All Wix Reviews

Wix is trix!

Frank

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

PROS

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

CONS

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

Reason for choosing Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Jorge

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Wix is my 3rd favourite website builder!

PROS

I like the fact I can drag, drop items, like in most website builders. Website stats are probably the best in the market. The tools to help the site complying with data regulations are great and being able to show/edit the "cookie consent banner" or displaying a "do not sell data" option is definitely a plus.

CONS

what I like the least about wix the fact that it is less intuitive than webnode. from a beginner standpoint, one can easily turn a webnode theme into a nice website, it's not that simple with wix.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix was cheaper at the time I made the decision

Clarke

Farming, 51-200 employees

Website Builder with Appointment Scheduling Tools

My overall experience is remarkable - it is the most important tool that help me save time when managing events.

PROS

Wix gives me the ability to create and design websites like a pro without coding via WYSIWYG editor tools.

CONS

Domain registration is quite pricey compared to alternatives.

Sergio

Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Wix Page Builder Review

I use it for creat dropshipping stores and land pages, and some times is hard to make some customization for clients because of the lack of options of plugins and possibilities of creations using the template.

PROS

I like the beautiful templates and the drag and drop functions. Its also very intuitive tool for the users. The problem is when we need some kind of customization... Then starts the problems with this tool.

CONS

For create landing pages and stores is not so good because of the lack of plugins and some difficulties for customize the choseed template.

Reason for choosing Wix

The client first bought this product before knows very well how its works and what he needs..

Reasons for switching to Wix

More options of customizations.

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Great website builder for a small business like mine

So far I don't have any complaints. And I enjoy using Wix more then other brands of website builders

PROS

Very user friendly. I have used other website builders and I was super surprised how easy and streamline Wix is. I couldn't believe that it only took me a few hours for the basic set up and a few more hours to get my products listed. I spent over 40 hours on other programs doing the same thing! I like that from the very start, Wix has everything lined up and goes from page to page for you in anything you need to do to get your domain,SSL and google workspace set up. Wix has it all ready to go for you and all you have to do is fill it all out and pay. No copy this and move it to the website builder. So easy.

CONS

I wish that there was an auto discount feature that would let me add it to a specific size of an item. I did talk to a rep and he told me it could only be used for category's and or the entirety of a product listing

Reason for choosing Wix

I like the pricing and reviews better. Almost all websites I looked at for the top rated website builders, Wix was at the top.

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Great for simple sites, stay away for advanced sites

Generally frustrated. When Wix works, it's great but be sure to give yourself 2 or 3 times more time than expected to fix your layout. If you have a simple layout and do not need to display data in tables, Wix may be a good choice for you.

PROS

In general, the templates and layouts are super simple to use. Its easy to add images and text and customize layouts.

CONS

Where do I start? The layouts are good but basic. As soon as the layout gets customized beyond the basics, it becomes nearly impossible to control section layout from resizing and breaking the section mobile layout. Aligned items become maligned. Fonts randomly resort back to default. If you want to constantly redo your layout, Wix is for you. Also, the system often operates at a snails pace making development nearly impossible. The documentation is plentiful but often useless. Probably the most perplexing choice by Wix was to upgrade the platform and remove recurring tables. The previous version of tables was simple, but removing tables completely is forcing me to look for a new platform. They will lie to you and tell you that repeaters work just like tables, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Reason for choosing Wix

I needed a built-in light database type functionality which I cannot seem to find in other products.

Information Services, 1 employee

Love Wix editor and sites

I like using wix to do all my online services through , e comerce to web page , so easy to use , looks amazing , functions perfect , i tried others before i found wix, and ive been here since 2013 , and plan on staying at wix , they are really good .

PROS

Wix is very easy to use building your own site , and saving money doing your own, very good layout and and ease of function , customer service has been 100% over the years .

CONS

there really isnt anything i didnt or dont like about wix, ive used wix since 2013 and have had several different sites i built , and never had a issue

Reason for choosing Wix

wix so much more to offer and so much more user friendly and customer service on the ball 100%

Arlene

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Very Helpful and Kind

I've had a great experience. Creating a website that's functional isn't easy on your own but WIX makes it less overwhelming. I'm very happy I chose this platform.

PROS

I have a lot of computer experience and the ease of use stands out to me. However, it's the customer service that sets it apart. I was able to get help quickly and even some great ideas to better utilitze my site. I am very happy with my experience thus far.

CONS

I have no cons right now. It's so easy to use.

