Browse FileCloud Reviews

Gilbert from Computer Software

Community version is very limited but does the job

The overall experience is good, although the install and configuration is clunky, for example you have in the FileCloud Panel (which you use only once) a list of the services and frameworks you need to launch. So without knowing anything if you click them in order from top to bottom, they are not going to work... You have to go to the Customer Portal, to the documentation area, to find that the correct order is not from top to bottom, but 3,1,4,2 (order from top to bottom but different installation order) to get it right, while they could have just ordered them in the correct launch order to begin with or add an easy setup with 1 button to get everything launched in one hit, and then have an advanced setting with more granular control... Another thing is this product is built on top of a previous product called TONIDO, which was their previous generation of clouded drive and storage... so a lot of configuration files still use the word Tonido around and it can get confusing some times. But since I got the $10 product

Pros

I liked that I was able to setup a "Google Drive" like experience in my home for my family and some of my work, that was easy to setup and offered everything I needed for 10 bucks /year which I can't really complain about...

Cons

The community version is limited in a lot of customization options, that when you think about it, sounds as overkill from their part. I can't modify the way it looks or feels or add my own logo because those features are behind the $4/month/user FileCloud Standard (which in my case I would have to play $24/month or $288/year to use pretty colors or a drawing from one of my kids as a logo... Another thing I dont like is how their licensing is tied to your domain, but they take it very literal so if your domain runs on port 1234, if you dont include mydomainname.com:1234 and the license is mydomainname.com then the license wont work...

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

most of them didnt work with Windows Server and this one did...

Howard from Stateside APM

Why I chose FileCloud

We initially hosted FileCloud on our own server, but moved to FileCloud online about 18 moths ago. Like all software, it breaks occasionally. Unlike many, the support is fantastic, not only quick and responsive, but when they tell you how to fix the issue and you've no idea what the words mean, they'll just remote in and fix it for you. Overall, I can't fault FileCloud

Pros

White label. Different user types Integration in to Windows explorer.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of things here, I'll come back and change this if I think of any.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Because it did what we needed at a price we could afford and the support was there when we needed it. what's interesting is that the support people that helped set me up when I joined are the same ones that support me now. which must also say something

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

We couldn't share files or create users the way we needed to.

James from Belz Investco

FileCloud, best secure file access/sharing.

Extremely good. Very surprised how easy it is to use and setup, and how responsive they are. When the office closed down last year, the software was already in place and made the transition of working from home seamless.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup, very easy UI for both Admin and User. Support is very quick and good!

Cons

The company is very responsive, and over the years we have been using the software, they have always addressed shortcomings quickly, with in 2 releases. Currently the only pain point is the global cleaning up of user's shares... the controls are in each user's account space, so as Admin I would have to log in as that user to do the cleaning the user's avoid.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

The Biscom product was difficult to use for the administrator, and near impossible to use for the users.

Sergio from Sergio Mannino Studio

Industry: Architecture & Planning

It has great potentials but it's not perfect

I would say just ok. We don't have an alternative nor the time to look for one. Dropbox was a much better system until it stopped working (and their customer service is totally unreliable)

Pros

I like the complexity of permissions and the possibility to seprate users and privileges

Cons

It takes too long to sync. Dropbox or Onedrive sync almost instantly, Filecloud takes several minutes and sometimes half hour. When working in a team these times are impossible. You start working on a file that has already been modified by someone else. This alone makes the software useless for certain types of work. It is so slow that we dropped it altogether and went back to vpn If you delete a file, sometimes the same one comes back with the same name (zero kb). This issue has been reported several times but never really fixed. It is much better with the latest versions but the problem is still there

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

It was the easiest to implement and was very promising

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

It was no longer supported on our system. We didn't even get a warning, it just stopped working overnight

David from ifm efector, Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

The best On-Premises Enterprise File Sharing and Sync solution

We had a requirement to have an on premise solution for an enterprise file sharing and sync program. From the onset of discovering Filecloud, the experience has been great. We were able to do a couple of demo's with their technical team via webinars. Once we decided to proceed to the next step, we were able to download a fully functional version and had help to get it setup exactly how we needed it with a nice long trial period. Technical support was available whenever we needed it, but most of the time it was not needed because of their fantastic knowledge base of articles that are complete with pictures at every step and every detail of the product. We have been using the product since version 18, and every full release brings new features and speed. Most of these are customer driven via their community page. It's great to have a company listen to their customers and then give them exactly what they asked for.

