• Pros

• "The direct integration with Google Drive saves us lots of admin time. Pricing is much more reasonable than some of the competitors we evaluated."

• "Pics.io is easy to get started with any quantity of assets. I really appreciate having my assests under "my" control on the Google drive."

• "Price and simplicity - works well for org size "

• Cons

• "There are however some better software that can do a similar job and are cheaper. Other then that I believe this is a really good software."

• "Auto sync could use some improvement as it doesn't always work but all i have to do is hit a button to force a sync so it is no big deal."

• "I dislike that I cannot trust other users to properly upload and protect the assets. They also do not use the library and continue to ask others for images or rely on their own inefficient system."

Browse Pics.io Reviews

Anthony from Weatherford Fit

Pics.io revolutionized our agency asset management, reduced costs & optimized our creative process!

It's a gamechanger for our agency, and we plan on using them forever. The cost structure is unbeatable since it's based on seats rather than media storage limits, which will save our agency hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. This is by far the biggest cost saving per SaaS our agency uses. The DAM supports all the functions you would expect from a top tier DAM software, dynamic AI based tagging, proofing, large portfolio of media extension previews, extremely quick rendering, folder support with unlimited subfolders, meta data explorer/updater, and more. Its support for Google Drives makes it unique and adds huge value.

Pros

We took a risk with Pics.io, it seemed like a newer solution in the industry and it was significantly less then what the competitors offered in terms of cost. But, it met our goals and needs perfectly. We wanted a system that would be able to seamless collect all our client's assets, which we're currently being stored inside of Google Drives and more importantly Google Shared Drives. We did not want to significantly change our onboarding process and to keep it as is we needed to continue to use Google Shared Drives with our DAM software. I was a bit worried that it would be a ghetto implementation due to all the API work required to get software like this working, but it was flawless in the end. The biggest driver for us was cost. Since we are a full-service media agency, we produce terabytes of information in terms of videos, images, raw formatted creative, and even some rare formats like 3D. The cost to do this with other DAM's would be easily 5-6 figures per month since we would need to pay by the GB. The ideal solution for us would be to use our Google Drives since we have UNLIMITED storage. Pics.io was able to deliver a fully working DAM with dynamic creative support and previewing using our Google Drive storage saving us hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. I think it would be impossible for any other DAM to compete with this solution on cost and functions. - Cost - Integration with our Google Drive's and Google Apps - Ease of Use - Support - Functionality

Cons

At first, some less common formats like PSB (Large Photoshop Files) did not have support at all for previewing and some larger PSD's failed to preview. This would have been a major issue for us, since the entire reason we decided to go with a DAM over just a Google Drive was to be able to quickly preview media files in mass. Pics.io was able to quickly fix these issues and add FULL support once we reached out to there support via LIVE CHAT! This was huge for us, since it's rare to have a SaaS turn around feature requests within a day or two on demand. Overall, support has been nothing short of exceptional! Second issue, which hasn't been fully fixed yet, is the AI scanning / tagging of assets sometimes seems to fail with some formats. They have been working on making this better, so I'm not overly worried about it and it's not a hugely important function for us. For the most part, it works well. Overall, Pics.io has been able to resolve any issues we experienced. As a DAM, it works very very well.

Reasons for Choosing Pics.io

Pics.io had ALL the same functionality in terms of the DAM software, but it exclusively supported working with our Google Drives and it's SEAT based pricing model helped us save a ridiculous amount of money.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Anthony, we highly appreciate your being with Pics.io and sharing your experience. We are continuously working on improving our product and our support team is always here to help.

Holly from Madison Country Day School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastic value and stellar support!

Our photo library and photo management process had been a total cluster nightmare before we switched to Pics. We have thousands and thousands of photos that had previously been stored in a bunch of different places, haphazardly categorized, not syncing properly, and overrunning our hard drive space. Cleaning up that kind of mess definitely does not happen overnight, but I’m relieved that we now have the right tool to be able to do so. Now our main problem is just finding the time to transfer and organize our huge backlog, instead of fighting with the software as we had in the past.

