All Adobe Creative Cloud Express Reviews

Jason

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Do you struggle to create catchy images that fit your social media needs?

Martin

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

It's all you need for most non-advanced design tasks.

Overall, my experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Express has been very positive. Despite its limitations, it gives me access to most of the day-to-day basic tools I need to do my job.

PROS

The thing I like most about the software is that it provides easy access to the rest of the Adobe products and services. The Creative Cloud Express makes life a bit easier by avoiding the steep learning curve involved in learning the full Adobe suite.

CONS

The app is limited, obviously, compared to the full Adobe Creative Cloud platform. sometimes what you want to achieve just isn't possible with Express.

Reason for choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Adobe Express gives me access everything I need in one application, rather than having to open up several different apps.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

There's a very steep learning curve to Gimp, which I find it hard to get time to learn. Adobe Express helps me to achieve most of what I need without having to look at help files or visit forums to achieve a particular result.

Ontiretse

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Adobe Creative Cloud Express Review 2023-Softidity

My overall experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Express has been a very enjoyable one because the application gives me with all the necessary tools i need to complete my projects, and also the design team always works hard to make necessary improvements and updates.

PROS

Adobe express is like a hybrid created by mixing together the different content creation applications that adobe has, you get image editing tools, video editing tools, cloud tools and many more in one package which is a very good value for money.

CONS

The free features in the application are limited, for you to use the whole power of the app you will be forced to make some payments.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

I loves the fact that I can accomplish more with Express that I can with Photoshop (tool wise)

Gretchen

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Helps tremendously!

PROS

I like all of the added features and designs. I like the ease of use as well as the endless possibilities to create.

CONS

I liked all every aspect of it. If there was one thing I would change, I would make more options of templates

Heather

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Adobe Spark vs. Canva

I started using Adobe Spark as an alternative to Canva. But I found the whole experience not as user friendly as what I can create with Canva. My team ended up going back to using Canva for simple graphics.

PROS

As a Social Media Director I often need to create quick graphics myself rather than bog down a graphic designer with a simple task. I found Adobe Spark, and it's great for just that, simple graphics. You can choose from a large assortment of stock images because they are attached to Adobe Stock, as well as other free stock images on the web.

CONS

I felt it was too hard to make the graphic the exact way I wanted it too. You could change the font only by using a sliding scale, in order to make changes to the text you had to click on the word box and it opens in a new screen. Additionally, the variety and of "shapes" they offer is not as vast as Canva's selection.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

I wanted to see other options out there, but ended up switching back to Canva.

Bandie

Broadcast Media, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

A traumatic experience with Adobe

CONS

I had a traumatic experience with Adobe while I was trying to cancel my subscription. It felt like I was held prisoner. I went through the website and discovered there is no feature that allows users to cancel or pause subscription. So I then opted to go into the chat feature which surprisingly for a tech company, is very primitive and is still in learning mode. So I decided to request for a live chat with an actual person to get me out of my subscription. I went back and forth with three different assistants for most of my day, all three of them claiming to offer me deals that I knew were not deals. I was offered a free month service (which I knew I already had), but they would not address my request to cancel the subscription or even acknowledge it, it was an ordeal for me. When I start demanding for the cancellation and asking that they even email me to confirm the cancellation they suddenly disappear from chat (I can't make this up). By the time I got to the third chat assistant I eventually started threatening him telling him that I had screenshots of our conversation and that I demanded to be 'released from the bondage', he finally succumbed to the pressure. It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had to deal with. My reason for canceling my subscription was that I currently cannot afford to have the service, and the fact that I kept saying it but was ignored is insane! I initially just wanted to pause my subscription if possible, but the way I am so turned off by Adobe service I don't think I could ever get myself into this situation again!

Deborah

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Great bonus if you're already paying for Creative Cloud

Overall it's been a good experience. It's not everything I want it to be, but the price is right, so I can't really complain!

PROS

It's included in the full Creative Cloud, which I subscribe to, so I didn't have to pay extra for it The recent update added MUCH better functionality

CONS

Some of the UI feels a little clunky to me The app is pretty limited It feels like they're trying to compete with Canva, but just aren't able to offer as much as Canva does. I use it, since it's already included in my Creative Cloud subscription, but I probably wouldn't pay extra for it.

It was included in the Creative Cloud subscription

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Hits All The Chords

We had a great experience which we felt was far more economical than hiring an outside entity to do our business cards.

