What are SmartDocs users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SmartDocs software through verified user reviews

4.7

• icon"I love the product it integrates nicely through the entire windows suite. I don't have any issues with it."
  • icon"The most desirable aspect of this software is the ease of use and ability for multiple people to edit."
  • icon"I love this product because I can take on the go and automatically know that my projects save a."
  • icon"The trial period is somehow short. Sometimes the format is messed up if your are using different versions of the program."
  • icon"There are deadlines to be met and you may miss them waiting on assistance."
  • icon"There must be auto saving facility availablr in MS word.A mistakenly simple click can ruin whole efforts."

Browse all SmartDocs Reviews

• Have you used SmartDocs and would like to share your experience with others?

Nomar Salvatore

ideal to make great content reports.

The biggest benefit is that you can minimize the time in the edition of large documents such as research, degree work or any other large work, since you have at your disposal a number of tools that are easy to access and easy to use. the edition of these.

Pros

has an endless number of ideal tools for the production of large content reports, where you can edit it, change typeface, font size, use symbols, insert images from different sites, including preloaded in the program, as stored in the computer. The best of this program esque you can make the index of your work automatically, which avoids that there is a human error when doing it in a non-automated way, which also gives the user the minimization of time in the final execution of the report.

Cons

Sometimes the program closes unexpectedly and you can lose much of the inormaicon that is not saved, because you should always be aware of saving the information, even though the program has a self-recovery mode. In addition to this, it is not compatible with the free operating system, which means that when you open a file that is saved in any of these systems, it is modified arbitrarily and you must redo the edition of it.

Lesley

Smart docs the smart way to work

Great experience will like to buy the full package.

Pros

Easy to use and share. The new look has great tabs on top for use. Folders are nice to use to organize.

Cons

Search for snip it's isn't the easiest.

Reasons for switching to SmartDocs

Saving is a lot easier and it is always up to date.

JAYLEN

Industry: Broadcast Media

Not Great

It was alright. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Pros

It's not the best software in terms of ease of use and efficiently, but it gets the job done.

Cons

The software was not the easiest to use especially for the technologically inept.

Reasons for choosing SmartDocs

We thought it would be a better option, but we are currently going to switch to Google Docs.

Iker satish

February 2022

Makes it easy to share and create documents

Once you learn how to use it, the creation of media becomes simple since the creation can be automated enough and it is easy to share and keep track of what has been created.

Pros

Is an easy content management solution and is great for document automation

Cons

It is necessary to instruct the person who will use this software since it is necessary for a correct use.

Belkys

Smart Docs

I do love the product and feel it has been a benefit for our company

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to share docs among staff for edits and comments

Cons

Does not convert to some other software

Reasons for choosing SmartDocs

Just ease of use and familiarity with Microsoft products

Robert

Industry: Information Services

MS Word - SmartDoc

Experience has been good, we use the product along side google docs.

Pros

I like being able to share and collaborate with my work colleagues. This software allows me to do that.

Cons

It is not as syncd as some competitors in the market. Hard to fault it though. The price point perhaps is a fault.

Reasons for choosing SmartDocs

We use both products depending on who we are sharing the doc with. Some people prefer to use Word.

Jessica

User friendly

Pros

Able to move all other documents here easily.

Cons

Very happy overall, it works great for us!

Jeff

SmartDocs for Microsoft Word review

SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is very user friendly, easy to setup and implement and I would recommend this software to anyone reading!

Pros

I really love this software. I have used it for a while from everything to resumes, to RFP's, to formal documents to simple letters. I would say overall it is fairly intuitive and allows for pretty easy editing and changes along with suggestions. It is also very easy to share documents with others.

Cons

I really have had no major negatives to date. For the most part all aspects have functioned as I have needed them to and I have had no technical issues to date!

Why use SmartDocs for Microsoft Word

My overall experience with SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is that it is a software that is easy to use and you have a lot of different opportunities and functions. SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is perfect for you who writes in groups.

Pros

The best thing about SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is that you can share your documents with your friends and everyone can type in the documents at the same time.

Cons

The only bad thing about it is that you need to be online to use the functions.