Pros

The ease of use of the product is one of its greatest pro's. The webpage and mobile phone apps are nearly identical and incredibly easy to use. Intuitive is a word used a little too much, but it describes FileCloud perfectly. Our Employees were able to adapt from a different product with minimal training. As products like this are normally used to share large files, too big for email, FileCloud knocks it out of the park with their Outlook Add-In, putting access to user's files exactly where they need it. The sync app provides further OS integration as it is integrated into File Explorer on a PC or the Finder on MacOS allowing users to use their FileCloud files, wherever they are, no matter what level of connectivity they have. The fact that the solution is on our servers, behind our security allows us to fully control our data.

Cons

We maintain this solution on premise so it would be nice if FileCloud could add data deduplication to help us save some storage.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

It was a combination of price and features. Filecloud was the only product that had a user friendly gui, mobile app support and and was available as an on premise solution. Combine that with a very reasonable price point

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Druva migrated to a cloud only solution that was not approved by our security requirements.

Peter from Arnot Realty

Great cloud solution without giving up control.

Pros

I love that our files stay on our server, yet we are able to get the full functionality of cloud computing in a fairly simple setup. It works great across all the devices and platforms that we have; if I need to, I can pull up any file I want on my phone, tablet, or laptop without having to be on a specific network. And not only can I access the files, I can edit them on the fly and my colleagues see the changes almost instantly.

Cons

I would love to see an integrated way to securely send passwords to shared links.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud let's use keep control of our files on our server and host our own cloud...problem solved.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

With OneDrive we had to give up control of our files and put them in MS's cloud...it was nerve wracking to know our whole business was out there.

Michael from Michael Lewis

Good option for self hosted cloud file sharing solution

File cloud allows us to implement a secure file sharing HIPAA approved solution for our medical clients.

Pros

I like the fact that we control the servers and the data.

Cons

I find the performance can be improved upon, especially regarding file upload, and regarding performance of large file operations such as copy move, etc.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

We can host the server and data and ease of use.

Billy from MDT

The Best

Pros

I used FileCloud at my previous employer so I decided to bring it to MDT. It's changed the way we collaborate with vendors and clients. I wouldn't pick anything else!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I do not like about FC.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

We wanted our data housed internally within our DMZ and SendSafely was cloud based.

Nick from Black Knight Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great Product, Great Customer Service!

Great. There was a hiccup with my first demo, but after that I have been able to get things moving in the right direction. We have been happy with the product so far and we are happy we made the switch to FileCloud.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how easy it is to train employees on how to use the system. We had a very clumsy system before hand, and it was difficult for people to use and understand. This is the opposite.

Cons

Nothing, seems like things are working as expected and everyone in my organization is happy!

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Referral from a former FileCloud user.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

It was not functioning properly, customer service was terrible and was not helpful.

Suraj from JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

Review by Suraj Verma at JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

It is very easy to use and understand. The installation process is very simple. Most users did not even need training on how to use the app!

Pros

The encrypted sharing features, and the very easy-to-use sync drive.

Cons

Maybe create encrypted email along with it, encrypted file sharing is great, but being able to send encrypted emails would be a great addition.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Everything is cloud based, very easy to use, and very reasonable pricing for small business.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Certain Safe license was expiring and we wanted a new solution.

Brian from American Incorporated

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling, as the concept of hosting our own content really worked well for us. After a number of trials of competing products, FileCloud stood out as the best Active Directory integrated file sharing platform available. It's worked out VERY well for the last year, and we renewed for another year. Performance of the VM is great, and with as much storage as we feel like allocating is available at NO additional cost. Adding a user to FileCloud is a matter of adding the AD account to the FileCloud security group, what could be simpler? Outlook integration and the mobile apps work well, and the Windows client allows a drive letter assignment - no muss, no fuss. I needed a little help from support sorting out the SSL certificate, they were SUPER great to work with.

Pros

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Cons

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Synaman Enterprise didn't do AD integration as expected, really surprised. NextCloud seemed really nice for home use. I trialed FileCloud and bought it after a week, super pleased - getting our wildcard SSL installed was the only support I needed and it went well.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Annoying sales pitches, a weird political split in the company leadership, change in licensing, weird stability problems on Ubuntu LTS (which is ROCK solid for all other purposes), just basically was giving me a bad taste in my mouth. For the money it should be better.

