• Pros

• "Its storage is what I liked the most and the fact that it's so easy to manage and get access to certain folders. "

• "The software is user friendly, easy and effective. I like the folders."

• "-Very easy to use -Stores everything in one place -Very fast "

• Cons

• "Learning SmartVault was a bit difficult in the beginning but the company provides plenty of training and hundreds of videos. "

• "Integration was a little tough until we got the hang of it."

• "There are some client numbering issues, but it doesn't impact our use. I would like them to utilize client numbers or ID's as s sort and search option"

Browse SmartVault Reviews

Tracey from Tracey Dean Financial, LLC

Awesome to add to my tech stack

My compliance department introduced SmartVault instead of google drive or another service. I couldn't be happier! And, the integration with docusign is awesome. My clients find it easy to work with .

Pros

It's an easy way to securely hold all of my clients documents. I LOVE that it works well with docusign. My clients find it easy to use.

Cons

If you cannot get in touch with customer service (everyone is busy!) they have FAQ's that I easily found what I was looking for!

My compliance department.

Chris from Envizage Ltd

Well packaged Document Management System, well presented!

Overall, I have been very impressed by SmartVault. I was using Office 365 Business and was fed up that Sharepoint kept falling over for clients - I had set it up as groups to move documents around as I provide payroll services, but often I would get an email from the client saying not received or can't access. SmartVault integration has been very easy and clients have embraced - I think that for many it looks like IE tree set up for navigating makes it easier and that a desktop version is available for their use - a feature taken away by Microsoft - they feel they have greater control too. The current global pandemic has meant that the software has been a god send in maintaining client relations and service provision. I am pleased to have moved over and would recommend.

Pros

- Very user friendly and easy to navigate - Easy to set up and invite clients and give the appropriate access according to their status i.e. full for the company director down to folder or file specific - Easy to upload documents and great that it has a desktop version in addition to the online version. Clients like the Apple integration and the fact it works happily with MAC's as comfortably as non-MAC Windows PC's - Good support, though confusing when you get a US number for someone who lives in India to assist! - I'm a UK based company - Free set up and training assistance including full run through of the software - Unlimited Companies - Free access for clients - Templates for Accounts/Payroll etc save a lot of time for setting up year on year

Cons

- Integration with Outlook - this is hit and miss if it works and mine doesn't meaning I can't link email in - have been advised it is due to not having the full office suite, though I have and it still wouldn't integrate - A little expensive compared to other products, but it was best fit for the business

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

Sharepoint kept falling over and files would disappear or not be available.

Julie from Bridge Financial Strategies

Terrible customer service - no response during implementation

Just awful. The sales guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was nice and promised such a great solution for us. However, the implementation team has completely dropped the ball and now we are stuck on January 28th not being able to send out tax organizers or engagement letters to our clients.

Pros

It seems like it would be a good solution, but we can't seem to get anyone to help up get our files migrated from Dropbox Business and help us work out integration with Drake Tax softward

Cons

No help and no ability to figure things out for ourselves. Our QuickBooks is also down due to this horrible implementation process where we can't get in touch with anyone at SmartVault.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

It seemed to offer a better solution for us. But, again, we can't even get started.

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

We thought this would be more efficient and secure, but haven't even been able to use it due to our implementation being ignored by SmartVault.

Response from SmartVault

Replied February 2021

Hi Julie, Thank you for reaching out, we value your feedback! Our customer success team has informed us that you are back on track to getting your documents migrated. Again, we are sorry for the delay. Please don't hesitate to reach out for anything!

Christos from Liondaris & Co

Wouldn't use anything else

We are operating a paperless office and everything in the cloud, this is eco friendly as paper waste is minimal. Also all data is securely stored in a cloud so we do not have to worry about backups .

