What are Adobe Commerce users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Adobe Commerce software through verified user reviews

• icon"Its a good e commerce platform competing with some big apps. Its from Adobe so providing good services."
  • icon"Varnish for caching is a MUST and easy to setup on Magento, that's what I like most, because for big scale projects caching and performance is always required by default."
  • icon"This can be incredibly helpful for a smaller company that wants an enterprise-level eCommerce platform, but has a smaller budget."
  • icon"This put us behind schedule with our new store roll out because we ended up wasting time fighting with the system when it didn't seem necessary."
  • icon"The process of integration with some external software can be difficult. The first time in Magento was a bit difficult to navigate."
  • icon"But this can also leave your store open to being accidentally messed up by an employee that hits the wrong button."

Browse all Adobe Commerce Reviews

• Have you used Adobe Commerce and would like to share your experience with others?

Ansh

Magento Good Platform To Design And Develop Website Easily

Magento is the oldest platform for a business website. Before Magento, we were using WordPress for website development but after getting some hacking issues in WordPress we used Magento for our client business. It is easy to use and manage user management in its admin panel. In magneto, we can work on a product catalog to manage product content, configuration. Magento provides complete sale detail about business products and analysis business growth.

Pros

Magento is the best solution to design a website quickly. It is a secure and customization eCommerce template to set up products details, Prices, Image. We can add multiple products according to business requirements. It provides a lot of templates design to change website design and functionality. If you need to create pages and posts we can work with the admin panel and complete tasks easily. No hard coding is required for website development. Admin panel of Magento is user-friendly easily set up meta tags, robots, and other digital marketing tasks. It is good for business and we can create large websites.

Cons

In the old Magento version, we face lots of customization issues but in the current version of Magento 2.4 we can easily set up products and SEO tasks.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento is secure and manage heavy website. In WordPress if you create large website then it takes load to open.

Amiel

Industry: Tobacco

Magento 2.0 Review

We are extremely happy about this software. We have developed a fully functional CRM system together with a beautiful website -> no link but you can search Mike's Cigars and check it out yourself.

Pros

The biggest, most robust but most importantly Open Source e-commerce software out there. The only limitation is your imagination...

Cons

Developer's cost is really high unless you can afford in-house dev team like we do but otherwise, your budget will most likely be blown way before you finish your project.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

The rest of the products we compared did not offer the deep level of customization we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Our old system was deprecated, the software updates were really hard to apply. PCI compliance was hard to pass because of the old software and plug ins.

Rhiannon

Community version is the only affordable option for a small business

I started out with Shopify, as recommended by my IT, but I’m really thankful I moved over to Magento community version. It costs more to buildup front, but the money I put into it is mine to keep in that I pay for a module once, and not on a monthly subscription. I also have complete power over my data and can change hosting as needed. My accountant tells me there’s more resale value in a Magento site as such. There’s a much bigger learning curve with Magento, but the sheer power, vast features, and total flexibility for outweigh any cons.

Pros

Magento is an incredibly powerful tool. I investigated all the biggies in e-commerce when making the decision which one to implement for my store and magento came out on top each time. Everything is customizable and if something isn’t in the settings, there’s literally a module for that or one can hire a dev to build a custom module. Scalability is not at all an issue in this platform, which means you’re growing pains in the future. There’s nothing worse than putting in $100,000 of development work on a site that is obsolete in a few years. Unlike other platforms like Shopify and Woocommerce, this option has a more professional look and is a far more robust system. It’s also less likely to be used by scammer sites (Shopify is loaded with fake sites and the company doesn’t do much to stop this fraud.) The Magento dev community is strong and there is a lot of support online for newbies like me who have questions.