Pros

TONS of features and highly customizable. Too many to discuss them all here, but to cover just a few… My very favorite features are the hierarchical keywords / ability to use a controlled vocabulary for keywords (rare in products that fit in our budget), granular permissions for different user roles AND within specific folders, and "audit trails" that show who did what and when. Pics.io’s “websites” feature is also great—this allows us to share various ad-hoc downloadable collections of photos with people in our community in just a few clicks (without needing to give them actual accounts) AND to auto-expire the “websites” on a particular date. We’re always getting photo requests from people, and so this feature saves us a lot of time (in our old system we had to just email photos to people or lend out flash drives or some other cumbersome thing). Pics also has custom fields, which I love. I haven’t yet delved into using custom fields to their full potential, but even in my limited use of them so far, they’ve been great for miscellaneous details that we don’t want cluttering up our keywords or descriptions. Last but not least, support is truly stellar. There is a built-in chat system within Pics, and someone almost always replies within a couple/few minutes. Everyone is always very friendly and helpful. Pics is also incredibly responsive to feedback and they've already implemented a couple of feature requests for me, which has made a huge difference for our workflow.

Cons

Although the search functionality is very robust, many of the more powerful searches require using specific syntax rather than the graphic search interface. I'm generally okay with that myself (although sometimes I get stumped and need to take some time to figure out a particular search), but some of my colleagues find using search syntax less intuitive, and so they can struggle to find things when the appropriate search in a particular situation requires using the syntax rather than the graphic search interface. Navigating the results of a search can be a bit cumbersome if there are hundreds of results located in a number of different folders, since it’s not possible to get a bird’s-eye view list of all of the folders whose contents match the search query (there is a separate folder search, but that only searches for the names of the folders themselves). This isn’t a huge deal, since I can of course just scroll through all the photos or revise the search to exclude the individual folders I don’t want to have to scroll through, but I do find myself wishing that the two forms of search could be integrated. But I have not put in a request about either of those things, and Pics has already changed the things that WERE on the top of my list, when I made the requests. So I’m not too concerned about this.

Reasons for Choosing Pics.io

Although we had previously been using photo library software, what we really needed was a full-fledged asset management system, and on a tiny nonprofit budget. Pics.io was far and away the only option that met our needs and was affordable. We didn't want to store our files in a totally different system (ruling out SmugMug) so since Pics uses Google Drive for storage, and we already use G Suite, it was perfect. We're a school so we did look at school-specific systems as well but they were either too expensive, didn't have the right features, or were too inflexible.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Holly! Thank you for review. We appreciate your company being with us and continue working on our product.

Angelo from AKH Photography

Comes up a bit short of the big giants

I used Pics.io for my personal photo business. I wanted a way to be able to collaborate with my fellow photographers and editors on certain projects and I found this software to be somewhat useful. I liked the fact that it works right on top of Google Drive, but I wanted something more to it -- maybe something more fluid streamlined. Maybe it hasn't dawned on me just yet, but I feel as if Pics.io is still not matured enough to compete with other software giants like Adobe, etc..

ELENA from RT

Most comprehensible asset management tool so far but one glitch in the beginning sorta spoilt it

Overall, we liked it and kept using it even after the folder were killed thanks to the tagging

Pros

We used the tool to tag and share 4000 images among various parts of our projects. We liked the color tagging, word tagging, folders and various sorting tools which also included the search for untagged images

Cons

However at some point due to a glitch or a mistake by one of our users the google disk storing our actual files got disconnected from the pics.io account and on reconnection all our folders became a mess. Thank god tags survived, but folders were gone and we had been relying a lot on them. Turned out that uploading images through pics.io was a mistake. We should have uploaded the folders and images straight to the google disk and then synchronise it with pics.io. If it was part of the training on how to use the tool, then we had missed out on it.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied February 2020

Elena, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience disconnecting Google disc, however this is normal behavior of the system. To prevent misunderstanding, we show a big modal window explaining that disconnecting Google disc will lead to losing folder structure. We keep working on constantly improving on-boarding flow and will be happy to hear your suggestions Thank you again for being Pics.io user.

