(4,554)

4,554

(2,549)

2,549

• Pros

• "It is so easy to set up and it does everything itself after that, I love it."

• "Easy to install and to use. Love the ability to save and open somewhere else."

• "Love the easy app I can upload docs on the go and have all the information every I go. I love the amount of storage I get for the price. This has been a life saver for our business! "

• Cons

• "OneDrive is a great product, but lacks some of the features of Google Drive which is a competing cloud storage service. "

• "OneDrive works very well, but I would say that the one con is the fact that it sometimes gives you too much data from the server, and it can take up a lot of your local drive space."

• "Interface is a little clunky, but it is functional."

Browse OneDrive Reviews

Shane from OC Technologies

Seamless computer to cloud connection and syncing that is hardly noticeable

I currently have 125,200 Tb (terabytes) with Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise and it's just amazing. To grow up with mere Kb's of space and now we're getting into Pb (petabytes) it's quite amazing.

Pros

OneDrive made connecting your computer to your private cloud storage very easy, simply download and install its small client syncing application, login to your account and tell it where you would like to place the directory (folder) and anything put inside it is synced right to your cloud storage drive and you'll never have to worry about losing your data again. It's fast and very quiet when syncing even large files without noticing it at all and has some added functions where you can change settings to suit your particular needs like data saver that will only upload when connected to a steady wifi connection or automatical photo upload (mobile app) that will upload all camera photos from your mobile device right away which is very secure, private and best of all it saves you much-needed room on your mobile devices.

Cons

I feel Microsoft did great with OneDrive, especially business and enterprise-class versions leaving me with very little room for Cons. I would have to say, a better-looking user interface design that isn't the bare minimum basics box that it currently is however it works and lastly, more features that can be controlled offline in the application, better control over other connected devices and multiple directory capabilities instead of a single directory. OneDrive currently wins as my choice for office 365, business and enterprise users.

Shenali from UOK

Review on Microsoft OneDrive

I consider OneDrive as Microsoft's reply to Apple's iCloud and Google Drive. OneDrive's functionality and unique design have reached a point of heavy usability and reliability among people with a rich feature set, online office apps, and wide platform support. The best thing is that OneDrive supports attractive and capable web and mobile interfaces, real-time coediting, music streaming, photo AI, and powerful search. OneDrive's service's amazing integration with Windows 10 and Office 365 along with its finishing, maturity, and polish holds it up high. This software not only deserves a 5-star rating but also be named Best Designed Software of all time. Hats off to the Microsoft Team!

Pros

This software is very easy to purchase, install and use. It is handy in sharing documents, configuring sharing restrictions, and audit sharing activity. There are two verisons given out by Microsoft. OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Both these versions allow the access of your data through a specific folder on your pc, a mobile app or through Microsoft's website. There is quite a difference when you compare these two versions. OneDrive is mostly comes pre-installed on Windows based pcs and are used for personal activities. OneDrive for Business is included with most of Office 365 subscriptions and comes with ample storage. I just love both versions and have successfully used both versions for my personal activities as well as office work.

Cons

There is simply nothing negative about this software that crosses my mind. It's simply one of Microsoft's greatest outputs.

Radoslav from eSoftware

OneDrive - your data everywhere with you

I have been using it firstly for personal purposes. I have been using it as a student when I needed to store my projects and files on a place where I can easily access. I saved energy for carrying my personal PC all to the University with me. With OneDrive I just uploaded my files and access them on the University PCs which was one big utility for me. And secondly, I have been using it in work with Office 365. It was very powerful to store our projects and documents which had the need to be shared with the team. This eased us with sending e-mails with attachments which is slower and not enough secure. So I pretty recommend using this Cloud Service because in 2019 we all need a secure, Cloud place, where we can store and access files from everywhere.

Pros

I think OneDrive is a cool app because of: 1. It is a Cloud-based app where you can store all your personal or business information - from photos, videos, to documents, charts, projects and much more. 2. The coolest thing is that you can access your files from everywhere. You do not need to carry your PC with personal files everywhere. You can go to a trip wide away and you can access your files from your phone, or even some other PC or laptop - no flash drives, no CDs or DVDs - only Internet connection. 3. In 2019 I think security is also one very important thing - and OneDrive supports this. I think everything should be encrypted for security purposes and everyone who also searches this - should take a look at OneDrive. 4. You can share your projects or files with your friends, family or teamwork with just a few clicks and via one link - no more attachments through e-mails or skype or any kind of chatting program. Just with sending the link everyone with the right permissions can access the files and read, download or edit them. 5. Furthermore, you can set an expiration for the shareable links which is a cool feature to limit access to the link. 6. It has free storage - you can try the app or you can just use it for small purposes. Of course, if you like it you can pay for much more space and the prices are quite good. 7. And for me, one final feature is that it is supported by Office 365 which is very useful for business purposes.

Cons

Till now I have not any inconvenience with the app. For my purposes, it is very easy to use, no extra redundant menus and intuitive app.

Rebecca from SIR

Industry: Market Research

Ideal for Collaborative Documents

Overall, our experience with OneDrive has been positive and exciting. Despite a few technological difficulties when we were first getting started, we feel it is one tool that is here to stay. We use it the most for report writing, which used to consist of each researcher building out their section of the PowerPoint deck and then combining them into one file at the end. There are many problems with this, such as inconsistent formatting and design, varying voice and tone, or duplication of findings or data. This old process required a day's worth of work to combine all files into one and clean up all of the mess. With OneDrive, we still have our own sections of the report to write, but now we can work simultaneously in the same document, saving time, increasing quality, and encouraging more collaboration among the team.

Pros

My favorite OneDrive feature is its integration into the Microsoft Office suite the ability to share and collaborate with colleagues on documents in Word, data sets in Excel, research reports in PowerPoint, and meeting notes in OneNote, has completely changed the way our research team executes a project. And when we are chatting back and forth in Microsoft Teams, we are able to share OneDrive files directly through the chat window. This suite-wide integration saves A LOT of time, and ensures our final product is the best rendition of our work from the proposal, to the survey questionnaire, to the survey data, to the final report, we no longer worry about someone's contribution getting lost among the endless file versions that we used to circle back and forth via email until the report was complete.

Cons

My least favorite thing about OneDrive is not always knowing where the files I've shared to OneDrive "live." I have a OneDrive folder in my Mac's Finder and the OneDrive Desktop App, but often times I have to go to the OneDrive website to locate my shared files. A few colleagues have dealt with this same frustration saving files to OneDrive is completely simple, but then where do they go? We are hoping our upcoming OneDrive training session will help alleviate this.

Nural from International Business School

The best cloud for saving files for windows users

I am using office applications very frequently and I need to keep the files in some place that I can access them whenever I want, this tool is very useful for me. Another cool thing is that I can share the files with my friends and many people can work on one file at the same time.

Pros

This product is developed by Microsoft and it comes in Microsoft Office bundle, first times I thought it is not that much useful application. However, afterwards I have started to use office applications I saw that how useful this application is. Firstly it is integrated with Microsoft Office applications, and you can keep all your files on the drive, it also can be integrated with your email and you can share files through drive if they are not not shareable through email. Another good side of this application is that it is available on all platforms and you can use it for sharing the files between devices.

Cons

I have some concerns regarding use the application on my PC, the problem is that it always running on the background and since my laptop is a bit slower it downs the performance. When I turn of it my windows protection gives error. Rather than this, I do not have any problems with this application.

Richard from Southwest Gas

Industry: Utilities

OneDrive is Amazing

We needed a way to offload our internal storage to a cloud environment. We were looking into Office 365 already for Teams and Exchange Online, and OneDrive was a piece of that offering. It completely met our needs and included added functionality which was an added bonus. OneDrive has made working remotely, whether on vacation or business, much more simple.

