(18,994)

4,594

Browse Google Drive Reviews

SM Iftekhar from India Shopping BD

Industry: Import and Export

A great tool with almost unlimited storage

Overall, I love this software as my daily utility. It's a complete solution for data storing of any business company.

Pros

The most convenient tool to store data online. Google drive is the most known software among all other alternatives. We can easily access the software from any platform. This software offers almost unlimited storage which can be used as alternative storage. We use the drive for sharing files among our creative groups, backup credential information. It has a faster data transfer & works perfectly in background.

Cons

I have nothing to dislike about this software but I would suggest to increase the security system of the device.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It provides more storage at an affordable price, scans any files for viruses & can be used more conveniently on cross-platform devices since it's a built-in app for android devices. People are more used to this software.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Better security, affordable & more space for data storing.

Habibah from Digi Telecommunications

Save and share eveything from this cloud storage

It has proven to be highly beneficial in a variety of ways. We use it regularly, and we're still discovering for new ways to use it. It keeps a large group of users onboard regardless of where they are, making our job much simpler and more fluid!

Pros

Google Drive has proved to be the best forum for all types of remote collaboration. My organization uses it to save and exchange files, work on files in real-time when anyone in the meeting can access and update the document simultaneously, safely share files with customers, plan group meetings, and much more. It's all in one location, and everyone can get to it using their phones or another mobile computer. This is a fantastic tool that makes workplace flexibility a breeze!

Cons

For people who are new to the cloud storing, learning how to share files and document can be challenging at times. It necessitates security checkpoints (which is a good thing), but they can make it hard to access files and folders before you understand how to grant correct permissions to each one.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is free and can be operated on any devices.

Malinda from Ceylon government Railway

Industry: Government Relations

The best cloud storage service

Three years ago I decided to use google drive and so far my experience on this is absolutely perfect. As station masters we are dealing with documents up to a certain extent and the help google drive gives me throughout my career is great. Specially it made my mind peaceful of knowing that I won't forget any document to carry and all my documents are stored in a safe place. I do mobile photography as one of my hobbies and I don't need any additional SD cards for my phone because I can store them in drive. I have never experienced any loss of files that I stored due to software failure. My overall experience of using google drive is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use a cloud storage which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time.

Pros

Google drive is the best advanced cloud storage service which gives us free 15GB storage. As a station master I handle lots of confidential files that cannot be saved in a local machine with the fear of being stolen. Laptops and hard drives can be destroyed or stolen and anyone who has access to it can view and modify files. Also if there is meeting and if I forgot to take my pen-drive which contains the documents, that's a big problem. For all these problems I decided to use a google drive as the cloud storage few years back. When I moved to use it; it made my life really easier and thank god I don't need to worry anymore. I'm using the free feature set provided by google drive and those features are enough for me. For me, the best feature is sharing google docs and slides that are stored in cloud with my team. I can provide edit privilege to do the changes and using logs I can track the changes made to the files. File and folder sharing is really simple. Just a right click and select whatever the option I need. All the people that I involve with are not techy. So by sharing a link make them easier because what they just need to do is click that link and to the editing.They don't need to download documents, do the editing and upload them again. The syncing capability automatically sync my information with the devices that my account logged in and the services that I connected to google drive like google docs, sheets, slides and whatsapp make backups and save daily.

Cons

The uploading and downloading time is bit high for the larger files and it highly depends on the internet speed as well. Sometimes it's bit confusing to figure out which files I have shared publicly and which files not. To be honest that is the only issue that I have experienced with google drive.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The first cloud storage that I used was OneDrive. OneDrive only provides 5GB for the free cloud storage plan and it was not enough for me. Google drive provide 15 GB storage for free plan. I use google sheets daily and google docs and google slides weekly. For these applications google drive sync really well. For those reasons I decided switch from OneDrive to google cloud and I think it'a good decision.

The free version is excellent value for money, but Google cannot keep changing standards

My overall experience is undoubly positive, even though I am considering the switch to a different provider (as I did for my photos some months ago) given Google's tendency to change the rules after the game has started.

Pros

It is easy to use, it covers most user needs, you can easily move to a paid plan if need be.

Cons

Since a few weeks Google abruptly changed the rules of the game (seems like we have to get used to that, since they did the same with Google Photos and Android TV). Now, you can keep a local copy of the drive but, if you want to sync across multiple machines, it must be a virtual disk that is managed by Google's local client (meaning that, if you don't run the client, you cannot see the local disk!), which sometimes gets out of control and starts eating up memory and CPU (so you wish you could stop it without losing access to the local drive). The whole change was poorly explained by Google and users had to figure up possible solutions by themselves.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Actually, I am keeping all three installed and ready on my machine in order to be able to make the switch if I become uncomfortable with one of those services.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Actually, it is not really a switch. I am keeping all three installed and ready on my machine in order to be able to make the switch if I become uncomfortable with one of those services.

Dave from G4S

Industry: Security and Investigations

Google Drive better than you think!

Google is part of my working life 100% of the time. I am originally a Microsoft User, but have converted to Google and have self-taught myself Google Scripts and have exploited this and Google Sheets to the most. I have converted hundreds of Microsoft Users to Google, turning them from extremely negative to positive.

Pros

With Google Drive allows you to create a comprehensive system to meet so many business needs. If used with other areas of Google then the whole package becomes an invaluable tool for any business of any size. With a little imagination you can create very efficient processes that work well and look good. Using Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Forms and all tied up using Google Scripts you can get some very powerful applications.

Cons

The most important thing to me, and the thing that lets Google down in general is the lack of flexibility over the permissions that can be used. This also includes the lack flexibility with permissions with Shared Drives. There seems to be too much emphasis on the Social Media elements to detriment of the business elements.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

My company moved from Microsoft to Google for about 50-70,000 users, my SharePoint Manager role came to an end so I embraced Google as a new challenge and opportunity.

Ron from Henderson Collegiate

Google Drive, Easy to Use, almost too easy...

Our organization defaults to it since it is so readily available and accessible to the common person. This is to a fault due to privacy / security gaps with permissions and the inability and lack of controls to reset said permissions. The product is too simple and lacks any decent admin control of data that would make it easy to audit. I am making a push to move to OneDrive / Share Point in the upcoming few years which had more granular controls.

Pros

Google Drive is a nice platform that we have used to offload our data backup to for the last few years. It's nice because we have not had to worry about on-site backup mechanisms and the maintenance and hassle it is to utilize an on-site system and the training for staff in order to utilize it. All content gets dumped online and is continually backed up year to year and as teachers work on content. Plus as we capture good teaching we use it to house our video archive for training purposes. It's used to with "Backup and Sync" to help backup local files to the drive as well so that teachers who do not use the product directly on a regular basis.

