All Wix Reviews

June 2022

Wix is trix!

Sandesh

Website in minutes

I had the best experience with Wix. I am building an e-commerce store for document preparation and will launch soon. But till now I have seen Wix being so friendly and easy to use. I had an awesome experience in building my portfolio and website with Wix. I would highly recommend this website builder to a beginner friend of mine!! Without a miss!!

Pros

I love the build of this platform. First of all, they offer built-in hosting services which reduces the hiccups of external domination of other hosting services. Second, they provide custom email ID which boosts our business and portfolio. They have an amazing workflow for creating portfolio, blog, e-commerce website and much more. The e-commerce platform they have is so secured and the payment gateways are so much optimised to be mobile-friendly and user friendly. So there will be no fear of getting hacked or bankrupt (of online stores). Their portfolio options are so good. Above all, after the creation of any form of website, they provide a strong hosting service [third parties are not allowed - which is more trustworthy about Wix]. They provide a mail base to keep up with our business or manage website. Wix can be upgraded at a much affordable cost compared to other websites. It requires no coding experience, which I love the most! All these are the facts which I love about Wix.

Cons

There are not much points which I like the least about Wix but I do have one issue about their domain subscriptions. It is always good to buy domains from other domain registries but not preferably from Wix. Because wix may give customized web domains but the pricing may increase at any point of time and inevitably we have to pay that. No fixed price for purchased domains.

Reasons for switching to Wix

The coding experience which WordPress requires made me little unambiguous about the interface my website should have, though there are customizable themes to use. Unlike wix, this has a ton of plug-in for each step - for example - chatbot, hosting service, login credential maintaining platform, analytics and others which should be added manually. These made me switch to Wix

Matt

November 2022

From absolute Beginner to Expert, Wix is the way to go.

Both me and my team members use Wix for their busiess and well as personal websites. So, I think people who wants to have a very good Wordpress alternative, Wix is the way to go.

Pros

Website Design and Building are easy. More than enough templates to choose from. Templates are extremely high quality. Website management is quite easy as long as you have some very basic concept of how it works.

Cons

Would be great to have the ability to show/hide several advanced functions. Don't get me wrong, those functions are very good and useful. It just that sometimes it can be a little confusing to novice user.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Beautiful design and over competitors.

Alita

Perfect for novices and template users

For a fast simple easy website Wix is a great option. If you are looking to customize, create your own theme or move your website to another host then Wix is not for you.

Pros

Wix is very simple to set up and implement. You don't need to have any special training or skills to set up a website using Wix.

Cons

Customization is nearly impossible as is transferring your website to another host. With Wix, you are locked into themes and to their hosting packages. If you build your website with Wix it is staying with Wix.

Reasons for choosing Wix

The person setting up the website was familar with Wix.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Cost and ablility to set up website very quicking by a novice.

Katya

Highly customizable and intuitive UI

Wix was quick and easy to learn and I would recommend it for small to medium sized companies that want to have an online presence but don't want to spend time on the developer side of making a complex website.

Pros

Wix has the customization options that many website builders do not have. Learning curve was pretty low and we were able to create a fully functioning basic website in under a day. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I would have preferred to have more control over the aesthetic of the website, and a downside is that if you are switching to a new template, you have to redesign your entire site.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wordpress is more customizable, but has a much larger learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix has many more customization options and allowed us to make a more unique looking website with more functionalities.

Mahmoud

Wix review

Pros

Wix is a very easy to use software for the creation of professional website even when you are a beginner with.

Cons

the problem with this software is that to have a personalized url without it being marked wix is paying

Anny

Industry: Translation and Localization

July 2022

A useful tool for non-specialist users to build websites

I've had a long-running website promoting the freelance services I offer. I use Wix with the desire to build a website with a new look, it took me a few days to get used to how the tools work, but after that I didn't finish, because I felt like I can't really freely change the graphic, the layout of the content, there are too many limitations. Wix mainly provides templates with the most simplified interface, focusing on eye-catching colors and simple content.

Pros

Wix has colorful templates available, suitable for those who want to promote the image of an advertising campaign, or a certain product. Wix is suitable for young customers with the following criteria: not many words but many images. So it is often appropriate to build websites with an interface similar to social networks, not a blog that provides a lot of information.

Cons

Websites sometimes don't load quickly, especially when it comes to viewing and selecting templates. Templates usually do not provide many features to be able to change the graphic, but only a few brief content. In general, users are still limited to being able to build a website by themselves that has a lot of content, many pages and many sections.

Reasons for switching to Wix

With wordpress I have more options, more features to suit my needs, I can customize and build a website with lots of content, pages and sections.

Mohan Manohar

November 2022

Create your online business presence within minutes

Great, the software has no faults, its business package can provide easy way to develop website as well as create yours own online presence with its hotel app.

Pros

Its app store, click and drop website creation, Hotel App, booking management

Cons

It takes high powered computing system other wise it would take some time before you can drag and click website builder.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Its easier way to create booking machine in hotel website, chat button, gallery management and nice site uptime, gallery management, drag and drop website builder, its CRM software

Reasons for switching to Wix

Downtime is on higher side, customer support is fast but many a times non technical players on the telephnone line and that makes solving of problems within shortest possible of time is difficult.

Amardeep

Industry: Utilities

December 2022

What makes Wix so useful

Pros

Features that I personally find impactful is how you can track the activities of people, the multi channel feature that allows you to chat to various clients at the same time and the customizable templates. Having these features makes life for us so simple, and there is various tools help us to change any features.

