What are Flock users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Flock software through verified user reviews

• icon"User friendly, creates community and assists in obtaining information from team members quickly."
  • icon"I like how it is easy for my team to have converstaions and that I can have different channels."
  • icon"One of the most useful aspects of Flock is the ability to create and engage with various different channels seamlessly. This allows for more effective and efficient communication."
  • icon"Unable to set up to an Apple Watch. Or at least it would s difficult to do so."
  • icon"Sometimes I find myself missing notifications from Flock."
  • icon"You can't DM multiple people, hard to manage a lot of different conversations which we need a lot in our organization. There's parts of the UX that is just clunky and annoying."

Browse all Flock Reviews

• Have you used Flock and would like to share your experience with others?

Siti Saleha

March 2022

Communication and ideas collaboration

Pros

I love the commentaries on the images feature. Flock is a fantastic tool for swiftly sharing visual insights. I love how you can make comments and doodle directly on photographs within the application. Also, the interface is more superficial than Slack, and it has a "spacious" feel to it. I also enjoy that it includes build-in assistance to aid you in learning the ropes.

Cons

The least I like, and also the one that has to be improved, is that specific files are not readily available and occasionally become missing, but this is not a significant issue because it does not occur frequently. When using the software, it feels a little complicated. Overall, it still performs admirably for a variety of tasks.

Brian

A more user-friendly Slack

We have a completely remote team of about 30 team members. The biggest challenge in running a remote team is integrating communication between people and teams to reduce the distance and increase personal interaction. Flock solved that for us in a big way. Adoption was 100% and everyone always has it online. It has really improved team cohesiveness.

Pros

The best feature about Flock is its ease-of-use. Our team is made of diverse members with different technical skills from engineers, designers, project managers to marketers and HR. The most important feature when choosing this was ease of use as that would greatly affect how well the tool would be adopted by the team members.

Cons

The administration and enterprise features were are not as robust as the competitors. If one was looking for a compliant enterprise communication tool to pass on sensitive information, I would check elsewhere.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Flock simply offered a more inclusive feature set for our needs, while being lightweight without too much bloat.

Reasons for switching to Flock

For our technical team members, adoption of Slack was very easy, especially because most of them were already using it. However, the rest of the team found the learning curve too steep hence did not use the app.

Just Telegram or Whatsapp with some integrations!

Flock is really good, I recommend it to small IT or ITes company as most of the apps made available for keeping developers and programmers in mind. Whereas for rest it's better to use Telegram with IFTTT and Zapier or Try Workplace by Fb and MS Teams then switching from Slack to Flock. But those who're already using Slack, Flock is like Bullock cart Vs Bently (Slack) and sooner or later either you'll upgrade to Slack or Workplace by Facebook or Teams by MicroSoft.

Pros

- Easy to use - Affordable then Slack but not anymore after entry of Workplace by Fb and MS Teams (as they're almost free) - Best in class Support and they're always there to assist you

Cons

- A complete dearth of apps and integrations, NOT EVEN the 100 essential apps (by Slack) and must have Integrations are available on Flock, literally you'll regret and repent if you're switching from Slack. As just 54 App integrations are available that too without full functionality. - You can search a file but couldn't click or access it. - A Big NO for Media or Marketing Company as it may take years for you to find the image your teammate posted just 3 months back. - Slowest, let me repeat slowest app development I've ever seen in my life so far. No need to feature requests or app integration suggestions

Aniecia

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

July 2022

Flock Can Work For Your Team

Overall, not a bad experience. Flock is still being used daily on our team.

Pros

My most preferred feature was the Real Tine Chat and file sharing option. While there are other softwares out there that offer these same features, Flock was easy for most team members to deploy and use. Very little hassle and it was not unnecessarily complicated.

Cons

For MAC users that primarily use Safari as their main browser, Flock didn’t work as well. So we had to resort to downloading Google Chrome to facilitate use. Additionally, there was no voice message feature available in most chats which limited our ability to respond timely to queries that may require an explanation. Workaround was the call or video conference feature.

Pamela

Flock

We are a construction company that uses this for our field techs to load pictures and we have had no problems, whenever I have had to contact flock which was twice, they were able to handle what I needed at that time, I would highly recommend this software. (still looking for in expensive software to use with my techs on sending work orders)

Pros

Our main purpose for using flock is being able to share pictures.

Cons

There is only 1 thing I would say is cons, when contacting flock it is sometimes hard to understand what they are saying due to they have a different accent the usa does. I would recommend a search bar for finding older pictures.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Down Time and easier to download our pictures.

Flock is more User friendly

Hannah

The Team Communication Tool We Needed

Keeping all team communication in one place is exactly the solution we needed, elevating our team from seperate chats and email threads. It has organized our team and keeps everything organized and archived if we ever need to draw on what was previously said.