Digna

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Easy website builder

PROS

I love the ready made templates which help to build a website easily. The templates give a modern and sleek look. Once you have the template in place it's fairy easy to edit and adapt the website. The apps on Wix are also great, for example, having chat support for visitors and for displaying blogs.

CONS

There can sometimes be glitches in the templates where they don't line up properly. Poor website speed - I've spent a large amount of time trying to adapt my website to help increase its speed and performance but I'm not sure if it's due to the template I have used but it's quite slow at loading. This is the main con for me as the whole point of a having a website is to help your online presence and drive traffic to your website so having a website which is slow to load is not great.

William Wesley

Music, 1 employee

Wix/WixAI pretty ok

PROS

The new features, AI integration specifically. Taking some of the more tedious tasks and handing them off to AI really speeds up the whole process.

CONS

Could have more free access to features and tools. Wix definitely makes enough money to open access up a bit. Bandlab for instance is a collaborative music DAW, with amazing access to features normally locked behind a paywall.

Jared

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

My great experience with Wix

Overall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.

PROS

Wix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.

CONS

The only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Shopify due to the fact that I was rushed to buy into their plan. I was more comfortable in working on a platform (Wix) that won't try and push me to dish out money before I am familiar with the software.

matt

Motion Pictures and Film, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

PROS

After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

CONS

As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

Reason for choosing Wix

I chose Wix over Squarespace because I've tested Squarespace and found it limited in its design capability.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Wordpress because I was having trouble with my site loading too slowly. My site had a lot of load-heavy features like video backgrounds. I saw a couple sites with the features I like that loaded quickly and once I learned those sites were Wix, I made the switch.

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

PROS

I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

CONS

I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

Reason for choosing Wix

I initially chose Wix due to the price. Once I started getting into the website design, I learned that Wix is MUCH easier to use than both alternative products. You really don't need to have any code or HTML knowledge and I can build the structure of a brand new exciting website in just a few minutes.

Lindy

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Wix Works for Fine Art

I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

PROS

For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

CONS

I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

Reason for choosing Wix

Reviews seemed to favor Wix for creatives.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Having been with GoDaddy over a decade, I got tired of fighting software changes that diminished the creative experience and dummied-down their program. I want to have control of my design without learning code. I know how to sell my art. They don't .

WENDY

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

User Friendly Website Builder

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far. Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

PROS

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well. I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time. Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

CONS

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists . Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot. I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders. It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reason for choosing Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.

Reviewed July 2021

How to be a web designer (without being one)

With Wix, I was able to launch my sites, both personal and commercial. It has been a great help and has even served as a distraction since its interface makes building a website fun. I got the benefit of being able to create completely aesthetic and professional sites using the tools that the site itself offers. The most remarkable thing is its real time editing, which, not knowing html, was and still is useful to me.

PROS

If you've always dreamed of designing your own website, Wix is probably one of the best options. It has a modern interface that makes the user feel comfortable from the beginning. If you have no design experience, it is an excellent place, since Wix offers the user a long list of templates and tools as add-ons that allow you to customize your site to your liking. You can connect with several existing software systems (from third parties) such as Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, Word, among many others. Also, depending on the plan, it allows the user to acquire a domain right there or if the user already has one, to connect it.

CONS

Wix is an excellent tool, which in part has its cost in relation to the gadgets it offers and templates. What happens is that many users, after using Wix and its tools, become skilled in design and always look for something more professional. But Wix always aims at the beginner public to which, logically, it offers standard or semi-professional solutions at a high cost. In simple words, it would be necessary to add more tools and content for experienced users.

Reason for choosing Wix

Although Wix is expensive, I chose it for its ease of use and user-friendly interface.

Thomas

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Wix: A great option for building your online website.

My overall experience with Wix has been a positive one. I have been able to put together a web page that truly embodies the spirit of my business and also manage all the details of my work in a streamlined manner that I haven't found anywhere else.

PROS

Wix offers a large variety of styles, services, and integrations in a way that is simple and more effective than its competitors. I love that I can manipulate my web page however I want and key features like bookings, event management, and detailed layouts help your work stand out from the rest and you don't need to be an expert in coding to do it. This software is very intuitive and user friendly in a space that can be very overwhelming.

CONS

The only thing I like least about this software is the lack of flexibility when it comes to website resizing. With webpages being viewed on a variety of screen sizes, it would be amazing to be able to manage page and text breakpoints within Wix without having to switch to EditorX. Which is another editor a part of Wix but more expensive.

Reason for choosing Wix

Wix offered competitive pricing for the features it delivers that alternative products lacked.

More customizable features.