• Pros

• "The thing that i most like in webflow is his really easy feature to create and design animations and interactions, its really good"

• "Awesome UI. Feels like designing a website in Photoshop. Plenty of premium themes to get you started and save a good amount of work. Lots of flexibility in terms of customisation."

• "I like how WebFlow does all the coding for me, I don't have to worry about it at all. I can play around with different designs fairly easily without the hassle of actually writing code. "

• Cons

• "There are a few current limitations like no built-in pagination that have slowed down my development and I've had to implement clunky work-arounds, but the pros completely outweigh the cons."

• "Coding or complex programs should be handled more carefully and with full control over hosting and designm but still a very good alternative to fast and good."

• "There are few cons of Webflow that is thi platform is not free, you can also build your website in Wordpress free of cost with better SEO. "

Browse Webflow Reviews

Shannon from Shannon Corsi Photography

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Because Webflow is infinitely better. Once I registered for a trial and started building, I knew I would never go back to anything else.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Prior to getting the webflow recommendation, I needed to re-do my website from scratch. All the website builders I was familiar with fell into a pretty aggravating dichotomy: either you can use Squarespace/Wix/Virb/22slides/4ormat, etc. and there's pretty much zero customization possible or you can use WordPress, which is antiquated, difficult to translate to mobile and overall a huge pain of a builder. My sister told me about Webflow, I set up a trial and fell in love.

Daniel from Weber Hosting™ & Design

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow. 1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing away right on the page so you can see how it's looking without having to bounce to a new window every step. This single feature is the strongest draw for my clients as we all know what WP has to offer. 2) NO PLUGINNS necessary! nothing to update, configure, or crash as Webflow is constantly improving features and taking care of system updates for you. The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that.. danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates. Basically, Webflow takes the guesswork out of making a professional custom site. 3) Solid Support and hours of training videos that are frequently updated/added to. 4) NO CODING NECESSARY. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS will truly help, but unless one is adding in an iFrame or custom code element, there is never a need to write CSS code, JS code, Angular JS, PHP, and so-on. -allowing all us designers to soar with fast paced visual editing. 5) Awesome templates, and one can paste content and structure from one site/account to another!!

Pros

-Most important- EASE OF USE with it's visual interface-see next -The GUI is very similar to the Adobe Creative Cloud software as it uses tool pallets instead of tedious forms and fields. -Contributors can edit RIGHT INSIDE THE PAGE vs the WordPress back-end feel that gets folks lost. -The automation of multiple image sizes per view -Minifying scripts and code -Custom code insertions are as easy as drag/drop -Intuitive interface knows when one is using similar classes and suggests them while creating new -Client Billing is easy and a Dream to setup including a pinch of the cut for yourself -Setting up hosting is lightning fast with a proficient DNS record understanding.

Cons

-Because Webflow is built for professional use, Admin edit access for a site is setup so only the Webflow account holder can access and edit the site at an admin level. This becomes a huge issue for clients who only want to contract my work upfront. Contributors can surely edit content, but should be able to be authors/admins. There are "Team Plans" but they are costly. So- in order to allow my clients Admin access, I would either have to give them my account info, opening up to them deleting other clients sites, or I must have them setup their own webflow account. -Due to this, I must transfer sites to client accounts once my design is complete if they want to be the Admin after hand-off. suggest much better setup here please~

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Price, ability to build quickly without coding, ease of use for client editing

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

-No more messing with pluginns -Visual based GUI for everything -Made by designers for designers -Better customer experience throughout project lifeycle

Justine from Excelerate America

Easy Website Creation Tool that allows complete customization.

Extremely positive. I've built a number of websites at this point, both for business and personal use, and they look so much better than anything on Squarespace and Wix.

Pros

The ability to create and complete customize a website pretty simply is the best part. I've used other "no-coding" website tools in the past and would get so frustrated because I wouldn't be able to edit key parts of the design with out diving into the muddy code. Webflow allows you to have all the customization you'd find if building your website from scratch without all the coding. As a designer, who can code but prefers not to, Webflow is my preferred spot for building any website.

Cons

Some of the tools are hard to find. I've accidentally clicked things in the past and spent hours figuring out where I need to click to fix things. Finding solutions is also difficult at times. The forums aren't as extensive as other softwares that I've used.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

It's so hard to customize designs on squarespace.

Arvaldo from CT

Bad support and bugs

In two adjectives: BAD and ANNOYING, I regret it.

Pros

In the beginning, I thought Webflow would really be the tool to help me solve the problems I was hoping to solve, but not, they created new ones that this time, without a website developer around one can't fix it. Then you ask for support help and the answer you get is "it seems you are asking for web development services, we don't offer that, please ask for help in the community". This has happened to me endless times in the last 2 years with LEGIT questions on bugs I found in this tool. I do NOT recommend that you use it or switch from WordPress or something else thinking you are really going to get the next level here, because you are not. I hope this feedback doesn't get canceled or blocked because it is real and can help other people to make their decision.

