• Pros

• "I love this product. The maximization of all of aspects of accounting in one software. The ability to create specific reports is great."

• "I have used Vision and several different companies and it has been a great experience every time. Very user friendly, they listen to their customers with improvements to functionality."

• "The interface is very user friendly and allows everyone the ability to use it."

• Cons

• "Sometimes it’s slow and cumbersome, but it’s a growing process"

• "The cost of the software program. Although it is a very good program, it may not be suitable for all companies if they cannot afford it."

• "The customer service is a bit lacking, however it has gotten much better over the last couple of years. The price tag is pretty high too."

Browse Deltek Vision Reviews

Imran from Institute of Business Administration

A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features

Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

Pros

Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the companys resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

Cons

A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

Great tools for Project Managers

I believe this program is a significant upgrade over my firm's previous time tracking program. We should see the benefits within several months.

Pros

This is the second iteration of Deltek that I have used and there have been great additions since the last version I used. There are so many great tools for project management and tracking performance metrics. I particularly like the ability to schedule your work and availability -- this is great for work sharing with different offices/teams.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to get yourself up to speed using all of the programs capabilities, but there are good resources and tutorials available to make sure you are getting the most out of the product. If you are only using it for timesheet purposes, I am not sure it is worth the extra cost.

Tiyana from Carlson Environmental

Vision to Vantagepoint

We were using Excel for timesheets so having time and expense in one place and tying into our business process is wonderful. We also have the ability to get nice reports.

Pros

The software helps streamline some of our processes.

Cons

Not easy to navigate through CRM but here to learn.

Kevin from Jones & DeMille Engineering Inc

Industry: Civil Engineering

Comprehensive software solution, but plan on building your processes around it

I've been the Vision champion in our organization since 2008 when we began to use it. Vision has been steadily improving over the past 10 years and also been getting left behind in innovation. Over our time with Vision we've evaluated other software at a few points and have not found a single solution that can provide a similar integrated experienced. The power of Vision and the reporting is built on Microsoft's SQL engine, but it does require users to be invested in learning it's use to get the most out of it. Without proper time devotion, training, and some trial and error it does leave users frustrated. Along with the power of the product comes a lot of over-complication and reported amounts that often aren't as expected or isn't fully explained or clear on where the data is coming from and what it means. This is probably the primary problem with Vision in my eyes - data labeled in one area of the program isn't the same as data reported under the same or very similar label in another part of the program. The end user experiences and ease of use is greatly lacking, but should be vastly improved as Vision is (finally) becoming modern and migrating from a .NET platform to a HTML/web-based platform. This upgrade shows promise of having better end user use and intuitiveness. We are hopeful that Vision will continue to be a tool for our company for many more years.

Pros

Powerful reporting and a mostly, all-in-one solution for managing our firm and projects

Cons

Usability. The lack of a user to be able to sit down with the product and pull the data they want without significant training. Data reported is calculated differently in part of the software - revenue in one area is actual billed amount while revenue in another is hours worked times billing rates.

Shawna from HKS

Performance

Unfortunately, our reporting issues over shadow everything else.

Pros

In general, it meets our needs but it does seem that we are always being asked for customizations by our users that is not presently available.

Cons

Reporting performance is awful! We have had a consultant come out at least twice for an overall health check and recommendations and in my opinion we did not get a lot of value from this. It takes a ridiculously long time to run many of our reports and it's a constant source of pain for both the users and those of use who support the product. We have worked through all the troubleshooting steps that have been recommended and it's still an issue. It seems that anyone I talk to from larger firms all have the same issue. It feels as though Deltek works well for small-medium size firms but not larger global ones.

Ginger from James Gores and Associates

Monopoly

We've been doing business with Deltek now for around 20 years. If another software company develops a competitive product with full project basis accounting at a reasonable price, we'd probably switch, if they have a good customer service team. Nothing beats the ability to just pick up the phone and call.