Cons

Google is eliminating the free storage. This is unfortunate as we will now need to either on-site our information or find ways & time to audit what is online and develop new practices for how we archive and work with our data in an online remote environment. Also unfortunately, they defaulted permissions to make anything uploaded publicly searchable in our organization so we've had to emergency privacy audit admin and leadership files and folders because things were default public on Drive, which makes NO SENSE. Plus, there is no way to bulk change these permissions so reverting or changing them is a pain and requires file by file permission changing. Not great as there isn't a way to bulk change permissions, which would make sense.

Gilbert from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Industry: Research

An essential software for collaboration and cloud storage

I have saved hundreds of hours combining edits from collaborators on important documents. I simply share a folder with all my collaborators, and they enter their input for me. I only have to work with one version (its always the most up to date) that is placed in the collaboration folder.

Pros

Ease of use, file sharing capability, edit with collaborators in real time, cloud storage without taking up precious hard disk space, offline loading capability.

Cons

editing with 10 collaborators at the same time is very difficult. Its almost like you have to set a schedule for who edits when.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Price, ease of use, no local space utilized.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google drive was free, worked great, and did not take up hard disk space.

Taio from FILE Solutions

Great features, inexpensive and the best overall cloud storage provider.

With Google Drive I can work from anywhere using different devices. And the file sharing feature makes it easy to remotely work on a certain project as a team.

Pros

Google drive offers 15GB free storage before you need to upgrade for paid storage. Most other online file storage companies only offer 2 to 5GB free storage. This makes Google Drive a number one choice when looking for cloud storage services. With google drive, you can sync your account across all your devices and work from anywhere: office, home or even on the go knowing that your files are secure and there is no risk of loosing your work.

Cons

The desktop app for Google drive doesn't show shared files which makes the process of viewing shared files a bit longer because you have to log in on the browser to view shared files.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was cheaper than the alternative.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I realized that Google Drive was cheaper.

Shubham from Robolab Technologies Private Limited

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Online cloud storage at its best

With the help of Google drive, a lot more training data needs to be shared with our customers; therefore we are pretty much able to do that without facing any issues. Clients can see and use that data only which we have shared with the. The overall encryption and privacy features are amazing. Other than online cloud storage, user can directly preview the data which he has uploaded; can manage all the files and documents in separate folders. I personally use the application on daily basis in our organisation

Pros

There are multiple features that I love about the software. First of them is the privacy sharing which allows users to share with whom user wants to share. He/she can add all the relevant email ids and only those set of people will be able to see that particular data. As it is very easy to use, In our organisation we are using this software entirely when we are sharing something outside our organisation or even with our internal employees.

Cons

Uploading speed is the issue which we have felt in the organisation when uploading the data which they can work more on. They can also add more features related to image editing and conversion of file in lot more different formats. Budget I feel is more for enterprises which they can reduce to some extent or provide discount to old companies.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google provides a lot more services than only buying the product whichi I feel other companies don't consider.

Jose Humberto from supercursosonline

google drive es una excelente alternativa de almacenamiento en la nube

La información de la empresa y del negocio es más rápida y fácil, ya que se dispone de todo el material para publicidad centralizado en un solo lugar

Pros

El espacio siendo honestos en el modo gratuito es más que excelente, ya el modo de pago es superior la, es muy fácil crear y administrar carpetas para cada proyecto encriptar y solo enviar los enlaces de los documentos que se van a compartir resulta muy útil si no deseas que nadie más vea su contenido, el tamaño en MB de los archivos que puedes alojar es excelente y no hay un límite de megas en los paquetes de pago, la mayor ventaja es vincular también tus equipos móviles y programar respaldos periódicos para tu información, todo en un solo lugar, consultar, subir y descargar tu información en todo momento, vincular tu equipo de escritorio y los documento en él una relación excelente calidad presio

Cons

Con conexiones de baja velocidad es muy complicado subir los archivos, los enlaces para compartir son largos,

Integración con dispositivos Android

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Mayor capacidad de almacenamiento uso más simple y la integración con dispositivos Android

Mahmudul islam from Abdul Monem ltd.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Cloud storage options for storing my data

I am using Google drive more than 6 years, as my alternate storage option, day by day they continuously updating their service. I can store all my files in cloud and able to use from any where with all of my devices, even I can easily share with teammates. Through sometimes I cannot able to share larger files to my teammates. Other than everything is okey for me .

Pros

Google drive have excellent interface , easy to use . By looking at it , everybody will understand what to do. Sharing the files with people is very easy here, I can invite targeted user or generate custom links for sharing my files . Most important option google drive gives me that I can store , my important videos , images,pdf , directly in google cloud storage and able to track or use from anywhere. Best things google provide me, integration with so many software, it really saves our time.

Cons

Larger files sharing is difficult with google drive, cannot able share more than 100mb presentation files. Without internet connection ,I cannot able to visit my drive. Through Google drive gives us chance to connect with other third party app, sometimes I think about security also

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google drive was cheaper option for me, 1st 15gb storage is completely free to use.

Nabila from Sime Darby

Industry: Investment Management

My main software for cloud storage software

I can collaborate on my work document with my colleagues quickly and we can share files with each other more efficiently. The permission that i gave to them for the files is permanent and they do not have to ask again for the permission for the same file unlike other cloud storage software.

Pros

I really like using cloud storage as a platform to storing all my data and document as it will let me to have a quick access back to all my files and document from any of my devices. It is not restricted to a single device like a physical drive storage, but can be access from any device as long i have the details of my account.

Cons

I do not really like the versioning feature from this software, as it will not replace the original files if i am saving a new version of the file. It will only adding the newly added files and adding a numbering to the end of the files name. Other than that problem, other feature and tool is perfectly structured in this software.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is the perfect software for me to collaborate files with my team.

Shahila from CIMB

Google Drive is my choice

It is a pleasant journey for almost 4 years using this software as a main cloud storage for all my files. To upgrading the storage space is quite costly, but it is worth every penny as i really maximize all the storage space to backing up my work and personal document in here.

Pros

I really like that Google Drive are compatible with all the device that i own, and i can collect back all the data on the cloud storage really easy every time i need it, and it process it very fast. It has two option for the sharing link, one for private access or and another is for public access which making the sharing process more flexible.

Cons

Google Drive has less service or software that can be integrated with it, except for the software that is under Google. The shared files is also not placed on my storage, they has its special folder for it and it is very confusing for the first time i am using the software since i can't find the shared files.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

iCloud has too much restriction and not work really well paired with non apple device.

Luccas from Void Float

Industry: Industrial Automation

Google Drive is what most people need, and they can benefit from it!

I really love the product. Made my life much easier and less stressful. Back in the day I'd feel anxiety about something happening to the computer I was working on and losing the files and all the work I had put in my company. Google Drive made it much easier to keep everything safe and specially to share the files with my co workers and friends.

Pros

I really love to use Google Drive. It keeps my files safe, it backups my computer automatically, so I don't have to worry about the files being lost if my computer gets broken or stolen. It made my life much easier to share files with my co-workers and also big files, which were always very hard to share. It's also very easy to use and the added benefit or having Google Docs is amazing for work.

