• Pros

• "It's calling feature is really awesome and voice quality is really great in comparison to other messengers"

• "The application is very easy to use. Love the search feature and organised clients very well"

• "Great for chatting, calling and screen sharing. Does all this well and easy to use. The under interface is user friendly and easy to navigate. "

• Cons

• "Its a good product but chat doesn't saved for longer period. Moreover sonetimes it auto logged out users."

• "It does have some bugs that need to be worked out, it can crash at inconvenient times but the problem is usually resolved very quickly. "

• "The interface is basic, but the functionality is robust. It would be nice if it worked a little better over VPN."

Browse Cisco Jabber Reviews

Javier from BVS Technology Solutions

The best unified communications application

My experience with Jabber is excellent, no matter where I am, I always have my extension at my fingertips and so I can make or receive calls as if I were in the office. I can also listen to voicemails or access virtual meetings from the same application. This application definitely helps the mobility of people keeping them always connected.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is an all-in-one application, it gives you the possibility of having your extension on your computer, cell phone or tablet, being able to send messages to your colleagues, share documents, screens, access voicemail or even video conferencing rooms. What more could you want?

Cons

There is not much to mention here, with the change of look and feel that they are doing in the new version, the user experience will be similar to Webex Teams and this helps the adoption of the solution. Perhaps the only point to mention is that for some cell phones, the application makes them a little slower than normal.

While it's come a long way from its freeware days, Cisco needs to update this tool for the modern er

Jabber gets the job done for instant messaging, but companies need not worry about their employees getting lost in endless chats with each other. The interface is clunky and unintuitive. Setting a custom status is easy enough, but removing that status is not nearly as easy and requires an Internet search/hack. The emoji set looks about as appealing as AOL Instant Messenger from the late 1990s, and at least once a day I send messages to the wrong person somehow. The lack of avatars is telling, and while it has some integration with ActiveDirectory/Outlook, other products do it better. Its best feature (by far) is the reminder to join WebEx meetings, which doesn't require opening any programs at all. Slack or Skype will give you a superior chat experience, but Jabber is typical of Cisco products with a focus on back-end telephony.

Pros

This product has excellent integration with other Cisco software, particularly WebEx

Cons

Has terrible emoji support; is not customizable in any meaningful way; often send messages to the wrong people due to a cluttered interface

Very Easy to Use

I use Cisco Jabber weekly for calling when my contacts are not available through Microsoft Teams.

Pros

The phone feature is very easy to use as it has a skeuomorphic design where it looks like a phone keypad. Because of this, it looks just like a phone so it doesn't have a learning curve.

Cons

The chat feature is a bit confusing and I never really use it because of it. My organization also uses Microsoft Teams which I end up using for chat instead.

Improvement needed

It does its job - transferring information in a very quick and convenient way. It's easy to find users and reach out to them via chat and/or phone, and also allows for file sharing. However, I would highly recommend changing the interface to something more modern/aesthetically pleasing, and instigating an update that hinders the application from crashing as often as it does.

Pros

Jabber is quite straightforward to use, it's nice having all of the chats lined up in the sidebar so it's easily navigable from person to person. It also has the option of erasing chats if the program is exited out, which is of course a benefit from a proprietary standpoint (less so if you need to reference something that was said, of course). Not a lot of bells and whistles, so starting up the program is quite fast in the mornings, which I can appreciate. Since it's through Cisco, it also easily allows you to call people's work phones through the system.

Cons

While the user interface is straightforward, it also seems incredibly archaic and dull. During start-up it doesn't pull up the main "chat" screen, and instead pulls up a type of "home" screen where you can access your settings/any voicemails, but to actually chat a person (which I feel is the main purpose of this program), you need to search their name in a search bar > click on their name/chat icon > and it pulls everything up into its own separate window, which I find to be a bit of a waste of time. Additionally, when trying to share screenshots (by dragging into the chat box) the screenshots take up the FULL width of the screen, so I have to deal with scrolling back and forth to disseminate all of the information. It also does not allow me to drag + drop (or copy-paste) a received screenshot anywhere else. I have to first download the image onto my desktop. Again, seems like an unnecessary amount of steps. My biggest gripe, however, is that Jabber has the tendency to completely freeze and crash on a pretty daily basis. This has resulted in chats getting lost in the void, or being unable to go back and reference information that was sent mere minutes ago.

Team chatting

We as a team with more than 200 users per day have little issues will any off the dad to day stuff. It just works and works well.

Pros

I like the fact that is can control my desk phone. Working away I can answer my phone with just a mouse click and it pops up in my screen and or i can decline call and it goes to voice mail with just one click. Plus it can do other things like play voice mail and share your screen for quick meetings. Plus it has a Active Directory

Cons

Sometime the LDAP dose not bring over the new passwords when people are forced to change passwords. Than is about all we have had issues wish in 4 years.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

It was more integrated with our phone system and gave us more functionality and better management.

Sara from TIV branding

Incredibly useful for companies that use phones

I use Cisco Jabber daily to communicate and it is smooth and efficient. If your company uses phones (I know there are a growing number of businesses that do not offer phone support at all), I highly recommend Cisco Jabber for clear communication. I have never had an issue with the voice/instant message services in over 2 years of using them.