Cons

Bad support No support for multiple languages Limit to 100 pages (then everything crashes) Bugs!!!!

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Because I thought it would be a better option for our company. I was very wrong!

Max from Edvomark

Webflow - the king of the no-code movement

Once you understand webflow you'll never want to go back to any other builder but the learning curve at first is very steep. If your goal is to deploy standard websites fast this isn't the best tool for you, however if you're planning on building memorizabile experiences and indivual websites learning webflow will be the best choice you have ever made.

Pros

This is the most powerful visual designer you have ever used when designing websites. Other visual design tools like duda, sqaurespace, wix etc. don't even come close to what is possible with webflow. That's because webflow isn't a usual visual design tool, it's a way to code visually. This explains the huge difference between webflow and the other tools, because you essentially write code you're not tied to any limitations the builder offers. With that in mind you can build pretty much anything you'd ever imagine with webflow.

Cons

Because it's so powerful there comes a huge learning curve when first starting webflow. While most of the other visual design tools are more or less self explanatory when you used them for a few weeks webflow is not. This makes introducing the tool to other people hard, however this isn't something that is the fault of the product itself, it comes with the many possibilities this product offers. The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent. Many other website builder tools offer live chat support etc., however webflow doesnt do that at all, if you have any issues you'll have to write them an email and you can feel lucky if they responod in 2 weeks.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

too many limitations and not enough innovation with the product

Noah from Ellemsee Media

Great for clients to self manage

Very happy with it. We built over a dozen websites on this and the clients have been happy as well.

Pros

Webflow is pretty amazing. I believe this is the best platform I've come across for building a website for a client to self manage. You can build on a developer end and have them make edits on the client/editor side. I really like the collection building on the back end.

Cons

I didn't love that you can't chose different captcha options or change the size of it. Also, the editing options are sometimes limited when setting up a blog.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Mainly because it was easier to use and less glitchy.

Bart from Accurat

The visual web design solution for your startup/business

Coming from a typical CMS software for our website, Wordpress, the more visual approach of Webflow makes it a breeze to update our website.

Pros

As a Figma user, I like the way of working in a visual environment. To be able to do this for a website / blog is just great. The # of high quality templates available is also a big plus and made it very easy to finally update our website. We came from two Wordpress websites before and to start create a new version was always something left on the table, as it is too cumbersome to do. With Webflow I am sure keeping the website updated with what we do will be far easier than before.

Cons

Currently there are no real downsides. Sometimes I have a hard time fixing things as my html/css knowledge is rather limited, but this has little to do with Webflow itself. Figuring out how it works with their documentation at hand is easy to get past most obstacles.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

We have been pushing a new website update forward for months now given the big effort it requires with Wordpress, the tool we used before. Coming across a webflow advert, we immediately figured out that might be the solution for us no longer postponing an update. With success.

Yassine from Freelancer

Beats wordpress in the long run

Making websites for clients is easier now since you just hand off the billing to them and webflow makes this swift. Ease of turning figma or mokcups into a pixel perfect design with granular editing . So many inspirations from the huge community since it belongs to a bigger community which is the no-code

Pros

Considerd no code tool and althouth the learning curve is bit steep its totally worth it and way better than Wordpress when it comes to the pros Fast hosting and freedom of design Many integrations So many templates and cloneables to speed up the process

Cons

Pricing for e-commerce is too high, plus its not easily editable once you create an e-commerce page you can't delete it Gets very pricey to customize it from a marketing perspective

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Better hosting, better design community and full of ressources and the best tutorials ever for web design

Matt from fivexfive

The new standard in website creation tools

Pros

Webflow is super powerful and we recommend all our clients to transition to Webflow from WordPress. It's so much easier to use and maintain and the CMS is class-leading. Add to that good pricing and super reliability and security, we don't develop sites on anything else

Cons

Can be complex to get started if you don't have a web design background, but the Webflow University is so good that even a beginner can get started and make their own site, with little training.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Webflow is easier to maintain and they handle all the hosting and security. So much easier for all concerned.

Excellent improvement from WP or Duda

Pros

Great templates and customizations, integrations and UX improvement.

Cons

Customer support and loading speed need improvement

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Duda service was not good. Customizations limited. Templates weak.

Adrien from Audivelo

Webflow user review

Fast, agile design and development of websites. Prototyping to launch timeline is greatly reduced, so profitability is increased. The CMS is highly customizable and easy to buildout.

Pros

Webflow allows for an agile design and development cycle. Iterations are quick to accomplish. The UX layout of the toolkit is easy to understand. The ability to add 3rd party integrations and custom code really extend the usability.