Pros

Possibly the most seamless cloud-based solution for accountants. There are a few ways to work with SmartVault depending on your circumstances, these are the portal itself, Connected Desktop and SmartVault Drive. All can be used from your main PC. SmartVault Portal You can use the portal in a web browser, this is fantastic if you are on the move and away from your usual machine when you need to access documents and all you need is an internet connection. Connected Desktop This would be used from your PC, this is where you can do tasks such as sending password protected documents, links to documents, or get documents signed by clients. SmartVault Drive This is simply a mapped drive from the cloud to your PC, it is so simple to use, where you can access files drag and drop documents in seconds. One of the most important pros is the use of 2 Factor Authentication as this does hold client records and data.

Cons

Only con I have found, when getting documents signed by DocuSign using SmartVault, if you select one document to sign, then drag and drop other documents, only the original selected documents get updated in SmartVault, and then you have to update the signed documents manually via drag and drop.

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

eFileCabinet kept on corrupting files when they were checked out. I use another accountancy practice package called TaxCalc which is compatible with SmartVault and that's the main reason why we moved over.

Response from SmartVault

Replied August 2020

Thanks for your review Christos! Great to hear you're finding SmartVault easy and seamless to use. I'll pass along your drag and drop issue to our developer team :) -The SmartVault Team

Dawn from Powerful Accounting Inc

Reliable and Secure

I love the integrations. I cannot say enough about their vision to continue to improve it's interface. This is a super cost effective way for me to operate my tax practice as well as the work I do with other clients.

Pros

I love that SmartVault can integrate with other software applications I use. The security that SmartVault brings to the table is critical to the protection of my clients data. This application fits perfectly with my suite of other applications and I can count on it remaining secure.

Cons

The website times out too often. Maybe I am not aware of being able to extend the time-out but that is definitely something that needs to improve. I also would like to see improvements in the mobile application.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Sharefile operated in a standalone capacity and was difficult to maneuver compared to SmartVault.

Renee from Renee M Simmons PC

Easy and secure

SmartVault is easy to use and secure. The price point is great. Clients find it easy to use. I really like the integration with Outlook. I can easily email links to documents, which makes SmartVault even easier for clients. It is secure, and that is very important to me. Access to files anytime and anywhere is also important. Customizable folders is an added benefit. Each year I get more clients using it. I will use it as long as am in practice. I have no need to shop for anything else.

Pros

Security is the number one feature. SmartVault is easy to use and secure. Clients find it easy to use. Integration is Outlook works great.

Cons

A function to email a third party a document without them having an account would be great. Maybe it is there and I don't know how to use it.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Security, ratings, recommendations by IT people, price was also a smaller factor.

Kristi from Wildflower Bookkeeping

Much to learn

I mainly use SmartVault for storing and sharing financial reports and other files that need to be safely sent to/from my clients. The user interface is professional looking and a step up from what I was using. At some point I need to take the time to meet with someone and really gain a better understanding of how some of the features work.

Pros

It is great for securely sharing financial reports.

Cons

There is a pretty big learning curve to the software.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

SmartVault was highly recommended by my peers

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

I have more confidence in the security of SmartVaut and it is also has a more professional appearance.

Beth from Care CPA

Excellent Secure Storage Software

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use! We first started using it when i had a chromebook, so i was even more impressed when i got a normla laptop and could use the desktop app for saving/downloading files! It gives our clients a sense of security, and it's very easy to set up a folder structure, add engagements, and invite clients to use it!

Cons

My number one complaint is that you cannot edit documents in Smartvault. You have to download them, edit them, and then reupload them, which makes things difficult when both us and the client need to update something

The price was cheaper

Drive is not as secure

Tammy from Back To Life LLC

Great product for storage and collaboration

With SmartVault I never have to worry about where my documents are for all of my clients. I know they are secure and accessible at all times no matter what computer I have access to.

Pros

I love SmartVault for the unlimited storage capacity and ease of use. I am easily able to collaborate and share files and sensitive documents with colleagues and clients alike with different permissions. I love being able to access my documents from any computer, anywhere, anytime. I feel like care about me as a consumer and try and be as helpful as possible.

