(5,931)

(3,140)

3,140

Browse OneDrive Reviews

Abby from The Helpful Marketer

Better cloud storage and file sharing than ANY other

For cloud storage and file sharing, this is seriously the best and most affordable option. I LOVE IT!

Pros

The price is great - I get it with my $7/month Microsoft. You get 1TB of storage. it's easy to upload photos from your iPhone. It's great for cloud storage. I love it for managing projects and organizing files together with clients.

Cons

The search kinda stinks - you can't just search in one folder, which is strange. The user interface takes a little time to get used to. None of the cons outweigh all the pros though.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It comes together with Microsoft Office for a really good price.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Dropbox was just too pricey for what you get.

Edwin from Database Administration

Perfect online tool for personal storage.

It has enabled me mostly backup my data on cloud storage and therefore access easily, anywhere and anytime even if my device gets damaged my data doesn't get lost. It is the best tool have ever used for storing my files on the cloud.

Pros

First is its ease of access, once you save your files there you can get or access them anytime, anywhere and from any device. Another thing is about its security, nobody can access your OneDrive account unless he or she has your login credentials and not only that it uses two step authentication to confirm if you are really the owner of that account. Its security is so intense in that one can encrypt a file that he or she shares to you so that you must have a decryption key for you to access it. Another is its interface, it can run on different devices that is both android and windows and even using it is not hard. Lastly is its speed, compared to other related alternatives, OneDrive works really faster and effective.

Cons

Even though it comes with free version with allows you to save your data up to 5GB, I would prefer to get more space since there are many things I would like to save but you have to subscribe to more storage plans and its not that cheap. I don't have much negative about this software since it takes into account most of my expectations only that sometimes the file shared through that platform may be corrupted and maybe may not open.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I chose this because of its speed. It was really faster compared to this others.

Andrei from JeFawk Games

Industry: Computer Games

Good integration but an average product with ups and downs

Losing some of my work and Microsoft changing their minds about the features of OneDrive (downgrading basically) and the slower speed made me change to other services. The first thing I do when I reinstall a machine is to turn it off and save the resources, which ~ 2 years ago were insanely high for what it had to do. OneDrive is basically bothering me when I am using Windows 10 as the OS pesters you to use it to the point where I struggle to turn it off and to keep it that way. I was quite surprised to see it getting activated every now and then after some major operating system updates.

Pros

I found that nowadays (as of May 2020), OneDrive has great integration with the Windows ecosystem and their other services such as outlook.com. A short while ago it always seemed like the integrations were in some sort of beta, sometimes working, sometimes not. Unfortunately I do not have any more pros for this as the competition does as good as a job as OneDrive, there really isn't much OneDrive stands out apart from the integration.

Cons

The biggest issue I encountered with OneDrive happened a few years ago, so I don't know if it's still relevant, however I feel that I should mention it because it was a turning point for me in switching from OneDrive to Dropbox and Google Drive. This also showed how vulnerable a cloud service is. I had files syncing in the sync folder and it was taking forever for some reason. I swapped to another device and found the file I needed there, so I figured it was synced, but I did not check the date of modification. I opened it up, started working on something else than before and saved it. Moved to my initial device and I was greeted with an error stating the path of the file is too long to sync. When I opened the file I worked on with my other device I noticed it did not sync, I worked on an old version which now overwrote the syncing version, basically I lost 2 days worth of work by not waiting and checking for the sync to finish. The sync was not finishing due to an error, which appeared only after I modified the file. What the hell?!? Another problem was that initially Microsoft advertised OneDrive as having unlimited storage for the basic subscription, but after a few months they changed their mind, not cool at all. Currently, one of the biggest problems I still have with OneDrive when I scarecly use it is that it's overall slower than the competition such as Google Drive or Dropbox, both in transferring files as well as syncing from the folder.

Thomas from LIQUID INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGIES

The Benefit of Cloud based Storage-OneDrive

Microsoft One Drive is a platform that allows me to store information and synchronize the file with new updates. This has been a cloud-based file hosting mechanism, such that it allowed multiple users access within our team to the information at the same time and synchronize in real time when connected to the internet or save the update on the file and update the system file when connected to the internet. It allowed me to create a duplicate of the physical filling system in the cloud as a backup, as such that I could upload or download files from the cloud storage at any point.

Pros

The platform is an all-user cloud-based storage service, that allows free space for user that might not afford the subscription storage service fees and minimal subscription fees for user who can afford. The platform provides a secure back up options for user. Whereby users can store a soft copy duplicate of the physical file and soft copy would be downloaded and accepted a true copy of the physical file in the event of a damage to the hard copy. The platform is a website platform meaning there is no set up cost except for the minimal cost in the PC and internet cost The platform allows multiple access user at the same time and synchronize in real-time. And so, no physical files movement is required between user as this is done in the cloud and in real-time. The platform does not require any user training before use as any user with basic username and password knowledge can use it. Which this is the basic user requirement for this platform. It reduces the user back up or security cost as the storage is the cloud. which is a secure and act as an offsite back up. And so, no need for user offsite backup cost

Cons

I have had no challenges with this platform in the last 6 years from 2016.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

User friendly and had previous used it as a free service.

Abrar from Robas Research

Industry: Market Research

Best cloud storage you can find out there.

I have been using this tool to store all my files and documents, making my system storage free. We can share the files with anyone on social media or any platforms easily. The integration of Windows with many other platforms makes it easy to access and upload our files from there.

Pros

The setup is easy and the interface is smooth and fast. It comes with a free space of 5GB which is good. We can store the files in the cloud without any hassle and can access it anywhere. This tool comes installed with license in most of the latest Windows laptop which is very good.

Cons

The price is a bit higher when it comes to the extra storage. The system processes hangs or get slowed down when we sync large number of files. The synchronization of larger files is slow and clunky. There are privacy and security concerns related to the file sharing and storing.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

The application is expensive when compared with other competitors. The security is not good. Sometimes the drag and drop files doesn't work.

Hafizah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

OneDrive can store everything

Pros

Things that i really like with OneDrive is, the storage has not imposing a rule that limiting how large a single file can be stored in here unlike other cloud storage software that are free in the market. The files are stored locally on my computer storage device and on the cloud storage, which is very helpful as i can have the files on my computer from other device.

Cons

OneDrive is a very good cloud storage service, unfortunately not many user are using it as their main cloud storage solutions. Collaborating and sharing my files with other user that are not using this software is not pleased as they don't know how to using this software and asking me to send it using other software like Google Drive.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I really like using both OneDrive and Google Drive, but OneDrive is has a feature for desktop management.

Noorhidayu from KPJ Healthcare Bhd

More than average

Pros

Integrating OneDrive with my Windows 10 based desktop computer is the best way to fully maximized all this software capabilities. It will automatically synchronized and backing up my files on the desktop computer in the background and not interfering with the current work that i am doing on the computer.