Cons

I still feel like Clew makes a better job at finding your files through Desktop, which is a software that enables your computer to have a command + space bar feature type, but for Google Drive. Also, I miss being able to connect a hard drive on Google Drive and it automatically and safely backing it up.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because Google is a technology monster, they have great servers, very fast and reliable. I also have been using gmail for a long time and I love the ease of use, so it made much more sense to use it. I just wish it was cheaper or that it had more terabytes available for the same price.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Because backblaze was much harder to use as a storage system that other people could have access. Also, very hard to re-download heavy files from Brazil.

Keziah from YFPA

Google Drive my all-time cloud storage software

I have tried different software but I always end up choosing Google drive. It's safe, comes with a huge space, and it's free.

Pros

I have used Google Drive for more than 5yrs now and I have never regretted making that choice. It has really proved to be the best cloud storage software to date. What I like most about this software is that easy to deploy and use. Whenever I upload my files I am ensured that they are secure because google has a strong security system. It integrates perfectly with other software like Google docs.

Cons

What I least like about Google Drive is how disorganized it is, when you save a document it can take you a while before you find where the document was saved. after editing a document or file it saves it as a new document again which can confuse you when it comes to uploading or sharing files.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is free and comes with a great storage space compared to one drive which one has to pay for more space.

Ricardo from The Oxford School

A great tool for backup, organization of documents and collaboration

Google Drive has help our organization to make sense of all the learning material we use across our different branches. We have managed to unify, organize and prioritize all this material while allowing our personnel to collaborate and craft solutions together. The disadvantages that Google Drive present are minimum compared with the advantage of being able to document and organize your work at a massive scale.

Pros

Google Drive is simple to use. It only requires you to drag and drop the files you need to save. If you download its desktop app, it's even easier to backup your important computer files. Document creation is also easy as Google Drive resorts to its highly integrated set of office applications (Docs, Slides, Sheets) The collaboration tools are excellent as Google Drive allows users to share the work, track changes in real time and create versions of the file at different points in time.

Cons

Copying and moving entire folders is difficult if you try to do it from the web app. The desktop app is more friendly when doing this basic task. My advise if you are going to be moving files a lot like me, is to use the desktop app for this purpose. another factor that is a bit annoying is that Google Drive is often suggesting to save your photos to Google Photos. As this service is no longer free, it will count against your space quota.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Cost and integration with preexisting tools in our organization.

Maisarah from Digi Telecommunications

Best cloud storage for storing my work

Thanks to this application, i don't have to relied on my physical storage drive anymore as all my files can be easily accessible form the internet. All the experience that i have with this application for almost 5 years is very positive.

Pros

This software is the main application that i use for storing all work related document and files of mine. The main reason for it is, their security is one of the best compared to other application and the process to sharing and sending my files and document to my colleague is very easy and not confusing at all.

Cons

I don't like the versioning control of this cloud storage, as it won't update the document to the latest version, but saving it as a separate document. It will add confusion for me as it will take some time for me to search for the latest version of the document and error can be happen here.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is more cheaper option to add more storage size to my account.

Chanaka from Self Employed

Industry: Civil Engineering

Best cloud storage and sharing portal

Overall Google drive is a highly useful cloud storage and file sharing method which is available on any platform. With many higher security for files and lower price range, google drive is the best cloud storage facility for any google user. Also with the support of other google applications, google drive can be used by any professional to work effectively while saving both time and money. I would recommend google drive to any professional out there. Personally my daily work progress is stored and shared online using google drive and it's quite easy to manage.

Pros

Google drive comes with free 15 GB storage which can be upgraded highly for a small price and can be used as a cloud storage. Greatest feature I love about google drive is it's already synced with google services like Gmail, google forums, google docs and google classroom. As most of professional users use Gmail, file sharing and syncing became quite easy using google drive. Being able to access google drive via laptop, mobile phone or many other devices is another feature which increases the value of google drive. Also google drive provides higher security for files using link sharing or limited access option. With the recent updates not only storing but editing capabilities are given via google applications which is a life saving option for many of us.

Cons

Main disadvantage I saw in google drive is that unlike file sharing platforms as mega it's slower in some areas and have limited download ability. Also currently google drive file support for larger files is quite low.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google drive had more attractive features and more storage. Also extended support given by other google applications is the main reason I chose google drive.

Noorhidayu from KPJ Healthcare Bhd

Google Drive is seamless

Pros

We used it to operate a file-server at most of our offices and advise employees to back up important files to it. We now use Drive, which has proven to be quite beneficial to our company. Individuals can securely save their documents on google drive for teams regardless of where they are.

Cons

I'm not sure if it's a software issue, but I'd like to be able to map drives without using up hard disc space. This may be available, but the last time I tested it, my hard Drive was completely full and i had to stop testing it. Other than that issues, i don't think i have encounter other problem while operating this software.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

WeTransfer can not storing my files for a long time and it will delete it after certain time.

Zuhairah from Shopee

Cloud storage is easy with Google Drive

Cloud storing is a must have in this era, and this software has provide me with the best cloud storage that anyone can have. I am really glad to have use it.

Pros

Storing and managing all my files and media like photo, video document with this software is very effective as it has the search feature that can find back all my assets in the storage. Sharing my files with other user is very easy as it only need me to add that user email and give them access to the folder in my storage and they can access it anytime they want.

Cons

The only cons that i see in this software is, it do not has tools to add password to my file. I need to give access for the files that i want to share, and it will be impossible for it to have a public link with password protecting it.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive work well with my smartphone and my tablet.

Juan Manuel from Melezca

Store files easily

My user experience is very good, I use it daily to store all kinds of files, it has a very simple and clean interface and its office suite is very simple and easy to use. I did not find anything better and with greater functionality

Pros

Part of the Google package, it offers a good amount of space and not only serves to store information, it also allows you to use its "Office Package" to create various documents. It has a very good sharing permission system that, together with its modification log system, are one of the tools that I use the most every day.

Cons

As against, I consider that if you save many files, in not long time you will reach the space limit. The positive is that the first account upgrade costs 2 USD per month for 100GB, which is not expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We made the change since the Microsoft interface seemed uncomfortable, it offered less space and they still did not have the online office enabled as today

Said from UBBJ

Storing important memories

I used it as a teacher and as a student and it seemed like one of the best platforms I found to make and receive document deliveries. Being a google tool I find the task quite easy

Pros

Using google drive allowed me to more easily share my folders and school documents as a teacher and as a student. One of the best tools it has is to be able to manage my content for other people as a viewer and editor, so I can collaborate for something like a project or simply to deliver a pending task. Sharing with links and directly to youtube or gmail is what makes it much easier to use.

Cons

The only bad thing I could mention is the capacity, but that's fine since the price for more storage is not high.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

In my university everyone occupied Google so I needed to adapt my emails to everyone's

Riyasudeen from Ajmal Perfumes LLC

Google Drive Review

Google drive is simply awesome when syncing between devices, sharing files with the use of a link, collaborating with a team, but as an user I expect an additional layer of security for few highly important file. But overall its a very good product to make your life simple in handling files with a decent price range.

