All Google Workspace Reviews

Allen

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Google Workspace Review: All Of Our Favorite Tools In One.

Stephanie

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Smooth, Scheduled Workdays

As I stated earlier, I'm so proud of what I've built and what I've accomplished through my online business. I have come so far and I genuinely wanted to rate Google Workspace because it's become so critical to me. I depend on it like I do my doctor. It tells me when my appointments are, when a file is done copying, & so forth. Thank you Google.

PROS

I am habitually lazy and I procrastinate worse than anyone I know but ever since I've started my own business, I've been able to keep those habits at bay thanks to software like Google Worspace. I LOVE the calendar, the real-time updates, collaboration, third-party integration, & especially task management. Without that, my business is lost. We use this software hourly. It's critical to my business!

CONS

I feel like they could make it more simple to work offline with your documents. There isn't exactly a moment I'm offline generally, but there are sometimes unexpected outages. Either way, there's really nothing negative I have to say about this software.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Microsoft Word is so difficult to work with & make integrations to that I went out looking for other software.

Jen

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

"Worth the Price", I keep reminding myself...

My relationship with Google Workspace could definitely be described as "conflicted". I love many of the features, but other aspects, such as trying to understand their instructions and the added fees to add extra domain names, frustrates me.

PROS

What makes me stay with Workspace is the extreme capacity for file storage (you get much higher limits with a paid Workspace account, vs their free Google Drive accounts), and easy management of sending/receiving emails with one of my domain names. I appreciate how easy it is to send and receive email through my primary domain, and I like the ability to share a folder between my multiple Google email addresses. I am a "solo-preneur," but since I have many projects, I have multiple emails, and it's nice to be able to access the folder from basically every email address I've shared it with.

CONS

I really want to give Workspace higher reviews. What stops me? A few issues: 1. The fact that to add each additional domain name is an extra $12/month. 2. They say alias domains are free; they essentially redirect to a primary domain, or any other domain you've set up in your organization. But thus far, I have set up several and cannot get a single one of them to actually work. I keep getting "undeliverable" notices. 3. Their instructions are absolutely NOT "user-friendly". I dread looking up instructions on how to implement anything in Google Workspace, because their dry instructions were apparently written with the assumption that everyone reading them is on the same level of knowledge that the coders were.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

I have heavily considered switching to Titan Email, as I was offered a low-cost trial to this through my domain registrar. However, Google is more familiar to me (even if, as they say, "familiarity breeds contempt"). I appreciate the aspects of Google Workspace that I use regularly, and don't want to trade one set of problems for other problems another set-up might potentially cause me.

Alexandra

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Great One stop shop

PROS

I like how everything is under one system and links instead of utilizing different systems.

CONS

I don’t like learning the different tools of how to use Google sheets

Annalisa

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

GSuite Makes Process Collaboration Easy

That being said, overall, GSuite is one of the most-used tools by me. I work with data sets, creative projects, photos, and more as a Social Media Coordinator and Admin. My joint-role means I'm working on a lot of different kinds of projects, and my fast-paced timelines means the consolidation of tools in one place makes G Suite super appealing and efficient. Highly recommend.

PROS

It's so easy to collaborate with GSuite. Just this week we kicked-off a complete overhaul of our processes due to retiring staff, and desire for standardization. I'll focus on Team Drives, and document sharing: -With GSuite, we set up a Team Drive that all staff have access to. It's easy to find when you click Drive, right there under your personal drive. -Using Gsuite allowed not only our manager, but also staff, to create folders as buckets of processes. For example, we use Slate, and an older CRM system, Banner, which each have wildly different levels of technical execution, but are used at the same time. Our staff just dumped a bunch of individual processes which we can now view, edit, and share back as the standardization process continues. -Easy to see who made edits, and when. So, if we have a question about a process line, we'll simply look to the edit, and can easily track and clarify questions. -GSuite does, however, have an incredible range of tools, which are all equally visible, editable, and sharable. One of the most values tools I use at work.