Cons

Sometimes, too much of everything is not good as we need to setting up all the details and to learn all the feature and setting that this software have offered. They should simplified the process so the non technical user can use this software easily and not to be bothered will all the technical settings.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive can be integrated with my computer and smartphone very good.

Said from UBBJ

One drive for one people

I use it both to upload my own files and to visualize collaborations and projects with colleagues in the field, I really liked it.

Pros

I really liked the integration of One drive with Microsoft since I work many documents from office word processors and uploading them instantly was the ideal thing, besides that with my subscriptions my storage was practically unlimited. I really liked that and the privacy that you can determine yourself when uploading a file, either by locating it in a search engine or just for you

Cons

The popolarity in my environment was what I did not like, since there were few people with whom I could form an environment in one drive.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Mega was very expensive for me and my collaborators

Good alternative to google drive for those who prefer MS office tools

Helpful to have MS office compatible tools with cloud access. More than enough features for basic use, and eliminates need to buy a MS office license (for basic users)

Pros

Good alternative to google drive for those who prefer MS office tools, cloud based use of MS office tools, very competitive with google drive

Cons

Less intuitive to use than google drive, less people know and use onedrive compared to google drive so less convenient for document sharing and collaboration with others.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

MS office file compatibility with less formatting errors than google drive...

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

MS office file compatibility with less formatting errors than google drive

Peter from SiTEdZINER

Industry: Graphic Design

One Drive is not in Kansa anymore

Very good for file syncing, sharing and collaboration.

Pros

One Drive has become my go to for file sync, sharing and collaboration. It used to have a lot of bugs, but has now become fully consistent and reliable.

Cons

Privacy can be a bit tricky, and they seem to have done away with shortened urls, but overall still great.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We still use the free version of Google Drive, as well as paid Dropbox, but are slowly migrating everything to One Drive

Marcius from Rizzo SEO

Stuck with it - for better or worse

The only file-storage that I can actually use with my Windows 10 in S Mode laptop. Sure, I know I can exit the S mode, but for security purposes I keep it on. And yet, OneDrive is my only option as an app. I still use the web version option of other tools, but it's not the same since they lack the sync functionality. At least it's pretty cheap considering you get all the other Microsoft 365 tools. And you can find discounts in online stores than using the renewal option. So for better or worse, I'm stuck with it, it's there and I'm using it. But in all seriousness, it works good and gets the job done. And it's something essential I just gotten used to using. I wouldn't have picked it on it's own, but as a bundle with the other apps, it's a great deal and has a great synergy with them. I see it mostly as a document management tool. And it can be the only one needed for most people.

Pros

The best feature of OneDrive is the synchronization with all other Microsoft 365 tools and apps. It works great for that purpose and really makes my workflow go smooth and simple. And together there are a ton of features and combinations, which if you like options, you'll get them here. I use it mostly for work document management, not for large file storages like videos or photos. So it's mostly for the paperwork side of work. There are a lot of features for this, and using it in conjunction with the other apps, makes the features even more. So this is both a good thing and a bad thing (as it can get overwhelming).

Cons

There are so many features of this and synchronizing it with other tools that it's overwhelming. I still don't know everything it does and how it could all work together after years of using it. And sometimes it's confusing because I accidentally do something, and it does something I didn't expect, then I don't know how to make it back, so I end up watching youtube video tutorials on fixing it or figuring it out. Yet I can't be mad for all the extra features, but maybe the lack of intuitiveness of them all. Another con is that this mostly works if you're just a Windows user. Sure, you can use the web version on linux, but it ain't the same. Yet linux is over-looked and under-used, so I'm not surprised. Sometimes it has bugs, like syncing not working correctly, or upload not appearing. It's no big deal, but for such a huge company to have such petty bugs, it's a little underwhelming. And we all know that Microsoft always takes it's sweet time fixing the bugs.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I see Google Drive mostly as a back-up for my phone. It uses the same space for my emails and everything in Google, I couldn't start using it for my business side as well. I wouldn't want family photos mixed in with my business stuff, yet I know many people use it for business purposes as well, but for me, I never saw it's use there. Since OneDrive is bundled with the rest of the Microsoft apps, I started only using that for my business management giving me everything I need in this area, with the syncs between the apps, which made Google Drive obsolete for me in these terms. So yeah, I see Google Drive only for the family/personal side of things, for my phone backup.

Tanay from TATA Group

Microsoft's OneDrive is easy to integrate across all of of its products and services.

From anywhere in the world, you can access all of your business documents in one place, as teams are dispersed across the country due to pandemic, so in this situation its just an awesome cloud platform that gives us the flexibility without hampering the work. The platform is primarily used for file storage and sharing. Accessible from anywhere, via browser or apps, and with external apps, it's great.

Pros

When working on a document as a team, the real-time editing feature is invaluable. Users are able to share files, as well as track and work on the same file at the same time as others. All Microsoft features and apps are easily accessible. By email or notification in the computer's tray, OneDrive notifies the person and asks for permission to proceed if a large number of files are being deleted at once or a large file is being deleted. Five gigabytes of storage are available, which is sufficient for storing a large number of documents.

Cons

Onedrive may remove your documents from the desktop folder if there is a sync error. This can be extremely frustrating until we figure out what went wrong and realize we simply have to sync the Onedrive application to the internet again. A significant amount of time is required to sync the files, and other functions of the system can hang as a result of this.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive offers a secure folder that requires two-factor authentication in addition to the standard authentication.

Mark from Mark Risch Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

Serious cloud system, very flixible

An excellent product from a company that understands where cloud computing is going. I syncs right up with all the microsoft office suite in terms of file compatibility and the cloud served office suite is fantastic. That's everything I need on a daily basis.

Pros

Adds a whole new level to my data protection. It is extremely full featured but easy to use and navigate. It's tied in directly to Microsoft 360 from which I and 5 other members of my household have access to 1 TB of space for each person. It has all the bells and whistles of any good cloud package and does file sharing safely and easily. It also provides a separate strong box for your files that you want an extra level of security for.

Cons

I would really like to see the addition of more functionality for teams for collaboration on projects.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

More comprehensive approach with a bigger scope of functionality tied into the office suite file formats the rest of the world uses.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Google decided to use it's own proprietary file formats and they have just not been widely accepted. Their scheme for a logical drive on your desktop computer is a disaster.

Habibah from Digi Telecommunications

Essential especially to backup work files.

My Microsoft 365 account included OneDrive, which was an excellent complement to the other software. To enter my files, I don't need to signed in to another service. It allows me to view my files from either computer or a smart device at any time at a low cost. The file structure is close to that of most personal computers, and it makes it simple for me to handle files, whether I'm copying, transferring, or changing their names. Even my massive drawing files open quickly and easily, allowing me to operate on quickly.

Pros

OneDrive allows me to keep files on the cloud and retrieve them from whatever device, even when I'm not at the workplace. This comes in handy when I need to share files from my smartphone on social media, particularly on pages that are only available on mobile devices. I have a powerful CPU with plenty of storage, but I often build massive illustration and digital images that would start filling it if I do not have backup storage.

