• Pros

• "The product is easy to use and modify as needed. There are always new updates to the features which makes it even easier to use for my users. "

• "I love that this is essentially a massive file sharing program for our entire company. Searching and loading files is super easy and organizing things by different categories is also really helpful."

• "Easy to use. Intuitive layout. Sorting functions. Search is very useful."

• Cons

• "There are occasional bugs with Workflow, however the support team is responsive."

• "The upload process used to be one step. Now it is a five step process that is time consuming and inefficient."

• "There really isn't a single thing that I truly dislike about the site, but it would be ideal to be able to view brochures and catalogs as e-catalogs on Widen. "

Browse Widen Collective Reviews

Alain from WSP in Canada

Industry: Civil Engineering

A great asset manager for a large corporation

We use Widen as a digital asset manager that houses our corporate photography, videos, branding materials, and other documentation. Everyone in the company can log in through Single Sign-On and begin using the tool to find and access the content they need to get their jobs done quickly and independently.

Pros

The search functionality is powerful. Metadata parameters are as broad or as narrow as I'd like them to be when I'm uploading my content, but I know that I'll always be able to track things down with the search bar. I love that, as an administrator, I can assign different "roles" or "groups" to both users and assets to ensure that the right content can be found by the right people, and restrictions or limitations can be put in place when required. The front page is pretty customizable, though that part isn't as intuitive as it could be. (A free-form HTML editor option would be nice, for the geeks among us who want to really extract the full potential of a customized front page). Fully integrated Single Sign-On makes it easy for anyone in the organization to log in and get going with virtually no effort on my part as an administrator. The analytics reports let me know how much use we're getting out of the tool, what people are searching for, and creates opportunities for optimization. It also gives us a clear indication of what type of content require to get their jobs done, so we can better cater to their needs.

Cons

Again, the lack of a truly free-form HTML editor option for the homepage layout is a bit limiting - We've managed to find clever ways around that to ensure people can still easily navigate around and find what they need, but the ability to customize that homepage would be great. It would be nice as an administrator to be able to quickly and easily change my view mode to be able to see what content is available for different role types. Currently, I find myself having to log into a number of dummy accounts with different access levels to verify what content is/isn't displayed, which can interrupt my workflow.

Levi from New Balance

Widen Media Collective (DAM) Review

Pros

Its searchable content. As long as metadata is used, searching for assets is relatively easy.

Cons

Upload process. The Drag/Drop feature was nice! Now I'm forced to go through a wizard. Too time consuming for my liking.

Jennifer from NVIDIA

Industry: Computer Hardware

Amazing product and customer service

Ease of use is a big factor for us and being able to modify the DAM as needed makes it a program we can use and adapt to the different business units at NVIDIA. The customer service with Widen is a big help whenever I have questions or issues.

Pros

Cons

The AEM Integration does not work as it should. This was a big sell for us since our website is hosted by AEM and now we can't integrate the two without AEM working properly with Widen.

Reasons for Choosing Widen Collective

We started to work in AEM Assets and found it was going to cost 10x (probably more) to just configure the system. The cost to maintain and licensing their "DAM" was way out of our price range. They also did not have good customer service or people who knew the product. We went in circles for months on how to use and implement their tool. Our website is on AEM so it made sense to integrate AEM assets with our website. Until I started to dig deep into the details and it was going to cost so much more than we thought.

November 2010

Kala from Trek Bicycle Corporation

November 2010

Widen Collective

The Digital Asset System was put in place to provide easy access to assets owned by Trek Bicycle Corporation for those internally and externally. These assets can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night. It's an invaluable tool for our dealers, distributors, and international offices. ' The Media Template is an online ad, and media builder. It allows Trek to control brand consistency, while it allows our users to build media in minutes using pre-approved images and text without the need of expensive software programs. We use this portion of the site to provide promotional items and in store signage to our large dealer base. Overall, I think the Widen collective is a great product and I really enjoy working with Widen.

Pros

Good customer support Robust reporting features Assets can be downloaded in a variety of file formats Various types of file formats are supported Permissions can be setup to protect assets Users can access the site through a standard web browser Media can be built in minutes without needing expensive software programs Assets/media can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night Software updates made throughout the year

Cons

Pages can be slow to load at times Reporting tools can be confusing Custom enhancements to the site can be expensive Some education is needed for new users of the site The site is not setup for printing on demand Home page can be confusing if your site includes the DAM and the media builder

Kelly from Weissman Theatrical

Widen Collective Review

From the beginning, I have 100% loved every experience I have encountered with Widen. I absolutely love everything about your company's history and philosophy. Because of such wonderful management, you know how to treat a customer! I always know I can count on your team to help me with my problems and offer solutions in a quick manner. I have attended 2 years of the Widen Summit and get SO much out of the experience. I learn so much and always go home with a notebook full of notes on how to improve my own DAM and my own user's experiences. You all energize me is a way that I never though was possible with image organization and metadata knowledge. LOL! Keep doing what you're doing, this customer is very satisfied.