Pros

I like the intergrated tools that make managing projects within our team so much easier! For example, the to-do lists that you are able to create between team members keeps us on track and organized.

Cons

I haven't found to many things to dislike about Flock, the only pain point with the free version is only allowing the (1) administrator to post to announcements. Our team made a seperate channel so that relevant leaders could post announcements.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Something new! I had never heard of it and wanted something fresh the team would be excited about.

Reasons for switching to Flock

Integrated tools + archived documents and conversations, channels.

Jeremy

Industry: Program Development

Streamline Communication and bring your team together!

With flock we set reminders during meetings when we need to circle back to a discussion. We have pinned posts that are important for the team to refer back to often. We have utilized the video chat room for offsite meetings.

Pros

Flock is easy to learn and utilize. It makes communicating with your team simple. We have people in the office and out of the office so keeping everyone on the same page can be a challenge. Flock helps us communicate throughout the week, stay on task and make sure everyone has the information they need readily accessible. There are two features that a previous company we had didn't offer. Flock offers a Do Not Disturb feature which has helped. You can also delete posts which is a benefit that other group messaging companies do not offer.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons yet. Our experience with Flock has truly been positive.

Reasons for switching to Flock

Stride was merging with another company. We took that opportunity to check out the market and discovered flock. We are glad we made the switch.

Massimo

irreplaceble

Absoluty happy with it, both on desktop and mobile app.

Pros

Flock simply allowed our team to continue working during the pandemic. Since the day 1, we were already working as usual because it replaces all collaborative functions. Furthermore, it integrates with many commons tools like Google Drive and Todoist.

Cons

Maybe the assistance is not very fast, but we barely needed it.

Reasons for choosing Flock

After few minutes of trying, we were already using it easily.

Jovana

Make Your Flock Communicate With Ease

When compared with the competition, particularly Slack, it is better in many aspects. It is visually more appealing and communication is more transparent. It is also an easy to use tool and a recommendable alternative to Slack.

Pros

I love the clean and appealing user interface so much! I always troubled with communication tools that are super functional but the UI somehow creates clutterish feeling -- you are getting lost in all the exchange, you miss important info in a chat that seems to suddenly disappear. Flock

Cons

Maybe some less taxing ideas about notification. Sending an email following a missed message is crowding my inbox. But overall, I can't think of any serious dislikes.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I tend to think that Slack is messy and I am looking for a cleaner and more transparent alternative.

TraeAnn

August 2022

Flock is a good platform, just can't do all we need

Experience was ok, wish they gave us notice when the renewal

Pros

Open enrollment was very easy, very user-friendly and clean appearance, easy for employees to use

Cons

Can't do everything we need, like complex payroll and compliance.

Ron

We Chose as an Alternative to Slack

As we are all working remotely now, Flock is especially useful for everything from early morning check-in to quick sharing of files.

Pros

Having used Slack with several organizations, I was familiar with the benefits of a direct real-time communications platform tailored to enhance work activities. In choosing for our small company, we found Flock to be a better alternative both cost-wise and overall look and feel. The ability to bring in guests on specific projects without adding to our baseline use cost was a key recommender for us. The integration with Google Docs is very good. Flock also seems to be a more customer-focused independent company, rather than a large public corporation (and even larger now) that will be driven by how much more rent it can charge across its customer base, which is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Cons

Some of the audio/video features need to be better integrated. The video conferencing still seems a bit buggy compared to other platforms, so we don't rely on Flock for that service.

See above

Judith

Wonderful Product

This has been a real saving time saving issue because I can

Pros

This software replaced a cheap messaging program we used internally. It allows us to communicate desk to desk without having to leave an office which now that Covid is limiting mobility, this works well. I am able to select a couple of computers that are support staff and create a team message so I don't have to repeat the message to them separately. Something I just discovered is that this is a cloud based software so while I was out of the office I could still use my Flock program to communicate with the office because I had it loaded on a PC in my remote location and I had internet access. This saved me from having to VPN to the office to access my desktop Flock icon. I like that emoji's were added so text can have some feelings. I can reply to a specific post or I can generate a new reply. And there is so much more that is available in this software that we haven't used yet.

Cons

I would like to be able to have distinctive sounds assigned to specific computers so that when a message comes from a particular computer, there is a recognizable sound that I've assigned to that computer and I know then who it is from. The program minimizes and if I'm interviewing a tax client, I don't want to break the interview to review the message if I suspect it isn't immediately important.

Reasons for choosing Flock

We chose to use the free Flock service and it has been more than we ever expected!