Cons

Webflow continually rolls out new features, but still lacks multi-filter search functions. Webflow has extensive tutorials, but it will take some time for a new user with prior HTML and CSS knowledge to get past the beginner level.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Webflow development cycle was faster and more visual, and the option to export to WordPress or another CMS platform is still available with exported code.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Faster custom website development and not having to rely on and constantly updating plug-ins.

Eric from Make Contact, LLC

Webflow is a niche product - the enthusiast's ultimate tool to making a visually stunning website

In my opinion, after 2+ years of using it (which I've now switched back to Wordpress for practicality), it really is a tool for web design enthusiasts. If you are an artist, musician, or design websites for that type of crowd, I think Webflow is the ideal tool for you because of how unique and capable it is for visual design. But for the majority of web designers and developers, you may find Webflow's workflow cumbersome and sometimes impractical for most client projects.

Pros

You can design some truly beautiful and unique websites in Webflow. There's no other software that has as many features and ability to completely control the design of your website other than Webflow. No coding needed, at all. There is a learning curve but the tutorial videos they offer are second to none. Hands down, the best tutorial series I've ever seen - you'll know why when you start watching. You will find that website animations are simple to implement and can be as complex as you need them to be. Here is my best description of Webflow - limitless when it comes to visual design.

Cons

Unfortunately, Webflow is not really practical for most professional web designers and developers. There are several serious reasons why I advise against using Webflow when building websites for other businesses. First off, most people have heard of Wordpress, but not Webflow, so selling a business on using the software is difficult. It can be hard to find outside developers and designers able to work in the system, whereas you can easily hire someone to work in Wordpress. Second off, it is expensive to host a website natively in Webflow (though this feature works great), yet it is impractical to just use the export feature. You lose the CMS/blog, ecommerce, and search abilities if you choose to pass on Webflow hosting. Lastly, it is not well suited for complex, large websites and is not suited at all for any specialized backend software. Worse yet, it is too complex to work with for simple sites.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

I have previously worked with Wordpress, Squarespace, Shopify, and Wix, as well as Adobe Muse before it was discontinued. At the time, I thought that Webflow would be perfect for my client's projects as I focused heavily on visual design. Over the past two years however, I've found Webflow to be impractical for most other things and reliance on the Webflow has sometimes been cumbersome.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

As a non-coder, I wanted a platform that would give me complete control over the design of my websites.

Dana from Vaalin, LLC

Industry: Online Media

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love! I'm not quite a developer yet so having software like Webflow gives me the freedom and flexibility to still be creative and push out hyper-functional websites that actually work and look good. The code is super clean and export-able, sites are responsive - with the ability to manage/rearrange/save content for each device - and customization is top notch. Their video tutorials (and PixelGeek on YouTube - he's the coolest!) and knowledge center offer in-depth guidance and help, which is a blessing. I also appreciate the fact that I can host with Webflow as well. At this point in my career, I want everything as streamlined as possible and Webflow makes it easy and secure.

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code. Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

Best no-code website builder in the market

Everything about Webflow is amazing. The interface is clean and easy to learn (they have more than 100 video tutorials, it is basically a "University" ). With Webflow you do not need to know how to code, you can create websites with static and dynamic content. And it is easy to customize any component. Every month they release new components, features, improve the interface, etc. Also, I would like to say the customer support is 10/10, they really care about your problems (if you have any).

Pros

The components (tabs, forms, text, etc) are totally customizable as if you were coding. And the ability to create a dynamic website with ease.

Cons

The hosting price is higher than other website builders.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Does not offer the amount of customization that Webflow offers.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Webflow is 1000% easier to use/create whatever you need. Everything about Webflow is better than Wordpress.

A promising alternative to Wordpress

After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for: Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pros

Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated. Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if you are a Wordpress developer, for example). Developing on Webflow feels way easier and to the point experience, no plugins to update, no broken pages or "Oh, the cart stopped working last night", no xss vulnerabilities to attend and the list goes on. I also love that they included a CMS feature, that it's where most of their competitors lose against Webflow. Symbols are also really cool, saving up a lot of time! Last is great that you can restrict what the editor can or can't change! Why should a blog writer be able to change the site layout?

Cons

The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example. The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

Rebecca from Rainy City Agency

Great for designing websites, lacks in e-commerce functions

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of!

Pros

Webflow is one of the best website designing tools on the market. Its ability to enable founders to design great front-facing websites is nothing short of spectacular! An excellent tool that enables designers to build fantastic websites!

Cons

Webflow lacks in its ability to support core e-commerce functions. Its ability to enable users to design great websites puts platforms like Wix and Magento to shame but its ability to enable worldwide selling still has a long way to come. I also felt a disconnect between Webflow's website design tools and its hosting functions. Shopify and Krepling boast better functions in this arena. That being said nothing comes close to Webflow in terms of designing great websites!