Pros

Our DAM houses all of the images we use in our catalogs and online. I love it's ability to organize and tag image in order to search for them with ease.

Cons

I think the one thing that I struggle with was the update on how to upload images. My retouch artist and I are usually the main uploads, and we enjoyed the drag and drop feature that used to be on our main page instead of having to click through the Upload Wizard.

Reasons for Choosing Widen Collective

Widen's presentation of how the service worked connected all the dots on what we were looking for. It seemed so much more user friendly than the other presentations we sampled. The search feature blew us away and we knew because of that - that we needed to go with Widen.

Tanesha from Ecolab

Industry: Restaurants

Great hub for storing and sharing content

We are using it as a one stop shop for our field team to have access to training, resources, selling collateral, company news and other helpful things. We also love that we can quickly update the versions when needed. The team has been less frustrated now that they have 1 place to go.

Pros

I love that I can easily store all of my content in the system, then make a website like portal to share and organize my content in a neat way.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add hyperlinks to Asset Collections so that I can link out to other internal websites within my company or to an eCourse within Workday.

Shelby from Autodesk

Widen is a responsive and powerful DAM with bonus features and very attentive customer service

We are able to archive and distribute thousands of marketing assets to a global audience very efficiently and with a sufficient amount of protection and guidance about proper usage. Portals have allowed teams to communicate out about curated groups of assets and instructions with a single url which has helped their ability to promote the most valuable and up to date marketing assets.

Pros

Assets are served up quickly around the world and it is a very stable platform. When technical issues do arise, they are very communicative about their progress of solving the issue. I like the dedicated customer rep as well as access to new features and feedback through their Trello boards. I also like the ability to extract metadata from image IPTC metadata and map it to our custom fields.

Cons

I like the ability to create portals in order to highlight and add info to curated groups of assets, but there are some weaknesses in portal functionality and portal creation capabilities. It would be ideal to be able to create custom dashboards/homepage without extensive use of html. The current wysiwyg is extremely limited in design/layout capability. We'd like a better way for our users to be able to search for portals.

Jeanelle from Schlumberger

Widen Collective Support & Features

The storage capability that Widen offers has really benefitted our team since we heavily use the archiving feature. We are able to organize our multimedia files when obsolete, expired or updates have been made.

Pros

The storage capability that Widen offers is awesome. Using this platform has helped our team manage our multimedia content in one single place and make it available for others when needed. Uploading assets and tagging the metadata is easy and can be done in batches for efficiency, which saves us a lot of time.

Cons

If portals can be searched for on the collective site, it will really help our team communicate our newest products. Currently, portals are not able to be searched for and sharing individual portal links can be time consuming.

Marisa from Crayola

Great platform

Great company. The implementation team was exceptional and really helped our organization navigate this large, cross-functional undertaking.

Pros

Widen's DAM tool is intuitive to use and easy to manage.

Molly from OBM

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great customer service

Great customer service and good product that makes it easy.

Pros

The customer service is the best in the business. Highly recommend for their attention to detail and ability to figure out problems.

Cons

I like everything about the software and I do not think they need to change or update anything in their portfolio.

Tommy from VF Workwear

Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with.

Pros

I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves. On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool. The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running. My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need. In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Cons

The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

Barbara from ASQ

Widen Collective - a True Leader in the Field!

Our challenge was that duplicate files were everywhere. Our employees had no idea what assets were current or expired - so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing. By purchasing a DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity and efficiencies. In addition – our global offices are now connected with the most up-to-date materials they need, in any time zone, which has improved the current process. You will find that the customer service is amazing. Widen's team will help guide you through all of your challenges to ensure you build a successful DAM. In addition, once your system is built – Widen continues to build a relationship with you - providing full support even after the on-boarding process is complete. They are dependable, accountable and extremely customer focused.

Pros

The DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility. In addition - we love the Portals - which allows us to provide assets to our non users.