PROS

Adobe Creative Cloud Express was extremely easy to use and yet provided advanced features which helped out as we learned more about it.

CONS

Nothing really negative to write about as it did what we wanted it to do!

Reason for choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Pricing and features is why we chose Adobe Creative Cloud Express over other products.

Garry

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Royal history review of adobe cloud express

My overall experience as been very good - easy to collaborate with others. Publish is very straightforward. Best of all I can switch between express and the other adobe apps. In addition it saves me money as I have now stopped using and paying for Canva.

PROS

Quick on the fly in browser designing so you can design anywhere. There is a lot of support - with cool templates and elements you can't go wrong

CONS

Not so easy to understand at the beginning as some of the tricks are hidden or not easy to see. Also in the beginning there were lots of upgrades which were confusing as some changed the interface.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

I switched as express can integrate other adobe products. Easy to share to my team. Doesn't cost extra money.

St├ęphanie

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Adobe creative cloud express review

PROS

The centralisation of all Adobe applications and the online data storage.

CONS

The need to be connected to internet for its use.

Rayvano

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Adobe Creative Cloud

It's a nice program with lots of features! It can be difficult in the beginning to find your way, but luckily there are many tutorials online to check out.

PROS

It's nice to have different programs all in one.

CONS

With Adobe having many features, it can be overwhelming to get started

Matthew

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Adobe Spark Review

Adobe Spark was a great tool overall and provided me with an array of content for all kinds of social media postings. I had been used to other platforms such as canva but their selection of content was not up to par with Spark.

PROS

Adobe Spark offered me good pre-made content that was easily changeable for my uses. It offered me a hub for video creation, social media content for posting, and a photo collage feature that looks phenomenal on LinkedIn for me to tell a story. Spark easily saves my content automatically so my work is never lost as well, and it's a good advantage they have over their competitors.

CONS

One thing I found to be dissatisfying about the Spark experience was when I was adding music to my videos. It didn't allow me to properly adjust the volume of the music if I had imported my own music. This in turn, did not allow audio to be heard from properly from other media that was imported to the video.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Better selection of content to use and choose from.

Joe

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Finally... a design tool for non-designers!

As a project manager/account director at my company, I like to keep things moving and complete tasks quickly & efficiently. Adobe Spark allows me to create sharp designs for emails as well as banner ads and leave the 'heavier' lifting to our designers. We couldn't live without this tool.

PROS

Adobe Spark puts the power of Adobe's famous design tools in the hands of non-designers and marketing managers to handle the quick and easy creative tasks for various channels.

CONS

Adobe Spark is a fantastic tool for non-designers and market/channel managers. My only complaint is that I wish there were newer templates to choose from.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Better features and designs. Also, Adobe is a trusted name.

Ashley

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Adobe Spark for the win! One of my favorite programs for quick Graphic Design projects!

I have been extremely impressed with this program since I discovered it. It has helped me to make my business more efficient and most definitely aid in getting my designs out much quicker than I had been prior to finding it. Although there are a few areas that can be improved upon, I am extremely happy that I found this software. It is definitely one of my top two choices for all of my graphic design needs. I would most definitely suggest this program to others that do similar work, and even to those that don't, because it makes designing any type of graphic an incredibly less stressful process.

PROS

Adobe Spark is one of my "go to" programs for all of my graphic design needs related to my freelance graphic design business "Detailed Design by Ash". It's icon library without a doubt has one of the largest available free icon options that I have seen in any program similar. You can search almost anything and find numerous icons related to your subject. This definitely comes in handy during projects such as logo design. I have the program in app form on my Android smartphone and found it by chance through the play store. This means that I can do any design project that comes up using only my mobile phone. Another great quality is that their free version is extremely versatile and contains pretty much everything that I needed before I ever purchased a subscription or paid for anything. I was able to create graphic designs for my business straight from my phone without having to spend a dime. They also usually offer a 1 to 2 month free trial when you subscribe, which was an excellent bonus when I began my subscription with them.

CONS

Although the program is amazing there are a few features that I feel could be improved upon. Although their icon library is extensive, their font library is not. Up until recently purchasing a subscription, I used the free app version on my phone and sometimes could not complete projects, or only use some of their features for part of my design due to their very minimal selection of available fonts. Also, the "help" area of the app could most definitely be improved upon. When trying to figure out how to achieve some designs, even after looking through the help section that was available, I was still at a loss at how to complete a certain task. I would suggest having a larger section of "how-to's" in order to make navigating the program, especially for those that are just discovering it, a much easier process. Lastly, I would encourage them to advertise that there is a desktop version available. I used the mobile app without realizing that I could also use my laptop in the process of design because I had no idea that there was a desktop version at all.

