Google Drive

Google Drive Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love that I can store and organize files from all of Google's suite of services. I love that it backs up to my physical computer."
  • icon"The personal data and all the files are safe now because google drive is the best platform. I am very happy to have it."
  • icon"It has a Google Docs integration which is perfect when you share too many documents. I like that you can edit online and the 15g of free storage."
  • icon"Also, sometimes when I uploaded files from my phone it took forever to upload and it stopped, giving me errors. This was a while ago, but it happened for almost 3 months and it was quite annoying."
  • icon"It can sometimes be a little confusing to organize and the kids I work with have trouble loading documents to it from chrome-books."
  • icon"Google changed the quotas for my available data storage which required me to archive my Google Drive content or I was in danger of my Gmail and other services losing functionality."

All Google Drive Reviews

1-25 of 25,733 Reviews

Stacey

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Must Get !

Samuel

October 2022

Collaboration platform useful for teams in different countries

Excellent experience with google drive and the associated docs, sheets and tools. It has made collaboration easier and the additional space and business functions afforded to charities to free to an extra bonus for us.

Pros

The key feature that makes google drive better than other cloud platforms is that everyone can access it without needing to download software or even have strong internet connection. Its offline functions are super important for working with teams in the field who are able to work in remote locations and upload reports when they are reconnected.

Cons

The need to have my collaborators also have a g-mail account to access is a little time consuming in order to set them up with the account first. But now everyone has g-mail and google drive access our team is able to collaborate much more smoothly

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

To foster collaboration with people outside of my organisation and to better work with my teams overseas who do not have good internet connection.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Glass cubes prevents external organisation collaboration and the security system is a barrier to collaboration. Also Glass cubes is a lot more expensive compared to the free service offered by Google Drive.

Federico

May 2022

Excellent product for sharing and manage documents!

It is a great product, compatible, easy to use and reliable so far.

Pros

Google Drive allows you to have free storage, it has a great compatibility with every phone, tablet, computer, and any other device we tested, the refresh rate is almost immediate, easy to understand user interface, preview of almost all file types and some security features.

Cons

As any other cloud services it has security risks which needs to be carefully managed, there is a size limit which can be managed with the paying subscription, it requires internet connection, the uploading-downloading can be slow depending on the internet connection and file size.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Because it has better compatibility features than the other products,

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google Drive shows more compatibility and better security.

Rafael

December 2021

The most popular Cloud service, not for much time...

I have had a good experience, it's easy to use and you can acces from everywhere without any problem

Pros

I like how easy is to acces and upload yout documents

Cons

I don't like the interface and the place where sections are placed

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Because i've tried OneDrive and it has a friendly interface, also is easier to use than Google Drive at some sections

Joas Andrito

Is Google Drive a better choice for Cloud storage

the experience is indescribable but if I'm to put into words it's "worth trying" try it out and you won't regret

Pros

before you even signup for any Google Drive plan you will get a free 15GB storage lasting for a lifetime, but also it's easy to use with a very friendly user interinterface

Cons

you need to be cautious though Google tries its best to make Google Drive secure but you should know that, it's not 100% secure from hacks but follow security guidelines in order to minimize the risks to be hacked

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Because of its pricing plans, but as well as more other options such as the ability to instantly store or save your Google Docs, Google sheets and lastly on top of that Google Drive gives to all its users 15GB for free which believe me i would it is rarely seen elsewhere.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Dropbox's pricing is just insane for me it wasn't a convenient option, but also in order for you to integrate other products such as Google form which is a very essential web app that are frequently use, you will need a third-party app such Zapier, and that's a "NO" for me

Georg

Seit der Umstellung mit den Shortcuts ziemliche Probleme

Eig. ein gutes Tool, aber die Sache mit den Shortcuts war mehr eine Verschlimmbesserung. Zumindest in einer Windows-Filestruktur sollte der logische Ordnerbaum auch im Pfad abgebildet sein.

Pros

Gutes File-Sharing Tool und vor allem das Scannen von Dokumenten funktioniert recht gut.

Cons

Immer wieder ändert sich der Client für Windows. Seit kurzes wurde auf Shortcuts umgestellt. Dies erzeugt unter Windows ungewöhnliche teils nicht mehr zusammenhängende Dateipfade. Das macht sehr viel Probleme.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Die Dokument-Scan Funktion war besser.

Bessere Dokumentscan Funktion bei Google Drive

Jason

Industry: Architecture & Planning

July 2022

Google Drive

IF your business is conducted mostly on your phone, then Google Drive is definitely a go to for all documents and cloud storage needs.

Pros

Its very easy to use. It stores all your documents from your Google account and android products. It works flawlessly with all Google and Android products.

Cons

The free trial only offers 15gb of storage.

Natalia

Industry: Law Practice

May 2022

The safest place for your files.

I have been using drive for years to store important and sensitive files. It allows me to organize them in folders very quickly. I have also adopted using Google Docs and Spreadsheets, which I am in the application most of the time. It has helped me get organized and work more efficiently. Without a doubt, it was a very important tool to work on projects with my colleagues remotely, the suggesting mood of google docs is wonderful. It is a great tool, vital to save documents and share them whenever you want.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, and that you can organize all your files however you want. Sharing documents and having control over access is very simple. Besides, Drive allows you to connect with almost all google tools and many more, which is a big plus. You have everything in one place. Their autosave tool has been very helpful.

Cons

I have no complaints about drive. I just emphasize that the storage in its free version is poor.

Nisha

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

December 2021

Poor for use by bigger teams

Document sharing and content management

Pros

Ease of use, integration with calendars, and other Google products

Cons

Real time editing and reviewing is tough. It is tougher to integrate with other applications. Also, archival and record retention is poor.

