• Pros

• "The easy to use menu options and the layout is nice"

• "It makes the life really easier. As a person who is using it every day, easier to use along with being user and friendly is the best thing I need. I am really satisfy with it."

• "I love the product it integrates nicely through the entire windows suite. I don't have any issues with it. It's intuitive it has more features than I would ever use. "

• Cons

• "It was a little confusing using the online version and the desktop version but once I understood, it was fine."

• "i did have some freezing issues a few times but both times i was able to save and close the app "

• "The price. I wouldn't by this software for the full price but luckily I am able to use my U of U membership to get it for free. It is great, but expensive."

Browse SmartDocs Reviews

Nomar Salvatore from Centro Médico Docente La Trinidad

ideal to make great content reports.

The biggest benefit is that you can minimize the time in the edition of large documents such as research, degree work or any other large work, since you have at your disposal a number of tools that are easy to access and easy to use. the edition of these.

Pros

has an endless number of ideal tools for the production of large content reports, where you can edit it, change typeface, font size, use symbols, insert images from different sites, including preloaded in the program, as stored in the computer. The best of this program esque you can make the index of your work automatically, which avoids that there is a human error when doing it in a non-automated way, which also gives the user the minimization of time in the final execution of the report.

Cons

Sometimes the program closes unexpectedly and you can lose much of the inormaicon that is not saved, because you should always be aware of saving the information, even though the program has a self-recovery mode. In addition to this, it is not compatible with the free operating system, which means that when you open a file that is saved in any of these systems, it is modified arbitrarily and you must redo the edition of it.

Lesley from Cds lakeshore headstart

Smart docs the smart way to work

Great experience will like to buy the full package.

Pros

Easy to use and share. The new look has great tabs on top for use. Folders are nice to use to organize.

Cons

Search for snip it's isn't the easiest.

Reasons for Switching to SmartDocs

Saving is a lot easier and it is always up to date.

JAYLEN from Hendrix & Co

Industry: Broadcast Media

Not Great

It was alright. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Pros

It's not the best software in terms of ease of use and efficiently, but it gets the job done.

Cons

The software was not the easiest to use especially for the technologically inept.

Reasons for Choosing SmartDocs

We thought it would be a better option, but we are currently going to switch to Google Docs.

Logan from Logan Terry Agency

Great product but the cost is a little prohibitive.

I don't have any issues like I said previously it has more features than I would ever know what to do with. It never leaves me hanging on any of the tasks that I would like to accomplish. Microsoft makes an excellent and clean product.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that it's a little pricy and not a one time purchase but a recurring subscription based product. I do understand that they do that so they can continue to fund updates but I'd prefer to have a one and done product.

Belkys from Jubilee

Smart Docs

I do love the product and feel it has been a benefit for our company

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to share docs among staff for edits and comments

Cons

Does not convert to some other software

Reasons for Choosing SmartDocs

Just ease of use and familiarity with Microsoft products

Robert from Gempool

Industry: Information Services

MS Word - SmartDoc

Experience has been good, we use the product along side google docs.

Pros

I like being able to share and collaborate with my work colleagues. This software allows me to do that.

Cons

It is not as syncd as some competitors in the market. Hard to fault it though. The price point perhaps is a fault.

Reasons for Choosing SmartDocs

We use both products depending on who we are sharing the doc with. Some people prefer to use Word.

Shanda from Shanda Em

Great for most uses

I quite liked all of the features and think that it's a great option for most people.

Pros

This software has everything you need in a word processor. If you're looking for something that will let you get the job done in an efficient manner, this is it.

Cons

The software itself is great. Many of my clients, however, are Google users, so they preferred that I use an alternative.

Reasons for Switching to SmartDocs

Some people had issues with formatting when opening sent documents.

Jeff from Self Employed

SmartDocs for Microsoft Word review

SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is very user friendly, easy to setup and implement and I would recommend this software to anyone reading!

Pros

I really love this software. I have used it for a while from everything to resumes, to RFP's, to formal documents to simple letters. I would say overall it is fairly intuitive and allows for pretty easy editing and changes along with suggestions. It is also very easy to share documents with others.

Cons

I really have had no major negatives to date. For the most part all aspects have functioned as I have needed them to and I have had no technical issues to date!