Pros

I love that I can access my documents anywhere on any device. I don't have to VPN to get behind my company's firewall if I'm out of the office. I can hop on my personal laptop, or better yet on my phone or tablet to access my docs and start working. It makes working remotely on the road much easier. I can also share my documents with others both in and outside of my organization without emailing a copy. I can grant them permission to edit a doc located in my OneDrive folder. It's made collaboration much easier, especially if you're not using SharePoint or another file storage application. But really, if you're using OneDrive, you're using SharePoint. It's just another option of how to share and collaborate.

Cons

Some of the settings can get tricky. Administrators have a lot of power to lock down OneDrive. In fact, they can restrict access altogether on any device other than your registered machine. We went really strict at first with our administration, and then let up as we got into the full capabilities and functionality. We also have a setting currently enabled where our managers automatically have access to our documentation, which isn't great. We just ne

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We looked at other options, but since we were already looking at Office 365, it made sense to go all in with OneDrive.

Aaron from Permian Basin Area Foundation

Revolutionized Our Company's File Sharing

Our company has been able to share files remotely with confidence that they will be secure. Because OneDrive is very intuitive/familiar, it is easy to implement with all of our employees.

Pros

The ease of use, security, and richness of features makes using OneDrive a no-brainer. I love the auto-save feature in particular which has saved my bacon a number of times from losing data or full documents. Being able to share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, PDF's, and images with anyone anywhere at anytime is hugely convenient. It's also very fast - no perceptible difference most times between accessing something from the local drive and the cloud.

Cons

There's not an easy to find FAQ or how-to that I am aware of when you open OneDrive. It seems to me that there could be an automated walkthrough or even a help file that would reveal ways to better use OneDrive.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

No need to set up individual accounts for each of our users on top of what they already had.

Stacy from RE Titans LLC

Document sharing and offline storage all in one

We had too many files sharing programs and were spending a lot of money. One Drive allowed us to cut our costs and use other options less often at a lower cost of ownership.

Pros

What I like most about One Drive is the integration with Microsoft Office and Exchange. It also works very well with Windows file manager.

Cons

It used to be harder to share with outsiders unless they had a Microsoft account, but now seems to be fixed. Don't like how it can get crossed with Sharepoint.

Integration with Office & Exchange

Zainuldin from Art Reign Media

Seamless Integration with Office 365

OneDrive helps to give me peace of mind when backing up small documents. I also use it to send files to clients who need more than a month of access to a whole folder.

Pros

As part of the Office 365 bundle, OneDrive's cloud integration with Word, Excel, Powerpoint helps to give me a peace of mind that the document will be available online in case something goes weird with my PC. The mobile app has saved my life countless times when I forget an external drive for an important presentation or a document that needs printing so this part has been what makes it the most useful so far.

Cons

Uploading files takes a long time and since I work with large file sizes, the UI on desktop sometimes freezes. It also doesn't feel as fast somehow. Perhaps it's due to the UI's familiarity with File Explorer so I kind of expected it to be just as smooth going from one folder to another.

Jason from Stage Monkey Design

Not consistent

I continue to use it, but thats only because I have customers and vendors that use it. Plus its free cloud storage. I have to use a lot of work around if I want to share with my other laptops, so I try not to use it unless I have to.

Pros

Microsoft gives a good amount of storage space with a 360 account. Compatibility with the iPhone is also a plus. Works well with outlook for iPhone as well as with Files.

Cons

It will not sync. Connectivity is not consistent. I can save a file from one laptop, but it will never sync to my other laptop. Im always asked to start OneDrive whenever I try to open the onedrive folder, yet Ive never shut it down. It simply doesnt play as nicely as Dropbox does. I find that Im more frustrated than not when using it.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I didnt choose it over Dropbox. Ive actually had Dropbox longer, but thought it would be convenient to use onedrive since its part of a set of tools I use.

Sebastian from EnvokeIT AB

OneDrive makes personal file storage easy

Pros

OneDrive is an easy file storage product that comes in two shapes. OneDrive for personal use, and OneDrive for Business that is included in Office 365 for employees. With the OneDrive application, you can sync your OneDrive documents and files with your devices which makes it even smoother to work but at the same time know that everything is backed up in your cloud storage. It also integrates well with the Office suite.

Cons

The older agents, both on Windows 7 and Windows 10, could sometimes have issued with synced files. This would then lead to some files being corrupt.

Scott from PM2 Strategies

OneDrive has Come a Long Way

OneDrive serves my small business well as a cloud storage solution that allows file/folder sharing with coworkers. It is secure, easy to use (except when troubleshooting problems) and reasonably reliable.

Pros

OneDrive is simple to set up for a small business. As the administrator, you can share drives with specific people in your organization, or with all users who are in your organization using the same domain (such as @mycompany.com) Security is top notch, because it encrypts data in transit and stored on Microsoft servers. Years ago, OneDrive was buggy and could not be trusted to sync over the internet between two computers...but now the sync is reasonably fast and reliable. Box and Dropbox have better sync, but you need to pay for the business features whereas OneDrive comes free with your Office365 subscription. I don't believe Google Drive is secure storage.

Cons

The sync is good enough, but not as good as Box, Dropbox, or Google drive. Microsoft support is spotty. Microsoft will not restore your data from backup if the data disaster comes from you or your employees...such as mass-deletions (accidental or malicious) or ransomware infections that sync from your computer to the cloud storage. So you need another backup solution if you think these are risks you need to mitigate. (To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft will restore data if the loss/corruption happens at its own data center due to natural disaster or fire, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Some of the "others" marketed themselves as more secure (hacker proof) solutions, and maybe they were, but they suffered from poor sync, bugginess, or lacked good enough support for multiple small business users. They cost a lot more than OneDrive which comes with Office365.

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Industry: Wholesale

Best way to share files

OneDrive is the best when I get a call about so and so wanting a specific file - I dont have to email it anymore and have it get lost in their inbox when they go to look for it at a later date. I just plop it from my computer into one of the OneDrive folders and share it with them. Thats it! And they can access it anytime.

Pros

We use OneDrive to share files with our account managers, who are often on the road. We can share videos, images, or even workable excel files with them. Theyre able to access these files wherever they are and edit them as well. Its the best way to share your internal drive with people who arent working in the building.

Cons

There really is nothing to dislike about this product. Its really easy to use, easy to access, and even has an app for iPads and phones. I guess sometimes it might take a while to download a certain file when youre on the road...but thats going to happen no matter what you use.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It has everything in one place, rather than needing several different apps to fulfill all the needs

Eduardo, Jr. from Tixani Services

Best Solution for File Syncing MS Office Files

For the most part, we use G Suite. The small businesses we consult with use G Suite. Most larger companies though, still use MS Office for everything. To meet the requirement of those clients, we still keep 2 legacy installs of MS Office alive. For MS Office files, we use OneDrive for file syncing. OneDrive allows our team to collaborate and share files easily. It resolves a pain point at a reasonable price.

Pros

OneDrive lets my team backup, share and collaborate on MS Office files. I manage the PC's in my office and OneDrive is an easy way for me to manage backing up these files automatically from half the PC's we use. It's proven itself reliable, and for our modest storage needs, at a price point that is pain-free.

Cons

There isn't a reliable way to back up to it from a Linux system. I can't really fault Microsoft for that. But it would be nice if they get to a point where they support any operating system, be it Windows, Mac or Linux. To be fair though, the web interface does work fine, but it is a bit of a manual process. I have a couple of Linux apps that can back up their data independently to OneDrive, so it is possible. Looking at the changes in Microsoft, this may only be a matter of time.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It offered the best compatibility for file syncing Microsoft Office files. It's reliable and the app makes it easy to manage backups.

