Webflow Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The fact that there are so many templates to choose from, but you can still do so much on your own with custom coding. Also, the webflow university community is amazing."
  • icon"The thing that i most like in webflow is his really easy feature to create and design animations and interactions, its really good."
  • icon"Webflow allows you to build stunning websites with (relative) ease. While development experience is recommended before you dive in, it's not absolutely necessary."
  • icon"The worst support I've experienced from any major software provider. Hard to cancel because your site is built on their platform, I guess that's why their support can be so bad."
  • icon"There's a mountain of detail and features involved that could be incredibly intimidating for beginners. Definitely try before you buy."
  • icon"The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent."

Browse all Webflow Reviews

• Have you used Webflow and would like to share your experience with others?

Alan

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Webflow is a gamechanger for allowing marketing teams to control their website

Shannon

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

Reasons for choosing Webflow

Because Webflow is infinitely better. Once I registered for a trial and started building, I knew I would never go back to anything else.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Prior to getting the webflow recommendation, I needed to re-do my website from scratch. All the website builders I was familiar with fell into a pretty aggravating dichotomy: either you can use Squarespace/Wix/Virb/22slides/4ormat, etc. and there's pretty much zero customization possible or you can use WordPress, which is antiquated, difficult to translate to mobile and overall a huge pain of a builder. My sister told me about Webflow, I set up a trial and fell in love.

November 2022

The best website design and management tool there is

I make my living using Webflow - it's been life changing.

Pros

If you're looking for a web design tool, look no further, Webflow is what you've been looking for. There is a learning curve but it's organic and intuitive and the community is amazing.

Cons

The slow release of features has meant that sometimes there is limitations on what you can do - however, if I'm being honest, it hasn't affected very many projects of mine.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Because Webflow was so much better - I knew it as soon I began using it.

Arvaldo

Bad support and bugs

In two adjectives: BAD and ANNOYING, I regret it.

Pros

In the beginning, I thought Webflow would really be the tool to help me solve the problems I was hoping to solve, but not, they created new ones that this time, without a website developer around one can't fix it. Then you ask for support help and the answer you get is "it seems you are asking for web development services, we don't offer that, please ask for help in the community". This has happened to me endless times in the last 2 years with LEGIT questions on bugs I found in this tool. I do NOT recommend that you use it or switch from WordPress or something else thinking you are really going to get the next level here, because you are not. I hope this feedback doesn't get canceled or blocked because it is real and can help other people to make their decision.

Cons

Bad support No support for multiple languages Limit to 100 pages (then everything crashes) Bugs!!!!

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Because I thought it would be a better option for our company. I was very wrong!

Joshua

August 2022

The best website designer out there

Webflow is a professional tool that I am very comfortable working with. I use it practically every day with pleasure.

Pros

Webflow is the best solution for designers who want to build high-level web experiences without the support of a development team. The design tool is the most advanced in the industry, and although it has a somewhat steep learning curve at first, it offers great freedom in design choices. The excellent design tool is accompanied by an integrated hosting solution with excellent performance and a robust CMS.

Cons

Although the potential and flexibility of the platform are very high, there are some situations in which one finds oneself having to rely on third-party solutions to turn around the shortcomings of the tool. Developing and deploying new features isn't particularly fast. In some usage scenarios, the costs are too high. Especially eCommerce solutions are excessively expensive for what they offer. Although there is an intention, I have not yet had the chance to offer my customers a Webflow eCommerce solution because it is too expensive.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

I was looking for a platform that had greater performance, stability and design freedom.

August 2022

Webflow can be the best option, for some.

I have a very pleasant experience with Webflow and it allows me to create beautiful websites.

Pros

Webflow is perfect for designers who want to build the sites they design. It's a strong builder that follows the concepts of html/css/javascript principles. It's really versatile and you can create beautiful websites.