Ruwan from University of moratuwa

Make professional documents with microsoft word

This is more useful for educational purposes, report and research writings, and professional documentation. There are many formats for it

Pros

This has many options to deliver the final document with a better finishing. You can change the font face, size, can use symbols, shapes, graphs, photos and pictures. The best thing is, automatically it shows the grammar and spelling mistakes and correcting options

Cons

Even though this has a recovery method, the unsaved information can be lost due to unexpected shutdowns. So you have to save it always. There are a lot of features that are not sure the way of using.

Jeanette from Alexander and Galloway Auction Co

Ease of SmartDocs

I find that using SmartDocs is very easy.

Pros

I like the way I can use the program to do whatever I need to do with my classroom notes, lesson plans, etc.

Cons

When the program upgrades you have to learn the new commands, etc.

Liz from Medtronic

Industry: Medical Devices

Not sure if I should be happy or concerned

Pros

This program saves the team serious time in managing reusable information. We are also able to control components of document templates and use a logic-based wizard ("Smartbuilder") to customize a template off a single source document. Before, I had to manage 18 different templates to accommodate different combinations of components.

Cons

Con 1 - Lack of development progress makes me concerned about my decision to invest time and money into SmartDocs as a solution. Version 2016 was promised in 2016 - no release. In 2017 users were told there was a change of plan and 36software was working on Version 2017 - no release. In August 2018 we were told that Version 2018 would be officially released soon - no release. We are at the end of 2018 and users are still running version 2014. Con 2 - Training/support. Most SmartDocs training is video based which is way more difficult to reference than written guidance. Support portal is outdated. 36software has a very lean customer support team so it takes them longer than I'd like to help with support tickets. Despite these cons, SmartDocs is still solving business issues for my team and we're not about to abandon the software. It means that I've had to do a lot more on my own with training and support than I anticipated.

Lauren from Michael C. Fina Recognition

Making Proposal Writing easier every day

Pros

SmartDocs is an extension right into Word, so I don't have to open and close multiple programs to manage my content. I can update responses on the fly, and easily search and find the content I need.

Cons

They are a small company and sometimes support takes a couple of days. And the latest version is only available in Beta form, but I have started to use it and it already wowed me!

Response from 36Software

Replied October 2017

Lauren, Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing from our customers and we take your feedback to heart. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying the new Beta version of SmartDocs. We'll be releasing the final version soon! We're sorry for any inconvenience stemming from Support response times. We're adding members to our Support team in the near future in hopes that we can answer Support tickets more efficiently. Thanks again for being a valued SmartDocs user! The 36Software Team

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

The Complete Package, All in one!

instead of opening tons of programs at the same time, SmartDocs is a simple extension that can do all of the different tasks. it is very practical and useful to me in many aspects and I will definitely recommend it!

Pros

I am very fond of every Microsoft software and SmartDocs is definitely one of them, it is very smooth and comfy to work with, has an endless amount of useful tools and features and it continues to add more and more with every new release. I like the variety of the available options to work with, you can adjust the font, insert clarifying images and tables to your documents to make it more readable.

Cons

I am a satisfied user of SmartDocs for Microsoft Word, and have nothing to actually complain about!

Adaptable to your needs and easy to use

Overall it's been a great experience, and I program I would recommend if you like the Microsoft family of word processing programs.

Pros

The fact that the menus are easy to select from, and that it's relatively easy to use. It appears to be the most used word processing software for those who use documents in their business because I get (and send) a lot of papers that are .doc and can be easily opened with Microsoft. If, by chance, it's a slightly different word program that was used by the sender, I've always been able to open it with a little converting. Never really have had an issue using it.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I'm not sure how to use and a little afraid to try. Years ago programs came with books that you could access to look up what you needed to know. Now everything is web-based, and I don't like that. I like my answers to be in a book by my side, not in some web browser search engine somewhere. But that being said, it does a lot and I know a lot of people who use a lot more features of it than I do.

Angel from Active Events

100% Deep Insight About SmartDocs for Microsoft Word

I recommend for those companies whose fun of having documentary type of paper works to use this software SmartDocs for Microsoft Word. All you need to do first is to be familiar with it and be able to know the usage before using. It's actually pretty easy. Overall I rate this 10 out of 10. Rooting for another update on this software.