Cons

The enterprise version is insanely expensive. Not only do you pay a monthly fee, but the modules themselves cost double to three times more money than their community edition counterparts. The enterprise version doesn’t give flexibility of hosting providers and support only goes so far until we have to hire private devs for custom work. With both enterprise and community versions, Unless someone is well-versed in PHP, you’ll be forking out money for developers.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento has far more functions, features and options out of the box than anything else. The database is robust and the system has been around long enough to know it’s not going to close shop any time soon.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Shopify support was absolutely terrible and literally left me in tears by how I was treated by the support agent, who refused to hand me off to someone else. The only way to get the site to function as I needed it to was to throw thousands of dollars every month at various subscription based modules. They really nickel and dime their clients. Thankfully, Many of the features I need it came automatically with Magento community edition.

Samantha

Good software for larger businesses

Very time consuming, I would not recommend.

Pros

You can customise this software very easily and the cost is low compared to others.

Cons

The constant need for updates, makes this software unsuitable for a small business. You need a dedicated IT department to keep everything up to date and secure.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Thought it would be cheaper alternative.

Jeff

Industry: Veterinary

Works but Insanely Hard To Customize

We ultimately have decided to make the decision to move on from Magento Commerce because the hassle in customizing the platform. Our company has specific functional needs when it comes to ecommerce, and we're constantly having to not only implement and upgrade those in Magento, but ultimately upgrade and fix each time Magento comes out with a major release.

Pros

Out of the box, Magento promises to deliver on its core promise - to add products to a catalog, sell them online, and ship out effectively.

Cons

Our business requires many areas where we need to customize our technology in order to do business more effectively. We tried, many many times, to customize Magento to our specific needs, and the more we went down the rabbit hole the harder it was to not only implement but maintain longterm. Eventually, it becomes pointless to effectively grow when your technology hinders your progress.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

We thought Magento would be able to give us more specific customization options with products, checkout, shipping, and customer data (searching and reporting).

Issrrael

Useful tool to handle B2B commerce

It is very consistent, displaying useful features, easy to manage it.

Pros

The layout is friendly, each features working fast and easy

Cons

I would like to be able to sync it more platforms like google sheets

A decent e-commerce management software with great customization option

While I think we are due for an upgrade, we couldn't simply and easily leave Magento since 85% of our business relies on this tool from customer management, inventory, to order management. Should we decide to migrate, it would take a lot of time to dice and splice the functions we built over the years and put it to another system. It's an old and trusty tool.

Pros

Magento simply does the work from uploading a catalog, managing inventory, managing customer and subscription information. It has a good feature set which anyone can build upon depending on their needs. It has a great community support and the API works well with other common business tools.

Cons

Code clean up isn't as easy as we thought it will be. It may require a dedicated team to handle development and troubleshooting. The interface isn't really built for customer support people.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

It's not expensive and it has the baseline tools we need that we can build upon it vs paying a lot where some or most features go unused.

Great For Larger Businesses

Mostly positive. Any obstacle can be overcome but still if I didn't need the bells and whistles I would go somewhere else.

Pros

Magento is open source. You can add anything you want there are an unlimited number of developers and extensions available and with Magento 2 the code is more regulated. It is very easy to scale.

Cons

Time intensive. For anyone who doesn't need frills Magento is a hassle. It requires constant care, constantly has performance issues and you always need to work on those. It's a highly used platform that is always open to attacks and so security updates need to be done regularly by your in-house or outsourced IT team. It's a lot of work.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Shopify didn't offer many options that were important to us at the time. For example multi select layered navigation. good filteration and multiple warehouse management.

Fabian

My Magento Review

Magento is the future of online shopping. You can truly customize your shop for any look, feel or functionality you need.

Pros

I could customize my online store to look the way I want it while giving my customers the online shopping experience they deserve. The reviews extension really helps with building credibility.

Cons

I found that starting to use Magento was extremely overwhelming. I had to spend hours just setting up a few features that I needed.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento was cost effective versus shopify yet provided great functionality.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

I needed a more professional and intuitive platform which allowed multiple integrations with third party products.

Greice

Greater security, stability and customizations

My experience, with a customized products website, is the best possible, after everything installed I never had any problems with updates or conflicts.

Pros

MAGENTO provides a system that is the most customizable, stable and secure. Integrating it with your add-ons is easy and hassle-free. Of course, to have it all, you need a robust hosting that is consistent with the system.