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Webflow was referred to me by a partner for having better design features and the ability to support website clients.

Jeff from HappyMeter

Webflow = Worth the Time

Platform that is great for small businesses just starting out. Highly recommended for it's easy of use, affordability and scalability.

Pros

Very slick UI and super easy to use and set up for collaboration. The designer module makes it easy for non-designers to make a site that is not only usable but professional. We really like the extensions that are available for pop-up elements and other helpful engagement modules like PayPal callouts with a Promo offer

Cons

We need to track deep analytics so it's kind of an issue to figure out firing triggers via GTM especially with forms. It takes a bit to get to know the platform but that is like any CMS - Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Pricing and looked like a more professional an scalable solution for our ecomm business.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Simplified designer capabilities and ease of implementation

Silviu from Felizi Tech S.R.L.

Why Webflow is one of the best tools for fast web prototyping and landing pages

Webflow allows you to move really fast. It has lots of things predefined for you, it has great tutorials to learn from and great customer support. For me, it is definitely the number one choice for web prototyping because I can build a great responsive website in hours and share the link with somebody else.

Pros

Webflow can be used for both prototyping and production ready websites. One of the greatest features of Webflow is its responsiveness: the UI adapts almost seamless to different screen sizes. Modifications on one screen size are spread across all different sizes. It has this great feature that allows you to reuse UI components across the entire project just by setting the same name for the components. UI components can also have multiple names and inherit multiple behaviors from different components. The code is totally transparent to the user: the user works just with visual elements and Webflow generates code in the back. It is a great tool for prototyping web pages: you can have your project published for free on a subdomain of Webflow just by clicking a button. It has a wide variety of predefined themes you can choose from. It is great for landing pages: it has lots of SEO features built right into it if you decided to host your website on their servers.

Cons

It is hard to collaborate as a team on a shared project. Copying and sharing work between different projects is sometimes painful. The price of hosting the website is relatively high comparing to the industry standard, but you can always opt in to export the code and host it somewhere else.

Really cool and different website platform

I've loved learning and using Webflow. I have deep experience in Wordpress and Squarespace, and moderate experience with Shopify, Wix and Weebly, and Webflow has been a completely different experience. I love how much you can do with it. They also have an awesome resource library to answer basically any question you could ever think up.

Pros

I love how customizable Webflow is, and how you can configure it to work for both technical and non-technical users. You can do so much without knowing any code, but you can also create endless customizations if you do know how to code. It's been a best of both worlds for our team.

Cons

The high point is also the low point -- we worked with a design agency to create our Webflow site, which created some gaps once we took control of the platform. It's so customizable that the daily users really need to be a part of the basic building blocks of the site from the very beginning, or you'll find yourself up against questions you can't easily answer unless you have an existing knowledge of how Webflow works. It's user-friendly for non-coders, but it is also too easy to mess with if you don't know what you're doing!

Jacob from HarmonDesign

Industry: Graphic Design

My Business Runs on Webflow

Pros

Webflow is literally the tool that I use most in my business. I use it every single day, and it is an integral part of what I do. The team at webflow is amazing, and they truly care about making the web a better place. The software is easy to use,​and extremely​ powerful.

Cons

There are some missing features, and it does take a while for the webflow team to get around to implementing them.

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

A quick way to create clean code.

Webflow helps me to quickly create the frontend of websites graphically without coding, shows all the changes in real time, with its css and js drivers, can create animations quickly and very professional styles, is a excellent tool to make scalable projects, gives total freedom over the code, also its hosting has a great performance, includes the ssl certificate its integrated cms is quite easy to use.

Pros

Webflow is a web application that facilitates the creation of the frontend design of websites, what I like most about webflow is that it allows me to manage html css and js graphically, besides that the imported code is very clean, as if it was created through code, it does not add lines or unnecessary code, in addition you can also add half querys to ensure the responsive development of the page without coding, since it has in its graphic editor the possibility of modifying the design for smartphones and tablets, in the landscape and portrait position, another thing that I really like is that I do not need any installation to start using it, besides it is easily integrated with tools like google analytics.

Cons

Graphically you can not access to modify nested selectors, so it is always necessary to include a class, or otherwise add the css code manually, this is a problem for users of the free layer, since it does not allow them to download The code is also somewhat complex to use its line of learning is steep.