Cons

It's nice to have my files with me everywhere I go, but each time I open a file, a copy is saved on my laptop. Until I uninstall it, this will gradually take up precious storage space. I didn't know it until my CPU was clogged with redundant files that took up a lot of bandwidth. It took me some time to find a way out how to safely clear the storage space.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

WeTranfer is more suitable for a short term files storage.

Shahila from CIMB

Solution for my cloud storage need

OneDrive really helping me in backing up my files and data, and i can reaching for it back from anywhere especially from my smartphone. Pairing it with my word mobile application on my smartphone, i can edit and viewing all my document on-the-go without having to do it from my computer.

Pros

I really i need for a cloud storage that will backing up all my files and data of my computer, and OneDrive is the prefect fit for this job. Since it is own by Microsoft, all the Microsoft Office files format are supported by this software and the saving and uploading process can be done automatically as i am hitting the saving button.

Cons

One of the problem that i have found with the synchronized process is, it will take too much internet bandwidth and make the other application run slow until the uploading and synchronized is complete and only after that, other application will running normally back. It is kind of problem when i try to surf the web and uploading files at the same time.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Google Drive has no automation process to save my office document automatically.

Oscar from SOLUCIONES Y SERVICIOS INTEGRALES TELCO SA DE CV

Good storage solution

In general we liked it a lot. We were able to simplify many of our collaboration tasks. He also helped us with the hardware migration, since we focused on acquiring more robust equipment with SSD solid state hard drives while increasing our spending, since we spent a large part of the storage in the cloud.

Pros

What we liked the most was the amount of storage it offered per user. We were also impressed that it comes bundled with our office 356 and email solution. Additionally, together with the Share point tool, its use is optimized.

Cons

I particularly don't like that it is not a highly adopted solution by third parties. Many of our customers and business partners use Google Drive and not One Drive services. This makes file sharing and collaboration not totally transparent.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We were analyzing continuing with Drive, but we needed to improve our storage and unify tools that is why we prefer to switch to One Drive and the entire Office 365 Suite. Dropbox in particular didn't offer the integrations we required as a business.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Google Drive gave us very little storage. Moving from one level to another was quite expensive per user.

A cloud storage application from Microsoft

I have Office 365 from my employee and I use OneDrive as part of it. I love that I can created word, powerpoint and excel files in my browser, and that I can open all the files immediately. It is also possible to create links as separate files, which is convenient. But my best finding in OneDrive is OneNote, it is well-made and super useful. It is my new must-have application. I should also say that sharing feature does not work always properly in OneDrive due to some security reasons. Even my colleagues cannot always open my shared files.

Pros

Basically, OneDrive is very similar to other cloud storages as Dropbox, GoogleDrive and others. It is multiplatform, has options of "make available offline", "camera upload" and so on. There is also a personal Vault, which could be useful. It is convenient if you use other Microsoft products like Outlook, online Word , online Excel. If you have a business version from your work (for example, Office 365), it might be even more convenient to keep all emails, work files and calendar together.

Cons

But when you deal with Microsoft, you get a lot of complications. Too many options, too many details, too much information, too many security limitations, you just get lost. Therefore, I would recommend to use OneDrive as a stand-alone storage, especially if you have an outlook email (although I personally prefer Dropbox and GoogleDrive). If you need some combination of storage and word / excel applications, then I definitely recommend to go to GoogleDrive. If you have something like Office 365 from your work, enjoy a lot of possibilities and expect it to be slower and harder manipulate.

I use all three

Imi from NDT

Great Product that is troubling due to constant changes.

It is my go to.. I think about OneDrive as my hard drive, Love it. However, I speak for the many persons who are frustrated because they are not tech savvy.

Pros

I loved that you have all you documents synced onto your personal devices, and I USED to love the fact that there was a separation of concern regarding the shared sync tool from OneDrive and my personal OneDrive file. This allow my team members files to be in its own "space" and this was a good thing. This was what I liked about the OneDrive ..... but

Cons

OneDrive has changed in 2021 and this change has brought about headache for all. No syncing because the OneDrive is locked and awaiting action by users who has no idea as to what is wrong... Removal of the SharePoint/OneDrive sync has now left me with the newest experiment that is named the "ShortCut inside the OneDrive" these shortcuts are difficult to manage. I am used to improvement and enhancements, but when having to deal with thousand of employees that are just getting their feet wet, some changes are "UnWelcome"

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Office 365 is complete and enterprise ready. Come on this google products are otherwise. Good, but I have always read that there is Good, then there is Better and there is the Best... I think Good, Better Best is appropriate to apply for this situation. I am not saying that OneDrive is the Best, but is is Better than the rest.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

The 365 E5 offer is just a very comprehensive package. This is what made /forced the switch, but once you have join this movement then you cannot move back. It addictive.

akinlotan from Tmegadesignltd

dynamic and easy access

it is good for business and it really helps to keep all files saves for like ever. it is easy to access anywhere and also reduces the loss of data and files.

Pros

This software helps me a lot as i have different sites and location to visit often. It comes handy as all files can be save on the cloud storage therefore relived me of the stress of carrying my PC or external storage device. it helps my organization staffs to be able to access company profiles and project anytime needed. It comes handy with office 365 which is an essential tools for me. With OneDrive every of our worked files are saved forever.

Cons

uploading bigger files are sometimes slow maybe due to poor network. It will be also be better if a lite version can be designed so as to make files and data stored easily accessible and faster. the price for premium plan is a bit high than other related software.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

i switched when i needed to access MS word and my PC was not with me. it provided all solution to my challenge that year and here i am today stick with and recommended to my company

Bradley from Fisher & Associates

Great product

Excellent. Copies Documents and pictures between my iPhone and PC. Organized the My Documents folder to sync. Have had a few issues with My Pictures and syncing from the iPhone. Think I need to enable background application operations or some sort of tweak to better sync over from my iPhone.

Pros

Syncs all documents to my Windows 10 machine from my iPhone. Easy to securely register devices with SMS Texts, e-mails with codes, and the MS Authenticator app.

Cons

Have had a few issues with photos from the iPhone. Likely a fluke or settings tweak needed. Seems like syncs from the iPhone are a little off at the moment. Everything from my PC ports over directly.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Always have had great results from Microsoft. Very loyal. Excellent company.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Like Authenticator and the MS Office 365 License I have includes one drive. I believe a few version may be available as well. Please note DropBox did a nice job too. One Drive is a bit more complicated, but seems to offer more options. Perhaps increased security as well.

Onedrive - For everything and everyone, anytime, anywhere.

For many years I use Onedrive and I only have to praise the product. Its accessibility, security and lightness make Onedrive one of the indispensable programs for my day-to-day. Safe and accessible documents and files anytime, anywhere. Thank you Microsoft, for making my life easier.