Ross from RocketBrand

pics.io is a DAM great solution (har)

pics.io has helped us really make better use of our digital assets, better unlocking the potential of our work. we've still only scratched the surface of building our processes to leverage pics.io

Pros

Pics.io does what you want out of a DAM while leveraging the power of google drive for storage. It is priced very competitively and has been adding new features at a rapid pace. The support team has been very responsive and actually adds features we request. How bout that!?

Cons

i haven't had any complaints so far. pics.io is a newer platform compared to some other DAM systems, so it might be missing features for some people

Reasons for Choosing Pics.io

we looked at several other DAM solutions but most were way more expensive and offered less than pics.io

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Ross, we are happy to hear that you enjoy working with Pics.io. Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Rob from Plastic Bank

Industry: Environmental Services

Good Features, Good Price, Great Service

We need to quickly get new media assets to our partners and our social media team and this does the job really well. It has been a life saver and is really easy to administer. Additionally, their support team is first rate. We have only been on board a few months but have seen the product evolve and improve. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Cons

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied December 2019

Rob, Thank you for being our customer. Our CTO is currently working on improving our auto sync and it will be working perfectly very soon. Thank you, again.

Duncan from CFA Society of the UK

Great for organising video assets

Organising video content ahead of uploading to a Learning Management System (Fuse).

Pros

Really easy to use, great organisation tools, good team collaboration tools, fantastic customer support.

Cons

The advanced search tools aren't well documented, and it would also be helpful to be able to search by metadata specific to video files, such as video length - although I believe this is on their roadmap.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Duncan, thanks so much for your review. Your request is already on our features roadmap list. We appreciate our users' requests and add them to our roadmap. Thank you for using Pics.io!

Arnold from Lokyatha

Easy & simple DAM to understand, administer and implement at a cost effective price

Pros

It took me barely few hours to get a hang of the platform and test out the basic features I needed. I work with several remote freelancers and hence managing the content workflow was a challenge for me. I really like the integrations available into Google so you have almost unlimited space at very low cost, as well as the integrations into Adobe products. I appreciate the ability to collaborate and review work products at multiple levels and the features that allow you to edit, rework and approve with appropriate security authorisations. Although I do not use the feature much yet, I really like the auto keywords feature that generates keywords for meta management.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons that I would like to highlight at this stage.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Arnold, we really appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your review.

Dave from Bruno Creative

A professional product that's affordable

Overall it's a great tool I've implemented for myself, I've been working with DAM systems for 3 years now and it is a great platform. I use it on a small scale, which is perfect but have yet to try an enterprise setup with it.

Pros

The price and quality of a product like this doesn't compare. I consult and use various products with large corporations and small marketing companies, mine included, and this solves the issue of a useful tool that's within budget, and scalable depending on how large it needs to be. It has Adobe CC integration for designers, a public site to publish assets in an easily accessible area, uses your Google Drive storage, which is perfect if you'd like to also utilize the desktop folders and have the files downloaded. The interface is simple and easy to add metadata. Mobile site access is great.

Cons

I'd like to see improvement with the public sites to customize specific assets or use various collections, as well as customize the layout, as well as easily sharing to other apps, social media. It's not a dealbreaker though, as it definitely keeps up with the other competition.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied January 2020

Dave, Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and continue to improve our solution.

Dave from Heartline Ministries - Haiti

Pics.io Review

Love it. Works great and consistent.

Pros

Price and simplicity - works well for org size

Cons

I would like a mobile app and increased mobile functionality

Simplicity and price

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Dave, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We continue working on our product and the mobile app is on our road map.

Scott from MidShore IT

Amazing Digital Asset Management Program

I set out looking for a way to manage my digital assets so that they become useful to me, and didn't cost me more time trying to find what I wanted. Pic.io allows me to save tons of space on my internal drives AND backup drives by using an infinitely expandable Google Drive system, and does it all AFFORDABLE, not to mention that it can scale up to fit future needs. Customer for life right here.

Pros

So of course, I LOVE the price levels in Pics.io, especially compared to all the other DAM software platforms out there. Past that, I LOVE the fact that they built this system to run directly from Google Drive, which is great affordable storage. I was able to use a program on my computer to upload ALL of my Digital Assets to the chosen folder on my Google Drive, and from there Pics.io worked its magic and is doing its part to keep me working. The ability to create custom tags, keywords AND custom fields is absolutely what I needed, all in a package I can afford that will grow with me into the future!