Kalin from Ti Amo Vending

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

The most customizable no-code site builder platform for digital professionals

This is one of the best site and landing page builders out there. Although there is a slow learning curve, some drawbacks on the SEO side and heavy UX, overall i am happy with the service. I will continue to be their client, until something better comes up. So far, i don't see any serious competitor in the field of the website and landing pages builders for proffessionals. P.S. This software is almost impossible to use for a beginner. It's strictly targeted towards digital professionals with at least 1-2 years experience/

Pros

- The sandbox-like environment. - The code exporting - that was what got me on board. - Webflow university - most of the problems one faces, could be found in their "University".

Cons

- Very long learning curve for people who don't know HTML and CSS - Not that much SEO friendly. The process of SEO optimization is slow and you really have to know what you are doing. Other platforms have made this much easier.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

- Sandbox-like environment - Code export and specifically the ability to work in any outside system. - many pricing options - you can pay for what you need at the moment

Webflow is a web designer's holy grail

My web design company can afford to support smaller businesses and non-profits, because our overhead is MUCH lower, now that we don't need to hire a development team.

Pros

Webflow has been a game changer. It allows you to develop a website in a visual way. Unlike Squarespace and Wix and the like, it's not a web builder. You actually use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to build the website. For designers, it's crucial, because you can design websites and forego hiring a developer to code it. Truly, Webflow has impressive functionality, and they're always improving.

Cons

I wish Webflow had the functionality for native e-commerce. Multiple languages, native forums, and chat functionality would also be nice. While you can integrate all of these features from external plug-ins, it would make the development process much smoother if these functions were native.

The future of website creation

So far so good. Haven’t had the site live yet but the creation process is pretty straight forward.

Pros

How custom you can make your site. How fast it loads. How professional it looks. Two clean way to edit your site

Cons

Has a learning curve but an AMAZING tutorial. I swear the tutorial is one of the best I’ve seen in the tech business. They are funny but yet informative. Usually you dread watching those videos but man they are awesome.

Tutorials and support

Needed a better solution

The best thing since sliced bread

In a nutshell, Webflow allows us to build an amazing website in days instead of weeks. Devs love it because they can move fast, designers love it because the end result is just like the design, and the clients love it because it's really easy for them to make quick edits.

Pros

Simply put, Webflow is a UI over HTML and CSS. That means that anything you can build in HTML/CSS, you can build in Webflow ten times easier. We used to allocate weeks to building websites, involve multiple devs and spent a sizeable amount of time fixing cross-browser compatibility issues. Since we've started using Webflow, the turnaround time for projects decreased considerably and the devs love building websites (which wasn't happening before). Besides building the front-end, Webflow features a powerful CMS that allows you to visually edit the contents directly in the website - a feature that clients love, alongside the point-and-click content editing. Webflow is easy to learn (you need a good HTML/CSS understanding, though), incredibly easy to create mind-blowing animations and runs buttery smooth on any browser, anywhere in the world (they're using AWS infrastructure after all).

Cons

Webflow doesn't yet have an e-commerce CMS - it is still to be launched, even though it was announced some time ago.

Jenevine from Adlava

Webflow is the best no code platform

Our business loves Webflow. We can't imagine our daily lives without it. It has really given us freedom and loosened our ties with an outsourced development team, who we felt was eating up all our costs.

Pros

Webflow is a visual builder for websites and prototype softwares. It eliminates writing lines of code and streamlines the process of creating prototypes or functioning websites. It's relatively easy to learn, especially with a very extensive University resource. There is even a great community on the forums, Slack, and Facebook. Webflow's support is always very helpful. They truly put the consumer first.

Cons

It is always evolving, but there are specific features I would like to see implemented that I feel are pretty basic in web design.

Bells & Whistles, but worried about backend functionality

I used this to see if I could use it in my freelance work. What I'm finding is that most of my freelance work is for clients who have contracted Devs or a Dev team established and so the biggest feature of Webflow of being able to publish sites directly from design kind of falls through the cracks. With that, I've run into a few snags with actual Devs saying tat even though the CSS and code is valid, that it sometimes does not set up for flowing functionality on the backend when we change the website or add other things. Overall, it's nice to be able to produce simple website and landing pages straight from your code. I don't know anyone who won't like that, but past that, I don't think the ability to go from design to code really is that much of an advantage. With that, the overall Design features aren't a "Wow!" factor enough to have me switch over from my other design tools. Not a bad effort in the design world and would use again given the right circumstance.

Pros

Design to code ability really is what makes all the hype here. The UI is set up similarly to other design tools, so the ability to onboard quickly is there. Being able to have assets and elements export ready is nice.

Cons

Not as robust in prototyping as I would like, but it's fair enough. Biggest concern for me is that there's no real check to see how the backend of your UI is flowing what you set up on the front end. You REALLY need to have working knowledge of coding to understand that your site will not break. It can look good, but may not function exactly the way you had set up.