Pros

Onedrive is undoubtedly one of the most important tools for all types of users, from casual users to professional users. Available on various platforms, from the web, desktop and even mobile versions, they allow users to access their files from anywhere, anytime. Very secure, Onedrive allows you to store the most important documents in your personal safe, with two-step protection which guarantees a lot of security. Its mobile version is extremely light and fast, allowing instant synchronization of files and documents. The most outstanding positive points are: - Multiplatform: available in web, mobile and desktop versions; - Synchronicity: documents and files synchronized instantly; - Security: secure access via password and two-step verification; - Practicality: simplicity in accessing, editing, moving and deleting files is excellent. In addition to all its benefits, Onedrive allows greater allocation space with its premium plan, ensuring more storage space for the user. Every user should use Onedrive, one of Microsoft's best tools.

Cons

The negative aspect of Onedrive, is due to its limited storage space. Unfortunately, thinking about today, 5gb of storage is very little. Using the tool to store large amounts of files is not feasible in the basic plan, forcing the user to subscribe to the premium plan, or to buy a larger amount of storage. I believe that at least 50 gb could be made available to users as other companies supply in the market like the Russian company Yandex or MegaNZ. A nice solution would be for the user to "buy" the virtual space for a certain price, something like a dollar for each gigabyte of storage, something in that sense, instead of the user "renting" the virtual space for a period. The values ​​of the monthly plans are also a little high, even if they integrate access to Office 365, as it induces the user and buy a solution that is often not interesting at the moment. Other than that, Onedrive is sensational.

Norzihan from Maxis

Good option for cloud storage

I really like using cloud storage service because the easy access to my files and data, also can be protected with password for sharing purpose. The uploading and downloading speed is pretty fast depending to my internet connection stability. Overall, it has a good value for money spend here.

Pros

Working with OneDrive with Microsoft Office 365 is really amazing as i can saves my Office document directly to my OneDrive cloud folder without having to save it manually on the OneDrive platform. This software has its own application for mobile and computer that is working on the background, and it will automatically save a backup file for all the new file saves on my computer.

Cons

There are no option to recovering for older version that has been updated/overwritten for my file and document. The premium plan should include this option as the premium plan has much larger cloud space that can hold or archiving the old document easily.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Both has their winning feature, but i am more comfortable using OneDrive.

Why Store in OneDrive rather than Email Attachments?

My overall OneDrive experience has been fantastic! All my meeting minutes through OneNote are in it so Executives can open the minutes and add more or complete items. Now that some associates have seen why I use it, well, they're starting to use it too.

Pros

Creating a OneDrive account is simple, so simple you'll wonder if you did something wrong. Sharing documents while controlling viewers and editing abilities is just a simple click! In addition, when you share something via OneDrive you can find it easily by logging into your office.com account from any web browser OR while working on your assign computer you can easily find your OneDrive shared documents through File > Open. There's more! Now, you can turn document Tracking on and have multiple people editing your document without having to email it, revise it, email it, revise it, email it, etc. OneDrive is so simple it's confusing. Take the plunge and use it!

Cons

It seems confusing when setting it up because it's so simple. You need to pay attention when sharing a document and be sure to share with the appropriate permissions.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We switched because switching meant no more logins, no more passwords, no more links to other websites, and no more downloading a document to edit it, upload it and then share back.

The cloud solution for Windows Users

I think OneDrive is a solid product that is evolving in the right direction, learning from other solutions on the market, and adpating to the Microsoft ecosystem. It comes by default with Windows and works very well with the Microsoft 365 tools

Pros

OneDrive is well implemented into the Windows 10 OneDrive offers 1TB of data to payed users of Miscrosoft 365 OneDrive offers shareable links with password protection and expiration dates, allowing more security and peace of mind when sharing with external partners

Cons

Microsoft 365 is using a mix of Sharepoint and OneDrive to manage document sharing amoung a company/team, making hard, sometime, to know how and where to access files. Even if there are ways to add a sharepoint folder to a user OneDrive, it's not straight forward. Synchronization could be a bit tricky if you have multiple OneDrive account on a PC.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We needed a more solid an business oriented solution that would offer better compatibility and sharing options with our clients. Google Drive is a solid solution, but the Office tools are not as advanced as the Microsoft ones.

LAURA from LauraLovely

Industry: Cosmetics

GREAT help for these times

OneDrive has been a life-saver for me during COVID-19. For different projects there is endless paperwork and files that need to be shared and stored. I have my onedrive shared with a few people so that we all have access to the files and don't need to constantly email the files to one another every time we make a small change. What I do requires a lot of collaborative efforts and if a file is changed and not sent out to everyone, things fall apart. Due to how easy it is to organize and share, things go much more smoothly. I can even have access to files from 2 years ago in my Archive files that I created.

Pros

You get 5GB of free storage but you get more if you have Office365 or buy more storage. I do have office 365 so I have significantly more storage than 5GB and I utilize it. It is very easy to use unlike many other programs. Anyone that I have walked through OneDrive has picked it up immediately. It is very easy to organize files and keep the entire thing very clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

I do wish that you could have more storage without having to spend more money. I understand it from a business standpoint but 5GB is much less storage than you would think.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It was preferred by those I work with.

Rex from Calvary Assembly Of God

Great product for small organization

OneDrive helps us keep our files with us everywhere we go- computers, phones, tablets, etc. It’s great, especially when working from home or on the road.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, security is top notch. We use this daily in our offices. I love the mobile versions, so we can have our files anywhere we can connect to the internet. Syncing is quick and effortless. Top notch product.

Cons

It’s very picky about file names- when we switched from Google Drive we had to rename a lot of files that had special characters in the names.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I love how OneDrive syncs with everything else Microsoft, and Google is notorious for dropping software and changing features. We really wanted stability.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I like the Microsoft software better.

Ali from AZEREX LLC.

Your files above your head on the clouds with OneDrive!

If you need a simple and functional software with all the features for backup in the clouds, Microsoft OneDrive is your answer. Working with Andes is very enjoyable and simple.

Pros

Transferring personal files and photos with OneDrive is very simple. Microsoft knows how to simplify complex software and at the same time be very fast, smart and powerful with highest security features. All our personal and organization files are stored in Microsoft Safe Clouds via OneDrive. In sending files with large sizes, all you have to do is attach the file link to the person via OneDrive or attach the file from there. Also now Backing up files is very simple now via OneDrive. Extremely simple and very smart in doing things and very smart and fast backup.

Cons

Features such as link expiration after a specific date or password for files are very important and must be added to this platform.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

More Simple, Access to Microsoft office Tools and has great support team.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Compress uploaded photos without prior notice to me and I need the original size of the files.

Jarvis from Infinite Ideals

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

One Solution: One Drive

Overall I like that my team and I can upload and share files, documents, and proposals remotely in real-time reducing wasting upload times. We can make changes and the other time member can review changes instantly. It has allowed us to really make our business mobile and we can work from home or on the subway or even driving cross country with one of our drivers.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to open and access files from any device such as PC, Phone, Tablet etc. I also like how its real time as well.