Anthony from 1 Up Tech, LLC

Works perfectly for limited purpose

I find OneDrive best suited for end users looking for an easy and affordable way to synchronize documents across multiple devices. It can be deployed across an enterprise but I find better solutions are available for making corporate data available in the cloud. Microsoft is constantly improving features and because it is so widely used it is generally easier to resolve related issues.

Pros

Easy to purchase, install and use. There is a difference between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. OneDrive is commonly pre-installed on Windows based computers and used for personal accounts. OneDrive for Business is packaged with almost all Office 365 subscriptions and comes with ample storage. Both version make your data accessible through a designated folder on your computer, an app on your mobile device, or through Microsoft's website. OneDrive for Business access can be controlled through the Office 365 Admin center. It is easy to share documents, configure sharing restrictions, and audit sharing activity. With the appropriate subscription it can be configured to be HIPAA compliant.

Cons

It should be understood this is not a file backup solution. Damage to files are replicated across all devices which could result in loss of data. It is not easy to manage one drive data across an organization making it difficult to audit, identify and classify. It is not easy to make available a default set of files or folders needed by all users or users in specific departments. Sharepoint would be the solution to that problem which may require a more expensive Office 365 subscription.

Stephen from Superior-Greenstone DSB

Excellent Cloud Storage

OneDrive allows my team and I to easily create and share documents and files across a variety of platforms on both our internal network and the internet. Files integrate seamlessly with other Office365 software products and sync easily between phones and computers. Updates are very fast and file management is very easy. I use OneDrive for secure, confidential information all the way to social event posters.

Pros

-Cost, when bundled with Enterprise Office365, is very manageable. -Native desktop option means syncing in File Management software. Files easily accessible -iOS app is extremely easy to use -Syncs very well with Outlook365. -Good privacy protection

Cons

-There is nothing that I do not like about this software itself, though it would be nice to support a Canadian vendor if possible.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The integration with our other office productivity software, combined with excellent security, and the ability to use single-sign-on password integration with other products made OneDrive the obvious choice.

Andrei from Purdue University

Industry: Research

Why I switched form Dropbox to OneDrive

With OneDrive I synchronize files through all my devices. For now (and for me) I think it's the best software solution to do that.

Pros

Fascinating 1Tb of disk storage if you buy MS Office 365. In comparison with other file hosting services OneDrive has native integration with MS Windows and MS Office. You can edit MS office files both online and offline, as well as it possible to edit files simultaneously with your colleagues. Additionally, OneDrive has rather good mobile app.

Cons

In a nutshell - unexpected problems with file synchronization. I use the software on two my laptops (workstation and portable) and android cellphone. Time by time I've edited files on the workstation and go to a meeting with the portable. And the portable contains the old unedited versions even if OneDrive says it's up to date. Only after reboot OneDrive applies the changes.

Andres from Novavision Group

One drive delivers great value for the money

Most of our users are Windows users and we're very happy with the functionalities to sync, to keep local, to keep in the cloud and to share files

Pros

Compared to other storage solutions, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box.com, OneDrive is more cost effective when the volume of users is not large. The functionality and compatibility with Windows is great.

Cons

OneDrive has difficulties integrating with Mac. For instance, the context menus that exist in Windows to sync files (in the mouse right-click) does not exist in Mac. This makes it cumbersome to select what files you want to keep in your computer.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

More cost effective, great integration with windows. Besides, Microsoft provides the office suite within the cost. The microsoft mobile apps are great, and the web integration works flawlessly.

Jerry from TSAA

OneDrive Helps Drive Our Business

While working solo, none of our users have had any issues working with the software. It works, and it works for them. they can save all their files, they can access from anywhere. They are happy with that. When it comes to sharing and collaborating, that's where we've run into a few issues that the system isn't user friendly enough. Granted, we are trying to replace file server storage with OneDrive, the more technically inclined users have no issues, the less so have more issues. It just isn't user friendly enough for this. Sharing with external users becomes even more troublesome. Again, there just needs to be a few more features on the sharing side. Other than that, it works for us and we are happy with it.

Pros

It works. It just work. We need to upload files, we can. We need to download files, we can. We need to share files, we can.

Cons

While it works, the features just aren't that great. Yes, we can save to cloud, access from anywhere, download, update. But it's not as easy to share as with other software. We have an easier time with Google Drive. Or even DropBox. But, OneDrive is less expensive considering we are non-profit and use Office 365. The Windows 10 settings for OneDrive are just horrible. There just needs to be more settings available, more features, more configuration on folders settings and permissions.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

it was included with our Office 365 subscription, and we wanted to make the most of it.

Jake from Minnesota Senate

Industry: Government Relations

A great component of our Office suite

I think OneDrive is a premier program that is worthy of your use! For more than two years, I have been a happy customer and user of OneDrive at my workplace. I've found my coworkers often agree; it is the program of choice when compared to its competitors like DropBox or iCloud Files. Definitely recommend to use this program!

Pros

OneDrive is an excellent component of the Office 365 suite for our workplace. The functionality is great and often ahead of its competitors like Dropbox. For example, it is very intuitive to use the desktop and mobile apps. They don't transfer every file to your computer -- which is excellent because it saves space -- and instead, they store them in the cloud until you go into the app and select what you need. For a OneDrive folder with many gigabytes of files and photos, this is a life saver! I also like how responsive OneDrive is -- for example, if you make an update on the mobile app or on your computer, the other devices you use are immediately synced with very little lag time. This is quite an improvement over previous versions of OneDrive, to be sure, but also a marked improvement over competitors like DropBox or Google Drive. Plus, you can easily share links or files with your coworkers or members of the public, even if they don't use OneDrive themselves. That's the kind of advanced functionality missing from iCloud, but present in OneDrive - thank you! If you're a novice, intermediate, or advanced user, OneDrive is definitely for you!

Cons

There are just a few glitches that bring down the overall quality of OneDrive. For example, sometimes shared files get messed up when using the desktop and mobile apps, and you have to re-sync them as a result. A minor hassle, but a hassle nonetheless. There are also bits and pieces of OneDrive's operating UI that make it less than intuitive; for example, to download a photo from the OneDrive app to your phone, there are a number of less-than-intuitive steps you have to take in order to complete the action. I think there is definitely room for refining small features like that -- but that's exactly what they are, minor annoyances or problems that can be improved upon, but that don't hinder from the overall functionality of the program.

Microsoft's best attempt at integrated cloud storage yet!

The experience with OneDrive has been stellar. As a firm with a lot of people jotting down business critical information in documents every minute, a system or app crash could result in hours of rework! OneDrive and it's ability to enable auto save on Office 365 apps have really helped save a pretty penny here. Collaboration, Sharing and Admin functions for controlling access is seamless and integrated very well with Windows 10.

Pros

OneDrive is excellent for getting work done as a group. It offers class leading cloud sync and as an added bonus, file explorer integration. It enables Office apps to auto save to the cloud every minute; this keeps our work safe and also allows to work from multiple devices on the go. If you work long enough with it, it can be used as an excellent mobile solution for handling files and access. Versioning and Access control are easy and excellent as well.

Cons

The product is pricey when compared to some competitors like the Google Suite. It may offer a lot more in terms of functionality, however, for smaller firms the G suite should suffice.

Imi from Government of Grenada

OneDrive by itself is lonely, but with Office 365 it is your Knight in Armour

Collobration and team sharing is not just solved but it allows the team to be flexible in their collaboration. I can create an excel chart and link it in real time into a Word document, without any consideration for future changes made in the excel, all will automatically be updated in the Word document. This is really useful when teams are working on important topics, but done need to be concerned about tools and technologies. It work!

