Zesty.io

Zesty.io Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The interface is nice and readable. The support staff was helpful when needed."
  • icon"Zesty.io is user friendly & I love that it integrates google analytics."
  • icon"I like how the layout is and easy to find what you are looking for when making changes and adjustments."
  • icon"Some of the engineers steps are not intuitive (how the pages/datasets, etc work). There is no way to edit within an IDE of choice."
  • icon"Function for managing redirects was limited. This made site re-builds more time-consuming."
  • icon"Some of the Media organization is a little quirky. That is really the only negative."

All Zesty.io Reviews

Shaun

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Satisfied, Long-Term User

Pros

Zesty is one of the most user-friendly software platforms I have ever used. The Zesty team created something that someone with little technical savvy can easily use - not having to rely on outside resources/support.

Cons

There were periods where updates/new features weren't added as often as I would have liked. Ultimately, however, the software always evolved effectively.

Response from Zesty

Thank you so much for a great review, Shaun! We're always striving to make sure our platform is aligned with businesses like yours to help you grow. If there are still updates or new features you'd like to see, we encourage you share them with the support team - we keep a running list of customer requests that heavily influences our product roadmap, and we appreciate the feedback. Stay Zesty!

Charles

Thanks, Zesty!

When Zesty decided to shift away from providing design and software management support several years ago, I was concerned. But so far, the contractors Zesty has steered me towards have been available to help me when my IT skills are not up to the job.

Pros

As an artist who has minimal IT skills, Zesty has been an easy to use way for me to present my art, biography, and references online. I am able to scan my drawings and watercolors and upload them to my site instantaneously allowing me to maintain an in-depth online visual chronology of my art. Simultaneously, I can present reviews of my exhibitions and other references as both PDFs or as links to other web sites making them easily accessible to web visitors.

Cons

I worry that when there is a major overhaul of the software, I'll not be able to get a contractor onboard to support me quickly. Thankfully, few overhauls have taken place so far.

Reasons for choosing Zesty.io

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]'s guidance made all of the difference. I am a big fan of Zesty.

Reasons for switching to Zesty.io

I was an early client of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Zesty. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] set up my web site in the mid-2000s on Bamboo. When the time came to shift to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]'s new software, Zesty, I was happy to follow. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] guided me into the computer and online world, and I will be forever grateful. I have deeply appreciated the advice and support given by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and others in recent years.

Nicole

Industry: Veterinary

Fairly user friendly

Pros

It was fairly easy to learn how to use for someone who's never done website stuff.

Cons

Some of the functionality and minimal options. Can't change font color on some parts.

Response from Zesty

Hi Nicole, so happy to hear you're enjoying the platform! We'd recommend reaching out to your partner to discuss enabling functionality to change font color, etc. Cheers!

William

Fully Customizable CMS

Expect to lean heavily on internal/external development support to build the desired functionality and site architecture. This part of website development is not too different from building a site on a monolithic platform. However, with Zesty, you have more capability to set up a CMS that meets your project's needs. The efficiency comes after you build the foundation. Creating content, managing it, and re-purposing across the site architecture is fast and easy. My team and I had some growing pains with the Zesty team, as you do with most new partner relationships. But Zesty was committed to delivering what was promised, we overcame the challenges together, and developed a strong relationship in the process. Our team enjoyed using the platform. Our clients love the results. Zesty is a great value and investment.

Pros

• Headless content function is a more efficient way to create and manage content. • The Ability to create a modular content design provides a more flexible use of specific content. • Capable of serving both Mobile and Desktop versions of the site or pages. • Fully customizable platform to meet your business and user needs. • Great graphical interface that makes it enjoyable to use. • Architecture serves pages fast and satisfies Google page load requirements. We received great customer and technical support throughout our projects.

Cons

• Function for managing redirects was limited. This made site re-builds more time-consuming. • Building a site from the ground up required more development time than estimated. • The platform requires a developer that knows the system.