Reasons for switching to Flock

unreliable - kept crashing and wasn't easy to reinstall

Suzan

Remote non-tech team needs simple communication software!

Changed my company, changed my life. I do complain sometimes about too many red dots! But at least I have it all in one place.

Pros

We used to work in the chat function of Skype... true story! Then someone suggested Slack and the tech details were completely overwhelming for our non-tech team. I think we found flock when it was barely out of beta and we are using it day in, day out, all day! And it integrates with our existing project management tool trello. What I also like is the responsiveness of the support team.

Cons

It's not very obvious where to switch the sound off, ha ha. The first month of our remote employees they are getting loopy from the noise until we find out by accident when we zoom with them and explain where to switch it off!

Too techie and overwhelming

Reasons for switching to Flock

It's Skype, do I need to say more?

Louis

Our team has migrated to FLOCK for ease of use and for feature set capabilities which allow us to manage tasking and team communication as well as video conferencing most effectively

In the final analysis , we believe Flock is a winner and we will be using Flock as our primary collaborative team communication tool for our office team tasking assignment, as well as for video chat . Our office wanted a shared communication tool which on balance was designed with team work in mind. Considering the user interface which allows for common communication as well as closed conversation threads between managers, the rather convenient presence of one touch button control for screen sharing as well as conference call entrance, Flock will be our go communication tool for intra office now. We would say the only real negatives though not plentiful were tied to the inability to control notifications coming from conversations. This can create a log jam. We also experienced some difficulty with file searching or keeping files private to one user. Our recommendation is to emphasize the team orientated communication tools offered by Flock as the primary orientation for usage and to use its rather robust application integration capabilities to supplement weaknesses in the usage of the program. We use Trello quite easily with Flock for instance. Give Flock a try as we believe it can help.

Pros

Seamless and extremely easy to use interface has many advantages including wide and extremely robust application support including Trello, social network apps and many more. We are able to manage team conversation which can be common or specific to users in the group, employ instant screen sharing , and one button touch for video call and chat participation. Overall Flock has proven extremely user friendly and convenient. At this time, pro model and feature upgrade is only a month.

Cons

Less ability at this time to control notifications from shared conversations as well as a non available capability to keep shared files private to 1 user.

Small office use

Flock is one of the better programs for small offices. The ability to create groups with fellow workers helps to speed up the process of cooperation. Pinned Chats are great as they help you keep the most active members of your team in a spot where you don't have to look for them. The To Do list is very helpful especially since I've learned how to use the "to do bot". Files are kept very organized and are helpful when needing to grab something from a few weeks ago.

Pros

Ease of use - the interface is very simple to use. Any person on any level of Tech knowledge can use this. Clean UI - The User Interface (UI) is laid out to where you learn where items are real quick. You have Pinned Chats, Open Chats and can search your most recent chats with no problem. There is a directory of users who are in your team. I also use the To Do Bot a ton. Using that automation bot to keep up with task and things that need to be done are worth the time reading the F.A.Q.'s.

Cons

Every time it's installed on a PC you have to have a specific code to key in. This can be tiresome or a time waste when installing on 30+ machines. Should just allow you do add people from an Admin panel and they not have to enter a code.

Shaumit

It is a reasonably good platform to communicate with team. It is extremely fast and useful to use.

Pros

I really love to use flock as it is best place to explore new features. Its far better than Slack as if I wanted to find some pervious data, I can easily go for search option and tailor it out.. I really love the TO-DO feature that helps me to follow up with people for various things. I love the pinned chats feature, which helps me to notify important things to important people and get connect with them without a delay. I also like notes feature, which help me to write the important points during meeting. Its best use is to share the file without delay and saves me time and email. Also, when I am busy, I can update my status without any delay.

Cons

1. I would like to inform that there is no con for using flock, however, if some changes, that I have suggested, could be made then it would be more user-friendly. 1. I would suggest flock team to work on reactions of a particular message. For example, on a particular channel, I would like to say something funny or express my gratitude, if some one from the team likes my message, I would suggest few more emojis to be added to make it more happier to use it. 2. I would like to explore new features like, if possible to add, dictionary or recordings of audio.

Lucas

Great Business Tool

It's a pleasure to use and I cannot see myself ever using another communication tool for business.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Makes interdepartmental communication efficient and quick. I love the ease with which you can share files, and make audio/video calls if chatting is not getting the job done.

Cons

Not sure if this is anything that could be fixed, but the only thing I found annoying is hearing my phone/computer ding with new message notifications hundreds of times in an hour. This is due to being part of several group chats, so not a defect in the software at all.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Flock gave our organization more capability for what we were looking for, and at a better price point.