Pros

I love that when someone leaves a voicemail, it sends a transcript directly to my email. As someone who prefer to read over listen (I know this is an odd trait for a millennial), this greatly improves my work day and allows me to keep working without having to listen to voicemails.

Cons

I find the instant messenger clunky and old fashioned. Let's make the interface modern, Cisco!

Scott from Hospital & Healthcare

Cisco Jabber - A Powerful Tool For Anyone

Currently, we find an uptick in productivity and inter-department communication with the implementation of Jabber, especially after recent months of re-education for users on how to use, set up, customize, and get the most out of the service.

Pros

Jabber is a good looking, easy to use, and incredibly useful tool. It can share screen captures very easily, supports embedded images and emotes as well as "mentions" to bring in others to the conversation, and is updated and supported regularly by Cisco.

Cons

Setting it up to integrate into your Call Manager phone system can be a bit of a bear if you are new to setting up Cisco environments. Thankfully the Cisco support team is very responsive and helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

We have a Cisco environment and the integration with the phones was easy to achieve with our existing infrastructure.

Benjamin from Newtek Technology Services

Excellent business-level communications

As far as chat/messaging utilities goes, you really can't beat this one since it easily integrates with many other cisco software products making for a seamless experience when working with others and communicating with clients.

Pros

It has most of the basic functions to allow easy communication and sharing of documents in an office environment. It also organizes any files making them easy to locate later when needed.

Cons

The history it stores for communications is a bit limited at times especially when you realize you need to go back to review a conversation only to find it was just outside the time limit it saves.

Samson from TD Bank

Jabber as a Desk Phone replacement

The Desktop call quality is great but the interface still have rooms for improvement Mobile option is a nice feature but voice quality is unacceptable most of the time (My firm actually disabled this feature at the moment due to the quality issuse

Pros

Our firm is gradually rolling out Jabber as a desk phone replacement. Overall the experience is pleasant. Voice quality is good. But the UI can tweaked a bit

Cons

- We tried Jabber on Mobile (Android app) but the experience was far from perfect. Voice qaulity was really bad even though the network speed was good - There is always confusion if user has multiple of speakers/headphones. while it is changable through the menu options, I think it should show on the main windows so user can see if a wrong one was chosen and can change easily on the fly - To call a number, we simply need to type the number out in the Jabber window. In our firm, we have many old fashion user that would like to see the keypad and initial calls from there. Also, there should be an option to display a keypad whenever a call is made instead of require manual toggle to show the keypad. Some of our users work require them to make many phone call and then use the keypad to select different options after the call is established

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

It's a Cisco products that our firm would like to combine most communication solutions with the same vendor

Kelsey from Crow Canyon Archaeological Center

Cisco Jabber Review

Overall, it's great to have Jabber. It's very helpful to maintain the integrity of our phone lines and in contact with the public.

Pros

I love that it solved an everyday problem for me and my organization during this time of the pandemic. My colleagues and I are now working from home, but have multiple phone lines that we still need to manage to serve the public. This software allows us to maintain the phone lines without having to go through the hassle of forwarding phone lines to cell phones.

Cons

There were some issues that had to be worked out and it was not a smooth roll out in the office. We have phone lines that roll over to different callers in a different order and we could not figure out how to have Jabber repeat that process. We also have roll over lines and personal lines so we had to set up multiple lines on Jabber, but once we got that figured out it works very well.

Jamie from Tennant Company

Industry: Machinery

Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations.

Pros

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

Cons

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go. One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Alvaro from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

We use Jabber for both work and play in the office

We use Jabber for corporate presence, instant messaging, chat, voice and video calls. It works seamlessly with other Cisco products. And for me, a nostalgic value which reminds me that Jabber has been my go-to messaging platform for decades, and it continues to impress and be a reliable workhorse.

Pros

Initially, I can't believe that the Jabber software we loved back in the University has been aquired by Cisco. It was pleasant news because it signals the more professional maintenance and dev for this much loved software. We use Jabber (then, and) now for our main messaging software. It is easily deployable company-wide or even to small departments and teams for a limited/specialized use case. The UI is pretty clean, lite, fast, and functional. In the office, it is easy to see Presence (i.e., who's online and perhaps ready for a chat). Now the call both audio only or with video is very reliable. It is pretty solid for corporate use. Since this is owned by Cisco, you can expect seamless integration with a host of other CIsco products you may have (e.g., we use it in conjunction with Cisco WebEx).

Cons

Well... aesthetics matter a lot to me.. and Jabber, although has been refined a bit, still needs a more modern look and feel (especially now that there are tons of other messaging platforms available). Just a note though to keep backups of important conversations (e.g., in chat). I have had experience when my old messages got deleted when I leave a chat group.

Jeff from Berkley Tech Services

Overall an adequate chat app with features that tie to Cisco phones and Outlook.

I recommend this software if you utilize Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. It has a lot of features that allow you to manage communication to Contacts all from in Jabber.

