All Box Reviews

Jolie

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Organized and accessible

Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

PROS

Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

CONS

We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Reasons for switching to Box

Cleaner interface, better user experience, more reliable & capable

Chisom

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

My overall Insight with Box.

With Box,it is simple to organize and manage files and documents.

PROS

It is simple to store files and documents securely with Box.Again,I can quickly share files and documents with Box.It is simple to search and access documents and files quickly.

CONS

So far,I haven't experienced any difficulties with Box as it meets my needs.

Timothy

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Customers not important to box

Discontinuing service. See above.

PROS

Unlimitedspace. With no extra charge. Multiple file types supported

CONS

We had requested flexibility on our licenses since our staff increases and reduces between 90-100 people. Our admin accidentally added licenses before removing some leavers resulting in an accidental increase in the licenses. Box would not reduce the number by 3 licenses even though this was a clear mistake. They tried to make us pay for the remaining period of our 3 year contract. This resulted in a waste of several thousand dollars when we were in cost reduction mode. Canceling. There are many equivalent services with better customer support and lower pricing.

Reason for choosing Box

We will go ack to sharepoint.

Usability

Rhia Roxanne

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Organising Tons of Large Files

PROS

That it's easy to use from different gadgets - laptop, mobile and easy enough to use. I also like that it is not hard to share it with different types of emails whether for work, personal unlike others.

CONS

I can't think of any because most of it's features are really similar others. Apart of course from it's diffirentiator.

Reason for choosing Box

Ease of access for different users like internal team, external partners, and even clients. Also, it's very easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Box

It was hard to collaborate with external partners and sometimes they have a hard time accessing sometimes due to their email address.

Akinyemi

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Backup files to the cloud with Box!

PROS

Has made it easy for us to securely store files. We can easily collaborate and share files and documents with others. Also i like it’s strong security in the cloud.

CONS

It is great for secure file sharing and collaboration, nothing that I dislike towards it.

Leslie Anne

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Document Management using Box

My overall experience in using Box was superb.

PROS

I've been a Box user for about 2 years now and I could say that I really had an excellent experience in using Box because it allows me to work and save my files without worrying about the storage getting full and even if you lost your internet connection while working you can still recover it once the connection comes back. Also, Box is accessible through Mobile phone so it's very convenient when you have something to check on your files and you forgot to bring a laptop. Box is highly recommended, it's the best so far!

CONS

Nothing at all because all the features of Box was all useful.

Abdelhak

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

box the best app that you can use

since I have using the Box app I haven't faced any problems

PROS

I like the box app because its a very easy app and very helpful

CONS

up to my experiences when I'm using the Box app I find it a complete APP

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Box the great tool to keep your files secure

PROS

1. File Sharing and Collaboration 2. Security and Compliance

CONS

The box notes could be more accessible and they are not really used by our clients.

Mike

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Box - easy, effective and secure cloud storage you can totally rely on

Happy I found this years ago. When I was a teacher, I would put student documents online, so they could access the notes later - and they also loved getting teh free introduction to using Box.

PROS

I like the way it integrates. I use it with Trello. I also have a folder of all my details for when I travel, like photos of my passport, tickets and contact numbers. It means I can access these from anywhere if the world if needed.

CONS

Nothing. It's a great product and works really well. There's nothing to complain about with Box

Will

Capital Markets, 51-200 employees

Review of Box

PROS

It is easy to share files with vendors and buyers. Easy to utilize.

CONS

I would prefer a better summary of groups with access and their views.

Sam

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to Use

Overall, very good. We could share large documents for productive collaboration.

PROS

Sharing large documents with contributors in and out of our school district was easy.

CONS

It was hard to get all contributors edit access.

Ernest

Research, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

An honest review of box

PROS

The cloud storage for box is 2nd to none. You are able to collaborate with individuals for projects.

CONS

I think the free version of box should allow for more storage. That's something that can be improved upon.

Emily

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2024

PROS

I liked how easy Box was to use and to keep my files organized

CONS

It was just another software to keep track of. I prefer using other document storage software

Jayash

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Box is the best cloud based tool for businesses

My overall experience with Box is so good; it's work flow is so smooth.

PROS

Actually, most of the time, I use Box for file sharing and content management.

CONS

As of so far, nothing is there that I dislike, but there is just a normal issue of uploading speed, which comes sometime, but that is also automatically solved.

Zahra

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Stable Storage Solution

Its good, overall i have no complaints.

