What are Freelo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Freelo software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the opportunity to solve problems quickly and discuss them. I appreciate the opportunity to send daily reports by e-mail about what happened to the projects."
  • icon"At the same time having quite robust features. Love the time tracking feature."
  • icon"An overall overview of current tasks is priceless, as well as a calendar and its integration. Furthermore, notification settings, simplicity and a nice appearance."
  • icon"Missing Gantt feature as this moment. A little more expensive for small teams compared to Asana for instance."
  • icon"Poor functionality to work with deleted files."
  • icon"For managing a lot of longterm projects with a milion of tasks I miss gantt."

Browse all Freelo Reviews

• Have you used Freelo and would like to share your experience with others?

Václav

June 2022

First choice for NGO

As an NGO with a rather high number of volunteers on our team, a well-functioning and efficient management tool is key for proper workflow and task management. Freelo offers many useful features in a straightforward, user-friendly way, which combined with a reasonable pricing system makes the software our first choice.

Pros

Freelo saves up much of its users' time through implementation of tools such as calendar, deadlines option, efficient filters and template usage, which all come in very useful in regards to task management. Moreover, everything is easy to understand and utilize even for beginners and people who do not interest themselves in technology. A major benefit also lies in the pricing system, for Freelo does not charge each user individually, meaning the price does not change according to the number of team members, but rather remains set no matter how large the user group. Since our team in particular is quite numerous, this feature proved to be really helpful.

Cons

Not many disadvantages have occurred to us so far. The only negative is the absence of a ticket workflow.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Monday is rather complicated to use and understanding its functioning took a lot of time. Furthermore, Freelo's pricing system works better for our organization.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Freelo offers some useful features that we missed while working with Trello, such as deadlines and the calendar. In addition, Freelo's prices are more favorable.

Response from Freelo

Hello Vaclav, thank you for your review! We are happy to see that you decided to switch from our competition to us. If you miss any features that you think would be useful for other users, shoot us an email and we will consider implementing them.

Replied June 2022

Michal

The best choice for our company

I really recommend it to anyone who wants to move to a new level in business. None of the competition's solutions had such a comprehensive solution for a marketing agency.

Pros

We have tried several solutions, but this company has developed a solution suitable for us. We see that they are constantly improving, which I would like to thank for the new features. In the company, our communication and clarity have improved.

Cons

Initially, the disadvantage was the display, which, with the advent of the arrangement in the columns, solved a seemingly insignificant problem.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

the best solution at the best price

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Freelo includes all possibilities, the competition must use various addons for proper functionality

A very intuitive application that saves us time every day

For us as a company working on clients projects, Freelo is a great tool. In addition to being great for our business process, saving us time (and money), they have great customer support and lots of other useful features. For example, timetracking made work easier for my employees and increased the company's profits, thanks to the fact that employees have better work reports than when they had to report work to another tool.

Pros

- very intuitive - great for our company process - Freelo gave us lot of possibilities, how manage and develop our projects - timetracking - clean design

Cons

I am not sure if I have something to say against Freelo, we are satisfied. When we had some issue support solved it imidiatelly.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Old technologies of our product, not a lot of great functions, we can focus for our jobs, not for developing software for us. So its much cheaper at the end.

Response from Freelo

Hello David, thanks for review and sharing

Miroslava

Freelo: friendly software for every project

Less email in my inbox, every task is just in one place.

Pros

It's intuitive, user friendly. I like mobil app - using this all time. Calendar is helpful for organizations content for next month.

Cons

Using freelo is easy. Some features like whiteboard will be great.

Industry: Food Production

Freelo

Pros

Great task management, calendar event, overall ease of use

Cons

I am missing only gant chart tasks possibility

Miro

June 2022

Tasks & Project running in Freelo

It is quite usable though I'm missing more levels of tasks. At this moment the software is also missing conditioned tasks (first supplier delivers flour, then automatically baker would get assigned task to bake the bread and then the seller can put it on shelf for customers...), but they have a plan to implement it. What is also plus point is they have great and fast support - the ladies from support behave very decently and pro-client oriented and definitely want to help.