Pros

The tie ins with Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones work very well. Popup notifications for meetings and call notifications are clear. Interaction Options selectable from within the individual contact screens are robust. This is most noticeable when you are connected to Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. You can pretty much do anything to conduct or initiate a meeting from in the Contact window. Automatic status changes when it detects your on the phone, in a meeting, etc works very well.

Cons

Lets start with if you don't use Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones you will not be able to leverage many features. In this case, you may want to consider other options. I have some small complaints such as: Inability to make the popups "on top" of any windows when triggered. When you don't already have Jabber chat open the only indicator is the icon on the taskbar is lit. As a deployment: An upgrade of the client is not a simple install-over of the latest client. It requires (thus far) an uninstall of the prior, then install of the current. This forces planning and user notification due to the possible interruption. As mentioned, this ties directly into Cisco phones. User can be hung up on as the client uninstalls and reinstalls if they had a call during this time.

Mia from Synchrony Financial

Cisco jabber is Good however there are malfunctions

The software is great however behind every system operation is a person. My experience elsewhere has led me to believe that a person motives could be good or bad. Before I rate the software as horrible I will question the motives of the one controlling the software within the company. You are the designer and I must admit you've done a great job. How companies use your product is on the company once the product is sold. I've noticed small businesses and employment outside of call centers experience little to no malfunctioning when using your product. Big business and corporations is where I experienced the most software issues.

Pros

Being able to communicate with employees around the world by phone, email, web, messaging, etc. The software is great depending on how it's being used. I've worked with Cisco products elsewhere and find that there was little to no system issues. It's amazing how you can conduct meetings face to face elsewhere by web and associate with everyone in the office.

Cons

The software will malfunction and completely stop performing its duties. Jabber will interfer with how avaya which is a phone system operates causing disconnection in calls and system freezing. I noticed after not using jabber the calls became normal and the system freezing discontinued. I find that a lot of call centers offering work from home positions requires the use of jabber and has implemented the use into company policies resulting in termination if the software is not used however on site employees are not required to use the software. The software can be used as spyware within a security team.

I use Cisco jabber everyday for meeting, chatting , sharing snapshot,sharing screen with Colleagues.

In my daily work life, I discuss my issues , make a call, sharing screen while doing my problem. I can easily talk with any of my colleague with this and share my screenshots of issues and bugs easily with different people. With this, i can see client or colleague's screen to view their issues in better way. I can share my instant status with someone while i am on the call or in the meeting so someone not disturb me while busy work. I can create the group whenever i need to call my colleagues for my achievements sweets or discuss about the good news with them. Share the emoticons with them and let them know my instant mood. Moreover, i can arrange meeting with clients and ping to them for urgent meeting if he/she is available on the same time.

Pros

We can share screen with client and colleague's system with this and ping to anyone which under Cisco connection. We can create the common group , sharing screenshots , use different emoticons etc with this. It helps a lot to us in our daily work. This is simple tool, the laymen also use this with simple way.

Cons

The most least thing about this is which happed to me many times that while meeting with client it automatically disconnected. And also Cisco jabber delete the history messages which i think it worst thing. Sometimes we need to see old messages but for some time stamp it delete the messages. If it stores all the history then it would be lovable.

Rohit from ITC Hotels

For personal instant messaging WhatsApp is there but when it comes to Professio there is Jabber.

Instant messaging with coworker, desktop sharing, sending screen shot.

Pros

1. Small, simple and easy interface for instantly messaging in one in the work hour. 2. Desktop sharing is another cool feature i use it when get stuck somewhere and needed advice of senior. 3. One of the most interesting feature of Jabber that few people knows is Alert when available it;s not like you can not message a person when he is not online you do but sometime you just want to message them in real time then this feature work as charm and you get notified when that person become online. 4.Easy to create group and message them as a whole this feature comes in handy when there is birthday of any coworker and you would like to notify your friends that there is special kind of arrangement in pantry at once but yes you can do that personally as well. 5.Password protected.

Cons

1. Older messages get automatically deleted I think at least till now I have not found a way to restore them back but yes I think there would be the solution. 2. I would loved it if they had this feature alert when offline that is quite similar to alert when available. By this way I can track someone's. 3. Interface is easy at the same time boring.

Andrew from ISG Technology

Jabber is awesome!

It has been great, I like it a lot. Jabber has been a real pleasure to use over some of the other options out there.

Pros

I use Jabber everyday at my workplace and it is a great way to communicate. Here are a few of my favorite features... - Instant Messaging. you can easily add and manage contacts into groups, you can also start a group chat with a predefined contact group. - Like most messengers your status Is visible. You can also set a custom status. - The interface is clean and simple and can be made compact when needed to safe valuable screen space. - Jabber can also integrate with your phone! this means you can make calls though your desk phone. This of course needs to be setup by your organization beforehand. Making a call is as easy as right clicking on a contact and then selecting the call option or even pasting in a number and clicking the call button. - You also have the ability to initiate a screen sharing session which is a very cool collaborative function as well as video calling.

Cons

It can be configured to integrate with Active directory which is a great feature but sometimes when its time to update a password it does not always sync up correctly.