Pros

The most impressive feature in this software is Google drive for desktop sync, it automatically syncs the new files which I create and edit time-to-time into the cloud, so I can easily use the file which I edited in home and again back in office without any extra effort.

Cons

When sharing files highly important file, I expect an extra layer of security by giving a shared key, so no one can open that file apart from the one who has the key.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because the global brand and the features available over the others

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Expected a more convenient, ease of access tool which is recognized globally

Sal from City University of NY

Long-Time User Not Going Anywhere!

I have used Google Drive for many years now. I have found it to be very reliable, safe, and secure. I have tried some other web storage programs, but I have never liked them nearly as much. Either they were far more expensive, had clunky, unfriendly interfaces, had lackluster security, or required additional apps. Google Drive does everything I need it to.

Pros

The ability to access my files from anywhere with both reliability and security make Google Drive my go-to for cloud storage. I have stored files both professional and personal on Google Drive and have never had any kinds of issues with losing documents. With the backing of Google, Drive is always available and, in my many years of using Drive, I have never seen it have any down time. Generally, Drive is a drag-and-drop website. It's easy to quickly upload files and the desktop app works well, though I generally use Drive through the website. The upload times are usually very quick, though this might vary based on your internet connection.

Cons

While Drive is overall very good, I do find there are moments, especially in large folders with many documents, where the program can hang for a moment before it loads. While this is generally not a problem, an improvement would certainly be welcomed. There are also some occasional moments when uploading a file that the upload gets "stuck" and I have to reload the page and attempt to upload the file again. Like previous issue, this is not often that it occurs, so it is more of an occasional mild annoyance than a real bug, and I cannot entirely rule out something with my own device being the issue.

Mark from OKC GOOD Inc.

Google Drive, the backbone of multimedia file management for my nonprofit

I can share videos that I produce with clients anywhere, with a few clicks. I know how long uploads take, and can often send the folders with the videos to the clients while the files are still uploading, and then move on to my next project (Because Drive generates the folder link so quickly), this is very handy. My overall experience with Google Drive has been that it is of critical importance to my work. I've built my whole workflow around assuming Drive will always be a click away, and will always have a streamlined process for me to upload and share video files. It has allowed me to streamline my system of sharing, and has saved me many hours because it works how I need it to.

Pros

Google Drive is intuitive file management. My organization does video production for many local nonprofits, and I am uploading and sharing Google Drive links to video files nearly every single day. The way files and folders are organized is better than any other services out there. The files also load and process faster than other sites I've used. I'd say though the MOST important thing for me is dependability. Drive always works, and I need it to. It's the backbone that holds my organization together when clients need video links sent to them so we can communicate about feedback.

Cons

I have gotten used to the different ways to access my Google Drive folder "home" page on the web-based side, so I am used to how it is done, however, I wish it was a little easier to access the web based end of the system. I also struggle sometimes to see the size of space (in MB or GB) taken up by any given folder. When I need to clean up space, it would be better if I could immediately see what folder had how much file space being used. This is probably my main complaint. Often the "size" line next to the folder does not show a value.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I was familiar with it. Google Drive had always worked well for me on the free version, and it was a no brainer to upgrade to the paid as my business expanded. As I said before, it then became the backbone of how I share all video files online with clients.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive was affordable for the 150GB of storage that I needed, and it was already integrated with my gmail, and was also faster and more user friendly.

Sasania from Continuum Global Solutions

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best Cloud Storage Software

Google Drive is one of my most used and appreciated apps/ software and that's simply because of how easy and convenient it is. I wish I had relied on using it as soon as I started university because it would've saved me so much stress. All throughout university I was using a really old laptop that was very low on space, literally I'd have less than 1 GB of storage free and of course that would not allow me to download all the files and documents I needed for school. I'd have to use a flash drive and that's too much of a risk because that can easily get lost or stolen and then I'd be back at square one. Anyway, after years of just having my Drive as a souvenir, desperation led me to check it out more in detail. Of course I knew what it was for but I didn't think it would be practical for documents I'd be using everyday. Boy was I wrong! Since I have a phone with a large enough storage capacity, I decided to download my documents to my phone and then upload them to my Drive so that I could access them on my laptop. That was the best thing I ever decided to do! I now had easy access to everything I needed; have a translation due (I was a language student)? I could easily edit on Google Drive by creating a Google Docs file and access any pdf handouts that I needed to aid my work. It made the transition into my final semester a whole lot better and that's why I find this software perfect, especially for students and business professionals.

Pros

The first pro is that the user interface is very easy to maneuver. By simply looking at the icons/ options available, you will know right away, how to use some basic features it has to offer. You can get access to your documents/ folders across your devices once you are logged in with your Google account. This is particularly helpful when you're away from your laptop, for example, and you quickly need to access a document; you can easily do so on your phone or tablet. You can easily organize your documents into different folders and that's such a breather for someone who has OCD, like me. Easily share your files and give others access to your work. This is especially handy when you have group presentations and classes are virtual. If you're using the Google Docs feature for example, you can see what your teammates are typing in real time and so it replicates the feeling of literally working together. That's amazing! Another feature that I really appreciate is that any changes that you make to any of your documents is automatically saved. This has saved me on so many occasions. There have been instances where I'd be writing/ updating an important essay (through Google Docs) when the internet/ power goes, but because every change that I made leading up to that point, was constantly being saved, I could easily continue working offline without losing any parts of my work. These are a few of the advantages that I can speak on when it comes to using Google Drive.

Cons

There aren't many cons that I can think of based on my own personal experience. The only thing I could consider a con is that you need to have a steady internet connection for any changes or updates to be synced and accessible across your devices on which you are logged in. Other than that, all I've had are good experiences with this software.

Frederico from helPC

Most practical application within the cloud storage segment.

Despite the cons, overall it is the most complete and integrated application on the market. It meets the needs well and is easy to manipulate, after getting used to the format and dynamics of the application, everything is much easier, of course it is important to have a good internet link for those who travel a lot of data daily and use the desktop or file drive version stream that optimizes a lot at work.

Pros

Very practical and intuitive application. I advise using it with the file drive stream, it's like a HDD on your machine and greatly optimizes the work both for uploading and downloading files and making backups. Simple integration with various applications of everyday use making every job much more profitable.

Cons

When sharing files with other users, due to LGPD, if you delete a file or directory that you have permissions but are not the owner, the files all go to the root folder of the file owner's application and it becomes a complete mess. Another point is the lack of additional settings in the trash, that when deleting without cleaning the trash, the space is still used and there is no way to delete without sending to trash. The same goes for applications that don't use the web version, they lack many features that they have via browser.

Lina from Freelance

Accessible, cheap and easy to use.