I did not

SARA

Industry: Music

Great for File Sharing and File Loss Protection

The overall ease of access and sharing on Google Drive makes work easier. Files are protected, easy to organize, and easy to access. Having essential media files backed up in case of a computer crash is paramount to the protection of hours of work as a musician. Losing hours of work is devastating and attempting to recreate the material from scratch is extremely difficult. Every musician knows it is essential to back up your files!

Pros

Google Drive is a service that gives you a large amount of free space (15 gigabits) and additional storage for a monthly fee. As a musician, I upload files onto Google drive to share to my bandmates and anyone in the world. Beings that media files are typically large, the benefit of a large amount of storage for a small fee is a great value. This service also gives me peace of mind that my files will stay safe in the event of a computer crash (files stay on the cloud). I can share access to my Google Drive so the rest of my band can access entire folders of files.

Cons

The compression of the files can lower the quality of the media.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

The size of the Dropbox Mobile app was impeding on the overall functionality of the operating system on my smartphone, and did not offer the ability to move to SD card or alternative storage. Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.

August 2022

A market leader with its own limitations

Simple and smooth. You install the client, choose what folders you want to backup and can view (and edit!) from any machine via a simple web-based interface. You can also access files from a second PC, although the process is not as simple as it used to be with the old "backup and sync" client that Google decided to ditch one year ago. You can easily share individual files with your contacts (read-only or with edit privileges).

Pros

Drive is powerful, cross-platform and flexible: you can choose what folders you want to backup and share on the cloud and change this easily over time. Also, the PC client accepts multiple users, so you can have a Drive access for personal files and another one related to office ones.

Cons

As is usual with Google, they change the rules after the game has started. First photos did not count against your storage limit, then they did. First you could use a simple and effective "backup and sync" PC client, then you had to migrate to a more cumberome "Google Drive" client that is not as flexible as the previous one used to be, etc. But overall the service is cheap and robust, if you don't mind being taken "hostage" by their marketing/technological changes from time to time.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Drive looked (and still looks) more flexible than OneDrive and more reliable than Sugarsync

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

OneDrive is cheap but rigid. Also, I don't want Microsoft to have too much control on my PC.

Kim

Industry: Law Practice

July 2022

An exquisite cloud storage platform.

Overall my experience with Google drive has been wonderful and I'm quite pleased with its performance for business use and personal use. It's so convenient that we don't need to set up extra accounts or learn to use a whole new brand. Google drive is an affordable and effective cloud storage solution. It can hold large files and different file types. However, if you need extra security this product may not be the one for you.

Pros

I most enjoyed the reasonable price for business plans compared to other products. You get a much better value for money especially for the amount of storage space. Google Drive is the most easy to use cloud storage software that I have experience with. Every function I use only takes a few (or one) simple steps. If you ever do need help it's quite easy to find answers online or you can contact customer support. It's very simple to share from Google drive as well. Again it's just a few simple steps. Personally I like all Google products and I enjoy the way all of them are set up.

Cons

While it's great overall, Google drive just lacks some of the more advanced features that are provided by its competitors. I would like to see more business tailored tools and customization. Tragically, Google Drive just isn't up to par on security and encryption levels for us. We handle documents that need to be kept in a very secure (and reliable) place. When we revised our goals for security and privacy we had to ditch Google Drive.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Google drive was affordable and we had already implemented the use of other Google services.

Jakub

May 2022

The still evolving cloud storage

I moved to Google Drive from other solutions because it started to feel mature in around 2014 and am happy since. There is of course the privacy issue/question with Google.

Pros

Being a part fo Google ecosystem it is integrated very tightly with other apps and android phones. Installing it on any device and computer is super simple. The setup is a breeze and then it just works. No configuration needed. Unless you want something special like rename the default location of your files.

Cons

The app installs itself as a virtual hard- drive, which can be annoying if you have OCD and only want to see drives you have in real. So there always is a Google Drive icon on your desktop or explorer. If you want to move or rename the folder you sync your files automatically to it is not possible. This task requires a little tweaking a you knowing what you are doing so you do not accidentaly loose some of your files. There is no local (delta) syncing of files over local network - everything must go through the cloud. From one device to anohter - even if they are next to each other.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Google Drive offers a "streaming" option of files to your local drive. Basically it only downloads files from the cloud which you really require. This saves valuable HDD space on your machine. Can be slower though. Other Cloud drives did not offer this at the time I started using it.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Price - Sugarsync became pricier. And the speed - Googles servers were faster so the file transfer went quicker.

Miguel

October 2022

A must tool for any business, excelent for file management in the cloud and file sharing

Right now I keep all my files on the cloud, Google Drive changed the way we share files and edit them.

Pros

-Many platforms have built an integration with Drive so you can save things directly in the cloud or import directly.-Permissions-Integration with Pabbly Connect

Cons

I can't think of something I don't like about Google Drive right now.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was more intuitive.

More people that I worked with use Google Drive

Kyle

Fantastic product

Pros

I love the high storage capabilities and the file sharing options. This works great for sharing files across my business.

Cons

The look of it still feels a little old school.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Cheaper and easier to use with all google accounts

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

I trusted this new software more and it was cheaper

June 2022

Great cloud file storage for sharing and collaborating with others

Overall, we're able to collaborate better and work more efficiently using Google Drive.

Pros

I like the overall UX and functionality of Google Drive. Especially if you're already using Google Workspace apps, Google Drive is the best place to keep and share your documents.

Cons

I don't have anything I dislike about Google Drive's functionality. It keeps getting better. Probably more storage space will be great.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

We were already using Google Workspace apps.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

We were already using Google Workspace apps.

Javier