CONS

There are only a few cons about GSuite. -In Google Sheets in GSuite, the organization and visual user interface is not optimal. Because whatever was just edited shows up at the top, there's no way to predict a good method of searching for documents. -GSuite in general has this issue with visual user interface among projects, including Sheets

Humberto

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Collaboration and agility at work

Collaborative work would not be the same for the organization without this suite, the security and great capabilities that we use throughout the years of use generates great confidence in its use, its innovation and continuous development has been vital to support the growth of our organization.

PROS

The large number of tools they have to collaborate in real time, in addition to their laboratory of new functionalities that does not stop, their versatility and ease, all these aspects make it a great tool for the daily work of the organization.

CONS

There are few things I don't like about the tool, but one of them is that they don't have a tool that is as used or popular to compete with the project management solution.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

The easy adaptation of the organization's users is one of the factors that most influenced the choice of this solution instead of others.

boris

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Google Suite: strategic ally in performance and productivity

In my working years I find it to be a friendly tool that is easy to use and the collaboration it allows within a company is very valuable. In our company we have Google Enterprise and it allows us to enhance the suite and enhance the development of our work.

PROS

Google Workspace provides a suite of cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools, including Gmail, Drive, and Docs. It offers efficient communication, real-time collaboration, access from anywhere, robust security, integration with other applications and automatic updates, improving business efficiency and collaboration.

CONS

dependence on Internet connectivity and data privacy concerns.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

- licensing costs - storage capacity in relation to costs - Graphic interface - Easy to use

Konstantin

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Good collaboration platform

PROS

Google document generation, editing, and collaboration features work fantastic! Handy calendar and Google Meet collaboration feature! It is easy to schedule and attend a remote meeting with colleagues. As an administrator, I like log management and investigation tools. It is very user-friendly and useful.

CONS

Configuration and setup for different features are not so friendly. For example, anti-spam configuration is really hard and not obvious. As far as context-based access rules.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

Google Workspace is more convenient than MS365, and we get great discounts from Google.

Cristian

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Excellent alternative for work

I must make reports on students and connect to meetings with networks constantly, with Google Workspace, I can do this easily and quickly by just connecting to my account, since just by accessing it I can make reports online, store and share files, do collaborative work in preparing reports for courts, make presentations to present at talks with parents and of course, connect to meetings with different networks.

PROS

In general, everything related to Google is easy to use, you do not need extensive learning or prior knowledge to be able to use and take advantage of the different Google Work tools. Furthermore, if you don't know how to make or use any of the tools, it is as easy as using the search engine and you can access videos and tutorials on how to use the different tools and get the most out of them. In my particular case, I like to be able to have all the tools in one place and linked to my work account, since this way I don't have to go from program to program and I can access all the content easily.

CONS

I have nothing I can say against Google Workspace, since it contains all the basic tools that I use on a daily basics.

Diego

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

An innovative collaboration platform

I have been using them for 10 years at a corporate level and I have had an excellent experience, it allows collaborative work to be more fluid and the interconnection of work teams is appropriate. The features that you add over time are very useful to improve daily activities.

PROS

Integration between all Google products, they have a modern and very intuitive look and are constantly being invaded by adding new features

CONS

I don't like that I can't make a voice call (without video) directly from Google Chat. some products are not available in Colombia (google voice)

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

Modern collaborative experience, innovative features and value for money

Ninon

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Google Space, the easiest way to work

I use it everyday at work, almost every different aspects of it and I am very satisfied of my experience. As a tool of work, it was very easy to learn how to work with it !

PROS

It has all the aspects needed in a job, especially in terms of organization and communication. The chats, and meetings are a real plus. It is always easy to use, to access and it gives a lot of possibilities for team works to connect.

CONS

It is very sensitive to internet connexion, which not always very convenient.

Sherlock

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

My Kindly Reviews of Google Workspace

PROS

Set up domain mail on Google Workspace and transfer or share files easily.