Cons

There is a learning curve on using Webflow. It is best to follow their own Webflow University which is free, but will take up multiple hours of your time. You will also need some basic knowledge of how the web works and how websites are build.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

I used to buy themes on Wordpress to get the desired design I wanted, but all of these themes were limited in options. With Webflow I can create a 1-on-1 copy op my design in Figma.

Ade

It is A Great tool, However the User Experience could be Better

Webflow makes it simple for anyone without coding skills but with some design experience to develop responsive websites. Additionally, Webflow offers free, fantastic templates for nearly any type of company, agency, and portfolio.We have used Webflow to design websites for many businesses and clients

Pros

Utilizing Webflow is simple. Drag and drop method for creating great websites, no coding required. The theme can be downloaded by anybody, modified to suit their needs, and turned into a live website in few minutes.The finest no-code platform for creating any type of design is without a doubt Webflow. Every CSS attribute, every HTML element, and a variety of CSS and JS interactions are available in Webflow. And not a single line of code was written to make any of this happen. Webflow does not employ abstracted widgets and components, in contrast to other website builders. You get all of the essential building blocks and elements available in HTML and CSS with Webflow. So therefore, one can easily use it to create just anything so far you can imagine it.

Cons

It lacks certain crucial capabilities, such as the capacity to replicate designs between different media sizes or between different pages. Additionally, there is no method to omit pages from the site map without switching to a fully manual sitemap, nor is there a means to copy entire pages from one project to another.Lastly, the user interface needs some improvement to make it more user friendly.

Sibiry

November 2022

Webflow

Pros

The webflow software is very easy to use. It allows you to create your website and with the domain name you want

Cons

Difficult integration of plugins and html codes, otherwise all is well

Cedric

Webflow

Pros

An easily customizable software. It is the perfect software for web designers

Cons

Webflow has no drawbacks I haven't found any yet

Devin

October 2022

Awesome software if you want to design gracefully

Pros

You can build SO many things and animations with it. It's top tier amazing software

Cons

The inability to move away from the platform.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Wix was entirely bulky at the time

Vincent

October 2022

Une simplicité pour la gestion de son image

Pros

Délégation à des utilisateurs non techniques Facilité d'intégration avec le domaine Facilité de mise à jour en temps réel

Cons

Beaucoup de complexité dans le builder Temps de montée en compétences très long Certaines fonctionnalités sont cachées loin dans les options

Luke

Best Online Website Builder

Pros

Webflow is by far the best online framework to build a website. It is truly what you see is what you get, but there are so many great features that make Webflow work well with SEO and advanced features. We can't recommend this software enough.

Cons

We haven't run into anything we don't like. If we had to be picky it'd be that video hosting isn't supported yet. This isn't a big deal since we just use YouTube to embed.

Reasons for choosing Webflow

We found that Webflow by far was the most advanced of Wordpress alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

We needed something more modern and something easier to update.

Jakub

May 2022

Build quick websites with advanced functionality

i was looking for a site builder which would be open enough to let us setup custom styled components and tweak prebuilt templates to our needs. And that it what Webflow has given us. Using a template as a starting point and building up from there.

Pros

The possibility of adding custom functionality into the current and prebuilt templates makes using Webflow super cool. Most of the common parameters of a website can be modified only using menues and dgra-and-drop features. But that is not where it ends. You can add own scripts and classes if needed to really make the site shine and BE different from other website builders.

Cons

The bulkyness of the interface is sometimes slowing you down and if you want to create a really simple site there are too many parameters to set. A simple one-pager turns into a day of work at the end. Because almost everything can be edited. Also image manipulation and optimisation is not the best. Repositioning an image in the background can turn into a nightmare + add the mobile and tablet breakpoints and it can be easier to code the site from scratch.

Reasons for choosing Webflow

The templates provided were most useful for the current project.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Speed of deployment and interface.