Pros

It has some unique features and is user-friendly. You can definitely use it in ease and easy to be understood directly, well there are some features which I wasn't able to explore yet due to the fact that I wasn't able to try it out but overall it's a great software. It is very useful especially in office work and is definitely a great advantage for us in this new generation. It would really make our work more faster and easier.

Cons

Because of its lots of features , I wasn't able to test some for I'm afraid of where would this button would go but there's no harm in trying. So far so good it's just that I need to review more of it's features especially that this software would gradually improve and update anytime.

Talha from Masood textile Mills

Industry: Textiles

Litrature review for research,graphics and better presentation

its good for School assignment,hand notes,research paper and professional dacumentation.there are many formats available for report writing and business feasibility report.

Pros

I used it for research paper writing.Amazing app for auto correction,threasure and visualization.Secondly we can put word file to check plagiarism. we can use pictures,graphs and charts to assist our litrature.

Cons

There must be auto saving facility availablr in MS word.A mistakenly simple click can ruin whole efforts.

Jessica from Judice Sports and Rehab

User friendly

Pros

Able to move all other documents here easily.

Cons

Very happy overall, it works great for us!

ADNAN from SRC colleges

Best app for your daily word and recordings

I have been using this app for years, both for personal and educational reasons. I'm 100% satisfied with it and will definitely recommend it to friends.

Pros

- Multi-function application, all your needs are included and plugged in, you won't need to use other programs - You can save your work in multi-forms and transfer it - you can use the online features, which allow you to complete your work in different devices

Cons

- The trial period is somehow short - Sometimes the format is messed up if your are using different versions of the program.

Mary from Vision TV

Industry: Broadcast Media

Available 24/7

Working online with groups and being able to compile the work as a group is one major advantage. It has helped me collaborate with my team members during team work and makes work easier in compiling my work.

Pros

SmartDocs are very easy to use you can access them whenever you are. As long as you have internet you can access the documents any time and anywhere. Another pro is the ability to share with others online you can use it for team projects.

Cons

One con about the SmartDocs is that you cannot access them if you are not connected to the internet.

Intuitive, Organized, Document Collaboration Solution

Smartdocs is a wonderful solution to our need of collaborating on projects across different teams and businesses. We do nearly all of our work on electronic documents and nearly everything gets checked and double-checked by other people. This program has made doing so super easy.

Pros

This program is easy to implement, it's easy to use on mobile devices, and it provides an easy platform for collaboration. There are a variety of different tools that make creating intelligent documents incredibly easy. We do almost everything through Outlook, and this integrates almost flawlessly with Outlook. We LOVE it.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that it becomes difficult to navigate when you're offline (airplanes, road trips, etc).

David from Ackuratess

Why use SmartDocs for Microsoft Word

My overall experience with SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is that it is a software that is easy to use and you have a lot of different opportunities and functions. SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is perfect for you who writes in groups.

Pros

The best thing about SmartDocs for Microsoft Word is that you can share your documents with your friends and everyone can type in the documents at the same time.

Cons

The only bad thing about it is that you need to be online to use the functions.

Rahil from State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations

The Best Text Editing Software - Microsoft Word

I use this software long time, word software the best I've ever seen software. Crack version I never used it

Pros

This software is very simple, I use my text editing work, I can correct the distances between words and sentences with this software.

Cons

Microsoft Word software didn't like crack version, in our work environment everyone downloads the crack version, i can't understand, full version is comfortable and every day update new version.

mohamed from Hospital and Health care

word is the amazing software

i used the word software for more than 5 years. i use it as a part time job by writing text and make different styles for people who want that . and the updates that are made regularly helped me to increase my clients and make very good work.

Pros

what i most like about this software is the abilities it provide to make a good text styles and the very good options it provide.

Cons

what i like least about word is the the control the space between lines.

Dominque from South Carolina Department of Administration

Industry: Facilities Services

Smart Docs Microsoft Word

Despite the CS issue, great program! Very efficient and resourceful.

Pros

The ability to use information repeatedly without doing a whole lot each time. You can customize a template to suit your needs.

Cons

The videos! It would have been nice to talk to a live person faster rather than be assigned a ticket number and wait. There are deadlines to be met and you may miss them waiting on assistance.

Mohammad Mahdi from University of Michigan College of Engineering

Excellent Tool

Pros

Cons

Sometimes It does not work perfectly. For example, with doing something, you expect to get specific result, but the results is not what you expected. Maybe it is the bug of the software.

