What are Wix users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Wix software through verified user reviews

6,477 Reviews

3,475
2,136

• icon"The customer supports from Wix is really good and I noted Wix getting better progress with the time."
  • icon"We've easily integrated a google calendar into our page, which has been helpful for our neighbors. One of my other favorite features is the ability to uniquely edit the mobile version of the site."
  • icon"It's easy to use, easy to onboard, offers a ton of templates and features, great customer support, and amazing documentation."
  • icon"The main issue I have with Wix is the price when compared to other Web hosts out there. The contract also auto renews without warning, which is very frustrating."
  • icon"What I dislike most about Wix is that it seems to be missing a few features that other website building softwares offer."
  • icon"The main disappointment for me with this software is that it's limited as to customization."

Browse all Wix Reviews

• Have you used Wix and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 6,477 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 6,477 reviews

Kristie

Perfect for Service-Related Businesses

Wix has been my favorite platform to promote my products but in 2021, I decided to switch things up and create a Shopify store with a domain name because Wix was not helping me generate sales at all. It became too pricey, too complicated, and the packages didn't offer discount options during the pandemic, so I had to hire a freelancer from Upwork. The Wix experts never communicated well with me, were slow when providing the service, and did not complete the project.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the videomaking tool. Along with the videos I create, I can post them in a template through Wix and send my newsletters to my subscribers and customers. Wix does a great job of keeping a track of my subscribers and having an organized analytics page. I don't think Wix is disorganized at all. It can be pricey for the different type of services to make my website stand out on Google search, but there are discounts from time to time.

Cons

My least favorite part of Wix is how it is weak in sales. I had to create a Shopify store to promote the sales part of my business because Wix is more efficient for service-related companies. When I do use the videomaking feature, there aren't that many video templates to choose from. Instead, I am limited on the template designs. For music, it is endless, but I don't plan to use every type of audio in my videos. The other issue is price. I hired a freelancer from Wix to help me with my SEO and it was $100 for just linking SEO and I thought it was too pricey. I ended up using Upwork to hire someone else to help me promote my products. The freelancers signed up in Wix (also called Experts) are not good with communication and they are too expensive.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I decided to keep Wix but I don't see myself trying to generate sales on there. I have created a Shopify account to generate sales and income while my Wix will be used as a portfolio website. It is just used to generate traffic, not generate sales. The traffic I receive to Wix will be used to generate sales on Shopify.

Emeka

An Awesome Website Builder

I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Pros

Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include: 1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website. 2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites. 3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started. 4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me. 5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page. 6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Cons

It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience. The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I was looking for a platform that can allow me drag and drop elements to create a website. WordPress could do that, but I'll need to install an additional plugin. With Wix, I could start building a website using the drag and drop editor without having to install any other software.

Irma

Wix is a Journey

It has been beneficial having Wix to be a nice platform to advertise my business and market. It is a decent program to you however I just wish that it was better. And if you’re going to charge as much to charge at least have features in applications that actually work.

Pros

I like that the Wix is easy to use after an experienced person walks you through how to use the system. I didn’t find it a bit challenging at first with utilizing the features in finding out what I needed in the system to help me make the website best for our businesses needs. It did take about two months for me to really get well accustomed to using wicks his features that I need to use on a regular basis. However there are some features that we’re not available immediately that my business does need to use so I ended up having to purchase another program in order to get what I needed out of it which is more costly in the long run. Because they do not have forms that function well for my schools needs, I had to make more of an investment. It also said that the zoom feature would now work well with wicks. I still have to screenshot a new code every week and send it to our clients for our weekly class for a group sessions.

Cons

Zoom integration sucks. There are a lot of things that businesses need to be able to do to be functional and a lot of those things were not available on WIX. It would be nice for weeks to be a lot easier to use even for a new person learning how to use the system. I think that they charge a bit much for utilizing weeks considering all that Wix does not offer and you have to go out of pocket to purchase and do additional work to get what you need.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I wanted to test it out and see how well it would work. I also noticed that a lot of website designer’s on five or had a lot more experience on Wix website as opposed to some other websites

Steve

After 15 years of use I still love it!

Dispute the non existent customer service I have loved wix.

Pros

I’ve been using Wix for over 15 years and I still love it! The sites are still fast, very easy to build a great looking site, and they have a lot of great templates! I also love the other features they offer such as the AI web designer, logo designer, mailbox options, and even business number. I’ve designed hundreds of sites through wix and I absolutely love wix! There are a few annoyances which I’ll list below.

