Browse Zamzar Reviews

Robin from Lyles Sutherland

Most accurate docx to pdf conversion we have found

We have found our experience with Zamzar over the years we have used it to be fantastic. They were receptive to a tiered pricing structure as our requirements changed, have a friendly support team that is always helpful and their API that we use daily to send documents to for conversion has always been available and had no issues.

Pros

We looked at several docx to pdf cloud based converters a couple of years back that could recreate the layouts and fonts that we used in our documents. None that we tried were able to accurately convert the documents apart from Zamzar. We had originally questioned whether the cost to use the service was worth it but when you consider the complexities of building your own solution and maintaining it we realised that the cost was largely irrelevant. We use Zamzar's developer API in order to send docx files to it and have them returned back to our software. It has been rock solid over the last couple of years with no down time. The time to convert a file is always been within 5 seconds (I think).

Cons

If we really had to nitpick, we would love it if we didn't have to poll the API to check to see when the document had been converted and instead it could be more efficient if they could provide us with a web hook (maybe this is possible and we just haven't asked!).

Reasons for Choosing Zamzar

It had the most accurate conversion of docx to pdf files.

Bruno from Enplug, Inc

Very reliable file conversions of high quality

Pros

The service just works. We've tried other file conversion services in the past, and the results were very disappointing. With Zamzar, the results are consistently good. Also, their support is friendly and responsive.

Cons

No real cons. The product is great. If I *had* to find one con, it's the inability to have several separate api keys for different environments. I ended up having more than one account with them to accomodate this. Not a huge deal.

Reasons for Choosing Zamzar

Quality of conversion, responsiveness of their support team.

Great for converting files

I use this as a freelance translator to convert various file formats.

Pros

This software makes it easy to convert files from one format to another, like jpg to pdf. Great for my needs.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. It fits my needs as a freelancer who needs to convert files from time to time.

Teisha from Thomas Consulting Group

Great way to doctor PDFs

Good program...better when it was free but the best one I'm aware of.

Pros

As far as I can tell this is the best converting software out there and I've used a few. I believe this is referring to Zamzar based on the logo...anyways, when you convert a PDF on this program it comes over the way it looked on the PDF, pretty logical right? However, all their competitors aren't as clean at this process. Other software options, while converting a PDF, send the docx over in a weird format and sometimes so bad that it is unusable. Zamzar sends it over the way it is supposed to work..you can quickly edit and re-save without issue.

Cons

It used to be totally free but recently someone must of purchased them or they changed their business plan because now you can only do two free conversions every 24 hours which does cramp my style a bit. The pricing is pretty reasonable I guess but I'm fighting as to whether we move on it. This is why I know some of these other programs because I wanted to find another free version.

Matthew from Thomas Consulting Group

Great resource and value

Great resource and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

It is super easy to convert PDF files over to doc files. It is a quick process and you can start editing the document without and issue.

Cons

Sometimes the files come across a little weird. Also, they recently started charging for more than 5 conversions per day.

Staffan from LäraNära AB

superb

Pros

For us conversion og PowerPoint presentations to JPEG is of great importance. It's done smooth and Zamzar crew were fast to customize to our needs regarding bigger image sizes.

Cons

not much. At the moment we are satisfied with the service.

Jonathan from Visipath Labs LLC

Industry: Printing

Invaluable software for file conversion

Pros

Ease of implementation Great file conversion fidelity Rapid support time

Cons

There's great value but I would love to see pricing tiers continue to decrease as we use more.

Ashley from Century 21

ZamZar

USE THEM ALL THE TIME! Love them!

Pros

This online conversion has been a life saver or shall I say Job saver.

Cons

There are some files that are bigger and do take longer and so, you have to be able to not be at a deadline when doing something just in case it take a day or two.

Quick and easy conversion. Great selection of file types

Pros

It is simple to use and does a very fast job of converting files. Additionally, the free version comes with a decent amount (max 100) of conversions, which is good for the quantity we use it for.

Cons

It doesn't convert all file types, but covers the basics for video, audio, image, document, etc. It doesn't convert things like step files or CAD to the best of my knowledge.

Nathaniel from BYU-Idaho Online Learning

Great file converter

Pros

I convert files on occasion from PDF to docx to make some adjustments to documents prior to sending them to clients. The process is very quick and simple. It has been improved over the years which has made it a lot easier. Rather than send you an email to download you can do it straight from the browser which I really like.

Cons

You never had to pay for this until recently...I get it but I'm used to doing this as many times as I need for free but now I can only do it twice. I can usually get by but sometimes not so much.

Emily from Brigham Young University-Idaho

Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent Resource

Pros

It is really simple to use, and it's faster than I thought it would be. The free version that we are using has a good allotment of conversions too.

Cons

Some files that we have used have been really large, and have taken a while to convert. They also come across strange, as if they were translated differently.

Wendy from Bare Feet Free Spirit

Easy & Fast File Conversion

I love this software! With any other file converter I found, I would have to pay additional fees to convert the file - or to get the file after it's converted, but not with this. It's a simple, fast and free file converter - which is exactly what I need, since I only need to convert a handful of files every now and then.

Pros

I'm able to quickly and easily convert files from one format to another without any technical knowledge at all.

Cons

Nothing - it rocks! I have yet to find any problems or things that I don't like.

Diana from Translation and Localization

Industry: Translation and Localization

Excellent

Love being able to convert any file into what I need and so quickly, I don't have to wait days or even hours for this. It is done in minutes. Excellent!!!

Pros

OMG! Wher do I begin. Having the convenience of this software to convert any file into what I needed is so priceless.

Cons

what is not to like about this product, So convenient and so fast.