Vansh

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Adobe Creative Cloud Express Review

Adobe Creative Cloud is a widely used suite of creative software tools that provides designers, photographers, video editors, and other creatives with a wide range of options for creating and sharing digital content. It is known for its advanced features, integration across tools, and extensive resources and support.Users generally appreciate the range of tools available within Adobe Creative Cloud, which enables them to create high-quality designs and assets across a variety of mediums. The integration between apps is also highly valued, as it allows for a streamlined workflow and increased productivity.However, some users have criticized the subscription model, which can be expensive for individuals or small businesses, and the steep learning curve required to master some of the more advanced features.Overall, Adobe Creative Cloud is a well-respected and widely used suite of creative tools, known for its versatility and advanced features. While it may not be the best fit for every user, it is a popular choice for designers and creatives who require a comprehensive suite of tools to create high-quality digital content.

PROS

Wide range of tools: Adobe Creative Cloud offers a comprehensive suite of design, video editing, web development, and other creative tools, providing a one-stop solution for many design needs.Familiarity: Adobe Creative Cloud has been around for decades and is widely used across industries, making it a familiar and trusted choice for many designers and creatives.Integration: Adobe Creative Cloud apps seamlessly integrate with each other, as well as with other popular tools such as Sketch, Figma, and InVision.Customization: Adobe Creative Cloud offers a high degree of customization and flexibility, with extensive options for presets, plugins, and user interface customization.Collaboration: Adobe Creative Cloud includes tools for real-time collaboration, allowing multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously, which can be particularly beneficial for remote teams.Overall, Adobe Creative Cloud is a powerful and versatile suite of tools that provides a wide range of options for designers and creatives.

CONS

Cost: Adobe Creative Cloud can be expensive, especially for individual users who may not need all of the software applications included in the suite.Complexity: Some users find Adobe Creative Cloud to be complex and overwhelming, with a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features.Performance: Some users have reported performance issues with certain Adobe Creative Cloud apps, particularly when working with large files or running multiple applications simultaneously.Subscription model: Adobe Creative Cloud is only available through a subscription model, which can be a disadvantage for users who prefer to purchase software outright or have concerns about long-term costs.Mobile functionality: While some Adobe Creative Cloud apps are available for mobile devices, the mobile versions are often less powerful than the desktop versions and may not be suitable for complex design tasks.Overall, while Adobe Creative Cloud is a powerful and versatile suite of tools, it may not be the best fit for every user due to cost, complexity, or other factors.

Jean Philippe

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Easy product management, with a price tag

We use CC Express to manage all our Adobe licenses.

PROS

Adobe Creative Cloud Express gives you flexibility to manage all your CC packaged softwares inside a simple and intuitive interface. Managing accounts is easy and updates come often which is what you would expect from such software service. The interface has come a long way since the subscription-only model Adobe has been swearing by for a couple of releases now. Way cleaner and modern, making it look sleeker and less cluttered.After all, it's used to host all of the Adobe flagship and industry-standard software suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Dreamweaver... they all have to be activated in CC Express in order to work and get all the latest updates.

CONS

There is nothing inherently wrong with CC Express, as it works as expected. The fact that it exists is another story though; Adobe now 100% relies on subscription model, and CC Express is its user interface. This forces the user to adopt the subscription model and paying for a software version with periodic updates is no longer available.

Reason for choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Let's be honest: if you're working in any field related to design, it's really hard to go by the Adobe Creative software suite. CC Express is inevitable and necessary, Adobe at least made sure it would be a seamless expeience for users.

Janele

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Adobe Spark is the best way to make high quality graphics for cheap!

Adobe Spark has been a great addition to our agency. All of us at our company are able to simply login to the program, quickly, in order to accomplish graphics in minutes if a client needs them. We use this program almost on a daily basis in order to create graphics for email campaigns, landing pages, social media ads, and so much more.

PROS

Adobe Spark allows me to easily create graphics for my clients on a daily basis. I can easily login on my desktop or my phone and access my recent projects or create a new one. The platform is extremely easy to use and straight forward. It also provides free images and graphics to use for businesses if we cannot find anything in stock imaging. Another nice feature is that it can help give examples of projects if you are lacking any inspiration!

