All Pixpa Reviews

A breath of fresh air

Rizvi

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Powered a desire in me to have a bigger web presence with great UI, designs and SEO.

My experience with Pixpa has been emotionally very satisfying, largely because of their excellent customer service. The entire team has always been excellent at handling all my concerns and answering all my questions with detailed feedback, sometimes simply making the changes how I envisioned them. It is a brand that consistently exceeds expectations.

PROS

Simple, fast, visually appealing, functional, and easy to use. Outstanding customer service is an added bonus. I have created two personal websites and plan to make some for clients.

CONS

There are no real negatives. I have used many platforms so I have a good background to compare this platform with others. Pixpa offers the best value for the money, and the customer service is better than any of their competitors; better than Squarespace, Wix, and WordPress from my experience. I suggest maybe allow templates that is geared towards a funnel landing pages. It can be achieved with some advanced customization and coding but this platform would be a game changer if they had templates that simply allowed you to create that.

Reason for choosing Pixpa

I needed a simple but elegant website. Wordpress would have absorbed me and delayed my projects. Sometimes simplicity is divine and Pixpa offers just that. (not to say Pixpa is not robust because it absolutely is)

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

Pixpa is cheaper, better layouts, easier to use and better customer service.

Hi Rizvi! It's great to see that Pixpa has been able to meet your needs and requirements in so many different ways! We love to see our user's have the best experience possible with us! Thank you for your kind review and detailed feedback. It is invaluable to us in our quest to grow constantly and improve our platform to adapt to our users' needs! - Team Pixpa

Replied March 2022

Andreas

Pixpa Review

PROS

Pixpa has a powerful feature set at a very affordable price. It also includes client galleries. In the past I had to have 2 services, 1 for a website and another for client galleries. Now I can do all that with Pixpa.

CONS

It is not the most intuitive to use but once you figure out the tools and system it's fairly straightforward. I do wish it were a little more customizable but for the price you really can't beat it.

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

Squarespace was too expensive and didn't offer client galleries.

Hi Andreas, Thank you for your review! We’re delighted that Pixpa’s powerful features and affordability have streamlined your workflow by combining website and client galleries into one platform. We appreciate your feedback on the intuitiveness of our tools. While we strive for user-friendliness, we understand there's room for improvement and continually work to enhance our user experience. Our help center offers tutorials to help you get the most out of Pixpa. We also acknowledge your desire for more customization options and are constantly working to provide greater flexibility. Your feedback is invaluable and helps us improve. Thank you for choosing Pixpa over Squarespace. We're dedicated to offering a comprehensive, cost-effective solution for creatives like you. Best, Pixpa Team

Reviewed January 2021

DO NOT USE WASTE OF TIME

Lots of complications that will appear out of nowhere, for no reason. Constantly having to check to see if my site has somehow gotten a new problem without me editing it.

PROS

It easy to get very simple stuff started, but a waste of time

CONS

They suck. I've been using Pixpa for 2 years and it just keeps getting worse. I just had hours of work deleted, and because they're based in India and not all of their employees have a good command of english I got the report "Have made the changes" regarding a page being deleted and replaced with a months old backup. They're rarely available for normal US business hours, don't waste your time. Headache generator should be the name of their site editing software.

Hi David, We are sorry that you had a negative experience. You have been using Pixpa for several years now and we value your feedback. Our team will reach out to you to resolve any issues that you have faced. Thank you for continuing to use Pixpa.

Replied May 2021

Whitney

Reviewed March 2024

Pixpa will not disappoint!

There are many things I love about Pixpa. I switched website hosts to save money and add features I didn't have before. The thing that pleasantly surprised me the most was the customer support. I've reached out a few times for creative support and each time I was met with detailed, clear support. One person even created a screen recording to show me how he did something, which I loved, so I could reference it back if I ever needed it. I could also do the update myself, even though they already took care of it for me, so win win! I love that they look at my actual website and support specifically to my site rather than in a general way. This alone will make me a life long customer. But on top of that I've loved being able to create a blog where I can embed video and images. The client galleries are super customizable where I can turn on and off different features for different galleries and albums. Designing the overall website was easy and intuitive to me, and I love that I can import custom fonts and colors to match my branding. I'm so glad I switched to Pixpa last year!