Georgia from Kidd & Kidd PC

Consistent and Cheaper than other options out there

Overall I am very happy with the service for the price.

Pros

It is consistent across the many years we have used it at my small account firm. It is a cheaper options for delivering our tax returns to our clients.

Cons

We have some issues with permissions on our end and on the client end that requires some troubleshooting and frustration.

PRICE!!!

Jeremy from NDBP, LLP

Excellent portal for Intuit tax users

I haven't used other portals, but researched several and think that Smartvault is likely the best standalone portal for Lacerte/ProSeries users. Overall a great experience and can't imagine life before Smartvault.

Pros

We started using Smartvault for our small firm four years ago. It has been great at helping us move to a more paperless environment. The best feature is the tight integration with Lacerte (it also integrates with ProSeries). If you print returns from Lacerte you can choose Smartvault and the returns go straight to the correct folders so you can save a copy and the clients have a copy. There's also good integration with scanners. The connected desktop app is great to use. The client facing portal was previously clunky but much improved this year. The software is quite easy to use and relatively affordable. When we've had issues support is helpful at resolving.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make a request from a client for a specific document like more modern practice software has. Wish accounting folder templates were included in the "tax plan" at the same price...doesn't seem like that feature should cost extra. This year we decided to add workflow management and I looked at competitors like TaxDome/Canopy which offer a lot in one but in the end have added Karbon through IPM. I must say however that TaxDome seems to offer a ton at a much better value than Smartvault. Would love to see Smartvault get to that point and would gladly pay more to include other features. E-signatures are just ok, we got a trial to use some free this year but without KBA. The price for the e-signatures especially with KBA is too high and we're going to use Intuit's e-signature product going forward.

Integration with Lacerte

Daniel from Knopfco LLC

Easy and effective document management system

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis since all our documents are stored on it. Thus, I am constantly "checking out" and "checking in XL and PDFs. Once I am done working on something I just save it, close it, and ot automatically is updated and checked back in to the software storage.

Cons

The one thing that would be nice to have (which I was able to do with our prior software filing system) is to be able to "check out" a document in a "view only" manner. Technically, of someone else has already checked out a document and you subsequently check out the same one, this is what happens to your version, but if you want to do this with an unchecked out file, you cannot. This would be helpful for cases that you know you do not want to have any changes made to a file but still want to view it. It would allow a peace of mind knowing that you are not going to accidently change anything.

Lydia from Heise Accounting

SmartVault used everyday

I have been using SmartVault for over 5 years, when I first started with SmartVault it was because Intuit decided to no longer offer Document Management System and they partnered with SmartVault, you could say I grew up with SmartVault, over the years they have added additional features to enhance and not only allow me to be paperless but now automated too.

Pros

Love the integration with my tax software, ProSeries and also DocUSign which I depend on immensely. With the Pandemic and having to social distance this ability allowed me to continue to work and stay in business.

Cons

difficult to understand how to set functions up and utilize the more advanced features

Integration with ProSeries

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

no choice, they stopped making it for a year or two, when they brought it back I stayed with SmartVault

JERRY from Dalia Accounting Service

Highly reccomend SmartVault

We use to use Lacerte DMS. It was a nightmare. Always having to reformat and things kept in diff folders. Data was not easily found either. With SV connected desktop software we can find any client easily.

Pros

We love how SmartVault is integrated with Intuit/Lacerte. It makes our lives simple, efficient, and stress-free.

Cons

in mid-2019 SV did an update that made uploading files more stable and faster. Since then I honestly have no complaints. We upgraded our internet speed for faster uploads and using SV is just a breeze. I did think of one issue, but I do not know if the problem is Lacerte's fault or SV? Sometimes a client may already be in SV with years of historical data, but SV will create a new folder for that client under their Lacaerte client ID? So a duplicate of sorts. I have not found a consistent pattern and never complained because it's rare and random.

To upgrade

Sibylle from Reconciled Bookkeeping and Consulting LLC

Could not run my bookkeeping practice without it.