Sanchita from Amdocs

Cisco Jabber - A Professional way of communication

Cisco jabber is helping us to manage communication with in the complete office. It's really a great professional instant message application that help to get connecting colleagues in the instant way.

Pros

Cisco jabber is an instant messaging application that provide the professional environment for communication with in a network . Integrity of Cisco jabber with Outlook & IP is really amazing and provide the real time update with it that other person is busy or on call or in meeting. Group chat is possible where a host can join it with a simple approval or setting the auto-approval. Screen share & Desktop control is also possible with Cisco Jabber. Their is a limited and some professional emojis also which help in expressing the feeling for our words.

Cons

The least thing I like in it is that we can not share the images in group chat. Chat history is also very important in professional world can Cisco Jabber should work hard to fix the bug of deleting the history and images that share on the chat, I will loving if they come up with an option of archive chat so we don't delete or loss our important chat. Their are some annoying default setting that company should fix it by default.

Duaha from Donaldson Company, LLC

Cisco Jabber Review

I work in IT and there has been times when our remote connectivity software does not work. I've had to use cisco jabber to fix issues, but because it needs a system administrator's credentials to do certain things on the computer it kicks me off when the credential window pops up. Asides that, my overall experience with jabber is great. It's not really made to do remote work, but it has that functionality. If they look into upgrading that, I'm sure IT would love it.

Pros

I like how the ease of communication is at your fingertips, by simply typing in a colleague's name and being able to instantly message them. Another feature I really enjoy with cisco jabber is that you are able to share your screen with colleagues and if you need help with something, you can authorize them to take remote control of your mouse. This comes especially handy if you work in IT support and there are issues with remote connectivity. I've had to resort to using cisco jabber to assist staff with issues before. See it as a two in one kind of deal.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that when a colleague shares their screen with me and I take control of the mouse, when asked to enter in system admin credentials it kicks me off and we have to reconnect.

Brad from Computer Services, Inc.

A great way to keep your team communicating.

About two years ago our company adopted Jabber as the communication standard. I feel like it has helped bring us together, and it has made it so much easier to find and communicate with someone in the company. I can look up an employee by name and dial them directly, I can group them by teams, I can see at a glance when I've missed a call from someone. It really has revolutionized the way our company communicates.

Pros

This software has so many features. It has most of the features you'd expect from a chat client (see cons for a few that are missing), but where it really shines is the integration it allows for your Microsoft Outlook and Webex functionality. It also syncs with my phone extension so that you can not only see when I'm on a call, you can also dial someone from directly within the app. It also allows you to control your voicemail from within Jabber. You also have the ability to share your screen and even do screen snippits from within the app. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

Okay, this is kind of petty, but I wish there were more social features. All you get for emojis are just a few still images. I like having animated emojis, GIFs, and memes to communicate with like you do in other communication apps.

Vandana from Deloitte India

Cisco Jabber a great collaboration tool

Integration of Cisco Jabber with Microsoft Office is great and helps in to fetch the meeting details from Outlook calendar. The Android Auto integration is great. The Multi-line allow the user to receive and call over multiple line with complete details of line being used.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is a great collaboration tool. User interface for instant messaging and desktop screen sharing enhance the user experience with its enrich features and functionality like popup notification for instant messages. Newly added emoji in Cisco Jabber 12.0 looks more interesting that add expression to your words. We can manage the group in our contact list. The group chat auto join is a great feature that helps to join the group in case you are not available to accept the group request. Jabber bots can launch the chats and calls.

Cons

We are using the Cisco Jabber from past four years. The search panel for chat is a missing feature and needs to be added. Cisco Jabber should also work on encrypted backup and archiving chat options. It also needs the features to hide the images under chat and should enable the image share on group chat. Groups should also come with history feature.

Something best to use for chatting!!

I am happily using cisco jabber from last 3 years in my office. And I am very satisfied with the features and its intelligences. Thank you cisco jabber team, you people have done excellent work.

Pros

It's has excellent intelligence of framing all things related to chat in a single window like: 1. It shows all the person name whom you have chatted in a column left side of display and at the same time it also shows number of messages that people are sending you. 2. It memories all messages in one to one message form. So user can read it later if needed. 3. It provides the feature to create chat group to discuss anything with many people at a time. 4. It provides the feature to share screen with other user and give read/write access which very useful for corporate sector. 5. Jabber has given many commonly used status like: Available, In meeting, do not disturb, offline..etc and also has feature to customise status. 6. It has excellent features of showing you notifications when particular person becomes available on jabber. 7. It has features to save chats.

Cons

1. Sometimes screenshots sent on jabber gets deleted.

Great Communications Tool

Our department wide use of this application has been slow coming. We had several staff members that were reluctant to ditch their phone and go with Jabber. A few teams decided to give it a shot just among themselves, and after awesome experiences it has caught on like wild fire. We now have more than 90% of our department using jabber almost exclusively.

