What are Weebly users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Weebly software through verified user reviews

1,593 Reviews

• icon"I like how it is super friendly to beginners, easy to navigate, good drag and drop editor, makes a website LOOK pretty."
  • icon"I absolutely love how quickly and easily you can put together a beautifully functioning website with just a few clicks. The options are really endless and can fit your every website need."
  • icon"I really like the fact that this is very easy and free to use. I think its great to blog and share things on."
  • icon"I felt the branding color scheme was a little dull. Additionally, Weebly forced all its non-premium users to have a company watermark on every page."
  • icon"Compared to Wix, its design flexibility is poor. Very difficult to create a website in multiple languages for different ciountries."
  • icon"Also their lowest paid tier has ads and I find it ridiculous to be paying for ads."

Browse all Weebly Reviews

• Have you used Weebly and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,593 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,593 reviews

Joshua

Great For Those With Little Experience

Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Ease of use. Little learning curve. Professional designs.

Ease of use.

shivam

Industry: Music

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

I choose Weebly because it's not very costly , Trusted Brand

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wix is also a good website but it was very costly which I cant afford it

Halimatun

Weebly is good for non coding website builder

Pros

Weebly comes with detailed instructions and educational materials that are quite useful. Getting up and running in less than an hour is possible, and you may go back to the manual if necessary. I am able to edit and publish items rapidly to maintain things relevant.

Cons

There is a slight lack of functionality since this is designed for those without coding skills. Still, the themes and layout allow for considerable customization in creating the appearance of a personalized page. There is indeed a limit to the number of adjustments you can make.

Rich

Industry: Graphic Design

There are better options out there.

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not. Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us. The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

Pros

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

Cons

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The cost and what seemed to be prompt customer support.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The customization that they did for our site for us would break the site every time they updated their core applications - and wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to fix our site every time they did - even though I had in writing that their updates wouldn't break our site, and if they did they would take care of them at no charge.

Jason

Great alternative for Homeowner Associations

My homeowner association was in desperate need to get with the times! Trying to snail mail and go door to door is simply not practical in this modern age. Professional web development services were too costly. In looking at the numerous website builders, I decided to try Weebly since it offers a completely free option. All of our community documents, meeting information, etc. are now online. We've also been able to integrate an online process for residents to pay assessments online as well as direct realtors and title companies to an estoppel form. Our neighborhood website has now become the gold standard that other neighborhoods within my community are trying to duplicate. Overall Weebly has been a godsend!

Pros

Weebly is a very compelling service to publish professional looking content in an easy to use interface. I have found that the free option provides more than enough flexibility to meet my needs.

Cons

I would like to see some of the additional features be available as an a la carte offering rather than flat subscription fees.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Other postive product reviews and no cost or risk.

Nibaruta

recommended website builder for non tech

My experience was good as someone who helped clients set up their websites. but sometimes the client can ask for work that is not doable in weebler.

Pros

Its one of the best website builder all in one with domain name hosting specially for those with short time or don't require much custom work in their website. but from a simple website to e-commerce websites they are worth trying. Drag and drop :)

Cons

I wish they could allow deep custom work into the template codes as sometimes it requires extra than just a ready-made template.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

clients choice and for self experience

Reasons for switching to Weebly

clients required it or they had already purchased a package

I love Weebly

Overall I love weebly. I have been an active user for about 10 years

Pros

I loved the pre built templates the most ! So easy and fast to edit pages.

Cons

I dint like how this platform doesn't allow multiple payment integrations for checkout.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly is more user friendly than WordPress.

Amanda

Industry: Graphic Design

Great Option for Free Websites

This is a relatively easy to use system for novice users with no monthly fees. It's a great option for someone who is just starting out and doesn't have a large budget for their website - but still would like a basic functional website without too many bells & whistles.

Pros

Weebly is very user friendly. I recommend it a lot for clients who have very little or no website design knowledge. It uses a drag & drop format, which most people find intuitive. The starting plan is free, which also helps save on monthly costs. All their websites are fully responsive.

Cons

The templates are not very customizable. More options are available when you upgrade to a paid account.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly was easier for my client to use & offered a free option with no monthly fees.