Reasons for switching to Zesty.io

• The external web development partner managing our websites did not have the technical resources to help us achieve the desired page layouts. • The Umbraco platform was not easy to use and the organization was convoluted. • We were unable to optimize for page load speed to satisfy Google's requirements. • We could not serve a Mobile and Desktop version that was truly optimized for each.

Benjamin

CMS Built for Speed

The customer service is EXCELLENT. Very available, very responsive, backed by actual engineers. Highly recommend if you are looking for industrial-strength CMS with almost infinite flexibility for developers. If you want a cheap template-y solution, this is not what you want. If you want to build rich content experiences with excellent uptime and performance for brand-name clients, this is where to start and finish your journey.

Pros

The easy to use Parsley markup language is the basis for this very powerful CMS. Extremely extendable to meet just about any need. Excellent and well documented APIs for building "headless" CMS applications. Very well thought out architecture and infrastructure built for speed and ease of use.

Cons

Some limitations in CMS schema, but for most needs these are not an issue or can be easily worked around.

Response from Zesty

Thank you for sharing your experience, Ben! We look forward to continuing to work together with you and your awesome team. Cheers!

Replied April 2021

Lisa

Zesty vs WordPress?

Pros

While the cost is a little more - it is so worth it. I never have to do software or database updates. I never have to worry that my site is down. The speed of page delivery beats every single configuration you can hope to do with WordPress. Zesty is worth every penny!

Cons

Some of the Media organization is a little quirky. That is really the only negative...

Crista

Zesty is great as a CMS for a large website

I'm responsible for QA of our site, so I use Zesty as a source of information for how our website is designed to behave and look. Every time I've had to interact with Zesty it's been responsive and I've been able to quickly and easily determine what our designers and developers are doing because of the site's approachable GUI. And when I've had to interact with the people behind the product, they've been timely, helpful, and extremely pleasant to work with.

Pros

I really like the schema and easily designed templated elements. That along with the versioning and history information allow me to easily look up content changes and page settings. It's also got a great code browser, so I don't have to open up our programming changes in a separate IDE.

Cons

They are continually improving, but for me the weakness is in the search capabilities, especially of images. However, we mentioned some specific issues we were having with the image CMS loading consistently/quickly, and they not only responded, but rapidly implemented the improvements.

Victoria

Industry: Veterinary

Great for clients with minimal digital experience

The start up was slow and we had some difficulties but everything has been improving. We have been assigned our own tech people who check in with us often and it has been a great help! Would recommend to other small businesses who don't always have the time or money to dedicate staff to website building.

Pros

It is easy to use for someone who is experienced in web design and for someone with no previous web experience. The new update makes it easy to save blogs and work to "drafts" and the link previews help with SEO and layout.

Cons

Not being able to add extra pages or change certain layouts. In order to add coding as well for coupons or anything we can only use one code at a time or compress them to a "click for more" section.

Response from Zesty

Hi Victoria, thank you so much for the extensive review! We're so glad to hear you've been enjoying the platform and working with our partners to help your business grow. We look forward to continuing to work with you! Cheers!

William

What was difficult is now simple

As a small business not having to worry about IT infrastructure for our website has been great, and the flexibility of configuration has allowed us to create the website and features we want while taking the task of content updates away from the developer and the responsibility of our marketing team. Integrating our outside services with Zesty has been simple as well which is great in keeping continuity of data and services.

Pros

Zesty is extremely easy to use as a novice and robust enough to satisfy developers who want flexibility. Instead of spending time updating patches, managing servers or hosting, or even managing multiple environments for development, staging, and production, Zesty let's you focus on the content and features of your website. It doesn't require a developer to make updates or publish new content, easy to use templates and flows put this in the hands of the content creators.

Cons

I have not encountered any cons so far in my use of Zesty, it has met our needs fully to date, and has been easy to manage and use.