Most complete onboarding I've ever experienced

Overall, I have to let the team speak for themselves and.... I have heard nary a peep of discontent. That speaks volumes about the product and the customer support team.

Pros

Cloud based storage systems are common. ITAR compliant solutions at this price point.. not so much. A critical decision element was the onboarding process. FileCloud isn't limited to organizations with big IT staff. The onboarding sessions got us up to the level of compliance we needed quickly. Training for the full team was also incredibly helpful. All included in the base price (No hiring consultants to "optimize" your setup.) The ability to have "Limited Access" users is a key benefit keeping costs down. Only key team members need full access.

Cons

Not being an IT professional, some aspects of the setup were confusing. Once I realized I didn't;t need to use all the capabilities to meet the compliance requirements we have, I relaxed. The Smart ID is col, but totally not necessary the way we're using the product. One thing that I wished had been available, though it may be and I just didn't find it, was a set of scenarios specifically around our use case.... sharing restricted info. Basically... If you need to share a single document without active interaction, do this... If you want someone to be able to work on a document that many people can access, do this...There are always multiple ways to accomplish something (directly sharing a file, giving someone Limited Access to a folder, etc). It was hard to choose between them at times and I inadvertently gave someone more access than they needed (not the they weren't entitled to it but a simple file share would have been fine).

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was the easiest (from my research) when it came to full ITA compliance. Taking care of the AWS Gov hitting, etc. was exactly what I needed. Also, the FileCloud team (Sales, Customer Experience, etc.) was great. We needed to be up and running right away and were the day onboarding happened!

Madalina from BOMBARDIER

All your data in one cloud

This product covers all basic needs for small teams or companies. They can make their data easily accessible for each employee, regardless of their location. As a result, you will get more agonized and dedicated team, as well, as a smooth workflow.

Pros

This platform has different plugins, which provides a decent level of customization. Also, you can integrate this software with different apps, so your work process, which can improve your work process drastically. Big plus is that you can access internal file server data from any place in the world, of course, if you have a high-quality internet connection. We use FileCloud on a daily basis, as it is a cloud based data sharing plus sync system. It allows coworkers to access and sync all essential data from any type of device. This software provides with all necessary features for successful work: file sharing, backup, sync or remote access.

Cons

Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information. Very often instead of fixing an issue, they blame users. FileCloud has an old school and non-intuitive interface, so you need to invest much energy to learn how the system works. Also, if you are Mac user, be prepared to face some issues, as this app doesn’t work well with iOS. Moreover, this product is actively being updated, with preventing this app from working for several hours, till a new update will be loaded.

Brian from Applegate Information Services, LLC

FileCloud Review by AIS

We love it and use it every day. I've sold to several customers as well and the #1 hurdle I have is the licensing. Many of our clients are smaller office and we need a licensing model that fits smaller offices.

Pros

Integration over an existing file management system is easy, and the growth that we can provide a customer to extend access to their file system outside their office is exciting. The ability to provide a managed system that provides our customers/users to share large files/folders, provide collaboration solutions, and secure access to their own company shares has proven invaluable.

Cons

The updates require a lot of work. There's an "update" function within the control panel but it doesn't work for any of the latest updates that I've had to manage. If a feature or function exists, it should work. The downloading of the files, packaging them, then installing is routine - easy to automate, and should easily be incorporated in to a simple button in the control panel that manages that update. We'd also like to see more database utilities to purge, backup, compress and clean up database files.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud rests on customer equipment, on top of their existing environment, making adaptation simple

William from TEN TECH LLC

Industry: Defense & Space

Does the job well

Up and running within minutes of purchasing a license, and fast.

Pros

Easy to deploy and offers an option of ITAR-compliance with GovCloud support

Cons

Pricing is a little steep and the minimum number of users if using GovCloud,

GovCloud support

GovCloud support

Suresh from Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics

Industry: Research

FileCloud in an academic environment

It has been a bit of a rough ride. We had some difficulty getting everything working on our servers. It has required many calls to the Technical support to get the installation right. I think in the initial stages, it would be best if the FileCloud team shepherds the installation to avoid small errors (such as some packages missing etc.). Usually the IT team of the host institutions does not have the skill and familiarity with the FileCloud installation to spot something amiss.