Pros

This application has allowed our department to ditch conventional IP phones. It has saved us money on hardware, and has provided us the ability to communicate securely within our organization from basically anywhere we have a internet connection. We have this tied into our CISCO phone system so it works just like having a traditional phone. My team has the application on their computers and cell phones. They can answer their calls from both and chat with team members with ease.

Cons

The only minor con is that of ease of use. Like any application, it takes a bit of time to get used to and understand. It doesn't work exactly like a traditional phone would, so understanding the new conventions it requires can take some time.

Bheesam from Ciena

it is awesome, easy to chat, group chat, screen/desktop sharing features are awesome.

i have been using this for more then 3 year and it makes my work like scheduling meeting , chatting with teammates singly or in group very easy. i do not need to look for my notebook or anywhere to find the phone number and email id to contac the person and it can be easily seen in jabber.

Pros

we can see the profile i.e online/offline status, phone number, mails id . Screen/desktop sharing feature is quite easy and consumes less bandwidth as compare to other software like slack. 'Send mail' option is really time saving . User can Customize status according to his need.scheduling meeting and easy integration with outlook are impressive feature, in one click we can see the meetings detail from jabber, can schedule a new meeting .

Cons

i don't see any option like slack where we can use any other app with in the jabber just like we do in slack. on my personal PC i found that history get deleted automatically after few days, there should be option to retrieve the history which got deleted previously automatically. Emoticons are less in Jabber as compared to slack

Yeni from Autodesk

Jabber is a must for the corporate environment.

Pros

Jabber enable everyone in my organization to work efficiently as a group ,even without having to be physically present in the office environment. I love how Jabber effectively combines audio messages ,instant messages ,web conference and video conference into one powerful client on my desktop and smartphone. I love the smartphone app.(Android), it has been a reliable way to stay connected with my team while on the move. Allowing me to join conference calls or dial personal numbers right from my smartphone. It integrates well with Cisco video phone and we recently imtegrated it with Webex,making it easier to launch webex meetings.By integrating with my phone ,I am able to manage my missed calls ,and listen to messages dropped by callers on my voicemail.

Cons

Inability to search my conversation history is a personal grudge I have got with Jabber . Am also wondering why anytime I leave a group ,all of my conversations on the group gets removed.

Cisco Jabber

Use of Jabber has been very positive. When we moved from Avaya to Cisco, it meant we didn;t need to buy handsets for all users. With the addition of Cisco Expressway, remote working has been improved, with the ability to use office numbers from home, without just forwarding the number.,

Pros

Great range of features and can be quickly set up to replace a physical phone. Enables easy access to Cisco's migration path to the cloud.

Cons

Frequent updates can be a pain and no automatic updates. Doesn't always pick the correct headset/mic, even though a default can be configured.

Jennifer from TruGreen

Cisco Jabber

Overall, I am very happy with Cisco Jabber. I would not be able to perform my job duties as effectively without it, nor would the employees that I supervise.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is extremely helpful to be able to communicate instantly to someone else in your company, regardless of what location they sit in. It allows real-time communication, which is far more efficient than email, when you need answers quickly. Also, it is extremely helpful that it has the capability for you to be able to send screen captures to another user, as well as to use screen sharing, in order to determine what is happening on someone else's computer, when they are in a different location than you.

Cons

The only thing that could be considered at all negative about this software in my opinion, is that it can sometimes become a tool used by employees to gossip with one another or complain. This can sometimes be difficult, but the benefits of the instant communication far outweigh any issues that that would bring about.

Lakin from Squaretrade

Industry: Consumer Electronics

I wish my company still used Jabber

I switched over to Cisco Jabber months after the rest of my team switched over to Cisco IP Communicator because I had already used IP Communicator and didn't like it. By using Cisco Jabber, I was able to provide more consistent and efficient support to my customers as I did not have to circumvent technical issues.

Pros

I have used both Cisco IP Communicator and Cisco Jabber. I found Cisco Jabber to be much more user friendly and I encountered very few technical issues when using Cisco Jabber. I continued to use it until my company forced me to switch over to Cisco IP Communicator. I also really love the address book feature that Jabber has, as I would use the address book to quickly call the repair centers my company is partnered with.

Cons

Cisco IP Communicator frequently has issues where the phone will restart continuously to the point where you cannot log in. There will also be issues where it registers someone else as being logged into your extension even though they are not, which also makes it to where you cannot log in. I never encountered these issues with Cisco Jabber, so I do not have many qualms with Cisco Jabber. The only recommendation I can make is that it would be nice if Jabber had a more compact version, as this is one of the few pieces of functionality I like about IP Communicator.

Access to your work phone at any time of day

Cisco Jabber allows me to leave work without worrying that I'll miss an important call or not be able to contact someone from my work extension. It also makes retrieving voicemails much easier with the option to have them emailed to you. Communicating over the phone and staying connected becomes much more convenient with this software.

Pros

Cisco Jabber allows me to call people on my cellphone as if I were in the office. I really like how I can stay connected to those I contact for work without giving out my personal number. I also receive emails whenever I get a voicemail and can listen to them from my email account without being at my phone or dialing in from another phone. It has made the times I need to work outside of office hours much more convenient. I'm not a tech person at all and have found Jabber easy to use.