Cons

Knowing that a DAM is customized to your company’s needs, I'm not going to lie – implementing a DAM system can be grueling and a lot of work. But that’s the beauty of a DAM – as your company grows, your DAM can also grow and be customized to reflect changes and future needs.

Nick from Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure

We love WIDEN

We've been using WIDEN's DAM for about three years now to organize and distribute marketing deliverables to other internal departments like sales, development, etc. It makes it so easy to have a single, definitive location to find marketing-related assets. People don't have to wonder where to look to see if they have the latest version of an asset. And we don't have to worry about people accessing things they shouldn't. It also cuts down a lot on the requests we get day to day, because folks know where to go to find things themselves. And the support team at WIDEN is awesome and super friendly and helpful whenever we do have to reach out to them (which isn't that often because their product is great!).

Pros

It makes keeping things organized (which is a complicated job) super easy.

Cons

It works really, really well, but as with any asset management tool, there is ongoing maintenance and auditing that has to take place. That can get tedious at times, but we realize that it has to be done to keep things current, delete outdated/redundant assets, or just to check things that might have been uploaded with incorrect metadata, for instance.

Lauren from CRS

Great DAM solution!

One of the best things about Widen is their customer support. Every team member I've interacted with has been incredibly knowledgable and genuinely wants to help me. For example, I had a vision for our Dashboard page, and I wasn't sure how to achieve it myself because it involved a fair amount of coding. One of the customer support staff worked (very patiently) with me to literally build my vision. I even hand drew a picture and emailed it to him so he could see what I wanted. Thank you Tyson Purcell! So whether it's through the vast information on the Support Page, the direct chat, or emailing or talking with very responsive Widen staff, I have found a solution to just about all of the problems I have encountered. It's not just admin who love Widen, our users have told us how easy it is to use to search and share assets.

Pros

I love that it is cloud-based and you can access it from any computer, phone or tablet. It's super easy to create collections and share media with internal and external clients.

Cons

Some of the features need updating in my opinion. I have asked several times for certain changes that I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter.

Hannah from CENTRIA

Widen is an advanced, user friendly media asset

What I like best about Widen is that it is multifunctional. Not only is it a secure way to archive images, documents and videos, but it also allows you to share these files amoungst coworkers and clients with ease. Multiple people can be uploading, sharing and viewing files with no problem. It takes the weight off of one person having to manage the content and allows anyone to distribute items without a hassle.

Pros

The biggest business problem that it has solved for my company is it allows multiple people to do what once was a one person task. It saves time when being able to have multiple people have access to the same files and being able to send, upload and manage it all. Being able to easily send outside organizations images and documents has saved us so much time and has left very little room for error when sending. With Widen's recent website advancement's, it's given me an opportunity to create a creative brief for projects I'm working on. All within 1 website. It's great.

Cons

This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I will be uploading files and Widen will time out or freeze during my upload and I'll have to start the process all over. This could be a problem with my internet connection as well.

June 2010

Amanda from Grand Valley State University

June 2010

Widen has changed the way I work

Overall I would definitely recommend Widen to any company that has a large amount of photo files that they need to store and easily be able to send to others, either internally or externally.

Pros

Widen is a fairly easy and efficient way to store, archive, and distribute photographic files. In the year that I have been using Widen, it has changed the way I work. Now when I receive a request for a specific photo, I don't have to resize it and make sure it is the appropriate size to fit into an email. I just choose the file I want, send it to the recipient and they download it directly from the site instead of through e-mail. This is especially helpful to those who are always battling an in-box size limit! It has also made it easier to work off-site. Say I am out of the office on assignment or home sick. If I see a request come in, I can log onto Widen from anywhere and send the requests files out at any time! The search features also work great for us. Users throughout the university can now directly search for whatever type of photo they are looking for instead of requesting it through our department by phone or email.

Cons

Though I love Widen there have been a few minor issues we have encountered. The first is that it is a little hard to understand at the beginning. The back end of the program seems complicated to a new user. However, we have now figured everything out and so this really is no longer an issue for us. The other issue I sometimes run into is that the processing can be a bit slow. There are times when I upload my files and then cannot see the previews of my files for quite some time. This can be a problem when I am trying to identify people in the photograph to add their names to the keywords. The only way around this currently is to be patient and go work on something else for a while.