Thanks to SmartVault, it's easy for my clients to provide me with the data I need to keep their books, and I can answer almost any question they have for me quickly and easily. I started off receiving statements by email. I've left that M.O. behind forever.

Pros

Bookkeepers depend on bank and credit card statements, payroll reports and other documents to do their work. Smartvault makes it easy for me to get these documents from my clients and to keep them easily findable as needed. Without Smartvault, I think my daily stress levels would be 100 percent higher and I could not have grown my business to the extent that I have.

Cons

The fact that I need to switch "views" to get certain jobs done.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Pricing was reasonable and it's specifically designed for use by finance professionals.

Joe from Gerald O. Dry, PA

Great integration with our tax software

The cloud software has been great at moving our firm from the back office server environment to the cloud.

Pros

The features most liked about SmartVault for us has been the ease of initial installation, the integration with our Intuit ProSeries Software and how it has helped our office move to the cloud for a safe secure location for our data.

Cons

The folder setups for multiple clients could stand to be easier. Seems like we've been having most issues in how to set up engagement folders that are not pre-formatted. Also the price is not incredibly cheap for us, but due to integration don't have much choice.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Not really another viable choice considering our needs.

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

ProSeries stopped making DMS and recommended we try SV.

MIRANDA from Smart Office

Proud Member of the SmartVault Fan Club

We have been very satisfied with smart fault, which allows us to organize and archive securely an enormous amount of client files to be shared.

Pros

Smartvault is ridiculously easy to use, and provides a ridiculous amount of storage for the price. Our organization has set up branded portals and client folders for exchanging large files, and set up and transfer of terabytes of information took only one day. It is easy to manage customer access from the administrative tool, and support is always available when we need it.

Cons

The tool is extremely secure, but there is one things that I have found frustrating. It is difficult to create top-down permissions for subfolders. This will only slow you down a minute or two, but it can be mildly frustrating.

Response from SmartVault

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your review Miranda! We love to hear how we're helping our customers and appreciate your feedback! -Team SmartVault

Nicole from Wright Accounting Solutions LLC

Smart Working

Pros

What I like most is the organization of files and the security behind the product. I know for a fact that my customers and company’s files are safe.

Cons

I enjoy everything about Smartvault. They are always evolving.

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

Was not as secured or organized

Carol from CP Bookkeeping

SmartVault Is Very Helpful

Overall, SmartVault is positive with my business, but I would REALLY like that feature that I mentioned in the box about what I like least about SmartVault

Pros

Ease for me and my clients to upload documents and to read uploaded documents. It is fantastic. I also love that there is a limited DocuSign feature to where I don't have to pay the full price for full DocuSign subscription. Plus, I believe that having a secure portal on my website is a positive thing that could help attract new clients

Cons

Overall, I do like SmartVault, but I wish there is a setting where I could get notified (perhaps via email) that a client uploaded a document. Otherwise, I just have to check every once in a while. I'm very busy so it is tedious to check to see if something is there, whereas if I got an email notification, I'd know that a document was uploaded

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

I had previous experience with SmartVault from another accounting colleague. His stated view about SmartVault in the past to me helped determine what secure portal I eventually used on my website

Gabby from Dufresne and Lekas

Great Software

Very convenient and safe for clients

Pros

The software is so easy to upload to and from. Clients access their folders with ease and we get email notifications hourly if there are uploads. It puts clients at ease that their documents are in a secure home. We've used SmartVault for a few years, but with the pandemic it was imperative to have since no one was dropping off and mailing in documents with everyone being remote.

Cons

It's pretty tedious to go in and set up new folders and restrictions/allowances for clients.

Steve from Steven L Steward & Associates, P.A.

Smooth link to Lacerte but could use improvement on links to clients

Integration with Lacerte and cloud storage. Does provide one place to receive documents from clients, send documents to client and share documents within our team.

Pros

What I like most is the direct link to Lacerte tax software. Employees can send a return or any form from Lacerte with only one click.