Pros

deltek allows us to track our time and expenses on a project basis. We can achieve time tracking, billing, and General Ledger activities within one software.

Cons

Deltek Vision is built for large organizations. It is cumbersome in a small office setting to maintain all of the text libraries. The customer service requires that you submit a case online if you need assistance, and then wait for a response, which oftentimes is not timely.

Stephen from W.C. Ralston Architects LLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall, love it. In the past, had to use an additional program for billing.

Kelly from Holt Consulting Company, LLC

Industry: Civil Engineering

Loving Our Deltek Vision!

Pros

We love the ease of use and ease of use for employees who have absolutely no technological experience

Cons

We know that it has a ton to offer but we don't know how to utilize all of its offerings.

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Vision

Because the boss was the most familiar with this one and we thought it would be the best overall solution for our company needs

Kristy from Draper Aden Associates

Vision vantagepoint

Just moved to lower level billing. Love it,

Pros

Ability to customize to companys needs. User friendly.

Cons

I hate that the help button is located with the other options on tool bar. It would be great to separTe that.

It works, but isn't a great user experience.

It feels like software from the mid 2000s. It works, but is clunky and unpleasant. I find myself going through many unnecessary clicks to accomplish common tasks. E.g. When entering a comment for a task e, i need to type it, click in a separate comment box to ensure it's saved, and then only can I navigate away. I don't think they would be in business long if they launched today without their existing legacy user base.

Pros

It accomplishes the task it sets out to do. It logs time.

Cons

It has an outdated user interface, and the navigation is not well thought through.

Rhonda from Dewberry

I'm a believer in Deltek Vision

Pros

We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so therefore understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable through PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.

Cons

Although I live and breathe Deltek Vision, numerous people at our firm just can't grasp the details and complain that it is not user friendly. The learning curve seems slow for some people to overcome, actually many people, but once it's figured out, there seems to be high value in their usage. I like the custom reporting tool but my users find it so difficult that most refuse to use it. I think the most successful firms will have a Vision expert and a strong IT (SQL, reports) and application team on staff. If not, you probably would need a consultant. My team has been able to keep everything in house to date.

David from Hacker Architects

Twelve Years as a Deltek User

In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not). Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues. I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

Pros

The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

Cons

It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

Tony from Concentric

See your Vision with Deltek!!!

This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

Pros

Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

Cons

The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

Susan from Civil Engineering

Used Vision's General Ledger primarily in my role to produce month end and year end financial stmts.

Pros

The general ledger was easy and logical for an accountant. The work breakdown structure allowed for reporting consolidated reports as well as subsidiary level, office level, and departmental reports. Vision handled large amounts of transactions and data efficiently. Vision offers functionality to do time sheets and expense reports remotely. Vision has great security features that can remove access to certain areas or information based on an employees role in the Company. It is easy to remove rights immediately when employees leave the Company. In addition, roles can control who can make changes or post transactions. Vision allows for automated reporting. For example, an Accounts Receivable report can be automatically sent to an employee's email on a scheduled basis.

Cons

The software is not logical for non-accountants. The software is primarily for A'E firms but very difficult for those users. Most of the engineers are unable to write and run project reports. When they do get a report, the report isn't easily understood. The software is difficult to support internally and requires a database specialist to get maximum value. Vision contains a massive amount of data but the canned reports do not always offer the different types of data in same report. Unless you can write custom reports, you will have to pay expensive consulting fees.

Debra from CallisonRTKL Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Searching for data results in quick results, good report generation feature, easy to edit.

Information about each project such as who is the PM, lead architect, lead accountant, project location, legacy data, status, etc. is essential to our business. We can easily search for all current projects in any city, state, province, country. Our PMs use this to keep track of payments, invoices, employees assigned to the project, budget data, and documents stored on our servers can be linked from within a record. We can view other projects for the vendor or client.

