All WordPress Reviews

Jon

E-Learning, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

WordPress Review: Industry Standard for A Reason!

Luke

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Wordpress is by far the best website platform and is highly customisable

I love Wordpress and there is no other platform like it!

PROS

I have used Wordpress for myself and my clients for the past 10 years. It's my preferred platform to build websites on due to the amount of customisation I can make, unlike other platforms such as Shopify which is a lot more difficult and costly. Wordpress feels like a platform where there are no limits to what you can do.

CONS

Woocommerce can be a bit expensive with plugins, but I can make customisations myself unlike Shopify. The dashboard could also do with a refresh to make it more friendly for clients to use. I have had a few websites that have been hacked over the years so I would like to see better security on Wordpress.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Better customisations and page builder options. Cheaper in terms of plugins too.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

With every project, I need to choose whether it will be Wordpress or Shopify for e-commerce. I love shopify's interface, but the customisations can be difficult to make so I will choose Wordpress on occasions.

Stefan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Good product for creating any website

overall great experperience, i do not know any better CMS for small-middle websites, definately worth to use, espcecially because of low cost and easy startup

PROS

very low cost, many plugins, good documentation, very strong usage all over the world, quite robust

CONS

overall speed is low, some settings are difficult to understand

Reason for choosing WordPress

easier setup, better documentation, more plugins

Mitchell

Civil Engineering, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Great and affordable

Great site for intermediate to advanced web design users to create a website. Would recommend.

PROS

I enjoyed the ease of use for an intermediate user. It has lots of functionalities that can be used and the plugins allow it to go the next level if you want to get more advanced.

CONS

Not super beginner friendly. It could be a little easier to use and have more tools for beginners.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Just switched companies, no real reason.

philipp

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

All these good reviews have something in commen. Most people reviewing this have only ever used WP

In the end WP is a blogging platform and should NOT be used for your big corporate website. It has to many flaws for a that.Using any of the DIY theme builders you will create a good looking website that will become a maintenance, security and SEO nightmare. The amount of hours you will spend trying to fix stuff could have been spent on a system that works well. You will create a monster with 1000 plugins that will break the site as soon as there is a php update.Horrible, then more maintenance and money spend. WP is not a good idea unless it for a small DIY website for self or a small business

PROS

Its easy to install and get up and running. There are TONS of plugins.Great as a blog

CONS

Tons of plugins make the website a nightmare. Every day something stops working.You get attacked all the time so security needs to be on point at all times.Bad choice for a multi website CMS

Reason for choosing WordPress

Had to use it because of clients wishes

Jessica

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Wordpress, NOT for Complete Beginners

Although Wordpress is a fairly fast and easy way to get website up and running relatively fast, it requires a lot of upkeep, maintenance, and constant monitoring and continuous configuring of code updates and settings to keep running smoothly and safely in the long run. Do not reccomend to complete beginners or novices. Highly recommend to business owners who have a budget for proper upkeep and maintenance.

PROS

Highly customizable with extensive knowledge and experience

CONS

Doesn't work out the box, needs a lot of customization and configuring in order to work properly, not for Complete beginners.

Reason for choosing WordPress

They all fell short in one way or another.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

LightCMS was too Proprietary making it too hard to customize and had the same learning curve as Wordpress, just with too many customization restrictions, so it made sense for me to switch.

Madeleine

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The Most Customization Options for Your Website

Super flexible. Tons of themes to download that can suit your needs. A huge plugin library. Everything you could need and more without being restricted to base templates with no customizations.

PROS

WordPress gives me the most freedom out of every other website builder I have tried. There are so many ways you can make your website your own and there is so much documentation if you need support.

CONS

A knowledge of some coding is hugely helpful with WordPress. Not necessarily required, but sometimes there is some WordPress troubleshooting that can be solved easier when you know the code in the background.

Reason for choosing WordPress

WordPress allowed for the highest degree of customizations and was the most user friendly.

Amanda

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

I'm Super Happy I Use WordPress!

Wonderful over-all experience!I look forward to using WP with our next business!

PROS

There are a lot of options! The hardest thing was choose the template! They all fit perfectly!

CONS

I kind of was looking forwars to lore free templatea. But thats only because my specific need is very diverse.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Better options for my needs. Mores choices for education.

Nicole

Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Not suited for novice users but excellent for larger companies

PROS

I appreciate the diverse ability and customization WordPress offers. It's great (I'd even say essential) for larger companies doing business on a greater scale. The best for flexibility

CONS

I took me months to learn Wordpress properly. Once I'd built a website I liked, I found WordPress a bit demanding in terms of maintenance, upkeep and the frequency of update requirements. Definitely not for novice users or those who cannot afford to pay for a development professional to assist in maintaining.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Wanted to learn how to use the industry standard platform and my design school offered lessons on it.

Allen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Joji of web development highly customizable but complex to use

PROS

Once I got to run through on how to use WordPress, (we use the Divi theme on my website) and I've been learning steadily ever since. It's easy to edit and create content posts and is Web pages.

CONS

It's very complicated to get started. I wouldn't do it by myself. I hired a team to get the website started and whenever I want to add content I have a team start off the design and wireframe of the page while I create and design the content.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

I needed a more customizable professional web page.

Reviewed October 2023

WordPress: Best for your work

Wordpress has made a position through its own ability and I think it is best and comfortable for user.

PROS

WordPress provides unlimited pages facility and it is user friendly software.

CONS

It’s security features which I like least. Authority should work more on it.

Sandy

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Pressing words onto the internet

PROS

Original and still the best, dating that competitors are quickly catching up

CONS

Limitations of free versions can be annoying

Ja'Keya

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Best thing for Content Management

PROS

If you want something that makes it easy to organize and manage any and all of your web content. This is the one. It has helped my team be so much more successful and organize when it comes to our website

CONS

I really don't have any con for th. They are the best

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Need a Website? WordPress is the One for You!