Vincenzo from NYC

Word review

I would highly recommend this software it is very easy to use and easy to share.

Pros

I like the ease of use of Smartdocs, it is very easy to implement and allows for easy use for editing. It is also easy to share these documents.

Cons

Not sure if I can even list a con, this software has been a joy to use and have not had any issues at all.

Vijay from Open access technology international

It is one of the best software to work on in proffesional network

Pros

You can modify and save your data as in way you want. You can even send these files without any restrictions via email. It has a autosave functionality which is one of the best feature of this software.

Cons

Only one person is able to modify the word document at a single time.Share functionality is not available on word document as it is in excel.

Heather from Childcare Network

Great tool

I use this software daily and absolutely depend on it for many processes for my job.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It has many features to help you with additional information you want to add to the body of the document.

Cons

when I first started using it I had to get used to the grammar corrections it was trying to make for me.

Billie from East Texas Element

SmartDocs

my business is always moving aroudn with me and i like my files and editing capabilites with me at all times smartDocs allows that to be possible

Pros

i love how my business can be on the go wherever i go, and i can transfer from device to device in the snap of a finger.

Subhani from Elegant Greetings

A great and reliable software for typing projects

It is a superb, fast, user friendly, and a powerful software. Easy to handle.

Pros

It is very reliable and easy to complete your typing projects fast. It has many features that makes our work easier.Also the software is user friendly and customer supportive. Not only for the office workers, students also can do their projects by them selves.I like the user interface and also it is easy to understand.

Cons

So far, I did not notice any missing places or errors in this software.Even when I am doing a large project, it flaws with out errors or problems. I hope in the future this will come with many more developments and features that makesour work more easier.

Aakash from OATI

Best Documentation Software

Very good

Pros

Draw diagrams, pictures. Very easy to use. Documentation of proposal documents are only prepared on it. Checkbox option is very good feature for those who uses it as test plan in testing domain

Cons

From my side there is one con that you can't share the same file at same time as you get the smae feature in Excel.

Raven from Technical support services

Absolutely love Smart Docs for Microsoft Word

Microsoft smart docs has made creating documents For our company so easy and fun to do because it takes all the effort out it

Pros

it’s extremely easy to use, user friendly, easy setup and makes creating docs a breeze

Cons

I have no cons for Microsoft smart docs it’s a really great program that makes creating docs easy for you

Michael from BRE Motorsports

Microsoft word review

It took me some time to get used to SmartDocs but now I absolutely love using it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the entire program and ease to find the answer to a question if one should come up.

Virna from TAC

Reliable & Flexible

I use this file to create several documents for work.

Pros

This program is very flexible and a great program to use when writing papers for school or for the office.

Cons

At this point, I cannot say there are anything I do not like other than you have to purchase the Microsoft Office package.

Malith from Ebusiness

Industry: Executive Office

Good software and easy to use.

I used ms word three years.. I think i can’t find any faults of this software. There are lot of features in it. This is the best software to all official works.

Pros

Good and user friendly software. It help us for all documantation works

Cons

Good and user friendly software. It help us for all documantation works.

Katrina from Consumer Service

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Smart docs wsord

I love it word has always been my go to for writing material of any kind. My overall experience is amazing. I continue to use this program for writing and saving Information from email , resume sending and just overall I am familiar with this software.

Pros

Word docs is great for saving and editing easyg to upload so I have extra copy of important information for my small business. I just started writing a book and this software supports templates needed for writing ideas and outlining actual details helping me to organize my thoughts and ideas for book.

Cons

Well I believe that additional downloads and perhaps just reviewing software to continue to run smoothly to make my tasks easier. It does take some docs and encrypt them which I have to make sure when sending docs it's in right format for others to open.

MIcrosoft's programs play together nicely in same sandbox

We do lots of word processing, a bit of data input, and some presentations. This program allows us to integrate all these processes closely into our work.

Pros

Microsoft is obviously a big, global behemoth and that comes with its costs, but having a wide variety of programs that work seamlessly together and that can be easily shared around the world (and within my office) without friction is very nice.

Cons

I wish that it integrated better with Google. I understand that they are competitors, but we use both G-Suite and Smartdocs products and I wish they worked better together., with regards to formatting and features.

Ghulam from Mns uet Multan

As a user

Over all its best as it saves my lot of time.