PROS

Its a stable solution. The free plan was good but we moved to Business because that's what we needed it for. So the mobile apps are good, desktop sync is instant and there are no hiccups involving security, privacy, sync, uploads and management

CONS

You can't really move your main folder of storage once it has been set up. I initially wanted it on Drive D, now I wish to move it, but Box doesn't allow it. I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the whole damn thing for the shift to take place. Dropbox didnt have this problem. Yes I use both.

Reason for choosing Box

Got free 50GB initially and then onwards it just stuck with us:) OneDrive seemed expensive too, but now we have Office 365 so OneDrive is part of it.

Dropbox is expensive

Hayley

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

My Life Saver

Amazing. Box has helped transform my organization into a fully functioning team. We use this ALL the time. Any questions? Look on Box.

PROS

Box is honestly one of the greatest organizational tools out there. I use Box several times a day for all of my documents. Box has all major servers (Word, Excel, Notes, ect.) and you can upload anything to it! It also updates with real time and allows several viewers/editors at a time. This has been a MUST during executive meetings. We can also upload any music, video or picture files to share, which is essential for our industry. The ability to make several folders and organize data well is the key to using Box. I have almost transitioned out of using Google Docs completely.

CONS

Honestly, the only issue I have with box is sometimes there are loading issues when working on a file with the desktop. Also I can't find a way to delete old files that have been shared with another person that I don't want anymore.

Reasons for switching to Box

I switched from google docs because the ease of use, ability to work both online or desktop, ease of loading files, and great organizational options that Google Drive doesn't offer!

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Can't imagine running our business without Box

We used Dropbox for a number of years, and we found it very "fragile". Without good access to different levels of security for our team, we would often find files deleted or overwritten by inexperienced employees. Once, an employee using Dropbox's desktop app accidentally deleted our entire list of files and Dropbox had to restore (taking several days). That was the straw that broke the camel's back, so we switched to Box and haven't looked back. It's secure, solid, excellent uptime, and does everything we need and more. Our company stores mission-critical contracts, source files, and other material, and it's locked down only to the appropriate users. We have nearly 7 TB of files from our company's history stored with Box and I sleep great at night knowing they're safe and secure.

PROS

The access levels for intra-company sharing are very granular, allowing us the ability to protect privileged information,

CONS

It's hard to be critical of this tool. Some of the features we never use (notes, for example) seem a little clunky, but I understand they're improving. Those are all secondary, however. The main product itself is unbeatable.

Reasons for switching to Box

As outlined earlier, Dropbox's lack of file-level permissions allowed a company underling to wipe out the entire storage area of our company. After that mishap we considered using NAS only, but we really wanted cloud redundancy as well as local files. Box solved all of our problems that Dropbox presented.

Kavya

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Probably my most used file management software

I've used this while working with a team at a startup and in graduate school now. Highly recommend for both collaboration as well as backing up document and cloud storage.

PROS

Box Sync is the first thing I'd recommend if you don't have that already. It sets up a folder on your local computer that you can treat as a folder just like 'Documents' and it syncs automatically when you're connected to wifi. I also like using Box Sync with Mendeley (reference manager) because it syncs all the docs in Mendeley into a single location on Box, which is great. I can make notes in the PDFs and it syncs into Mendeley so that I can see my comments there as well. The version control has saved my many times because every time you create a new version or save a document, it holds onto old versions. This way if you accidentally overwrite something, you can usually go back into Box online, look at previous versions, and restore the right one. It's also easy to use and isn't finicky like many software.

CONS

Unlike most of my software reviews, I don't have much to say for cons.

Reason for choosing Box

Box seems to have better version control and seems safer to use. You can create custom share links and get notified when your collaborator has accepted the request to collaborate.

Jill

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Box is serving as our One Source for all Collaborative Work

Box has been a positive and timely addition to the tools we use. We moved to Box just prior to the pandemic and it has become a staple for our now hybrid workteams.

PROS

Documents are easily stored and shared through our disbursed team. Having Box eliminates the need to keep local copies of important documents and allow for better control of versions. We have moved all of our Work Instructions and forms to Box for use within our Finance Team and for use by all company members. You can restrict access to ensure only those who need access can have it.

CONS

One thing it took us a while to get the hang of, is locking a shared document while we are updating it. If you don't lock the document, multiple people can access it and update it at the same time. Only upon saving would the team members learn that that we now have multiple copies of the same document and that none of them would be accurate.

Reasons for switching to Box

Box had a better user interface. It seemed more stable and we could share box links with parties outside our organization, to allow for better document control.

Mohammad