• icon"The strengths of Gmelius include the ability to integrate with Gmail, have access to templates at the click of a button, and having emails that I send pop back into my inbox at a specific time."
  • icon"I have a pretty extensive automated flow that I had in mind and it works perfectly."
  • icon"They also seem to be adding new features and improving regularly. I particular like the email drip function which is widely applicable when combined with templates."
  • icon"Some of the features are confusing and frustrating. Sometimes when I am working on a campaign, it won't let me send it because of some unknown error and I have to redo the whole thing."
  • icon"My major frustration is the aggregation of email read notifications. If, while you have been away from your computer, and return you get each notification one after the other."
  • icon"It's not their fault but sometimes some new addons that you want to have in your chrome, crash or make conflits. But it's the same for everyone."

All Gmelius Reviews

Felipe

Effective. Do what it say it will do. Simple as that

I'm using it for 2 main proposes. I outreach people in a totally automated way, so I can plan when and what I have to do. Also I can structure my email as a project manager. Non relevant, archive or send to a different board to store there. Simplify my life as I have to work with different poeple all day long and keep tracking of that.

Pros

Flexible. I have a pretty extensive automated flow that I had in mind and it works perfectly. But at the same time, for some emails, I just set a simple follow-up or to move to a different board for archiving or priority.

Reasons for choosing Gmelius

I can keep using my gmail and have an iOS app. Love it super clever way to engage with the user on-the-go like me. I can start a sequence to someone that I meet in a conference without issues.

Reasons for switching to Gmelius

Mixmax has a really simple automation flow, only if they do not repond. Gmelius it's a full automation with 7 actions!!! "reply, not reply, upon reply, no opened, opened, upon read, regardless" This makes a totally different experience.

Response from Gmelius

We really appreciate the review Felipe, It's great to hear Gmelius is optimizing your workflows. And we look forward to supporting more of the SendGrid team.

Replied December 2019

Sequencing feature is the best kept secret

I needed something that did email sequencing really well, with form fields, and glad I found Gmelius.

Pros

I really like the email sequencing feature. I use it on a weekly basis and it has really saved me a lot of hours, removing me from the manual follow up method. I also like that I can put notes in each card.

Cons

I wish it could "bundle" emails from specific persons together on the same card. This is handy if you use email for lead management, but get different email threads for the same potential client. I also wish that they could allow me to edit sequences without having to delete everything below a stage.

Reasons for choosing Gmelius

Customer support and working functionality.

Reasons for switching to Gmelius

Drag's email sequencing malfunctioned and team was slow to respond to fixes.

Aery

Industry: Translation and Localization

Good functions but lousy speed

Pros

A lot of functions that are usable in our business practices

Cons

It really slows down our whole email reply processes

Response from Gmelius

Hello Aery, Thank you for taking the time to review. Gmelius is actually known for its performance. There may be a conflict with one of your other plug-ins. Please feel free to reach out to our support team to get you back up to speed.

Senad

Solid e-mail tracking product... and more!

We find e-mail tracking a very useful feature (tracking proposals / invoices) and communication with clients and the integration with G Suite was a plus. Implementation was easy. Support is excellent.

Pros

We primarily use Gmelius for e-mail tracking although it has some other functionalities (automation/collaboration) and the developer is adding more.

Cons

There were some bugs with Chrome extension that we had to resolve with the support team. The user interface could be a bit more intuitive.

Pricing.

Karen

One of my favorite Gmail Apps!

My beloved email program shut down at the time Newton and I was in need of a new way to manage my inbox. After testing other email applications I decided to stick with the native Gmail system. I knew Chrome had a lot of extensions and after a few searches, I came across Gmelius. Its been pivotal in helping me run my business and now I use it every day to manage my inbox.

Pros

The tracking feature is my favorite you can get notifications when someone reads your emails. Which is handy as a business owner, you want to ensure that the recipient is receiving information. Another great feature is the snooze, email templates and a slew of other nice features.

Cons

I wish Gmelius could be used in other browsers besides Chrome and I also wished there was a mobile app. I think they are working on it, but I would love to see that soon.