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the customer service. Whenever I’ve had technical issues they really have been hard to contact and not quick to respond. The other issue I have is the business phone number. It really is disappointing. When a call comes through it displays my business name, not who’s calling. So I can’t see if it’s a client or spam (and spam happens a lot). I contacted them about this several times and never heard back. Stick with Sideline in my opinion.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I could write a very long section here but I’ll just say Wix runs circles around Squarespace. I tried going to Squarespace from wix because it was supposed to be so easy but once I wanted to customize anything it was either harder than wix or just not possible. Wix hands don is still the best.

Rayan

Très bon site et super facile à utilisé pour les e-commerces

J'adore créé des sites avec wix pour vendre des objets pour mes abonnés YouTube le problèmes c'est que je n'est jamais de clients car ils penses à une arnaque vu que je prenais pas l'option payantes et qu'il y a marquer Wix dans l'url. Certains de mes (anciens) amis en on profité pour m'arnaquer en disant que si je leurs envoient un produits gratuit il pourrait me faire de la visibilités et aux final rien. Ce site à du potentiel on peut faire se qu'on veut dessus mais si on débourse pas d'argent personne ne connaîtra notre site et le verra.

Pros

J'aimes beaucoup le fait qu'il y est une possibilités gratuites et ceux à durée indéterminé qui nous permet donc de l'utilisé gratuitement si l'on veut. Tout est à disposition on peut mettre pas mal de choses sur notre site et ceux même avec l'option gratuite, on peut avoir un site plutôt complet. On peut aussi mettre un planning à disposition et on peut aussi créé plusieurs pages qui seront liés chacune les unes aux autres ultra facilement. On peut aussi masquer, démasquer et supprimer certaines pages et articles si on veux les publiés, les améliorés ou tout simplement les supprimés. On peut aussi faires des sites super beau et super instructifs ont peut aussi modifier le fond on peut rajoutés des images personnalisés et on peut choisir si la tva est imposables ou pas sur nos produits on peut aussi faire des frais de livraison différent pour diverses pays. On peut aussi vendre des objets virtuelles tels que des livres, pdf... On peut aussi affiché des compteurs de combiens de gens sont venus sur cette pages des compte à rebours si par exemple si on fait des promotions/réductions. On fixent nous mêmes les prix ont peut aussi faire des achats test voir si tout se passent bien. Ont peut aussi mettre en place des emails automatique pour les boîtes mail. Ont peut aussi en créé pour les gens qui ont abandonné leur panier. On peut mettre un tchat rapide à disposition et plein d'autres options.

Cons

Le problèmes le plus importants à mes yeux c'est que pour avoir un url personnalisé sans qu'il y est marquer wix il faut payé pareille pour si l'on veut attiré des clients pour boosté notre site il faut prendre l'offre Wix. Il n'y a pas de période d'essai et quand on veut ouvrir sa boutique en ligne avec 0€ on peut pas. Pareille si on ne veux pas de publicités sur notre site il faut prendre l'offre payantes. Du coup le gros moins de Wix c'est qu'il faut payer obligatoirement pour que sont sites soit vue par des gens et pour avoir plein d'autre possibilité.

Jonathan

Simple, Easy, fantastic price

Wix couldn't be simpler and easier to use. It is so affordable, so simple, and yet incredibly powerful. I had no idea how easy it was going to be when I was getting started, but now I'm a huge fan, and probably will be for life.

Pros

The ease of use. It was so simple to set up and build a website, I had one online in a matter of 2 hours. On top of that, it was so affordable, that I had paid for 3 years of hosting, that cost me less than it would cost to have someone build a site, let alone host for 3 years. In other words, it's saved me thousands of dollars.

Cons

Truthfully, I don't have any major complaints yet, because it's doing everything I've needed it to do. Perhaps I could say, it seems so feature rich that I could never fully tap into all of its powerful capabilities. The other downside might be down the road, if ever I needed to export my website to a different host, that might cause a few hiccups, but I'm locked in for another couple of years, so it's not a worry presently.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Ease of use, cost and a glowing testimonial from a fellow entrepreneur.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Because I wanted something faster, easier and less expensive.