I think this is such a great file storage service. It is seamlessly linked with my email, and easy to operate. The interface is very familiar and it is very affordable. Moreover, I love that it has a free option, that is fairly big and never expires.

Pros

I have recently switched to paid service, as I ran out of space. It was such an easy transition and I believe it is really inexpensive. My main email is gmail, and I love that these work together seamlessly, e.g. if I have a large file to attach it just does it. I also love that it has a free service option, up until recently I did not need more space, and by the time I decided to upgrade, I had a total trust in this product.

Cons

I think it's a bit annoying when I want to download file, it automatically zips it up. I work with large images and the file compression takes so much time! I wish it was an option, because so often I just go to the folder and download each image individually to skip the compression step. Also, I think it's a UX flaw, that when I right click on a file I need to download, 'block user@email.com' and 'download' are next to each other in the column! Mistakes is just waiting to happen, and I might not be able to notice that.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Dropbox has a very uncomfortable interface compared to google drive. Also, seamless integration with my email.

Kyra from Gold Rush Subaru

If you're not using Google Drive you need to

Google Drive is one of the easiest most user friendly products I have ever worked with. I have never had a problem with using Google Drive or any of their software products, so much so that I have never even contacted customer support or thought about it! Every time they make changes they update you and do a little walk through as soon as you open it up. This is something that is super helpful for anyone who is hesitant about a new update or getting started. Sharing, receiving, and editing documents has never been easier for me. As someone who is constantly using Google Drive I will always recommend it to anyone who isn't using it. The best part is as long as you have an account you can share with anyone...and its hard to find someone who doesn't have a Gmail account! 10/10 is what I would rate Google Docs I have tried to think of things to change or that I am not a fan of and I can't come up with any because that is how great it is.

Pros

Google Drive is something I have been using for years now. Every job I have had has used Google Drive to share documents with everyone. What I liked most using google drive is you can share it with unlimited users but can change everyone's access. For example my team and I share many documents with people but we make sure we are the only ones who can edit it, as the others will just have permission to view and/or comment. This is so helpful because you can keep track of what's being changed or not have to worry about someone changing something they shouldn't. Another amazing feature is how fast everything can be created through Google Drive any kind of document, PDF, Spreadsheet, Survey form, etc. all can be created within minuets. They layouts that they have already preset as an option is what makes starting whatever project so much easier.

Cons

The thing I like least about Google Drive is in order to access Docs, Spreadsheets, or Forms from the cell phone you have to download separate apps. This is only because the customers that I work with aren't always the most tech savvy so to download a couple of apps or to make them do it can be kind of tricky and a learning curve. This is me being nit picky though, because there is not a thing I would change about Google Drive. It is so user friendly and easy to access and move around in that I don't know what else could be changed to make it better!

Alannah from Home Works Media

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Google Drive is a time saver!

I LOVE how even the free version has word, excel and several other programs available to use for absolutely no cost! This was so helpful as a broke college kid!

Pros

I love being able to easily access my files anywhere I go. The offline feature is great for books or long documents. I especially like being able to edit papers last minute or have colleagues check my work or just to share documents with eachother. Its our digital filing cabinet!

Cons

I did not like how sometimes files don't convert correctly into Microsoft software, ex. Word, Excell, PowerPoint.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Majority ruled, all of our staff were very excited to make the switch!

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google is much more user friendly

Jermian from digicel

Industry: Computer Hardware

very important application

Pros

In general Google drive is an exceptionally valuable distributed storage and record sharing strategy which is accessible on any stage. With numerous higher security for documents and lower value range, google drive is the best distributed storage office for any google client. Additionally with the help of other google applications, google drive can be utilized by any expert to work adequately while setting aside both time and cash. I would prescribe google drive to any expert out there. By and by my every day work progress is put away and shared web based utilizing google drive and it's very simple to oversee,

Cons

I can't think of anything that would make me choose to use other software its the best at what it does.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

because google has always been my go to company i love their products

An incredible tool with limitless storage capacity

I've been using Google Drive for 7 years. I can easily access drive through the google account and utilize my files from anywhere. My overall experience with Google Drive has been incredible.

Pros

I loved the encryption security of google drive excessively. With google drive, we can synchronize our google account across the entirety of our gadgets and work from any place. The sync backup is a lifesaver for me. We can easily download and upload the files with google drive. Sharing files with others through the google drive link is the easiest and secure. We can easily categorize files or images by creating folders. It provides 15 GB of free space for storage. We don’t need to spend a lot of money if we are enough with little storage space.

Cons

File downloading speed is exceptionally poor on Google Drive, downloading takes plenty of time, and in some cases download crashes and needs to begin once again. Internet connection is needed to exploit every one of the components accessible on Google Drive.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is free and provides an incredible extra room contrasted with one drive.

Crystal from WayPoint LLC

I'd be screwed without it.

I use it not only for my personal files, but to run my business as well. I trust this software.

Pros

I can access it from literally anywhere. It's secure and doesn't cost me an obscene amount of money each month. It's easy to share files, no one can just access my files without it telling me that they are trying.

Cons

I can't think of anything that would make me choose to use other software

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google has a penchant for file security, and I trust that. I'm aware that literally anything online can be hacked, but given the options, ease of use and relative security, I choose Google.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Drop box was not cost effective, and very buggy when trying to link to other systems. Integration into my files system was also laggy at best. One drive screwed me over entirely. I got hit with ransomeware on the last windows machine I will ever own and it got into my one drive. It tanked everything. Things from years ago that I had no way of replacing. I had back ups of my files, but those got tanked as well. I will never use windows or one drive again. ever.

Mellen from Philippine Normal University

Google Drive saves my day

Google Drive is a very helpful tool in saving, uploading, and editing my documents. It automatically saves everything while ensuring that my files and documents are safe and protected. Thus, Google Drive is a hero that saves me everyday.

Pros

What I like about google drive is it is free. I can create an account by simply signing up. I can upload, store, and edit my documents with no payment. Also, the app is perfect for collaboration. My colleagues and I can work on a document either by working together or offline. Another thing I like about Google drive is it automatically saves everything. I don't have to worry if the internet connection is fluctuating.

Cons

What I like the least in this software is that it only offers a 15gb limitation. Once the space is already used, you have to pay for additional storage. But of course paying for additional spaces also gives you the opportunity to save more documents.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Both Google Drive and Dropbox have the same functions. However, in DropBox, the free storage is only 2gb, which is far lower than the 15gb offered by Google Drive. Also I find Google Drive as more collaborative than DropBox.

Raj from Madhav Alloys Pvt Ltd

Industry: Mining & Metals

The largest virtual pen drive to store and retrieve at will!

You will never have to worry about keeping your data with you all the time. Google Drive makes it possible to access your files from anywhere. It is a straightforward software that silently works in the background.