Pros

It allows me to have three databases open. In my case, Projects, Employees and Timesheets. It's great to toggle between them without having to log out and in again. Data retrieval is quick. It allows me to search for very specific information so my results don't overwhelm. Data access is controlled at the user level so people cannot edit fields without proper permission. Before Vision, we used a database that contained project numbers that were preserved in the Vision database. So if we need to look up project data based on the old number, we are able to. This saves us a lot of time.

Cons

It is difficult to learn this software on your own beyond searching. There are so many features that allow us to look at the data in several ways. Most of those ways are unknown to me so training is required. I would suggest that companies provide proper training before implementing it firmwide to avoid frustration.

Sandra from Rice Engineering, Inc.

Vision Review by Accounting

Vision has good features and is lacking in some features. Vision used to be able to alphabetize A/R Statements when we initially started using it. Through upgrades, Vision lost that feature that we found valuable for our billing process. Vision is lacking in end of year reporting functionality. For example, end of year 1099 functionality is lacking. States require the account id assigned to companies to be reported on 1099s. Vision is currently unable to print accurate paper copies nor is it able to provide an accurate electronic file. Customer support was not able to help me and I had to manually edit the electronic file in order to have a 1099-MISC that would pass our state's criteria. Vision does not provide reporting for form 1099-INT which I need for reporting interest on shareholder payouts. Financial reporting is lacking some. Balance Sheets typically have Assets on page 1 and Liabilities and Equity on page 2. I have not found a way to easily achieve this with settings in Vision. I have employees that would like to be able to review their payroll withholdings and paystubs at any given time, but are not able to do that. At times, Vision is disappointing for the Accounting department. At other times, it is a rock star for us.

Pros

Integregrates the engineers project management with accounting reporting.

Cons

Payroll tax/End of Year Tax Reporting is lacking.

Jun from RMA Architects Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Powerful yet not so user friendly.

Not so user friendly, too much steps to get one voucher in. Entering description is not so easy and flexible, keep getting too much error message.

Pros

Biggest help is that It has WIP feature where we can keep track or our work in progress without outsourcing to vendors. It offers full accounting functions.

Cons

In the reports, info are not easily accessible with clicking the items you want to see. VIsual weakness where it does not disclose all info in the window and cannot adjust borders left or right to fully expose all info...always need to use left and right scroll to enter or see the whole line.. voucher and invoice number too short, can't fit long numbers, All the modules are not available...can't tell if other modules that we don't have licenses are useful to us or we need it if we don't know how it works or what it can do,,,,it doesn't give trial period like quickbooks or peachtree where we can test it for short period. Reports are too much options but doesn't have options that allows us to see more clearly. Visual really too messy...would like to see simpler and clear reports.

Rob from Danielian Associates

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Could build an aircraft carrier with this software or use it to run a small destroyer, depending on your needs.

Overall as compared to the other 5 ERP systems I have used over the years I have to say Vision is one of the best out there, especially for project oriented tracking. Deltek is also a company looking for improvement and advancement within their programs. The new generation they are working on to Vision takes the program to a very modern and more robust place. Great things are coming!

Pros

Has the ability to be customized in many ways to improve functionality and process routine tasks behind the scenes with workflows. Great when you want scheduled reports to be pushed out to staff on a regular basis, can be either be emailed or sent to a dashboard. System is fairly easy to use and navigate once you get the hang of it. However, the size and capability can be off putting if you give too much access to none power users.

Cons

Although there are many reports and lots of options within each report they can also be limiting. For example if you wanted to run an A/R graph for aging you can only choose three options (Current, 30, & 60 days). Therefore if you have five options (Current, 30+, 60+, 90+, 120+) you will need to run two graphs to see all the info. However, if you have someone who know SQL you can design and write your own reports which is a plus.