Pros

Management of tasks is really nice, user friendly and it is logical. Plus in combination with easy calendar it is ok. Also it is very easy to implement checklists into company and just copy them with all the tasks ready and in sequence - it really helps when one has checklist of 85 tasks assigned to diferent employees and needs it quite often.

Cons

Basically only three levels of tasks (project - task - subtask). So one is unable to assign project to whole division of company and then the division needs to split it in smaller parts and levels of company hierarchy. The company also doesn't have a plan to implement full email client into the software so one has everything in one place - contrarily they have a vision to switch and push users to only Freelo notifications and avoid emails completely - well, that could be possible when the whole planet (including suppliers, partners, customers, state offices...) would switch to Freelo.

Response from Freelo

Hi Miro, thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear that you find the structure to be a problem. However, we feel like creating another level might cause unnecessary chaos for some users. As to the email client, we do not plan on introducing such a feature.

Replied June 2022

Freelo review

Pros

Freelo is very easy to use, implement, and onboard the team. We like it for a smooth and clear assignment of tasks for our team. Our marketing team uses it on daily basis to collect and manage tasks.

Cons

The only thing that misses is creating tasks via email. It is possible to work around this and create a special email address but it creates a task only for the user who created it in a particular To-Do list.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Very helpful support (moreover in Czech), good pricing, perfect features, and we support sailors :)

Rather easy way to manage our daily tasks!

We switched from Trello to Freelo and we are very content. It has proven that is it very helpful tool for us.

Pros

It is very easy to use. At the same time having quite robust features. Love the time tracking feature! Kanban board that showed up recently.

Cons

Response from Freelo

Hello, thanks for your nice review. Gantt or similar visualisation will be released within next months.

Freelo review

For a long time I could not find a tool for leading tasks in small teams. Basecamp was confusing over time and I missed the opportunity to comment on individual checks separately in the trell. Freelo combined the best of both, which suits me best. If you are looking for a project management tool or tool for team leadership definitely try freelo.

Pros

clarity simplicity possibility to comment checks time measurement connection to invoicing to-do templates

Cons

Sometimes there were some little errors or ambiguities, but we always solved everything quickly with support

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Opacity over tasks in basecamp and inability to comment checks in trello

Response from Freelo

Hello Pavel, thanks for review. We are working hard to have everything perfect. If somethings unexpected happen than our support team is ready to help.

Jakub

Thanks to Freelo, I save the planet and time

For me personally, Freelo is a big advantage. I have my tasks in order now, before that it worked more like chaos. I have a perfect overview of all tasks on one page. After we have deployed Freelo in our organization, it no longer happens to me that I have to think about what work I have to do, now I just look and know exactly what to do.

Pros

Thanks Freely you no longer need to task, writing on paper that I can find somewhere on the table. So now I have a perfect overview of what and by when I have to do.

Cons

I perceive this as a negative if I order my subordinate a task that he can delete it without verification. I miss the request feature, specifically so that if a user wants to delete a task, it must be approved by his or her supervisor.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

This software is clearer, more user-friendly and mainly in the Czech language which was the main reason why to buy Freelo.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Now I no longer have to use writing paper, so I save the environment. At the same time, I have order and a certain hierarchy in all my tasks.

Industry: Environmental Services

start up

Pros

As a start-up with just few part-time workers beside me, we cannot yet fully evaluate all functionalities, but so far, it seems as a well designed product for smaller organizations.

Cons

I do not see any cons connected with the use of this product.

Jana

July 2022

Freelo is a perfect answer to our needs

Freelo is very user friendly tool. It covers all we need in our team, it is our virtual office. We highly recommend it.

Pros

very easy to use, very intuitive, perfect customer service, integration with emailing and CRM tool

Cons

I didn´t find any problem. Freelo is perfect for us.

Response from Freelo

Hello Jana, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to see that you like Freelo and didn't find any cons of using it!

Vito

July 2022

The centre of communication with my clients

All about project management and time tracking.

Pros

Kanban view. I'm finding it really easy to navigate.

Cons

I don't know. It meets all my needs. I like the nautical design!