How to be a web designer (without being one)

With Wix, I was able to launch my sites, both personal and commercial. It has been a great help and has even served as a distraction since its interface makes building a website fun. I got the benefit of being able to create completely aesthetic and professional sites using the tools that the site itself offers. The most remarkable thing is its real time editing, which, not knowing html, was and still is useful to me.

Pros

If you've always dreamed of designing your own website, Wix is probably one of the best options. It has a modern interface that makes the user feel comfortable from the beginning. If you have no design experience, it is an excellent place, since Wix offers the user a long list of templates and tools as add-ons that allow you to customize your site to your liking. You can connect with several existing software systems (from third parties) such as Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, Word, among many others. Also, depending on the plan, it allows the user to acquire a domain right there or if the user already has one, to connect it.

Cons

Wix is an excellent tool, which in part has its cost in relation to the gadgets it offers and templates. What happens is that many users, after using Wix and its tools, become skilled in design and always look for something more professional. But Wix always aims at the beginner public to which, logically, it offers standard or semi-professional solutions at a high cost. In simple words, it would be necessary to add more tools and content for experienced users.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Although Wix is expensive, I chose it for its ease of use and user-friendly interface.

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

Pros

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

Cons

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

JAZE

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Where Would I Be Without Wix

I love using Wix. I couldn't be happier using Wix. Once I was done making my very first website I was pleased with the end result. I didn't struggle with anything, I got great support when I needed it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to build their very first website.

Pros

When starting to make a website for yourself, by yourself, there is no better solution than Wix for a novice user. Create a professional looking website for your business in a couple of hours using the many templates offered by Wix without needing a coding background at all. Make beautiful, customizable websites with ease and at an affordable rate too. You can't go wrong with this platform, the customer support is so on-point, you'll be pleased with the service you get from them.

Cons

I would like to see Wix improve on their SEO capabilities though, I sometimes don't rank as high in Google as I would like to so I use additional software to boost my web presence.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I was a bit intimidated by the whole WordPress movement, plus I already knew someone using the Wix platform who was far from being tech-savvy yet had an awesome website that she created by herself... I had to give it a shot after that.

Matthew

Great service for setting up a new website!

Overall, the ease of use and simple beauty of Wix is, for me, well worth the premium I pay. If I can pay a little extra to save a whole lot of time and headache, I do - and Wix lets me do exactly that.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use, especially with Wix's ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). I have zero knowledge of web design, let alone design in and of itself. Using Wix's ADI I was able to make a gorgeous website for my company that continues to get compliments. It's very easy to update the website with new information, which is a must-have for me. I've rarely had issues with speed or usability - Wix just works.

Cons

Wix can be expensive. The price for ease of use seems to be higher premiums for what would be a given elsewhere - specifically, higher plans within their "website plans" tier only really offer marketing incentives (in my opinion) that expire after a year of use. Sure, you get more storage as well - but $5/mo just for an extra 10GB of storage (from Unlimited plan to Pro plan) seems a little steep, given that for $0.05 I could store the same amount on Backblaze B2 and use a Wordpress instance. In short, anything beyond the basic Combo plan seems obtusely overpriced. Moreover, every single time I enter Wix to edit my site, I feel I'm met with annoying advertisements to get a custom email, get a custom domain, etc. etc. which are just advertisements for services I already have elsewhere (though lately these have calmed down).

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix seemed just easier to use, and has continued being easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress, while powerful, is simply too much for a self-employed service-industry employee to manage. Wix is much easier.

Barry

Above average product and performance with sub-par customer service

Overall, Wix has made the process of creating and managing our website easier.

Pros

I've have been using the free version of Wix since 2010 and the premium version since 2017. It is one of the easiest website builders out there with a variety of pre-made, highly customizable templates to choose from. Its drag and drop editor is easy and intuitive and has a decent number of integrations available. It is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses that don't have over complicated requirements when it comes to a website. Another thing I like is the ADI which serves as a website design assistant. It makes it easy to initially set up the site.

Cons

Once you start using a theme, you can't change it while keeping the content, you need to choose another te plate or theme and start putting together the content from scratch. Their customer service is one of the worst I have encountered. No chat or phone support for the UK and you're supposed to create a ticket for some of the smallest queries. Half the time they take days (sometimes weeks) to get back to you.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Ease of use, better-looking themes, and templates.

Reasons for switching to Wix

We wanted something that was easy to use.

Cushi

The best website designer for simple, beautiful, fully customizable websites.