Pros

1. It is user-friendly software to store your files online so that you can retrieve them from virtually anywhere in the world. 2. It automatically syncs the files for your chosen folders. 3. You can start work on a laptop, update on mobile, access on iPad and so on. The list goes on. 4. You can quickly see activity and notifications to check if all your files are in sync or have any issues. 5. Even when the network connectivity is not stable, you can access all your files from the local folder. 6. You can set up a new account quickly and start working. The sync goes on in the background without disturbing you. 7. You can pause syncing to save data, especially when you are low on data. 8. You have the option to stream or mirror files or even choose which files or folders to make available offline since streaming uses less disk space. 9. Google has substantial brand equity in the market and offers the best user interface for almost every software. 10. You can infer from the colorful logo that you are online, and all files are synced.

Cons

1. Sometimes erratic networks may hang your files longer than desired, and you may not work smoothly. 2. The free storage space is limited and fills up quickly. 3. Large files may eat up your data quickly without your knowledge, especially on metered connections or countries where internet data rates are high. 4. Google drive is known for extending shutdown and startup times, especially on the Windows platform. 5. There are safety issues about sensitive data in your files.

Yassine from CreativeNextGen

The most trustworthy cloud storage provider On the whole

I first used Google Drive about more than eight years , and thus far my experiece has been outstanding. Using Google Drive as an IT Manager has helped me immensely. Especially, I was able to finally relax, because I knew that I wouldn't forget any of my documents, and they were all safe and secure. I use my phone as a mobile camera, and because it has an SD card slot, I do not need another SD cards. There have been times when my computer has crashed and deleted files that I saved to my hard drive, but this has never happened because of a software error.

Pros

Overall, I had a great experience using Google Drive, and I'd like to suggest it to others who are open to using a cloud storage that is almost completely reliable. As a bonus, Google Drive gives us 15GB of free cloud storage. While being an IT Manager, I am regularly required to deal with confidential documents which are hard to be saved locally because of the risk of being transfered to a third person. eight years ago, I came up with the brilliant idea of using Google Drive as my cloud storage. My worklife has become a lot easier and I don't have to worry about it anymore. My needs are being met by the useful features for free that Google Drive provides. My favorite feature is allowing people on my team to view our Google Docs, PowerPoint documents stored in the cloud. I can grant edit privileges so that the changes can be implemented, and by looking at the log files, I can keep track of any changes made to any file. When it comes to sharing a file or even a folder, it is quite simple. All I have to do is right-click, I'll be given the option needed. Those who work with me do not possess the necessary technical know-how.

Cons

The syncing feature synchronizes my data across devices and services that I've connected to like Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and WhatsApp to automatically back up, and store my data daily. The disadvantage is that it is a little slower than other sites to upload larger files, and also it depends on the speed of the internet connection. It's sometimes difficult to tell which files I've shared publicly and which ones I've saved only for myself. There are no other issues with Google Drive that I'm aware of.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Why Choosing Google Drive: There was simply no other option. Google Drive was the one and only option that suites our need because the other options weren’t as collaborative as Google Drive. Moreover, they lacked the standard Google suite services, which would have complemented the storage and promoted collaborative efforts.

Muhammad from YouTube, Fiverr, Upwork, Guruji

Best cloud storage and file sharing service ever i saw

My overall experience with google drive is too good because I'm solving a lot of business problems with google drive. I'm collecting emails through the google drive form for email marketing and creating an excel file for future use. I'm also using google drive for hosting purposes because I can't afford any paid service so google drive is a best option for me. I'm doing blogging with blogger and storing files on google drive for my blogger followers. Moreover, I am also low on PC memory, so I am also using google drive for storing my personal data because google drive is highly secured and our data is totally encrypted. And I have no afraid of getting my data leak. So I can continue using google drive without getting into trouble. Also, I am thinking of buying some extra storage on the device for business purposes. If you are thinking of a free cloud storage server or hosting server for small projects up to 15GB, Then i will highly recommend you to start using google drive and you will get a lot of benefits from this. You can store your personal data without any hesitation and can access your data anytime you want. So google drive is the best option for beginners and for experts too.

Pros

I liked the encryption security of google drive too much, and I have no word for the server downloading speed of google drive. When I use to share files with my clients through a google drive link, I always found them satisfied with my service just because of google drive storage. My 30% of clients are only working with me just because I have a good storage site for them and they can access their required files just by a single link. I am a big fan of google drive forms. Google forms are helping me a lot in my blogging site, I am using the contact us form and information collection form for my blogger site through google drive forms. I can easily read the responses of my blogger followers through a google form. Google drive has default templates for forms like the contact us form and inform collection form. Folder management is also a great feature of google drive, We can create folders on google drive just like we are doing on our system. We can rename files after even storing them on google drive. I have a great album folder on google drive related to my family memories videos and photos, and still, google drive is working well for me. So I liked encryption, Downloading, and uploading speed and form of google drive too much.

Cons

if you are going to delete our files, you must let us know that our files will be deleted within the next specified duration. But google drive has no system like this, I shared files with my client by storing them on google drive. But when my client tried to download the file, it showed "we have removed the item because it violated our policy". I think this is not a good algorithm, Google drive team should let us know before this deletion so can backup our data and can store it for future purpose in another format. I hope that the google team will work on this and shall improve this feature. There is an error too, when i use to upload files it keeps shows me "some features are not working, You are offline". While youtube and other blogging sites are running at a good speed. I don't know why it is happening but it can't be neglected. Please google drive team review this feature and make it good for me. These are only two issues I'm facing otherwise I have good experience with google drive.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I lost my one-drive account password and I was unable to gain access again to my account. That's why I lost the whole data I stored on one drive and from that day I started using google drive.

Joel from Joel Jordan Photography

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great tool, great features, but not competitive wth Amazon Cloud

Overall, I've really been pleased. It was the best product on the market until they changed the way your photos are stored.

Pros

Excellent speed and reliability for uploading and downloading large quantities of large graphic files. I have a great deal of confidence my files are safe and secure.

Cons

The unlimited photos feature is done, and now uploading images takes up space on a subscription based plan. I have 10TB online, and my 2TB plan doesnt cut it. Thankfully, the 10TB was grandfathered in, but moving forward I will be using an alternate solution. That is, until the unlimited plan comes back.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I have since switched back to Amazon due to the pricing structure.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

For a time, I though Google Drive was going to be the solution I needed. Amazon had a rough start with their plans, but they have since discovered users need unlimited photo storage. I will probably switch back to google if they offer unlimited photo storage again in the future.

Hanny from HM Engineering LLC

Most impactful software for a small business

Google Drive is being used to share and edit documents between employees of a small company. It is an excellent product.

Pros

Google Drive does many things well. 1) Using "Backup and Sync," Google Drive allows for synchronization between a Windows folder and the Drive website and phone app. 2) Google Drive seamlessly integrates with Windows as a directory without the need to open an app or website. 3) Documents can be shared and edited with multiple users concurrently.