Cons

While I LOVE the fact that this system runs its storage directly from Google Drive, I do wish there was a way to run it from Amazon AWS Cloud Storage, or even my own on-site server. My catalog is huge, so uploading it all was a pain. I also wish that it did more automatic processing of things like keywords and details. I know some of that is impossible, but to a point, it isn't for basic info.

Simon from Jowissa Watches Ltd.

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Pics - It was and still is the right DAM system for us

Pros

-Using Google Drive as the backbone let's you profit from features of both software platforms (pics and google drive). -It writes Metadata directly into the asset files. That is a great feature -The team continuously improves the platform, one of the latest additions is the Adobe Integrations -For a DAM it pics offers cutting edge performance at a great price

Cons

It has to function within the file restrictions of Google Drive which poses some limits when working with one file on multiple locations... For example if one assets is put into two folders it will duplicate the real asset in the background (at least to my knowledge).

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Simon, thank you for being with Pics.io. We highly appreciate your feedback and always continue working on improving our product. Our support team is here to help with all the questions.

David from Lage Design Inc,

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best solution to start with DAM.

I love it and am going to keep using and promoting it.

Reasons for Choosing Pics.io

Easy to start up, it was favorable to store files on a trusted server.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied January 2020

David, Thank you for your review!

Monica from Genesis

Everything we needed in a simple to set up and use tool

We didn't have anything in place to manage creative provided by our team of photographers. We wanted to have a central place where photos could be organized in a flexible taxonomy that would enable easy search for assets based on author, date or other basic tags The trial was easy to set up and the pics.io team was there at each step to answer our questions and offer best practices. Adoption was easy as the tool is quite simple to use for all roles involved

Pros

User interface is quite friendly and intuitive Set up was simple and didn't require much technical knowledge Great customer support.

Cons

While there's an ample selection of alerts, I cannot configure to receive them selectively, for example: if a comment is entered on an asset. I can select yes or no receive but I cannot receive ONLY for my assets.

Ease of use Price Support

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied November 2019

Monica, thank you for sharing your impressions using Pics.io. We continue working on the features that you might fid useful.

Ariel from Outdoor Photo Journey

Almost but not quite

Pros

Supported across many platforms is a big plus. Place all my images the a collections folder. The search function is also very useful.

Cons

There are better software solutions out there that do a similar job not to mention are cheaper, namely Google.

aleksey from Codus Soft

Great service

Easy to add new revisions, compare it, discuss with the customer directly in the chat (they called it "activity panel"). I can finally put all images into folders ( collections"), add tags, keywords, colors, etc. Powerful search. I create from some collection web-site gallery and send to the customers, right in the Picsio, right now.

Alexandra from PurrCreative

Solution for my design team.

Pics.io was a answer for my question - "How I can work with outsorce designers". First probem that was soved - version control. I is very easy to make revisions and visual comments with this service. Google Drive allow to improve workflow speed.

September 2016

Pasha from Lackrosy

September 2016

Easy to use DAM system with unlimited storage

Pics.io is build on top of google drive, so I was able to get unlimited storage just for 10$ extra. Friendly interface, nice features, as example I was able to create website with my portfolio in two clicks. Totally worth their money.

Angelica from My First Academy (MFA)

So much easier !!

Great Product!!!!! this helps keep everything organized. We absolutely love this software and its so easy to use.

Syed from University of Hertfordshire

Easy to use. Good software.

Pros

Pics.io gives the user the ability to add other people to the project to get help and collaboration and once they are not needed anymore the user can easily remove them. This team can contribute with their own comments and marks and the user would receive notifications of everything. Pics.io is supported on just about every platform.

Kseniia from fabrika

best cloud-based solution for my digital collections

best cloud-based storage with comfortable integrations, converters and gorgeous portfolio creating options

April 2016

Patrick from Adwenture Flow

April 2016

Can't imagine life without pics.io anymore

Guys are really doing a terrific job adding new features. I can't imagine life without pics.io anymore.

Response from TopTechPhoto

Replied October 2016

Thanks