Pros

In academic environments there is not much hierarchy in the organisation and nor is there a strict command structure. The need of the day is to be able to easily store, retrieve and share documents among a large indisciplined bunch of people. Most of the stored information is poorly documented and tagged. Yet, when running large scientific projects there are Commercial and Administrative documents which require hierarchical access controls and cannot be stored on public servers like Google or Apple drives. FileCloud permits us to customise access control for this particular environment. The interfaces with popular editing environments such as Libre Office and simultaneous online editing features are important for us. It is also quite critical that we have the software on our own servers as this is often a requirement on government supported institutions.

Cons

It is a but clunky and non-intuitive. The initial users are a bit put off by the steep learning curve that is required to use the tool. The number of options and switches are daunting. We are as yet at the beginning stages of this use. It remains to be seen how this proceeds and becomes an integral part of our organisation. And we are cash strapped, so keeping the subscription prices low would be a definite plus. If the per user per year price goes up we would be hard pressed to continue.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

1) Keeping recurrent costs low with users added as required. 2) Meeting our requirements of (a) version control (b) sharing with non-users (c) simultaneous online file editing 3) On campus standalone server to host FileCloud service. 4) References from other Govt agencies and banks which require high security and high volume of data.

Chris from GoGoMeds

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

FileCloud Review

Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

Pros

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

Cons

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

Security and functionality.

David from DB Tech

Exactly What I wanted

Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

Pros

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

Cons

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was MUCH easier to setup than Nextcloud was. I also noticed a lot of lag in Nextcloud that I haven't experienced in FileCloud.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

I like the setup process and overall user experience of FileCloud over the other services I've tried.

Andre from BizNet Computer Integration Inc.

Use Internally and deployed for other clients

Once it is deployed, it functions very well. We have added DUO for 2FA. My only request is to have FileCloud send a DUO push instead of looking up the code on your phone and entering into FileCloud.

Pros

A critical feature was the ability to implement this with an existing NTFS data tree. No additional security tweaks needed as Windows NTFS was already taking care of that. Using LDAP to allow users and windows passwords makes management very easy to maintain.

Cons

Deployment was not clear as pre-install answers were not discovered until 1/2 through the manual and install. I ended up deploying this twice as information that would have proved useful before getting started were not available at the beginning.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

- DUO 2FA (Already using this product with Terminal Server Gateway Services, did have to do anything as all users were already setup. Very little work needed to setup on FileCloud. - Share files with users outside of network and set time limit of share - Create teams to collaborate with others

Almir from Koschier IT-Outsourcing

FileCloud File Sharing Solution

Very good! The customer support related topics are being handled within a day and the software is running stable. Release of updates / patches is also on a regular basis, so the software is being taken care of from the developers.

Pros

We were in search for a possiblity to provide our customers a simple, yet secure file sharing solution. After trying different competitors (OwnCloud, GoodSync etc.) we stuck with FileCloud since it is delivering a good Webportal and the possiblity to provide the customer with the necessary admin-roles.

Cons

Initially we tried to use the real-time sync, but as the description suggested back then it was implemented in a beta-phase with a max recommended item count to 100k items, which was to small for us. But we still found a solution using the webinterface, which is currently meeting the needs of our customers.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Based on the simple pricing infrastructure, as well as the possibility to implement it as SaaS made us choose FileCloud;

Missing functionalities, Unstable operations

Chris from USC University Advancement

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

Pros

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

Cons

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Client compatibility and the eas of use of the web portal.

Michaël from Simac PSF

Better then free products

Pros

We had worked a lot with free solutions but, lot of times during usage we encountered bugs or errors; without a correct support it's unusable on production system. We don't like to use cloud to transfert data and we preferred having an on-premises version.

Cons

Support is really responsive! Functionalities are really helpful with our work!

Support of the product!

Matthew from MIS Solutions

FileCloud a secure and easy to use file storage solution

I personally use FileCloud at home (on prem) and also we use FileCloud for a number of our clients and feel that its the better solution compared to others on the market.

Pros

Layout and ease of use is my favorite aspect of FileCloud.

Cons

The change between limited and guest accounts in how they access data. It was a little confusing.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Security, ability to host in our own environment, ease of use.

