Browse Soundwise Reviews

Kevin from Twin Flame Productions - where Books Are Blessings!

We love Soundwise!

We like its ease of use and that we can charge for content without having to create shopping carts and handle all the web admin that is attached to that.

Pros

We love Soundwise because it is the best place to host your content. We use it for our meditations, our podcasts, and for our paid content.

Cons

Content is played through an app that also hosts your competition. Generally this has not affected us, but it causes an uneasy feeling sometimes to think you could lose a listener in a heartbeat, but I guess if that is going to happen, it will happen anyway.

Reasons for Switching to Soundwise

We switched because we wanted to charge for some content.

Judith from Team Tier

Newbie to Soundwise - only scratching the surface on this great piece of software

I am yet to find out whether Soundwise is going to help me further grow my community, get into close contact with them and start to sell my products. I am also eager to find out whether the more tailored soundcasts are going to be valued by my audience. I am also curious if my audience is going to use the app as I hope at the moment or whether that's a point that turns them down.

Pros

I like that you can combine both hosting and selling with Soundwise. With that I can cancel my additional hosting package and have all in one place. The number of Soundcasts is unlimited. That gives me the option to structure my content and tailor it for different target groups. The landing page and check out page is prebuilt and very nice to look at and navigate around. Very lean! I like that I am finally able to get into contact with my audience which is way more difficult with a normal podcast hosting. But I am yet to find out if my audience thinks so too. ;) What is really cool, is that you can attach bonus material to every track and by that provide more value to your listeners. All of the above is topped by having a free app for your customers so that they can access the audios and the bonus material as well as comment your audios on the go.

Cons

I am curious about the language barrier as my audience is German speaking but Soundwise is all in English. I would love to have a translation or even the possibility to change the headings myself. I would like to have a section where I can describe hosts and then only select them for the soundcasts instead of filling in all the information again for each soundcast.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

Soundwise give me the option to easily sell my audios and get into closer contact with my community. Something my normal hosting can't deliver. I also get an app for free and don't have high payment processing costs.

Barbara from Barbara Faison LLC

Industry: Broadcast Media

Soundwise - great audio option for content management

The customer service is phenomenal. My questions were answered quickly and they worked with me to resolve my issues in a timely manner.

Pros

The platform has a very clean look and is organized very well. The ability to listen on the app as well as computer browser.

Cons

The initial setup requires you to download the app.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

The features and look of the platform.

Kevin from RIghtFunnels

Industry: Online Media

Easy to let your audiobook get delivered in a slick format.

Love this software and would gladly recommend it to others (and have)

Pros

Love the ability to easily pay for the audio. We sell an audiobook and it makes the process suuper slick to do it on your own platform.

Cons

I feel like the layout of pages could be more customizeable on what the clients get to see.

Reasons for Switching to Soundwise

Seemed far more professional and not hacked together.

Gabriel from Voyage Media Group

Soundwise for Podcasting

Pros

I bought Soundwise for podcasting - it helps streamline the process for a noob, and keeps it easy for the experienced.

Cons

Sometimes simplicity is amazing, and sometimes it can use some UX tweaking.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

I got in on the lifetime deal on Appsumo - if it wasn't for that, I may not have found Soundwise.

Tyler from Every Day Dad

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for podcasting.

It has been great and easy to use.

Pros

I like Soundwise because it is an easy host for podcasting.

Cons

The interface takes a little bit of getting used to, but it is pretty straight forward once you have uploaded an episode or two.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

I got the AppSumo lifetime deal. It easily beat out all the competition.

A great service to create audio courses very fast.

It has been good. I like the audio training they have.

Pros

It's easy to understand and has some audio courses to understand the importance of audio as a way to create your courses. I like that the control are easy to understand and if you have the audios already is just upload and add some additional info and your course is ready.

Cons

It had some limitations to the level I'm paying for that I think they must be on all the levels. I'm referring to the analytics options.

Reasons for Switching to Soundwise

I tried to do the switch but couldn't because of the limits of the account. I needed more than 50 private listeners for private Soundcasts. That's ok as they cover different use cases, I just wanted to try if it was possible to replace.

Bhavna from Peaceful Mind Academy

Ease of use and Quality experience to listeners with playback controls

Hardly have I seen people providing audio playback control options to their buyers. Why I choose Soundwise is because quality experience matters to me. It gives my students access to audio courses/books on mobile and web along with so many audio controls such as rewind, fast forward, speed controls, looping and even the recently added sleep timer which is perfect addition for ease of audio listening experience. The company founders are also well experienced in the audio space so I expect the product to evolve even more going forward. If you really care about the experience you give to your buyers Soundwise is highly recommended.