Response from Gmelius

Thank you Karen for your kind words. We highly appreciate your feedback and the time you've spent to write it. Besides Chrome, Gmelius is also available in Safari, Opera, and Brave browsers. As well as on mobile, both for iOS and Android. Best wishes, - The Gmelius Team

Replied April 2019

Andrea

Make Gmail work your way

Pros

I do love the ability to customize many aspects of gmail that overwise I couldn't. And I especially like the ability to add reminders and add notes in email. I'm not using the tracking functionalities as I'm used to Yesware for that.

Cons

I got it in the early stage and it was a one time fee. Not sure if I could justify paying a recurring fee for this.

Response from Gmelius

Hi Andrea, thank you for your feedback. It's very important for us. For the past few months, Gmelius has evolved a lot. Along with reminders and notes, you can now create personalized email sequences and templates that can be shared within your team, as well as email campaigns with detailed activity streams. Besides, Gmelius offers a full collaboration suite that includes shared inbox, shared Gmail labels, kanban boards and much more. Feel free to visit our website and chat with the team. Kind regards, - The Gmelius Team

Replied April 2019

Matthew

Makes Gmail complete!

Very positive. It has made me enjoy Gmail much more as a business tool especially for scheduling emails and getting reminders for follow-ups (if no reply has been received). I don't have the most advanced version that allows you to send automated emails, but I will continue to be a client, and pay more if they develop a contact management feature.

Pros

Great features for creating follow-ups, delayed sending and advanced snoozing that Gmail just needs. I used Email Open tracking, for all emails in the beginning, but this was overkill. I mostly use follow-ups. If I upgrade my account I can also schedule auto follow-ups. It makes Gmail so much easier.

Cons

No mobile integration with Gmail on iOS, but they are creating their own iOS app. Android already has an app. I would like to see contact management as a feature, like FullContact, but built into Gmelius. My major frustration is the aggregation of email read notifications. If, while you have been away from your computer, and return you get each notification one after the other. If you send a lot of emails this can take a long time. There is no way to snooze all etc. Some features are coming though.

J├╝rgen

GMelius - More Control over Gmail

GMelius is one of our "must have" Gmail plugins that makes us much more productive with email.

Pros

The ability to remove emails from inbox to have them return at the time when they need action; templated emails; sequences.

Cons

Sometimes the plugin doesn't load automatically.

Response from Gmelius

Thank you Jurgen for your kind words! We highly appreciate your feedback. Kindly ensure that your browser is not configured to clear your browsing data whenever it closes. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat, we'll be happy to help. Best wishes, - The Gmelius Team

Replied May 2019

Juan

Great Gmail integration, love the 'sequence' feature.

It is a great everyday tool to follow up tasks.

Pros

It has many features that are really great. One of the most powerful ones is the 'sequence' feature, that permits to create marketing automation chains of emails. Also the way Gmelius lets you configure your inbox in Gmail is something else.

Cons

Now and then you have to re-authorize the chrome add-on and that can be a little annoying, but is a small thing.

Response from Gmelius

Hi Juan, thanks a lot for reviewing us. We highly appreciate it! Normally, you don't have to re-authorise the extension. Feel free to contact us on our website, the tech team will be happy to help you out. Best wishes, - The Gmelius Team

Eric

Gmail is so much better with Gmelius.

My favorite benefit is how much cleaner the Gmail UI looks. Are the extra features nice? Sure. Many features you don't even realize until they are GONE. There are many benefits -- but easy of use and "not being noticed" are it's best features.

Pros

I love how it makes Gmail cleaner and nicer to use. It adds some really cool features and keeps me from using an email client.

Cons

Cost. But if I am honest, it's worth the money they are asking. With new features being released all the time, it's cool.

Response from Gmelius

Thanks Eric for your nice words and of course, for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us bring more value to our offering. All the best, - The Gmelius Team

Replied March 2018

Theophan

Never Drop the Ball Again!

Overall, my experience with Gmelius has been excellent and I recommend it to other small business owners monthly. Gmelius integrates very easily with Gmail and keeps me from dropping balls in my business, not just with my current clients but also with prospective clients.