Katherine from KatherineNixon.com

Deltek Vision ERP Implementation needs an onsite professional

The controller left December 31st. The company went live February 1st. I began February 6th and I had never seen Deltek Vision before that day. Deltek Vision is a powerful, project management software which can help you have almost real-time visibility into all aspects of your business. Hi, my name is Kathy Nixon and I am a CPA, a PMP, and a professional coach. Post-acquisition mergers of systems, processes, and teams is my niche. This assignment had me serving as interim corporate controller of a $130M+ Revenue company who was merging its three companies currently on Quickbooks all into one system, Deltek Vision. Greatest take-aways: 1. Designate a Subject Matter Expert. It can be a Deltek Vision consultant or a third-party consultant with heavy Deltek Vision experience. 2. Develop a Steering Committee across all company disciplines and meet weekly. Decision making and joint buy-in is important. 3. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate. Communication to all areas of your organization is imperative to the success of the implementation. 4. Train, review, test, train some more. It takes a village to raise this child. 5. Designate or hire a project manager. For success, you need someone focused on all areas of this software's implementation. Setup, testing of setup, training, input, verify input accuracy, invoicing, collections, accounting and financial reporting. 6. Expect 6 months (to a year) before everyone is onboard. 7. Develop a budget which includes 5 times the software's cost. Yes, five times. It is a pay me now or pay to correct it later proposition. Good luck! Wishing you success. Let me know how I can help.

Chelsee from Andrews Engineering

Deltek Review from a billing standpoint

Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.

Pros

The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision. It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful. It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.

Cons

It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming. You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed. I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.

Joel from CloudFactory

Deltek Vision Review

It makes planning for business finance simpler. With an amazing interface (dashboard for quick access), you can make plans and generate detailed reports needed for decision-making.

Pros

When it comes to everything accounting, this tool is reliable and effective. You can effectively manage budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue report and financial forecasts. Financial planning requires accuracy and detailed info and therefore, it can be daunting when you are dealing with several projects at a go that require planning. This tool saves you all the trouble and helps you plan accordingly . Secondly, it makes organization pretty simple. You can determine which of your staff are suitable for a particular project based on previous reports detailing their performance on the project. You can also get to the root of issues because everything is pretty much detailed. Businesses have ups and downs from time to time and having a tool that helps you get to the bottom of hindrances is an added advantage. It guarantees you great and reliable insight with features such as payroll, mobile app, expense management and client invoice among others.

Cons

Though it fully covers planning for business in nearly all aspects, I'd really ask that they check out resource planning. Document implementation shouldn't have hitches at all. That also should be checked.

Sue from Omega & Associates Engineering Ltd

Deltek Vision - Wonderful Program to Control & Grow Your Project Based Business

Deltek Vision is a work horse of a software program. Its functionality is extensive and requires a full time person to be invested fully into set up and maintenance of the many features available. We find that we aren't able to use many of the great features simply because we don't have the time to explore and learn them all. Reporting features are fantastic and so useful in project management. Highly recommend this program for any project based company.

Pros

The reporting features are so inclusive that you really can get any info you need at the click of report once you have them set up.

Cons

It relies on accurate entry of data so I can't even say that there's a negative about the software just that you need consistent processes of input in order for the features to work efficiently.

Jeanice from Kuhlmann Design Group, Inc.

My Experience

Overall, Vision is good. One feature I do not care for is the reporting and the fields are not in alphabetical order. I love the advanced search feature in reporting. I love the A/R transaction input experience where you just pull the invoice and it puts everything in. That is outstanding. Timesheets is another great feature of Deltek. One thing I feel needs to improve is the A/R search under the Accounting Tab/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review, if you don't know the invoice number and search by client, it pulls all projects for that client. It should only pull those projects with outstanding A/R. I don't care for the customer service thru the help. Calling was much better.

Pros

The A/R transaction entry, the advanced search in reporting, timesheet processes.

Cons

The project reporting list of fields not in alphabetical order when you are trying to create a report. I know you can sort but it would take that step away if it was automatic. The search for an invoice number under Accounting/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review.

Stephanie from VCBO Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Deltek Vision has everything an A&E firm needs to run its daily business. From project planning on.