Response from Zesty

Hello William, thanks so much for the glowing review. We're so glad to hear we're continuing to provide you and your team value, saving you time, and that you're enjoying working with us. Cheers!

Replied September 2018

Easy to use, great customer service, and frequent feature optimizations!

Not only do we love the Zesty.io CMS but each time we reach out with a question, everyone we've interacted with goes above and beyond. Their support team is friendly and very responsive.

Pros

The Zesty.io CMS is easy to use for people of all experience levels. Our team members that use the platform have little to no previous website knowledge. We are able to produce more than a handful of websites on a monthly basis.

Cons

Like any software, I would like (not need) some features that Zesty.io don't currently offer.

Response from Zesty

Wow, thanks for the glowing review! We're thrilled to be providing such value for you and your team. Have you asked Support about some of the features you have in mind? We're constantly keeping a log of and building from suggestions from our clients, so we'd love to hear your feedback. Stay Zesty!

Ryan

Zesty.io review

For the most part, the product is good. Learning how to develop in zesty wasn't the most intuitive thing and would have been much easier had the code been stored in a repo that could be pulled down and edited in an IDE. Customer support is generally helpful but from time-to-time I will get a "we don't do that" answer or a "we can do that but we have to charge $XX" until I say, "but so-and-so has done this for us numerous times without a mention of additional fees and has been happy to do it". Otherwise, I think it's a fine product for a company who needs a decent CMS with the capabilities of building APIs that are easily manipulated via a non-technical team.

Pros

Once something is built out from an engineering perspective, it's easy for a non-technical user to go in and make changes on the CMS UI. This makes life as an engineer far easier so that we're not relied upon to make small, non-technical changes.

Cons

Some of the engineers steps are not intuitive (how the pages/datasets, etc work). There is no way to edit within an IDE of choice. No version control via github or anything similar. There's no ability (without a separate layer of caching) to deploy multiple things at once. For example, if we have 4 pages all with their own datasets, css, etc. we have to publish them one at a time and there will be a short period where things look broken until the next cache invalidation. No way to upload a .csv for things like issuing a number of redirects as a batch.

Drew

Flexible, feature-rich, dependable CMS

I find it as enjoyable to use as a CMS can be. There was some learning curve but once comfortable with the environment it's a powerful and easy platform.

Pros

The CMS is extremely flexible, allowing for a variety of ways to approach tasks. Some useful features that are normally add-ons are built in, like LESS/SASS compiling, Google Tag Manager integration etc. The Parsley template language is intuitive and well-documented. Caching is built in making for quick page serving even if the underlying queries are processing-intensive.

Cons

Parsley lacks user-defined functions which would speed development of server-side code.

Francine

Zesty User

Pros

I have been using Zesty now for 3 years and they are always working towards improving their product!

Cons

With those updates sometimes bugs come but their support team is unmatched and always quick to fix.

JD

Great headless CMS with robust features and support

The partnership team is fantastic, and the software keeps their promises.

Pros

I love the team most of all, they are incredibly responsive and seek input on features. They are quick to make fixes and push updates to meet customer needs.

Cons

Zesty could be a great option for small, budget sites. But their pricing is targeted at enterprise and mid-tier clients. It's hard to choose for a budget-strapped startup that could benefit from it, they'd rather use something that's open source.

ernest

Useful for helping marketting

It takes some time to get marketting on board and set up schemas so that they can make changes without needing engineering but very useful as we no longer need to make verbiage changes and builds for those changes.

Pros

Custom json endpoints allow modifying output to suite application

Cons

Changes aren't always immediately reflected. Can't publish an entire table of changes at once.

Shona

Happy Zesty.io customer

I was part of the decision-making process and early work with Zesty. From there, we've been a business partner for our website product and very happy to partner with Zesty!

Pros

Personable customer support - frequently goes out of their way to identify/troubleshoot, communicate about, and resolve any issues.

Cons

Difficult to edit and manage our asset library

Kevin