Cons

There is a difficulty in managing shared documents in Windows. When a document is shared by someone else with you, it appears in the "Shared with me" section in the Google Drive website or app. However, it does not appear in the Google Drive directory on Windows. That means that I am forced to use the website or app for those files. This is a frustrating limitation.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive has a better integration across multiple users and devices using Windows and Android. The price for 100GB was slightly less expensive with Google Drive than Microsoft OneDrive.

Serena from Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

An old friend forever

By the way, I've been using Google Drive since I got my first smartphone, and I wouldn't change it. I prefer working WITH MEGA at the same time, just because I feel confortable with it. Also, I remember I used Dropbox nearly 7 years ago, and I feel Google Drive really replaced it. It's been easier to use, organize and share, and give us a really confortable way to work in groups. Every Android has Google Drive downloaded, I mean, you can't just ignore it so, why not to use it?

Pros

I think is an easy way to save all our documents, and it's easy to organize. You can create folders into folders, change names, also colours (it makes me easy to move around all the stuff I've got on my Google Drive unit, and I think the most important, share with friends giving permission tu edit, comment or just watch. It's interesting how the app connects the submitting of an .doc or .xls (from Office) to Google's Docs apps, so you can open those documents there, online, editing (even with friends) and save again. Also, the capacity of Google Drive is not the best, but is not bad. 15 Gb are enough for working on many things, but if you need more space you can buy.

Cons

Although I never needed to pay for more space, many times I was forced to do a quick cleaning of my unit, specially because it shares the same memory for Google Photos, and I have my back-up on so my G-Photos is always working. I think that if Google would give us those two apps with independent system of capacity that would be more confortable. TIP: if you want to save money you can try MEGA, with their 50Gb for free. But I only recommend for documents you don't need to edit, just for saving and sharing.

Muhammad Zubair from Emaxis Online

Industry: Computer Hardware

Google Drive - Store and Collaborate with Ease

One of the best tools available for team collaboration. We don't have to worry about data loss, any thing we edit online is instantly saved in cloud storage.

Pros

Google Drive is an efficient data storage portal by Google Inc., anyone can have a basic Google Drive by creating a Gmail email account. Google Drive comes with a sleek interface, which is easy to navigate through. Drive can be seen in "Grid View' by default, but you can also switch to 'List View' easily. The 'Activity' feature provides in depth details and history of actions performed by you on a file or folder, this feature helps you to keep track of activities performed on a file or folder either by you or anyone else having permission to access the data. Any file or folder can be shared with your team members or clients to work collaboratively. You can even share file links and send forms with to whomever you like to. The most intelligent feature of Google Drive is that it contains a whole bunch of productivity tools, few of them are Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms. These online productivity tools are free to use, just upload a file and start working on it. Be it a smartphone, Windows PC, or Apple MacOS, the Drive works efficiently across all platforms with no strings attached. simply, download Google Drive app or open the Drive in a browser, all you stored data is in front of you to work on. Sync your device's folders with Google Drive to automatically upload your data to into the drive with an active internet connection, you and your team members can easily access any uploaded data if permissions are given to them.

Cons

The storage capacity of Google Drive is shared with other online Google apps, all apps across Google's network consume Google Drive storage pool to store data, which requires further buying of premium Google services to get more storage. It requires an active internet connection to update Google Drive files and folders. Google actually analyzes your stored content for marketing purposes, and this applies to all across Google network. File downloading speed is very poor on Google Drive, downloading takes a lot of times, and sometimes download crashes and has to start over.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive is simple and many of our clients use Gmail as their primary email, therefore it was our business's demand to keep up-to-date with our clients all the time.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We need a simple platform to perform tasks along with our team, so we decided to use Google Sheets for dynamic updates online. OneDrive has limited capacity, and requires paid subscription for productivity tools such as Office 365, but Google Drive provides it totally free.

Andy from Andy Sorenson Music, LLC

The best solution for remote collaboration!

It has been incredibly helpful in countless ways. We use it daily and our uses of it are always expanding. It keeps a large team of people on track no matter where they are and makes our work much easier and more fluid!

Pros

Google drive has proven to be the best platform for remote collaboration of all kinds. My company uses it to store and share files, work on documents in real time while everyone in a meeting can view and edit the document simultaneously, share files with clients securely, backup documents, schedule meetings and events, and so much more. All of it is in one place which everyone can access via their phone or mobile device. Such a great platform that makes remote work so much easier!

Cons

Sometimes the sharing can be a bit challenging to learn for people new to the platform. It requires security checkpoints (which is a great thing) but they can sometimes make it difficult for people to access things until you know how to assign the proper permissions to each file or folder.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We chose Google Drive because they offer more storage space for less many than many of the competitors and most people use a gmail account so it integrates seamlessly. People without gmail can still access any files shared with them as well.

Steve from Ellis Taylor Marketing

Best Of The Cloud Storage Services

Simple, easy, quick. Honestly that is huge for me. I own several companies and work with a lot of different people with different needs yet Im always having to share files and sometimes very large files for video editing and Drive has always come through for me.

Pros

- Ease of use - How well it integrates into Mac OS - How I can still create share links quickly and easily from my Mac - The cost of the service is great value

Cons

I find that when Im deleting files or moving files etc. it becomes complicated as to if they are really deleted or not. So I find myself running out of storage and not knowing why. This could absolutely be user error here and I haven't had this issue as much lately but it is annoying when it comes up. Another issue I have is how Google organizes everything in general. I run 3 different companies and have several clients I am constantly sharing files with and I don't like the way it mixes Google Docs and Google Sheets with Google Drive. It makes sense in theory but I wish there was a better way to keep it all organized. Maybe there is, again, could be user error.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Dropbox was just too expensive and annoying to use in my opinion. I was constantly getting hounded to upgrade my storage, I go so many notifications about changes to files (which can probably be turned off so take that with a grain of salt), and it was too expensive. I think Dropbox is a bit more polished in terms of the UI and overall look but Google Drive meets all my needs and is so quick and easy to use and on top of that its very easy to share with people who don't have it.

Kevin from Height Advantages LLC

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Best Way to Track/Organize/and make sure your information is secure in the cloud.

Overall, we found that it is a crucial software for our business. We share files with clients and share with team members. This way we can make sure to have everything under one software and stay organized.

Pros

First of all it's free up to 15 gigabytes. That is a huge bonus (the files storage size) and it is easy to set up use for collaborating with multiple members of my team.

Cons

Since i'm in the film industry we need more than 15 gigabytes and even with our photo production, we find that we have to upgrade to the enterprise plan that gives us terabytes.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We wanted something under all in one "roof".

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We needed more storage than dropbox offered at the time.

Ross from Pandora

Great storage/collaboration SW for both personal and enterprise use

Great for a 100% backed up data between a computer and the cloud, total freedom from accidents / local data corruption. The integration across Gmail, Calendar and the amount of 3rd party integrations is what makes this product a natural selection for almost any tasks. There's a notion that MS office (especially on prem) might be a better fit for compliance-heavy, risky legal projects. Not sure it's not an urban legend and would recommend challenging that assumption.