Rebecca from NITYA Software Solutions Inc

An ideal tool to build your website according to your needs

An excellent tool because it allows us to work on scalable projects because it is really feasible that several colleagues can work on the same website because this way the development is much faster which makes the projects become fun and the workflow is less rigorous.

Pros

I like it because it is a software that allows you to work from scratch in the creation of a website, contains a really modern and beautiful interface because it is very well designed so anyone with basic knowledge can be able to use it without any delay,is easy to use and can be useful for teamwork since in the development of a page can work several colleagues which helps your development process is much faster, also the code can be exported and because it provides an internal hosting the cost of money is lower, but what I like is that your launch of the pages is fast.

Cons

Although its design is really nice does not imply that it can be used by anyone, because working on this software without having basic knowledge of programming will make it quite complicated and difficult especially because for the assignment of elements is required to assign a class of hierarchical selectors.

Michael from Veeqo

Great for designing

Overall I love Webflow for designing pages. But there are certain situations (particularly when it comes to managing a blog) that I would love to go back to Wordpress.

Pros

Really is excellent for being able to design your website in an easy, scalable way without having to touch code, CSS, or patching together millions of plugins. I'm a marketer, not a designer, but I can still go from blank slate to great looking page in a matter of hours, rather than waiting weeks for it to go through developers and freelancers.

Cons

I love the software for design, but there are some big limitations elsewhere. Firstly, using it as a CMS to run a blog is far from optimal. Wordpress allows me to create users with certain permission levels so multiple people can go in and create and update posts—Webflow doesn't. The SEO aspect to this is also lacking—e.g. I have to create a big manual workaround simply to control my canonical tags. I also wish I could just "Edit HTML" versions of a post to tweak its code like in Wordpress, alas I can't. Secondly, only one person/account can enter the designer at a time, which creates workflow issues. This would be solved if the Editor worked, but it's so underdeveloped and slow that this is basically unusable after a couple of minutes.

Morgan from IBM

Great for designers with base knowledge of HTML/CSS

I used Webflow to create my personal portfolio site. It took a while get it setup right and learn the quirks and terminology that doesn't 1 to 1 map to HTML & CSS. In the end, I was able to go from a high fidelity website mock-up and build it in a modular way for all my different case studies. If you have the time and patience to learn it, it's a powerful tool for designers to bring their designs to life.

Pros

Webflow has allowed me to create a custom portfolio site of my own design without having to restricted to templates or having to dig through code to make small customizations. For people with a basic understanding of HTML & CSS structure and principles, it definitely creates an environment to plug and play without having to actually structure code and deploy it yourself.

Cons

The CMS functions are much to binding for my taste. I wish there was the capability to customize the CMS output a bit more, but today it's limited to locked fields and forms. Also, because you can start from scratch, it can be easy to build things in a way that will make it harder for you later on. There's definitely a learning curve, but in the end I've been much happier with the outputs than other website creation services.

Shaharyar from Quantum Solutions

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Webflow - Website Building made Easy

Overall this is a very useful platform for the beginner web developer who have not much knowledge of programming. You should learn this skill must, this is a career building platform.

Pros

Webflow is an easy platform for building your website by just installing theme drag and drop. Moreover it's page designing are way more attractive than WordPress you can add more effective designs using webflow. If you don't know any programming language, you may build your skills by practicing and making websites in webflow and you can earn handsome amount.

Jeff from Kaleidoscope Pictures

Future of design and coding

Hoping to break the mold of standard wordpress sites and do advanced design

Pros

I feel like I'm living in the future. After using wordpress for years, webflow was a breath of fresh air. Their training is bomb and I can't wait to keep using it in the future to provide high value for my clients!

Cons

I was a little unclear on pricing structure and it I need a new plan for each site, but I figured it out.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Security, lack of features, buggy, slow

Dimitar from DimitkoSter.com

Super tool for creating websites

I'm really impressed of all functionality and options that tool offering. You can create and Bute new website in just few days.

Pros

Webflow is rich with functionality and different customisation options that allow you to create stunning websites landing pages and akumas websites. All this has options to export in HTML.

Cons

You need a several days or weeks to learn all functionality and work with the tool easy. It's not recommended for beginners.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

I need it to create a website on somewhat form or builder and after that exported to my domain. Webflow gives me the freedom to make a custom website and landing pages.

Adrian from Education Management

Take your prototypes to a functional level

I have been using this tool for years to create websites from scratch. You have all the tools in the same place to make an authentic piece of design from wireframe to live page. All the functionalities available inside Webflow would speed the productions of web pages for any purpose, from custom made corporate sites to marketing landing pages.

Pros

I like Webfow because it is the freedom of design translated to the web. You don't have to be a programmer to create a great website. I don't think there is something similar in the market. It is a well-rounded tool for designers and front end developers. You can create the most fantastic experience and, with some tweaks, even supercharge your site for more complex features. You have the CMS inside to make even better the production. The E-commerce functionality is a great plus.