Scott from KI

Industry: Furniture

September 2016

Great DAM solution with plenty of features

Our company uses Widen as our Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution. Our employees and reps can easily find the media content they want using a very nice search feature and it allows them to download the content in various formats and sizes. The application is very intuitive, fast, and easy to use. Widen offers flexible integration which easily allows our applications and websites to pull media from the Widen DAM so all our companies digital media needs can come from a single repository which makes maintaining data an easy process. I've used Widen's technical support in the past for questions with integration and learning more about what their solution offers and the support team has always very helpful, knowledgeable, and quick to respond.

Pros

I like the ability and flexibility Widen offers to integrate the digital media content with our applications and websites. It also offers nice tools and functionality to add, maintain, organize, and secure content.

Richard from Behr Process Corp

Industry: Chemicals

Widen is a company that delivers a great product with great customer service

We store digital assets on the system for company wide collaboration, we also started using the Media Collective as a web host for external forward facing websites. Widen makes it easy for us to accomplish these tasks as painlessly as possible.

Pros

The Media Collective software is easy to use and is easy to configure. If you need some help there is an extensive online help library full of things which can help you, but if you need to talk to someone directly you can web chat, email or call. The help associates are always very friendly and will work with you to understand and fix the issues that you're having.

Cons

I guess I don't like the fact that it's not free? I had to put something in this space. If it was free it would definitely be better however that's probably not a sustainable scenario for Widen.

Rob from VitalSmarts

November 2015

Finally! A system that is low-maintenance and works.

We've been on Widen for about two years so far and it has been great! Back before we were with Widen, we could make due with what we had...barely. Our team sat down with all the stake holders who would be using it on a regular basis and mapped out our needs, wants, etc., and then started doing some research. We went through three or four DAM system and had representatives from these companies explain what their systems could do, but they always seemed lacking, especially with the price tag they were quoting. Some of them we did like, but there would have to be equipment that was brought in to hold the assets and such, which would be ok, but then we would have to maintain the equipment. And then if there is an equipment issue we would likely have to wait for a representative to come fix it and hope it works. Just too much hassle for something we basically wanted to put assets on and keep them there for distribution. Then enter Widen. From the first demonstration of what their system can do, and the abilities we would have with setting permissions and distributing all the image, audio, and video assets, we were giving each other high-fives. Literally, we had the phone on mute and were high-fiving each other over and over again! The on-phone rep from Widen had no idea. We LOVED that we could upload assets onto Widen's cloud and our trainers all over the world could easily search, preview, and download any files we allowed them to. And there is zero maintenance on our end, other than uploading the assets, setting permissions, and making sure the proper metadata is typed in. And any time we have had an issue, Widen has been great about making sure a representative is there to help walk us through it. So, now we're into Widen about two years and I almost forget it's there sometimes. Whenever there was a video request, we had to manually get a video out to a trainer or someone, which takes time that we don't seem to have. Now, they can just log onto Widen, search for an asset, and download it. Seriously, get a Widen representative on the phone see what they can do for you.

Jen from Bank of the West

Widen is intuitive, easy-to-use and makes organizing digital assets a breeze!

Pros

Beauty and brains - the dashboard is legit! You can personalize it to your needs, it's visually appealing without the clutter. The activity feed and the spotlight collection is useful for me and the other admins. Love the idea of the brand portals and can't wait until we can implement and launch it.

Cons

As an admin, I'd like to see asset thumbnails in the uploads and downloads tab instead of filenames. Also, the asset versions isn't as easy to use. If we have 3 versions of an asset, I'd love it if when you click on the asset, you can tile the assets to determine which one to download. Currently, you have a "switch version" button that gets lost in the details. Lastly, the batch edit tool sometimes doesn't apply to all assets in the batch.

Gus from Princess Cruises

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Widen is fast and efficient. It's responsive with search and downloading assets.

Pros

Speed. Since the beginning we've upload thousands of images and added hundreds of users across our company and partners. It has not slowed down with all of the added weight and burden. It's still as snappy and responsive searching for assets in the beginning. Narrowing the search results and downloading images is very quick.

Cons

Support. The support could be better. There has been times, not in a while, when it goes down, just like any cloud service. But it seems the first line of support are the on-site admins. It's a problem when they are not in the office. There's not an easy way to contact support when needed. There should be a chat feature to let them know when we are experiencing outages and get the issues solved.

Valerie from Brady Corporation

Widen Collective Review

I would definitely recommend Widen to those familiar with DAM as well as those who are just starting out. The Widen team is also a great group to work with from start to finish and are there for you every step of the way, even for a company like ours that have been using Widen's services for over 7 years now.