Pros

Everything that you need is in one software program. You can plan a new project, see which employees are available to sssign tasks to, and run payroll all with out leaving the software. Reports, including custom reporting, is quick and as easy as selecting what you want the report to show and hitting preview. From there you can print or save as either a PDF or as an excel spreadsheet which makes the reports even more versatile. With the addition of iAccess it's helping the 'away-from-the-office' employees be able to check time sheets and project info from anywhere.

Cons

The learning curve for implementing features not previously used is a little steep. There's not a lot of "free" tutorials for setting up features to begin with, although you can find quite a bit of information about using features once you have them set up correctly.

Leigh from ECS, Inc. - ATC Associates

Review of Vision

I used Vision from July 2007 thru the present, my company was bought out last fall and we are forced to switch to BST as our accounting system. Vision is infinitely superior to BST. BST is an abomination it takes twice as long AT LEAST to do anything. I wish we could continue to use vision. It was more flexible, intuitive and efficient.

Pros

It is intuitive and versatile and could be used to meet our customers needs.

Cons

Compared to BST which I have to use now I love everything about Vision. When I had not experienced the contrast I would say there were some fields that you typed in that you had to expand to use and that was a nuisance. Or that in interactive billing there is a lot of gray space that I would rather see my data in. However, I had ever used BST before I would have be thrilled to open the screen to change the notes instead of 5 components to do one invoice.

Jun from RMA Architects Inc.

Effective but not efficient

Pros

It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

Cons

It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Vision

Broker/representatives from the old software switched and were selling this program.

Diana from TRC Companies Inc.

Great product, customizable and great support

Centralized Project based accounting and reporting.

Pros

The customer support at Deltek is great, they are always available to help you out with questions you may have wither technically or application use. Vision is also customizable, they have a talented staff that is able to help customize the software to your business's needs. Standard out of box features are easy to use and the company is always looking for input from customers to improve it's use.

Cons

It get a little bit more on the cumbersome side to use if your a larger company, although I feel like this might in part be due to our customization of the software as well. As mentioned in my Pros, Deltek's support staff is always helpful in any situation so with their help we can usually work through any issues that occur.

Jon from GGLO

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Can do almost anything you want, but not intuitive

Vision has the ability to track time and expenses and prepare project plans and report out that information in infinite detail. Benefits to your firm can be vast from timesheets, to project plans to CRM data and coordination. However its unlimited potential also leads to a lack of intuitive processes for the casual user. Lots of training time is required for high performance users to be able to track and understand the data and reporting and connection. Can require significant time to accurately input and adjust details as project fees and schedules change.

Pros

Ability to report out data and create customizable reports and methods of reviewing and previewing that data. Useful for forecasting and reviewing upcoming projects.

Cons

Not user friendly or intuitive. Field names and connections to other fields are not readily apparent. Takes years to become fluent in the program.

Chelsee from Andrews Engineering

Deltek Vision

We use vision for billing, invoicing is made simpler and PMs have an easier time managing their projects. iAccess greatly helps PM's get a quick snapshot of their projects on a daily basis - which means more efficiency.

Pros

Time and expense management as well as reporting and being able to drill down for PMs on certain aspects of their projects. The reporting functions well, and the batch billing is excellent for running large amounts of invoices at one time.

Cons

I don't like that it only runs on internet explorer - it's a bit outdated. I also wish that it was more HR inclusive. It would be great if you could run unposted labor reports that included the billing rates which is a minor inconvenience. Also if you could run an unposted unit report as well that would greatly benefit the PMs.

Charon from Stillwater Sciences

Current User, Worked with Super Users

It has been a great tool. it makes me brush up on some financial skills that I haven't needed for a while. its useful for the whole company but I wish it were more easier to incorporate things as for all staff to learn. Overall I love working in Vision.

Pros

Its easy to lear, tons of data files to export and use. there are some very useful features. A company could run all financial aspects and management tools of their firm with this one system but for a bit of money. There are options to use this in the cloud. Training is available although at a cost. Many advantages, many uses.