CONS

Docs created on Google Workspace may not fully compatible with some formats like docs from Microsoft Office

Rodrigo

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Very good, stable, but expensive

We have used the company for several years, without major frustrations. As I said, some functions are missing, we need to think of it as part of the office, with everything you would try to manage on the intranet, it seems like something standing in the way between an intranet solution and a collaborative solution. Although I don't like this form of operation (maybe if it emulated another sharepoint it would be better), I never changed it, despite considering it sometimes, precisely because it is difficult to find a competing service that manages to maintain the same connection and operation stability. It is very rare to find bugs, just as it is very rare to be down. We use it mainly for: saving and backing up files, exchanging files between employees and third parties, exchanging and permanently storing e-mails and docs a little to create documents and spreadsheets or forms to create quick satisfaction surveys for our customers. Google sheets doesn't compare to a local office, basic functions are missing, but it's great for editing a document quickly and sharing. We have already used support, but support is weak, information is lacking and is often time consuming to return. If you can't handle self-service well, this is not a service for you.

PROS

The best thing about the G-suite is stability. You know that it will work, you know that it will have no bugs and that you will not lose files on the drive or gmail. And it's fast.

CONS

Some features take time to appear, perhaps it is the price to pay for stability, but in general there are improvements that you don't use, and basic improvements that never arrive. For example, on the drive you still can't use folders as easily as you do in your computer's file explorer, useful panels are missing information. Another problem that I consider serious is the lack of a part of the drive that is "online only" controlled by the administrator. As it is today, it features a temporary drive for common files, because if I put backup files, client spreadsheets and sensitive data, I always know that they are also accessible from my computer or cell phone, but I would not like these files to be "loose" around. If you lose your phone, good luck trying to delete files remotely.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

In our evaluation, Office 365 proved to be unstable, I cannot trust important company documents to a service that has already lost and corrupted files on my One Drive, or that failed to synchronize. Dropbox was incomplete and very expensive at the time. We have currently done other tests on this service and it is incredibly slow, and even more expensive. Visually I sympathize more with the dropbox layout, it is more pleasant to deal with, but slow and expensive creates more problems than it solves. We tested the option of placing a VM on the web with open source software, but again the problem was making a technician available to maintain security + update + backups, it proved to be the most expensive option of all. In conclusion, we opted for the G-suite there at the beginning for years, and with each revaluation (the last one in 2019), we keep G-suite. Full integration with android also helps.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

We initially used self-hosted solutions based on open source, but that made it a sacrifice to manage and maintain security and backups. We tested Office 365 for a while, but from both our experience and that of some customers, this service was very unstable, often causing emails sent and received to disappear. Antispam was no big deal, either. When we tested the G-suite we never changed it again, even with its flaws it is still the best.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

A Necessary Tool for Doing Business

I've been a G Suite customer both in my personal life, self employment ventures, and all the times I've contracted with companies. Over time I've pushed away using Google's proprietary tools (For example, I'll utilize a different email platform but hook it into G Suite), and I will admit there's a serious disappointment to be had when it comes to integrations with "Smart" devices. G Suite will remain a constant part of my life, and it scales well whenever I've had periods of needing additional accounts/storage.

PROS

G Suite is intuitive, and merges well into the workflow for users who've already been using Google products. It doesn't take much to tweak it a bit though it's often a good thing to restrict people to the environment they (often) grew up using.

CONS

The walled garden which is Google becomes G Suites strongest selling point and also it's greatest weakness. Some organizations may not find this meets their needs, and while it's not specific to my use-case everyone should evaluate if G Suite meets their compliance needs. I also will say the admin panel is a bit simplified in comparison to what IT professionals may be used to (this might just be me), though it's improved with time.

It was familiar.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

It started (like with so many others) that I needed a business domain, and grew from there.

Ryan

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

G Suite for Team Collaboration

Fantastic. It hits all of the options I look for in a product; Ease of personal use, ease of collaboration, reliability. I have never had an issue with G-Suite that I haven't been able to solve or get an answer to within minutes. I have never had an issue retrieving or sharing a document from the Shared Drive and editing with coworkers is absolutely flawless and simplistic.

PROS

It's extremely simple to learn with little to no direction at all. Everything from mail to creating and designing documents whether it be alone or live with another team mate is extremely simple to accomplish. Storage and retrieval of docs within the drive is also extremely simple and reliable as well.