Cons

Because it is more robust and requires a higher quality hosting, we also have a more exclusive product without the appearance of sites made on other systems that are all similar.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Greater security in finalizations and payments.

Ryan

Industry: Security and Investigations

Comprehensive and powerful e-commerce software

We've been using Magento for our company website for over 4 years. It allows us to easily showcase hundreds of products, while making it easy to update and maintain.

Pros

It is packed with features. I have used it for years and I still don't know all of it's capabilities. If you're looking to do anything with an ecommerce site, then magento can deliver. There are numerous free and paid extensions to expand the capabilities. It's very easy to code, so hiring a programmer for custom work is cheap and easy as well.

Cons

The learning curve is moderately steep, but it's nothing insurmountable. It just takes some practice and patience.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Easier customization, better security, more features, more robust

magatte

Magenta: The best CMS platform for e-commerce sites

MAgento CMS has many flaws, which must be corrected as quickly as possible. Another software like prestashop is much better than it. You can easily interact with customers, and you can also send automatic e-mails to customers. The customer positioning feature allows you to configure the relevant product set for each customer group. You can integrate fraud detection tools to minimize the risk of fraud from customers or suppliers. It allows administrators to easily customize its management interface. If you can avoid Magento, it's very good for you or your company.

Pros

The best CMS platform for e-commerce sites. It contains huge functions. Although I don't know all its features yet, I use it often. If you want to do something on an e-commerce website, Magento can deliver it to you. There are many free and paid extensions to extend the features. It is very easy to write code, so you don't need to hire a programmer to use this CMS for a great customization job.

Cons

It is a frequently used platform and always vulnerable to attacks. As a result, both in-house and outsourced IT teams must perform regular security updates. I think there is a version of Magento that has been discontinued, but for small businesses, you almost need something that can give them complex community publishing features, but it can be exploited by Magento. In the next few years we have to decide whether to stay in Magento or move, Shopify offers a very attractive hosted version.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Prestashop is also one of the very good e-commerce platforms, but PrestaShop has almost no free plug-ins, most of its plug-ins and themes are paid for. PrestaShop is simpler and easier to adapt than Magento.

Luca

Platform lacking in basic functions

Pros

Once all the configuration aspects have been resolved, the platform is working well, it suits for big projects with many SKUs.

Cons

Configuring the platform is frustrating, it needs high skills and is very poor in basic features. You need to install many extra modules and this could make you lose speed and stability. Magento is only for PRO users with high economic resources.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

one of my customers wanted the ecommerce with magento.

Ashwani

Good Ecommerce Software with Powerful Interface

Pros

Administrator- Features availability for admin is very good and if you are used of it then you can get each and every bit of data whatever you want to extract.

Cons

Biggest problem with the software is its complexity. If you are beginner then it is very difficult to understand the structure of its panel. Also plugins customisation seems to be very tricky. You have to look for many options if you want to explore this.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento is more secure as compared to Woocommerce. As in woocommerce plugins are created by normal users it leads to security concern as it is easy to break through the security.

RAMAKANTA

Best Ecommerce Platform

Overall, Magento is a very good platform for me to start immediately an Ecommerce site. I have many clients and i have done very good design works for them over Magento. Easily add features according to client specification, very high secure and fast site.

Pros

Magento is a very good platform to make eCommerce sites easily and a lot of features inside it. Easily create a layout, adding multiple languages, adding manual codes easily. Apart from that Magento is a free platform to install it to server and start a website easily. Magento is a highly secure and fast loading site. Easy SEO platform.

Cons

Magento is a very good platform for Pro-Magento persons. But if you are a new person and plan to start magento then it'll take more time to know about the features inside it.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento is a free platform to start an ecommerce site easily. Magento is a very reliable and easy to handle with out any cost. With some development and design knowledge a person can handle Magento sites.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Shopify is also a very good platform for Ecommerce sites but Shopify charges monthly subscription. Shopify is more easy than Magento.