Pros

I have been very pleased with using Widen for our DAM tool. Their support team is phenomenal! Anytime I have a question or issue, they respond immediately and are very helpful to get to the bottom of any issue I might be having, or explain a feature I may not be knowledgeable in. Their entire team is always looking for ways to improve the tool based on user feedback and suggestions. It's great to have a company so open to what the users are saying. I have also found that the tool itself has been great in meeting our DAM needs. By building out a thorough and intuitive organization structure through categories, asset groups and metadata, we have been able to greatly increase the use of our tool and have received numerous compliments on the improvements. That along with Widen's new interface launched in 2012, the collective is now a much more user friendly and intuitive tool for both users and administrators alike.

Cons

My only complaint at this time is that the "Send File" feature has been discontinued with the launch of the new interface. I believe our company may have been one of the few groups that used the tool fairly often, and were sad to see the feature go. We hope to be able to find a solution either with Widen or with an outside service in order to send large files directly to another user without having to have the asset 'live' in the DAM tool.

Latrisha from SPB

This program truly has made getting work done easier for all of our users.

Pros

Using Widen software has allowed our creative teams to manage content more effectively. With it, we are able to track asset revisions and popularity. This has made it easier for us to be more strategic in the creation and placement of our content. Additionally, with the Workflow management tool, digital proofing interface and Digital Asset Management library, our users only have to visit one site to enter jobs, proof and collaborate on new content, and access current assets and media.

Cons

Sometimes we experience "glitches" or "bugs" within the software after a major update is rolled out, but that's to be expected and they are always quick to respond when this happens.

Samantha from Woolrich, Inc.

Overall, Widen has been a huge benefit and time saver not only for the company, but for my position.

Pros

The convenience and logical layout of the site as a whole. Our sales reps, the Woolrich team, and our buyers all are able to use the site without any hiccups. I really like that I am able to control who can see and download what. Because of Widen I don't have to download every asset and take up space on my computer, I can send links to anyone and everyone that needs them, but also it makes it so our reps can take care of their accounts directly and aren't coming to me for everything. It reallly makes my job so much easier!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints except I wish I didn't have to change my password so much. I'm running out of ideas! :)

Deana from Zimmerman Advertising

Excellent software

Our agency works with many clients, but only my client uses Widen Collective. I am the envy of the creative team since I can easily find any image I need.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I can easily see the newest items that have been added to the collective. The search tool also works really well for finding specific items.

Cons

The most challenging part of using this software is that apparently the administrator that adds items to the collective is not required to add all the meta tags that would help users find what they need easily. I don't think it's a fail on the part of the software but maybe if adding all meta tags were required it would make searching easier.

Jennifer from CNH Industrial

Industry: Machinery

Widen Collective Digital Asset Management Platform for Large Corporations

Our company has used this platform for several years now and it's been increasingly important in our marketing communications strategy as we move from print to digital. The more I learn about the tool the most impressed I am, and there is always something new to learn because they not only keep pace with the latest technology -- they actually stay ahead. There is no need to build costly new platforms from scratch, we just need to rely on the experts at Widen, learn from them and deploy. Great value for anyone who is serious about digital marketing.

Pros

Easy to use and getting easier every day..

Cons

So much to learn and so little time!

Jason from Daktronics

I am a digital asset manager for my company, which uses Widen.

Many time-saving features in asset searching and sharing both within my organization and externally with customers.

Pros

What I like most about Widen is that they are very open to receiving feedback and improving the software based off of user comments. They host annual events to bring other clients together to share ideas and knowledge of how their users work in the software. All of the Widen staff is available for comments.

Cons

What I like least about Widen is that all of the connectors and API's that help integrate our DAM into other business platforms, such as Salesforce, Sharepoint, CreativeCloud come with an additional annual fee.

Stewart from Sheridan College

I don't know how we lived without Widen's DAM solution before!

This software completely changed our office workflow. Finding assets used to be very painful, but with all of our assets in one location and users connected to the DAM it makes finding things easy for our office, as well as external clients. By empowering our users to find their own assets it frees up our designer time, for things like DESIGN!

Pros

Ease of use, ease of empowerment for the user. I LOVE being able to share collections with clients. And I LOVE when someone asks for an asset, I just add them as a user on Widen, and tell them to find it themselves!

Cons

I'm still waiting for drag and drop functionality with Indesign. A small workflow addition that would make things easier!

Kelsey from Acushnet Company

Industry: Sporting Goods

The experience has been outstanding! Great customer service and an easy platform to use!

We find the largest benefit for us is elevating our brand presence to our accounts. It really has enhanced how we deliver digital assets around key product launches and other crucial moments for our brand.