Cons

I don't see or come across anything that I didn't really like or enjoy about the software it exceeded my expectations 10 fold.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Brand, name and reviews all gave One drive the heads up in the market place.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

The change was more economical and the software was apart of the office suite.

Nandy from Lifetime Co-operative Credit Union Ltd.

Safe and Secure Cloud Store

Onedrive is great for small companies with limited server space. It is great for collaboration and reduces the need to send multiple emails with attachments.

Pros

Simple interface Easy organization free with office mobile and web access Can share files and collaborate with colleagues Automatically saves progress when working with documents Can save any file type Easy to retrieve if your computer crashes Works with all Office 365 apps

Cons

Unable to share files with users who do not have an outlook account Document update on the desktop version can be slow or lagging- you have to remember to ensure one drive is running in the background.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We did not want a completely web-based software for security reasons. It was perfect for collaboration.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

My company purchased Office 365 licenses.

Darlene from Petaluma People Services Center - Mentor Me

Industry: Individual & Family Services

If I Thought I Loved OneDrive Before Covid19...

We had a physical hard-drive in our admin offices, which housed all of our organizations documents. After three years, it suddenly died, trapping our docs inside. Tech support bought a new drive of the same type and used it to retrieve our documents and suggested we transfer them all over to OneDrive. It was a great solution and we were all happy that we were now able to access documents from home without having to ask someone in the office to email them, or having to remember to email them to ourselves before leaving, and then update/restore upon returning. This was two years before Covid19, and now, with all of us working from home and our building closed, we would not have been able to function during the past ten months without OneDrive.

Pros

Adding OneDrive to our systems was simple. Integration and transfer of data was easy. OneDrive is very user-friendly and our staff members, even the low-tech ones, had no problem adjusting to the new system and finding their way around. What I like most about it is that when Covid19 hit, there were no adjustments or measures necessary to take in order for our admin staff to be able to work from home. Our laptops were already loaded and we were good to go. Thank goodness one thing Covid19 related was easy!

Cons

I haven't actually found anything I don't like about OneDrive. Granted, our needs are simple, but our staff uses it every day and we all love it.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Our tech team recommended OneDrive and because OneDrive has a free version, it was a great fit for our small, youth serving non-profit.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

It was decided that as comfortable as our staff was with a physical central hard drive in the office, it was time to switch to something cloud-based and take advantage of everything that has to offer.

Angela from Otter Things

Onedrive Is My Number One Place for Online Storage

OneDrive came with my Microsoft 365 subscription, which was a nice addition along with the other programs. I don't have to sign in to another service to access my files. It gives me the ability to always access my files from computers and mobile devices at an affordable price. The file system is similar to most desktops and allows me to manage files easily, whether I am copying, transferring, or modifying names. Opening even my largest illustration files is simple, fast, and allows me to work on the fly.

Pros

OneDrive offers me the ability to store files in the cloud and access them from other devices and away from the office. This is very handy when accessing my smartphone files for sharing on social media, especially on sites that only work on mobile devices. I have a great CPU with a lot of space, but I create large illustration and video files that would fill it if I didn't have another place to save them.

Cons

Having my files available wherever I am is great, but a copy is stored on my device once a file is accessed. This will slowly fill up valuable space unless I delete it. I did not realize this until my CPU with huge amounts of space filled with these duplicate files. It took me a little time to determine how to reclaim the space safely.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The price of OneDrive was less than Dropbox and Google, considering it came bundled with a bunch of other programs.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I switched from Dropbox (personal) because it didn't offer enough space for the files I needed to hold at an affordable price. It was slow and clunky when it came time to upload and download.

Kim from DepEd

OneDrive of a Kind

Describing an overall experience with OneDrive only takes a single statement--I'm with OneDrive of a kind!

Pros

Security. Accessibility. Interface. These three things are the most likeable features of OneDrive that sets it apart from other cloud storages. Its ability to define the "shared by you" and "share with you" makes it secure to track the files casted here and there. It also allows users to track the exact time and exact action taken by the modifier of the file---guest of contributor. Its files are formatted just how documents are formatted in our personal computers' Documents folders. Hence, accessible and easy to understand. Its desktop application version is lovely! So lovely that you could actually think that it's just a normal folder in your pc. And finally, the interface! For a user with tons of files to manage, a clean, minimalist, and sleek interface is very important for me. A well-sorted and neat arrangement of my files that are easily accessible saves me more time to focus on my work rather than sorting my files every now and then. All I say is, this software is 'OneDrive of a kind.'

Cons

Finding out how my OneDrive desktop application's files take space in my hard disk somehow saddened me although I managed to deal with it by just choosing "free up space". This lessens the consumed space in the disk and gives you the option to just download the file whenever needed. But if there is one thing I wish to improve in this software, it would be to totally detached it from the disk space although the app is really actually installed in the pc itself.

Michael from Dr. Schär

Professional storage and collaboration tool

I have been using OneDrive for years, even privately, and have always been very satisfied. For business use, it is now impossible to imagine everyday work without it, especially if you work internationally with many partners. I find the easy usability, the numerous and seamlessly integrated functions and the possibility to access all functions and files via app very practical.

Pros

I use OneDrive every day to provide colleagues and partners inside and outside our corporate network with files in a central location. The integrated office solutions, the possibility to work on documents in real time and simultaneously with others, the professional commenting function (works like a conversation and you can tag colleagues) and the possibility to open office documents even with the installed office programs (whereby the changes are then synchronized with the version on OneDrive) are undoubtedly very practical. The possibility of restoring older versions of documents and the intuitive interface (drag and drop) are other plus points. The integrated office programs offer professional functions that are almost equal (in terms of features) to the offline versions, and the daily work can also be done in the online office. Some features such as the spell checker or the translation function are not yet to be found in the installed programs, but can be found online.

Cons

The only points of criticism are the role management and the possibility to share folders. OneDrive offers all functions, but not all of them are self-explanatory. There is a share button (to give access to new people, i.e. create an access link or send an access mail), a create-link button (for people with existing access) and then there are other options such as "direct access". Most of the time the access features work, but sometimes partners tell me (even though they appear to me as people with access) that the links I send them do not work for them. Most of the time it helps to create a direct and new link with the share feature. However, this could be improved.

Damian from Educe Consultancy

Benchmark in Cloud File Sharing and Collaboration.

I'm pretty sold on OneDrive due to it's key integration across the Office family. I use both Windows and MacOS and have to say MS do need to up their game on their offering to Mac users. The experience is still integrated and seamless but OneDrive interface lacks the depth of its Windows counterpart. Pricing is negated when part of the 365 Suite and you get 1TB too (readers to check at time of reading). Taken on its own, you can probably find cheaper storage solutions per buck but you may lack security and collaboration tools. OneDrive works extremely well on mobile devices too and makes document management on the go, easy. It's ability to collect a file from any PC you've setup a OneDrive folder one is hugely beneficial.

