Soundwise

Soundwise Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Easy content organization using a good interface; Affordable selling system, you can even enable coupons and discounts; Great app with offline mode."
  • icon"As an admin I have ease of use while creating the audio courses/books etc, setting up bundles, memberships. The options are very intuitive and my learning curve was very fast."
  • icon"I have peace of mind that my students are having the best audio experience as soundwise has so many audio controls for the listeners rewind, fast forward, speed controls, looping, sleep timer etc."
  • icon"A little more podcast-related features are missing."
  • icon"I had some trouble with creating the landing page for my audio series."
  • icon"It’s a little difficult to find out the price difference from my current plan."

Have you used Soundwise and would like to share your experience with others?

All Soundwise Reviews

Koen

December 2021

It does the job

Kevin

Industry: Publishing

We love Soundwise!

We like its ease of use and that we can charge for content without having to create shopping carts and handle all the web admin that is attached to that.

Pros

We love Soundwise because it is the best place to host your content. We use it for our meditations, our podcasts, and for our paid content.

Cons

Content is played through an app that also hosts your competition. Generally this has not affected us, but it causes an uneasy feeling sometimes to think you could lose a listener in a heartbeat, but I guess if that is going to happen, it will happen anyway.

Reasons for switching to Soundwise

We switched because we wanted to charge for some content.

Judith

Newbie to Soundwise - only scratching the surface on this great piece of software

I am yet to find out whether Soundwise is going to help me further grow my community, get into close contact with them and start to sell my products. I am also eager to find out whether the more tailored soundcasts are going to be valued by my audience. I am also curious if my audience is going to use the app as I hope at the moment or whether that's a point that turns them down.

Pros

I like that you can combine both hosting and selling with Soundwise. With that I can cancel my additional hosting package and have all in one place. The number of Soundcasts is unlimited. That gives me the option to structure my content and tailor it for different target groups. The landing page and check out page is prebuilt and very nice to look at and navigate around. Very lean! I like that I am finally able to get into contact with my audience which is way more difficult with a normal podcast hosting. But I am yet to find out if my audience thinks so too. ;) What is really cool, is that you can attach bonus material to every track and by that provide more value to your listeners. All of the above is topped by having a free app for your customers so that they can access the audios and the bonus material as well as comment your audios on the go.

Cons

I am curious about the language barrier as my audience is German speaking but Soundwise is all in English. I would love to have a translation or even the possibility to change the headings myself. I would like to have a section where I can describe hosts and then only select them for the soundcasts instead of filling in all the information again for each soundcast.

Reasons for choosing Soundwise

Soundwise give me the option to easily sell my audios and get into closer contact with my community. Something my normal hosting can't deliver. I also get an app for free and don't have high payment processing costs.

Barbara

Industry: Broadcast Media

Soundwise - great audio option for content management

The customer service is phenomenal. My questions were answered quickly and they worked with me to resolve my issues in a timely manner.

Pros

The platform has a very clean look and is organized very well. The ability to listen on the app as well as computer browser.

Cons

The initial setup requires you to download the app.

Reasons for choosing Soundwise

The features and look of the platform.

Kevin

Industry: Online Media

Easy to let your audiobook get delivered in a slick format.

Love this software and would gladly recommend it to others (and have)

Pros

Love the ability to easily pay for the audio. We sell an audiobook and it makes the process suuper slick to do it on your own platform.

Cons

I feel like the layout of pages could be more customizeable on what the clients get to see.

Reasons for switching to Soundwise

Seemed far more professional and not hacked together.

Gabriel

Soundwise for Podcasting

Pros

I bought Soundwise for podcasting - it helps streamline the process for a noob, and keeps it easy for the experienced.

Cons

Sometimes simplicity is amazing, and sometimes it can use some UX tweaking.

Reasons for choosing Soundwise

I got in on the lifetime deal on Appsumo - if it wasn't for that, I may not have found Soundwise.

Tyler

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for podcasting.

It has been great and easy to use.

Pros

I like Soundwise because it is an easy host for podcasting.

Cons

The interface takes a little bit of getting used to, but it is pretty straight forward once you have uploaded an episode or two.

Reasons for choosing Soundwise

I got the AppSumo lifetime deal. It easily beat out all the competition.

A great service to create audio courses very fast.

It has been good. I like the audio training they have.

Pros

It's easy to understand and has some audio courses to understand the importance of audio as a way to create your courses. I like that the control are easy to understand and if you have the audios already is just upload and add some additional info and your course is ready.

Cons

It had some limitations to the level I'm paying for that I think they must be on all the levels. I'm referring to the analytics options.

Reasons for switching to Soundwise

I tried to do the switch but couldn't because of the limits of the account. I needed more than 50 private listeners for private Soundcasts. That's ok as they cover different use cases, I just wanted to try if it was possible to replace.