I have been using Wix for at least 8 years and have been very pleased with it throughout. It constantly adapts and changes, becoming easier, more intuitive and more user friendly. It is by far the best website designer that I have tried.

Pros

I love that Wix has endless templates to choose from, multiple in every industry you can think of. The templates are easy to customize and Wix has a robust self-help library that explains the steps for almost any task you might find yourself doing in a clear and easy to follow way. As a graphic designer, I prefer Wix over SquareSpace because the drag-and-drop style of the platform allows for complete design control.

Cons

I like least about Wix, the limited layouts for some of the applications that are available and the limited availability of applications in general.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Many of these products have similar features and do similar things, but Wix was the product that gave me the design autonomy that I wanted and was easier to get the hang of.

Ansh

Professional Website Builder Platform To Manage Client Business

Wix is a best website development platform that makes it easy for businesses to create multiple websites. It provides an affordable paid option, so we can choose the best option for our business to develop a client website. By using wix, we can save a lot of money in purchasing website hosting. Wix provides advanced features like drag and drop page building, simple editing tools, powerful but easy to use Online Store Builder and more. In digital marketing paid advertisement, our marketing team required landing pages for multiple product promotions. So we used wix and created multiple responsive landing pages to save time. It is a powerful ecommerce software, we can manage client online portals and increase business sales online.

Pros

• Easy to create a stunning responsive website, blog and online store. • Develop a website quickly without Hard coding or programming skills. • No limits on storage or bandwidth to run multiple client websites. • We can create and host business websites on wix secure server easily. • Thousands of professional website templates options for business websites. • Save time and money by using wix for organization clients. • Easily manage multiple business clients' websites on wix platform.

Cons

Only one issue, we have faced with Wix, No custom code option found for website development. All codes are predefined.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Easy to manage multiple client website. Various advanced option available in wix in compression of shopify.

Norma Estela

Industry: Broadcast Media

The pros and cons of purchasing Wix

In general I like the designs, I find them too attractive and I know that I have not been able to find them in any other software, but in any case I could go with another program that despite not giving me such attractive templates, I know I could modify them and at no cost. I recommend it if you have the money to pay and have not tried other options.

Pros

I liked the versatility, they were very creative with the default templates, the colors are more than eye catching and overall it is intuitive to use. On the other hand, the general presentation and the explosion of colors invite to use it and help to exploit creativity, although in general there are few changes that would be made to any design, if it were not for the name and content.

Cons

Price. The price seems high to me and there are other ways to design a web page for free, besides there are countless new applications that give you good ideas to start at no cost; I would also like them to say precisely how the costs will be handled and not just hook you in and then raise the prices.

For the advertisement

Reasons for switching to Wix

I thought Wix would be a better option but for now I think I will look for other options.

Gil

Simple and Professional

I moved our primary business site to Wix a little over four years ago. It provides a professional looking face to prospective clients and it automatically adapts to all formats.

Pros

Wix is an intuitive and easy to implement cloud-based software. You can design and launch a very professional looking site in very little time.

Cons

There is very little to dislike about the Wix platform. The "Member" area is slightly lacking and could use some bolstering.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I likes to flexibility of Wix over WordPress (which was a little cumbersome before Gutenburg editor.

Lakshmi

Easy to build websites with Wix

You could provide a plan with Ascend tools and all the features as a package like WordPress instead of selling features separately. I love how empowering it feels when your tool can make laymen build sites. But these very laymen cannot handle SSL failures. So it's better if the software helps people on this front along with improving the customer service portal

Pros

I love how I was able to build my own website without any technical experience. I felt so happy to use the drag and drop feature and the e-commerce store I was able to build out of this website builder. SEO is always on point and helps me manage on-site SEO without anyone's help.

Cons

I did not like how my site did not show up as a secure site although I had purchased SSL along with the website. This was so disheartening and I decided to finally give up this website and changed the website builder altogether.

Reasons for choosing Wix

WordPress was costly for me when I started and Wix seemed affordable.

Luke

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Easy website creation, difficult to be precise

We used Wix to help us do quick website mock-ups for testing. The idea was to determine the visual needs, then give it to developers for implementing. It did the trick.

Pros

Wix is easy to set up and use. It’s got all the basics, and the interface is fairly intuitive. It’s very similar to using Snapfish or Shutterfly visually.