Pros

OneDrive with integration with apps such as Word, Excel, etc. creates the full eco system for the modern, mobile and collaborative office. Online and Offline sync tools allows me to walk with my files, on any device . I love the fact that you can share a file with a friend, open it within the browse, but allow the Word or Excel file to be edited directly on your PC without worrying about "where the files is saved". OneDrive make you work with your files in multiple location but ensure that it is one file that were are all working on. Security controls over sharing is also good.

Cons

If you are in a low bandwidth environment, then prepare yourself to have time where OneDrive desktop tool will fully consume all the bandwidth... However, everything from 1MB to 10GB seem to sync very fast. I do think the constant changes forced by the owners of this product acts as a demerit. One day you know the system and its settings, next day you are just lost, because they decided to push a new release.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Largely due to person already steep into MS Office products. Truth is we purchased the MS products and then discovered the power that OneDrive brings along.

Brad from Canada Masonry Design Centre

Industry: Civil Engineering

Like Google Drive/Dropbox but with better Office Integration

Great for working in teams - especially when using MS Office like word, PowerPoint, and Excel for company documents. Ideally paired with Office 365

Pros

Works really well for company work where you can access it anywhere but also have it synced to your computer. performance when synced is the same as if working on your local machine - no additional lag or delays. You can choose what is kept locally synced vs. what appears in the folder but stored in the cloud. Great for workstations with SSD's with limited storage. Integration with Windows Explorer is very good as well with easy to understand icons. Working from OneDrive directories allows you to use "autosave" which is nice.

Cons

Can be confusing to some coworkers when it comes to explaining whether a file is actually contained in a folder or simply listed and available to download. Have had issues with coworkers thinking they have files on OneDrive but are actually working in a directory that is not synced. This is not a OneDrive issue but I can see how the less tech-savvy might have a hard time with this. The autosave can be annoying when I am used to making changes and then "Save As" for the cases where I'm worried an Excel macro might screw up my data

One of the best Cloud storage for Business users

We started using One Drive to share larger files with internal users then we realize it is the best way to share or store data for the users who are always on the move. The advantage of having mobile apps and can access from anywhere in the world helped us to give access to users who are on the move so they can use mobiles, IPads or devices to access the files they want. Then we enabled auto-sync and create which folder will sync with user computer and OneDrive. Easiness of how we can share files or folder with other users makes Business users and IT life easy. One drive is like you are having personal Sharepoint which enables you to sync with your computer's folders with all the Sharepoint access on a Cloud.

Pros

User-friendly GUI Able to access from anywhere in the world no need specific LAN access. It even can access from the mobile app which helps users who are on the go. Automatic sync option with your laptop/desktop folders with One Drive. Able to share folder access or file access with any other user easily. A great method to share larger files with another party without any issue.

Cons

In our case we cannot share with the third party only within our domain ( Our organization users ) can share. Not sure this is an internal setting.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We started using One Drive to share larger files with internal users then we realize it is the best way to share or store data for the users who are always on the move. The advantage of having mobile apps and can access from anywhere in the world helped us to give access to users who are on the move so they can use mobiles, IPads or devices to access the files they want. One drive is like you are having personal Sharepoint which enables you to sync with your computer's folders with all the Sharepoint access on a Cloud. Automatic sync option with your laptop/desktop folders with One Drive. Able to share folder access or file access with any other user easily.

Jonathan from Cortland Partners

Microsoft One Drive

Works very well as a standard personal cloud file management tool for both personal use and business use. Lacking many advanced options found in Google/Box for public file sharing. Works well with eDiscovery and other legal and compliance tools Has improved greatly over time with real-time collaboration and automatic saving Simple to implement and rollout as it is native with MS Office Continue to grow its footprint in my current company as an alternative to File Shares

Pros

Industry standard software works natively with MS Office Allows sharing and collaboration of files with anyone and anywhere Simple to use and and administer Compliant for regulations and easily searchable/discoverable

Cons

Sharing options are very limited for outside users and difficult to control once in the wild Administration is not robust, still old style Security is lacking especially for the uninitiated Plays well with MS not so well with other tools

Jason from Teach 2 Teach

Simple backup for when your pc dies

Very good. It's reliable and I've never lost a file.

Pros

Even though I have a great pc, a surface pro 5, it will die every once in awhile. I'll then head to the microsoft store and I'll be handed a new one. Within a few minutes, all my files are restored. How? OneDrive.

Cons

Limited storage. 1 TB sounds like a lot... not enough for heavy users who have old video files that aren't organized yet.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It's already integrated with Windows. I can still search my files without storing them on my pc. Just downloads them when I need them.

peter from Scouts Canada

Very Good Collaboration Tool

We tend to share files with Volunteers who are working with staff, this provided an easy way to share the files and also ensure that the most current is the one everyone is working from. Very easy for non technical people to learn and get up to speed on.

Pros

Gives us the ability to share files across the organization both internally and externally. Since we are an Microsoft shop, it also integrates well into our other tools. We also use SharePoint but this is a easier file sharing tool that is easier for all to pick up.

Cons

Ownership of the file remains with the individual as opposed to anyone. Access tends to be restricted until invites or links are sent.

Eric from College des medecins du Queberc

OneDrive for Business : great sharing tool, but still needs some features to become #1

OneDrive for Business use has been a trial and error or work-in-progress product for our internal usage. Some iOS apps like Dictate+Connect and GoodReader do not offer built-in OneDrive for Business support to import or export some content, even though the OneDrive consumer version was possible. Having two versions of same product created confusion and frustration that led us put on hold the widespread use of OneDrive on our mobile iOS clients. Sharing files with external partners was brought back to Dropbox Business for larger commitees that couldn't easily handle the added steps for authentication.

Pros

What we like about OneDrive for Business is obviously its tight integration with the Microsoft ecosystem. Sharing Microsoft Word and Excel documents with colleagues is now seamless and best of all, is the automatic saving and versioning! Makes backups less a necessity. Also the quality of the iOS OneDrive application is a great value for our mobile users. Integration with other key apps that our users have on their iPhone or iPad is a real advantage for efficiently transferring files.

Cons

Some of the features that are added might be less refined with our French-Canadian language localised Windows workstations. For example, the Folder redirection of Desktop function puts a "Desktop" folder in the OneDrive account instead of the "Bureau" that is usually found on the local Windows computer. Therefore using the Desktop button in the standard save/open file dialog is a bit confusing. Also, the fact that Guests cannot have a OneDrive account to access shared files and folders like Dropbox brings some added steps (security codes) to give access to shared folders.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

So far...so great!

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been overwhelmingly positive. It's simple to map OneDrive to your local desktop (simply clicking "Sync" from the OneDrive dashboard is all it takes). This enables you to work on files directly from your desktop rather than going out to the OneDrive site. It's super-convenient and saves us tons of time.

Pros

We decided to try OneDrive by Microsoft for our file management needs after using SharePoint for over a decade. One of the main reasons we did not want to change is, frankly, change is hard. Or can be. It's easy to stick with what you are used to, and there is always the concern of placing additional stress on staff by having them learn something new. However, it has been a smooth transition and so far is going great. OneDrive, in my estimation, is far superior to SharePoint for file management. Here's why: When you store files on OneDrive, you can easily open and edit them. You can edit them in the cloud or open and work on them from your desktop software if you feel more comfortable working this way. Regardless of how you choose to do it, your work is instantly saved as you go. There is no document check-out process. Multiple users can update the same file simultaneously. It's quite remarkable how easy it is to use OneDrive and just how powerful it is. As you become more familiar with it, you'll no doubt want to set up various sites within your account to manage specific content. For example, we have a Content site, a Marketing site, and a Finance site. It's easy to assign access to employees as needed. This helps ensure that only those who should be working in a particular site have access to that site. As stated, we are still learning all of the bells and whistles, but so far it has been a fantastic transition.