Jared

A website for artists.

I was in search of a website to host my art from amd weebly fit the bill perfectly.

Pros

The website is easy to use and setup. Lots of features and ready to use api that makes this an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Sometimes the webpage to edit my site takes a little long to load, sometimes it does not load at all and will have to refresh.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I choose weebly for the customizable options that were offered.

Very easy to use!

Very positive overall experience. I’ve never had to reach out to support though so I’m not sure what that experience is like.

Pros

I started using this tool when I got a client who wanted me to manage their website along with their paid ads I was building and managing. At first o was hesitant to learn a new platform and was worried I’d need to have extensive coding experience, but once I saw how user-friendly and intuitive it was to manage their site, I was thrilled!

Cons

It’s obviously not a fully custom website platform, but for being WYSIWYG and drag and drop, it really does the job well.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

My client chose the Parisian actually. I want involved in the decision.

Lois

Good for beginners

Overall, Weebly has been instrumental in getting my business up and running, and it has served its purpose up until now. The experience has been mostly positive thus far, but the natural progression of needing a platform that runs more smoothly, is more reliable, and has more features, leads me to other platforms.

Pros

To put it plainly, Weebly is basically idiot-proof, which is a great feature when you are first learning how to build websites. Without spending much time at all learning how to use Weebly, and no prior experience, you can throw up a quick website that looks and functions OK.

Cons

Weebly is so glitchy. Sometimes when I drag and drop a widget, it ends up halfway down the page in the wrong position, like the mouse is not calibrated or something, and this can only be fixed by doing a hard refresh. It is also painfully slow. You can't add custom fonts. The formatting with spacing is very basic.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly is more simple than WordPress and was recommended by a tutor.

Who knew WEEBLY would keep us in business?

Overall, WEEBLY has been a lifesaver for us. The customer support has been really helpful, and usually solved our issues immediately. Our business will probably include online ordering through WEEBLY even after things settle down. It has helped streamline a lot of larger orders and helped create a more sustainable version of what we do.

Pros

We have grown VERY familiar with WEEBLY since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We use Square POS for our coffee shop, and WEEBLY is directly integrated with the online side of Square. We were very early adopters of WEEBLY, and initially had to sort of hack many of the features to make it do what we wanted to. WEEBLY has made accepting online orders - which was previously a very daunting idea - very easy. WEEBLY integrated perfectly with our Square system, and allowed us to use our current item library from Square for an easy online ordering system. It prints to paper printers our iPad digital printers, and helped streamline online orders at a crucial time in our business, where most of our sales were going through WEEBLY.

Cons

Sometimes WEEBLY will freeze up and create a spinning circle during checkout. This has created some issues for customers trying to order from us but end up giving up after waiting 15 minutes for it to load. It has gotten better as more people have adopted it during the COVID-19 pandemic. One more problem! If you decide to add items INSIDE Weebly instead of Square, it won't add any of the default taxes. We've sold items for weeks without charging tax and didn't notice until later. Just keep an eye out for that when creating items inside the Weebly back end.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

WEEBLY was already connected to our item library and we were able to launch it LITERALLY overnight. I'm glad we worked through the difficult phase of figuring out how it works to get to where it is now! Keeping bringing updates and perfecting the user experience!

Tyler

Industry: Sporting Goods

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I, personally, am not technologically savvy enough to use other products. Drag and drop was a huge factor for me because I needed to both be able to build the website and have it be reviewed and edited by our staff. We all are at the same level of competence and this was a solution that fit us all!

Lena

Easy and professional website design

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I liked having the free plan to be able to test out most of the features with weebly and overall found it easier to use and the pricing plans were more competitive.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Magento was very old fashioned and hard to use. Integrations were a nightmare and trying to find the right reports to access my data took forever.

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly: - It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using. - Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform. - Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from. - No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset. - Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great. - There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help. - I think it's great for using with students It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Pricing was the primary reason. In hindsight, I also feel that it was easier and quicker to get the Weebly site up and live.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Primary reasons are the user friendliness and the pricing.