Emeka

Industry: Wholesale

A Robust Ecommerce Content Management System

My team used Magento to build our B2B ecommerce platform, and that helped us to get seed funding. It could have been more stressful to build the ecommerce website from scratch, but Magento eased off the stress appreciably.

Pros

Magento is a Content Management System (CMS) used for building ecommerce websites. I used Magento when I was part of a team that were building a B2B ecommerce website. Among the things I love about Magento include: 1. Ability to have multiple user accounts for one store: When I was working on the Ecommerce platform, there was a need to onboard merchants on the platform. The products to be onboarded were quite much and could have been very tedious for one person to onboard all of them. Thanks to the ability to create multiple user accounts for one store while using Magento. This helped to limit the stress. 2. Availability of themes and plugins; Magento makes use of themes and plugins for customisation. This is a beautiful feature as the theme allowed my team to make necessary changes so as to make the website as we desired. The plugin allowed us to add functionalities to the website. Among the functionalities that can be added include invoicing, delivery, etc. 3. Open source and free to use: Magento is an open source software and it is free to use. There are many free themes and plugins one can start using to build ecommerce websites of choice, though some themes and plugins are premium and need to be purchased before they can be used.

Cons

There are a few cons I observed about Magento. They include: 1. Hard to learn: It was the first time my team used Magento, and spent sleepless nights trying to understand how it works, and how to customise it. This was very stressful, and was the reason for which my team dumped it. 2. Expensive themes: Magento is not as widely used as some other ecommerce CMSs. This caused there to be fewer theme developers and also making the premium themes to be quite expensive. 3. Small community: Owing to the small user base of Magento, the community is quite small. This made it somewhat hard to get solutions online.

Sachith

For Large Scale Businesses

Overall, We recommend Magento as a remarkable choice for E-commerce especially for those companies whose sales are beyond $1-2 million. Magento provides an excellent platform for businessmen. Moreover, Magento allows its users to automatically update their E-commerce websites and offers companies with solutions and an extensive support network.

Pros

Opportunities: Magento provides a variety of opportunities for E-commerce in a single dashboard. It is equipped with an excellent Business to Business portal and management system, Additionally, it can store views which helps countries to manage all of their inventory. Such valuable information helps them to improve their catalogs and marketing in the future. Catalog: Magento provides an excellent platform when it comes to adding up a large number of items and products and piling it together for any storefront website. Also, it provides developers with high customizations and designing capabilities which makes their catalog even more attractive and fascinating for their customers.

Cons

Charges: No doubt Magento is great software but nothing comes for free, some of the features offered by Magento do not come for free and a subscription is required to gain access to them which seems to be pretty hefty unless the business is running successfully. Additionally, to gain access to the dedicated servers, the users have to pay a sturdy amount. Non-User Friendly: Magento is non-user friendly at times as it receives constant updates that create problems with the extensions and custom code s you have on the site. Additionally, when it comes to dealing with items in bulk Magento tends to lag and makes the uploading and converting a very slow process.

Scott

Complicated But Can't Be Beat

I began using Magento over 15 years ago, in one of their earliest versions, when I had outgrown some of the boxed ASP.net solutions available at the time. The open source nature of the software is absolutely amazing, and it has been fun to watch it expand over all these years. Today I am running 6 different websites with different versions of Magento, and I've built many more than that, most of which are still in use. Magento makes it easy to create and deploy affordable eCommerce solutions that scale and grow with the customer, even if it is a bit tricky to learn for beginners.

Pros

Magento is easily the most extensive and full-featured piece of open-source eCommerce out there. Once you understand the layout, you'll find that it is very intuitive and flows perfectly. What really shines for me for Magento is all the different options available out there. Not only are there open source versions you can host and manage yourself, but you can pay for the enterprise versions too. There is basically a plug-in or module available at this point for anything you need to accomplish, along with thousands of professionals out there that can help if you get in a jam. Best of all, Magento easily grows with you and is simple to harness and hold back features from, any easy to unchain it and grow with you.

Cons

It took me a good bit of time to learn AND get comfortable with this software and how it works, which was a bit of a pain, so this software isn't for the faint of heart or a weekend warrior shop keeper who doesn't have extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento is open source and more powerful and extensive than all the rest.

