All Weebly Reviews

1-25 of 1,618 Reviews

Education Management, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Simple interface, great for teachers

Amanda Josalene

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

PROS

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

CONS

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

Christopher W.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Easy and Powerful

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

PROS

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too. Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

CONS

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it. However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.

Julie

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2021

"Starter" websites: Easy to DIY, lacking in customization

Weebly makes it unbelievably easy to create simple websites with virtually no technical skill or experience. If you're a solo entrepreneur, on a modest budget, and don't care about ranking well in search results, this is a solid choice. Think of a Weebly website as a "starter" website. If you are part of a bigger company or have more specific needs in a website, skip Weebly and consider hiring an experienced developer. You'll be glad you did.

PROS

Weebly is the easiest website building platform I've ever used. The drag-and-drop style of editing is highly visual, so you can literally see what you are creating in real time. It puts building your own website in reach for many people, saving thousands of dollars in design and development fees. You also don't have to worry about setting up third-party web hosting because Weebly keeps things under one roof.

CONS

All the ease of use comes at a cost, and that is the ability to customize. Compared to other platforms, Weebly is very limited in what it can do. Basic eCommerce is an option, which is a plus. But if you are used to an endless array of plugins, say, then you will be disappointed at the limited features offered in Weebly. If you just need a simple website and don't have your heart set on very unique layouts or effects, this is not a problem. I also have to point out the SEO factor. Weebly offers the ability to optimize some parts of the website - and you should optimize as much as you can. However, coming from a developer who even halfway knows what they're doing, a Weebly site is going to have a hard time competing with a well-optimized website on a certain other very popular web platform. Definitely not the least expensive hosting provider out there, either.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Ease of use - could complete websites faster in a very small, growing company. It was also recommended to us by a third-party online class, for the same reason. Virtually no technical knowledge at all is required.

Resha

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Well known platform

PROS

I like having the ability to integrate other tools that I needed

CONS

Definitely have to take your time with it and understand how to navigate system

Anant

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

PROS

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

CONS

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Bessy

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Weebly Is Too Much for Beginners

As a designer, I spent A LOT of time figuring out the reseller portal. For my client, we were limited as to where we could place images and content. It was very frustrating. We could add HTML, but who wants to do that if the whole purpose of drag and drop is to be able to have a beginner do it quickly and painlessly. Customer service was NOT helpful either.

PROS

Weebly had some nice backgrounds. Some of the templates we good as well. There was really nothing else.

CONS

It's so complicated and so limiting! I did a couple of Websites for a client because it was monthly payment and it was REALLY low cost, but we paid for it in lost time.

Reason for choosing Weebly

It was less expensive, which is what the client wanted, but we ended up going to Wix once my client realized the advantages of Wixc and that the price really was worth the software.

Xavier

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

An almost top dog website builder

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

PROS

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

CONS

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Because my wife already had a website with them.

Jonathan

Photography, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2023

J.L. Weebly Review

Weebly is a website builder that I've used as my first ever website builder when I had little to no knowledge on how to code in order to create a website from scratch. On the good side, the software was very welcoming to me as its user-friendly interface suited me perfectly on how to start my website building process. From customizing templates and text to images and other types of content, it was very efficient financially to name one.

PROS

I can use Weebly's drag-and-drop interface which makes it easy for me to design websites that I want to create without needing any coding knowledge.

CONS

While Weebly is a free and easy-to-use, their design options are limited when compared to to other website builders, like GoDaddy for example.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

GoDaddy simply offered more features and editing capabilities for the same price as Weebly, free.

Shoaib

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Reviewing Weebly, the best Website builder.

The feature of light n dark theme makes it so awesome.It is powerful tool for Building sites because of its simple interface to understand things easily.

PROS

The interface is really so great. I can easily view my stats, also the feature of light n dark theme makes it so awesome. Working with Weebly's has been an absolute pleasure. It only takes little more time first time but it is so powerful website for web building fulfills all your unique needs at one simple and reliable platform.

CONS

Its little difficult to edit or alter the site, for freshers it gets little annoying most of the time as it lags.

Tshepo

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Build a turnkey store within minutes

It makes web development easy since i can drag and drop to design my website, find a domain and even setup a payment gate in one place.

PROS

Its easy for me to build a ready to go online store within minutes thanks to ready made templates.

CONS

I'm sometimes forced to include other payments gates since the native one is not supported worldwide.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly's pricing plan is better than the rest

Reviewed September 2022

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

PROS

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

CONS

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

Reason for choosing Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

Katie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

PROS

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

CONS

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reason for choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Jaden Rose

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Easy to Use Drag and Drop Website Builder

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

PROS

I love Weebly. I started off using Weebly, and then came back to using Weebly after trying two other website builders. What I like about Weebly is its simple interface. It's very user and beginner friendly. It's drag and drop website builder is intuitive for anyone. Now that Weebly has partnered with Square it has a lot more all-in-one functionally. You can have a blog, email marketing, Facebook posts, point of sale, appointments, eCommerce, and more.

CONS

Orginally the drag and drop editor was a little slow, but since they have partnered with Square it's been fast.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Beautiful interface, with lots of white space.

Jason

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great alternative for Homeowner Associations

My homeowner association was in desperate need to get with the times! Trying to snail mail and go door to door is simply not practical in this modern age. Professional web development services were too costly. In looking at the numerous website builders, I decided to try Weebly since it offers a completely free option. All of our community documents, meeting information, etc. are now online. We've also been able to integrate an online process for residents to pay assessments online as well as direct realtors and title companies to an estoppel form. Our neighborhood website has now become the gold standard that other neighborhoods within my community are trying to duplicate. Overall Weebly has been a godsend!

PROS

Weebly is a very compelling service to publish professional looking content in an easy to use interface. I have found that the free option provides more than enough flexibility to meet my needs.

CONS

I would like to see some of the additional features be available as an a la carte offering rather than flat subscription fees.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Other postive product reviews and no cost or risk.

Susanne

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

PROS

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else. The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

CONS

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Who knew WEEBLY would keep us in business?

Overall, WEEBLY has been a lifesaver for us. The customer support has been really helpful, and usually solved our issues immediately. Our business will probably include online ordering through WEEBLY even after things settle down. It has helped streamline a lot of larger orders and helped create a more sustainable version of what we do.

PROS

We have grown VERY familiar with WEEBLY since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We use Square POS for our coffee shop, and WEEBLY is directly integrated with the online side of Square. We were very early adopters of WEEBLY, and initially had to sort of hack many of the features to make it do what we wanted to. WEEBLY has made accepting online orders - which was previously a very daunting idea - very easy. WEEBLY integrated perfectly with our Square system, and allowed us to use our current item library from Square for an easy online ordering system. It prints to paper printers our iPad digital printers, and helped streamline online orders at a crucial time in our business, where most of our sales were going through WEEBLY.

CONS

Sometimes WEEBLY will freeze up and create a spinning circle during checkout. This has created some issues for customers trying to order from us but end up giving up after waiting 15 minutes for it to load. It has gotten better as more people have adopted it during the COVID-19 pandemic. One more problem! If you decide to add items INSIDE Weebly instead of Square, it won't add any of the default taxes. We've sold items for weeks without charging tax and didn't notice until later. Just keep an eye out for that when creating items inside the Weebly back end.

Reason for choosing Weebly

WEEBLY was already connected to our item library and we were able to launch it LITERALLY overnight. I'm glad we worked through the difficult phase of figuring out how it works to get to where it is now! Keeping bringing updates and perfecting the user experience!

Reviewed November 2019

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

PROS

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.  The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

CONS

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Danielle