Susanne

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else. The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Suzie

Weebly Review

Overall, I really like weebly. I feel like it's been too long though since they've added new templates, and I really wish they would do this very soon. I really like that I know their system well. I also like that they added the new 'apps' features. It gives the websites a ton of more capability, and makes my website more interactive for people visiting as well due to the new apps and tools I'm able to use through Weebly. Another thing I really like about Weebly is how I'm able to publish my work onto a sub-domain until I'm ready to purchase and go for hard launch to the public, this is great, because then I have a proper way to be able to preview my work and see exactly what my website visitors will see.

Pros

The thing I like most about Weebly is it's ease of access, and how plainly user friendly it's laid out. It makes it extremely easy to use, which helps me focus on the content I'm implementing into my website, and keeps me on task to get things finished in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

I don't like how Weebly CONSTANTLY charges me for things I don't authorize. No matter how many times I tell them to STOP the recurring charge options, and as many times as they confirm that they have taken care of it, I never have a safe feeling that they will stop it, which makes me nervous. I've had to call weebly numerous times, because out of nowhere, I'll have a charge from Weebly for some unknown thing that I never asked for, and never consented to having my card charged for, and it's getting very frustrating to have to call them to correct the issue every single time it happens, all for it to just keep happening again at MY expense.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Go daddy was getting WAY to expensive, and WAY too complicated. There were WAY too many steps from signing in, to when you finally actually get into the website builder. Go daddy just had way too many things going on. I like Weebly because of how basic, straight forward it is.

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

Sarah-jean

Better than other website builders

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly is much more user friendly and offers more easy to use options, without have to use a bunch of third party widgets.

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.  The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Alyssa

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site. It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please. I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

Cons

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Overall Weebly just seemed more user friendly at the time. I did a little trial of Squarespace and it was fine, but I preferred the format of Weebly. And Wix I've had so many friends use it but they always seem to have an issue with it one way or another.

Katie

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Roger

Great product once you get past the learning curve

I enjoy using the software and I would strongly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use, once you get past the learning curve Store feature is flexible and effective, provides downloadable data to analyze your sales Site offers more flexibility in that each page can be set up to your exacting standards Support is good, although since I live/work on the east coast, and our support service is located on the west coast, I don't get support until around noon to 8:00 PM, from my specific contact.

Cons

Like any other software, it takes some time to get to know how it works and to be effective and efficient using the product. This is key for someone, like myself, who provides web design servicess through a consulting capacity.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Choice of my client, but it was a good decision.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

One client wanted to use this software, so I learned it and now I use it most often.

Danielle

As a web designer, I'm surprised at how pretty you can make Weebly sites

I had a client ask me to build her two websites in Weebly and I must say they came out pretty awesome! Keep in mind I'm a WP/Squarespace designer so this was kind of something I didn't want to do. The good thing is my clients can easily just edit their websites after I make them pretty. So great for those who don't want to worry about the tech/maintenance etc.

Pros

The drag and drop builder is super easy to use and in fact, it rivals the WordPress and Squarespace ones. It's smart enough to know if you drag and drop a photo that you want the text to wrap around the photo. Other builders can't seem to get this right. They will usually turn it into two columns and have too much white space under the photos. MORE WRAPPING please.

Cons

It's glitchy in Firefox, took me a few days of running into issues to realize it was that. It works better if you use Chrome with it.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The client wanted to use it.

Kate

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Had a website up and running in 1 hour!

When starting my business, I was looking at different website creation tools. On Weebly's first page, I saw a template that I liked and, since I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of choosing from thousands of templates, I went with Weebly. I also liked that you can port your website to another platform if you want to leave Weebly. But after 5 years, I'm still with Weebly. I'm not a tech genius, but I can make changes to the site myself and it doesn't take much time to figure out what I need to do to make the site look the way I want. Seriously, after signing on with Weebly, I had a basic site up and running in one hour!

Pros

I love that Weebly is easy to use and doesn't confuse me with a million different options.

Cons

Mailchimp doesn't integrate well with Weebly, so this can cause some issues. There are limitations with popups and forms, so that can be a bit of an issue, but I've made it work.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Wix seemed overly confusing and had way too many templates.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,593 reviews