WordPress's freely available website builder has allowed us to create a feature-filled website to which we can add, remove, or change information at a whim through quick access via computer or mobile to the website administration portal. Users can manage or post using both the web interface and the mobile app, which was incredibly useful to us. It has helped us achieve an online presence at a fraction of the cost compared to other platforms.

PROS

WordPress itself is offered for free as an open source tool (although they do also sell hosting plans and domain names if required). Its website administration portal is very easy to navigate and contains a wealth of help and support information in case you get stuck. There is a large collection of free website layout templates available that can be customised to your liking, as well as a large stock of free user-created plugins in order to add additional functionality to your website (for instance adding custom maintenance pages or contact forms). You can use the WordPress mobile app to manage your website, view visitor statistics, and post to your website.

CONS

Although WordPress itself is freely available to create websites with as an open source tool, they do also sell website hosting plans and domain names on their website; their pricing however is not as competitive compared to other website hosting companies such as GoDaddy or Wix. Recent updates to WordPress include a new post editing interface called 'Gutenberg', which is a radical redesign that may not sit well with those who have experience with and are used to the traditional editing interface of previous versions. Website layouts are somewhat basic using stock design layouts, this can be improved upon by purchasing layout modifying plugins.

Reason for choosing WordPress

We ultimately went with WordPress as using the free website builder and sourcing cheap website hosting ourselves came out as the cheaper option for us. In addition to this, it was easy to integrate our CRM systems with WordPress due to the abundance of plugins available.

1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

The Best Free Website Builder

I love Word Press. I would recommend anyone who wants to start a website to use word press because of the plugins. Also once you learn how to operate the customization features of the site you can do so much for such a small upfront investment. WordPress is great for coaches, marketers, and freelance writer.

PROS

I like that wordpress is compatible with so many amazing plugins. Yoast SEO has saved me hours on keyword research and making sure my article has a good chance to rank in the google search index. And the editor that Wordpress comes with for blogging allows me to easily organize my thoughts into sentences because of how clean it looks.

CONS

The themes that come with the free version of WordPress are not to my liking. I have seen some nice premium themes but the stock ones look very childish and don't feel like a website when I visit my site from another device. When I get some more money I will be sure to invest in some more full looking themes.

Reason for choosing WordPress

I chose WordPress because it has the most flexibility and the best plugins to help me manage my website and get it ranking in google.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

I switched to WordPress because I heard it was the best option for people who want flexibility with their website. I saw some YouTubers who also had some deals with web hosting that was compatible with WordPress for a good price.

Chirag

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

WordPress improved our web presence with little effort

We love WordPress. In one of our companies, a staff member took upon them to set up their website to save on cost. Web development companies are expensive. I set up WordPress for them. They were able to set up a website and go live within days at a fraction of the cost they would have otherwise paid to marketing agencies. SEO has worked great. Forms have worked well. We have enjoyed moving all of our sites to WordPress.

PROS

WordPress is easy! Within 20 minutes, we had our website up and running. With a 30 minute training session, staff was able to post blogs, create pages, create menus and set up forms. Prior to WordPress, setting up a website was a project. With WordPress, website management is a breeze.

CONS

When automatic updates break something, it's not easy to debug. For those users who don't host WordPress themselves, this would be less of an issue. We host WordPress sites ourselves and enable automated updates. Once in a while updates break our site and we have to debug it by logging on to our servers.

Reason for choosing WordPress

WordPress was very easy compared to other alternatives. The plugin ecosystem was very convenient and we had local developers who could helps move our aspirations forward with WordPress.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

It was hard to find ColdFusion developers and to manage ColdFusion server to support our website. The look and feel was antiquated. It would have cost us significant money and time to bring our old ColdFusion-based site to a reasonable look and feel. So, we switched to WordPress.

Gustavo

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The Best Web Framework hadns down.

I do appreciate this platform since allows me to create and manage many websites, making out of them useful tools for different companies and professionals. WordPress is a great system that will allow you to create beautiful websites despite their purposes and objectives.

PROS

Open Source system There are millions of integrations to add further functionalities, such an ecommerce, a booksystem, etc. Easy to install, to manage and widely known in terms of having a community capable to support any wonder if any appears.

CONS

It used to be less customizable that it is right now, and most of the cons that might be said are past by now. It is outstanding.

Reason for choosing WordPress

As I said previously, the WordPress compatibility with any other third party solution is a game changer for any one looking to create a website.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

WordPress does have more third-party integrations available, and I find it easier to use than Joomla.

Muhammad Shakeel

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

WordPress is one of the most popular Open Source CMS

You can completely control your website with WordPress, which is free. All website files and data are owned and controlled by you. Websites can be moved anywhere without being tied to a hosting company. A wide variety of extensions, add-ons, and plugins are available to extend your website. You can create anything you want with this huge selection of professional applications.

PROS

WordPress' beauty is its ease of use and user-friendliness. You don't have to worry about anything if you're not a developer. WordPress can be learned in a very short period of time. As a result, WordPress has become very popular. There is a large community of talented developers supporting WordPress as a CMS. SEO is made easier with WordPress.

CONS

The frequent updates to WordPress might hamper the functionality of plugins you are using if the plugin is not compatible with the updates. If you have been using WordPress for a long time, you know how frequent the updates are. It is therefore important that you have a backup of your data before updating the site.

Reason for choosing WordPress

One of the reasons WordPress has such a large developer community is because of its massive development community. it is easy to use It is Open Source CMS it is World’s Most Popular Your Website Can Be Fully Customized With Themes and Plugins

1 employee