Pros

It is a tool to transform word file to manageable document.We can make documents, proposal, reports with saving time and in best design.

Cons

There is nothing which i dislike about it.

Enid from MOFFITT CANCER CENTER

overall of smartDocs

it's worth to have specially in this electric world

Pros

almost all their Docs works very well and properly. easy use and more creative things.

Cons

I think so far everything I has worked for me and even me through school as well.

shandi from Public Service Credit Union

My Microsoft Word Review

I LOVE MICROSOFT WORD! It is the most simple, easy to learn and easy to navigate software program for writing I've ever used. I love it.

Pros

To be honest, I love basically everything about Word. The thing I love most is how SIMPLE and STRAIGHT FORWARD it is to use. I has been a blessing through school and now my job.

Cons

I'm not really sure I can even think of anything I don't like about word.. this isn't to sound cliché. But, I've honestly never had any issues when using word. It ALWAYS gets the job done for me and my work always looks great! I guess I can't complain, truly.

Tera from Wheeler Childcare

SmartDocs

I use SmartDocs to save all my documents for my class and other papers that I need to save and print.

Pros

SmartDocs is very easy to use.

Cons

No cons.

Reasons for Choosing SmartDocs

I am a Microsoft user. I cant go to another program.

ashish from OPEN ACCESS TECHNOLOGY INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED

Smart docs Editor

Pros

Easy to use, provide many editable options. We can also add extra fonts liberary according to requirement

Cons

Not able to open pdf files. Hangs when file size is too large.

Shanika from Sathuta Builders Pvt. Ltd.

Easy to function and superb software

Excellent software.

Pros

Easy to manage and useful software for every word functions.

Cons

Understandable for everyone and attractive interface.

Aleena from College

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Very good tool

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is Easy to use

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the spell checker

Janet from Proform

Industry: Plastics

SmartDocs for MS Word

A great experience and makes writing documents much more presentable.

Pros

I have always liked using MS Word and this is an upgrade so of course it's so much better with more features.

Cons

I didn't find anything not like-able with this software. Its has always been easy to use so no complaints at all.

October 2015

Johanne from Ver-Mac inc.

October 2015

If you like Word, use it to its full potential with SmartDocs!

I installed SmartDocs in October 2013, using it with a local SharePoint CMS. I have not needed to touch the CMS setup since, except for once. Searching all my content stored in SharePoint from within Word is an incredible feature. There was no conversion downtime for me either because I can insert snippets in an existing legacy manual. Another option is that I can build a document from scratch and add conditions and variables, as many or as few as I like. The flexibility of this solution is very valuable and unique from a continuous deployment perspective. Additionally, I can collaborate directly with colleagues from other departments because everything is integrated in Word. The purchased training was tailored to my needs. Other software companies have their content imposed on you and waste time on things you already know, but not 36Software. You complete a form that defines exactly what training you need, schedule consulting, and participate in it. Additionally, the support portal is full of information. 36 Software also provides free training via webinars that covers most of your needs and gives you the opportunity to ask questions directly to the SmartDocs experts. This solution in Word saved big on learning & training expenses, conversion time, and consulting expenses, which earned me a good review with my supervisor.

Microsoft Word

This product gets the job done when I need it.

Pros

I love this product. I use it weekly and love how I can turn a single white sheet into a master piece when I am finished. I enjoy how I can use other Microsoft products to integrate into word. Today I grabbed graphs from excel and power point and used them into Word to display a report for Senior Management.

Cons

I wish it was a little easier to adjust the page settings on Microsoft Word. They should make the search options more user friendly.

Perfect for Events

This has helped my office in many ways, but it has definitely helped ease how we maintain direct access clients at marketing and outreach events, and the way we are able to stay in contact with each other. It has made this process less of a headache.

Pros

The ability to have minimum windows open to flip through. This can be run as an extension of Microsoft Word.

Cons

The company seems to still be growing and there can be delays in getting fixes and information back to you.

Fawn from High Hopes Head Injury Program

It's helpful

Pros

Able to write and edit documents. Good over all

Cons

Sometimes, when attached pic, it is so not easy to move it to the position you want.

Bonnisha from SunNoodle

In use everyday, never no issues

Pros

Everything you can do on Microsoft. What I like is that you won't ever loose a product or file saving make everything so much better