Bhavna

Ease of use and Quality experience to listeners with playback controls

Hardly have I seen people providing audio playback control options to their buyers. Why I choose Soundwise is because quality experience matters to me. It gives my students access to audio courses/books on mobile and web along with so many audio controls such as rewind, fast forward, speed controls, looping and even the recently added sleep timer which is perfect addition for ease of audio listening experience. The company founders are also well experienced in the audio space so I expect the product to evolve even more going forward. If you really care about the experience you give to your buyers Soundwise is highly recommended.

Pros

As an admin I have ease of use while creating the audio courses/books etc, setting up bundles, memberships. The options are very intuitive and my learning curve was very fast. I have peace of mind that my students are having the best audio experience as soundwise has so many audio controls for the listeners rewind, fast forward, speed controls, looping, sleep timer etc Has functionality that enables my students to download audios for offline listening inside the app, while keeping my content safe from the direct download Has zero transaction fee for audio sales Can also have your podcast on Soundwise and then redistribute via RSS

Cons

Don’t see an option to customize colours ( for text & buttons) for my audio courses but not a dealbreaker as I can still add my own cover art and brand it that way

Jock

An Outstanding Solution For Audio Courses

I have loved this from day one and i continually recommend it.

Pros

This app is so easy to use and offers a host of features to help your growing audience in more ways than just podcasting.

Cons

Would like more control over directory submission and promotion

Tom

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use, brilliant support

Like a breath of fresh air

Pros

I started to use Soundwise on Saturday morning, and thanks to help on two occasions over the weekend, my entire archive is now available. I have a podcast, audiobooks, meditations, courses and music. All types of content appear on disparate channels. That is until Soundwise came along. This brings it all together with an ease of use which is outstanding. Thanks for coming into my world [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Nothing yet - a couple of minor irritations but already added to the development list

Industry: Information Services

Soundwise is Simple to Use and implement

Only had positive experiences thus far. I haven't had to use the customer support service yet (no reason to), so cannot comment on their responsiveness or promptness.

Pros

I found soundwise to be my go-to solution for delivering the mindfulness sound tracks and meditation audio files for my readers to use in their daily practice. Although in the beginning the learning curve was a little challenging, once I got my head around the nuances of the software, I found Soundwise to be very easy to use and implement. I can now deliver new weekly tracks to my audience and have received very positive feedback from them regarding the quality and usefulness of my product. They also love the fact that they have an app on their phone that delivers my updates directly to them so they can access the meditation tracks anywhere (even while at work).

Cons

As mentioned earlier, I found the learning curve a little bit challenging. Some more detailed tutorials may have lessened the learning curve a bit. That being said - once you understand the structure that Soundwise uses it is a very easy software to implement.

Reasons for choosing Soundwise

I chose Soundwise because it represented a solution to a problem I had and it was great value.

Edith

Efficient online system and Satisfied User

Pros

I was looking for an online learning system that was user-friendly for not only my team but for my clients. Soundwise has not only met my needs but it was a perfect fit for my company. The ability to upload my audio lessons and set-up is simple. In addition, the customer support is very professional, responsive and provides a solution each time. I once met with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was extemely helpful and provided some feedback and ideas to enhance my business. I highly recommend Soundwise for any professional who is looking to sell or share their audio lessons. I am looking forward to continuing a very long-lasting relationship with Soundwise. - Dr. Edith Chaparro

Cons

So far, I am glad to say that I have not encountered any setbacks with Soundwise.

n/a

Indispensable for my e-learning business!

Pros

I'm so glad to have discovered this tool, which enables me to easily distribute audio content to my users in a mobile-friendly way. The best feature is the security that the app enables—my users are able to download the audio files and listen to their heart's content without needing an internet connection, but at the same time, the files are secure within the app and cannot be taken out or pirated. I love being able to provide the convenience of easy access without having to worry about losing control over my exclusive content.

Cons

The member management is a bit rudimentary. I had a hard time adding multiple members to a certain membership level because after each addition, the setting resets to the original level in the drop-down menu & I accidentally added members to the wrong level without noticing. With the current setup, it's just a bit too easy to get the various levels confused. I can imagine this becoming a lot more complicated as you have even more levels to deal with. I hope the team can make it easier for us to manage various levels.

Joyce

BEST platform for Easy Self-Publishing of Audiobook!

So Thankful for this product and the support. Without it nor sure what I would have done!

Pros

“I sold over 3,000 audiobooks in less than 4 months thanks to Soundwise! I wanted a platform to sell my audiobook on my own terms and have it look very similar to Audible for my customers. Soundwise allows me to do that effortlessly and at a great price. At first I was hesitant to try it because it sounded too good to be true. As it turned out, my customers LOVE using the Soundwise app just as much as Audible. And it gave me control over my pricing and delivery.Best platform ever!”

Cons

Nothing. Love it all. Great customer service that helped me get set up and always there if I have a question. Great response.

Thom

Appreciating Soundwise

I am increasingly appreciating the value of Soundwise as a convenient, elegant, simple to use way of building my list and distributing my content as a life purpose guide.

Pros

Easy to use, convenient list-builder and content-distributor.

Cons

My concerns have been met since first starting last year. Happy about the improvements and ongoing innovations!

Reasons for choosing Soundwise

I could not find a comparable product.

RICK