Cons

So far, there is nothing to dislike about OneDrive. The interface is easy to use and follow. Compared to SharePoint for file management, it's a breeze. Simple to open a file and start working. Easy to review changes that have been made. Real-time saving means no need to worry if your browser crashes or you lose internet access.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

While we use Dropbox Business, and probably will continue using this for certain file storage needs, the bulk of our files will ultimately be placed and used on OneDrive. There are many reasons for this decision. The main reasons are ease of access, multi-user real-time updates, and download speed. Even though I have only used OneDrive for a few months as of this review, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It more than exceeds expectations.

Alicia from MerchantSide Marketing Group

Best Investment

Pros

The best thing about OneDrive is the ability to save files on one computer and have access to them on another by signing into my account. I handle numerous documents and work in and out of the office. OneDrive provides me with the best way to track and maintain my files no matter where I am at.

Cons

The only downside is that OneDrive requires internet connection to automatically save files. With no internet connection I have to remember to save my work to my laptop.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive allowed me to automatically save files without having to first transfer them into Drive.

Bobby from SG360

Bobby's OneDrive Review

We were worried about switching from Google to OneDrive at first, but glad we did. The whole Microsoft package turned out to be an amazing decision on switching over.

Pros

The simplicity of use. OneDrive wasn't hard to setup at all.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like, except maybe how when I setup my OneDrive this last time, it has a business and personal drive. I don't use the personal drive and can't seem to get rid of it. I'm sure if I contacted customer support, they could help. But it's not that big of a deal.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive seemed to be more professional in a larger corporation setting.

Nithya from Logica

A great shared drive which provides a shared space for document storage among teams!

We have to work as a team thats located remotely and consists of freelancers who work for the training company. So based on each persons role, we select the level of access and which folders are permitted to be shared for collaboration. It has always been useful to find the right files at the right time and use the shared folders if one drive to collaborate more seamlessly!

Pros

I suggested Microsoft 365 to my team at Applied Business Academy which is a training provider. We have been able to use one drive extensively for sharing files securely and granting access to groups of people who should be provided the access. Specially with the GDPR regulations in Europe, we have been blessed to have purchased the licence to use this wonderful software!

Cons

Im some of the laptops, if the setting are not right, it will not sync the files and the staff forget to turn sync on. This leads to confusion as the teams start working on the older version of the file. This has been a hassle on certain occasions. However it is not the fault of the software, but I wish it had a way to update all files automatically :)

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It is best to have everything in one place and be able to track who accessed what and who edited last or saved the latest version! If we had to use other products, it would mean that there will have to be new log in and password and more hassle in tracking or sharing work across teams.

Caitlin from Healthcare

OneDrive simplifies Microsoft file sharing and storage

I must admit I was reluctant at first because I am a Type A control freak and someone else doing the driving made me nervous about the mistakes and headaches. That hasn't happened. When I say it hasn't happened, I mean it hasn't happened one time. I use Office as my everyday life and it is incredible that with the amount of data for research for journal articles, my protocols and information regarding training, all of the outside work I do with volunteer groups, etc. that things don't mix themselves up, get lost, or have files get lost. In the past I have had external hard drives have sector failures. This eliminates that and I now rely on it. I am waiting for the day where all of our computer interactions can merge formatting for one seamless interaction but for now, of all of the cloud products I use, this by far is the best.

Pros

When you are working with a Microsoft product, OneDrive takes on the process of doing the work for you once you tell it to. It will back up your information to the cloud, auto save your edits, allow you to give other people access to any particular files and then allow you to allow or deny them edit access. Much of this is capable of being done through Mark-up, etc. but with OneDrive it is occurring in real time and you do not have to send, wait for the response, edit, and then send again. You are able to create a portfolio of a folder that contains multiple files so coworkers or coauthors can locate the various areas and make edits as needed while you work on a different aspect. Plus, when the inevitable screen of death occurs, those last second back-ups that never made it to your external hard drive are saved in the cloud as OneDrive truly is backing up every single thing you do.

Cons

There is a little difficulty for some less computer oriented coworkers to understand seeing duplicate files listed- one set on OneDrive and then also on desktop. I try to explain to them to think about their computer being attached to a box outside the computer that is also storing the same info in case it gets lost. That typically helps a lot. The other thing that is challenging is when you toggle it on, you have it writing the memory of the file in real time, so if you want to play around with edits and not have them saved, you have to remember to toggle it off, or create a separate file.

If you want Microsoft OneNote then you MUST have OneDrive and have it installed RIGHT!

One of the worst application experiences I have ever had the displeasure of living thru regarding getting it to "work", all-encompassing, pertaining to all I did previously say.

Pros

The best overall thing that I like most about OneDrive is that it literally has become my ONLY app that I use for cloud storage that syncs between my local machine and the cloud. I use 3 other apps, but ONLy OneDrive do I allow to sync bi-directionally with my local machine. I depend solely on OneDrive to make sure my ENTIRE LIFE (business and personal) is ALWAYS in sync---in real-time-----ALL THE TIME 24/7. The ability to use the Android Mobile App to access easily all my OneDrive Files is exceptional. I could not live without my OneDrive as it literally DRIVES my "ONE-LIFE", all-encompassing!

Cons

The absolute WORST and I really mean THE WORST thing about OneDrive is that it RUNS Microsoft OneNote! You can't have ONE without the other ONE. The TWO are BOTH actually ONE when all technicalities are taken into consideration. Additionally, in order to get BOTH of them to work properly after a "clean-install" of Windows 10 is a total nightmare (unless you have done it so many times like I have, and now I know how to "do it" without a dozen hours of MS Office 365 Tech Support Calls. They branded it correctly with "OneDrive" as it truly is your ONEDRIVE on your computer if you choose to use this cloud storage application. The fact is, OneNote is the the most often used application I have, and therefore, I had no choice but to utilize OneDrive, by default! Now that I have, I have grown to actually like it a lot, though! Lastly, I wish there was a choice to NOT sync to my local machine, but there isn't....and when configuring a system to have the OneDrive Folder NOT be in its default location is beyond a total nightmare to get done correctly!

Shane from stetson courier inc

Excellent storage ,when used wisely!

As stated though, If you do make sure all the settings are right before things get slowed down, its an amazing experience having the cloud at your finger tips on mobile, and laptop, Desktop, and both my Xbox and Xbox1 working together. As well as the ability to load my games from Xbox1 onto it, and go to a fiends house who has the system, but not the game, and be able to play it there, with MY profile in all its glory, and when i return home, all my progress returns with me for more solo gaming.

Pros

Well i love that i linked all my Microsoft stuff together, At the time i first used it i was using an Xbox 360, the Xbox1 , desktop , and laptop for school and not to mention mobile phone as well. when i would make game clips from call of duty and upload them i could move seamlessly from Console to PC for editing my clips, Then for school when i would be at lunch in between class, i could still access any video clips on the go, and upload homework assignments, to then return home and work on my desktop once again.

Cons

Not a fan of when it will automatically grab everything, and i mean EVERY random silly thing you have off your PC and max out your storage, then it was just a hassle to turn off the auto upload, and would always end up getting tired of it slowing my startup to a crawl, then the left click delay would be...Just unbearable, to finally be able to hit settings, sometimes overshooting it and closing it again... having to right click once again, carefully work my way there again, and click it, for a slow load to finally FINALLY unchecked that box, and apply my settings. And thank goodness every windows installation i do i always forget to turn it off and then do the song and dance once again .

Edward from Maykit Events

Cloud computing made easy

So easy to use and great for not only being able to access your working files from anywhere, but is also acts as a backup, something we humans are notoriously lax at. And in the couple of years of use, I've never witnessed lack of access or downtime. A good, reliable product.