Best Enterprise Level eCommerce Platform

Magento is incredible if you have the technical team and developers that know how to work with it and make it shine.

Pros

Magento has a lot of functionality out of the box to set up and ecommerce store. The UX for M2 is significantly better than it was on M1. You can really narrow down the scope of permissions that your provide to users.

Cons

There have been a lot of bugs that have come up that should have been worked out before release. There is a fairly high technical barrier to entry compared to other platforms.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

It offers the best platform to customize development work on top of for an enterprise level site.

Robust Out of Box Features Paired with Customization

In terms of e-commerce platforms, Magento has proven to be a great value because of it extensive out of box features and relatively moderate price. Overall, it is one of the more commonly used platforms, so it is easier to find developers who know and are willing to work with the platform, which can reduce your maintenance costs.

Pros

The Magento E-Commerce platform offers a wide array of out of box features that are ideal for managing an online store. The platform also provides an extensive amount of flexibility for add-ons and customizations to cater to your specific business model and fulfillment needs. Extensions/Modules for the platform are readily available through a variety of vendors and developers at varying costs depending on the complexity of the feature involved. In a marketplace filled with expensive annual license fees and strict feature offerings, Magento is a great value for the investment.

Cons

Magento has changed it target audience significantly since its acquisition by Adobe, now catering more to mid- to large-size businesses. This is reflective in its pricing model and its termination of support for the older version of the version of the Community platform (Magento 1). It's flexibility for modules and extensions, while very beneficial, can create complexity and additional development cost when attempting to update the platform, as news releases of the corresponding extensions also needs to be available in order to ensure compatibility. The platform must be properly updated and maintained on a regular basis in order to reduce security vulnerability, which is a responsibility that falls on the consumer as opposed to Magento. Corporate support for the platform is available, but if you do not have an annual subscription the service is not as prompt.

Stephanie

Flexible and Administration Ease

Enterprise and dealing with the development company that supported us was terrible but community and a local developer has been great. We didn't have the budget for the big version but were sold into it by the developer when the community version was more appropriate.

Pros

We are a small family business and reliant (for many things) on our ability to manage the back end of our site. Neither of us have a background in building sites, managing integration, etc. but we have been able to get very comfortable with the back end of the site. For a novice or inexperienced person, I was surprised that I could pick it up quickly. We use the community version which has been critical to controlling costs. At that same time, we haven't sacrificed functionality in that there are some incredible plug-ins that ultimately replaced the Enterprise functionality (which we moved away from because of the annual price tag). We also work with a small development company locally who manage the set up of the plug-ins (but quite honestly it seems fairly straightforward). As the site "breaks" (for lack of a better word), we have our developer do it.

Cons

It's possible that it is far more plug and play than I realize for plug-ins but would love to see something user friendly created. There used to be some version of Magento that I think was discontinued but you almost need something for smaller companies that gives them the sophistication of the community edition but potentially managed by Magento. In the next few years, we need to make a decision to stay on Magento or move and Shopify has a managed version that is very intriguing. Our computers are using it and Big Commerce and they look every bit as sophisticated on the front end as we do but we are reliant on a separate developer who could move on or go out of business. A stable subscription based product for larger small businesses would be great.

Charlie

An In-depth eCommerce platform if you know how to use it to its potential.

Great platform if you have the development team and budget behind you!

Pros

I've been using Magento for over 2 years as the main eCommerce platform for an internet based company and is a great bit of kit if you know what your doing. Magento offer a couple of versions to choose from, giving you the ability to select the right platform for your level of expertise. The platform itself offers an indepth eCommerce system with the ability to pull reports, manage products, promotions, sales and much more, easily and effectively while offering a whole load of other back ground features to really help take your business to another level. In terms of support there is a whole world of this available via reading Q&A or by contacting them directly. They have a whole help centre dedicated to their platform and offering reasonable support when needed.

