• icon"So fun to work with co-workers using this digital tool. Its perfect for creative design teams, trying to visualize concepts together."
  • icon"I love the UX design and how easy it is to access all spaces of the platform."
  • icon"What amazed me about Bluescape when I first started using it was the ease of use when using the user interface, as well as moving around documents in the workspace."
  • icon"Slow, laggy and had the whole team frustrated enough that it was basically useless."
  • icon"I don't like the way PDF documents render when not selected or activated."
  • icon"We just abandoned those features and use with Teams."

All Bluescape Reviews

Fun visual collaboration tool

Great tool for spacial visualization and design collaboration when working remotely.

Pros

Cons

Initially, there was a bit of a learning curve to understand the tips and tricks to optimize use, but after figuring those out, it was fun.

Rachel

Fan of bluescape!

Pros

I appreciate how it's mostly easy to use, some of the updates have been tricky and to be honest I miss some of the old features.It's great to work as a remote team and see things live

Cons

Sometimes it feels really clunky - features I miss that the team overall found useful:Changing font size by scaling up/down the boxAutomatic sized font- It's very hard and tedious to do manually and make work... And having a "template" doesn't work when the content does not paste in to match the formatting.I also REALLY don't like the dots/lines for charts. That double clicking a box or image will duplicate it out. This should be a separate option/function.

Company change

Kiran

Virtual Markerboard for remote working

Pros

Best platform to share ideas over an almost infinite workspace. Helps project planning, collaborative design and idea generation in remote situations.

Cons

Not enough integration with Microsoft apps. Cannot filter or edit excel files once uploaded. Files cannot be zoomed once opened as a presentation

Lana

Great emerging tool!

I love using this tool to facilitate the design process and collaborating through a design process. I do wish there was more flexibility on the visual front: I liked being able to change background color of text boxes.

Pros

I love how I can post various file types in one visual place. It's flexibility is fantastic, especially if the user creates some kind of order/template to work within.

Cons

Conversations or too hidden. Comments are not easy to go through - there isn't a way to grab comments and create tasks out of them... or to integrate into a task managment app.

Reasons for choosing Bluescape

not my choice.

Karissa

Helpful tool

I appreciate using bluescape as we are creating anew product, we are able to put everything in one place and communicate within the board

Pros

I think it's fairly using friendly. I like uploading several types of documents or spreadsheets and being able to have it all in one place.

Cons

I accidentally created a whole board in the wrong size and now I don't have an easy way of making it to the standard zoom that is in there.. So when I add notecards they're the wrong size font

Jelma

Student

Pros

Communicating with teammates and professor. And it is very nice for a group to gather in Bluescape and work together in one document.

Cons

The difficulty I would say is that at first I was struggle to use it but now I am more use to it. And the con is just whenever I try to zoom in and zoom out I always tend to lost my workplace. And it is hard to find sometime. Other than that I like it and I would recommend other students and professors to use it.

Anna

Great Collaboration Space

Pros

This is a great tool to manage a multitude of data under one file while seeing real time changes no matter where you are at.

Cons

Unable to edit Microsoft word docs on it.

Mina

Bluescape for Art College Students

Pros

I like the smart grid and team collaboration feature the most. This allows us to upload our documents on the same page as other classmates and to organize neatly inside the smart grid. I also like how we can “pin” the grids and documents because sometimes, people unintentionally drag other people’s works and mess them up.

Cons

I dislike how the server easily goes down due to heavy access. I understand that this is mainly because of the collaboration feature where many people upload documents on the same page, but I strongly believe that I had better user experience if the pages loaded and scrolled more smoothly.

Brian

It's ok

it does the job we wanted it to do. Being able to collaborate with a whiteboard-style canvas.

Pros

Easily whiteboard with colleges in a structured format.

Cons

Steep learning curve for some users, some features are not intuitive. Recent updates have caused issues with automatic text sizing.

BS Review

No issues really. It is what it is!

Pros

That anyone can use it from anywhere, and that it can hold a lot of data.

Cons

There are loading issues that could be improved.

Bluescape – Digital Pin Up Board (Highly Recommended)

Think I pretty much summed it up. Overall...if you don't have Bluescape, you're missing out. Productivity levels will definitely increase. You'll look like a wizard when you master the features. And the tools/features are simple to understand.

Pros

Bluescape is easy and the features are very intuitive. Once you understand the capabilities, the digital pin up board becomes a think tank of ideas, inspiration, a way to show process and a quick way to present in a creative platform. The best part is seeing the "road map" you've created that leads you through (just have to make sure you be organized and systematic about your placement). You can easily access on your phone, tablet and computer. Bluescape offers a touch screen tv that enhances the user experience to another level of productivity. PDF files can be expanded full screen for professional way to present, comments can be written directly and provides access to allowable users. The tool is instrumental to anyone. The blank palette allows for an endless possibility of creation.

Cons

What I least like about the software is that I didn't discover it sooner. Would've made my job more effective in the past. As Bluescape has added features, my experience has evolved to more complex use cases that can only come with the time you put in. Can't wait to see what Bluescape has in store for the future.