Cons

If you know precisely what you want, things can get tricky. The main example I encountered was wanting to set up a very specific set of icons for designing a test web interface. Wix’s icon selection didn’t have what I needed, so I saved the images I needed from PowerPoint, then imported them to Wix and replaced images on existing icons with them. Bit of a pain, but it worked.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Weebly seemed more complicated, and friends recommended Wix

Zahra

Back to WordPress

Pros

Initially what attracted our client was the ease of use and drag n drop thing. Once we started to implement the design and templates, we realised the customisation was a nightmare. Support was very helpful. But this wasn't for us. If you want a quick website at low cost, Wix is the way forward. Its minimalist and effective for cookie cut themes and businesses...

Cons

Customisation. We few templates but the kept hitting problems so just decided to move to WordPress

Reasons for choosing Wix

Client wanted it and we not in favour of it, which is why we switched to WP

Noelle

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

User-friendly website builder

Wix is fantastic in allowing us to build and manage our website as well as to have integrated booking and payments from a single source!

Pros

Wix is a great tool for building a website with little-to-no experience! With few exceptions, it is extremely user-friendly and you can churn out a professional site in very little time.

Cons

The lack of an integration with Medium is disappointing and requires manually entering new blog posts on each platform. The information in the Help section is often inaccurate/out-of-date and doesn't reflect the most recent changes their platform. We're often forced to look elsewhere for solutions or just have to figure out a workaround on our own.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Previous experience with Wix as well as a free option to begin building our site immediately before upgrading to our business account.

Anthony

Wix Websites - No Need to wait ****

Wix allowed our clients to use the free option and start uploading material and organise documents without delays, for further curation.

Pros

Wix is the most awesome website builder to get going straight away. It can be so frustrated just to get started in building a website - Artwork, Hosting, Pricing etc. Wix lets you just jump in for free, and evolve.

Cons

You may not get a personalised domain on the free option. But that is balanced off with the fact that you can just blast off, without a load of running around and expense to get that urgent website going.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix is ready made for jumpstarting an urgent website project.

Reasons for switching to Wix

The simplicity on onboarding on WIX

Ian

Industry: Information Services

Wix Website Builder the Pros and Cons

Firstly, Wix is super easy to use, it's really worth it, especially for a beginner who is still learning the basics of HTML, etc. The drag and drop editor I found makes things much easier and you can add anything you want to your website as you go along. There are a huge number of templates to choose from where you can find templates suitable for you, no matter which field you're interested in. And lastly I would just say Wix is by far the best website builder on the planet; it’s very easy to use and to understand, and there is plenty of online help!

Pros

Whenever you pick Wix ADI, it creates a template primarily based on your private needs. You simply want to mark what form of internet site you desire and that’s it, your web page is achieved using Wix synthetic intelligence. Then all you want to do is to customise it primarily based on your private preferences. I would additionally highlight that Wix presents an alternative for customers with coding knowledge, who favor to create a sketch on their own. Such users can genuinely take the clean template and personalize it with the aid of enhancing HTML and CSS. Therefore, it’s apparent that Wix presents a chance to create a private web page for everyone, beginning from novices to pros, who can code it.

Cons

Even though Wix signals that they encompass commercials in the free model as normally on the fundamental one, it can nevertheless be very annoying. So, if you choose a higher personal experience, I would advise deciding on at least the Combo format which eliminates all the traumatic ads. The most important problems with Wix is that there is no web page transfer. So, if you create a platform with Wix and figure out to switch your platform to some other internet site builder or CMS, as, for example, WordPress, you can't do that. The sole alternative that Wix offers you, is the capacity to switch your Premium Site to every other account. So, that means, you both continue to be with Wix or create a new internet site on any other platform from scratch.

Reasons for choosing Wix

After looking at several alternatives I especially considered Wordpress and Weebly purely because they had good ease of use and weren't complicated. Also, The setup of both seemed easy enough but the costs and G2 ratings left me a bit cynical. So I chose Wix instead!

papa arona

Industry: Warehousing

incredible website builder

Wix Templates are ready-made website templates that you can customize to make your own website. This is really the strong point of Wix, they offer an impressive gallery of Site Templates classified by Categories, for any type of activity. The Wix editor is easy to use. The editor works in true drag-and-drop mode which gives you a great freedom of creation. You can place the elements absolutely anywhere on the page. In terms of design, Wix is simply the best editor I have tested so far. The Wix platform provides technical means to implement the SEO strategy that you have previously defined. Another originality of Wix that I appreciate is the possibility to add features to your website as you need them. You simply pick applications (also called Widgets) from the App Market provided by Wix or other external providers. These applications enrich your website with additional tools and services such as an image gallery, a blog, a news feed, a list of Facebook fans, Twitter... The integration of an application is very simple, and is done in one click! This gives a real added value to your website. You can create a good quality Blog with Wix by activating the Blog module on a page. There are 6 predefined layouts for the Blog, but you can customize a lot more. The article editor is nice and well designed as you can see in the image above. It is very easy to add text, images or even video. The online help is easily accessible from any element of the editor.