Good product - as long as your file type is supported

Pros

The online tools make this so much more powerful than what we were using before (DropBox). Loved all the reporting and ability to really tighten all the permissions to a very granular level.

Cons

We ended up having issue when we updated our accounting software to the current version. They assured us that in the future it would be updated but it would take a few months. They gave us a complete and full refund and were super helpful as we had to transition back to our prior service.

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

DropBox is awful and has issues with a company our size.

Hasso from NYXUS

Top choice to integrate existing on prem files shares and much more

Right product for the job. Very good cost/benefit ratio compared to many other enterprise level competitors.

Pros

Offers support for existing on premise file shares w/o sacrificing any cloud only features. Allows for an access layer on top of existing file share infrastructure like MS file server cluster.

Cons

The terminology used is not always self explaining. Use cases are not as clear cut as one would hope, but the functionality is there.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

FileCloud was one of just a few products with full support for existing file shares w/o the need to replicate the physical data and the ability to incorporate existing NTFS permissions and SSO authenticate existing AD users, i.e. no need to recreate/signup users (SSO) and no need to reapply and maintain a second set of permissions.

Gary from Information Technology & Services

Useful for archive

Useful for allowing access to common files.

Pros

Able to implement user level security on folders. Good viewing access on multiple devices. Easy to admin users. Able to Sync and also able to WebDav.

Cons

Sync software is dreadful, hogs CPU & bandwidth and uses an outdated file - delete - copy mechanism from the 90s. Be aware if you move a set of folders on the server, the replication then deletes the folders on the client then recopies. Really bad if it is a big folder. (you cant do a basic function for example, setup a new laptop for a user, swiftly copy a set of files that will be mirrored, then start the sync. It will either delete all these files and recopy the lot, or, if they are in different locations, it will recopy them back to the server causing frustrating duplication.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Others were expensive or limited in functionality. FC has a lot! But some can be difficult to use. I wish someone would invent a faster webdav type solution.

Alexander from SWS Computersysteme AG

Filecloud

Very fine Normally it is working perfect, Updates make sometimes a few problems but instant solved by filecloud support

Pros

Very good support! Permission dann Sharing options Team Folders

Cons

Ressource consumption (Hardware) and sometimes updating make some problems

Enterprise Support Possible for Service Providers

Jason from GMU

Still in the first year of using FileCloud.

We use FileCloud to extend our user's reach into our super computing environment so that they have access to their research from anywhere. It has been only about 6 months since we got it up and running but the overall experience has been pretty good so far. We are still working on transitioning all of our users over.

Pros

It was pretty easy to get up and running and their support staff is always quick to respond with any questions that I have.

Cons

The pricing structure isn't exactly the cheapest.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Consolidation and ease of authentication. We had 30 NextCloud servers, now we have 1 FileCloud server. FileCloud has better authentication options.

Craig from Lifematters

FileCloud is a reasonably priced storage solution

Our file storage is much more organized and cleaner now

Pros

Making our files available outside our network without a VPN made a sudden switch to remote work possible.

Cons

The FileCloud Drive client is slow. Sometimes corrupts PDF files

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Price was the best for all the features

Joris from Ratho B.V.

FileCloud

Pros

It delivers the job. We use it mainly for private file sharing and it does the job wonderfull. Ease of use also for end customer to manage logins.

Cons

Support is pro, fast and resolute. But we live in Europe and sometimes they react at the end of our working day.

Jean from Living Stones Group

Industry: Information Services

Amazing organized Solution

Pros

I liked the admin panel and how it is easy to manage teamfolders and personal folders for each team member. It helps everyone to keep organized in the team.

Cons

I'd like to have more collaboration tools integrated

Needed more enterprise solution

Omar from JamJam Books

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Great file sharing software

Pros

We needed to be able to host the software on premise. There was a lot of file sharing solutions out there but only 2 or three that allowed us to host it on our server. FileCloud was the one that was the closest to our budget.

Cons

The deployment was not that easy. It did take a bit of work and some back and forth with their team, but they were very helpful and quick at getting back to us.

Pricing

Tibor from Budaker Ltd.

Industry: Wholesale

Budaker Review Hungary

Very positive experience, great support team, always ready to solve problems within 24 hours.