Cons

Sending documents to clients seems inefficient - for example the only way to send more than one document is via a "link" or password encrypted email - would like ability to select multiple documents from different folders and send by email link, not just passwords.

Brianna from Young & Associates, Inc.

Great Product!

Pros

SmartVault is a great product. We have total confidence that when we print a document from our accounting software into SmartVault that it will be there. Once and awhile an employee may accidentally delete a document (human error happens) and we love the ability to retrieve docs from the recycle bin! Total confidence is a good feeling when dealing with important information.

Cons

There isn't anything that would deter me from referring it to a friend.

Anne from Anne Napolitano Consulting Inc

Storage solution for accountants

Pros

Secure encrypted file storage with a branded portal for my clients.

Cons

A little difficult to use for new users.

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

Convenience and the portal.

caitlin from andrikopoulos tax services

great product for tax prep firms and our clients

Pros

SmartVault has added tremendous value to the product we offer our clients. In addition to viewing their current and prior year tax returns, they can view tax documents as well, which is incredibly useful. Eliminates the need for storing years of paperwork. Our clients have found it very easy to set up and use as well. Really a great product.

Cons

I have no complaints thus far, product has worked beyond expectations.

Stacey from Middle Mountain Tax

So Glad to be Paperless

My experience has been great. Set up went good and it was pretty easy to use

Pros

All my files are available to me no matter where I am working from. Has saved our butts during covid

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get through to support when working long tax session hours

Price and ease of use

Rabiha from LOM wealth

Amazing and Easy to use

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy using smartvault on a daily basis for work it's easy to use and I can access it from work or home on my phone or laptop.

Cons

There used to be a functionality which would show a user's access to a folder. When we would allow clients to obtain online access we would be able to see which ones were accessing which files. We can no longer see that anymore even if they have existing online access

Sherry from DROUIN ASSOCIATES, LLC

Easy to Use & Cost Effective

Pros

I love being able to download multiple documents at one time.

Cons

I haven't been able to find a direct link to resend an activation email. For instance when you set a guest user they receive an email to activate and create a password. A lot of times, guests lose the email and need do not activate it right away. We then have to delete the guest user and recreate, instead of just sending a new link.

Helen from CPA Partners LLC

Happy Customer

Overall I am happy and glad I found them.

Pros

The price is affordable for a boutique firm like mine. It also puts me at ease for the security for confidential information sharing with clients. It's also easy to organize and I don't have to worry about clients who always ask for the same information over and over again. I just simply tell them to go to the portal.

Cons

The tech support is helpful but not as responsive as I'd like since one reason I became their customer is because I was told their tech can be my tech for my clients so I don't need to waste my time to assist my clients.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Affordability while the security is still there. Customer service is great, attitude wise.

Liz from Clarity Bookkeeping & Accounts Ltd

SmartVault

Making my life alot easier now it is all set up. Work smarter and not harder.

Pros

I am very pleased at the ease of which this integrates with my Accounts software making keeping clients documentation safe and provides clients the ability to securley send paperwork to me. It did take me a hour or so to get my head around setting everything up but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my Customer Success Manager has been brilliant in assisting me and answering all my questions. So far this has stremlined alot of processes and removed the need for lots of printing!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to set up a client in the desktop module as well as the online portal.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

it was offered as part of my taxcalc subscription. I had looked at others in the past but they would not integrate with software so felt it would add to my workload not make my life easier.

Response from SmartVault

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review Liz! We're glad that using our integrations has helped you save time, and good to hear our customer success team have been so useful in getting you started :) -The SmartVault Team

James from The Lindy Robinson Company

SmartVault exposes identities of all clients!

Good service response immediately after initial installation and implementation. Since then it has been very poor.

Pros

Notification of uploads. Ease of settin gpermissions.

Cons

A client opened its vault and saw identities of all clients -- in violation of IRS security requirements.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Combination of reviews, pricing, successful try-before-you-buy.

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

Needed secure client portal.