Pros

1. Very robust storage solution with no downtime and intuitive syncing capabilities - set it and forget it, it becomes just another drive on your computer. 2. Collaboration tools allow real-time editing with multiple people in parallel for all the important type of documents - spreadsheets, docs and slides. 3. Other features that stand out: a large initial free storage amount, easy version control and excellent commenting capability that allows following-up, assigning as a task, etc.

Cons

1. Can't use multiple google accounts for offline access (only one at a time) - might not be an issue if only one account is being used. 2. Unfortunately there's no tabbed navigation functionality in docs. In MS office there's OneNote that has the best in class tabbed navigation, which makes it easy to manage multiple docs grouped in an intuitive manner. The only way to address it in google docs is by managing folders, which is suboptimal.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google drive is so much smoother, more polished, more functional (faster, less bugs)

Hiran from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

A cloud space where the user can upload, store, view, edit and download the documents.

The great cloud space with storage solution with other functions like sharing and editing the file.

Pros

The user can create a folder and create a subfolder and upload the files. The user can sort the folder and file view based on name, last modified, last modified by me, last opened by me and storage used. The Google drive can sync with mobile and computers by installing a drive on a computer which helps in getting back up and syncing the files. The drive helps the sharing the file and folders with other google drive user by tagging them. The starred option helps the user in accessing the folders and files quickly and easy. The Google drive theme is available in dark mode and light mode. Cache size can be set by the user up to 1000 MB. The basic version of the drive is provided with 15 GB of space.

Cons

The upgrade of the drive for storage is pricey need to introduce a more flexible plan. The transition between the folder and tabs is a bit slow but smooth. Other google drive user can share and tag any other google drive user without their permission that is quit not professional.

Secure and Sync All Files in a Single Drive

Google Drive has never failed me and has been saving me every time I need a copy of a certain file. I just have to check it online and the files I'm looking for or the ones lost in my hard memory are available in Drive. Now, I always tend to save separate copies online so I never have to worry. Most importantly, I have the option to share and connect them on my personal platforms.

Pros

Anyone on the internet can secure or save a copy of their own files and sync them in computers or mobiles through Drive. There's a My Drive section containing all the uploaded files of its user and under it is Shared With Me containing all the files shared to the same user. There's a Team Drives section when subscribed to Google Workspace comprising for organized filing of team projects/ works. Google Drive is the most popular and easy-to-use storage solution— for documents that we need to access anywhere online. Its ever prevailing presence on the internet is strong, in line with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Photos, Calendar, and so on, that many people still prefer this file saving and syncing tool. It's also the most convenient since a lot of people online are signed in to their Google Accounts every day. I've been essentially using Drive for backup purposes, remote file management, and for the accessible viewing of digital files. I can also collaborate with contacts readily using its in-app or add-on tools, like for grammar edits, tracks, and translations. When clicking a file or folder, details and activity can be seen along with the views, comments, and edits from people I choose to have access to. A file will update automatically when I upload a file with the same name as the original. I can also opt to go back to the file's earlier upload versions. I haven't experienced a data breach thus far, since they always provide security notices.

Cons

The 'Make available offline' option for mobile access of files is very useful when I'm not connected to the internet, but I hope the offline functionality will be made available for PCs too. Unlike OneDrive, Google Drive isn't linked to my personal hard drive or my Windows, perhaps, I must get the desktop app or always stay online. The control for share and links needs further improvement. The automated sharing link of a file/folder is long and uneditable, only the 'Restricted' and 'Anyone with the link' are the options in the link-sharing and they both require Google Accounts, the deletion and accidental transfer of file is also bound to happen if people who have access are assigned to 'edit' file/folder. I personally think that the interface is all over the place and is not as compact and elegant as Box App. The Google One plans are also pricey, considering the consistent payment for limited terabytes of file storage. But if safekeeping digital files while online, collaborating with colleagues seamlessly, and querying for professional support is of great importance to you, the upgrade will be worthy.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It's been used by many of my peers and I've been using it for so long where most of my important files have been stored.

Filestream for nonprofits is a must in a remote work environment

I love this product. I live in fear that Google will stop supporting it. It's so well integrated with Windows, and is free for nonprofits registered with Google. We keep ALL of our documents digitally for free through their service. It's truly amazing.

Pros

Filestream integrates perfectly with Windows Explorer. I LOVE that I can access files on my computer that are on the shared drive in the same way I would access a file in MyDocuments. It's 100% seamless. I have never in the 2 years that we've used this had an issue accessing anything.

Cons

You do need to be careful about deleting things from shared drives. It's very difficult to get back something once it has been deleted.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google's is fully free for nonprofits.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It wasn't integrated with Windows Explorer, and the upload and not everything was easily accessible remotely. It would only partially upload files to the remote server.

Emma from Beaverdale Eye PC

Who needs Office honestly? Not me.

I have used Drive for years as a student, a creative and a business professional. Drive provides the best free experience out of every program I've ever tried. Over the years, Google has done an excellent job furnishing Drive with everything users need, updating and improving as necessary. Drive is consistently well made and easy to use, and I love that I can store my documents securely and access them offline if needed.

Pros

Drive offers multiple essential programs for businesses and students. Drive allows you to easily access and organize your materials. Drive is easy to use and understand and has many features that provide users with the best office/learning experience. Drive also provides users with free storage space and offline mode, which push it ahead of the competition in my opinion. Plus, everything is linked right to your Google account.

Cons

While Drive might not provide as in-depth an experience as Microsoft's programs, I find that I have never needed or missed whatever extra features Office provides.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Drive is free and provides me with everything I need to complete assignments, work on creative projects, and organize my materials. Having access to multiple programs within one suite without having to purchase software or download anything is so nice.

Ruben Francisco from MLC Comunicação Visual

Practical and easy to use and manage.

Google Drive can help me to create my Thesis with the help of my colleagues and professor to develop and improve it. It's very intuitive and it helped and helps a lot with my docs, presentations and above all with my polls for my diverse researches.

Pros

Google Drive is an intuitive platform, it can be accessed every where if there is internet, it doesn't need to install any kind of application, and it can be accessed by anyone anywhere, a very useful aspect for those who usually vary from computer. Google Drive has the ability to edit multiple documents together. When creating a document, you can share it with other users and give them the ability to edit it. It can manage the versions of editing by them. It allows offline editing of documents. Google synchronizes the existing documents with the computer and when recovering the internet connection, it updates the editions that are stored in the cloud again.

Cons

Internet connection is required to take full advantage of all the features available on Google Drive. Without it little or nothing is done. It's confusing understand that the ability to edit multiple documents together comes to be a con, because the fact that other people edit your document can make them “own” it. What does this mean? That the less understood "owners" can delete something, even if accidentally...but this is a minimal disadvantage since version control allows you to find out who did it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because it is more intuitive and easy to learn and manage it.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 23,429 reviews