Response from Freelo

Thank you, Vito, for your kind review! We are happy to see that Freelo satisfies all your needs!

Ladislav

Freelo is your best choise!

Pros

Thanks to freelo, we have all the tasks and their solutions in one place. It's also good space to communicate in a team.

Cons

I think that everything is fine. Software works great!

Response from Freelo

Thanks Ladislav

Marco

Handy tool for planing

Freelo was a handy tool for project management in our team.

Pros

The simplicitu of the app. Freelo interface is really basic. Easy to learn new colleague learn to work with.

Cons

Possibility of use. Freelo could offer more functionalities.

Response from Freelo

Hello Marco, thank you for your kind review! We are pleased to see that Freelo fits your needs and that you are satisfied with it!

Lukáš

Freelo is on fire!

As a small business, we were expierencing with all kinds of project managment tools though none of them is equal to freelo (and trust me, we tried a lots of them - Asana, Trello...). It just clicked as we tried it few years ago and we are using it ever since. For the first time in our company history we have a complete map of the road we are taking as well as an amazing management tool, which allows me to oversee the tasks of each individual in our team. There are lots of intelligent features and small things that makes freelo a tool which allows you to really focus on the tasks at hand such as integration with calendar, exports, pinning documents, tagging and time tracking. Finally, freelo is a tool that just doesn't stand in the way of your work, but helps you to get things done.

Pros

+ very easy to use + intuitive design + nice UI (good for eyes and easy to look at) + simple yet with lots of important features (pinning e-mails, calendar, overviews...) + amazing filters + customer support + Czech company

Cons

Well honestly, after two years of using freelo on daily basis, with all the improvements freelo team does each month, there is nothing for me to complain about apart from really small details. If you create new project, be careful to choose the currency in which the time is tracked. You can't change that afterwards.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

More user-oriented approach when it comes to tasks and project management.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

All alternatives were fit just for a handful of us. We couldn't find a cross-friendly platform.

Response from Freelo

Hello Luka, thanks for nice review. Mixing currencies is very hard to deal with. We care about every small detail. I hope there will be very few similar issues.

Radek

Industry: Graphic Design

Great company manager

I use it for task and financial management. You can set the hourly rate or directly write the sum to your task. You can use time tracking as well. For me as a freelancer graphic designer is Freelo the best option. I was looking for something like that few years. It has far more options, that I won't even find use in my business. But it's maybe the greatest thing about Freelo...it's for every size of company, from one freelancer to big corporate business.

Pros

It's very easy to use. Creating projects and to-do lists is very simple. You can timetrack every single step of work, set the budget, prices... Also you can communicate with the team or clients. Share previews, create tasks directly from gmail, assign the task to colleague...and many more. You can also easily view how far is the work and who is now on turn...

Cons

Nothing. Like every software, it has sometimes some small bugs, but the support is very quick and nice. Honestly I used their support only once :-)

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Freelo is more suitable for my needs (financial management, time tracking...).

Response from Freelo

Hello Radek, thanks for review. Support is very important for us. But we hope you will not need it for bug reports.. :)

Jakub

Freelo helped us not to get completely bananas from all the daily work

Project management issues that we have before are completely solved by Freelo, but now we are struggling with some advanced functionality missing, like better billing, tracking etc.

Pros

We were searching for the tool that will help us to manage all the daily tasks, both internally and externally. We have been using Basecamp before, and we love that Freelo has all the best from BC but tops it with more handy functions that we missed in the BC.

Cons

We would love the accounting / billing functions to be improved.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Same ease of use like Basecamp but plenty of handy functions that we were missing in Basecamp. Other products were evaluated as too complicated.

We needed more functionality

Response from Freelo

Hello Jakub, thanks for review. Billing/Accounting will be improoved. It's on our roadmap.

Pavel

Freelo - the best partner for your business journey from zero to hero

Great tool, thanks to which I can sleep more peacefully, because it takes care of all tasks. That's why every day I know what to do and I can focus more on strategy and planning.

Pros

Cons

Nothing special, just a few minor misunderstandings that the developers will resolve very quickly as always :)

Reasons for choosing Freelo

I was looking for the best solution for me as a freelancer / small company, but now I know, big companies are missing this tool!