Cons

Would be great if there was a ease of use for non-financial personnel. More useable help links that really get you to where you need to be, less costly. Wish it was not going away.

Nereida from OFICINA CONTABLE JM

Important business data in real time.

I am using Deltek Vision to identify problems affecting the performance of our company and hinder the successful implementation of some projects. I am also taking advantage of useful features to improve performance and complete projects successfully.

Pros

What I like about Deltek Vision modules are purchasing and asset management because they allow me to track purchase orders and fixed assets; It helps me to get new business, improve performance and optimize the operations of our company.

Cons

For some people within the company's user interface it is not always so friendly and does not have much ability to change the screen size. In addition, it may not be ideal for companies that only require specific modules, since all the modules are included in the software.

Rossana from DRMP, Inc.

Deltek Vision

DRMP, Inc is a Civil Engineering firm with 350+ employees. It has been using Vision since 10 years ago and before that it used Advantage. The following modules have been implemented: - Vision Core - Vision CRM - Vision Payroll - Deltek Talent Acquisition And we're in the process of implementing Asset Management and Deltek Talent Performance Vision is used as our ERP system company wide.

Pros

- Very customizable. As it uses SQL as the backend database, custom store procedures can be created to automate company processes. - Very powerful software that can meet a lot of the company's needs. - The use of workflows is something else that is very beneficial because it allows to automate task.

Cons

- The security portion is cumbersome and sometimes not very flexible. - Training is very expensive

Barbara from Built Environment Engineers

Deltek Vision Review

We have used Deltek Vision via the Cloud for two years. My previous firm was not on the cloud and it appeared we had more issues which I believe were related to our IT Department not always updating the software. The seamless updates are great. I would have like to have more written manuals for the software. When I originally started using Deltek there were general manuals for each module. I found these invaluable. The features and functionality is above what we need as a small firm. However, as we grow I can see were many of the functions we do not use will become invaluable. We have had to reach out to customer support for technical issues related to problems with individuals users and each time the technical support has been excellent and our problems solved quickly. We have never had an "outage" or problem accessing the software which is a big plus. While I would recommend this software to most firms, due to the cost of the software I would suggest smaller or start-up firms explore other options to see if their needs can be met through other software until the business is on solid ground.

Eric from Jones & DeMille Engineering

EMajor Civil Engineer Review of Deltek Vision

I have used many of the tools in Vision, including the new iAccess and am excited to see what continues to improve. I do have one wish that i hope could be granted and that is to have iAccess show the project task and phase (not just the number) when your cursor is in a cell to enter time, like it shows in Vision. That way it will allow a double check as a user enters their time, I have found more errors when team members are using iAccess because they may not realize they are entering a code for ROW in Phase 53 and it should have been Utilities in Phase 52. And the line chart showing actual and planned progress will become a great asset. Thanks

Pros

Ease of tracking time and ability to break down complex projects and filter billings.

Cons

iAccess doesn't show a project description when entering cells, see comment in review

Marie from hca

Great tool for project management and proposal preparation

Pros

I've used this software for at least 3 years now, it's great for many things like project management and proposal preparation. It allows you to store and organize so much info per each project you might be working on. In my case, we use it for architectural and engineering projects. We use it daily.

Cons

The platform is a bit outdated looking, but the software does its job which is organizing info. One of the main cons I would see is the creation of duplicates, this is a great issue when doing proposal preparation. Some people have read-only permissions but other who can edit often create duplicates, so a little maintenance needs to be done here and there.

A workhorse with a lot more features than I ever use

I sometimes consider Deltek a necessary evil, but it is as good a software as I have seen and used.

Pros

Deltek has been the tracking software of choice and previous firms I worked at. To me it is the standard for tracking time spent on projects and for tracking project performance. The ability to track an analyze multiple employees' input is beneficial. As a project manager, my interface was tracking and project planning. Accounting and management used Deltek extensively to track project and firm performance.