Pros

As an admin I have ease of use while creating the audio courses/books etc, setting up bundles, memberships. The options are very intuitive and my learning curve was very fast. I have peace of mind that my students are having the best audio experience as soundwise has so many audio controls for the listeners rewind, fast forward, speed controls, looping, sleep timer etc Has functionality that enables my students to download audios for offline listening inside the app, while keeping my content safe from the direct download Has zero transaction fee for audio sales Can also have your podcast on Soundwise and then redistribute via RSS

Cons

Don’t see an option to customize colours ( for text & buttons) for my audio courses but not a dealbreaker as I can still add my own cover art and brand it that way

L. Starlight from Bottled Lightning

A fantastic tool for offering private audio

Pros

I love this - not only is it a method for me to deliver private audio to my audience, it's a tool that I can refer to clients when their goal fits the platform. I think it's a GREAT solution for offering monetized audio to a private community.

Cons

I would love to see a demo setup upon creating a new account. Sometimes one isn't ready to start building their own audio immediately, and it'd be dope to see all the settings up front.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

Other platforms aren't set up for audio the way that Soundwise is - I *can turn audio tracks into sounds that I put behind a paywall, but I love the ability to offer a premium mini-podcast and audiobooks for my audience.

Harshal from ProfitBooks

Nice app for podcast hosting

Pros

We use this app for hosting private content which is limited for our employees. Overall it's nice.

Cons

It would be great if they could add sound editing features. It's just a wish.

Jock from Jock Brocas

An Outstanding Solution For Audio Courses

I have loved this from day one and i continually recommend it.

Pros

This app is so easy to use and offers a host of features to help your growing audience in more ways than just podcasting.

Cons

Would like more control over directory submission and promotion

Chris from Audio Sound Tech

Industry: Information Services

Soundwise is Simple to Use and implement

Only had positive experiences thus far. I haven't had to use the customer support service yet (no reason to), so cannot comment on their responsiveness or promptness.

Pros

I found soundwise to be my go-to solution for delivering the mindfulness sound tracks and meditation audio files for my readers to use in their daily practice. Although in the beginning the learning curve was a little challenging, once I got my head around the nuances of the software, I found Soundwise to be very easy to use and implement. I can now deliver new weekly tracks to my audience and have received very positive feedback from them regarding the quality and usefulness of my product. They also love the fact that they have an app on their phone that delivers my updates directly to them so they can access the meditation tracks anywhere (even while at work).

Cons

As mentioned earlier, I found the learning curve a little bit challenging. Some more detailed tutorials may have lessened the learning curve a bit. That being said - once you understand the structure that Soundwise uses it is a very easy software to implement.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

I chose Soundwise because it represented a solution to a problem I had and it was great value.

Edith from Social Work Exam Prep Bootcamp

Efficient online system and Satisfied User

Pros

I was looking for an online learning system that was user-friendly for not only my team but for my clients. Soundwise has not only met my needs but it was a perfect fit for my company. The ability to upload my audio lessons and set-up is simple. In addition, the customer support is very professional, responsive and provides a solution each time. I once met with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was extemely helpful and provided some feedback and ideas to enhance my business. I highly recommend Soundwise for any professional who is looking to sell or share their audio lessons. I am looking forward to continuing a very long-lasting relationship with Soundwise. - Dr. Edith Chaparro

Cons

So far, I am glad to say that I have not encountered any setbacks with Soundwise.

n/a

Indispensable for my e-learning business!

Pros

I'm so glad to have discovered this tool, which enables me to easily distribute audio content to my users in a mobile-friendly way. The best feature is the security that the app enables—my users are able to download the audio files and listen to their heart's content without needing an internet connection, but at the same time, the files are secure within the app and cannot be taken out or pirated. I love being able to provide the convenience of easy access without having to worry about losing control over my exclusive content.

Cons

The member management is a bit rudimentary. I had a hard time adding multiple members to a certain membership level because after each addition, the setting resets to the original level in the drop-down menu & I accidentally added members to the wrong level without noticing. With the current setup, it's just a bit too easy to get the various levels confused. I can imagine this becoming a lot more complicated as you have even more levels to deal with. I hope the team can make it easier for us to manage various levels.

Joyce from I Kicked Sugar Healthy Education, LLC

BEST platform for Easy Self-Publishing of Audiobook!

So Thankful for this product and the support. Without it nor sure what I would have done!

Pros

“I sold over 3,000 audiobooks in less than 4 months thanks to Soundwise! I wanted a platform to sell my audiobook on my own terms and have it look very similar to Audible for my customers. Soundwise allows me to do that effortlessly and at a great price. At first I was hesitant to try it because it sounded too good to be true. As it turned out, my customers LOVE using the Soundwise app just as much as Audible. And it gave me control over my pricing and delivery.Best platform ever!”