Cons

I think there is no perfect tool for the purpose of designing without coding. Webflow is growing to the point where the learning curve takes some time to catch. Creating interactions can be tricky.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

I did it because Worpress was to framed, plugin dependent, and complex for a web designer to create a custom made solution.

David from belkadigital srl

Good templates, cool features

Pros

The web templates are awesome and the possibility to add custom code is awesome. The animations need some training but are really powerful. The integration with Google Analytics and other services is interesting.

Cons

There are too few official VIDEO guides on YouTube or the internet, in general. The users relay on unprofessional videos that are not that useful

Because gives more freedom

Vinicius from Qualyteam

Easier websites

Being able to maintain a site more easily, and constantly add content without breaking it. It's the next step on the web, more professional, accessible, responsive, easily maintainable, and good content-management websites.

Pros

Webflow is great. It creates the code as I layout it visually. It organizes editing tools optimally by dividing according to the structural content types of a page. This is great for CMS, it's great to be able to edit the code later. Allows you to make a high-level site, even those who do not have so much design knowledge can, with little practice, be able to make an extremely professional site. The interactions possibilities (video, image and typography) are great feature.

Cons

The problem that I found in webflow is that it does not have in the FREE version, the possibility of assembling the prototype using the features of the PRO version. To cite one example: the integration feature with Adobe fonts. Typography is key in design, how can I present a final version of a website without the brand typography? This would be crucial in order to approve the project and values with the board team, for example. Another problem is the lack of plugins compared to WordPress. I don't use it for my company website because of these tools that help in marketing / leads / seo / ads. But I believe that over time this can improve.

Douwe from Douwe van Schie

The perfect website builder for Graphic- and UX-designers

Would recommend this software to all my friends, I do so actually. The learning curve seemed a bit steep at the beginning, but once you get the hang it's great!

Pros

There is no coding involved, but you're still free to create anything you want. You need a few hours to get used to the system, but once you know the basics it's super easy.

Cons

Some packages are pretty expensive compared to the market. The packages are pretty expensive and even the paid ones are limited in some ways.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Wordpress doesn't give you much freedom

Ariel from Wonder Technologies, Inc.

Great for non-developers to make websites!

I really like Webflow and I would recommend it to any small business that wants to have a website, it has more options and flexibility than WordPress, Wix and Squarespace. The CMS (blog) content can be a little confusing to set up at first, but all the video introductions really help wrap your mind around how to do everything.

Pros

Cons

Finding resources to fix something that has gone wrong is fairly technical. There's definitely a learning curve, but once you get through that there's a lot of power in webflow.

Mike from Built For Speed LLC DBA Henry Marketing Co.

Webflow makes the hard simple!

Pros

Once in a while there is a software package that changes the game, Webflow is that software. This is not a typical glowing review, this is the review I would want to if I was searching for a website building beast of a program.

Cons

I HATE the way they priced this service. It is SO expensive.

Best software to use to create amazing websites fast!

It's the go-to software my team goes to when in need of a beautifully designed website in a short amount of time!

Pros

- very easy to use and understand; - beautifully designed templates so that your website looks like it's been made by a professional team; - really fast and easy to build an website - you can literally create an outstanding website in a week if not a few days; - cost - you get a lot of benefits just by getting the basic option.

Cons

- limited templates available; - limitations in terms of how you can build the website - there are a few features that are not yet developed and integrated (eg. inserting tables).

Jason from FrogDesk

A great WYSIWYG but tied to proprietary CMS

For the first time ever, a WYSIWYG web editor can produce good, clean, code, integrate with a solid CMS, and do most everything the majority of non-tech businesses will need it to do. However, in my opinion, the tradeoff of being tied to their ecosystem is just not worth it. If you believe fully in Webflow and are sure it will stick around and that it will never do anything you wouldn't do, then go for it. Otherwise, maybe use it just for prototyping, since as cool as the tool itself really is, you might not want to be married to it.

Pros

You can build really, really good websites with this software without touching code. It only eliminates the technical hurdle, of course -- Ideally, you are a designer yourself or are hiring one to use this tool. I think this is almost certainly the best WYSIWYG web builder that has ever been created.

Cons

The CMS is proprietary and will stop working if you stop paying them. You can export your code, but it doesn't come with the functioning CMS and you will lose all the dynamic aspects of your website in this process. This will result in either a costly re-build or simply downgrading your site to a static one if you ever decide to part ways with Webflow or they go out of business.

Miguel from Marketing and Advertising

The best site builder for create animations and interactions

I am using Webflow to create web app and landing pages animations and interactions

Pros

Cons

The worst part of webflow is his learning curve, i take a long time to lear how use and manipulate it, but after this, its really easy. Other bad thing in webflow is the you get stuck to his host

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Webflow is more complete than elementor

Natasa from Vareo d.o.o.