Pros

I rate OneDrive highly due to the safe-guarding/keeping features, the straightforward nature of One Drive and the intuitive UI. If you are fully integrated with Office then it provides a seamless experience to connect all Office apps for collaboration and synchronisation. I need files across various devices and OneDrive provides apps for all popular desktop OS's and device. Specific areas in order of importance: Security - As a minimum I have 2-factor authentication on everything and OneDrive utilises this too. Even if your password is blacklisted and weak then you have the safety of the MS Authenticator App on mobile and email with the former working on my Apple Watch, which is a great feature. For the ultimate protection you use OneDrive's Personal Vault feature, AES 256-bit encrypted on Microsoft’s servers and controlled by PIN for chosen folders. Sharing & Security - The ability to drop your files or folders in a OneDrive folder on one device, it is then duplicated on all the devices which have the OneDrive folder installed. A great feature that is lacking with icloud and Google Drive is the ability to Password protect and set expiration dates. Photo management - This is more personal than business. One Drive includes really rich photo management attributes. OneDrive emulates iCloud (vice versa) and OD auto-uploads pics & videos from my smartphone's camera roll. It saves small Kb versions on your phone that can be downloaded for full resolution if needed.

Cons

Storage - If you take it as a stand alone I would say that there are better options for storage capacity relative to OneDrive, for price versus storage. I have yet to experience the issue myself, but I have had colleagues who have claimed that they cannot gain access to folders or files that are shared and password protected. OneDrive lets MacOS down with it's less inspiring offering.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

As a team, we did not seem to gel using Dropbox as some found issues with syncing and sharing files. The filling/folder process and mapping did not always seem intuitive. We had used DropBox due to initially having it as an API with SignRequest, but didn't always find this reliable, but it was a great feature to have.

Chethan from Infosys Limited

Review of One Drive

Microsoft OneDrive is nice storage option for Corporates and employees in mid to large organizations.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is been very popular recently for document storage. Microsoft OneDrive is also one of the recommended softwares across companies and organizations. OneDrive is a very safe way to store the data and keep it secure. OneDrive has very nice features of Sync wherein the data will automatically sync the data created offline and the data if edited online will get slowly synced up parallelly in the background. OneDrive is very easy to use after one time registration and creating the folder for the Onedrive to pickup and sync. As a one time setup, the user will drop all his / her folders, subfolders and files inside the specific folder created for OneDrive. Once the folder and files are inside the OneDrive, the users will be able to easily access them and edit them similar to accessing any other files within their personal folders. This is very beneficial for users to access their data from anywhere across the world and also for users to keep their data safe within their official and personal laptops. One can easily setup the folder for share and team usage when required and keep the other folders as private to not allow others to view or access them. With Onedrive the data will be safe and user can easily retrieve their data when the Laptop crashes due to unforeseen circumstances.

Cons

Microsoft OneDrive has very nice features but also has few disadvantages. OneDrive is a proprietary product from Microsoft and its a paid tool. Microsoft is mainly popular among corporates and it still not so popular with common people or individuals. Though Microsoft is providing some free storage for single users but the storage limit is comparatively less and one will end up going with paid option at some point. Microsoft OneDrive will be syncing in the background and it will increase the internet usage and hence the user need to pause OneDrive or stop syncing when not required or using limited internet connectivity.

Bradley from Centre College

Essential for Cloud Storage and a successful workflow.

Overall, I find OneDrive to be a very reliable service. Over the years, MS continues to improve and incorporate new features in their software packages. I trust that my data is safe and secure in the hands of MS. I do think they could improve by allowing images from your personal OneDrive to be hosted on other sites.

Pros

OneDrive Personal is free for all users that sign up and are given 5GB of storage. Storage capacity can be expanded with prices starting at $1.99 a month. It is very easy to share data and assign permissions to your files and folders. Syncing your data with the app allows effortless uploading. Another cool feature is OneDrive's ability to detect your most frequently used files and then making those files readily available on your PC - while your less used files are kept in the cloud. The purpose of this feature is to save storage on you PC but also allows for faster access of those you use more. OneDrive for Business offers all the features of Personal but you are given a larger capacity from start. OneDrive FileVault is another cool feature that MS has recently added. With the FileVault you can store a limited amount of files in a folder that is password protected.

Cons

Some of the downsides to uploading documents to OneDrive include the rejection of special characters in the file name. It does notify you of files that do not upload and to fix this, all you do is change the name but if dealing with a large number of files, this can be an inconvenience. Also, uploading large files, over 1GB can take a long time and if your connection is lost, you must start over.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I choose OneDrive over the others because of the MS Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT) i use everyday. OneDrive allows for your files to be opened and saved directly from the cloud that improves workflow. Also, anyone who is a Windows user, has an account so why not use it? Although many of the other services also offer a free account, MS has been a leading company in the IT world.

Mark Joseph from FinancePH Group of Companies

Cheaper Alternative to Dropbox plus Added Benefit of Microsoft Office Products

I have been using one drive for 2 plus years now and I could say it was a great decision to transfer from dropbox to one drive.

Pros

For several years I used dropbox to store files. Then I realized that there is a cheaper option and it is One Drive. This software is relatively cheaper at 1TB file storage. It also allowed me and my family members to share the software because it can be shared up to 5 users if you use the family plan. Overall, we are very satisfied with this software.

Cons

The software has some minor bugs if you use it with a Mac and not on a Windows OS. Further, the uploading of the files takes longer unlike in dropbox, the uploading is faster because dropbox only uploads changes made to the file and not the entire file. Further the problem is also when one drive detects duplicate files for example you are using your one drive in your macbook and windows laptop. There are times that the files get duplicated. It would have been nice to allow us to see those duplicate files so we can decide which one to retain or not. It seems difficult at this point. But I am hoping in the future versions it will be easier.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Again because it was cheaper and has free microsoft office programs

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

One drive was cheaper and more value for money

Randall from Answer2construction

Onedrive. Seriously, only one does it all

They are phenomenal and I get 100 GB cloud storage every month through my cell phone service which is T-Mobile don't think I'll ever use all of that fantastic job again at Google hq.

Pros

I like it is made by the Google corporation and Incorporated with all other Google apps and software. I like that with my cell phone service I get 100 GB of online cloud storage so my phone and drive storage space on the cloud isn't at capacity in fact my phone is always full of available storage as I just go in upload and backup my stuff every couple days.