Response from SmartVault

Replied August 2020

Hi James, We certainly understand your frustration & we want you to know that we take customer data security & privacy very seriously at SmartVault. Our platform was built with a security-first mindset & we continuously evaluate our security protocols to ensure we are following industry standard best practices & meeting all compliance regulations. We've looked into your case & it seems that your client folders were built out under the Public Documents folder, which is viewable by all employees & clients by default. When you reached out about this issue, our team helped change the privacy settings on this folder which at the time you indicated had resolved the issue. Our team will be reaching out to you to further discuss & ensure you have all of the tools & support you need to continue using SmartVault with a high degree of confidence. We sincerely apologize you had this issue, & look forward to working with you to make it right. Best, Nicholas Tyson, Director of Customer Success

Amanda from Haney & Company, Ltd

I would recommend

Works very well once your comfortable with the software and are able to teach your clients how to use it.

Pros

I have been very satisfied with smart vault. It allows us to organize, archive, & share documents securely for a large amount of client files. You can access docs easily while out at a client or while working from home.

Cons

Integration was a little tough until we got the hang of it.

Kimberly from Mims, McDuff and Wood, P.A.

We are please with Smart Vault

Pros

Smart Vault allows us to securely provide tax information, payroll information, reports, etc. to our clients and employees working from home. It has been a wonderful tool to share information with our clients during these difficult times. Most clients find it easy to upload their documents. No more worry of their information getting lost in the mail.

Cons

Still learning some of the features, not sure if it is Smart Vault or because we just don't have the time to dig into learning the program completely.

Eric J. from AccountLancer

A decent option for a client portal system

Pros

The ability to map the system to your hard drive and use the portal as a virtual drive locally is a huge boost to productivity. You can send custom messages with the file notifications which is a nice little touch. Many integrations for email/accounting software and features for storing, transferring, signing and more functionality.

Cons

Mac users are left out in the cold. The pricing is rather high if you only need the portal system itself and no additional features. The space allotment is rather small compared to some other options. No ability to transfer/shift into a different type of filing system within the SmartVault family of products--you have to start from scratch.

Megan from Morley & Berrett CPAs

SmartVault revolutionized our accounting practice

Our firm loves this software. It has made our business work more efficiently and therefore generated more money since we've purchased the software.

Pros

The software makes it possible to asses our firm and client documents, safely and securely, from anywhere . It has saved our firm hours of time each week and has made our systems and processes smooth and more efficient.

Cons

Some aspects of the software are outdated and I wish the company integrated with other programs such as Zapier and Outlook.

Merle from Adelman Associates

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Software for Central Document Storage

I work with a team of six who are in remote locations. With SmartVault, we all have access to photos, videos and document, and I can always be sure I'm using the most updated material. It is easy to file, upload and take information I need without having to store it locally on my system. This ensures I have the most updated information and I'm not using memory for something I don't need to store.

Pros

The system is easy for the team to store and share documents. The sign-in is quick and secure, uploads or downloads are fast, and it keeps everyone "on the same page," even when working remotely.

Cons

It doesn't work well as a "z" drive, so I tend to use it "in the cloud." I've never been able to sort it out, so I just found a workaround.

Jessica from Florida Virtual Bookkeeper LLC

I really wanted to like it but it wasn't for me

I didn't get much out of it, it has great potential and perhaps when they introduce an option to embed a file upload on my website that doesn't require login I would definitely consider signing up again because it's not worth it if my clients don't want to use it.

Pros

Lots of great features, a generous amount of secure storage, unlimited clients, custom branding, good support.

Cons

Not user-friendly to learn, I usually figure things out clicking around but had to rely a lot on tutorials and support documents to find my way around. It's expensive for a small practice but I can't see how it's very well worth it to a medium or large practice. My clients did not like having to log in to share files with me so as much as I wanted to like it I switched to a solution that allowed my clients to upload securely without having to keep track of yet another username and password.

Susan from Freedom Bookkeeping Solutions

Smartvault Rocks!