PROS

A selling point for me with Pixpa is that it offered a blog, client galleries, as well as selling prints directly through the website.

CONS

I have had some issues with some levels of customization. One specifically is with title fonts not being cohesive for my blog in different views. Images are suppose to be optimized based on my selection, but I find my website gets poor performance scores, so I'm not sure if that is happening on the backend. I wish there was a way to customize the layout of my blog a big more, especially with images.

Reason for choosing Pixpa

Some of the additional features for those websites were features I already have with my CRM program. So I was looking for more website specific features rather than CRM tools. And the prices just couldn't compare to Pixpa's 2 year commitment deal.

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

(I used LiveBooks it wasn't an option in the drop down and won't let me submit without selecting an option above) LiveBooks didn't have the customization or features I wanted, and it was way too expensive for what they were offering. It was a cool system when I first signed up many years ago, but they haven't kept up with the times I feel.

Hi Whitney, We're overjoyed to hear about your positive experience with Pixpa, especially the value you found in our features like blogs, client galleries, and direct print sales. Your feedback on customization is greatly appreciated, as it helps us improve and cater to your needs more effectively. It's heartwarming to know that our customer support has made a significant difference for you, providing the personalized assistance you needed. Your satisfaction and continued support inspire us to keep enhancing Pixpa. Thank you for choosing us over alternatives and for recognizing the unique offerings and value Pixpa brings. We're thrilled to have you in the Pixpa family and look forward to supporting your creative journey for many years to come! Best, Pixpa Team

Replied March 2024

Kelly

Photography, 2-10 employees

Overall Experience is Great

PROS

Inexpensive and has began to offer more useful features over time.

CONS

Videos cannot be directly uploaded. They have to be uploaded from a third party.

Hello Kelly, Thank you for your review and for highlighting your positive experience with Pixpa! We're glad to hear that you appreciate the affordability and the evolving feature set we've been implementing. Our goal is to continuously enhance our platform to meet the needs of our users more effectively. We appreciate your feedback on the video upload process. We understand the importance of streamlining content management and are continuously exploring ways to improve this aspect of our service. Your input is crucial for us as we strive to make Pixpa even more user-friendly and comprehensive. Thank you for choosing Pixpa over other platforms. We're committed to providing you with the best possible service and look forward to delivering even more valuable features in the future! Best, Pixpa Team

Nate

Reviewed May 2024

Pixpa is one of the best for your website!

PROS

The Pixpa team is amazing! They are fast, friendly and have an amazing amount of knowledge! Webpages are easy to make and the whole platform is very user friendly, even has options for those that have a bit more knowledge to create something different within. Their biggest strength is customer service, I never had to wait for hours, they usually get back to me within 5 mins or less and they are so helpful, its truly the best spot for your website! I highly recommend!

CONS

I can't think of any, anytime I think of a negative, it was usually a doing of my own because I messed something up lol, but they always timely helped me out and got me back and running :)

Hello Nate, Thank you so much for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you've found our platform easy to use and our customer service team responsive and helpful. At Pixpa, we strive to empower creatives like you with all the tools you need to bring your vision to life effortlessly. We're here for you anytime you need help, and we look forward to continuing to support your creative journey. Thanks again for choosing Pixpa and for recommending us – it means the world to us! Best, Pixpa Team

Joshua

Great Customer Service Every time

PROS

There are a lot of things I like about Pixpa, but their customer service is the reason for this review. Recently, I switch my domain+host and couldn't figure out how to fix the issues I was encountering. I reached out to them and they quickly walked me through the process and even fixed the main issue with my host for me.

CONS

That I couldn't figure out how to it myself. I don't think that is Pixpa's fault though.

Hi Joshua, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Pixpa. We're thrilled to hear that our customer service team was able to assist you effectively during your domain and host transition. At Pixpa, we strive to ensure that every interaction with our support team is helpful, thorough, and tailored to meet your needs. Thanks again for your kind words and for choosing Pixpa. We're here for you anytime you need assistance or have any feedback to share! Best, Pixpa Team

Elliot

Music, 1 employee

Legit good

Very pleased I chose Pixpa to run my website and their customer service is incredible. I'll send a message and have reply within 2 minutes and they walked me through the domain linking which confused me.