Elaine

Impressions of an new user

I am still discovering all there is to explore in this program but so far, I find Bluescape to be a valuable tool. I have been leaning on Bluescape to provide organizations and collaboration, but it can provide a sense of community to my classroom as well.

Pros

I love the navigational canvas tool. I makes it so much easier to pinpoint items in the space. I would love to see this feature expanded into a folder/group format (similar to psd layers). This way I could group several canvases associated with a singular space. I also love the grid tool. I allows me to present large documents (pdf) in a visual storyboard format in addition to traditional paged document. As a design instructor, I can spread out my lectures to appeal to visual learners. I would love Bluescape to save me a step and be able to break it out into separate pages for me. I am excited about the integration with zoom and adobe suite but have yet to try them out.

Cons

I dislike the limitations in the creative tool such as color, shapes, fonts, pen strokes. I find this very limiting. I need more options to work effectively. I'm hoping that these features are built out quickly, for such a robust program the tools are very basic. I also am not fond of the black space. In certain situations, I'd prefer the option of selecting a white space.

Reasons for switching to Bluescape

I made the switch to test out and compare both of these platforms. I was drawn to the integrations with Zoom and Adobe as I use both everyday.

Tim

Absolutely Indispensable

When we first went remote, it only took 2 days to get my in person teams into a virtual collaborative environment. I was blown away with the ease and speed of the transition. I used the tool sparingly before and now I use it daily!

Pros

I love how my student teams can collaborate and develop their products/services and then their business plans to launch. The tool allows them to collaborate easily and at the same time see what other students are doing.

Cons

Students are initially cautious about any new tool. But, in no time they are working within their assigned team canvases.

Reasons for switching to Bluescape

I liked the ease and speed to make the transition!

Marc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Bluescape for real teamwork!

Why I use Bluescape every single day: It is visual and it’s laid out in the way you want to see it. It is super easy to use. It is flexible. It saves me a lot of time. It’s the best tool to generate real collaboration and innovation as everyone can get involved.

Pros

1. The Visual content of what is shared in Bluescape makes it the most efficient way for everyone in the team to understand and process the ideas. It is well recognized that visual data is processed a lot faster by the brain than text. 2. Teamwork: When everyone can SEE everything, it creates the best environment for ALL to engage and exchange and therefore to come up with amazing solutions/Innovations. 3. Easy to Use: It takes not more than 20-30min to start working with the platform and this is a huge advantage when you want/need to have everyone onboard.

Cons

I don't find part of the platform that I don't like. It augments everything I do/use and I like it.

Kelly

Bluescape Features

It is a unique tool that sets us apart from others in our industry.

Pros

I like how we can organize our thoughts, processes and weekly project lists. It helps us stay accountable for what we have committed to. I love how there are always some enhancements as well as new features added from time to time. I really like to be able to customize colors and fonts!

Cons

I do not like the cursor tracking feature that was added recently. It is very distracting to our team. Would like to know if it is possible to turn this off. I can see how it could be useful when trying to point something out to a remote user while on the phone.

Response from Bluescape

Kelly, thank you so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is helping you stay organized! About shared cursors - you can absolutely turn these off. See this article: https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/shared-cursors-web

Juliane

Great collaboration tool

It's been a great tool for our company. It's been super helpful in letting people outside of our general team get a look into what we've been working on. We started using it very casually, but now we use it to present to other teams in the office as well.

Pros

The canvas lets you create a collaboration area in whatever way works for your team and project best. There are very few limitations, and that really helps with quick updates and on the fly collaboration

Cons

The pen tool is a little tricky. I wish you could draw from canvas onto the picture, but instead you can only do one or the other.

Response from Bluescape

Juliane, thanks so much for your review. Love to hear Bluescape is helping with on the fly collaboration as well as cross-team collaboration and presentations. I understand about the pen tool - I will pass your feedback along :)

Yvette

Bluescape

Bluescape helps us present solutions and manage projects much faster.

Pros

Having a visual of all content in one place.

Cons

I am sure it can do video conferencing, but we are usually in another platform and just end up sharing our screen vs having people join through the session. Now that we have a combination of in person and virtual we need to figure out a seamless way to integrate everyone.

Response from Bluescape

Yvette, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is helping you present solutions and manage projects faster! We do support video conferencing - you can have Zoom or Webex meetings inside Bluescape or use our built-in conferencing. Let us know if you have any questions or check out university.bluescape.com.

Michelle

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Bluescape is essential for remote collabaoration

Really positive. I even had a suggestion for being able to edit comments before they were pinned, and the software developers fixed the problem in like 2 days!

Pros

I like that it allows us to collaborate as designers together, but apart.

Cons

Sometimes the tools (like the pens or erasers) are clunky and hard to find. I know they will be more refined as time goes on. I know this because the tools have gotten a lot easier to use in the last 2 years.

Response from Bluescape

Michelle, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear you've had a good experience over the years and you're able to collaborate together, but apart, with your team. Let us know what other suggestions you have