Cons

For Mr personally what I find it lacks short of, is the customer support for this software. There is not much support, in case you don't know what your doing on Wix, you need help to create a template. The support side really lacks short of in this software.

A great partnet

Pros

Easy to setup. Easy to link with GoDaddy domain.

Cons

I didn't find anything I don't like about it.

Roderick

November 2022

wix review by r&b enterprises

Pros

the easy to understand and easy way to implement

Cons

it was kind of generic or standard for advanced use

Steve

After 15 years of use I still love it!

Dispute the non existent customer service I have loved wix.

Pros

I’ve been using Wix for over 15 years and I still love it! The sites are still fast, very easy to build a great looking site, and they have a lot of great templates! I also love the other features they offer such as the AI web designer, logo designer, mailbox options, and even business number. I’ve designed hundreds of sites through wix and I absolutely love wix! There are a few annoyances which I’ll list below.

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the customer service. Whenever I’ve had technical issues they really have been hard to contact and not quick to respond. The other issue I have is the business phone number. It really is disappointing. When a call comes through it displays my business name, not who’s calling. So I can’t see if it’s a client or spam (and spam happens a lot). I contacted them about this several times and never heard back. Stick with Sideline in my opinion.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I could write a very long section here but I’ll just say Wix runs circles around Squarespace. I tried going to Squarespace from wix because it was supposed to be so easy but once I wanted to customize anything it was either harder than wix or just not possible. Wix hands don is still the best.

Diane

Easy to Use and Deploy

I'm very satisfied with WIX but would love for them to update some of their functionality.

Pros

Wix is a powerful drag and drop web editor. It has a full suite of strips and components that make designing the site easy and quick. It's easy to update the SEO and to customize the site to anything you want. Font selection is great and the ability to upload additional google fonts is advantageous. BONUS: The app tracks visitors and lets you know when someone is interacting with your site.

Cons

The inability to switch templates is problematic. So when a person needs to update the site to a new look and feel, it's time intensive. The mobile editor is entirely too limited. In a mobile first world, we need a whole suite of editing options. Also, consistency between pages can be problematic. It would be ideal to put in pixel ratios and height maximums.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Squarespace only offers a 14 day trial. That's not enough time to overcome the learning curve and test out site development.

Ease of use

Jessica

Simple to use, easy to get support on, can build a company website in minutes

I'd say my overall experience has been nothing but positive. I've been growing with it since I was a teenager when I built a preliminary website for my church, a college student with a personal portfolio and have since graduated into using it for my freelance webdesign and management. They offer wonderful features and perks like ad vouchers, SEO analyzation tools, phone numbers and email services, domain purchasing through their website. I mean there's not an easier tool to use in my opinion. It beats wordpress in a ease of use and intergration test hands down in my opinion.

Pros

I love that when I first started creating website with wix I was able to do EVERYTHING for free and then only needed to pay to remove Wix branding. It make you feel confident that you'll be able to benefit from a subscription before you even purchase one. I initially utilized this to create a personal portfolio and have since expanded to utilizing for freelance work. The best feature is that it's not coding based. Non technologically inclined individuals are able to utilize with ease, can use templates, there are color themse if you aren't using custom BUT you CAN do all of those things yourself if you WANT to. Awesome product and have recommended many times.

Cons

Something I wish could be improved is alternative payment methods. If I want a customer to pay for their plan directly, I don't want them to have to provide me with their number, I want them to beable to make that purchase themselves while still maintaining my admin status and not compromising my own password. I can't stress how great support is when I need help so if there is anything diffcult for me to conceptualize they have chat features, email and phone lines available for assistance and are super helpful.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Pricing and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

WordPress wasn't cheap. Wasn't easy to grasp for a beginner. Wasn't accessible for my clients.

Ada

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress is functional but a lot more complicated and not so design-intuitive. Since my focus is on layout and ease of viewing on mobile, WiX is way more friendly to use.

Megan

Highly recommended for beginners!

I initially created my website through Bluehost and WordPress but found it to be more complicated than I would have liked. Bluehost offered a lot more flexibility than I needed for my small site so Wix worked out fine for me. I wish I would have initially started with Wix. I recommend it to anyone just starting out with website building.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use and doesn't require any coding experience. Wix has easy drag and drop options which makes creating your website really simple, honestly, anyone can do it. They also have a lot of customization options and templates so that you can make your website look the way you want. Another thing I love is Wix's customer service. They always respond super fast and getting connected with someone on the phone isn't hard at all. Of all the times I contacted them via phone there was no wait time and I was able to speak with someone right away. As a business owner, making sure my website is up and running correctly is incredibly important so choosing a website builder with good customer service was a must for me.

Cons

Going from Bluehost to Wix, it was clear that there wasn't as much freedom and flexibility with Wix. There aren't multiple hosting options to choose from with Wix and while Wix does have customization options, there aren't nearly as many as with Bluehost. Wix also isn't the best for large websites and is better suited for smaller, simple, sites.

Reasons for switching to Wix

There are a lot more moving parts with Bluehost and WordPress. As a newbie to website building I encountered a lot of problems and spent a lot of time trying to solve them. I had heard great things about Wix so when my plan with Bluehost was up I decided to try Wix instead of renewing. In the end, Wix was also cheaper for me because of how much I spent on paid page builders and themes for Wordpress.

Robinson