Cons

I wish the interface was a little more intuitive to the user maybe more control over backups restore points should be able to access from any computer from anywhere once logged in.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Yes they are way more dependable as far as security goes

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

100 GB cloud storage with my cell phone service T-Mobile via MetroPCS.

Amy from Substratum Systems

Perfect cloud storage for home and business

I've used OneDrive for several years now and have converted several people onto it as well. If you are a Microsoft user, it's a no-brainer to use this to safely save anything and everything you'll need. I have tons of personal and professional files stored in OneDrive and I never have to worry about losing files again. Its been very easy to organize and access my files from anywhere, but even if you aren't organized, their search function is great. I use this at least 10 times a day. It's quick, easy, and helps to ease my mind that everything from my business financial files to baby photos of my children are secure and will never be lost.

Pros

I'm a lifelong PC user and a small business owner. I love being able to have my personal and professional files safe and easily accessible from any device I'm using (phone, tablet, laptop). With my Office 365 subscription, I can also add my business partner and kids to my OneDrive account so that all of our documents, photos, and links are available to whoever needs them. It's also easy to upload, organize, and share files and links.

Cons

I use OneDrive to store and backup all my documents and I love it. My only issue has nothing to do with OneDrive itself, but rather that some of my clients prefer to use Google Drive because it's free and they don't need a paid account to have a shared cloud drive. Because of this, I often have to use both drives. However, because I trust OneDrive, I always save everything there first before uploading a copy onto Google Drive.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I typically have Microsoft products for personal and business use. I used Dropbox for a while because Microsoft didn't have a cloud drive that I liked. Once OneDrive was introduced, I tried it and loved how easily it worked with my Outlook, Office Suite, etc. I transferred everything over to OneDrive and never looked back.

Lohany from FUNASA

Industry: Government Relations

my experience using OneDrive

Very pleasant, total practicality and ease of use, I quickly got used to handling it, I use it both at home to store personal documents and photos, and at work through the business plan, with a unit, it was easier to edit files and spreadsheets accounts without running the risk of losing or messing with the formatting of the document. With a 15 Gb space offer that can reach 35 Gb free per account and 1Q paid in the plan with a very attractive price, I am satisfied with OneDrive and do not intend to change.

Pros

One of the advantages that I found practical and very feasible, was the fact of not having to make the files in the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint template, native files because they are already there, that is, it is available to create or save files in these formats. unlike the competition that we have to turn into native files if we want to extract the full potential of the application from there, another advantage is the synchronization of the computer with the application so that whenever I make a change to a file that is saved in the cloud it is changed automatically and the price for 1Tb very competitive and even includes an Office 365 license, complete integration with Microsoft operating systems, Windows phone and Office365 that allows you to save all your Microsoft Office documents by default to Onedrive.

Cons

I haven't found something really strong yet that makes me dislike the services offered by the unit, maybe the space available in the free modality is equal to the competition. those who cannot work with contracting a plan, but the cost-benefit is good since they are priced based on comparison with other plans, another disadvantage is that despite being on the roadmap to correct these problems, currently, Onedrive does not support files with some special characters (eg% and #) and it is also not possible to import files with names over 256 characters in length. It also has a limit of 20,000 documents.

Nick from CSB of Middle GA

Industry: Mental Health Care

Why did I use Dropbox for all that time?

The minor aggravation with my initial setup is nothing compared to the ease of using it with other Office products, especially across mobile devices.

Pros

OneDrive easily integrates with all of our other Office software. Since transitioning to Microsoft Teams for interagency communication and using Outlook for our mail, the availability of OneDrive to seamlessly store large volumes of data securely while at the same time being able to selectively share it with individual employees is amazing. It fits into what we do as a component of our system, unlike other cloud based programs that seem to be standalone rather than integrated.

Cons

Once I figured out how useful it was going to be, I did a mass upload of files. It was a somewhat aggravating process. I wish that I could have selected all the files to upload, then have OneDrive batch and upload in segments rather than doing a single upload that inevitably would stall.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We tried OneDrive first and saw no compelling reason to continue searching since it met and/or exceeded all of our needs.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Microsoft’s storage space and ability to integrate seamlessly with other software in the Office suite made it attractive. We decided to give it a shot. It was worth the time invested ten-fold.

Pradeep from Ibm

One Drive review

It has solved a big problem for our firm currently. I would like to see the service becoming better but I am satisfied with the product currently

Pros

We are to push the auto sync of data through to all our employees. Helps backup critical data of all users and avoids any inadvertent loss. It also ensures productivity is not lost.

Cons

It slows the systems and sucks the bandwidth. I would like it to be more seamless. Sync schedule can be automatic by learning the user usage patterns and setting up at a time when the usage is low.

Existing partnership and licenses

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Part of major digital transformation program and licensing

Great value with Office 365 subscription

Access to files regardless of what device and platform I'm using. Ability to share and collaborate on docs with other team members, especially for O365 docs.

Pros

Does everything that other cloud storage services do, and has good cross platform support. However, the area where it differentiates itself is the excellent value it is when it comes part of an O365 subscription.

Cons

iOS integration could be a little tighter. Dropbox seems to be a bit more integrated, with more ability to save files to Dropbox using the iOS share menu in different apps.

Integration with O365.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Better value subscription as it comes with O365.

Amanda from Clever Dough

I Use OneDrive For My Personal Important Files Because I Know They are Safe There!

I use it every morning. I love to use for keeping our family budget sheets up to day, for sharing files and creating files and that they are really easy to download to look at offline too! I'm really very impressed!

Pros

I love the fact that you have have your personal private files in the special OneDrive personal Vault, which requires extra password protection. It's great! Especially when you need a file but are not close to your regular computer or device, you can log on anywhere in the world and go through the special vault for extra incryption. I love it! And it's very generous with the files sizes too! Plus it's just so easy to use! Definitely my favourite online document storage place for sure. I particularly like using the sheets that work pretty much exactly like Excel, I love not having to learn new systems just to work online. Thank-you Microsoft!

Cons

Nothing really. I used to find it annoying if I had a shared document with my partner and we couldn't work on the files at the same time and have the system remember to do the updates, but that seems to be fixed now, so it's all good!

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I actually have both, OneDrive is just my favourite of the two.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I switched because I wanted more protection for my personal files. I still use both for my regular and business files. But I really love OneDrive because it's just so user friendly!

André from Hexis Científica Ltda.

Industry: Chemicals

Reliable, and very well integrated with Microsoft Suite

The users of the company had some problems with their computers using mechanical hard drives, they often stopped to work, and their files were gone. With the configuration of OneDrive, they have a backup of everything that has modified on their files, also it is possible to access them from different devices, like mobile, tablets and another computer, it became a very good tool for our external Sales team, that always need to share files, presentations for the clients. Therefore, it is very interesting the integration with other Microsoft tools, even with the GPOs that you can set some configurations of OneDrive.

Pros

The integration with the Microsoft products is awesome, we can share a file directly from OneDrive to e-mail, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams, it helps to have a unique point where all of your files are located, also, we can setup the software to do a continuous backup of your desktops and notebooks.