Marco

April 2022

The perfect website builder for designer

In the end, I'm happy with Webflow. It's an amazing platform for designers, but it's definitely not enough for advanced website building. You can use it just for landing pages, personal blogs, portfolios, and local business websites. If you need advanced functionalities you need to hard code them (losing the benefit offered by the platform) or you need to chose a different platform.

Pros

The UX of Webflow and its functionalities are perfect for every designer that wants to approach web design. It empowers designers to build award-winning websites with granular control over the final output. The Webflow hosting is blazing fast, the code generated is clean and lightweight, and the CMS functionalities are great.

Cons

For a platform so good is incredible how many cons there are with Webflow: - it's not GDPR compliant, and they are actively and deliberately ignoring this issue - it doesn't have a multi-lingual system. You are forced to rely on third-party apps, that add a huge monthly cost for the maintenance of your website - the e-commerce side is incredibly weak compared to other players - the CMS is capped at 10k items. It may seem a lot, but if you automate CMS library enrichment you end up consuming them quickly - every item is capped at 30 custom fields. Again, 30 may seem a big number, but if you used conditional display logic, you can quickly consume those 30 custom fields (and there are other small limitations). It's limiting also for advanced blog structures, like affiliate blogs that need comparison tables. - the general development of the platform is incredibly slow. They haven't added relevant features for years! They even removed the client billing features (I wasn't a fan of it, but they said that they removed it so they can focus on more relevant features, while they are not releasing anything!) - some standard components are not accessible according to WCAG, and you have to rebuild them - a lot of basic components are not pre-built, so you have to custom code them

Reasons for choosing Webflow

It let you build websites with a super solid HTML structure

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Because Webflow offers me much more functionalities and controls on the output.

Steve

Webflow is the Future of Website Design

Webflow has been an incredible experience for me. I've built half a dozen websites in Webflow with plans for more. I can't recommend this platform enough!

Pros

Webflow is a solid website design platform. Every site I've built on Webflow has been incredibly fast. I attest this to the fact that when you drag and drop the widgets (text blocks, headings, sections, images, etc.) into the design that the right panel is helping you configure all of the CSS in a way that actually helps you [secretly] understand CSS better while making it SUPER easy to do. Generally, you won't have to worry about third-party plugins or anything like that with a Webflow site like you would with WordPress. That's because you can't "install" a plugin on Webflow the way that you would with WordPress. You can add custom code to the site and integrate third-party tools that way, but depending on your level of comfort with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS, you may not ever need a third-party tool with Webflow.

Cons

The widgets that you can add are very basic. I understand the point of this; they're giving you basic building blocks of a website in a sense. It's up to your creativity and skill to be able to design a site that looks great. This does make it harder for people coming from WordPress page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen, etc., when you open Webflow's Designer for the first time and feel like all of the options you had in the past are missing. Knowing that you *can* build something as complex using these basic building blocks can be overwhelming when you aren't used to doing it this way, but looking through the templates and even purchasing a premium Webflow template can often get you all of the building blocks you were looking for.

Reasons for choosing Webflow

As a WordPress web designer, I always had a negative opinion of Wix and SquareSpace. I don't really have a good reason for it other than the fact that all WordPress designers diss these other tools. I recently tried Wix out and it's... fine I guess. Wix Editor X definitely has a long way to go before it can hold a candle to Webflow. Trying out SquareSpace just isn't high on my to-do list.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

I made the switch because I was sick of having very slow load times on WordPress. I saw ads on Facebook and took a leap of faith. I immediately fell in love with the product when I saw how absolutely great it is to work with!

Azeem

Amazing Website Builder for Designers

We're currently a small team working on a product and we're not in a position to hire professional web developers to work on our website. That's where Webflow came to our rescue. The learning curve was there but over time, the nimbleness of the product helped us a long way.