Pros

Say what you like about Microsoft, but their OneDrive offer IS good! A trusted name, a reliable product you can access anywhere (obviously needing an internet connection), and safety in the knowledge that unlike SOME other cloud storage providers, your photographs (in particular) are not being accessed, permission granted or not! The free offer, with 5 gigabytes, is certainly very suitable for those wanting a cloud storage solution for documents or spreadsheets to eliminate using memory sticks, especially if using Office 365 products which all storage options include. However, where OneDrive really ups the game is for their Premium OneDrive offer. This provides 1TB for each of people, including Office 365 and a host of security features and productivity tools. And as I mentioned, Microsoft do not ask to access your photographs. In use, it is naturally very easy. There is nothing that should trip anyone up, unless you close your browser down while uploading or downloading! And secure sharing options are there, whether you want to allow users a link, access via email, editor status or not. And it makes no difference whether access is via Windows, iOS or Android. And having your working documents not only accessible from anywhere but also backed up, is a boon. And importantly, it doesn't cost a fortune.

Cons

I think the only con is the rather obvious one, and that applies to ANY cloud host. If you haven't an internet connection, you can't get to your storage! There really is nothing to dislike about it.

Storing Files in the Cloud has Never Been Easier!

OneDrive has allowed us as a company to move away from traditional file shares stored on-premises to a hybrid cloud-based file storage setup, with personal user storage stored in OneDrive and company files on-premises. This way users are always able to access their files even when not connected to the company network. We have been able to decommission several file servers as a result of moving to OneDrive, and hope to eventually store all company files in OneDrive/SharePoint in the future.

Pros

The OneDrive client itself is very responsive, detecting and syncing any modifications to files to the cloud almost instantaneously. A sizeable 1 terabyte of storage space is provided with an E1 licence, which is more than enough to store a user's personal files in most cases. GPOs can be used in an enterprise setting to control aspects of the OneDrive client, including default OneDrive folder locations, enabling Files on Demand to save disk space, and sync bandwidth limits. OneDrive integrates very well with the rest of the Microsoft product eco-system, becoming the default save location for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files once set up. A recent update has added the ability to automatically sync your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders to OneDrive without needing to manually configure additional options (this is an incredibly useful feature for an enterprise setting). Microsoft's support is quick to respond to support tickets and is very helpful. The application also auto-updates on startup, which means there is less administration needed to maintain current releases on all devices. The OneDrive mobile app is available for mobile working.

Cons

Some users have trouble with the concept of OneDrive and cloud storage, so a good amount of training should be provided when rolling out the application. The application itself installs in the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder rather than the 'Program Files' folder which means if multiple users are logged into the computer there will be multiple OneDrive installations, one for each user (however this is rectified in the newest insider releases of OneDrive where the application installs to the 'Program Files' folder, but this will take time to reach general release). If the application has issues syncing a file, it is not immediately apparent to the user as the only notification is a small red error icon shown over the OneDrive taskbar icon.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive was chosen over the alternatives as we were already invested in the Office 365 eco-system with several Office 365 subscriptions - this made OneDrive the natural choice over others as it was already included with our subscriptions that we were paying for. In addition, Microsoft's support has been stellar when it has been required, and it was easy as the one deploying OneDrive to move user data to the cloud with as little disruption as possible.

Max from SparkCognition

You probably already are paying for Office 365, so might as well take advantage of OneDrive

Our business, like most businesses I image, relay on MS Office products for day to day work. This OneDrive product comes with those products that are already being used in Office365. There really is no downside to not using this product if you already have Office365. It is easy to use like Dropbox and easy to share files with others in your organization.

Pros

This product comes free with a large 1TB of storage with Office 365 that every business uses anyways. Even if you have GSuite, chances are that you are also paying for MS Office. GSuite's Google Drive has a unique and frustrating (for new users or long time Windows users) method for syncing files. OneDrive's storage method is more inline with the user friendly DropBox. You can also edit Office files and OneNote inside OneDrive.

Cons

The client for Mac needs a special type of drive format. You need to have the drive formatted in a case sensitive format for the client to work. This can sometimes require IT to setup a separate partition on user's mac just for OneDrive to sync.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive came with Office 365 products that we were already using as well as more storage than any competitor at a similar price.

OneDrive is a good storage solution, but not the best.

Good cloud storage for Windows and Office users. Not a smooth experience for Mac users.

Pros

It's probably the best cloud storage for Windows users, because of its integration with the operating system and the Office 365 suite. For a Mac user the road is not that smooth. See the cons mentioned below. Most of the time it works well, with occasional mess-ups. With a paid account you get 1 TB of storage which is more than enough for the average user. You can access your files from anywhere, be it a laptop, a desktop machine, a tablet or your phone (even for iOS users) which makes it very versatile. It's also very good for backups in case of hard drive failure because your files are always in the cloud and you have local copy on your device in a folder named "OneDrive".

Cons

As a Mac only user, I've had some issues with using OneDrive that made it difficult to work with, without putting an effort: 1. Being a Microsoft product, it's made for Windows files and file systems rather than a more universal approach like Dropbox has. The first time I've added files to OneDrive, I had 150+ errors that needed to be fixed. They were all file naming errors that OneDrive wouldn't support (because of the different character support between Windows files and Mac files). 2. After having 150+ errors, I tried to fix each one manually by going into Finder and renaming the files. The only problem with this is that I could only see a limited number of individual issues from the total number. The OneDrive widget doesn't allow you to see all errors, just the last 20 or so. While I was fixing some of them, the error dialog wouldn't refresh immediately, making it hard to confirm that I was doing the right thing. Eventually I deleted everything and started moving small chunks of files to have less errors to handle at one time. This worked out well in the end and everything is good now. 3. There is also a file limit of 10GB which, depending on your work might be an issue.

dishant from Lionbridge

A lifesaver when wiping your PC

OneDrive is an excellent tool for personal as well as business needs. I have been able to store my important files and folders successfully on a cloud platform without worrying about their security and of getting them deleted. I can easily backup my data in case of any hardware or any mishap. I want to recommend this product to any business to arrange their files and folders effectively.

Pros

OneDrive is a great cloud storage solution from Microsoft, the creator of the famous operating system. In the OneDrive itself, Microsoft has been successful enough to maintain the trust of the people on its products. I find it very helpful when I have to wipe out my PC. I stored all my important office files and documents on the OneDrive and successfully wiped it out without any headache. OneDrive comes from the Microsoft house and provides complete security to your files. I loved the feature of Document Sharing in the OneDrive. It provides you the ability to share the documents with your clients quickly. OneDrive also has a fantastic feature which lets its users by synchronizing the files from different machines. The calendar in it helps in managing different schedules like meetings, etc. very efficiently. The documentation support and customer support provided by the Microsoft team is undoubtedly incredible.

Cons

Some incidents evolved when I was syncing the files from the OneDrive, and my local machine gets failed, and those were quite difficult and time-consuming to troubleshoot. When downloading files and folders, it's competitors allow to download it quickly and automatically converts it into a zip file. But, I have not found any similar functionality in the OneDrive. There were issues related to the naming convention when backing up the files. These were difficult to detect and fix. It does not support the complete backup of your system. Although you can take a backup of multiple files, to make a full backup, you have to use third-party software, and then you can copy it in the OneDrive.

Ruston from Simple Stay

A Great Cloud Storage Solution

I'm not in a good position to compare to Google Cloud. I just happened to have jumped in the One Drive boat first. I'm certainly not against trying out their solution, I just already have something that works well enough.