Pros

The strengths of Gmelius include the ability to integrate with Gmail, have access to templates at the click of a button, and having emails that I send pop back into my inbox at a specific time. I use Gmelius every single work day. As a professional coach I use Gmelius to send Coaching Session Notes to my clients immediately after a coaching session and I set the email to pop back into my email a few days later which reminds me to follow up with my client to check in with them and see how they're doing. I'll use the same feature when reaching out to and following up with prospective clients. I'll send an email and set it to pop back up in my inbox in 2 days if the recipient doesn't reply. I'll send a follow up email and set it to pop back into my inbox in another 2 days if the recipient still doesn't reply. This allows me to stay on top of my prospecting and keeps me from dropping balls. As a small company, I also use Gmelius as a very simple CRM. It's very easy to use and help me stay on top of my prospecting efforts.

Cons

If there was one thing I would ask to have added to Gmelius it would be the ability to send emails to lists, such as my sales training students. I'm using MailChimp to send scheduled emails to my students. If Gmelius has this ability I have yet to figure out how to easily integrate it into my processes.

Reasons for switching to Gmelius

Because Gmelius integrates more easily with Gmail and fills the need I have for a very simple CRM.

Response from Gmelius

Hello Theo, Thanks a bunch for your review - we really appreciate it. The good news is that you can get rid of Mailchimp. :) Gmelius will allow you to send email campaigns to your entire list without leaving Gmail. You can even create smart sequences for custom follow ups based on each recipients reactions. Here's a video that might help: https://gmelius.com/sequences

Stephanie

Industry: Wholesale

Great way to create your emails into tickets, with a few missing things...

It's helped me an my team streamline emails and issues. Assigning emails has been a huge way to help when people are out of the office or when something becomes high priority. I don't really use the canban boards, since there's extra steps involved, but the ticketing is great!

Pros

I love that I can assign tickets to other team members, follow emails, and keep updated on what's going on without having to be CC'd on an email chain.

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate it with Zapier. I have multiple teams and it would be useful to create a ticket for them to work without having an email account set up within the company. There are some extra steps that you need to take when things aren't showing up, that's a bit annoying, but nothing I can't work around.

Reasons for choosing Gmelius

It was all in Gmail and there weren't any extra steps for my team to make.

Reasons for switching to Gmelius

There were too many extra steps with the other product. There was a portal you had to work through and I didn't like having to constantly connect and reconnect the settings for all of the team members. It was also not based in Gmail. Yet another page to visit was a pain!

Response from Gmelius

Thanks a bunch for your review Stephanie, We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know our team is hard at work on your request. Stay tuned for more integrations as we allow teams to choose their preferred workspace. All the best to you and your team...

Replied December 2019

Best GMail email manager

Pros

This is the best GMail add-on I have found. My favourite features including blocking email trackers, notifying me when someone has viewed an email, snoozing emails and sending an email later.

Cons

I like their unsubscribe feature, but I do wish their unsubscribe button would show up sooner. If I go to delete an email I find I often click their unsubscribe button since it appears a few seconds after the email loads and it moves the delete button out of the way.

Industry: Graphic Design

Excellent, reliable extension for Gmail users with great functionality

Pros

I can no longer use Gmail without Gmelius the snooze function especially makes a huge difference to my workflow, and the email tracking features have been surprisingly good to have! As a company, Gmelius seem willing to listen to the needs of their users as well, which has has a postive influence on my experience with the software

Cons

Occasionally I was having issues with Gmail being slow to load into Gmail, however, it seems to have improved significantly over the past few months. The UX of the previous 'To Do' feature wasn't great, but they have recently removed/changed this.

Response from Gmelius

Thanks Andrew for the review. We're glad you're able to help you streamline your email communications and business workflow! There is always room for improvement, and your feedback is highly appreciated. Cheers, the Gmelius Team

Replied March 2018

Jesse

Gmelius is mostly great

We are still using it even though it doesn't fit within our budget. I guess that shows that it has become indispensable for our organization.

Pros

Gmail alone isn't quite good enough for business use. We use Gmelius's robust templates functionality multiple times a day. We also use the shared inbox feature for our general customer service email.

Cons

The price. It used to be a lot less expensive. We have trouble affording even the non-profit rates for 2 seats.

Sam

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Gmelius review

Great, intuitive. Eye-opening. Surprising to see how feature packed it is.

Pros

Great features and great value for money. Other similar tools only have half the features but cost the same. We will be moving to a paid plan after trial period.

Cons

The Kanban boards are ever so slightly slow to load (this could be my connection or iMac). I'm still exploring the product but not much to complain about.