Cons

I much prefer other messaging services like Slack over Jabber's instant messaging tool. That said, I have no complaints about the phone aspect of this software.

Jamie Anne from Convergys

Powerful tool in the workplace

Overall, I love Jabber's simplicity. Work itself is tedious and it is relaxing to use a tool that is pleasant to the eyes while allowing everyone to connect and get the job done. It is indeed a Unified Communicator.

Pros

I used Cisco Jabber for over 3 years. I worked in a large call center and it was very essential for each agent as it helps us communicate even without going to someone's desk. Call centers are busy and customers could not afford to have unnecessary background noises. I like Jabber because the instant messages, calls and video conferencing are secured. I also love that we were able to create group chats and actually name them and we were allowed to share files, attachments or screenshots. Another plus point is it's MS Outlook Integration. The user interface is also friendly and simple.

Cons

I think Cisco Jabber can improve on its Mobile Application. There were times when it lagged that I had to re-install.

Sukesh from Tech Mahindra

Easy communication tool for texting,sharing screen,audio call,video call

I had greate experience using Cisco Jabber as I use it often in my client meetings,to contact my friends/colleagues/other members through messages,audio call,video call.I mostly use it for group chat where we can coordinate in my work in a better way.

Pros

Cisco jabber has many features which includes messaging,audio call,video call,group chats,screen sharing and etc etc. It allows me to create group and have conversation with them in various ways. It allows me to initiate group chat which is very helpful when we work with various teams/members on tasks/issues. I often use it for video calling with my client,my friends and relatives.We can easily see the chat history and initiate meetings. We can keep various status for example offline,away,online,in a meeting and many other which helps us understand each other in a better way.

Cons

I dont find any cons of such but group video chating could be enabled for better communication

Leola from R&D Systems

Cisco Jabber helps keep us connected, a great tool for effective communication

By using jabber, we can quickly send messages to another colleague who has the information we need or can help us solve problems. An email can be buried in someone's Inbox, but I discovered that Jabber appears to get his attention much faster.

Pros

A quick and easy way to communicate with coworkers without missing a question in an email inbox, It is extremely useful for collaboration and I really like how I can send messages to someone who does not work in my office without having to call them. I like how it does not show if you read the message or not, but it shows up when you receive a response. I also like how easy it is to find people by phone number and see who is available online to chat. It is also easy to sort and see what calls I have received, lost and placed without having to look through my Cisco phone.

Cons

I don't like that once you close out of the jabber room the history of your conversation disappears forever. Sometimes, particularly when it is important and references a work related event, it would be helpful to be able to go back and reference the original source

Cisco Jabber

Overall, I enjoyed using Jabber. It was an easy to use program that allowed interoffice communication. I would recommend other companies use this software for their in-office chatrooms.

Pros

I worked for Bershire Hathaway at National Indemnity Company for two and a half years and we used Jabber for interoffice communication. I found it extremely helpful and easy to use. I liked that it displayed our office status to other users/friends. It was also nice that it connected with our Cisco phones and we could take calls from the computer with a click of a button rather than reaching over for the phone itself.

Cons

The only thing I have to complain about with this software is that a while back they updated the emojis and got rid of several emojis that I was used to using. They have new emojis, but it would be nice if they still had the option to use the old emojis. More choices are better in my opinion.

One of the best tool for organizational communication.

Overall one thing I can say with confidence that Cisco jabber is one of the best tool I came across for IM and organizational communications.

Pros

I have been using cisco jabber from last 4 years and I can say this is one of the best tools for the IM communications within an organization. It offer various other features along with IM such as syncing IP configured phone with the user profile where the users can communicate via IM OR Phone using jabber. Far much better software for sharing screen captures to the other jabber users. Finally one of the best feature that I like the most is group communication where the user can create IM groups with multiple users and share the information.

Cons

Sometimes screen sharing via jabber is slow and the real time sharing of remote screens gets very difficult to deal with but this can be dealt with using network with better speeds.

Syed from Mashreq banks

Screen Sharing & training purpose

Before pandemic situation I was working one of the project it really helps me to view the screen on my testing team and taking the immediate action instead of sending mail and screen shot and analyzing the root cause. And it also help me for implementing training program between offshore and onshore sites. Having said that some times facing some technical problem with PC you can share your screen with technical team to fix the problem.

Pros

1)User friendly option for screen sharing. 2)Easy to take access control while screen sharing. 3)Conferencing facilities available. 4) Coping number from address book and pasting Jabber in dialer. 5) Making direct calls from Jabber. 6) Built-in chat box to communicate with the team 7) option to create the team for group calls and presentation 8) Group Video call facilities

Cons

Currently screen sharing options is available on desktop version same can't be view in mobile. In between Jabber gets auto log off

Sushil from OATI

Great Tool for Team Coordination

I'm using Cisco Jabber from approximate 5 year and it' experience of using it is really good. There is nothing to stuck as anyone can use it with ease.