Great CMS for SMEs and agencies

Overall Webflow is a perfect tool for smaller website and ecommerce projects. The only flaw is that it does not support multilingual pages. But all in all very easy to use for designers, developers and editors.

Pros

It's very easy to use, intuitive, easy to design wepages without developers help. Good Template library for small projects that need to be finished fast on budget. But robust enough to design and develop custom made webpages for more demanding customers.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that it does not support multilingual websites. You have to find a workaround. And coming from EU, multilingual is a must.

LOVE Webflow

Pros

It is hard to pick what I like most because there is so much to love. Amazing customer support and strong community. I am a strong front-end developer and don't feel like their platform dumbs-down what I know. So much flexibility, speed with the built-in hosting, always releasing features that their community has requested, really helpful at sharing work-arounds.

Cons

An amazing balance of user friendliness and full design freedom

Webflow has been an amazing tool to get to learn and the learning curve has been very easy. It saves me loads of time compared to working in Dreamweaver and I find the visual layout/feedback to be helpful in gaining a more holistic view of web design. I can't imagine going back to coding by hand after using this tool.

Pros

As an experienced graphic designer and a novice web designer I've found the visual interface of Webflow to be extremely helpful. I can see the changes in my design as I make adjustments and this has been huge in gaining a better understanding of web design. I've also found that I can design a site in at least half the time as compared to working in Dreamweaver.

Cons

During very few select times I was not able to edit text fields for my site. I think this was due to updates, but it was frustrating none the less. This bug has not happened for 3 months or so and was short lived otherwise. I sometimes feel like it's easy to accumulate CSS styles because Webflow creates default styles as you add elements to the canvas. The styles panel does contain a handy clean up tool, which helps with this issue, but I'm still losing track of styles from time-to-time.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Time savings, driven more by visual design, less reliance on hand writing HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

Front End Development just made so much easier

Great software to design static webpage and with CMS you can even create dynamic pages in seconds.

Pros

I have tried a few modern web design software and Webflow is absolutely the best. It follows the latest HTML5 and CSS3 guideline so the code is clean. It's so easy to set up Flexbox and it provides some basic common elements such as sliders, nav bars but still customizable. Web animation is also made so much easier. The best thing is the CMS. It's pretty much an alternative of Wordpress but so much more easier and flexible.

Cons

I love all the feature Webflow provided but the only thing I can't justify is the pricing for hosting. When another web hosting company provides the same service for a month and Webflow is dollar. It's hard to sell it to my clients.

Deploy instantly and easily with the integrated CMS

Good service, it serves a good niche of fast and reliable design, you can also use it to work with a client in live sessions

Pros

When you need an easy exit and have time issues, but still need to look professional use webflow. As the design you can make is unique and deployment in a hostable version is very easy and fast. Love all the design layers and good stability.

Cons

A webpage generator done right

Webflow is great, is so good that sometimes when doing projects using the tool feels like cheating. The speed on development that it provides, plus the independence of execution makes this a great tool for workplaces where the workforce might not be so big to design and execute projects fast.

Pros

Webflow is basically photoshop in steroids to put it in a way. The tool is easy to use and only demands little to none web development basic knowledge, the biggest plus is that the code produced by the tool is clean and not full of clutter as other similar tools.

Cons

Not much. The only thing is that since is a fairly new tool, some of the functionality you might be looking for or that can only be achieved by custom development might not be available.

Sophie from Spotlight Solutions

Really poor experience

Poor

Pros

At the beginning, I thought the free templates are nice

Cons

- Was very confusing to use (I'm assuming it's more for very experienced designers) - There customer service is non-existent, I had numerous situations where there was a bug or I was stuck and there was literally no way of solving it. Weblfow only refers you to articles that are hit or miss - You had to google how to do very basic tasks

Recommendation

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

I was recommended to do this by my designer, who had heard great things about Webflow. Fast-forward 5 months later and we're pulling our hair out because the tool is so confusing. We're now switching back to Wix.

Kayleigh from PracticeMatch

Bit of a learning curve, but once you get going it's great!

Pros

I use Webflow when one of my clients needs a website completed quickly and seamlessly and want to integrate with their e-commerce platform. There's definitely a learning curve, but once you get into the groove of things it does become much easier. I love the option of using them for hosting instead of another hosting company, although it may not be the cheapest option for you. They also have a lot of tutorials on their website to help you along the way.

Cons

This is a web-based client and not downloadable software, so that gets a bit annoying if I accidentally close a window. Tutorials on the website also need to be update to match the current version. I've done a few tutorials that totally did not match the version they're currently running.