Pros

Easy to set up, user friendly system. Easy recovery of deleted files

Cons

Missing local support, and language. FileSync trouble shooting information missing. How to's regarding installation or remove of client sync programs.

Userfriendly, easily manageable.

Harold from Smoot Construction

File Cloud review

Good

Pros

It was Easy to implement and users had no problems adapting to it.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes. It performed exactly as advertised

Price

Chris from Harvest Christian Fellowship

FileCloud is a must for Work From Home Data Access

It has been superb. Our users are very happy with the product to give them secure access to their data without the need for VPN and are also thrilled that they can email now large files as secured web access links that are password protected.

Pros

This software enabled our department to give our staff members the ability to access their file server data over HTTPS and not even need a VPN to get their data. In addition, the product comes with a drive mount client or a sync client to help users out who may have a slower internet connection from home. It basically enabled a DropBox like product internally for our company.

Cons

The Web UI sometimes has issues refreshing and a full refresh of the web page is needed depending on what browser you are using.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Lack of support on the Mac OS platform.

Heather from Navos

Amazing Software

Pros

Ease of use, easy to setup, ability to setup workflows so that it does not become a file repository.

Cons

I wish that this software had the ability to put limited users into groups for easier management of users and permissions on folders.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Removal of a feature that was heavily used

Derek from Sunwest

Industry: Printing

Game Changer!!

We did not want to use a hosted cloud file sharing option to move aware from our outdated and clunky ftp server. Filecloud's on prem option was exactly what we needed to get into an intuitive "cloud" style file sharing and collaboration platform while still retaining full control of our data and keeping it onsite. can't say enough good things about this product, it's very mature, well thought out and executed, and everything just works!

Pros

-on prem option -in depth granular control of EVERYTHING!! incredible! -feels like a very mature and well thought out/executed solution -intuitive and easy to use for end users -awesome support for syncing and sharing across all platforms -incredible and helpful support team that are with you 100% of the way

Cons

-the admin side isn't quite as intuitive as the end user front end. with that said, you just need to work with their support team to get a tutorial and walkthrough to wrap your head around how to configure everything and then you are good to go.

Naveen from BELL Racing

FileCloud - Your Own FileServer Over The Internet

I had no issues so far other than small implementation issues, this was fixed by the well-trained team immediately. The after sales support was too good. My account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was too good all these years.

Pros

The mapped drive share, user access limitation, backup, admin's control over the shares, custom pages / portals and ease of use.

Cons

Manual upgrade and occasionally missing files that uploaded from the cloud to mapped drive. Or some time we had issues of access rights over the files being created from the cloud.

Reasons for Switching to FileCloud

Expensive but least features, no ability to share local mapped drives over the internet.

Jerry from Red Forensic

Pricey, but the solution to go to when you need granular control over access to documents

I used FileCloud on a project that necessitated the sharing of a large volume of data from several different custodians among a bevy of different attorneys. The litigation was complex and access to the various groups of documents had to be tailor-made for each attorney, depending on who s/he was representing. FileCloud was a little tedious to set up, but once it was done, it was golden.

Pros

The ability to exert granular access control over a sizable group of different document collections.

Cons

The permissions setup, while perfect once implemented, can be a little confusing.

David from EthosData Limited

Very flexible and capable solution for enterprise file sharing

Overall it is been quite good with no much issues. And when we had, the support team is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

What we like the most of FileCloud software is the multiple customization options it has so we could adapt easily without too much compromises to our use case. Also the clean user experience and the number of features makes a very robust solution.

Cons

Not much but it would be great if FileCloud could enhance the user account setting up and login experience. Sometimes can bee too cumbersome.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

Cost and easy of integration mainly. Features and customization options secondly.

joe from City Of Lake Worth

file cloud review

Pros

ease of use, easy to deploy and it has a lot of features for customization

Cons

can't think of negative aspects, though I can't find a support number to call in case of emergencies, i have to email them which takes longer to respond.

Sinisa from Sberbank

File Cloud SB review

Its our business critica aplication for exchange documents with our partners.

Pros

File share and file access controll. We were able to utilize guest access.

Cons

You need some time to adopt file sharing access control, witch are similar to unix systems.