Cons

Nothing. Love it all. Great customer service that helped me get set up and always there if I have a question. Great response.

Thom from Walk Your Why

Appreciating Soundwise

I am increasingly appreciating the value of Soundwise as a convenient, elegant, simple to use way of building my list and distributing my content as a life purpose guide.

Pros

Easy to use, convenient list-builder and content-distributor.

Cons

My concerns have been met since first starting last year. Happy about the improvements and ongoing innovations!

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

I could not find a comparable product.

Tom from Tmesis Ltd

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use, brilliant support

Like a breath of fresh air

Pros

I started to use Soundwise on Saturday morning, and thanks to help on two occasions over the weekend, my entire archive is now available. I have a podcast, audiobooks, meditations, courses and music. All types of content appear on disparate channels. That is until Soundwise came along. This brings it all together with an ease of use which is outstanding. Thanks for coming into my world [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Nothing yet - a couple of minor irritations but already added to the development list

RICK from My Future Business

I Use SoundWise To Structure & Sell Audio Books and Courses

I love how SoundWise team are connecting with their community and providing insights, tips and tricks on ways to get the best out of the software. As far as using the software, it continues to improves, and I provide links to it for every interview.

Pros

I really like how I can sell my audio books and audio programs with SoundWise. I like how you can use both mp3 and mp4 formats, and attach cover images and files for sharing.

Cons

Early on, which is now resolved, I had some problems formatting the text in the provided text boxes. This has now been fixed, and I see regular updates and improvements being made to the platform.

Sheri from Multilingual Link

Loving SoundWise

Pros

I was looking for something that could be used like the Audible app and I think I have found it. I used to give access to my programs by allowing people to download the mp3's. Now everything is inside of one app, which means there is nothing to download and it can't be shared. Super easy for both the creator and the listener. I have also appreciated the support I get from their team. Questions get answered pretty quickly.

Cons

I'd love to be able to have a PayPal option to sell my products. Also, so far there is no way to create an installment plan - like billing someone for 6 months and then it automatically stops. But it looks like they are always improving things so we will see what happens.

Suryadi from Bear inc

BEST AUDIO CONTENT PLATFORM

im using soundwise to distribute audio content for my entire team,

Pros

we can easily selling audio content, premium podcasting, and create membership with a single click. we can create unlimited podcast show.

Cons

sometimes upload the file is very slow, hopefully update in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

because the easy to use, and easy to create manage my audio content.

Arezky from Agricultura del Ser

Using Soundwise as a podcast hosting: very satisfied.

Pros

I have been using Soundwise for a year, and finally I have decided to migrate my podcast to Soundwise and use it as a hosting. I love that it allows me to use an app I can share with my followers. I can add commercial ads as intro and outros in only few clicks.

Cons

My podcast is in Spanish. Unfortunately, I am not yet able to change the language of the app. Not all my followers use English and I would like to be able to present the pages and app in Spanish

Reasons for Switching to Soundwise

Easier to add ads in my podcast episodes

Tom from Tmesis

Industry: Publishing

All my audio in one place

The speed of implementation was so, so quick

Pros

Before I found Soundwise, my audio was in five different places - now it’s all in one app

Cons

CRM integration is clunky and it would be great to have a directory of all Soundcasts

Zak from Peace Within Mindfulness

Easy to use and affordable, lacks customizable presentation of content

Great customer service and value, bare bones features

Pros

Ease of uploading sound casts, ability to copy all or part of soundcast into new one

Cons

The content delivery is very rudimentary. If it had the ability to organize sound casts with visual representation, dropdown, or folders, it would be much more useful for my product delivery.

Price

koen from the vegan academy

It does the job

In general, it's an ok app. Compared to other software ist underperforms in my opinion in terms of ease of use and functionality. At the moment I use other platforms to distribute my podcast and use soundwise mainly for paid products and the soundwave feature.

Pros

Soundwise is very easy to work with in terms of uploading your podcasts and creating awesome soundwaves. Really love that feature btw.

Cons

The recording and editing option often jams or doesn't work as well. I have also numerous times experienced the app failing or errors during uploads of changing descriptions.

Chencia from EKOL Media

A Great Resource For Indie Authors

My experience has been largely positive. It didn’t tale me long to upload a full title, and it’s live instantly, which is heads and tails above every other service I’ve used.

Pros

The ability to drag and drop tracks. Coupon functionality. Ease of gifting courses/audiobooks. Ability to enable and disable comments for each track/chapter (I like this feature A LOT!). No additional charges for each download.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to find out the price difference from my current plan. I have a lifetime service and would like to upgrade, but can’t easily find the difference without reaching out to customer service.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

I saw an author I trust use the software months prior. When it came time to make the purchase, that recognition made it an easy decision.