Pros

The aspect I like the most about the Widen platform is the portals feature. The ability to customize content around branding just elevates our brand presence and provides us with exactly what we need to best serve our accounts. An easy to navigate and integrated feature such as portals has served us very well.

Cons

The difficulty we have faced most is the metadata issue. Because we offer so many products and styles when uploading it can make the process cumbersome and ultimately we don't utilize the metadata as best we should because we simply don't have the time or manpower to manage it efficiently.

Stacy from Renaissance

Great Media Management

We now have ONE place everyone in the company can go to for assets to add to presentations, advertisements, blogs, websites, collateral and more. The Marketing team can work more efficiently and employees within the company are embracing the brand more consistently.

Pros

Customer and technical support are world-class. Widen is always looking to its customers for roadmap enhancements and give honest, helpful feedback to all inquiries.

Cons

The Adobe CC Connector is still a little buggy and looses connection links to the DAM during updates or if shared with someone without a CC Connector license. I would like enhancements to make it more user friendly.

Michaela from Boston Ballet

Helping us push forward as the dance company of the future

Prior to implementing the Widen DAM my colleagues and I lacked a truly organized storage system to access to our digital assets. As digital formats and social media continue to grow and become a real focus of our marketing efforts, not having a centralized, searchable system with metadata and versioning was becoming a real problem. As part of a larger institutional initiative the ballet reviewed several DAM solutions. In the end Widen was the best solution for us, because it provided the basic features we needed in the everyday, with a road-map of exciting updates and enhancements coming at a pace we can keep up with. The Widen DAM touches all aspects of our organization and will continue to grow with us. It is already helping us work in a more streamlined manner and more efficiently. In the long run it will help preserve the legacy of the ballet.

Pros

Intuitive, strong on basics, interesting road map for upcoming releases.

Cons

It would be nice for non-users to be able to approve digital assets for use when they are sent a collection. However, the road map for Widen Workflow shows promise as a solution for this.

Rachael from Peerless-AV

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Must Have Marketing Tool

We are able to quickly and easily share digital assets with customers, coworkers, etc. all in one spot. We no longer have to search through a messy drive to find product images, marketing materials and more.

Pros

Widen staff was there to help us every step of the way and the overall functionality of our site is top notch because of it. My team is able to quickly find marketing materials with just a few clicks, saving us time and money.

Jenna from Brighton Collectibles

Accessible and Organized

I design marketing emails primarily. I work with a merchandiser who sends me products and she often times sends links to widen photo downloads that I can use in my emails. It is a super easy way to complete design projects.

Pros

I like that Widen is an easy way to find assets. It is helpful for a large company--because everyone knows where to find the assets that they need. It is easy for all employees to get to--IT does not have to come and install it--it is just an internet login.

Cons

I do not like how sometimes it is hard to find things with searches. I know that this has to do with the upload metadata and probably is related to user error. Perhaps if there was a more automated way to add search criteria when uploading, this wouldn't be an issue.

Before, I was lost. Now I have found...my assets. Great tool/ great people

Gee, it makes work easier. We have dealers and marketing teams around the world. This makes distributing those assets not a pain in the ass. Also, WAY less questions than before we implemented about 'where is is this asset?' It rules.

Pros

The customer experience team and help desk teams are great and make you feel like a real person instead of a cog in the giant machine of software life. The portals. The PORTALS! Portals rule. They really do. Best way to organize brand stuff.

Cons

I'm waiting for workflow to become even more robust for it to become a Workfront killer. Which I hope that it does.

Rob from VitalSmarts

November 2015

Widen is what our department needed

I'm part of a small, internal corporate video team. We have presenters around the world who often need access to some of our video assets on short notice. They used to have to contact us, and we would have to drop what we were doing to send a file to them. Now they can just log on to Widen and easily find what they need. Quick note about what kind of company this is: A few weeks after we first joined Widen, we asked our representative if a certain feature existed (sorry, I don't remember exactly what it was'it was something that would make things easier for some of our users). He said no, it doesn't, but he would suggest it to the development team. Just a few days later he called us back to let us know that he had talked to the development team and they were going to incorporate that feature into the next release, which was just a few weeks away from launching. Great news! So here is a company of people who listen to their customers and genuinely want us to have a good experience. The interface is easy to use, I like the upload wizard, I like uploading new versions of items--the asset's url stays the same. The only 'con' I can think of is that there was a bit of a learning curve at first to figure out how to, for example, send one or more assets to someone to download (not just view). For the most part, it's intuitive to use but plan to spend at least a few minutes familiarizing yourself with it when you first use it. We looked at other DAM products out there as well (don't remember their names). If anyone else out there is looking for a good DAM system, this is what worked for us. I could see it working for a large corporation or even a business like ours of ~130 people (plus over 100 presenters and international associates). The best value, best features, best customer service, a perfect fit. Thanks.