Pros

This tool is gift for person which aren't willing to go to meeting room as they can attend meeting's while sitting on sest. Screen sharing can be done in group specially remote locations to present live demonstration. Quick turnaround gives edge to conversate quickly. Graphical User Interface(GUI) incorporate KISS principle which helps to use it. Jabber also provide availability status of remote location person so we can conversate accordingly.

Cons

Coversation History or log limitation as sometime we missed some important conversation. Not able to share sceen shots in group conversation. Availability of the person is not as accurate as it should be.i.e. someting idle system show person is available.

Good tool for official communication.

Pros

Working with a reputed organization of more than 2000 people and actively using this tool.Few of the feature i really liked about this tool: 1. Very easy to use and user-friendly. Didn't take much time to understand functionality. 2. Speed is great in terms of messaging functions like jabber call. 3. Desktop sharing is another feature which makes life easy. 4. Search option works well. 5. Other great feature is separate chat window and emoticons.(makes communication light under stress environment) 6. Group creation and adding participants is another great feature.. 7. Customer support is good and available 24/7. 8. Great for inter-office communication.

Cons

Very few cons i faced like: 1. Keeps short time chat history. 2. Little costlier as compared to the other software in the same category.

yana from Verizon

Cisco Jabber Room - Share Room

Chat Rooms allow all our team even in a different countries, zone to participate in this chat. Also we can have a Video Call and share our screen like in WebEx. We can chat with colleagues even when on a call. See the status of others (DND or on call...). We can lunch meetings from Jabber very easy, simple to use.

Pros

We could create a chat room , the idea is to only configure persistent chat settings in these rooms vs. to temporary chat rooms. In this chat everything will stay even if all users will leave the chat vs ad-hoc chat. The chat remains available until removed. We can see all our communication. It allows all our team even in a different countries, zone to participate in this chat.

Cons

Video calling, needs to be improved. Access to old conversations when we are not using Rooms. I can't send screenshots to offline people on our team.

Gulshan from OATI

Easy to use software

It made my so many day to day work easy. Not every time i have to send an email to employees or to go to his seat. I'm completely satisfied with it. Hope for the above bugs or enhancements get fixed soon.

Pros

1. Made my regular meetings very easy with Screen sharing option 2.voice connectivity. 3.Group chats with user defined name. 4. Best one is we can give any user name in chat box so that other can open easily. 5. Categorizes the different user such as development team, HR and managers.

Cons

1.Well one can't guess that other person has seen your message or not. 2. If system is locked and there is some group chat comes then on unlocking the system, it gets hanged and one cannot even get to know what that group is about. 3. In group chat one cannot predict who has created untill creator sends messages. Or in name of group user has to mention his/her name.

Jabber ... "A simply effective product"

It is a very powerful communication tool, because it joins easily with other applications, such as Microsoft, this integration being very useful for any company. At any time we use it to give information to our employees who are online through the chat and it is applied to the whole company.

Pros

Jabber integrates telephone services and thus see who calls and can also dial using the computer, missed calls are seen and voice mails are heard through the computer's email. the user appears in outlook, so we can call or chat with people instead of having a conversation by voice mail, being much better that way. It is a good working tool for instant messaging, linked to our telephone service without opening Outlook, regardless of whether someone is meeting or not, since you can converse in real time, making the conversation easier and more efficient.

Cons

We have problems when adding and searching contacts in the chat; On the other hand, Jabber should be connected to my direct number to receive voice mails and respond faster.

Thomas from NeoGenomics

Simple and effective for the entire organization

Pros

Jabber is so easy to use and has been an asset to our entire organization. Over the past few years we have acquired a few companies and the tool has been a great way to work with our new peers during the integration process. Not only the messaging aspect is great, but to easily share screens and have group conversations at the same time make the tool great for quick training sessions. And with the app you can take the tool on the road which is essential for our business. Nice to have everyone together on one network no matter if they are in the office, at other sites, or on the road. Love how it ties in with outlook and webex to show someone's availability right on their profile.

Cons

Sometimes shows someone not logged in when they really are. But other than that... no complaints.

Convenient and Easy

My overall experience with Cisco is positive. I would recommend it to anyone who works in the office and remotely and also for people who travel for their company.

Pros

I love that when you sign in a small window opens instead of the software taking over your entire screen. In that small window is every thing you need to make phone calls, your contacts list, your most recent calls, voicemails and even a calendar to keep my meetings on. There is also a search bar that you can type a phone number into to find instead of searching your contacts or recent calls list. And I also love the fact of knowing that where my computer is so is my work phone and I dont have to worry about my cell phone being charged for important calls or not finding my cell phone.

Cons

This software does seem to take a little longer to open then I would like.

Heather from Carris Health

Jabber

I use Cisco Jabber constantly throughout the day, daily. It is a great tool to communicate with co-workers when you may not be available by phone. It is very user-friendly. I found it easy to add contacts, as well as set up different groups within my contacts. One of the features I really enjoy is that you can open previous one-on-one conversations and look back at what was said.

Pros

Easy to use Saves one-on-one conversations Easy to do group chats

Cons

It does not save group conversations after the conversation window has been closed.

Anil from OATI

Instant Messenger and Tracker

In office, this is a very useful software. You don't need to come to the seat for any work. Just message the person and get a reply.