Pros

The features I loved about Webflow are: 1. The website builder is so easy to use. 2. The guided demo when you get in the first time is top-notch. It got me acquainted with the interface exceptionally fast. 3. It has an easy to understand pricing plan. For someone who is new to websites, the plan allows you to clearly understand how pricing works. 4. The template library and component cloning features are majestically good. We've been able to deploy complex animations and components simply by cloning them through other templates. 5. Lastly, Webflow has an amazing community that comes up with answers faster than their support team.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike but: 1. The customer support could be faster, my empathetic and responsive. 2. If they could come up with a better way to optimise sites for mobile, it would be a gamechanger.

Reasons for choosing Webflow

Webflow was simply to understand and even during the learning curve, the impact was tangible and visible.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

Webflow offered easy customizations, unlike Unbounce and Wordpress. Wordpress was somehow difficult to understand and optimize for us (personal experience, can be different for others)

Joshua

Industry: Music

Incredible Creativity Flexibility And Potential

My overall experience with Webflow has been nothing short of spectacular. The seamless integration of a no-code interface and the way Webflow writes code in the background is honestly a game changer for me. As a result of my limited coding ability, I was over-reliant on WordPress themes in the past but I would always need additional plugins to bring my ideas to life. As such my website would become increasingly bloated. Not having to worry about any of these issues is truly liberating and I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision to transition to Webflow.

Pros

Webflow provides an incredible no-code user experience that has completely elevated my workflow! Everything is incredible well designed and implemented - from the WYSIWYG editor, to the fantastic Webflow University and the seamless deployment of code as you bring your website to life. Creating, maintaining and evolving my website/blog has never been more enjoyable and I finally feel as though I have total creative freedom! I recommend Webflow unreservedly.

Cons

Having used Webflow for the better part of the year, I can honestly say that I don't have any major concerns with Webflow. There are many website developers who undoubtedly require deeper functionality but I've not run into any issues that have prevented me from realising the goals for my website. Webflow is a fantastic tool and I'm honestly excited to see how they continue to grow and evolve the platform.

Reasons for choosing Webflow

The three alternatives are all decent but I ultimately just preferred Webflow's ecosystem and overall user experience. The quality of the tutorials provided in the Webflow University is also unmatched and that may have been a deciding factor!

Reasons for switching to Webflow

I was constantly switching between different WordPress themes and buying plugins to realise my website goals. I needed a change because whilst WordPress is a fantastic solution for many users, I wanted more freedom and flexibility.

Max

Webflow - the king of the no-code movement

Once you understand webflow you'll never want to go back to any other builder but the learning curve at first is very steep. If your goal is to deploy standard websites fast this isn't the best tool for you, however if you're planning on building memorizabile experiences and indivual websites learning webflow will be the best choice you have ever made.

Pros

This is the most powerful visual designer you have ever used when designing websites. Other visual design tools like duda, sqaurespace, wix etc. don't even come close to what is possible with webflow. That's because webflow isn't a usual visual design tool, it's a way to code visually. This explains the huge difference between webflow and the other tools, because you essentially write code you're not tied to any limitations the builder offers. With that in mind you can build pretty much anything you'd ever imagine with webflow.

Cons

Because it's so powerful there comes a huge learning curve when first starting webflow. While most of the other visual design tools are more or less self explanatory when you used them for a few weeks webflow is not. This makes introducing the tool to other people hard, however this isn't something that is the fault of the product itself, it comes with the many possibilities this product offers. The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent. Many other website builder tools offer live chat support etc., however webflow doesnt do that at all, if you have any issues you'll have to write them an email and you can feel lucky if they responod in 2 weeks.

Reasons for switching to Webflow

too many limitations and not enough innovation with the product

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow. 1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing away right on the page so you can see how it's looking without having to bounce to a new window every step. This single feature is the strongest draw for my clients as we all know what WP has to offer. 2) NO PLUGINNS necessary! nothing to update, configure, or crash as Webflow is constantly improving features and taking care of system updates for you. The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that.. danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates. Basically, Webflow take