Mary

Industry: Broadcast Media

Available 24/7

Working online with groups and being able to compile the work as a group is one major advantage. It has helped me collaborate with my team members during team work and makes work easier in compiling my work.

Pros

SmartDocs are very easy to use you can access them whenever you are. As long as you have internet you can access the documents any time and anywhere. Another pro is the ability to share with others online you can use it for team projects.

Cons

One con about the SmartDocs is that you cannot access them if you are not connected to the internet.

Mohammad Arif

SmartDocs

Pros

The software is amazing for documentation and proposal writing. There are many options for creative writing too.

Cons

The software should have more functionalities for collaboration.

Jacob

May 2022

Highly Recommend

Pros

I would highly recommend this software for anyone looking to integrate Microsoft into their content management

Cons

I did not have any issues with the product

Liz

Industry: Medical Devices

Not sure if I should be happy or concerned

Pros

This program saves the team serious time in managing reusable information. We are also able to control components of document templates and use a logic-based wizard ("Smartbuilder") to customize a template off a single source document. Before, I had to manage 18 different templates to accommodate different combinations of components.

Cons

Con 1 - Lack of development progress makes me concerned about my decision to invest time and money into SmartDocs as a solution. Version 2016 was promised in 2016 - no release. In 2017 users were told there was a change of plan and 36software was working on Version 2017 - no release. In August 2018 we were told that Version 2018 would be officially released soon - no release. We are at the end of 2018 and users are still running version 2014. Con 2 - Training/support. Most SmartDocs training is video based which is way more difficult to reference than written guidance. Support portal is outdated. 36software has a very lean customer support team so it takes them longer than I'd like to help with support tickets. Despite these cons, SmartDocs is still solving business issues for my team and we're not about to abandon the software. It means that I've had to do a lot more on my own with training and support than I anticipated.

Lauren

Making Proposal Writing easier every day

Pros

SmartDocs is an extension right into Word, so I don't have to open and close multiple programs to manage my content. I can update responses on the fly, and easily search and find the content I need.

Cons

They are a small company and sometimes support takes a couple of days. And the latest version is only available in Beta form, but I have started to use it and it already wowed me!

Response from 36Software

Lauren, Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing from our customers and we take your feedback to heart. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying the new Beta version of SmartDocs. We'll be releasing the final version soon! We're sorry for any inconvenience stemming from Support response times. We're adding members to our Support team in the near future in hopes that we can answer Support tickets more efficiently. Thanks again for being a valued SmartDocs user! The 36Software Team

Replied October 2017

Osamah

The Complete Package, All in one!

instead of opening tons of programs at the same time, SmartDocs is a simple extension that can do all of the different tasks. it is very practical and useful to me in many aspects and I will definitely recommend it!

Pros

I am very fond of every Microsoft software and SmartDocs is definitely one of them, it is very smooth and comfy to work with, has an endless amount of useful tools and features and it continues to add more and more with every new release. I like the variety of the available options to work with, you can adjust the font, insert clarifying images and tables to your documents to make it more readable.

Cons

I am a satisfied user of SmartDocs for Microsoft Word, and have nothing to actually complain about!

Adaptable to your needs and easy to use

Overall it's been a great experience, and I program I would recommend if you like the Microsoft family of word processing programs.

Pros

The fact that the menus are easy to select from, and that it's relatively easy to use. It appears to be the most used word processing software for those who use documents in their business because I get (and send) a lot of papers that are .doc and can be easily opened with Microsoft. If, by chance, it's a slightly different word program that was used by the sender, I've always been able to open it with a little converting. Never really have had an issue using it.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I'm not sure how to use and a little afraid to try. Years ago programs came with books that you could access to look up what you needed to know. Now everything is web-based, and I don't like that. I like my answers to be in a book by my side, not in some web browser search engine somewhere. But that being said, it does a lot and I know a lot of people who use a lot more features of it than I do.

Angel

100% Deep Insight About SmartDocs for Microsoft Word

I recommend for those companies whose fun of having documentary type of paper works to use this software SmartDocs for Microsoft Word. All you need to do first is to be familiar with it and be able to know the usage before using. It's actually pretty easy. Overall I rate this 10 out of 10. Rooting for another update on this software.

