• icon"Deltek vision is very good software to use to handle many database simultaneously. During that work we can easily filter the important data."
  • icon"Customer Care Support is excellent. Like everything else, the more time you can invest, the better off you will be."
  • icon"Tech support has helped resolve issues in most all cases. Response is generally good via chat and resolution has been fairly quick in most cases."
  • icon"I have found it very challenging to work through self teaching tools. Unless someone has the time to teach you how to use the features it is time consuming and somewhat frustrating."

All Deltek Vision Reviews

Nereida

Important business data in real time.

I am using Deltek Vision to identify problems affecting the performance of our company and hinder the successful implementation of some projects. I am also taking advantage of useful features to improve performance and complete projects successfully.

Pros

What I like about Deltek Vision modules are purchasing and asset management because they allow me to track purchase orders and fixed assets; It helps me to get new business, improve performance and optimize the operations of our company.

Cons

For some people within the company's user interface it is not always so friendly and does not have much ability to change the screen size. In addition, it may not be ideal for companies that only require specific modules, since all the modules are included in the software.

Elizabeth

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Adequate, reliable. Not as user friendly as others

When using Vision, it was very adequate. However, now that I use Monograph, I see how much more capability Monograph has and how user friendly it is.

Pros

It does its job. It's reliable. It has functionality especially for management and accounting departments. Overall, it's a solid program with proven results and a user base that reinforces trust.

Cons

It's a bulky program compared to the web based program I use now. It wasn't compatible with some browsers so I had IE just for timesheets. User interface wasn't the most intuitive and customer service wasn't built in. Therefore I had to ask my accounting manager for her to contact customer service with questions.

Reasons for switching to Deltek Vision

Excel really isn't set up for the kind of workflow the office needed. Vision is much more catered to timetracking and accounting.

Chiara

Industry: Environmental Services

November 2022

Nice tool but need revision

I have started using deltek recently. It looks like a good tool but a bit old fashion and needs a polish. It has been recently added a dashboard to see project progress and this is very good.

Pros

I have learnt recently how to use deltek. It is a software with everything on it to calculate fees and scheduling resources.

Cons

It needs a very good training to be able to use it. It has bugs and sometimes crashes. You need to insert all fields otherwise you do not get the wanted outcomes. It is not so intuitive.

Tiyana

Industry: Environmental Services

Vision to Vantagepoint

We were using Excel for timesheets so having time and expense in one place and tying into our business process is wonderful. We also have the ability to get nice reports.

Pros

The software helps streamline some of our processes.

Cons

Not easy to navigate through CRM but here to learn.

Reasons for switching to Deltek Vision

We were told our company was too small for QB and it was recommended that we move to Great Plains. Took a minute but then moved to Deltek Vision in 2009

Jun

Effective but not efficient

Pros

It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

Cons

It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

Reasons for choosing Deltek Vision

Broker/representatives from the old software switched and were selling this program.

FMS no longer available

Ifeoma

Deltek makes us better manage project budget.

Pros

Deltek is easy to use ,thanks to the intuitiveness of its user interface. In time past we overly expended on projects to the extent that we crossed project budgets ,and thereby missed key project milestones. Since switching to Deltek over a year ago ,we have been able to better follow through with project budgets without overspending. Obviously having project planning, business development and Accounting together into one platform was very much helpful. We have been able to customize the Deltek Workflow to fit into the personal needs of my team ,thereby making much more effective.

Cons

From experience so far , Delteck Vision expense reporting is flawed in the area of mobility , receipt uploads ,and ease of customization.

Jagruti

July 2022

Deltek Vision REview

i like working with Vision, once you get use to it it is very user freindly

Pros

i found it easy to use. even though this software was way too complex for our company . i found if you use it to the max ,its a great product

Cons

help desk is quite complex. and having a third party for training became quite costly

Reasons for choosing Deltek Vision

i believe that is was a software which was suitable for our company and had time and expense, accounting and CRM all in one

Adam

June 2022

Deltek - Vision

The biggest impact we have seen is the compressed time is takes to get invoicing out. With the time entry happening on a daily basis into Vision, we can generate invoicing in half the time.