Pros

I love Smartvault, I've used it now for 3 years to track bookkeeping, payroll, taxes and tax planning. It works great for me, check out the new view they just added. Pretty great!

Cons

I wish when you add something or try to open a folder it would go faster. This is a little frustrating.

Katie from Global Tax & Accounting

Makes Working With a Team Easy

Pros

My firm relies heavily on team work, and SmartVault helps us do so securely. We love that it is cloudbased and that we can access this where ever we are, especially with COVID-19 restrictions in place. Because of this product, when our office needed to immediately work from home, we did not flinch.

Cons

It can take a bit to load certain aspects of this software. Also, not every client is keen on using yet another "vault".

Jim from Bella Piazza Coffee Company Inc.

Great Product for my practice.

Pros

SmartVault makes it very easy to store a cloud version of the tax return, along with supporting documentation, and share with client as need in a secure setting. I also like the integration with DocuSign.

Cons

I wish that they had a Droid version of the app for my phone.

Karina from MASH Accounting & Consulting LLP

No Cons, Just Pros!

It is great for important document storage. Easy to function, manage documents and share with clients as well.

Pros

Cons

So far so good, there are no cons from my personal experience.

Raissa from Adam Rosenberg & Co

Smartvault

Overall, it is a great document management system, clients also seem to like it

Pros

Easy to navigate and upload documents, manage clients. Easy set up for customers

Cons

Some features like deleting email can be difficult if not done properly, the software freezes a lot during tax season

Jonathan from Young & Associates

SmartVault

Pros

Easy for clients to access and upload documents.

Cons

Load times to find clients and pull up documents. The program does not seem to auto-refresh very well when a new document is uploaded and a lot of the time the refresh button does not fix the issue.

Hita from Jeetesh D Mistry CPA PC

Smartvault

Great Customer Service. Many years ago we switched from Filecabinet CS. Happy with portal. Accessible from any where.

Pros

Connected Desktop features. On portal you can open up multiple clients

Cons

Cannot open multiple clients on Desktop at the same time

Megan from Timmins, Jacobsen & Strawhacker, LLP

Great document management system!

Pros

Pros: Good file management structure set up to keep everything organized and allow adding new files when necessary!

Cons

Cons: Copying and renaming files within the same folder sometimes causes the system to lag.

Leslie from APS

Smartvault user

Pros

This is a very easy tool to save all documents, organized and able to share with the colleagues and available always online.

Cons

So far I have no negative comments on the uses that I give to this application.

Carla from Brooks & Associates

Overall good product

It is easy to upload and store documents from SV. It is a bit cumbersome to set up new clients.

Pros

It links easily to our tax software and other programs.

Cons

I wish there was an overall document search from the main clients page.

Michael from Doyle Accountancy Ltd

SmartVault - Indispensable

The team at SmartVault provided a straightforward and efficient onboarding process with follow up training and assistance. Can't fault them!

Pros

Prior to using this solution I used a variety of cloud storage providers along with some other applications, SmartVault brought everything together and provides a step closer to a paperless office.

Cons

Nothing causes concern and everything works well.

Reasons for Choosing SmartVault

Price and functionality plus as a longstanding TaxCalc user the SmartVault solution integrates with my other practice softeware

Miki from Waller-Harris Emergency Services District #200

Industry: Public Safety

I love SmartVault

Pros

The fact that my clients can use this software as well. I can email a link for my clients to look at their financials securely.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. I love everything about the software

Larry from Eisner & Maglione CPA's P.C.

This is exactly the way we want our portal to work

Pros

Using the portal to send secure emails to clients

Cons

It's sometimes difficult if you have the same name clients

Reasons for Switching to SmartVault

Product was supposed to be discontinued

Raquel from Marrelli Support Services

Smart Vault

Pros

-Very easy to use -Stores everything in one place -Very fast

Cons

I feel in QuickBooks you should be able to have 2 books open at the same time and be able to use smartvault.