Pros

It has some unique features and is user-friendly. You can definitely use it in ease and easy to be understood directly, well there are some features which I wasn't able to explore yet due to the fact that I wasn't able to try it out but overall it's a great software. It is very useful especially in office work and is definitely a great advantage for us in this new generation. It would really make our work more faster and easier.

Cons

Because of its lots of features , I wasn't able to test some for I'm afraid of where would this button would go but there's no harm in trying. So far so good it's just that I need to review more of it's features especially that this software would gradually improve and update anytime.

Talha

Industry: Textiles

Litrature review for research,graphics and better presentation

its good for School assignment,hand notes,research paper and professional dacumentation.there are many formats available for report writing and business feasibility report.

Pros

I used it for research paper writing.Amazing app for auto correction,threasure and visualization.Secondly we can put word file to check plagiarism. we can use pictures,graphs and charts to assist our litrature.

ADNAN

Best app for your daily word and recordings

I have been using this app for years, both for personal and educational reasons. I'm 100% satisfied with it and will definitely recommend it to friends.

Pros

- Multi-function application, all your needs are included and plugged in, you won't need to use other programs - You can save your work in multi-forms and transfer it - you can use the online features, which allow you to complete your work in different devices

Cons

- The trial period is somehow short - Sometimes the format is messed up if your are using different versions of the program.

Intuitive, Organized, Document Collaboration Solution

Smartdocs is a wonderful solution to our need of collaborating on projects across different teams and businesses. We do nearly all of our work on electronic documents and nearly everything gets checked and double-checked by other people. This program has made doing so super easy.

Pros

This program is easy to implement, it's easy to use on mobile devices, and it provides an easy platform for collaboration. There are a variety of different tools that make creating intelligent documents incredibly easy. We do almost everything through Outlook, and this integrates almost flawlessly with Outlook. We LOVE it.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that it becomes difficult to navigate when you're offline (airplanes, road trips, etc).

Logan

Great product but the cost is a little prohibitive.

I don't have any issues like I said previously it has more features than I would ever know what to do with. It never leaves me hanging on any of the tasks that I would like to accomplish. Microsoft makes an excellent and clean product.

Pros

I love the product it integrates nicely through the entire windows suite. I don't have any issues with it. It's intuitive it has more features than I would ever use.

Cons

I don't like that it's a little pricy and not a one time purchase but a recurring subscription based product. I do understand that they do that so they can continue to fund updates but I'd prefer to have a one and done product.

mohamed

word is the amazing software

i used the word software for more than 5 years. i use it as a part time job by writing text and make different styles for people who want that . and the updates that are made regularly helped me to increase my clients and make very good work.

Pros

what i most like about this software is the abilities it provide to make a good text styles and the very good options it provide.

Cons

what i like least about word is the the control the space between lines.

Rahil

The Best Text Editing Software - Microsoft Word

I use this software long time, word software the best I've ever seen software. Crack version I never used it

Pros

This software is very simple, I use my text editing work, I can correct the distances between words and sentences with this software.

Cons

Microsoft Word software didn't like crack version, in our work environment everyone downloads the crack version, i can't understand, full version is comfortable and every day update new version.

Dominque

Industry: Facilities Services

Smart Docs Microsoft Word

Despite the CS issue, great program! Very efficient and resourceful.

Pros

The ability to use information repeatedly without doing a whole lot each time. You can customize a template to suit your needs.

Cons

The videos! It would have been nice to talk to a live person faster rather than be assigned a ticket number and wait. There are deadlines to be met and you may miss them waiting on assistance.

Mohammad Mahdi

Excellent Tool

Pros

It makes the life really easier. As a person who is using it every day, easier to use along with being user and friendly is the best thing I need. I am really satisfy with it.

Cons

Sometimes It does not work perfectly. For example, with doing something, you expect to get specific result, but the results is not what you expected. Maybe it is the bug of the software.

4.7/5 out of 149 reviews