Pros

- Clean and professional design. - Easy to create. - Very affordable budget, good quality/price ratio - Intuitive tool and quick to learn. - Presence of basic site optimization parameters (SEO) - Range of applications to add features to your site (eg: booking, email marketing, calendar, ads ... etc) - Easy contact management with Wix's holistic contact management

Cons

- No access to the HTML/CSS source code - No email address associated with your domain name - In case of design change, you have to redo all the content - Wix doesn't provide the analytics for its free plan.

Robin

Wix is leading the way in website design!

I have found that by switching to Wix, my business is more of what I want it to be. I have more control of the feel and look of my business. The money I’ve saved has been phenomenal. They may not offer all the bells and whistles of larger brands, but 99% of the time you don’t need or want those bells or whistles. The larger brands charge wether you use them or not.

Pros

The most innovative feature Wix offers is the right click feature in editing your images or text. The drag and drop feature combined with the right click feature, makes designing or editing a breeze. Wix allows the most customization with their templates than any of the competitors. This allows you to create your website to reflect your vision.

Cons

There are a couple of cons to Wix. 1) Once you pick a template, you cannot change to a different template. However, if you’re constantly changing the over all design, you’re wasting time and revenue. Have a clear vision for your website, and stick to it. 2) Although you have multiple avenues to contact customer service, a live person at inquiry is not one of them. You might have to take multiple steps to fix a problem, but they always pull through with a solution.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I wanted a simpler way to run my business that was cost effective. My overhead has drastically decreased, and my website is more profitable using Wix.

Itzak

Easy-to-use web design for small business owners

Pros

Gone are the days of having to know HTML code. Nowadays, anyone can make a website by simply dragging-and-dropping elements already existing on Wix. I personally use Wix for 4 of my websites - all small businesses. For those who are intimidated by starting from scratch, the templates are incredibly helpful. There is enough of a selection that you can find what you're looking for, slightly modify it, change the names, and you'll have a live website in under 10 minutes. For those who are looking for a more branded type look, even starting from scratch isn't too overwhelming because of how Wix is designed. I've also been able to connect shops to my websites that source my products, and Wix Shops has been able to update prices, inventory and process payments from online purchases easily. On one of my websites, I've been able to create an online community for my students to have access to private videos and comment on forums.

Cons

-Wix is always running promos for deep discounts on their memberships. However, after that first year, you might have to evaluate your website plan as the price can be excessive once you're past your promo. -If you're purchasing a business email, and don't want to pay monthly anymore and just do one payment for the year, you can't. You'll have to pay monthly costs for that business email until they fix it, so if you purchase a business email, just bite the bullet and pay the annual costs so you don't have to worry about that monthly expense anymore. -When switching from desktop to mobile view, you'll obviously want your mobile look to be more seamless and easier to read. If you need anything to just show only on mobile, you need to "hide" those objects behind other objects just so you can display them in mobile only, and it can be a pain sometime to arrange this.

Diane

Easy to Use and Deploy

I'm very satisfied with WIX but would love for them to update some of their functionality.

Pros

Wix is a powerful drag and drop web editor. It has a full suite of strips and components that make designing the site easy and quick. It's easy to update the SEO and to customize the site to anything you want. Font selection is great and the ability to upload additional google fonts is advantageous. BONUS: The app tracks visitors and lets you know when someone is interacting with your site.

Cons

The inability to switch templates is problematic. So when a person needs to update the site to a new look and feel, it's time intensive. The mobile editor is entirely too limited. In a mobile first world, we need a whole suite of editing options. Also, consistency between pages can be problematic. It would be ideal to put in pixel ratios and height maximums.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Squarespace only offers a 14 day trial. That's not enough time to overcome the learning curve and test out site development.

Ease of use