Travis from Bluewater Agromart

Industry: Farming

Filecloud Review

Very good experience, very good customer care, we are very happy. About a year after we started using Filecloud our corporate partners were hit with a ransomeware attack which affected the entire franchise network and many of our sister businesses lost all their saved documents. Because we were using Filecloud we were unaffected, nothing was lost. This event demonstrated clearly to us that we had made the right choice.

Pros

Very easy to use, lets us work from home, no more need to worry about backups. We were able to get rid of our large difficult to use server. Our IT help needs went way down and we can do most of it ourselves now.

Cons

There is a slight time delay when we first started using it. We had to upgrade our internet and then it was ok.

Chrichtian from Millennium Challenge Account Liberia

Industry: Government Relations

FileCloud will get louder in the cloud, IF aloud.

Overall, FileCloud has done exactly what is was procured for...

Pros

FileCloud gave us the ability to share and collaborate voluminous files without geographical restriction, and with us having to easily copy terabytes of data between the FileCloud server and internal network, however, across DMZ for best security practice. Your only limitation regard data size drop would be your FileServer host server. I see it owning a private cloud compute resource with the ability to scale out into a hybrid cloud infrastructure.

Cons

My comfort with permission management on hierarchical folder structuring has not found its way to FileCloud. Storage Repository cannot be browsed for the admin portal UI. Each folder (if needing distinguished role based access control) must be add separately for effectuate the permission. This can be a hassle for a highly nested folder structure with complex permission schema.

Bart from Acknowledge

easy of use and very good pricing.

very good. We looked at competitors but Filecloud has big advantages.

Pros

easy of use, easy to install. No need for complex endusertraining

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about the Filecloud solution.

pricing!

Tremayne from Eurofins E&E North America

All good, no filler

I enjoy using this. The new UI and functionality is beautiful. Using SSO with Azure makes adding users a breeze

Pros

I love the file sharing and collaboration option, the advanced security to prevent data leakage is excellent. The price is vert aggressive compared to other cloud file storage. The sync with my on prem servers allow business continuity in case of emergency.

Cons

It can be very technical to get everything you want out of it. Lots of customization through XML can be challenging if not use to it.

Reasons for Choosing FileCloud

The price beat out all others, but gave same level of functionality and even more.

Denricka from DBT

The Best File Sharing solution for access anywhere

We implemented FileCloud to allow our users to safely share larges files internally and externally. While using it, we found additional features we didn't think we needed. It's a very beneficial addition to our organization.

Pros

I like that FileCloud is secure and very easy to use. Drives can be mapped to our machines for access without having to log into the portal and it also makes sharing files internally and externally a breeze. The user portal is very user friendly and the admin portal which is easy to use ensures the proper controls are in place.

Cons

Although drives can be mounted easily on windows machines, we had issues mounting on Macs without using additional tools.

Ghislain from ACTUALILS INFORMATIQUE

GREAT SOFTWARE SYNC & SHARE

We deploy this solution with ease, we save our customers time, they are at ease because the data is stored on their infrastructure.

Pros

A solution that has allowed us to meet the needs of several customers. Have a private cloud without blocking confidentiality, mobility and flexibility of access to data from anywhere.

Cons

I did not find any problem with this software because it evolves quickly, the developers do a crazy job

Nothing

Troy from Icon Structures, Inc.

Happy with FileCloud

Pros

I'm a General Contractor, it works great for housing our plans and specifications for bidding projects, it's easy to create a link to add to our RFP and you control how long that link is good.

Cons

I think the User Interface has gotten better over the last few years, it still has a few things about it that are just not very intuitive until you learn learn how you have to do something.

Brian from TriMech

FileCloud on AWS GovCloud

So far we are happy with our experience as a company. I expect to expand on our use of the platform in 2021 and hope to add to the license as we grow.

Pros

The primary reason we engaged with FileCloud was because of it's ability to host and transfer ITAR and EAR compliant data. We soon realized their were many aspects of the tool that we beyond what we need and could grow into utilizing as our cloud based storage need grew as well. I look forward to expanding into some of its other capabilities down the line.

Cons

I don't have many complaints at this stage. One minor issue I did have, when engaging with Technical Support, although the support team member was very helpful, they were not able to access my vault and work with my specific set-up request, because of the ITAR restrictions. I believe they were located out of the USA or not a US citizen. I appreciated them being open and they were able to generally help me through the process so I was left out to dry by any means. Is there a ITAR/EAR tech support contact I should be reaching out to in those situations?