Pros

Microsoft put a lot of effort into making One Drive user friendly and seamless across multiple computers and it shows. I'm to the point now where all of my files live in one drive. When I have to wipe my laptop or move to a new computer I have to do two things 1) install chrome and import my bookmarks/passwords and 2) install one drive and sync my files. I'm now 80% functional in less than 10 minutes. I'm not sure what setting I ticked but when I spun up my most recent laptop last month my desktop, my documents, downloads, etc all mapped themselves to my one drive auto-magically I also have a folder with all of my business documents in it. I was easily able to share a link with my business partner and give him full access to all of the business files so that we can both work off the same file set. Very convenient especially for something like a Quick Books Desktop save file. Also 1 TB of data is a ton. If your a normal person that's more than you'll ever need. at least for the next 20 years or so. A less than normal person would be someone with a digital movie collection of 1000+ movies. To help put this in perspective 1TB =1000GB and 1GB = 1000MB 10 average Word Docs would equal about 1 MB. a full length movie at normal quality would be 100-300MB. So again, unless you want to store 1000s of movies 1 TB will be more than enough.

Cons

It messes up occasionally. Over the past few years and a half-dozen or so computers I've had One Drive go a bit crazy on me. All of a sudden it will stop syncing properly or at all. Twice I've spent considerable amounts of time working through various solutions and with tech support to no avail. Basically a fresh wipe of the computer was the best route. (which is a terrible solution). I've also found that it's ... either screwy or not at all intuitive (or a bit of both) with One Note save files. All of my One note notebooks are saved in One drive but trying to make a redundant copy of one of them or restoring a backup is a huge hassle. All in all it's a worthwhile program.

Jhonnathan from Fiverr

Keep your lost files safe with OneDrive!

I sincerely owe all my files from many years ago to OneDrive. I work in the area of digital creation and it is very useful to have all our important documents such as fonts and backup images and portfolios within reach. The trade sometimes causes us to be exposed to viruses, but OneDrive is a very useful and versatile tool to protect us and optimize our work at the same time.

Pros

OneDrive offers an easy and convenient way to keep your files safe. It's important to know its functionality. The program creates a folder on your computer and everything inside this folder and will copy to your cloud, staying safe from any system failure. In the past, I had several computers that I lost due to hardware failure, but thanks to the fact that I always kept my folder updated and with the important files included in it I was able to quickly recover everything by simply installing OneDrive again and waiting for a quick update. Another thing that I found very useful is that you can access your folder from anywhere. Being on the road and with an internet connection you can connect and download and upload files to your secure folder, this is very useful in some cases! Because it doesn't require your computer to be turned on.

Cons

As I work with many files, and in spite of being organized, due to human error some documents can be left out of OneDrive, perhaps in everyday folders. This causes any file not included in the folder created by OneDrive to be forgotten if a system crash or virus attack occurs. Files in the cloud are sectioned to prevent hidden viruses from spreading and damaging others, but if one file is attacked inside the OneDrive folder it will send this to the cloud which means we will lose the file. So containing documents, files or anything inside this folder does not guarantee its security. It only guarantees that we will be able to recover them anytime, anywhere.

The most straight-forward cloud storage solution for regular users (even on Mac)

Pros

- For Microsoft Office users, the collaboration features make it a no-brainer pick to use. - It is the best cloud storage value for Office 365 subscribers, with 1TB space included. - Additional features are consistently added, and stability is always improving. - Straightforward backup settings (unlike competitive cloud options) so you know which files/folders are being backed up and what happens when files/folders are removed locally so you aren't constantly worrying if you're deleting all copies. - iPhone iOS app is very well integrated and full featured and works consistently. Features are consistently added to take advantage of new iPhone capabilities. - iPhone camera roll backup has been superior to the built-in iCloud Photos since you are able to delete photos from your phone after they are backed up without the backup also being deleted. - OneDrive file management from website is relatively fast and easy to use for viewing your entire library of files if you don't store them all on your local device too.

Cons

- On the Mac OneDrive app, you may get frequent backup errors due to disallowed characters or spaces in file names. Tracking them down and fixing can be frustrating and time consuming. - Confusing differences/similarities when using OneDrive and OneDrive for Business accounts on the same device. They do not function the same in how they treat and backup files. - Adding a user to shared folders can be a little confusing on the iOS app as it seems to prefer creating a public link rather than just authorizing a login. - The iPhone app and Mac OS app only support a single personal OneDrive account being used (an additional OneDrive Business account can be added, however)

MS OneDrive

OneDrive allows substantive, real-time collaboration on work using the near universal MS office suite. It's allowed me to create both quick and effective tools for myself in Excel that I can even use on my Android phone, and allowed me to manage long-term research content.

Pros

The automatic integration with Windows 10 and it's bundling with MS Office subscriptions makes this a fantastic service. Additionally, it's Android App allows for easy cross-platform use. As a Windows user, OneDrive makes collaboration incredibly easy from the generation of content on a local PC to the sharing work/files/information with others.

Cons

The automatic settings of OneDrive as a built in Windows feature might be annoying for people not used to saving via the cloud. In Windows 10 it is set as the default save-to location and requires a bit of settings work to change. Additionally, I've noticed some minor issues with the responsiveness concerning sorting or renaming files within OneDrive via Windows File Explorer. File previews in OneDrive often don't display the thumbnail preview image and the file (if an image or PDF) does not display in the preview pane of File Explorer. Additionally, when renaming files, OneDrive tends to have strange timing to it's highlighting, deleting and saving of file name often times saving a rename with only one letter typed in or otherwise making renaming files from within OneDrive difficult/annoying. You can get around this by using the OneDrive App in Windows, but if you don't have administrative rights/installation abilities then you'll have to use File Explorer.

Steve from Thomson Reuters

A formidable cloud-storage solution for the masses...at a price

Microsoft has attempted, and largely succeeded, in building a robust cloud storage tool for consumers with OneDrive. As an IT professional, I was given 5 TB of storage "for life" for attending Microsoft's /build conference several years ago. For home users with an Office Live subscription, the 1TB of additional storage per account makes this a de facto choice. But for enterprises that don't have people who understand group policies and how to block the consumer client, coupled with the paltry free storage options compared to its competitors, OneDrive becomes a logistical nightmare as the operating systems made by Microsoft suggest (often and loudly) that users should save to OneDrive, ignoring that OneDrive for Business is installed.

Pros

Integration with Windows versions 8 and later provides instant simplicity with OneDrive. With Windows 10, it has become even simpler to use on PCs. The context menus allow easy changes to whether or not a file or folder is synced to the cloud, and the onedrive.live.com site is intuitive and easy to manage the content store via any browser. The ability of native applications for every reasonable platform makes this product appealing.

Cons

Microsoft can't determine what it wants to do in the consumer space, and nowhere is this more apparent than with OneDrive. Much like Skype, OneDrive has a "for business" client that bears little resemblance to the consumer application. Similarly, where Microsoft once led the field with generous storage space, their bizarre decision to revoke free storage for saving pictures and reduce the "free" amount has seriously hindered the attractiveness of OneDrive as a cloud solution. While the iOS app is delightfully easy to use, and bugs can be reported simply by shaking the app, saving files to OneDrive can be challenging, especially for novice users. Similarly, Microsoft did not make enough of an effort to distinguish OneDrive from the "for Business" product, and I know many frustrated IT managers who have countless calls from employees who have saved to the personal space instead of the enterprise version. As a final note, the lack of a plug-in for Microsoft's Edge browser is surprising, and unfortunate.

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

Perfect Cloud Storage

No more VPN connections to the corporate network in order to access office files on a server, as now files are in the cloud on Microsoft's servers. Using Azure AD Connect to synch usernames and passwords with the local domain, users have an SSO experience even while utilizing the full benefits of cloud-based file storage.