Cons

Deltek can do a lot of things, and can easily get very confusing for staff who may not have extensive software training in its functionality.

Ashley from Ozark Civil Engineering, Inc.

Professional Engineering Firm

Vision allows our firm to seamlessly track project progress and maintain our office system in a safe and convenient location. We have been able to reduce paper-waste by uploading invoices and A/P directly into Vision. User settings allow our employees quick access to items needed to complete their projects efficiently. We are definitely happy with Vision!

Pros

Everything is very direct - you don't waste time looking for the program you need or wondering which program to utilize.

Cons

Some of the features (ie - vacation accruals) are difficult to set without previous software programming experience.

Diane from REES Associates, Inc.

Deltek 2020

I have been a Deltek user for 25 years and have gone through many software changes from CFMS to Advantage to Deltek. Your team is very good with upgrades and now that we are in the Cloud, even better. We utilize your Knowledge base before we place a call for Chat. Your team members are very good at following up to make sure our question / concern was addressed. If I could add one thing to my wish list it would be a fully integrated HRMS module. Deltek's flexibility has enabled me to create my own, but a fully functioning module would be tremendous benefit for me.

Pros

The integration of data between departments. I also like the capabilities for user designed fields.

Cons

Some integration has not been successful. Would like to carve out some time to address again.

June 2015

Cindy from EDI, Ltd.

June 2015

Great integrated ERP solution for project-based business

Pros

The product is designed for architects, engineers and project-based consultants and it does that very well. The best part to me is that it is a 360 degree solution from sales lead tracking to proposal creation to project accounting to overall company financial results and back again. It covers the entire project lifecycle and emphasizes how every piece of data from every stage of that cycle integrates and affects all the other stages. The vendor is great at taking customer feedback and working that in to future releases of its products.

Cons

The only difficult thing we have come across is due to the fact that our company is very small and the software is generally built for mid-sized companies. It means that many of the modules can be overkill for us and the training needs a bit more than we expected to use all the features, bells and whistles.

Ifeoma from Softchoice

Deltek makes us better manage project budget.

Pros

Deltek is easy to use ,thanks to the intuitiveness of its user interface. In time past we overly expended on projects to the extent that we crossed project budgets ,and thereby missed key project milestones. Since switching to Deltek over a year ago ,we have been able to better follow through with project budgets without overspending. Obviously having project planning, business development and Accounting together into one platform was very much helpful. We have been able to customize the Deltek Workflow to fit into the personal needs of my team ,thereby making much more effective.

Cons

From experience so far , Delteck Vision expense reporting is flawed in the area of mobility , receipt uploads ,and ease of customization.

Kelly from Sharratt Design

Great Program, Lots of Capability

We are a small architecture firm and, honestly, Vision is probably way bigger than what we actually have needed in the past. That said however, we have really benefitted from the portions of the program that we do use and have used, and there are several new portions that we are just starting to grow into. Our experience with the customer service team has been great, they really take the time to work with you so you understand what you're doing, and the Quick Chat feature is great for those quick little questions you have from time

Pros

The capabilities are amazing.

Cons

It's a bit bulky. I wish that there was more of an "a la carte" way to use the program. We are a small design firm, and a good chunk of Vision isn't really anything we use.

Diana from Engineering

Project Based ERP

Pros

I love that this is a project based solution as well as the ability to customize the product. PM and accountants are able to clearly see every project and allows for easy out of the box project reporting. Customer service is also amazing.

Cons

Our set up is a bit different, we have a lot of customization which sometimes affects the software's performance, but this is our own doing so we can't hold it against the product. The fact that it can be customized is a plus, the downside is you have to upgrade the custom(s) every time you want to upgrade or even apply the a CU.

David from WSP Canada Group Limited

Deltek Vision Review for Engineers

Pros

Easy to keep track of time for consultants. Fairly easy to navigate through the system, but you need to use it all the time otherwise you'll forget. I like the fact that it predicts or can search for fields even if you don't have a full job number for a project. I also like that there is an APP for the software.