CONS

I think one of the major hurdles a lot of people have consistently is understanding the Google process for saving a document or saving it to your desktop. It's a very different process than we are used to with typical Microsoft Office products that we learned on. Another issue I see people having is understanding how to share a document on the Drive with someone outside of the organization. Although this is a simple process, I think the directions should be clearer for new users.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

I made this switch as I transitioned to a new company so I didn't have a say in the matter. Both products present major positives and are incredibly useful, I however, prefer G-Suite.

Rebecca

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

A very multifaceted tool

Our company uses G Suite for email, calendar, Google Docs & Drive, Google Voice (occasionally for sales efforts), etc. In general, it works like a well oiled machine. It is great for managing teams. Also, with my account synced across devices, it makes working from anywhere seamless.

PROS

I like the many layers of customization and the various tools available as part of G Suite (Workspace). I like that I can easily manage the accounts of all Users as admin, from resetting passwords, to creating new accounts, to terminating accounts. I like that along with email, we have the calendar, and the larger Drive Storage. I like that I can do attachments up to 25mb and that Google will convert anything over to a link. I like that searching is very easy and, as creepy as it is that Google can read text in photos, I like that it helps me to find things no matter the format it is in. I like that I can turn off Conversation view (which I hate). I like that I can customize my inbox.

CONS

I HATE that when I, as admin, delete a user account, it doesn't automatically prompt me to download an archive of their email history. I wish that when deleting an account, you could set up email forwarding for a set amount of time. I hate that when I do download an email archive, it is in a file format that I cannot find any way to open. I hate that when I create an event in the calendar, it automatically creates a Hangout link (which confuses people if the invite is for a Zoom meeting - they use the wrong link). I WISH G Suite had more integration with Google Places/Business. I have tried to talk to G Suite support about issues with our business listings, but could get no help.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Years ago we used GoDaddy for our email service. It was part of our website hosting package. The transfer to G Suite worked well and we are very happy with all the added features under Google.

Philip

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Good Business Collaboration Platform

Good collaboration suite, we were able to get it online quickly. Most features we needed were available out of the box with minimal setup time. Since most of all users had used gmail before it took minimal training/hand holding to get things going.

PROS

Google has built a powerful and easy to use business collaboration platform. Almost everybody has used gmail at some point so it’s easy to get used up and running quickly. Platform handles most of our collaboration needs out of the box with minimal setup time.

CONS

Email and file management are its strong points. Real time chat and messaging feels like more of any afterthought. They’ve got a long way to go to catch up with teams or slack on that front.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

Had more users who had already used gmail, it was also a little cheaper

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Wanted to move email into the cloud

Shaunak

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Now google services enabled for enterprise.

I and my teammates have used Gmail and google applications since childhood, let it be Google Drive for cloud storage or sheets for excel files, and so on. We are always addicted to the simplicity which google brings in for end customers like me. Earlier we used GSuite for that and recently it has been renamed workspace. My college also used Google Workspace and provided us with email on their domain with unlimited drive storage. Earlier emails were used to sign in to Google Chat, which is not inbuilt and many new features have been introduced, like status of being available, busy or away.

PROS

I know pretty much all people will agree with my point that we always wanted to use professional and personal email in GMAIL, and now with Google Workspace that is possible right? I love the ease of working with an inbox of Gmail, much more than Outlook or any other enterprise-level mail client. Now with Google Workspace, administrators can host an email server on google and enable our favorite Gmail with a custom domain. There are various plans which allow up to unlimited data storage in drives with the most loved Google SSO. For those who don't know SSO, it is a service of Google that enable users to use all google applications like sheets, docs, drive, email, spreadsheets, etc via a single email id. Google Workspace was formerly known as G-Suite also. So if you use a chrome web browser, all applications will get auto-authenticated from the profile used in sync.

CONS

There are no cons, Google is working and developing their suite rapidly as compared to Microsoft, so we are okay with little hiccups. But they should provide some free tiers as well, for small-scale industries, this will bring more business to them because habit is the strongest key to customer acquisition. I belive if you use their services once, there is no going back. But for that there should be some trial or free subscriptions with limited usage, so that people can try.

Reason for choosing Google Workspace

As I mentioned many times, I have been using Google's Gmail since childhood, if professional email can be used in Google services, then I would love be in same sync, this is why recommended GSuite (Now called Google Workspace)

1 employee