Pros

What we have found most useful in Vision is Time Entry to specific projects and the resulting monthend billing. It is a seamless process.

Cons

The project Management module is geared towards bigger projects than we work on. Would be nice to see a scaled back version for a firm of our size.

Daisy

I manage projects very easy

Great!

Pros

It is a very good platform that allows us to keep up with our projects without any problem. I think the reports that this facilitates are very efficient and quite useful

Cons

between projects it is sometimes very difficult to differentiate between projects, that is, to separate work and make it look different from another project. But in general lines I have not had any problem

Jack

Deltek Review

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and allows everyone the ability to use it.

Cons

It is basic in nature so there is not much diversity allowed in the product.

Rhonda

I'm a believer in Deltek Vision

Pros

We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so therefore understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable through PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.

Cons

Although I live and breathe Deltek Vision, numerous people at our firm just can't grasp the details and complain that it is not user friendly. The learning curve seems slow for some people to overcome, actually many people, but once it's figured out, there seems to be high value in their usage. I like the custom reporting tool but my users find it so difficult that most refuse to use it. I think the most successful firms will have a Vision expert and a strong IT (SQL, reports) and application team on staff. If not, you probably would need a consultant. My team has been able to keep everything in house to date.

Twelve Years as a Deltek User

In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not). Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues. I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

Pros

The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

Cons

It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

Tony

See your Vision with Deltek!!!

This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

Pros

Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

Cons

The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

Susan

Used Vision's General Ledger primarily in my role to produce month end and year end financial stmts.

Pros

The general ledger was easy and logical for an accountant. The work breakdown structure allowed for reporting consolidated reports as well as subsidiary level, office level, and departmental reports. Vision handled large amounts of transactions and data efficiently. Vision offers functionality to do time sheets and expense reports remotely. Vision has great security features that can remove access to certain areas or information based on an employees role in the Company. It is easy to remove rights immediately when employees leave the Company. In addition, roles can control who can make changes or post transactions. Vision allows for automated reporting. For example, an Accounts Receivable report can be automatically sent to an employee's email on a scheduled basis.

Cons

The software is not logical for non-accountants. The software is primarily for A'E firms but very difficult for those users. Most of the engineers are unable to write and run project reports. When they do get a report, the report isn't easily understood. The software is difficult to support internally and requires a database specialist to get maximum value. Vision contains a massive amount of data but the canned reports do not always offer the different types of data in same report. Unless you can write custom reports, you will have to pay expensive consulting fees.

Debra

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Searching for data results in quick results, good report generation feature, easy to edit.

Information about each project such as who is the PM, lead architect, lead accountant, project location, legacy data, status, etc. is essential to our business. We can easily search for all current projects in any city, state, province, country. Our PMs use this to keep track of payments, invoices, employees assigned to the project, budget data, and documents stored on our servers can be linked from within a record. We can view other projects for the vendor or client.

Pros

It allows me to have three databases open. In my case, Projects, Employees and Timesheets. It's great to toggle between them without having to log out and in again. Data retrieval is quick. It allows me to search for very specific information so my results don't overwhelm. Data access is controlled at the user level so people cannot edit fields without proper permission. Before Vision, we used a database that contained project numbers that were preserved in the Vision database. So if we need to look up project data based on the old number, we are able to. This saves us a lot of time.

Cons

It is difficult to learn this software on your own beyond searching. There are so many features that allow us to look at the data in several ways. Most of those ways are unknown to me so training is required. I would suggest that companies provide proper training before implementing it firmwide to avoid frustration.

Imran

A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features

Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

Pros

Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators – from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the company’s resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

Cons

A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

Sandra