PROS

Was easy to use after about 10 minutes of using it and understanding the tabs and what can be edited on which page of the website.

CONS

Would be cool to drag and drop a few things around the website to fill in blank areas

Reason for choosing Pixpa

More affordable was what initially drew me in because I'm not chasing a super fancy website and I don't currently make sales through the website.

Hi Elliot, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on Capterra! We're thrilled to hear that you found Pixpa easy to use and are enjoying our platform. It’s great to know that our customer service team could assist you promptly and effectively with your domain linking issue. It's wonderful to hear that Pixpa’s affordability and functionality meet your needs. We're here to provide a robust, yet straightforward solution for professionals like you who need a reliable and effective online presence. Thanks again for choosing Pixpa, and please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or need further assistance! Best, Pixpa team

Jamie

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Great Product that met my Needs

Awesome! I would recommend them to anyone!

PROS

I love how easy it was to use. I was able to make an entire website in one day! There online "help" center answers most questions and then their customer service was great at answering additional questions in mostly real time! My old website started losing functionality and the company I had it with would never help. This is by far the best feature for novice web designers!

CONS

So far I haven't had any! They even helped me launch the site so that it would be done correctly with my existing domain name and previous hosting company.

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that you found Pixpa easy to use and were able to launch your website in just one day. It's great to know that our help center and customer service team were there to support you every step of the way, especially in transitioning from your old provider. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation, and we're here to continue providing you with the best possible service. Thank you for choosing Pixpa, and we look forward to supporting your journey with your new website! Best, Pixpa Team

Noel

Very easy to use

PROS

It's way cheaper than most website builders and its very easy to use. I love that I can make client galleries aswell. The customer service is great!

CONS

I would have liked a bit more freedom in how I set-up my pages. The blocks are very big and I don't always have the layout I want.

Hi Noel, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you find Pixpa not only cost-effective but also user-friendly, especially for creating client galleries. It’s great to know that our customer service has met your expectations as well! We appreciate your feedback regarding the desire for more flexibility in page setup and layout sizes. We’re always looking for ways to enhance our platform and will definitely consider your suggestions for future updates to provide more customization options. Thanks again for your insights and for being a valued member of the Pixpa community. Your feedback helps us grow and improve! Best, Pixpa Team

Eve

Reviewed September 2021

Excellent choice for photographers

PROS

The best customer service in website templates! Building the site felt like having a personal assistant on call to help every step of the way. Every question I had was not only answered very quickly but often even solved directly by the PIXPA team. It was like having your own web designer for free! My favorite team to work with!

CONS

No cons so far ...and I have been using it for three years!

Reason for choosing Pixpa

Better pricing, great customer support, flexible product window sizing for photography prints that don't fit into square windows

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

Bad customer service , constant price increases after first year deals

Hi Eve! 3 years is a long time and we are incredibly happy that you have had such a great experience with us! Its great to know that our Customer Support team was always there to help you with everything you need! We take customer service very seriously. Thank you for leaving us your lovely review! - Mia

Replied September 2021

Efthimis

Reviewed October 2022

The best value for money overall package for a pro photographer to maintain his own website!

I am using the service for the last five years and my experience is totally positive. I built and maintain very easily my own website and I really like the overall design and the aushthetics of the templates. For the last year i am also the author of two blogs that I am able to run directly from Pixpa.

PROS

Templates design, photo galleries design, simplicity of use, server up time, integrated blogging

CONS

I don't think that they are cons, they are just some useful updates need to be done. Just add VSCO and VERO in social icons. Add central management of the photos in one place so the user can have total control of the files.

Reason for choosing Pixpa

I discovered Pixpa by "accident". Five years ago it wasn't so advertised. I guess I followed my intuition. I wanted something fresh. After five years of use I am very happy with my choice!

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

The price was very expensive for what the service offered.