Robert from KEEN Footwear

Currently finishing my 3rd consecutive Widen DAM Implementation, with NO large issues encountered.

Incredibly intuitive front and back ends, with strong client support. Moving forward, we're planning on eliminating multiple, redundant digital distro solutions with a single Widen DAM workflow.

Pros

The Admin GUI is an intuitive mix of front-end and back-end Admin Tools, with STRONG client support accessible via Chat, email, demos and structured training sessions.

Cons

Lack of an XML generator (so, no ability to create an MRSS feed for distro to 'New Media' platforms such as STB's and smartphones), and lack of a .csv ingest manager for direct 'Custom Metadata Import.'

Tracey from Rochester Electronics

Excellent! The application is SO easy to use :)

Pros

Everything about this product is easy! We initially chose the software after closely reviewing more than 7 different solutions. Widen accommodates all of our needs where others came up short. Ultimately the deciding point came down to the out-of-the-box video streaming feature, this is what makes Widen different. The Widen team has the roll-out process down to a science. They worked with us to define a solid taxonomy which paved the way for an easy initial asset upload. Training and the on-boarding process was seamless. The application is easy to use but, when in doubt, they have a fully loaded training library (Widen University) which has video tutorials and easy to find articles. We are very pleased with Widen and would definitely choose it again!

Trevor from Davis Elen Advertising

Made Our Commercial Archive Pretty and User Friendly

Widen has allowed our agency to maintain our commercial assets easily and has streamlined my job allowing me to take on different responsibilities elsewhere at work.

Pros

This software is incredibly helpful for storing our vast collection of assets. It allows for easy organization and I'm able to find anything I need easily through name or metadata searches. It also has a relatively quick download speed for when you need something off the cloud in a hurry. Their Portals have simplified the way that we can show clients current campaigns and it's given us the ability to send individual commercials to clients with ease, and as a bonus, it's all available on mobile.

Cons

Widen just updated with a new upload mode, which would be fine, however, they completely removed the drag and drop option on the Widen homepage.

My Widen DAM Review

Using Widen’s DAM to organize our assets has greatly reduced our marketing teams time spent hunting for images.

Pros

My favorite things about Widen’s DAM software include an easy to navigate interface, very intuitive searching capabilities, customizable metadata fields for great detail to be attributed to assets, the ability to download files in multiple files types (fairly quick conversion depending on size of original file), the ability to customize your login screen and home screen (keeping everything on-brand is important!), and their customer support team is amazing.

Cons

I feel that the asset sharing options could be expanded upon. Currently, you can type an email in and send a set of assets. I would like to see additional options implemented because it feels fairly limited currently.

Corey from Cornell University Marketing Group

Widen sits at the pinnacle of the DAM world

I have been a constant user of the Widen Media Collective for almost 5 years and have no problem saying that it is the best digital asset management system that I have used in almost 20 years of DAM experience. Not only is their product superb, but what really sets them apart from other vendors is the quality of their customer service. When you become a Widen customer, you become part of the Widen family, and they take care of you. I honestly can't say enough about them.

Pros

Very user-friendly UI, free functionality upgrades, wider range of customizability than other DAM systems.

Cons

Minor cosmetic issues.

Jessica from Avery Dennison

The best product and service on the market

Pros

The ability to organize and share digital assets from all across our global company into one central location has been incredible. It empowers our employees to quickly find the approved assets that they need.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to come up with something. Everything about Widen from the software to the people is fantastic. If I were to pick something...it might be that there are so many options for customization, that I wish I had 2 days to just sit and go through each one. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to do this, so I just ask my CXM how to do something and he quickly responds to an email, same day.

Lara from Deer Valley Resorts

Widen's DAM system is intuitive for our users and has made sharing assets effortless

Pros

It is very easy for me to onboard people, I don't really have to do much training since the program is so intuitive. I am able to permission out who sees what. Widen's customer service is also second to none with any software company I've ever worked with.

Cons

There are a few minor things, but nothing major that would make me start looking into other solutions. One example being that I wish we could organize global collections better

Jessica from Messer Construction Co.