CONS

Since Adobe Spark is so user friendly, you cannot accomplish extremely fine details that can be done in programs like Photoshop. But if you are using this software on a daily basis, this is not an issue at all. To get around this issue, you can always create a detailed graphic in an expensive program and then move it to Adobe Spark in order to accomplish more user friendly adaptations such as adding text or photo edits.

Reason for choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Adobe Spark was hands down an easy choice because of the price! Most features are free, but we made a small purchase in order to add our own logos to photos and have access to projects from all employees of our agency. The price versus the quality content is hands down worth using Adobe Spark over other programs! In fact, I don't believe there are any other programs of this caliber for free anyway!

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2022

The Express Version of Photoshop

Overall, Express doesn't get as much recognition as is deserved for their graphic design software. I would love to see them implement more vector illustrations and adding in features that make Adobe unique like uploading your Photoshop actions and styles to Express. This would be a huge game-changer for Express as many who find Photoshop too complicated or buggy would love to have the option to use these advanced features with the ease of use offered in Express. Also, if they could implement other unique features to Photoshop like cloning, it would be amazing--I could see so many people flocking to this program with these enhanced features.

PROS

I tried this software out years ago when it first became available. At the time, it had its easy-to-use features, but it was lacking in features compared to other competitors. Fast-forward to today and almost everything has changed for the better. Spark (now Creative Cloud Express) offers features similar to Canva and Photoshop blended together. Like Canva, Express now has a paid version with extra features, they have templates and premium (like Canva again), a super-easy way to resize and remove backgrounds. Unlike Canva and other programs similar, Express offers features that are like Photoshop, most notably, the layers feature. You can now see the layers that compose your design, only, it's significantly easier to use than the Photoshop program. There's also a button where you can press to change the design style of the font, and it takes you through numerous style types with a simple click. Also as an upside, you can also see a font preview of your specific text to see what it would look like as opposed to clicking through a bunch of fonts to see which looks best--definitely a time-saving feature. Also, you can change out certain elements like lines with a simple click versus Canva and other design programs where you have to search out the elements and drag them to the photo. This is another huge win for Express.

CONS

I don't like that there aren't as many illustrations and supplemental designs available to use (even with premium). Meaning, adding in vectors like animals, flower wreaths, etc. This is a huge issue in my opinion and why I'm still stuck on Canva for most designs.

Cassandra

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

Adobe Creative Cloud - The Only Design Tool You'll Ever Need

When I first started designing, I was always so intimidated by the idea of creating professional-looking designs because I didn't think I was creative enough. But Adobe Creative Cloud Express has made it so easy and completely brought out a creative side to me I didn't know existed! The templates are beautiful and easy to customize. The library of templates is amazing! There are so many different templates to choose from, so you can find one that perfectly suits your needs. The tools are intuitive and user-friendly and the drag-and-drop editor makes it simple to customize your designs. I've been able to create everything from social media posts to flyers to website banners, and I'm always impressed with the results.

PROS

What I love most Adobe Creative Cloud Express is that it is easy to use with its drag-and-drop interface, has a huge range of features for pretty much all of my designing needs from a massive library of templates to fonts to website design. And its seamless integration with other Adobe products makes it super easy to create high-quality designs.

CONS

Honestly, I haven't found a single aspect of Cloud Express that I haven't liked. It's been an absolutely great tool to use and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Darien

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Adobe Spark offers a simple, online design platform & templates

Adobe Spark helped us facilitate our design process for social media posts, allowing staff without experience with design tools to quickly & efficiently create decent looking graphics. While it can never compete with a fully fledged platform such as Photoshop, and could use to borrow some key features from it's competitors, it offers a basic design tool that can be useful.

PROS

Adobe Spark is a simple, easy-to-use design platform with simplistic features and excellent templates that make social media designs quick and less painful. Perhaps the best feature is the numerous templates - helping alleviate creative blocks and speed up the design process. Clearly made to compete with platforms like Canva, it offers very simple features that help speed up the design process, and makes it simple enough for people with no experience using higher-end design software such as photoshop. With their templates, they help people without experience create good looking graphics in a fraction of the time.

CONS

While Adobe Spark has a lot to offer, it cannot compete with a higher end product such as Photoshop, or even a similar competitor (such as the online Photopea) in terms of features. While they clearly made a choice to keep things simple, they avoided putting in useful features like the magic selection tool that would truly help make this a fully fledged design suite. As well, certain basic features (like selecting objects, moving objects, layers, etc) either don't work as expected, or are completely missing, making more complicated designs impossible.

Heather