Hi Efthimis! We're delighted that you discovered Pixpa. We're very happy to know that your experience with Pixpa was 10/10! Nothing makes us happier than seeing our users happy. We are constantly growing as a platform to better adapt to our user's needs and your feedback is crucial for that! Thank you for your review. We are very happy to have you on board! - Team Pixpa

Replied December 2022

Tony

Reviewed February 2023

Pixpa is much better than the competition

Overall experience has truly been amazing

PROS

Customer Service Interaction: I believe this is what sets this company apart from other companies. Pixpa has had a tremendous quick response when it comes to inquiries. They have also fixed all of my issues. There is just a level of care by their team that is different from other companies.Easy to use: Software is highly customizable. Very easy to Learn and use without prior website building knowledge.Functional: Website integrates very easy with your own custom domains and also has plugins that you can integrate into your website such as e-commerce or even a chat button that people can use to get in contact with you on the site.Content Management: Very easy to upload your images. Also, the documentation that is listed on their site explains very simplistically on how to get the best quality images without losing detail on your upload.

CONS

The only con I have is more integration on e-commerce for printing sites such as "ThePrintSpace". They have WHCC but more options would prove beneficial to multiple users.

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

I was always a fan of format.com when I initially started my photography journey. The images loaded in full resolution and the templates were nice. However, the site always seemed to suffer either from website/mobile lag and issues when it comes to further customization of my site. It also didn't allow for the ability to use plugins. Squarespace had massive amounts of issues with navigating on a mobile device and always had very basic templates and no in depth customization unless you're extremely knowledgeable on coding. It also cost more money that what your actually getting with Pixpa.

Thank you for your comprehensive review of Pixpa! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a positive experience with us and that you find our customer service, ease of use, functionality, and content management to be top-notch. We appreciate your feedback about e-commerce integration options, and we'll certainly consider adding more choices to benefit our users. Your input helps us improve and enhance Pixpa.

Replied November 2023

Reviewed March 2022

A great all-in-one service for photographers

I found Pixpa when looking for an all-in-one photography experience that would include a website as well as possibilities to provide client galleries and selling photos. I’m so glad I chose them. The website looks very professional and the software is very user friendly. It’s very reasonably priced and much cheaper than having to pay for all of these services separately.

PROS

I like that Pixpa houses all necessary services like website building, client galleries and selling images under one umbrella. It prevents integration problems and makes that you ultimately pay less.

CONS

Pixpa is very user friendly, but the website building software could be a bit more versatile in comparison to other big more general website building software.

Reason for choosing Pixpa

Pixpa looked better and seemed more like what I needed. It was specifically aimed at photographers

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

Pixpa had all services I needed and was more specifically equipped to deal with the services I needed

Hi Sarah! We are very happy to know that you have been enjoying our platform! Good to know that our client galleries and e-commerce facilities have been able to help you handle your needs all in one place! At Pixpa, we are constantly working to improve our platform and make it better adapted to our users' needs. Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review. Your feedback is always an invaluable help to us! - Team Pixpa

Replied March 2022

Zaccari

Reviewed September 2022

Pixpa Website

Satisfied

PROS

I love the way pixma showcases my portfolio. If you're a beginner it's very easy to use while still giving you a professional looking portfolio. I haven't used any features yet as in the blog or store, or the client app, but everything seems to be well put together for my needs for photography.

CONS

The website looks really good when you're using a computer I was having a few issues with how it was looking when I viewed my site on my phone at first, only half the page was loading and I will have to refresh for the full page to come in, It may have just been an issue at the time because I haven't had that problem lately. Other than that everything else seems to be working just fine.

Better for photography

Reasons for switching to Pixpa

They were more expensive and didn't have all the features that pixpa has. Squarespace seems to be more for other types of e-commerce, not so much for photography.

Hi Zaccari! We're very happy to know that Pixpa was able to meet your needs as a photographer and help you set up your beautiful website. We are constantly growing to improve as a platform and better meet the needs of our users. Your feedback is valuable to us in helping us reach that goal. Please reach out to our Customer Support team for any issues you have with your website. - Team Pixpa

Replied December 2022

Munirih

Reviewed September 2021

No Regrets with Pixpa

PROS

It is very easy to use and has great customer service. All my queries are answered in a very timely manner, and they are always able to help me. The overall features available are great and I am guilty of not using Pixpa to its full potential. There are also several different tiers of subscription which are perfect for different users with varying needs.

CONS

So far, I've had no problems with Pixpa!

Reason for choosing Pixpa

I found a website template that I loved and was able to easily edit it to suit my needs, more so than the others. Easy to use GUI

Munirih we are very happy to know that Pixpa has left you no room for regrets. Great to see that our platform has been working so well for you in every way - Mia

Replied September 2021