Cons

Takes too long to load up. My android app also isn't so fast , and there isn't as many options available on the app as I would like (i.e. to read comments that people write before I approve their timesheet or expense sheet).

Patrick from Art Anderson Associates

Inter-connectivity is a problem

Connecting CRM functions to MS Outlook is a continuous and long-term weakness (for over 10 years). Project planning connectivity to MS project is also very spotty - works sometimes, most of the time - it does not work. Reporting has always been a problem - not enough flexibility. Same for search capability - often fields are not available that are needed for proper selection of records. All of these issues have been raised many time via cases over the years - they never seem to get fixed.

Pros

It has powerful features - the connection between financial data and project planning is a real plus.

Cons

Lack of flexibility and inter-connectivity is a constant frustration.

Eric from RTI Health Solutions

The "Do It All" Project-Based ERP

Deltek Vision has quite the array of built-in configuration settings to allow any project-based consulting firm to tailor the software to their needs. One of my favorite things about Deltek Vision is that it gives me the ability to track and integrate critical business information through the use of the software's built-in custom information centers.

Pros

Customer Support, Extensibility, Built in Configuration Options, Vast Reporting Capabilities, Detailed Documentation, Full Project Life-Cycle Integration

Cons

To keep consulting costs to a minimum, it would be best to have an internal SME to get the most out of the product.

Jennifer from WK Dickson

Love Deltek Vision!

I have been using Deltek Vision for well over a decade. I love it! It's flexible, easy to use and completely customizable.

Pros

The flexibility. Ease of use.

Cons

The reporting feature. In my last job, where I also functioned database administrator, I used Crystal Reports (which I really liked) to create the reports I needed. In my new job, I don't have Crystal so I've been having to make do with the standard reports which aren't as customizable.

Adam from Sitterding Solutions LLC

CRM Consultant

I have been using Deltek Vision for over 10 years and have seen many clients benefit greatly from its capabilities and features.

Pros

Custom configuration capability is awesome. You don't have to be a programmer to learn how to set it up. Searching and reporting tools are second to none.

Cons

Sometimes the great amount of capability can be intimidating to customers. That is why I always recommend training for a successful implementation.

Jennifer from Morpace, Inc

Industry: Market Research

Great Customizable Solution for Project Based Firms over 100 and growing

Vision is an amazing tool that allows end users the ability to configure and customize the program to their needs. There are some limitations with what the SAAS / Cloud Option can do and definite delays with needing things done with when working with the Cloud Ops Team, however normal Customer Support is amazing. Definitely spend the money in consulting and developing the program prior to deployment, will save the organization money in the long run and make end users happy.

Pros

Configurable, fully integrated ERP, project based,

Cons

Being a cloud based customer, the delay in which the Cloud Operations team responds to issues and how they communicate.

cecilia from Hera Lab Planners

My Vision experience

this begins our 4th year of Vision use after a conversion from QuickBooks. there is no other software I'm aware of that has the project reporting capabilities that Vision does; sometimes it's a little overwhelming. It would be nice if some of the "standard' reports would be created a little different to become another standard report. On the minus side, our Project Managers have complained that you have to put the same information in too many places; that it would be nice if the same info flowed into all the other of Vision.

Pros

everything is integrated: project, accounting, marketing, leads, conferences

Cons

different elements can be very, very technical

Cathy from ABD SharedHR

Very good!

In my experience I have been happy overall with my Deltek Vision software. As a professional services firm, there are features I am hoping for that will make my job easier. Workflows are good but could be easier to build. The planning module is also good but needs more automated features......too manual at this point. Billing module for our firm is also very manual....takes 1 - 2 days to complete and post.

Pros

It takes the place of 4 separate systems and accessible from anywhere since its cloud based.

Cons

As a professional services firm it seems to be lacking in features for our processes.