Pros

For the following reason, I like the jabber most. The best part of jabber is screen sharing. I'm using screen sharing in my presentation in office so that everyone does understand visually through their screens while sitting at their seats. You can also track the availability of the person through this software. It is showing the status Available if you are working on the system. You can also update the status of the software to Do not disturb in case you don't want to disturb from anyone. You can also create a group instead of messaging single user.

Cons

You need to update the password again, if you have updated the windows password. And sometimes, it slows down the system.

abhilasha from Aricent

I work for Cisco as a network engineer and use Jabber on daily basis. Very simple and easy to use.

My organization is very large that i do not know every person. From this software, i have to just enter his/her name to get his profile and i can reach out him/her quickly. i can share the documents, take snippets directly from Jabber. It's user interface is very simple.

Pros

Simple design of architecture. Quick way if taking screenshot and share. Supported on both PCs and mobiles. So, you can get update even if you are away from your desk. Can reach out any person within the organization immediately. You can activate the notification field set. So whenever, I get a priority case, I get the notification on Jabber. It has cool emojis. You can change the color or font of your chat.

Cons

Its buffer for sharing the lines is very limited. So, you cannot share around more then 40 lines. We cannot share Doc file from this. Recently, it has stopped the feature of making a bot or group on Jabber. Sometimes, it changes the status automatically when you are running it on both machine and phone simultaneously.

Jeffrey from Erie Insurance Group

A good tool for chat and screen sharing.

Cisco Jabber is a good but basic chat platform that works well with existing Cisco phone systems and products. It requires some additional configuration to make it pull data from AD and Outlooks profiles. It helps our team send messages to each other.

Pros

Jabber has many good features including keeping a chat history for each of the users you interact with. You can go back and review what you discusses later on. I also like the group chat allows which allows you to make a chat room with multiple users. It also makes screen share easy when needed during a conversation. It also keeps track of the users status to show presence according to availability. It works well with our current Cisco phone system.

Cons

It does not get all the meta data for users from Microsoft Outlook with it's connector for it. You can't see who reports to who for example like in Microsoft Outlook. It does not have a bot that can set reminders like Slack. It does not have an open API for sending messages from other systems.

Aaron from United Health Care

The best software for network communication in large companies!

I use it daily to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, attend meetings, send screen shots of current work loads/issues and can make calls from the same platform. 10 out of 10.

Pros

Jabber allows you to instant message, screen share, voice call, host voicemail and screen grab all through their application. For remote employees, long distance employees and global companies there is no better software. With a USB headset you have the ability to make calls, leave messages and can follow up with instant messages when the user is online. It is very similar to the AOL chat system in the 1990's, but has the technology of 2019 that makes communicating with a team easy.

Cons

No cons. Managing a group chat, connectivity and easy to understand online/offline appearances make Jabber an incredible program. Nothing better out there.

Daniel from Best Buy

Great Chat

We have had great benefits from track our chats, and static group chats that users can jump in any time they log on and see what they missed. When troubleshooting a users computer or other issues we have to use Microsoft Lync because that allows screensharing and is better for screenshots and excel table pasting than Jabber

Pros

I love that it keeps track of what was said and also saves chat rooms. Additionally, you can also have messages go while offline. This is great for an environment where people check e-mails at any given time and you don't want to bog them down with a simple item that comes to mind that can be taken care of the next day. We use it for team chats, reminders, and keeping a log of what was communicated.

Cons

This software lacks the ability to insert screenshots easily (can be on in 1:1 chats, but not group chats) and also doesn't allow screenshare (that I have found yet). We have to use this in addition to other software for troubleshooting-- this is a great chat only piece of software.

Scott from Grundy County Memorial Hospital

Cisco Jabber is our primary means of keeping up with one another in the office.

This software is very useful and more secure than other products like it, and it's really a fantastic way for team members to remain connected to one another.

Pros

Jabber is a fantastic way to contact someone unobtrusively. You can see their status if they are Away, in a meeting, or on the phone. If someone tries to call you while you are on the phone, you can drop them a message in Jabber to let them know, or they can send you a message without trying to call first. You can send image, attachments, and even emojii characters.

Cons

The initial cost and setup is a large drawback. Configuring the software to work with the phones requires specific settings on the phones through Cisco Call Manager to be set properly. Thankfully Cisco has a very talented support team that can help walk you through any of the initial set up pains.

Suresh Kumar from Medtronic

I use Jabber for Instant Messaging (IM) on official purpose.

very useful for IM and desktop share with other team members.

Pros

Jabber is very easy to use and it shows all the contacts grouped as our comfort. we can view the contacts profile, online status, we can tag the contact to get alert when contact comes online. Also, there is an link on contact to send mail or meeting through webex. we can update our profile name and profile data and preferred display name. the screen share feature is very useful especially in collaborative project teams spread at remote locations.

Cons

i had used Microsoft Lync earlier. I did not see any difference between these two except couple of minor observations. I did not see "call the contact" option in Jabber. Also, Jabber will not show the number of days the contact is offline and till when the contact is busy.