Pros

You can access your files from anywhere you have access to the Internet. The latest updates allow you store all your files in the cloud while having access to them from your PC through Windows Explorer, too, allowing access to them from within every application. However, they take up no space on your hard drive until you open them--brilliant! So if you have a small SDD drive on your laptop, problems with storage space just got solved. After you've worked with the file, simply return it to the cloud and free up your hard drive space again. Need to share a file or folder with someone? That's a cinch, as you create a share link from within Windows or through the OneDrive interface on the web, choosing to allow editing or read only access, as well as whether the link should expire after a certain period of time. Sharing a link to a document means your recipient can access the latest version whenever the link is clicked. If you work on the file through Office 365, then the collaborative opportunities are opened, as you can work on a file together. OneDrive is perfectly integrated into all Office 365 apps as well as Windows 10 itself (just make sure to have the latest version of Windows installed to take advantage of OneDrive's latest innovations). One last trick OneDrive does is to preview some file types even if the associated app is not installed (browser only).

Cons

While it will back up files you explicitly place in your machine's OneDrive folder, by copying them to the cloud, it does not perform system backups. So if you want system backups to be in the cloud on OneDrive, you will need to run them with a system backup utility and then copy them to OneDrive (depending on your backup utility, you might be able to automate writing backup copy to OneDrive).

Stever Jose from Algeiba S.A.

Collaborative work and availability of information

Availability of 24x7 information Collaborate online with the information To be able to have the information offline, apply changes and be applied to the original file after synchronization. Increase the collaboration of work teams. Always have the change history available to avoid loss of information. Saving of paper printing by being able to share files to be reviewed by other people. Share information about projects with clients without having to move them on a pendrive. Save the capacity of the email by sending an email with only the link of the shared file or not the file. this solved us in clients and suppliers that have an email solution that only allows 5mb mail entry and when sending a file of 1 gb it does not reach them, it is solved by sending the url by mail

Pros

The functionality of accessing information via Web or desktop application locally. The change history is registered The teamwork collaboration that allows you to edit documents online Make changes to the offline documentation and apply the changes when connecting to the internet The storage capacity from the lowest plan is 1 tb to unlimited in other plans. Microsoft increases the storage capacity in base advances the market without needing to change the subscription plan. the ability to upload and maintain files up to 15 GB The ease with which the structure of folders and file shares are managed can be from the root or a single file inside the folder. To be able to share information for a determined time that you can share information with customers or suppliers that do not have OneDrive and only need a Microsoft account to identify themselves. To be able to share information so that the external ones can access anonymously, sharing through a link or QR code (it has disadvantages of not having tracking if it is shared in edit mode) Levels of sharing, reading or writing. Use a single application to manage OneDrive files and Sharepoint libraries. A new functionality that when synchronizing the OneDrive or Sharepoint libraries the files are available locally as cache but all the information is not downloaded until you use them locally (this solves the local space issue to have the information replicated) Facilitate teamwork is a plus in favor and very important

Cons

When several people have a local library synchronized and your Internet provider fails frequently you can make the upload synchronization be affected by duplicating the information, the good thing that a second file creates, adding at the end of it the name of the computer that you synchronize. A Collaborator with full access on a folder or file structure eliminates the documents the owner does not know until he / she accesses, I think a notification should be sent to the owner of the documentation to approve said elimination. (Although the recycling bin lasts 30 days information it would be good to make that change to notify)

Joel from OneStrand

The best cloud storage available

I keep all my important files synced across all my devices. I can access everything I want to access whether I'm at my home computer, work computer, laptop at the coffee shop, or out and about on my phone. Perfect syncing of everything all the time.

Pros

I have tried many different cloud storage options and OneDrive is my absolute favorite. The thing I like the most is the native integration with Windows 10 on my desktop, laptop, and Windows 10 Mobile phone. It works flawlessly and completely as expected. I appreciate that Microsoft added back the ability to keep files only in the cloud until you use them, but still be able to see them on your desktop. The indicators are clear and easy to understand. I know if a file is on my computer and on the cloud, or just on the cloud. Syncing times are very quick, especially with a decent internet connection. I have a super fast 300 Mbps (both up and down) connection at home, so my files are synced almost instantly. They become available on my laptop and phone within seconds. Microsoft has added additional native functionality within File Explorer for OneDrive, so I no longer need to go online to share files with other people.

Cons

The initial setup is easy, but making changes to the software is not where it should be. I would expect the settings for OneDrive to be in Windows 10 settings, but instead, you have to click on the OneDrive cloud symbol in the tray to access the settings. Once in the settings, the wording is not easy and the controls are not laid out well. The whole settings area needs to be redone to the new Windows 10 style and updated to be easier to understand.

Beth

Industry: Writing and Editing

Pretty decent backup and storage as well as file sharing

Pros

Well, I guess I've used it a lot because I am getting messages that my OneDrive account is almost full and I need to either purchase more space or get rid of some stuff. It does a good job of pulling stuff from my phone and computer and backing it up. You can create files and subfiles to organize your stuff. I have shared large files with people remotely that were too large to attach to an email document and there are security features to make sure only the person you want accessing it has access to it. I've really had no issues with it at all other than forgetting my password at one point years ago and it was a bit of a hassle getting that back. but I've been able to save things from old hard drives, such as music, purchased installation files, of course photos and documents, etc. with no problem. Until now. I have no idea what it costs to add storage space and probably my OneDrive just needs a good spring cleaning, so it's definitely an app I'll stick with. Works well with Windows 10 and you can access those files by clicking in your file directory rather than having to get online and go to a separate Cloud space and log in to access anything you have with another company. Other than the headache of forgetting my password that one time, it has worked great for me, and it's free and really does offer a pretty generous amount of room to save your stuff. I've never heard of any security breaches or issues with it at all. If you're looking for a way to keep your stuff backed up and on the Cloud, it's a good way to go.

Cons

The user interface does seem a little bit scaled down and simplistic, with not an overwhelming number of options, but then I don't really need a lot of options for what is basically an electronic storage unit. There was some hassle with forgetting my password a few years ago that was not easy to fix, but ultimately, it was. That's pretty much the only issue I've had except that I've apparently nearly filled my allotted capacity to the max and need to either clean out or upgrade to more storage. The reminder of that sliding onto my screen every time I log into my laptop is annoying, but I do see the necessity of it.

Ben from Oikon Stewardship Solutions

OneDrive provides seamless cloud storage baked right in to Windows 10.

OneDrive provides large amounts of seamless, continuous cloud storage at a tremendous value. The integration OneDrive directly into Windows 10 and Microsoft Office make using the software easy and automatic.

Pros

OneDrive is cloud storage at its finest. Invisible, light, automatic. Whenever we create documents in the office, we know they are all backed up. Any time we create new media, organizing it for active and archival storage is simultaneous and uncomplicated. Just as arrange and organize files in File Explorer, OneDrive runs behind you making all the changes in the Cloud, making sure everything is up to date with the latest revisions. But not only is OneDrive always working, but it's invisible. Unless you need it, OneDrive doesn't interrupt work. This is a game changer compared to other cloud storage platforms. Productivity remains high, with the confidence that everything is working. Additionally, OneDrive is very light on the CPU. Even in the midst of large file syncs, we never have issues with performance bottlenecks. Finally, OneDrive is an incredible value. Build right into the fee of Microsoft Office 365 is 1Tb of storage per account. This is more than enough for active cloud storage, and provides plenty of headroom for local and offsite archival sync scheduling. OneDrive greatly improves team and organizational file and content management through superior and seamless user experience.

Cons

The customer support for OneDrive is adequate, but we have had a few unresolved issues that were disappointing. For example, OneDrive originally granted users unlimited storage, but Microsoft later revised this cap down to 1TB per account. While this is still sufficient for our current needs, not having to worry about storage limits was a nice comfort of the service. Also, OneDrive can, on occasion, have issues with file previewing with various types of media files. Lastly, OneDrive is most useful with Microsoft ecosystems. Other platforms may not be as smooth in user experience.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 7,616 reviews