Weebly

Weebly Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like how it is super friendly to beginners, easy to navigate, good drag and drop editor, makes a website LOOK pretty."
  • icon"I absolutely love how quickly and easily you can put together a beautifully functioning website with just a few clicks. The options are really endless and can fit your every website need."
  • icon"I really like the fact that this is very easy and free to use. I think its great to blog and share things on."
  • icon"If not then I will have to abandon Weebly and figure something else out. In other words, if I am unable to use my already existing domain then this is a total deal-breaker."
  • icon"I felt the branding color scheme was a little dull. Additionally, Weebly forced all its non-premium users to have a company watermark on every page."
  • icon"Compared to Wix, its design flexibility is poor. Very difficult to create a website in multiple languages for different ciountries."

Have you used Weebly and would like to share your experience with others?

All Weebly Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Simple interface, great for teachers

Amanda Josalene

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

Jimmy

December 2021

It is easy and cheap and you can get a website up quickly

Overall I have been a loyal customer with now 3 websites for probably 10 years. I like them better than Go Daddy, well at least from 10 years ago. I think the Square addition should be a little less imposing, I know it is their company and I use them as my credit card processing and POS and the integration is cool but Weebly I think should be about the website first. It a quick way to get a website with a domain up and minimal knowledge cheap though so overall I do like the product.

Pros

I like how you do not have to know HTML and a whole bunch of other modern languages. It is quick and easy to launch a website and a trusted company that is not a scam which the internet is filled with. I like the shell overall and have 3 different websites with them.

Cons

When Square took over it made it much harder to navigate through the shell to build on the websites and it is not customizable enough for individual companies. Also I don't like how they try and force you into multiple expensive subscriptions such as (custom)@(your name.yourdomain) they want to try and make you think you have to pay google all this money and you do not. There are many things there where I feel like they should be honest and give you choices.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Domain issues, reliability, ease of use, expense.

Rakib Hasan

October 2022

Website building has become so much easy

I've been a Weebly customer for over a year now and I love how robust it is. You can do anything you want and create any type of web presence. I am very satisfied with their customer service, and the prices are affordable.

Pros

Weebly is the best website builder on the market. Weebly is perfect for anyone who wants a professional looking website without any of the headache of coding. The customization options are endless and I love how you can make it look as professional or as quirky as you want it to be. Weebly is so easy to use, affordable, and innovative!

Cons

I have been using Weebly for over 2 years, and I am still amazed at how easy it is to use. If I ever need customer support, they are always there for me!

Rich

Industry: Graphic Design

There are better options out there.

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not. Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us. The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

Pros

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

Cons

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The cost and what seemed to be prompt customer support.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The customization that they did for our site for us would break the site every time they updated their core applications - and wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to fix our site every time they did - even though I had in writing that their updates wouldn't break our site, and if they did they would take care of them at no charge.

Christina

Great Affordable Website Builder

Overall I would highly recommend Weebly to anyone who wants a website for themselves without paying anyone for design and without paying a whole lot in general. Definitely one of the better drag and drop builders and is a personal favorite of mine.

Pros

It is so easy to use. I used weebly before to build websites when I didn't know anything about it. I eventually got better and needed something I could customize a little more without the hassle, but Weeble has always been comparatively cheaper than other drag-n-drop builders, and always made websites that look great and professional.

Cons

It is limited in designs. While it is drag and drop and easy to use I always felt it was hard to make a website that was unique for each client because they always included the same elements. Also used to work okay with SEO needs, but in the last decade or so has not kept up with Google and other Search Engines and no longer competes well when it comes to SEO.

Lawrent

April 2022

A good affordable and quick to set up web-builder

Weebly got us started in no time, and our web presence was almost immediate. Their service was very affordable and, as a small school, it was more than welcome. We received compliments from the community for the quality of our school website.

Pros

Weebly allows you to quickly be present on the web thanks to its -although limited- templates, and ease of use. You can customize your website to your liking and navigate through the SEO quite easily. I liked the fact that you can add contributors with limited control. We had to resort to contacting the support team, and they always answered in a timely and efficient manner.

Cons

There are fewer templates than in WIX, which is essential as I didn't want to spend too much time customizing the website. Starting with something closer to what we wanted was a priority.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly was cheaper. However, I chose WIX for my new business.

Clément

November 2022

Weebly review

Pros

Very good software to start an online store it's super easy to use with beautiful customizable templates

Cons

The customer service is a bit inefficient

Teresa

October 2022

Definitely worth a click into…

Pros

I love that I was able to play around with my softaware with ease without worrying about my loss into software that takes time to develop.

Cons

It’s kind of basic with the free option but it’s worth the wait for a rookie in technology.

Kimberly

October 2022

Weebly overall is easy to use but has its issues

My overall experience with Weebly is that it is pretty simple to use but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out such as making the editing text feature easier to use as well as the drag and drop feature. There are a really impressive amount of premade templates for your website. Customer service is pretty quick to get back with you and help you out.

Pros

I love the fact that overall it is very easy to use and there is a wide variety of pre made templates that you can use to set up your website or blog. The text feature can be tricky but overall it is easy to use but you definitely need to pay attention to the tutorial.

Cons

Editing can be confusing to do and the drag and drop feature is pretty simple overall but you must pay attention to the tutorial or you will be lost.

Sarah-jean

Better than other website builders

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly is much more user friendly and offers more easy to use options, without have to use a bunch of third party widgets.

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

shivam

Industry: Music

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

I choose Weebly because it's not very costly , Trusted Brand

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wix is also a good website but it was very costly which I cant afford it

Alyssa

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site. It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please. I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

Cons

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Overall Weebly just seemed more user friendly at the time. I did a little trial of Squarespace and it was fine, but I preferred the format of Weebly. And Wix I've had so many friends use it but they always seem to have an issue with it one way or another.

Christopher W.

Easy and Powerful

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

Pros

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too. Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

Cons

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it. However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.

Jaden Rose

June 2022

Easy to Use Drag and Drop Website Builder

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

Pros

I love Weebly. I started off using Weebly, and then came back to using Weebly after trying two other website builders. What I like about Weebly is its simple interface. It's very user and beginner friendly. It's drag and drop website builder is intuitive for anyone. Now that Weebly has partnered with Square it has a lot more all-in-one functionally. You can have a blog, email marketing, Facebook posts, point of sale, appointments, eCommerce, and more.

Cons

Orginally the drag and drop editor was a little slow, but since they have partnered with Square it's been fast.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Beautiful interface, with lots of white space.

Danielle