the things I like the most about this software are its ease of use. The opportunities are endless when you have a user interface that is obviously user-friendly, but also incredibly simple so those who don't know how to use this service can easily and swiftly learn how to. I really like how easily you can navigate through things in this service, by creating folders and sub-categorizing and prioritizing your work, you can easily see when you've worked on something the latest (as it shows up in your latest bar), so you can easily pick up where you've left off. Speaking of which, the fact that you can do something in Google Drive and pick up right where you left off without manually having to save your progress is genius! Though with other software this becomes a habit of mine, but it only makes me want to use Google Drive that much more!

Cons

I definitely think this service can improve in its mobile aspect. As simplistic as Google Drive is to the user, alike to how many people garner many different types of computers, we all have many different types of phones. Usually the phones apps work nicely, but if you were to access Google Drive on, say, Safari, than it would be much harder because you are using the computer-optimized interface. I would definitely make this more phone-friendly as well, and I know that Google Drive has an app as well, but for first time using the app, you can almost barely navigate through the web browser.

Michelle from SWANA Beaver Chapter

Google Drive use by Non-profit

Overall we use Drive to store all our organizations documents. Previously one board member would be the holder of all the files but there was always a problem when those individuals moved on. Its a great file storage and organization system for us. We also use it to take meeting minutes for board meetings and everyone on the board meeting conference call can see the minutes as they are being taken and catch mistakes in real time. We also use it a lot to review and approve documents. Instead of sending a document via email to 15 people and compiling the results, people go into the Drive and edit the document and these changes can be tracked.

Pros

It is really inexpensive for a lot of data storage. It allows all of our board members to access the organizations documents. It is easy to keep documents accessible to only certain people. It can be accessed from any device without needing to download an app; which can be problematic on company computers. It was fairly easy to learn to use. You can track changes to documents stored on the drive and more than one person can be editing a document at one time. this is great for our organization here we are all in different cities and need to collaborate on things.

Cons

It was difficult for some of our members to access the drive for the first time. Its a little clunky the first time you access it but after that it very easy.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We looked at continuing with Dropbox but it was more expensive to upgrade our storage and it didnt offer as many features as Drive.

Jason from Charles County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Once again, Google is better than Microsoft.

I use Drive for most of my personal files and all of my professional files. I love how organized I can be and my life would be much more difficult without Google Drive.

Pros

I am a hyper-organized individual, and I like being able to place items into their correct folder. Every file I need more than once gets sorted and filed away in my Google Drive. If I lose/break my laptop, it really doesn't matter because everything I need is save to my Google Drive. They give you so much storage room (15GB) that I don't think I'll ever need to buy more from them.

Cons

Sometimes I discover that really old files that I haven't needed for a decade are still there and taking up storage space, but there is so much free space that it doesn't really matter. Plus, I'm glad that Drive doesn't erase files I haven't used in a while. It might be nice if they asked once in a while if still needed something that hasn't been touched, though.

Brian from Outsourcing/Offshoring

Perpetual Googler

Overall I couldn't ask for anything better. Google Drive is the once centralized location for my entire virtual footprint. I have thousands upon thousands of photos and documents spanning decades. Although I have lost physical memories of certain times in my life I can always pop onto Google Drive to view photos and memories.

Pros

I feel like Google Drive is to an Android user what the iCloud is to an iPhone user albeit available to the masses, unlike the iCloud. In my opinion if you use an android device Google Drive is imperative to your success in unlocking the full functionality of the machine that we know as Google. Google is not just a search engine and its vast reach into many aspects of our lives gets tied together with Drive. Save your contacts, your photos, files, movies, and pretty much anything and everything you use to function on a daily basis in one secure location with access at the click of the mouse. Whether or not you have your phone, tablet, or pc your information will be securely stored for your viewing pleasure whenever you need.

Cons

Limited space... Most recreational Android/Google users may not run into this issue however for someone like me who's enitire tech world is Android-centered I am beginning to run into capacity issues. I have a Google Pixel phone, many Google Assistant devices, and an Android tablet so my whole life is being jammed onto my Google Drive... I do have 14,000 unopened emails that could be contributing to this space issue. Additionally, it has taken maybe 7-10 years to hit this point so although it is bothersome I guess we all hit our limits eventually ... even Google.

Burton from H&H Aircraft Services

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Sit back I'll. . . Drive

Google Drive has made my work simply simplified. Now if I could only find a way to appear busy when the boss is roaming the office. I'm thinking Google needs one more app just for that situation. Google "Stall" maybe?

Pros

Google drive is key to keeping your workspace organized. From photos to documents, they're all in one easy, secure place within the best e-mail service out today. Functionality and security are what I looked for the most in a product, and google nailed it with their product, Drive. Drive even sync's across all your devices. Give it a try, you can't go wrong.

Cons

I really didn't find any flaws or cons, per-say. I found the software to be quite easy to navigate. There's really nothing I can put in this field.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive is the solution to your daily needs, Hands-Down. Give it a try, You won't be disappointed.

Aleksandar from Handwritten Solutions

The right cloud for everyone

Although nowadays having a cloud to back up all the important files is nothing new, having a stable solution as Google Drive really makes everyday life easier. We share files, documents, spreadsheets, images withing our organization by just pasting a link. Most important thing is that whoever opens the link, gets the latest version of the document. It was a long time ago when we had to attach documents and send them over e-mail and go through the same hassle every time a document has been changed.

Pros

Easy way to share files using one of the several options through: - The web interface, - The desktop uploader (windows) - The android mobile app And a decent amount of space even in the free account. No complex setup nor complex configuration

Cons

Sorry to say, but I don't think I have some particular cons to share here. I have found myself in different situations using google drive and I haven't had a bad experience at all.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We haven't actually strictly choose Google Drive, we do have an active Dropbox account as well, but few minor things including the bigger space available on Google Drive, even in the free account, and fairly low prices for the paid accounts are the main reason why we use Google Drive as number one Cloud solution for our business.

Donna from LONG and FOSTER REAL ESTATE, INC. and CHRISTIE'S INTERNATIONAL

Google Drive- Productivity Tool

Offers Remote Access from any Browser. My files are always with me whether I access my own PC/Laptop or on vacation using a public computer. I can work Anywhere Anytime! I use Drive for my Back Up and I can Share my files stored on Drive with anyone I want to. And if the 15 GB isn't enough after some time I purchased another 100 GB of storage for less than $2.00 per month! Plus, any changes I make to a document or with a shared client those changes/ revisions are automatically populated in all versions of the document!! I never have to carry a heavy laptop with me since the sync feature across all my devices allow me access from a table or a remote PC.

Pros

Everything! Plus the Free 15 GB of Storage with Synching across multiple devices. Drive Syncs to all my Devices, whether my phone, laptop, PC, SD Card, USB flash drives and my camera. I can Upload and Download and everything is in there! Drive Folder also sits on my Laptop folder and I can drag and drop and file stored on my computer to the Drive folder that auto syncs to Cloud Drive!

Cons

So far after many years of using Drive I haven't found anything I don't like about it. It is an amazing tool!

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

There were many other solutions for cloud storage to choose from with big price tags to go with them. So, I continued to utilize portable hard drives and flash drives to perform back ups. But with Drive I could do all of the back up in addition to synching all my information across multiple devices from anywhere from any device for FREE and that was 6 years ago. I have never looked back! This Free Tool is crucial to my business and my productivity. Google Drive is much more than just storage it is a way of doing business in the 21st century!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 20,568 reviews