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Response from Freelo

Hello Pavel, thanks for review.

Ondrej

Clever and intuitive project management system

I manage online marketing projects with Freelo. I have tried several similar systems but Freelo is the best tool for me and my team. I recommend it to everyone in our field.

Pros

Ease to use and easy to manage your team. Very intuitive for managing tasks. It is possible to integrate it with Google, Raynet CRM and the accounting system.

Cons

The Freelo team is still innovating their system. Every upgrade is exciting about new features. I do not miss anything in their system.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Because it is simply clever and not incompatible with others.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

I wanted a project management tool with less administration and more better overview. I like the personal approach from the Freelo team.

Václav

Practical project management software

I was searching for a long time to get a project management software that is easy to use, doesn't have all the clutter around that most of the others have and is straight forward. Once I started using Freelo, I hoped I had found it earlier!

Pros

It has all I need for a project management of web development that allows me to have an overview of what needs to be done, track time I spent on each task and later know how much I should invoice. It helps me to keep track of budget so that I always know how much is left when a budget is tight and leads to overall better management of what needs to be done. I can also invite clients to see what I'm working on.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much I would change. Perhaps only better calendar view when I have many tasks for each day would be better but to accomplish my tasks it has all I need.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

They changed product pricing and it became too expensive and complicated when I wanted to invite someone else to cooperate. With Freelo I'm only limited with the number of active project I have which also helps me to focus only on certain amount of projects at a time.

Response from Freelo

Hello Vaclav, thanks for review. We are working on new calendar features. In week view there are already some changes you will like.

Move forward your business

Progress in effectivity solve problems with bad cash flow. Task overview is amazing.

Pros

simple usage, integrate with google calendar and gmail

Cons

poor functionality to work with deleted files

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Freelo is better for our tasks.

Reasons for switching to Freelo

In one solution you have pretty less office time. I simply wanted to combine several solutions into one.

Response from Freelo

Hello Michal, thanks for review. We are working on new section for deleted files.

Renata

Freelo is user friendly master piece

I have nothing but perfect experience. It is easy to learn using it, easy to learn others to use it and customer support is always helpful.

Pros

I like the most simplicity of frontend. It is perfectly clear and easy to learn. Also I like customer support both knowledge base/webinars and chat/email

Cons

For managing a lot of longterm projects with a milion of tasks I miss gantt. This kind of display mode would help me a lot. But for my personal tasks or marketing and operation project it work 100% perfect!

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Trello is also expensive in bigger numbers and it is not so clearly regarding managing tasks, discuss on tasks. It did not suite us

Reasons for switching to Freelo

Asana does not have such a good customer support and it is much more expensive in the range of features we use. Also the price is in total no matter how many users I have. So I am not afraid how much we will pay when we hire 10 more people.

Response from Freelo

Hello Renata, thanks for review. We are thinking about Gant. Don't worry.

Tomáš

Thanks from Digital Mediate

As a digital agency, we solve dozens of partial tasks every day. Thanks to templates and project management, we are able to clearly record everything and have an overview of tasks. Good job!

Pros

The best thing about the Freelo app I love its ease of use and keyboard shortcuts, which will save me a lot of time.

Cons

I would appreciate the integration of Google Drive, which would make it easier for us to share files

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Because it's a Czech product, it's a great bunch of people who are in a similar mood

Response from Freelo

Hello Tomas, thanks for review. We have our new Freelo drive which allow you to integrate Google files.

Antonín

Freelo streamlined our collaboration

We are using Freelo daily, it's one of our core tools to manage development process, mainly in collaboration phase. Freelo allowed us to get rid of lot of emails and thus improve cooperation

Pros

Easy adoption by the users, good notification system, mobile application, price :)

Cons

Some advanced functionalities, filtering, sorting, reporting, states....but we accepted this as trade off for simplicity.

Reasons for choosing Freelo

Easier to use, easy adoption process, better fits our needs.

Response from Freelo

Hello Antonin, thanks for review. Advanced features are comming with new business plan. For example insights, bulk operations and so on...

4.86/5 out of 86 reviews