Meredith

Communication Game-changer

Pros

Before Flock, we were relying on group texts and email chains. But as the company grew, group texts were becoming more unmanageable and confusing. I like that this keeps quick, business communications in one place. You can organize the channels easily. I also really like how smoothly Flock syncs with Dropbox. In our audio production field, we deal with a lot of big files. With Flock, you are able to send those files to a group to listen to easily, with quick loading time and with a smaller chance of the communication being lost like it would be on another email chain.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself missing notifications from Flock. I'm not sure if I just haven't fine-tuned my notification settings. But occasionally, I'll click on Flock and realize I didn't seem to see a slew of messages.

Reasons for choosing Flock

We chose Flock over Slack based on some of the reviews we read. I have used Slack too. I find Flock more user-friendly, intuitive and I think the interface is cleaner. Overall, I prefer Flock for these reasons.

Darina

Online managementtool for engineers

Lack of managment options on older apps, like Skype, made us forced to search for a new app for communication. Flock poped up on google play store, so we tried it out. Avaible on both play store and apple store, we quickly reached our objective. Everyone in our firm uses it now.

Pros

Since the world is in hard situation, we rely on online communication for task managing within our firm. Flock is great program for that. Not only is there basic online chatting, but the program also has options for task assigment. This means, we are able to directly distribute the work, without need of worry of someone forgetting their work, since its always written there. We use github, google disk and drop box at our firm. This program is able to co-work with them, which makes it usage that much easier for us. The amount of space avaible, 5 GB per team on free trail, is greatly appreciated. Naturally, 20 gb per team for purchased program is more than enough for normal firm usage. For just 4,50 a month, you have 3 apps in one: online communication, cloud storage, task managment. Avaible in both google play store and apple store makes it convenient for our diverse use of software.

Cons

Lack of profile costumization options.

Debjit

One of the simple and easy collaboration tool for my team.

I love the Idea of on-screen tutorials which is annoying first but collapsible later. Participance can now show their screen so no more blind guesses and solves problems quicker then ever.No more email for the customer. Now customer confusions participant directly to participants development process and share their thoughts when I progrrame their software. collaboration makes my work breez.

Pros

You can simply do all your team management in one place. here are some of the things I like the most of this service. Share screen with participents, on a video call. Share docs(also supports google docs) , ask for a pool , add code snippets . this make my life simper.No more long and time consuming email conversions. You just do all live chat and no more confutions. You can add many popular software to your flock account. I think it is an simple colaboration tool which makes my freelance life easyer. I love myspace for quick private note taking facility, which helps me Evaluate/Modify my work for later.

Cons

When I set it up for the first time it took 2 onscreen demos how to use it, I was annoying at first but with time this onscreen tutorial helps me find options else hiden.I would love to see a collapciable left bar(Cant find till now.)

Carsten

The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros

I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons

Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

Ian

An Excellent Team Communications and Utility Tool

Flock has quickly become a single hub for a lot of my daily work.

Pros

Prior to using Flock, our team was on slack which handled communications well. But what Flock brought to the table was more. In addition to the features that Slack has, Flock also has a calendar app, note taking app (which works with individuals, channels and myself, a feature which I really like), tasks app, drive app which I felt adds a lot of value to the product, and makes it a central hub for a lot of my daily activities. They have also recently added a feature that enables you to have repeated processes setup, bringing in automation into the platform. I think they're doing really well in the space that are in and hope they continue to keep innovating while keeping their users in mind.

Cons

They don't have enough integrations (like Invision). They also don't seem to have an easy way to export all data (Slack has this). A dark theme for Flock would be great.

Lindsay

Great for multi users

Simple install, seamless to use and very helpful when working with a large office. It's great for productivity opposed constantly having to physically gather to share information.

Pros

This is very easy to use and great for multiple users!

Cons

I'd love to use it as a multiuser for loved ones if there were a free version.

Reasons for choosing Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process but, I'm happy we did :)

Krishan

Very Satisfied

We are using Flock for 2 years now. It is just awesome. I dont have email everything . No email means no time waste. It is great for communication if someone is doing work form office. We have create a new group for every new project that helps to have everyone on same page. and easy for manager to get updates from team. It helps in discussion also. We have integrated flock api for alert on our application. Overall flock makes our entire team life easy.

Pros

Cons

I found one thing irritating that I can not delete reminder which was set by another team mate on group. and I can not download notes. Everything else is just awesome.

Lewis

Industry: Sporting Goods

Flock is awesome. All you hear about is Slack Slack Slack. Flock is way better bang for your buck!

Pros

It's very cost effective, the features are great, UI is easy and intuitive, and it's a no brainer in these times of increased remote work due to Coronavirus.

Cons

screenshare would be good. I would like if that was a feature.

Better bang for buck