Widen Makes My Job Easier

Pros

In a business where we are writing proposals for nine regions across the midwest and southeast, it's so nice to have all of our assets- photos, logos, project information- all in one place. The DAM makes it easy to find our assets and share the content with our teams across the country. Winning work is much easier thanks to the Widen DAM!

Cons

The only downside to this software comes from me not being here upon it's inception. Therefore, some of the conventions are not as intuitive as they could be. Also, many outdated files clog up our DAM...we are in major need of an overhaul.

Jon from Door County Visitor Bureau

Efficient and convenient way to maximize the use of our digital assets.

Pros

The cloud-based system is very convenient, as is the level of customization for our specific needs. Very easy to upload, access and share photos and video clips with anyone we want, all in a secure environment.

Cons

Properly tagging uploaded assets can take some time, and while it's not the software's fault, the time commitment to maximize our use of the DAM system is the biggest issue we have to manage on an ongoing basis.

David from Messer Construction Co.

Great customer service, early communication around big and small changes, the best DAM tool we use!

Reliability of asset storage, access anywhere, share multiple assets in many different outputs with ease.

Pros

It's the one place for all content to live and get shared out across multiple platforms. Support for project management (through Workflow) and creative implementation (through Adobe CC Connector) enhances our productivity and helps us get our jobs done faster.

Cons

The software seems sluggish and lags when you want it to go fast. File processing and scrolling through assets is where I've noticed this the most. The uploading process also needs to be cleaned up and more inviting to users.

November 2012

Sean from Messer Construction Co.

A Valuable Product

Overall, Widen's digital asset management system is great! It is the perfect combination of OOTB design and customization opportunity such that any company can implement this product to fit their needs while not feeling overwhelmed. In general the product is really easy to use. My interns pick this product up with about 15 minutes of training. Now much of the usability of the system depends upon each company's ability to implement effective taxonomy on their site. In addition, Widen is a great company to work with. They are always looking for the next best feature to implement. And their support is immediate and effective. I love working with Widen as much as I love working with Widen's product. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. A great combination of OOTB design and customization that it can meet many companies' needs without being overwhelming OOTB. The new UI upgrade also came with a boost in performance that is felt in every step of using this product. The analytics tool is also much improved and now offers greater insight into my users' activity within the system.

Cons

There are certainly a limited number of cons with the system. Perhaps the largest is really rather minor, and that is some of the taxonomy can be confusing. For example, deleting an asset from your cart is actually deleting the asset, not just removing it from the cart. While their taxonomy makes more sense, it conflicts with major sites like amazon.com and therefore offers some confusion.

Hundreds of very helpful features; enhanced well over the years with great advancement in marketing

Pros

Widen Collective is being used greatly by many individuals in similar roles in our company due to its many features that allow each of us to achieve our tasks with ease. I use this product for the sake of its archiving purposes, project and workflow management accessibility. The possibility to manage minor tasks, access controls and track employee milestones are important jobs I have to do which is made easy by Widen Collective.

Cons

Widen Collective is a broad software with multiple available features, with this is the difficulty to maneuver around this program at a first glance. It may take a few tutoring sessions and practice to be able to perform tasks with this software, especially if you are not that inclined with technology.

Jen from DCVB

Widen has been great software to catalog our images and b-roll.

Pros

Sending and finding images has never been easier. Customer service is amazing and helped me tremendously when setting up my companies DAM.

Cons

We have a different use case than most because most of the time we are sending media outside of our organization. Widen collects emails when items are downloaded, but we are not able to get the data. I know they are working on this and we look forward to this update.

Andrea from The Rock Agency

Widen Collective always reliable

I have been using Widen collective since 2008 and I have always been happy with the software. It's an easy way to send high-resolution photos and videos to our clients and talent.

Pros

It's an easy way to send high-resolution photos and video to our clients.

Cons

It's hard to find the 'order's I have previously done. Sometimes I like to put the orders back in my cart to re-send but I can't seem to find how to do that anymore.

Tegan from Crayola

Best in Class

Pros

Our organization has been using Widen for a year and it has transformed the way we share information both internally and with our external business partners. The system makes it easy to load and maintain content. Unlike our former proprietary system which was prone to system errors, Widen makes uploading, sharing, and downloading content easy. Widen has truly been one of the most impactful changes to our internal communication over the past year and I am looking forward to continue increasing our use as a company. Thanks for everything Widen!

Cons

One area for improvement would be increasing the variety of image types that can be downloaded from our image collection.