Alexandre dos from UFRJ

Easy, useful and powerful

As said before Soundwise is easy and powerful... With a little work you can post a new soundcast... with pdf, intros, outros...

Pros

Soundwise is easy to add a new podcast (soundcast), add new tracks, add pdf material related to that track (if wanted) and also we can automatically convert YouTube video in a new track.

Cons

Landing pages are ok, but they could be more attractive and modern.

Russ from Lane Community College

Be wise ... Soundwise!

The software does what it claims to, and it does it well.

Pros

If you're starting a podcast or perhaps have an audio-based course (maybe with PDF content, too)—or if you have an audiobook or even an album, Soundwise can help you manage and market your materials.

Cons

Soundwise is thoroughly functional—and it produces good looking work on the consumer end of things. But the back end is pretty basic looking. It could benefit from a UI upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to Soundwise

This is the first SAAS product of its kind that really manages any kind of audio content really well.

Nuno from NunoAlex.com

Outstanding tool for audio creators that want to monetize their work.

Pros

Easy content organization using a good interface; Affordable selling system, you can even enable coupons and discounts; Great app with offline mode.

Cons

Could have better bulk options, but it's not a deal breaker.

Simplicity and effectiveness

I am building my entire courseware library around Soundwise, need I say more?

Pros

- love being able to offer an audio version for our courseware - the mobile app is very clean and intuitive and has NOT been a barrier to my clients

Cons

- would really like to see more options For payment processors - built-in recorder could be enhanced

Troy from TAPhelps & Yes Moms

Great podcast hosting product - Much have

I love the product and swear by it for podcasting. Have not used much as LMS at this point as I was already using another platform but can’t beat the all in one features of it at a high quality - some companies add features but the they are crap. Definitely recommend!

Pros

podcast aggregators (i.e.apple, Spotify)

Cons

No problems noted on occasions some bugs.

Pricing for a LTD

Eniola from Allure and Confidence

Industry: Online Media

My business is on an other level with Soundwise

Pros

It is easy to use, versatile and has great customer support.

Cons

It comes only with the stripe payment option which is an issue for me because stripe is not available in my country.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

I have more control of my products, offer better value for my investment and it is really easy to use.

Francesco from Calming

Industry: Music

Prodotto ottimo e completo

Mi sono trovato davanti ad una piattaforma completa ed efficace per ciò che mi serviva

Pros

Perfetto per più usi collegati ai prodotti audio. Nel mio caso la fornitura di contenuti sonori on demand

Cons

Nulla di particolare da segnalare per quanto riguarda gli inconvenienti

Jenny from Jenny Eden Coaching

Versatile and easy to use

very good!

Pros

I like that you can upload audio or create audio right from the app.

Cons

I had some trouble with creating the landing page for my audio series. I wish there were more options and functions for this aspect of the software

Rebecca from RebeccaDavisWordWorking

Great platform~

Pros

Soundwise walked me through setting up my audiobook to sell it myself on my own website. It was as easy as it could have possibly been, and the interface is excellent. I highly recommend it.

Cons

I'm not aware of any features that need to be improved.

Tonya from Heart and Soul Wealth

Content at your Fingertips

I've used Soundwise to place meditations for course participants, and a separate soundcast offering free meditations. I also place my own private training that I set to a private soundcast so I have easy access to audios at the touch of my screen.

Pros

That I can have both public and private soundcasts.

Cons

That I had more private soundcast availability (it's limited to 50 so I'm very stringent and have only done private ones for myself primarily). It would be nice if the image upload had lower requirements, sometimes it takes me multiple tries to have it fit the parameters.

Reasons for Choosing Soundwise

N/A. I hadn't looked into alternatives.

Sasha-Shae from Fresh Medley Designs Studio

Simple App for Audio Content Management

Pros

They've recently made some changes to the site, making it easier to find the info needed to upload and manage your audio content. It's pretty straightforward to upload your file(s) and then add the info for each audio file.

Cons

Wish the mobile app also allowed for this process, to upload and manage your content. So far the app is only for the already distributed content, but it would be great to be able to upload, edit, etc and fully manage the audio files within the app itself downloaded to our phones.

John from Self

Industry: Animation

Soundwise Review

Pros

The software is very easy to use and I have limited experience with software.

Cons

I belueve the software is great fir what I use it for.

Beverly from UT

I appreciate it for podcast.

Pros

It was easy to use, for the most part. I could use it later.

Cons

It didnt have what I needed, which was just some editing stuff.

Orlaith from Orlaith O'Sullivan: Mindfulness Training & Consultancy

User-friendly and accessible

Pros

Soundwise integrated easily and onboarding new users was very straightforward.

Cons

Would be good to have basic analytics available for all accounts.