Cons

If you're a beginner into the world of eCommerce platforms then Magento isn't the platform for you. The interface is complex and can come across as a bit overwhelming if you don't know where you're looking for something. While it is a great platform, it is aimed at developers who have the experience to know what they are doing with it. Its not a platform for small businesses looking to set up shop for the first time. While not a direct reflection on Magento, we suffered lots of attacks from spam bots, some reports where not filtering correctly and we eventually changed to Wordpress when we rebranded. The move was a welcome one as unless you really get to depths with Magento, it can have a draw back effect.

Umair

Professional and Awesome E-Commerce Platform

I am using Magento in my E-commerce websites and also I have used this platform for my clients. My overall experience with Magento is really awesome because this is the platform that allows me to add products on client's websites with lots of details. My all clients are really happy with the work that I have done for them using Magento. Because this platform gives really unique and professional look to the websites. It's really incredible and it has solved all the eCommerce problems which I was facing in the past. Now I have created a number of online stores using Magento.

Pros

According to my experience, there are lots of things that I like in Magento. This platform gives you the power to create and build professional e-Commerce stores. We can add products in different categories and we can add complete details of the product. Purchasing options for the product are really fabulous and incredible because we can add different payment options. The dashboard is really easy to understand and use. This is the best open-source e-commerce platform that allows you to add beautiful and stunning themes for your website, So you can build a beautiful e-commerce website.

Cons

If you are going to install Magento on Local Server, then the method is a bit difficult. But if you are going to install on your own hosting then the process is really easy. So according to my experience, the process of Magento localhost installation should be easy for beginners. All other things about Magento are really awesome and fabulous.

Chamath

Magento makes your investments very worthwhile

Magento solves your eCommerce solutions even if you have an online business which requires scaling. Magento helps you to be hosted by eCommerce solutions like Volusion and Shopify that gives the flexibility you need.

Pros

Are you looking for a solution in eCommerce? Magento provides you the solution of eCommerce. Magento makes your investments very worthwhile even if it is your main business. It has been recommended as one of the best solutions to eCommerce since it is flexible and scalable. It has also become so much popular for the fact many companies bear its name. Pros - 1. It is user-friendly. Magento’s administration is has a very simple back end which is easy to navigate and has very perfectly arranged store management features. 2. It is affordable for anyone. The community version Magento doesn’t require any money to afford since it is free. 3. It is flexible. You have the chance to create anything in Magento because it has been designed in a way that you can customize anything you want. 4. It also gives the ability to fully control the code thereby developing the type of functionality you require. 5. It is easy to scale. Magento designed in a scalable way on any amount of products you are selling.

Cons

Cons- 1. Only the community version of Magento is cheap. The other versions of Magento including support and enterprise and the premium enterprise versions aren’t freely available. Their prices are very high for every person to afford. 2. Magento can only be hosted on dedicated servers. Since it is large, it can’t be hosted in small servers that aren’t dedicated because it needs to be configured. 3. It requires a lot of time to customize using magneto. The architecture who have designed it have made it complicated and hence it takes a lot of time to learn the learning curve and make customizations as compared to other eCommerce solutions.

Binujaya

Magento – The largest community that one can have

In short words, I wouldn’t recommend using this software. It’s has a lot of flaws which need to be fixed as fast as possible. Other software is much better than Magento. It’s not worth your time and money. It’s too expensive and provides little for that kind of money. If you can avoid using Magento that would be perfect for you or your company.

Pros

What I like about Magento is that they have a large community. A lot of people are using Magento and they are facing the same problems as you. So they can help you out if you just reach them. One simple message should be fine. This is the main thing that I like but besides this Magento offers you some features that other software companies don’t. Like managing multiple stores or if you want you can manage just one. By managing an online store Magento offers you full control over the store and the codes and you can develop them in a way that you want.

Cons

Now what I don’t like is that for you to use Magento you need to have some previous experience in coding. It’s not easy to use, not everyone can use it. Another thing is that is costly. It’s not worth the money that you are giving because you won’t get anything in return. Magento sometimes works very slow which is not optimal if you are managing a store. Plus it doesn’t have any customer service support which means you are on your own.

Adobe Commerce