Cons

The price is expensive for the small companies, specially when you have some products with better price on the market. Other point that needs to be enligheted: it is not so easy to configure it on the users computers, and it cannot backup Outlook .PST files, it could have been a problem for the companies that stores a large amount of e-mails.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We already had the Office 365 suite, just had to add one more product and make some little changes on the contract, it really worths the money invested. If I choose another product, I would have to make some changes on my Infrasctructure, which was not possible on that time.

John from BinaryNoir

A great cloud drive service for those in the Microsoft ecosystem

Overall I find OneDrive to be a good solution. As with many cloud providers, the free tier leaves a lot to be desired as does the levels of space vs subscription costs.

Pros

OneDrive is generally easy to use and works on all my devices whether it is mobile or desktop. It also integrates nicely into my iOS Files application, making it a great choice as a user of Microsoft 365. The stand alone applications work great on all of my devices and allow me to have multiple accounts, both personal and work, making it available everywhere I need it.

Cons

One feature that needs improvement is the file sharing feature. It can be cumbersome to understand, especially on mobile, what the access rights are for a file or folder that I have shared. Modifying or removing these rights, as well as discontinuing sharing a file, is also very frustrating to figure out. And even though I know I have done it many times, I find myself fumbling to modify and remember just what I did before to adjust these settings.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

While I use iCloud Drive as part of my solution (as well as Droplr, which I love) I use OneDrive because the space provided within the Microsoft 365 subscription is substantial and included.

Shayna from Williamsburg James City County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Powerful Storage Allows for Collaboration and Organization

OneDrive is just powerful and convenient. There is no hassle when trying to save large files, sync multiple devices, locate files through search, or when sharing and collaborating with colleagues who need access. It's a lifesaver, and I highly recommend it.

Pros

The best thing about OneDrive is how it integrates with all of the other Microsoft products that we use on a daily basis. I don't have to take extra steps when saving, sorting, or sharing files. I can easily save a file on OneDrive, invite others to read or edit the file, copy or relocate it to another area, view, sync, and access everything I need no matter where I am traveling or teaching. We previously used a more clunky storage platform, and OneDrive is far more intuitive. Once you've learned the basic steps, everything else falls into place.

Cons

The only real con to OneDrive is that it honestly has so many features that I'm sure I'm not using them all. I should probably take a class and extend my understanding of what it is capable of so I could better integrate it with my work in other Microsoft programs. However, it meets and exceeds all of my current needs, so it's a very mild criticism.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Our organization is in the process of switching all of our storage and collaboration on SharePoint to OneDrive. I don't know the specific motivation, but I know it's a multi-year process and we are still using both while moving more and more to OneDrive over time.

OneDrive for university student

Overall the application is quite useful and I recommend any one who need ICloud facility on Windows,Try on Microsoft OneDrive.It will serve you very well as ICloud on Apple computers.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service which provided by Microsoft to any user who has Microsoft email account.As a ICloud for Mac,I was needed a cloud storage to my Windows PC.I was needed a cloud storage which can automatically upload my studding documents to a cloud storage and giving the accessibility to my documents by from any device which I use.Because I can not carry my desktop computer any ware and every studding notes or lecture slides which I put it on my laptop must need to be in my desktop when I come home.For a apple Mac user no need to have this problem because they have ICloud and anything you put on MacBook it will be on your Mac computer in home.As a Windows user for this problem I could able to find a solution which is OneDrive.It automatically backups my documents on any windows computer which I logged on my windows email to my cloud storage and there for I am able to access my study notes and lecture slide from my any computer.It is very helpful to me and OneDrive is the one of my favorite software which installed on my every windows computer.

Cons

I like OneDrive so much because its service is speechless as a windows user.But my main cloud storage is Google Drive because it supply me much more services than OneDrive.The all services which provided by Google like Gmail, GoogleDocs are interconnected with my GoogleDrive there for it is much easier and useful to use as my main cloud storage.I do not use other services which provide by windows therefor I has no need to use OneDrive as my main cloud storage.The reason which I do not use the services provide by windows because those services are not very familiar with others and lot of other people does not use windows providing services.Lot of peoples are using Google providing services so it much easier to use those.I hope those services provide by windows will get familiar with others and after that I do not need to use two cloud storage and definitely I choose Microsoft OneDrive.

Steven from Davidson Academy

OneDrive in an K-12 Education

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been excellent. Integration with Office 365 and within Windows 10 makes it an easy and effective application to use.

Pros

As part of Office 365, OneDrive is an excellent online storage application for our students to save and share their work. In an educational setting, students have a Terabyte of online storage available to them. This provides students with the ability to save virtually every piece of school work that they create during their school careers. The ease of configuring OneDrive to automatically save everything in their Desktop, as well as their Documents and Picture folders provides students and our IT department with the peace of mind that they will not lose any of their classwork in the event of a computer failure. Additionally, the ability of students to access their OneDrive from virtually anywhere on any computer makes this product versatile and extremely useful for our students

Cons

The default settings for OneDrive do not automatically include the Documents folder, the Desktop or the Pictures folder. Sharing documents or other files directly from the user's computer is problematic. It is best to open the OneDrive folder online and share files from there. The distinction is confusing to students. When using a free account for OneDrive, you are limited to 5GB of storage.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Our school made the switch as part of our Office 365 implementation. While Google has GoogleDocs, Sheets and other apps, Microsoft Office is the de-facto standard in business applications. We chose Office 365 so that our students would have experience with this suite of applications when they enter college or the workforce

Don from RV Business Coach

Came on board kicking and screaming...

Overall, OneDrive is easy (and fairly mindless) to use. In fact, I am slowly migrating most of my iCloud files to OneDrive so that I can more easily access them from either my Mac or my PC.

Pros

I first started using OneDrive because it came with Office 365. I didn't really intend to do much with it, other than maybe store some personal stuff out there. After all, I was a Mac user so I had iCloud and an attitude towards Microsoft. But one of my clients was an avid Microsoft shop, so I had to start using Microsoft products more. I eventually even ended up buying a Surface Pro for travel. And that's when OneDrive really started to shine. OneDrive works both on my Mac and my Surface Pro, so it's super easy to keep files synced between them. And it does a nice job of disk management, so even though I have a lot of data in the cloud and a tiny drive on the Surface Pro, it's pretty quick to locate and access any files I need. And did I mention that since it's included in Office 365—which I needed to have, anyway—the first 1 TB really costs me nothing?

Cons

I have a minor problem on my Mac that the OneDrive sync software doesn't always start up on reboot (even though it's configured to do so). Until I figured that out, I would occasionally have problems with files not syncing. So, for example, I'd copy a file to OneDrive, grab my Surface and head out to a client site, and once there discover that the file hadn't synced. So now I just make a habit of being sure OneDrive started after each reboot, and all works fine.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Once I started using OneDrive, I found that I liked it better than iCloud. The Windows iCloud software is not Apple's best effort, and frequently files don't sync. So if I have files I know I need to access from both Windows and Mac, I make sure they are on OneDrive.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 9,953 reviews